PDA

View Full Version : Sevco888 cretins

h1bs4life
26-02-2023, 02:47 PM
Up to our knees in fenian blood 30 seconds into a 1 minute tribute for a 68 year old man who passed away and has in the past spoke positively about your club shows the cretins they are .
1st home game since Ron’s passing . Sunshine On Leith should be playing before the game with volume up loud extra loud in the Dunbar end.
No chance of a minute’s silence before the game , minutes applause it will need to be.
When think you can’t despise a club anymore they always find a way to make that happen
The tribute act are as bad as the originals

silverhibee
26-02-2023, 02:53 PM
Up to our knees in fenian blood 30 seconds into a 1 minute tribute for a 68 year old man who passed away and has in the past spoke positively about your club shows the cretins they are .
1st home game since Ron’s passing . Sunshine On Leith should be playing before the game with volume up loud extra loud in the Dunbar end.
No chance of a minute’s silence before the game , minutes applause it will need to be.
When think you can’t despise a club anymore they always find a way to make that happen
The tribute act are as bad as the originals

I think we will go for a minute silence.

Greencore
26-02-2023, 03:41 PM
Different when they cry over Fernando and Walter and expect everyone to respect their people. Imagine the papers and media if WE had acted like that during their silences for Fernando and Walter.

Leith Green
26-02-2023, 03:42 PM
The club should be commenting on this. Only person I remember who actually had the balls to call them out was Steve Clarke..

Leith Green
26-02-2023, 03:45 PM
At least Tam Mcmanus has a set off balls , and an ounce of decency

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10281562/rangers-fans-blasted-hibs-chanting-ron-gordon-applause-celtic/amp/

Keith_M
26-02-2023, 03:48 PM
My preference would be for the club to arrange a press conference and highlight how disappointed they are and that... because of the way they behaved today... it would be inappropriate to give them ANY tickets for the next game at Easter Road.

We should sell tickets for the South Stand to Hibs Fans only and encourage as many as possible to attend.

If the club wants to also arrange a fund to make up for any missing income due to unsold tickets, then I pledge here and now to donate £500 towards it.

LewysGot2
26-02-2023, 03:52 PM
The tickets will already be sold and distributed.

weecounty hibby
26-02-2023, 03:53 PM

Cancel them. Give them a refund and tell them to **** off. Absolute **** of the earth.

JimBHibees
26-02-2023, 03:55 PM
At least Tam Mcmanus has a set off balls , and an ounce of decency

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10281562/rangers-fans-blasted-hibs-chanting-ron-gordon-applause-celtic/amp/

Well said Tam :not worth

Leith Green
26-02-2023, 03:57 PM

Surely we have to do something?

Keith_M
26-02-2023, 04:00 PM
Cancel them. Give them a refund and tell them to **** off. Absolute **** of the earth.

:agree:

LewysGot2
26-02-2023, 04:00 PM

I'm not saying we should do nothing but this would have been more realistic if the timings were different.

Greencore
26-02-2023, 04:02 PM
Just ban them or limit their ticket allocation and put them in south upper

weecounty hibby
26-02-2023, 04:02 PM
If Hibs are worried about losing money. I'd buy another ticket over and above my ST if we told them to piss off. I 100% would support any measures that Hibs as a club would take as punishment t to those low life maggots

Spike Mandela
26-02-2023, 04:03 PM
Entirely predictable.

JJP
26-02-2023, 04:05 PM
Glad to hear they got humbled again after that. Rotten club.

SaulGoodman
26-02-2023, 04:10 PM
Get the club to publicly apologise or restrict their numbers. Easy.

Johnny Clash
26-02-2023, 04:10 PM
It wasn’t just a handful of currant buns singing about fenian blood is was the majority of those in the losers’ end. So awful that even the Celtc support loudly booed them. Tensions will be running very high next week!

kentao
26-02-2023, 04:22 PM
We should play some sectarian pish over the speakers before the game to cause a massive outcry from the hun hordes, Maybe then the SFA will actually stand up and do something. If its alright for 1 team it should be fair game for the rest of the teams in the league.

Gmack7
26-02-2023, 04:28 PM
We should insist on a minutes silence (as it should be) and let these fu$$wits embarass themselves again

SiinDubai
26-02-2023, 04:32 PM
We should play some sectarian pish over the speakers before the game to cause a massive outcry from the hun hordes, Maybe then the SFA will actually stand up and do something. If its alright for 1 team it should be fair game for the rest of the teams in the league.

