PDA

View Full Version : The Referee today

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-03-2023, 04:34 PM
Thought he had a great game, took no mess from anyone, well done sir, wish there was more like you in our league 👌👍

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2023, 04:34 PM
Thought he had a great game, took no mess from anyone, well done sir, wish there was more like you in our league [emoji108][emoji106]

I genuinely thought he was dreadful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottie
04-03-2023, 04:36 PM
I genuinely thought he was dreadful

Me too. Thought he was awful. Stop start some weird decision.

Jones28
04-03-2023, 04:40 PM
Any idea how number 4 was allowed?

HH81
04-03-2023, 04:44 PM

Defender played the ball so everyone was then onside, I think.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2023, 04:47 PM
Absolutely horrendous.

Totally lost control

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-03-2023, 04:53 PM
Let's put it this way, he was a damn sight better than some of the ********s we've had to put up with this season 🙄

Stubbsy90+2
04-03-2023, 04:53 PM

I thought Nisbet was offside..

Carheenlea
04-03-2023, 05:02 PM
Was there any need for the referee to be jabbing a pointed finger at Egan-Riley while he was giving him a lecture during his booking?

Another self aggrandising clown.

HarpOnHibee
04-03-2023, 05:07 PM
Was there any need for the referee to be jabbing a pointed finger at Egan-Riley while he was giving him a lecture during his booking?

Another self aggrandising clown.

Looking at the VAR decisions that have led to sending offs this season, I was surprised he remained on the pitch tbh.

Victor
04-03-2023, 05:37 PM
Looking at the VAR decisions that have led to sending offs this season, I was surprised he remained on the pitch tbh.

Would agree, but in fairness he did make contact with the ball first, then bounced off that onto the player. I think the pitch contributed as well as I think on grass CJ would have slid in cleaner and took the ball. Sliding tackles on that surface are not for the faint hearted as you usually get stuck. Johnson was sensible in replacing him soon after though!

Carheenlea
04-03-2023, 06:00 PM

Admittedly, I haven’t seen it again, but initially thought the histrionics from the Livingston players contributed to making it look worse than it was.

Onceinawhile
04-03-2023, 06:15 PM

I thought Nisbet was maybe onside. Certainly wasn't much in it.

greenlex
04-03-2023, 06:23 PM
Thought the ref did just fine.

matty_f
04-03-2023, 06:24 PM
At the game i thought the ref was murder but on reflection I don't think he got anything major wrong. Nisbet maybe unlucky to get booked, that was more on the reaction from Livi than anything else, I thought.

Helensburghhibs
04-03-2023, 06:25 PM
I thought he was poor at the game . Not so much the big decisions but loads of small ones. And why he let the physios take so long without getting a stretcher on is beyond me

Mr Grieves
04-03-2023, 06:29 PM

Nisbet was initially in an offside position but ran back onside when the ball was played

greenlex
04-03-2023, 06:55 PM
This.
:agree:

Hibee Mac
04-03-2023, 07:33 PM
The 4th goal was yet another decision that took waay too long to come to. Was watching on TV today and the first replay we saw it was clear as day the defender plays the ball so Nisbet is onside.

Instead we waited 2 mins for them to come to the decision!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Partyraiser
04-03-2023, 08:02 PM
When their player went down after taking the free kick to the head and we picked the ball up in their half, why did their goalie get the ball for the restart? Surely that's a licence for any team to stop a 2nd phase off every set piece they head clear!?

McGruber
04-03-2023, 08:15 PM

Clearly a goal on current rules. The rules are crap though and should be offside. Similar to Shankland for Hearts v Dundee Utd. Ball is played and Nisbet is off, however, if the defender 'attempts' to play the ball it starts a second phase. That then plays everyone on. So by the rules it is a goal. Not a rule I agree with.. what are defenders supposed to do!? Got to take a swing at it, they don't know at the time. Not that it mattered there, 3-1 or 4-1 game was done

greenlex
04-03-2023, 08:23 PM
Clearly a goal on current rules. The rules are crap though and should be offside. Similar to Shankland for Hearts v Dundee Utd. Ball is played and Nisbet is off, however, if the defender 'attempts' to play the ball it starts a second phase. That then plays everyone on. So by the rules it is a goal. Not a rule I agree with.. what are defenders supposed to do!? Got to take a swing at it, they don't know at the time. Not that it mattered there, 3-1 or 4-1 game was done
When you say ‘ attempt’ to play the ball do they not actually need to play it? If the rule was different and the player just being off no matter what then a stray pass by a defender to a team mate wouldn’t be covered.

Donegal Hibby
04-03-2023, 08:34 PM
Two things I've been wondering about .(1) were did they get the two minutes added time at the end of the first half from ? .(2) the freekick shot that stopped play for the Livvy player to get treatment ,why was the ball not returned to us when we had possession of it ? Think the Livvy keeper was given the ball by the referee .

Green Man
04-03-2023, 08:40 PM
When their player went down after taking the free kick to the head and we picked the ball up in their half, why did their goalie get the ball for the restart? Surely that's a licence for any team to stop a 2nd phase off every set piece they head clear!?

