Hanlon
Cabraja

Newell
Jeggo
Campbell

Youan (right wing)
Nisbet
Hoppe (from left wing)

We need Newell IMO and I'd rather Egan Riley's defensive qualities ahead of Cadden. Also think we need to risk Nisbet as wouldn't want to start with Henderson on the right. Nisbet should be fine to play and we have Myko hopefully on the bench.

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-03-2023, 04:10 PM
My team would be

Marshall

Egan Riley
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja

Newell
Jeggo
Campbell

Youan (right wing)
Nisbet
Hoppe (from left wing)

We need Newell IMO and I'd rather Egan Riley's defensive qualities ahead of Cadden. Also think we need to risk Nisbet as wouldn't want to start with Henderson on the right. Nisbet should be fine to play and we have Myko hopefully on the bench.

It feels even riskier with Nisbet on that pitch.

The team I’d go with is:

Marshall

Cadden
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja

CJ
Jeggo

Youan
Newell
Campbell

Hoppe

I think we need a bit more steel and industry to win this game.

B.H.F.C
02-03-2023, 04:13 PM
As little change as necessary from the Killie game. We played well so wouldn’t be making changes for the sake of it.

Nisbet coming in for McGeady would be my only change although Hoppe has a good argument to start after scoring.

foxy
02-03-2023, 04:52 PM
Cabraja suspended?

He picked up his 6th booking against Kilmarnock 2 weeks ago.

Fergus52
02-03-2023, 05:31 PM
My team would be

Marshall

Egan Riley
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja

Newell
Jeggo
Campbell

Youan (right wing)
Nisbet
Hoppe (from left wing)

Don't really rate Henderson but thought he played well against Killie and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

I'd go with your team but Henderson in for hoppe and youan on the left.

CJ got stuck in well at centre mid but didn't seem very comfortable on the ball so I'd stick him back at right back as well.

I know he got the goal but I've not been impressed with hoppe so far, in paisley a few weeks ago he was getting rag dolled about by the st mirren team, think he needs a bit of time adjusting to the physicality of the league. Has he had much championship game time for Middlesbrough?

Libby Hibby
02-03-2023, 05:34 PM
Marshall

CJ
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Jeggo
Newell
Campbell

Cadden
Hoppe
Youan

Highwayman
02-03-2023, 06:02 PM
Marshall

Egan Riley,Fish,Hanlon,Stevenson

Cadden,Jeggo,Magennis,Campbell,Youan

Hoppe

CockneyRebel
02-03-2023, 06:07 PM
Marshall

Egan Riley,Fish,Hanlon,Stevenson

Cadden,Jeggo,McGuinnes,Campbell,Youan

Hoppe

Who dat?

pepe
02-03-2023, 06:50 PM

The team I’d go with is:

Marshall

Cadden
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja

CJ
Jeggo

Youan
Newell
Campbell

Hoppe

I think this could be the one to go with.

Brightside
02-03-2023, 07:36 PM
I expect 4231 as it looks like the best mix for us.

Marsh

CJ. Fish Hanlon. Stevenson

Newell Jeggo

Cadden. Campbell. Youan

Niz

S4uzee
02-03-2023, 07:45 PM
From the minutes silence pic on Twitter, newell has trainers on which would suggest he’s not trained

Highwayman
02-03-2023, 07:57 PM
From the minutes silence pic on Twitter, newell has trainers on which would suggest he’s not trained

That’s why in my #post no.8 I’ve included Magennis instead of Newell.

Tambo
02-03-2023, 11:04 PM
Was hoping Newell was back in contention for the weekend.

I think the line up will be the same as Kilmarnock but with Lewis in for Cabraja and Youan on the left with Hoppe or Nisbet up top.

Unseen work
03-03-2023, 12:03 AM
Surprised McKirdy has his boots on in the photos on Twitter

Nisbet and Myko back is massive for us, hopefully JDH and Magennis to contribute too.

It’s a tricky one this week picking our team when you consider how well we’ve done recently, who is back fit, who we are playing and the pitch.

Henderson was really good in the last game imo (that’s coming as a critic of his too) and deserves to start imo.

Nisbet if fit has to start, Myko is a very good option against them too but I imagine he’ll need reintroduced from the bench.

Hoppe scored too and should have had a second.

………………….Marshall………..

Cadden…..Fish……Hanlon…..Cabraja (Stevenson if he is suspended)

………………Egan-Riley…..Jeggo….

Henderson………Campbell…….Youan…..

……………………….Nisbet………

Team is based on Newell being out.

JamesHFC
03-03-2023, 12:25 AM
Good to see Mykola is back. I’d bring Magennis & Nisbet in for McGeady & Henderson from the last game.

Donegal Hibby
03-03-2023, 12:36 AM
............................ Marshall.........................................
..........cadden .. Fish... Hanlon... Stevenson ...........
........................... CJ ... Jeggo...................................
..... Henderson... Campbell........ Youan....................
.............................. Nisbet...........................................