Let’s not embarrass ourselves by stooping to their level.
Reduce tickets, ban them, publicly call them out but let’s not go down the route of sectarianism.
It’s scotlands shame

The Spaceman
26-02-2023, 04:34 PM
Just ban them. We don’t need them. We don’t want them. They’ve shown us the very greatest disrespect possible and must pay.

We can’t have Hibs fans’ moment of remembrance for Ronald Gordon ruined - it’s worth infinitely more than any volume of away ticket sales.

Joe6-2
26-02-2023, 04:37 PM
Different when they cry over Fernando and Walter and expect everyone to respect their people. Imagine the papers and media if WE had acted like that during their silences for Fernando and Walter.

There’s the rub, thank the Lord we, and other civilised fans, don’t act like them.

CentreForward
26-02-2023, 04:39 PM
I remember reading on another thread, one of the thread’s about Ron, here someone saying that basically 99% of football fans were decent and even with the OF that’s about 90%. Couldn’t help thinking when I read it that with the OF it’s more like 9% at best.

Scotty Leither
26-02-2023, 04:39 PM
I yearn for the day when Hibs get to around 15/16k season tickets and demand for games against them and their holier-than-thou mates from Parkhead is such that we can limit them to 500 tickets.

Shunt them into the top left hand corner of the South stand as far away as possible from the pitch, much like they do to us.

We’re no angels as a collective sometimes, but they really do find new lows to plumb.

Despicable *******s.

Johnny Clash
26-02-2023, 04:47 PM
Given a group of Onion Bears tried to get a fight going prior to kick off then descended into bear on bear violence after the game - the obvious security risk next week could easily merit an outright ban. Need to get tough with them if you are ever going to stamp out bigotry.

kentao
26-02-2023, 05:19 PM
Let’s not embarrass ourselves by stooping to their level.
Reduce tickets, ban them, publicly call them out but let’s not go down the route of sectarianism.
It’s scotlands shame

I agree with you but unfortunately we have tried reducing their tickets in the past and have called them out and nothing has been done. Make it obvious what we are doing and force the SFA into doing something.

HibbyStardust50
26-02-2023, 05:24 PM
Any mention on our major ‘impartial’ network news providers (like the BBC) of this situation?....seems that one person racially abuses another that it’s jumped on (quite rightly)....but in scottish culture...particularly west...it’s ok for whole stadiums of people to abuse people in terms of religion...or even assumed religion by association.....it’s wrong..I’ve complained about it for years..I’m sick of both sides of the old firm..it gets brushed under the carpet...we should stand up....no tickets and say to the whole country why.

Glory Lurker
26-02-2023, 05:29 PM
I think we will go for a minute silence.

We definitely should.

Bishop Hibee
26-02-2023, 05:29 PM
It’s disgusting. Tin hat on but I was surprised there was to be a minutes silence at the final. Fine for Easter Road which the Huns will desecrate no doubt too.

h1bs4life
26-02-2023, 05:36 PM
We certainly should not lower ourselves to there level but the next home game will be our chance to pay tribute to our owner .
The club should come out with some sort of statement along the lines of ‘ the sectarian singing during the minutes applause for our owner at last Sunday’s League Cup Final has caused outrage among our supporters and for safety reasons we have now cancelled all away fans tickets there will be no Rangers supporters allowed to attend this fixture’
Take the financial hit this would cause and allow our supporters to pay tribute to Ron.
Going forward as a season ticket holder I am more than happy to buy a full price ticket every time we play them , it would take 3700 out of all our seasons ticket holders to do this just for 2 games to cleanse Easter Road

h1bs4life
26-02-2023, 05:40 PM
It wasn’t a minute’s silence it was a minutes applause and the ****bags couldn’t even contain themselves.
I originally mentioned we would probably have to have a minutes applause but as other have said we shouldn’t have to change it should be a minutes silence hopefully with none of there pond life in attendance.