The rule is that if the ball is in the penalty area when play is stopped, the ball goes to the defending goalkeeper. I agree that the rule is open to abuse, but I also think that when the play stopped the ball had already come back to us outside the penalty area, so it should have been our ball.

vercol36
04-03-2023, 08:41 PM
He was a very angry man

Carheenlea
04-03-2023, 08:51 PM

The rule is that if the ball is in the penalty area when play is stopped, the ball goes to the defending goalkeeper. I agree that the rule is open to abuse, but I also think that when the play stopped the ball had already come back to us outside the penalty area, so it should have been our ball.

Falls right into the hands of the anti football protagonists.

Go down in own box with a “head knock” and effectively win your team a free kick.

Hibbyradge
04-03-2023, 08:56 PM

Exactly correct.

foxy
04-03-2023, 09:14 PM
The referee got the drop ball decision correct - it is the law that is open to abuse by defenders going down in the penalty area clutching their head

Law 8.2 (Dropped Ball)

The ball is dropped for the defending goalkeeper in their penalty area if, when play was stopped:

- the ball was in the penalty area or
- the last touch of the ball was in the penalty area

The referee blew his whistle before Cabreja touched it after it had been cleared out the penalty area.

Stonewall
04-03-2023, 09:26 PM
Would agree, but in fairness he did make contact with the ball first, then bounced off that onto the player. I think the pitch contributed as well as I think on grass CJ would have slid in cleaner and took the ball. Sliding tackles on that surface are not for the faint hearted as you usually get stuck. Johnson was sensible in replacing him soon after though!

I also thought he was off balance when he went into the challenge due to being fouled (3 times, maybe 4) by the Livi defender.

Helensburghhibs
04-03-2023, 10:05 PM

If we are concerned enough about a head injury to stop the game , the player should be given a 5 minute minimum assesmen5. During this time a sub may come on temporarily. Will stop this nonsense cheating that is going on as well as checking proper head knocks properly

gbhibby
04-03-2023, 10:23 PM
Thought the ref had a good game seemed to be willing to talk to players more so than other refs. Watched the Rangers highlights how was that not a penalty against Mcgregor. Oh Rangers have not had a penalty awarded against them.
Hopefully that will change on Wednesday.

HarpOnHibee
04-03-2023, 10:33 PM

It won't. We all know it won't.

MWHIBBIES
05-03-2023, 05:09 AM
The 4th goal was yet another decision that took waay too long to come to. Was watching on TV today and the first replay we saw it was clear as day the defender plays the ball so Nisbet is onside.

Instead we waited 2 mins for them to come to the decision!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Defender has to purposely play the ball. It can't just hit him I don't think. It was pretty obvious, though.

As it's a subjective ruling, the referee should've had a look himself imo

Onion
05-03-2023, 07:34 AM
Thought he had a good first half but then lost control for long spells. Should have booked the Livi player for slamming the ball into the ground when they were not given a throw in, then allowed Livi umpteen attempts to get Hibs players riled up and sent off. Only blessing was that he didn't rise to the bait.

Jones28
05-03-2023, 08:56 AM

Cheers. I dunno what the rules are anymore.

LewysGot2
05-03-2023, 09:32 AM
Thought the ref had a good game seemed to be willing to talk to players more so than other refs. Watched the Rangers highlights how was that not a penalty against Mcgregor. Oh Rangers have not had a penalty awarded against them.

He was pretty aggressive in body language like he was lecturing players. And, being childish, he had nae neck 🤣

Who's the ref for Wednesday? 😬

Ron D Hibbie
05-03-2023, 09:41 AM
He was pretty aggressive in body language like he was lecturing players. And, being childish, he had nae neck 🤣

Who's the ref for Wednesday? 😬

Don Robertson.

Hibbyradge
05-03-2023, 09:55 AM
Defender has to purposely play the ball. It can't just hit him I don't think. It was pretty obvious, though.

As it's a subjective ruling, the referee should've had a look himself imo

The defender definitely tried to play it, but couldn't control it.

O'Rourke3
05-03-2023, 06:58 PM
Don Robertson.Who pretty much takes his sash of after the warm up. I'm struggling to remember any game he's reffed for us where he's not all about playing advantage unless the advantage favours us. Its amazing how many games we get him or Beaton versus Der Hun.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

percy veer
06-03-2023, 07:50 AM
Falls right into the hands of the anti football protagonists.

Go down in own box with a “head knock” and effectively win your team a free kick.

St johnstone do it every free kick amd corner when they are in front

where'stheslope
06-03-2023, 10:18 AM
Referee was good = Hibs win.
Referee was bad = Hibs lose or draw.
Its a debate that has gone on for years, but the above abbreviates all discussions!!!

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2023, 10:55 AM
I thought he was good, was firm with the players and got most decisions right, much better than most. :aok:

Green Man
06-03-2023, 12:28 PM
There were some decisions in both directions that felt like they went the wrong way, but that happens in every game. I felt he got the major decisions correct.

JimBHibees
06-03-2023, 03:30 PM
St johnstone do it every free kick amd corner when they are in front

Ross county in the game they beat us at ER. Iacovetti must have been down about 5 times for head knocks none of which were genuine ref bought it every time