PDA

View Full Version : Hoppe

HendoDelivered
05-03-2023, 12:48 PM
Thoughts on him?

B.H.F.C
05-03-2023, 12:51 PM
I’ve not been overly impressed but he has made an impact. Goal against Kilmarnock. Assist and forced the sending off yesterday so difficult to argue with his contribution. Should actually have had a couple of goals more but the fact he’s getting chances is a good thing.

LewysGot2
05-03-2023, 12:52 PM
Thought he did the thankless job well yesterday.

DaveF
05-03-2023, 01:02 PM
His movement is excellent but he's missed 2 glorious chances in 2 games.

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2023, 01:11 PM
Far too early to judge the guy ... he seems to like to play on the shoulder looking to bend a run to beat the defence, though I'm not convinced he is as quick as he might think he is, which you need to be to play that game. So far you aren't going to burst into tears if you see Nibet's name on the team sheet instead of his .... but it's very early days.

Not In The Know
05-03-2023, 02:46 PM
Far too early to judge the guy ... he seems to like to play on the shoulder looking to bend a run to beat the defence, though I'm not convinced he is as quick as he might think he is, which you need to be to play that game. So far you aren't going to burst into tears if you see Nibet's name on the team sheet instead of his .... but it's very early days.

He’s decent enough.

is he that much better than any of the young lads coming through tho?

Callum_62
05-03-2023, 02:49 PM
He’s decent enough.

is he that much better than any of the young lads coming through tho?Yes

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

easty
05-03-2023, 02:55 PM
He’s decent enough.

is he that much better than any of the young lads coming through tho?

He's only 21 year old, I think he's done pretty well in the limited time he's played for us so far. I like him.

That said, Nisbet is a better player, and when he's ready to start, Hoppe will go back to the bench.

He has 8 caps for the United States, and has goals and games in the Bundesliga too. Moved to Mallorca for £3m, then to Middlesbrough for £2.5m. 21 year old.

wookie70
05-03-2023, 02:58 PM
When we get the ball to his feet he does pretty well. He also makes decent runs in behind. Decent signing but with Myko and Nisbet now fit he will be on the bench and a good option.

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2023, 03:01 PM
Has scored 1:3 makes intelligent runs and shows good composure in the box

Unlucky not to score two versus Killie

Wasn’t quite sure where he was supposed to be playing yesterday?

Looks a good player nonetheless

Tyler Durden
05-03-2023, 03:07 PM
The chance missed yesterday, he actually showed great composure. If anything he was a bit too clever for his own good.

Looks like he can do a job left or right aswell which is important these days.

I like him

Svengali
05-03-2023, 03:08 PM
Hoppe has done well IMO. Could have had a hat trick against Killie, should’ve scored yesterday but was involved in their sending off.

He’s getting into scoring positions which is always a good sign with a striker

superfurryhibby
05-03-2023, 03:08 PM
I though he looked good v Kilmarnock, he was direct, pacy and looked confident on the ball.

Fergus52
05-03-2023, 03:34 PM
Movement is great and he clearly has something about him to have had the career he's had at a young age, but I'm not sure he has the physical attributes to be a top striker - was getting chucked about by the St Mirren CBs a few weeks ago and doesn't seem that quick either.

I'd previously been moaning about him not looking very comfortable in possession as well, but it was a great turn and pass to set up the second yesterday so really hoping I'll be proved wrong on that one and he was just lacking a bit of sharpness.

Northernhibee
05-03-2023, 03:36 PM
Reminds me of Jamie Maclaren. The intelligence of his movement is there to see, but finishing could be a bit better. Will create chances through his movement though.

Torto7
05-03-2023, 03:44 PM
Hes a very good forward and unselfish. Fast, high iq and powerful.

ErinGoBraghHFC
05-03-2023, 03:44 PM
Hoppe has done well IMO. Could have had a hat trick against Killie, should’ve scored yesterday but was involved in their sending off.

He’s getting into scoring positions which is always a good sign with a striker

Bojang got into scoring positions too, needs to be finishing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easty
05-03-2023, 03:51 PM

If you cannae see the difference in the quality of player between Hoppe and Bojang already then I'm in shock.

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-03-2023, 03:52 PM

Bojang’s on fire…

ErinGoBraghHFC
05-03-2023, 03:55 PM
If you cannae see the difference in the quality of player between Hoppe and Bojang already then I'm in shock.

I didn’t say there’s not a difference in quality, what I’m saying is getting into scoring positions and missing isn’t much benefit to the team

ErinGoBraghHFC
05-03-2023, 03:57 PM
Bojang’s on fire…

[emoji91][emoji2036]

greenlex
05-03-2023, 04:12 PM
His “miss’ yesterday was more to do with a good save by the keeper than anything he did wrong IMO. He’s a good player and welcome addition.

lyonhibs
05-03-2023, 07:45 PM
As far as late January loan signings go, compared to the historical average he's ****ing Messi.

In reality, a good squad option

BlackSheep
05-03-2023, 08:20 PM
Probably still getting used to the game up here… but definitely doing the right things when he plays. I think he will prove a very useful addition til the end of the season

Unseen work
05-03-2023, 08:24 PM
Decent.

Good movement and pace.

Really good play for Henderson’s chance in the first half and then showed link up play for Youan’s second.