Malthibby
26-02-2023, 05:41 PM
We certainly should not lower ourselves to there level but the next home game will be our chance to pay tribute to our owner .
The club should come out with some sort of statement along the lines of ‘ the sectarian singing during the minutes applause for our owner at last Sunday’s League Cup Final has caused outrage among our supporters and for safety reasons we have now cancelled all away fans tickets there will be no Rangers supporters allowed to attend this fixture’
Take the financial hit this would cause and allow our supporters to pay tribute to Ron.
Going forward as a season ticket holder I am more than happy to buy a full price ticket every time we play them , it would take 3700 out of all our seasons ticket holders to do this just for 2 games to cleanse Easter Road

Would be happy to contribute.....

BegbieHSC
26-02-2023, 05:45 PM
Video here:

https://twitter.com/jasonmcateer7/status/1629876358359678979?s=46&t=7x4aN4EaX2CAtIZhFmnqxA

Absolute ****. Genuinely quite upsetting how loud they are 40 secs in, as the cameras zoom in on Ron’s picture. If we’re planning a tribute, Huns cannot be trusted. Ban them.

Glory Lurker
26-02-2023, 05:47 PM
A minute's silence would be respected by every club in the world, apart from one.

hibbydog
26-02-2023, 05:53 PM
Video here:

https://twitter.com/jasonmcateer7/status/1629876358359678979?s=46&t=7x4aN4EaX2CAtIZhFmnqxA

Absolute ****. Genuinely quite upsetting how loud they are 40 secs in, as the cameras zoom in on Ron’s picture. If we’re planning a tribute, Huns cannot be trusted. Ban them.

Cretins, Parasites , Low lifes…

They are 100% Scotlands shame. And totally Beneath contempt

Torto7
26-02-2023, 06:15 PM
Weirdos. No club has a bigger bunch of oddballs worldwide, a bunch of sad people with zero class.

CentreLine
26-02-2023, 06:17 PM
Thanks to Ron Gordon we have the ability to deal with the cretinous chants. Our PA system is now well able to drown them out any time they pipe up. I realise there are probably rules about when clubs can use the PA but surely this would be a good reason

ErinGoBraghHFC
26-02-2023, 06:23 PM
Thanks to Ron Gordon we have the ability to deal with the cretinous chants. Our PA system is now well able to drown them out any time they pipe up. I realise there are probably rules about when clubs can use the PA but surely this would be a good reason

Petition to blast Amhrann Na Bhfiann every time they pipe up. Gypsies tramps and thieves for when ra shellick pipe up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greencore
26-02-2023, 06:32 PM
Different subject, but when and why did the sectarianism from their end start? Think I heard something about how they were club the size of albion rovers and people tried to start this behaviour at Queens park and they got told to bolt and moved onto rangers.

ErinGoBraghHFC
26-02-2023, 06:36 PM
Different subject, but when and why did the sectarianism from their end start? Think I heard something about how they were club the size of albion rovers and people tried to start this behaviour at Queens park and they got told to bolt and moved onto rangers.

No idea but what I often wonder is how (a lot of) the good people of Ulster decided they wanted to support Celtic rather than Hibs or Dundee Hibernian, and Rangers rather than Queens Park or literally anyone else. Assuming in Celtics case something to do with having the same name as Belfast Celtic?

Greencore
26-02-2023, 06:44 PM
No idea but what I often wonder is how (a lot of) the good people of Ulster decided they wanted to support Celtic rather than Hibs or Dundee Hibernian, and Rangers rather than Queens Park or literally anyone else. Assuming in Celtics case something to do with having the same name as Belfast Celtic?

Well celtic were successful as soon as they offered contracts to our players at the time. Also glasgow is closer to Ireland then edinburgh and most likely had a bigger Irish population. Could say the same about us and hearts. Because we were set up for the Irish at the time. Like celtic however they were set up as a business, but hibs were more of a charity. Fun fact the celtic board split because they didn't like the business model and one set up glasgow hibernian that played in green and ....MAROON

He's here!
26-02-2023, 06:52 PM
A minute's silence would be respected by every club in the world, apart from one.

I very much doubt that's true I'm afraid. Maybe more accurate to say any other sport in the world than football would show respect. For one I can remember Hearts fans disrupting a minute's silence for the Pope in a Hampden game against Celtic.

Sadly the potential for disruption should be assessed before going ahead with these tributes.

