PDA

View Full Version : NHC Sankt Pauli

ErinGoBraghHFC
22-02-2023, 06:28 PM
For anyone interested, St. Pauli have scheduled a friendly against Dunfermline at East End Park in June. Good opportunity to get to a game since it’s near enough impossible to get tickets to a home game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
22-02-2023, 06:32 PM
Green Brigade love in I’d expect.

ErinGoBraghHFC
22-02-2023, 06:33 PM
Green Brigade love in I’d expect.

Very likely, I’ll be going along anyway though

.Sean.
22-02-2023, 06:56 PM
Seems a random game, wonder why. Celtic will be all over this 🤮

ErinGoBraghHFC
22-02-2023, 07:00 PM
Seems a random game, wonder why. Celtic will be all over this [emoji2961]

One of the Pars board members is something to do with Sankt Pauli, not sure exactly what though. No doubt there’ll be a good amount of Shellick fans there but I’d imagine there’ll be a few Hibees there as well, probably a good amount of folk coming up from teams in England and Wales (a lot to support Pars as well, Millwall etc [emoji1785]) and over from Belfast/Derry. Should be a good day out if there’s no bother

JammyDoidger
22-02-2023, 07:02 PM
Maybe Hibs could arrange something whilst they are over..

ErinGoBraghHFC
22-02-2023, 07:04 PM

That’d be brilliant, or we could see if we can arrange something over there, that’d be even better [emoji482]

Pagan Hibernia
22-02-2023, 07:06 PM
Like their ideals but I just can’t get past that rotten brown strip. Mingin.

as aesthetically offensive as maroon

ErinGoBraghHFC
22-02-2023, 07:08 PM
Like their ideals but I just can’t get past that rotten brown strip. Mingin.

as aesthetically offensive as maroon

Can’t disagree, the main reason I prefer Omonoia and Bohemians 1905 [emoji16][emoji172]

SteveHFC
22-02-2023, 07:16 PM
That’d be brilliant, or we could see if we can arrange something over there, that’d be even better [emoji482]

Friendly with Werder Bremen would be good.

ErinGoBraghHFC
22-02-2023, 07:19 PM

Yeah would be, did anything come from the twitter exchanges when the Bundesliga started back up whilst the SPFL was still called off during Covid? Had a wee soft spot for them ever since tbh

MWHIBBIES
22-02-2023, 07:27 PM
Seems a random game, wonder why. Celtic will be all over this 🤮

Indeed. Sounds absolutely cringe. Wouldn't go for free.

hibby rae
22-02-2023, 07:27 PM

Jackson Irvine never got to play in front of the fans

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2023, 12:56 AM

:agree: ... My German club of choice ... a mate of mine went over a few years ago to watch them and allegedly got a direct flight from Edinburgh, I wonder if that's still possible.

As for St Pauli ....... I have every respect for the ethos of that club, a club so anti establishment that many of their fans didn't even want to see it get promoted to the Bundesliga because they feel it's too corporate. Like other folk are saying, no doubt the place will be crawling with green brigade types on the day, which would be typical of Sellik after all why stop at pinching songs from Liverpool and club mottos from Barcelona when you can nick St Pauli's clothes as well :greengrin

Can you imagine any universe where the most self entitled support in the world would put ethics before on field success :faf:

DC_Hibs
23-02-2023, 05:26 AM
:agree: ... My German club of choice ... a mate of mine went over a few years ago to watch them and allegedly got a direct flight from Edinburgh, I wonder if that's still possible.

As for St Pauli ....... I have every respect for the ethos of that club, a club so anti establishment that many of their fans didn't even want to see it get promoted to the Bundesliga because they feel it's too corporate. Like other folk are saying, no doubt the place will be crawling with green brigade types on the day, which would be typical of Sellik after all why stop at pinching songs from Liverpool and club mottos from Barcelona when you can nick St Pauli's clothes as well :greengrin

Can you imagine any universe where the most self entitled support in the world would put ethics before on field success :faf:

If anyone is struggling for a Ticket then I’d strongly recommend the hospitality route as there’s no shortage of seats. You might also get lucky and see an away win for the Eintracht or other opponent.