JammyDoidger
03-03-2023, 05:20 AM
Marshall

Egan Riley
Fish
Hanlon
Either left back

Jeggo
Newell

Hoppe
Campbell
Youan

Nisbet

If Newell is out play Magennis.

McGruber
03-03-2023, 06:12 AM

The team I’d go with is:

Marshall

Cadden
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja

CJ
Jeggo

Youan
Newell
Campbell

Hoppe

I agree about Nisbet, not the pitch to come back on after a hamstring injury - besides, Hoppe scored and got MOM last time out (MOM was curious choice but played well) and Youan has been scoring. Would have both Nisbet and Myko on the bench.

Quite like that team, might consider Stevenson over Cabraja or Magennis might be in contention dropping Cadden and moving CJ back to full back - though not sure on either as he was effective with Jeggo in midfield last time out.

JimBHibees
03-03-2023, 06:22 AM

Or trained and changed his footwear :greengrin

JimBHibees
03-03-2023, 06:24 AM
Same team as Killie with Nisbet or Hoppe for McGeady. Would keep Henderson in. Doesn't deserve to be dropped. No reason to change starting midfield either.

Alex Trager
03-03-2023, 02:59 PM
KM out tomorrow following another injection, not great

B.H.F.C
03-03-2023, 03:03 PM

Do you mean Newell? Was just reading about him getting an injection but nothing about Magennis.

Alex Trager
03-03-2023, 03:10 PM
Do you mean Newell? Was just reading about him getting an injection but nothing about Magennis.

LJ mentioned it in his presser

B.H.F.C
03-03-2023, 03:15 PM
LJ mentioned it in his presser

Just watched his Hibs TV interview and it was only Newell and Doyle-Hayes he mentioned. Nothing about Magennis.

The Sundance Kid
03-03-2023, 03:22 PM
Just watched his Hibs TV interview and it was only Newell and Doyle-Hayes he mentioned. Nothing about Magennis.

It's in the press conference posted on Hibs TV rather than the interview where it's mentioned. A journalist asks if Magennis is still out and Johnson replies that 'Yeah, Magennis is out. He's had an injection and we'll see how that settles down'.

So Magennis, Doyle Hayes and Newell all missing from the midfield tomorrow, with McGeady joining Boyle and McKirdy in being missing from the forward areas. Plus Johnson mentioned in the press conference that we have a couple of other knocks who are touch and go so could be quite the bare bones squad tomorrow

JammyDoidger
03-03-2023, 04:27 PM
It's in the press conference posted on Hibs TV rather than the interview where it's mentioned. A journalist asks if Magennis is still out and Johnson replies that 'Yeah, Magennis is out. He's had an injection and we'll see how that settles down'.

So Magennis, Doyle Hayes and Newell all missing from the midfield tomorrow, with McGeady joining Boyle and McKirdy in being missing from the forward areas. Plus Johnson mentioned in the press conference that we have a couple of other knocks who are touch and go so could be quite the bare bones squad tomorrow

I only heard Newell and JDH have had injections, will both miss the game. No mention of magennis so assume he's ok.

B.H.F.C
03-03-2023, 04:29 PM
Think you're hearing things mate, Newell and JDH have had injections, will both miss the game. No mention of magennis so assume he's ok.

Just read a quote from Johnson in the written press that Magennis is out as well as the other two.

03-03-2023, 05:11 PM
Same team as Killie with Nisbet or Hoppe for McGeady. Would keep Henderson in. Doesn't deserve to be dropped. No reason to change starting midfield either.

Would be happy to see that. Nisbet to start, with Youan on the left.

JohnM1875
03-03-2023, 05:26 PM
Looks like McKirdy is back in training as well going by the minutes silent pics on Instagram.

Billy Whizz
03-03-2023, 05:47 PM
Just read a quote from Johnson in the written press that Magennis is out as well as the other two.

And a few others have picked up knocks in training last couple of days
No names

Donegal Hibby
03-03-2023, 06:32 PM
And a few others have picked up knocks in training last couple of days
No names
So that's Newell ,JDH and Magennis out plus a couple with knocks that are doubtful then ?

JamesHFC
03-03-2023, 06:33 PM
So that's Newell ,JDH and Magennis out plus a couple with knocks that are doubtful then ?

Same team as the last game with Nisbet probably in for McGeady then.

JammyDoidger
03-03-2023, 08:15 PM

If true about magennis then what a joke, absolute waste, wonder if he's like mcgeough, could probably play through it but is mentally too weak.

Hibees1973
03-03-2023, 08:54 PM
This weekly resume on injuries each week from Johnson is deflating.

It does astonish me the amount of injuries a football squad can have nowadays. Know we are not unique in this. After the Kilmarnock game I was optimistic we would have 2 or 3 first team players back from injury and in the starting 11 to help us to remain in the top 6. This now doesn't seem to be the case.