ErinGoBraghHFC
26-02-2023, 06:54 PM
Well celtic were successful as soon as they offered contracts to our players at the time. Also glasgow is closer to Ireland then edinburgh and most likely had a bigger Irish population. Could say the same about us and hearts. Because we were set up for the Irish at the time. Like celtic however they were set up as a business, but hibs were more of a charity. Fun fact the celtic board split because they didn't like the business model and one set up glasgow hibernian that played in green and ....MAROON

I didn’t know that about Glasgow Hibernian, very interesting (and boke inducing [emoji16]). I get the success thing and the bigger Irish population, but with hibs having been a relatively successful “Irish” club 14 years before Celtic were established, you’d think there’d have been a decent level of support predating them? Who knows, there might have been and it’s just been abandoned by younger generations in favour of the more successful Celtic.

ErinGoBraghHFC
26-02-2023, 06:55 PM
I very much doubt that's true I'm afraid. Maybe more accurate to say any other sport in the world than football would show respect. For one I can remember Hearts fans disrupting a minute's silence for the Pope in a Hampden game against Celtic.

Sadly the potential for disruption should be assessed before going ahead with these tributes.

Very true, although that’s closer to the queen debacle than it is to todays events.

Greencore
26-02-2023, 06:58 PM
I didn’t know that about Glasgow Hibernian, very interesting (and boke inducing [emoji16]). I get the success thing and the bigger Irish population, but with hibs having been a relatively successful “Irish” club 14 years before Celtic were established, you’d think there’d have been a decent level of support predating them? Who knows, there might have been and it’s just been abandoned by younger generations in favour of the more successful Celtic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Hibernian_F.C.

Glory Lurker
26-02-2023, 06:59 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Not a chance Hearts would break a silence for Ron.

Ringothedog
26-02-2023, 07:07 PM

Hibs had a very big support in the West until the 1920’s. In some games at Parkhead we would have 40% of the crowd. I got to know a Celtic supporter from Glasgow quite well at a place I used to work back in the 90’s. His Grandfather and Dad were both Hibs supporters.

Celtic were always going to be huge when there were 200k Irish in the West compared to about 25k in the East. That was why they were set up as a business.

You can wind them up by saying that their club was founded by Hibs supporters with huge help from Hibernian FC who they then shafted.

dp00
26-02-2023, 07:08 PM
There is not a club I hate more than them. Everything they stand for infuriates me

Give them 500 tickets , stick them in top corner of south stand and drown them out with the PA

He's here!
26-02-2023, 07:08 PM
Very true, although that’s closer to the queen debacle than it is to todays events.

Pretty sure Man City fans disrupted a Hillsborough tribute fairly recently - and I definitely remember some issues around a tribute to the Munich Air disaster victims. Football simply attracts a large share of the world's morons.

green&left
26-02-2023, 07:09 PM

Why?

The club sat back and did **** all when Lennon and Stubbs were at the end of the abuse. That won't change now, they ain't got the bottle.

3547 tickets have been allocated and sold to the huns (with 15,000 applicants). Not a chance of anything other than a full away end of them for now and the foreseeable.

Iain G
26-02-2023, 07:36 PM
There is not a club I hate more than them. Everything they stand for infuriates me

Give them 500 tickets , stick them in top corner of south stand and drown them out with the PA

That's 500 too many. They should not be accepted or tolerated in a modern Scotland.

CraigHibee
26-02-2023, 07:41 PM
I was quite surprised initially when they were clapping and for once I thought the orcs did have some decency about them.

How wrong I was, good that there were other fans booing them but sevco living up to their "usual" standards, ****

Not In The Know
26-02-2023, 07:41 PM
Video here:

https://twitter.com/jasonmcateer7/status/1629876358359678979?s=46&t=a (https://twitter.com/jasonmcateer7/status/1629876358359678979?s=46&t=7x4aN4EaX2CAtIZhFmnqxA)nd head

Ffs. I read about this and (I don’t know why) thought I’d give it all the benefit of the doubt. But ffs that’s not a minority. Genuinely mind boggling how that is just brushed under the carpet in this country. That song is basically banned and they sing it during a minute’s applause.

Where do we go from here as a civilised country!

Leith Green
26-02-2023, 07:43 PM
Why?

The club sat back and did **** all when Lennon and Stubbs were at the end of the abuse. That won't change now, they ain't got the bottle.

3547 tickets have been allocated and sold to the huns (with 15,000 applicants). Not a chance of anything other than a full away end of them for now and the foreseeable.