They built a new 4500 seater stand and 1700 of those were business seats in addition to the existing ones in another stand.

Im sure when I checked many years back the percentage of business seats they had was far more than any other clubs altho I read this year they are reducing that.

With their Nike trainer collaboration and merchandise sales being 4th behind only Bayern, BVB and Schalke many of their fans Fkd off a long time ago meaning more tickets for new age “footy tourists”

Their “ethos” is for romantics turning a blind eye.

degenerated
23-02-2023, 06:58 AM
Can’t disagree, the main reason I prefer Omonoia and Bohemians 1905 [emoji16][emoji172]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkBohemians are cool, I've still got a retro top with panenka on the back from the last time i was in Prague. Also, after accidentally stumbling onto a boozer in Ujezd that must have been one of the ultras haunts and an afternoon of heavy drinking with the locals in there I got given a pretty cool polo shirt with the "bohemian ultras stay rude, stay rebel" thing on it.

MKHIBEE
23-02-2023, 09:23 AM
Please make it happen someone, in Bremen obviously.

ErinGoBraghHFC
23-02-2023, 01:54 PM
If anyone is struggling for a Ticket then I’d strongly recommend the hospitality route as there’s no shortage of seats. You might also get lucky and see an away win for the Eintracht or other opponent.

They built a new 4500 seater stand and 1700 of those were business seats in addition to the existing ones in another stand.

Im sure when I checked many years back the percentage of business seats they had was far more than any other clubs altho I read this year they are reducing that.

With their Nike trainer collaboration and merchandise sales being 4th behind only Bayern, BVB and Schalke many of their fans Fkd off a long time ago meaning more tickets for new age “footy tourists”

Their “ethos” is for romantics turning a blind eye.

Thanks for the heads up, appreciate that. You’re right that a lot of their support have buggered off because of the board not running the club the way they think it should be. Another side effect of this has been they’ve become almost like the “students club” in Germany, not that there’s anything wrong with that of course but it all sounds a little bit… John Lennon, I can’t really expand on that [emoji16]. A lot of people have a soft spot for Livorno as a “left wing club”, their ultras are very much traditional Marxist-Leninist’s which will obviously put some off, but it’s the jersey for me. Just can’t take to it, no idea why [emoji6]

JammyDoidger
23-02-2023, 05:02 PM

I've been over too, you used to be able to fly from Edinburgh with Ryanair to Bremen. Must have stopped it. It was years ago I went when they had mertesacker and ozil.

archie
23-02-2023, 06:44 PM
I can't stand this fashionable club mantra. I love visiting Germany and look out for Werder's results. But the idea of west end types supporting St Pauli leaves me cold. If you want to support a club with a mission and a message how about this: https://theathletic.com/2710881/2021/07/19/grenfell-athletic-how-a-football-club-rose-from-the-ashes-to-heal-a-community/

Great strip too.

pacorosssco
23-02-2023, 08:51 PM
Good gig for Dunfermline hope not hijacked by other fans agendas. Went a game at at pauli on trip Hamburg with missus who was made the feel most unwelcome not as a women but like me a tourist. We were even asked leave a bar of reeperbahn after game. They are not all that and all clubs can sell show decency in support without seniority they don't own it

ErinGoBraghHFC
23-02-2023, 09:21 PM
Good gig for Dunfermline hope not hijacked by other fans agendas. Went a game at at pauli on trip Hamburg with missus who was made the feel most unwelcome not as a women but like me a tourist. We were even asked leave a bar of reeperbahn after game. They are not all that and all clubs can sell show decency in support without seniority they don't own it