I may be wrong but when I followed Hibs home and away every week back in the 80's (I tend not to go every week these days) we had a squad of around 15-16 players. Most weeks you could comfortably predict 9 or 10 of the starting 11.

Maybe I'm a bit of a dinosaur but are players of today a lot less tough and robust compared to those even a few decades ago.

04Sauzee
03-03-2023, 09:01 PM

It does astonish me the amount of injuries a football squad can have nowadays. Know we are not unique in this. After the Kilmarnock game I was optimistic we would have 2 or 3 first team players back from injury and in the starting 11 to help us to remain in the top 6. This now doesn't seem to be the case.

I may be wrong but when I followed Hibs home and away every week back in the 80's (I tend not to go every week these days) we had a squad of around 15-16 players. Most weeks you could comfortably predict 9 or 10 of the starting 11.

Maybe I'm a bit of a dinosaur but are players of today a lot less tough and robust compared to those even a few decades ago.
Wondered this a few times myself, the other thing is though we only had a match day squad of 13 back in those days , only 2 subs with no GK on the bench, plus not sure if they even had pre-match press conferences to give the fans news on players who were injures etc.

03-03-2023, 09:14 PM

We got a bit of a clue from LJ today why that might be. High intensity training, which obviously increases the chances of players being unavailable due to a training injury. These days players need to be athletes so if you are comparing against the 80s, those guys might not have got injured as much but they'd struggle to keep up with the modern day player due to the far superior level of fitness.

JammyDoidger
04-03-2023, 05:48 AM

Players mentality plays a massive part for me, have they got the desire to play through a wee bit discomfort? There's players that would and players that take sicky's at the slightest wee thing same as in any job really, the Magennis one is fristrating me, so god only knows how Johnson feels, he keeps this up for the rest of his deal he will find himself in the lower leagues no one is going to pay him any type of decent wage for what he gives back. Lennon came out with a comment I'm sure about mcgeough if I remember right saying basically a lot of the problem was in Dylan's head.

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2023, 07:52 AM
Today’s match rerun BBC Alba 6 pm tonight

Bridge hibs
04-03-2023, 08:18 AM
Today’s match rerun BBC Alba 6 pm tonight
Nice one 👍

JimBHibees
04-03-2023, 08:27 AM

Wonder what he would be getting an injection for

JimBHibees
04-03-2023, 08:31 AM
Would be happy to see that. Nisbet to start, with Youan on the left.

Youan has absolutely destroyed Devlin the last two games against them would definitely be playing him there today

Hibby Kay-Yay
04-03-2023, 11:04 AM

But it’s the strawberry flavour calpol so at least he doesn’t mind taking it.

scoopyboy
04-03-2023, 11:08 AM
Players mentality plays a massive part for me, have they got the desire to play through a wee bit discomfort? There's players that would and players that take sicky's at the slightest wee thing same as in any job really, the Magennis one is fristrating me, so god only knows how Johnson feels, he keeps this up for the rest of his deal he will find himself in the lower leagues no one is going to pay him any type of decent wage for what he gives back. Lennon came out with a comment I'm sure about mcgeough if I remember right saying basically a lot of the problem was in Dylan's head.

Lennon did say that about McGeouch.

I don't know if Magennis has a mental block or is just unlucky, I do believe he is good enough though.

hibee-boys
04-03-2023, 11:49 AM
Lennon did say that about McGeouch.

I don't know if Magennis has a mental block or is just unlucky, I do believe he is good enough though.

I wonder if Magennis would have have missed as many games if he hadn’t had a 5 year contract to fall back on🤔 I seem to remember Dylan finding fitness towards the end of his Hibs contract.

Gordy M
04-03-2023, 12:01 PM

How many players in the 80s had careers well into their 30s like nowadays. Players wont play through injuries as it can shorten your career and obviously earnings. Its not worth the risk.

Tambo
04-03-2023, 12:52 PM
Nice to see Myko back in the match squad. Nisbet also on the bench.

HH81
04-03-2023, 12:53 PM
Nice to see Myko back in the match squad. Nisbet also on the bench.

Good idea not to start either on that pitch.

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2023, 12:56 PM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1631986345160900609?s=46&t=-WLp_Dlz0ikIP1rStFdqBg

tamig
04-03-2023, 12:59 PM

Absolute drivel. What qualifies you to come up with such nonsense? 😂

supermcginn
04-03-2023, 01:02 PM
If true about magennis then what a joke, absolute waste, wonder if he's like mcgeough, could probably play through it but is mentally too weak.

Mcgeouch was like an ever present compared to Magennis. A very costly signing who is made of glass, hopefully we can get rid in the summer.

Smartie
04-03-2023, 01:02 PM
Quite a lot of talk of "injections".

Sounds a bit odd. I'd have thought an injection would allow you to play through discomfort, if you weren't 100% fit.

Could the flip side of this sort of thing not be that you're not giving injuries time to heal fully, rushing players back and thus leaving them in a state of being permanently slightly injured rather than fully fit?

A practice that will certainly have it's place but one that should surely be used sparingly?