Theres a bit of a difference comparing those situations, talking about not respecting the passing of our chairman against sectarian abuse , but i take your point and agree completely that the club have been spineless in the past when it comes to calling that lot out and taking them to task.

Where it might differ , and possibly see something from Hibs would be how pissed off and upset/disgusted they will be on the back of this. A lot of the Hibs hierarchy will have been close to Ron , and im sure they will be ****ing furious

Carheenlea
26-02-2023, 08:05 PM
We keep hearing that certain songs are “banned” in Scotland. “The Billy Boys” is supposedly one of those.

If they are indeed banned, then by that token there should be notice of what action or sanctions would be taken against any clubs who fell foul.

Is that information out there?

They can say a song is banned, but if there are no consequences for breaking those rules then the song isn’t really banned.

Aldo
26-02-2023, 08:23 PM
Why are we surprised at this. Let’s not kid ourselves on here. Can you imagine the amount of statements made by them if this had been one of their representatives and opposing fans sang!

Disgusting fan base

Helensburghhibs
26-02-2023, 08:34 PM
We keep hearing that certain songs are “banned” in Scotland. “The Billy Boys” is supposedly one of those.

If they are indeed banned, then by that token there should be notice of what action or sanctions would be taken against any clubs who fell foul.

Is that information out there?

They can say a song is banned, but if there are no consequences for breaking those rules then the song isn’t really banned.

I suppose the question is what can they do ?

McSwanky
26-02-2023, 08:38 PM
I suppose the question is what can they do ?Fine the club, fine them again, then dock them points. If there's a clear process and the team suffers when the fans misbehave then there shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately with those two, it will just end up in song whataboutery as they are incapable of having a grown up conversation.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Scorrie
26-02-2023, 08:40 PM
Just read the Guardian report of the Old Firm final. Called out the Rangers fans for singing sectarian songs during the Ron Gordon tribute and “as ever, Scottish football’s executives stood with metaphoric fingers in ears”. Anything in Scottish media? 🤔

Carheenlea
26-02-2023, 08:46 PM
I suppose the question is what can they do ?

If the answer is nothing, then the singing of sectarian songs is not actually banned.

The same as pyros really. Keep getting told they were outlawed within stadiums - now they’re tolerated. Hibs even actively encouraged it by asking a group of “ultras” along to training session with pyrotechnics in tow.

Just like sectarianism, pyros are very much part of the game and match day experience in grounds up and down the country.

You’ll here the occasional empty vessel of a soundbite from a stuffed blazer, but the message is really just keep your head down and carry on thanks very much.

JimBHibees
27-02-2023, 06:00 AM
Fine the club, fine them again, then dock them points. If there's a clear process and the team suffers when the fans misbehave then there shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately with those two, it will just end up in song whataboutery as they are incapable of having a grown up conversation.

Unfortunately all clubs voted that no club would be held strictly liable for the behaviour of their fans so no punishment. So no responsibility no accountability no punishment and we wonder why fans behaviour is progressively getting worse. Pathetic it is allowed to happen with nothing said.

number9dream
27-02-2023, 08:16 AM
We should insist on a minutes silence (as it should be) and let these fu$$wits embarass themselves again

Absolutely. And save the condemnation for any stupid interruptions from the away end until the tribute is over.
Celtic fans were making a huge racket too, booing, shushing etc. All hugely undignified.

Carheenlea
27-02-2023, 08:37 AM
Unfortunately all clubs voted that no club would be held strictly liable for the behaviour of their fans so no punishment. So no responsibility no accountability no punishment and we wonder why fans behaviour is progressively getting worse. Pathetic it is allowed to happen with nothing said.

I’ve argued that without consequence or sanction, sectarian chanting is permitted in Scottish football grounds.

Probably why the media is ignoring this incident as there isn’t really a case to answer.

hibsbollah
27-02-2023, 09:43 AM
I’ve argued that without consequence or sanction, sectarian chanting is permitted in Scottish football grounds.

Probably why the media is ignoring this incident as there isn’t really a case to answer.

Permitted =condoned. May as well be ‘encouraged’ really.

Diclonius
27-02-2023, 10:01 AM

Yup, same tactic as penalties against Rangers on VAR. If it's clearly not in their favour to engage in scrutiny, just avoid it entirely.

flash
27-02-2023, 10:02 AM

Not sure how unfortunate lack of strict liability is considering the amount of missiles launched by our supporters in recent years.