I think his miss was more to do with the pitch and not sitting how he wanted it to and also trying to hold off a defender - should have scored though.

CentreForward
05-03-2023, 09:14 PM
Far too early to be certain about him. A couple of misses doesn’t necessarily mean anything. He took his goal against Killie brilliantly.

1875Sean
05-03-2023, 10:06 PM
Looks a good option but based on what I’ve seen so far a fully fit Nisbet and Kukharevych are ahead on him

Bronson
06-03-2023, 11:19 AM
I’m not seeing enough to suggest he threatens nisbet or big myk’s place in the team when they are fit

Wilson
06-03-2023, 11:47 AM
I’m not seeing enough to suggest he threatens nisbet or big myk’s place in the team when they are fit

They are good players so that is no shame. As others have said he is a good option to have. A stronger option than Bojang (an idiot can see) and ahead of our youngsters through experience.

CapitalGreen
06-03-2023, 12:23 PM
They are good players so that is no shame. As others have said he is a good option to have. A stronger option than Bojang (an idiot can see) and ahead of our youngsters through experience.

and ability.

Tyler Durden
06-03-2023, 12:34 PM
I don't think we need to question whether Hoppe is better than Nisbet or Myk.

He is another option and he's immediately shown he's a goal threat that can play in a few different roles. At the turn of the year we were looking at McKirdy and Melkersen as our options and neither offered much, for whatever reason.

Now with Youan, Hoppe, Nisbet, Myko and Henderson we have decent options for 3 forward roles. Considering we're missing McGeady and Boyle.

Credit to the recruitment team.

B.H.F.C
06-03-2023, 12:40 PM
I don't think we need to question whether Hoppe is better than Nisbet or Myk.

He is another option and he's immediately shown he's a goal threat that can play in a few different roles. At the turn of the year we were looking at McKirdy and Melkersen as our options and neither offered much, for whatever reason.

Now with Youan, Hoppe, Nisbet, Myko and Henderson we have decent options for 3 forward roles. Considering we're missing McGeady and Boyle.

Credit to the recruitment team.

I know he’s injured but I genuinely forgot all about McKirdy.

Melkersen up to a total of 9 minutes on loan. Think we did a decent short term job in January, big job on our hands in the summer to have ourselves in decent nick for the start of next season.

JamesHFC
06-03-2023, 12:43 PM
He’s an upgrade on Bojang & Melkersen from what I’ve seen so far.

Since452
06-03-2023, 12:56 PM
I know he’s injured but I genuinely forgot all about McKirdy.

Melkersen up to a total of 9 minutes on loan. Think we did a decent short term job in January, big job on our hands in the summer to have ourselves in decent nick for the start of next season.

Melkersen is one i'd like to see moved on permanently. Safe to say we won't be getting the seven figure fee from the Dutch side based on his minutes so far! I just can't see it working for him at this level. I agree though, we will likely lose three very decent loan signings in the summer in CJ, Hoppe and Mykola. You'd think there would be a strong chance Nisbet will be away too. That's a fairly big rebuild.

Wilson
06-03-2023, 01:44 PM
and ability.

I didn't want to say as much because I haven't seen enough of the youngsters but, yes, I expect you are right.

Vault Boy
06-03-2023, 01:48 PM
A couple of bad misses, but he’s done a decent job overall. Thought his link up play was good on Sat.

Truth is, he probably won’t play much if we have better luck with injuries between now and the end of the season, but he looks a capable backup in any case.

brydekirk
08-03-2023, 02:44 PM
Better than Doidge

hibsbollah
08-03-2023, 03:12 PM
He’s an upgrade on Bojang.

This is the actual dictionary definition of ‘to damn with faint praise’.

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2023, 03:38 PM
As far as late January loan signings go, compared to the historical average he's ****ing Messi.

In reality, a good squad option

Is he? Scott Allan, Kamberi, McNulty, Docherty were all good.

makaveli1875
08-03-2023, 04:49 PM

Did we not get stokes in January the season he scored the 2 goals in the SC final too

random sub
08-03-2023, 10:19 PM
Was Hoppe not a £3million signing for Middlesbrough? Certainly not saying he is a bad player but a startling bit of business by someone if so

Steve-O
09-03-2023, 03:37 AM
Another that looks “ok” but we need better

lyonhibs
09-03-2023, 06:42 AM

I said historical average. You've picked out the outliers tbf.

easty
09-03-2023, 07:04 AM
The boys 21 year old.

Asked to lead the line with nae support, and nae service, against a Rangers side who since the World Cup have now played 19 games, won 16, drew 2, and only lost once. That being to Celtic in the cup final.

Hibernian Verse
09-03-2023, 07:22 AM
The boys 21 year old.

Asked to lead the line with nae support, and nae service, against a Rangers side who since the World Cup have now played 19 games, won 16, drew 2, and only lost once. That being to Celtic in the cup final.

I was just about to post this. He also assisted the goal with intelligent movement at the back post.

3m is a snip to teams down South and they have put him on loan to us to try and develop him into the player they hope he can be.

LeithMike
09-03-2023, 01:06 PM
Reminds me of Jamie Maclaren. The intelligence of his movement is there to see, but finishing could be a bit better. Will create chances through his movement though.

His movement off the ball reminds me of Keith Wright in his first couple of years at Hibs. Not sure if his running with the ball are if same standard but he certainly has something.