JimBHibees
27-02-2023, 12:36 PM
Not sure how unfortunate lack of strict liability is considering the amount of missiles launched by our supporters in recent years.

Agree we would have been punished however that would have likely led to club taking action.

green&left
27-02-2023, 01:33 PM

Did we have strict liability to stop monkey noises and banana's thrown on the pitch?

Did Falkirk need strict liability to issue a statement and apology for the homophobic chanting in the summer against us?

Have Celtic needed strict liability to close down the Green Brigades section when they crossed the line?

The lack of strict liability is a bit of a cop-out IMO - "whit kin we dae". I'd say the far bigger problem is how deep-rooted and wide-spread anti-Irish and anti-Catholic parts of Scotland are (and I'm not meaning geography), and its quite convenient for those that matter to just blame 20,000 pished fitba fans on a Sunday afternoon, while of course giving it the "the other side did naughty things too" without actually dealing with the problem. Can only guess thats why certain Rangers ditties don't get the same condemnation as other discriminatory songs, ie the "Furuhashi ate my dog" stuff that was plastered all over the press and resulted in banning orders for the individuals and the entire supporters club (no prizes for what fans were involved in that incident too...).

He's here!
27-02-2023, 01:58 PM

Why sour another tribute? We should simply announce that there will be no tribute at that particular fixture because of concerns that the away support will be unable to respect it. We should just wait until we have a home fixture where we don't have to contend with this nonsense and theme the whole afternoon around being a celebration of Ron's life.

It's a sorry state of affairs where even a minute's applause (a concept introduced partly to get round the fact there are too many moronic football fans who can't spare a minute of their time in silence to respect somebody whose time is gone) can't pass off without problems.

mcohibs
27-02-2023, 02:27 PM
Hard to describe the hatred I have for that club. It’s considerably more than Hearts, I honestly can’t justify it being less. An absolute stain on our society.

A Hi-Bee
27-02-2023, 02:34 PM
Less said about them the better they are no gonna change, Scotlands shame for sure, it's like something out of the dark ages, cretins.

The Modfather
27-02-2023, 03:21 PM

Strict liability is for the greater good and the only way some of the societal issues Scottish football turns a blind eye to will start to be addressed. Sectarianism, coked up neds at the bigger games etc. if Hibs fans do something wrong we should be punished and make steps to sort our problem. Same should go for all clubs.

JimBHibees
27-02-2023, 03:44 PM
Strict liability is for the greater good and the only way some of the societal issues Scottish football turns a blind eye to will start to be addressed. Sectarianism, coked up neds at the bigger games etc. if Hibs fans do something wrong we should be punished and make steps to sort our problem. Same should go for all clubs.

Totally agree

Leith Green
27-02-2023, 03:52 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/celtic-rangers-reaction-sectarian-marring-of-ron-gordon-tribute-racist-slurs-in-dear-seats-defence-of-michael-beales-quick-exit-4042407

In the scotsman at least

JimBHibees
27-02-2023, 04:16 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/celtic-rangers-reaction-sectarian-marring-of-ron-gordon-tribute-racist-slurs-in-dear-seats-defence-of-michael-beales-quick-exit-4042407

In the scotsman at least

That is a brilliant article well done Andrew Smith for having the backbone to call out the indefensible.

27-02-2023, 04:57 PM
That is a brilliant article well done Andrew Smith for having the backbone to call out the indefensible.

He will no doubt be getting vilified by them on Twitter for it and thereby be proving his point.

JimBHibees
27-02-2023, 05:05 PM
He will no doubt be getting vilified by them on Twitter for it and thereby be proving his point.

Hope he has an alternative career as may need it. Joking aside absolutely the correct thing to do

Fuzzywuzzy
27-02-2023, 05:15 PM
Is that not what happened to haggerty at the herald? Sure speirs followed quickly out the door when trying to defend her? Might be misremembered

ErinGoBraghHFC
27-02-2023, 05:20 PM

Helensburghhibs
27-02-2023, 05:25 PM
Fine the club, fine them again, then dock them points. If there's a clear process and the team suffers when the fans misbehave then there shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately with those two, it will just end up in song whataboutery as they are incapable of having a grown up conversation.

The clubs can't be punished as far as I'm aware because we (as a whole) voted against strict liability. I personally think it should be dealt with as a criminal matter rather than a football one. Call me a cynic but strict liability would just result in teams getting punished for Niff naff outside the OF and nothing happening to them

Greencore
27-02-2023, 05:35 PM
In other news

👀👀👀

https://twitter.com/FollowMeltdowns/status/1630121551650537473?t=IwjxNMW3cZ2klqNzdcbNkg&s=19

27-02-2023, 05:40 PM
In other news

👀👀👀

https://twitter.com/FollowMeltdowns/status/1630121551650537473?t=IwjxNMW3cZ2klqNzdcbNkg&s=19

Karma's a bitch. 😀

Eyrie
27-02-2023, 06:58 PM

Smith calls out the supporters of both Ugly Sisters and has done so for a while.

Carheenlea
27-02-2023, 07:36 PM
This isn’t the first time Andrew Smith has called out and condemned sectarianism, and despite his background as a former writer for The Celtic View, that condemnation has been directed at both Old Firm clubs over the years.

Celtic and Rangers need more fans like Andrew Smith and Graham Spiers within their ranks. The fact both are vilified by fans of the clubs they grew up supporting simply because they call out sectarianism and bigotry is quite illuminating, and tells you all you need to know about the culture of the Old Firm.

There is quite simply no appetite from supporter or club to eradicate what is a huge part of the identity of both Celtic and Rangers.

Oscar T Grouch
28-02-2023, 06:58 AM
In other news

👀👀👀

Typifies the bigot Bros support, sets a fire and blames someone else, his own manager no less, but it certainly not his fault the lighter set fire to his 55 top?!?😂🤣

h1bs4life
28-02-2023, 05:31 PM
Sectarianism is ingrained in Scottish Society , no political party is going to tackle it head on as its a vote loser.
The only people that have scratched the surface of it are UEFA who have gave the lesser greens a few slaps on the wrists and closed down part of Ibrox both accepted there fate and never said a word back to UEFA that wouldn’t be the case if the SFA tried anything.
Maybe it’s time UEFA got involved in the domestic game.
Imagine if there songs were racist or homophobic they would quite rightly be called out for it but Scottish society seems to accept sectarianism.
I have no time for either two cheeks of the same a**se who feed and thrive of each other.

neil7908
28-02-2023, 11:38 PM
Did we have strict liability to stop monkey noises and banana's thrown on the pitch?

Did Falkirk need strict liability to issue a statement and apology for the homophobic chanting in the summer against us?

Have Celtic needed strict liability to close down the Green Brigades section when they crossed the line?

The lack of strict liability is a bit of a cop-out IMO - "whit kin we dae". I'd say the far bigger problem is how deep-rooted and wide-spread anti-Irish and anti-Catholic parts of Scotland are (and I'm not meaning geography), and its quite convenient for those that matter to just blame 20,000 pished fitba fans on a Sunday afternoon, while of course giving it the "the other side did naughty things too" without actually dealing with the problem. Can only guess thats why certain Rangers ditties don't get the same condemnation as other discriminatory songs, ie the "Furuhashi ate my dog" stuff that was plastered all over the press and resulted in banning orders for the individuals and the entire supporters club (no prizes for what fans were involved in that incident too...).

Your post is spot on. Simply put, Sevco have built their club on sectarianism, so why would they now want to dismantle that when there is zero pressure from the authorities, politicians or the media? They have cameras at games, start by banning as many as you can if you want to do something.

hibsbollah
01-03-2023, 06:18 AM
Celtic fans didn’t disrupt the silence, but bringing celtics complicity in stirring the sectarian soup around is fair in the original article. (Plus it probably makes life easier for him as a tweeting journalist).

The Modfather
01-03-2023, 06:51 AM
Celtic fans didn’t disrupt the silence, but bringing celtics complicity in stirring the sectarian soup around is fair in the original article. (Plus it probably makes life easier for him as a tweeting journalist).

Yep, it’s not a one sided sectarian divide. Celtc fans singing about Beal being a sad orange ******* wasn’t about his fake tan. They feed off each other. Rangers might be more overt about it but Celtc fans buy into the tribal sectarianism as much as Rangers fans do. It also defines their club and has made them rich as much as it has Rangers.

h1bs4life
01-03-2023, 12:00 PM
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23354294.mcmanus-slams-morons-tarnished-rangers-vs-celtic-gordon-tribute/[/url]

Hopefully link works , spot on from Tam McManus no doubt he will getting the abuse from the cretins on both sides of the divide

Helensburghhibs
02-03-2023, 07:25 AM
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23354294.mcmanus-slams-morons-tarnished-rangers-vs-celtic-gordon-tribute/[/url]

Hopefully link works , spot on from Tam McManus no doubt he will getting the abuse from the cretins on both sides of the divide

I think this shows the problem. David Irvine "journalist" writes a story about a Tam Mcmanus tweet slamming the bigots rather than writing a story about the bigots. Someone calling out their behaviour is actually bigger news than the behaviour itself

Helensburghhibs
02-03-2023, 07:31 AM
https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23356119.indecency-celtic-rangers-rivalry-plumbing-new-depths/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

hibsbollah
02-03-2023, 08:14 AM
https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23356119.indecency-celtic-rangers-rivalry-plumbing-new-depths/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Well said. Are there cracks starting to appear in the hacks’ consensus? Here’s hoping.

matty_f
02-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Well said. Are there cracks starting to appear in the hacks’ consensus? Here’s hoping.

It’s a good start but part of the issue is that they always group the fans’ behaviour together. You can’t get an article about Rangers fans without condemnation of Celtic fans for balance, and imho that’s part of the problem when trying to move forward.

I would like to see the media call out Rangers and call out Celtic independently and be specific about the nature of the issue, whether that’s anti-Catholic or anti-Protestant bigotry.

Shine the light on the clubs individually and make the problem theirs and their alone and keep doing it until the brand becomes toxic for sponsors, advertisers etc. Mention sponsors in the articles to show who’s associated with them, and therefore endorsing it.

Things will soon change.

One Day
02-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Entirely predictable.

Exactly this. If we have a minutes applause at Easter Road they'll do the same again.

hibsbollah
02-03-2023, 09:03 AM
It’s a good start but part of the issue is that they always group the fans’ behaviour together. You can’t get an article about Rangers fans without condemnation of Celtic fans for balance, and imho that’s part of the problem when trying to move forward.

I would like to see the media call out Rangers and call out Celtic independently and be specific about the nature of the issue, whether that’s anti-Catholic or anti-Protestant bigotry.

Shine the light on the clubs individually and make the problem theirs and their alone and keep doing it until the brand becomes toxic for sponsors, advertisers etc. Mention sponsors in the articles to show who’s associated with them, and therefore endorsing it.

Things will soon change.

A good phrase for this is ‘false equivalency’.

Of course you’re right, but I think I’ve got rock bottom expectations that the Scottish media will ever analyse the Old Firm clubs’ behaviour separately without making false equivalency, so in this instance when it is collective criticism of both of the Old Firm, instead of calling out Rangers specifically, I think that’s an improvement on saying nothing and giving them both a free pass, which has what’s happened up to now.

04-03-2023, 06:55 AM
Disgusting but entirely predictable from those cretins.

I wish opposition fans though wouldn't respond with booing though, just makes even more disruption and noise. If the rangers fans want to show themselves up and act like the ****ing rodents they are then let them.

I hope we do go for the silence instead of applause when we play them, its far more appropriate for a situation like this. If the rangers support want to disrupt it and sing their usual bile (and they absolutely will) then let them. Please please PLEASE do not respond with booing. Stay dignified and silent, don't let them drag you in.

***** the ****ing lot of them. Scotlands shame and always will be.

04-03-2023, 07:09 AM
Ffs. I read about this and (I don’t know why) thought I’d give it all the benefit of the doubt. But ffs that’s not a minority. Genuinely mind boggling how that is just brushed under the carpet in this country. That song is basically banned and they sing it during a minute’s applause.

Where do we go from here as a civilised country!

We (and I don't mean you, more like the media and the OF themselves) need to stop pedaling out this "it's a minority" pish. It never has been and never will be "a minority". I've been to ibrox when the whole stadium is belting out the Billy boys, fenian *******s etc etc.

The Ron Gordon applause at Hampden was far too loud to just be a small minority of idiots.

I'm not saying every single Rangers fan is a bigot, i know a few decent ones but its part of their club, its so richly ingrained and sadly the vast majority of their fanbase see it as supporting the club.