Went to Bohemians 1905 whilst in Prague and was made more than welcome, same when at Omonoia Nicosia (although according to a book I’ve recently read about left wing fan groups around the world, they’ve had a fan breakaway to make a new club after AFEK, or of the Cypriot communist party was having too much influence at board level of the club, which is confusing considering the Gate 7 ultras, the ones behind the breakaway, have put on massive hammer and sickle tifos but hey ho) but not made the trip to St Pauli yet due to difficulty getting tickets, I understand the animosity towards football tourism to an extent but who’s to say you’re not a supporter of one of their “friendships” ie Celtic Livorno AEK Athens etc, weird. Disappointed to hear that mate.

pacorosssco
23-02-2023, 10:22 PM
Went to Bohemians 1905 whilst in Prague and was made more than welcome, same when at Omonoia Nicosia (although according to a book I’ve recently read about left wing fan groups around the world, they’ve had a fan breakaway to make a new club after AFEK, or of the Cypriot communist party was having too much influence at board level of the club, which is confusing considering the Gate 7 ultras, the ones behind the breakaway, have put on massive hammer and sickle tifos but hey ho) but not made the trip to St Pauli yet due to difficulty getting tickets, I understand the animosity towards football tourism to an extent but who’s to say you’re not a supporter of one of their “friendships” ie Celtic Livorno AEK Athens etc, weird. Disappointed to hear that mate.

Love your passion for travel and football culture. Sounds lovely oe it's been well rewarded. Lived in Holland over 10 years took in many grounds teams in this time and only st pauli left a bad taste but not Hamburg. I'll say maybe an off day but Ado den Haag Dortmund Sunderland stoke nottingham forest Salzburg were so much better

Chuck Rhoades
24-02-2023, 09:07 AM
Why anyone would entertain this Celtic affair is beyond me. They are no marks who are more common than ever, don’t believe the lefty hype.

DH1875
24-02-2023, 09:29 AM
Why anyone would entertain this Celtic affair is beyond me. They are no marks who are more common than ever, don’t believe the lefty hype.

The green brigade are already all over it. Sack that.

NAE NOOKIE
24-02-2023, 11:53 AM
Must admit most of my St Pauli knowledge comes from You Tube so a lot of the stuff I've viewed about them is probably years old .... seems from comments on here things have changed a bit doon Hamburg docks since they were made :greengrin The rise of Freiburg from incredibly humble beginnings is quite interesting, just built a very nice new stadium too.

I love watching all that stuff about the fans of other clubs and the ups and downs they go through. The culture and trials and tribulations of the fans who support them is often far more interesting than the actual football.

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-05-2023, 04:28 AM
Tickets are now on sale for the away end and almost sold out. If anyones interested, I’d get one now [emoji2526]

Since452
11-05-2023, 05:42 AM
No thanks. Will be a Celtic day out.

weecounty hibby
11-05-2023, 06:06 AM
Seen pics on twitter of the geen brigade with piles of tickets. Can't think of a worse day out

JimBHibees
11-05-2023, 06:09 AM
No thanks. Will be a Celtic day out.

Yep bad enough having to listen to their nonsense in the official season rather than chasing it in preseason

Nakedmanoncrack
11-05-2023, 07:09 AM
Yep bad enough having to listen to their nonsense in the official season rather than chasing it in preseason

Nobody is encouraging you to go.

Stairway 2 7
11-05-2023, 08:25 AM

Yep couldn't think of anything worse. Stadium full of celtic fans and songs. A couple of corporate pretend left wing clubs, horrible buckfast day out, poor locals

TelaStella
11-05-2023, 08:52 AM
Certainly on the random side of pre season fixture choice. Is there any history there between them and the Pars?

CB Hibs 68
11-05-2023, 08:58 AM
Indeed. Sounds absolutely cringe. Wouldn't go for free.

Wouldn’t touch the game with a barge pole as Cellick fans will be all over it.Decent pay day for the Pars though.

andrew70
11-05-2023, 09:45 AM
Certainly on the random side of pre season fixture choice. Is there any history there between them and the Pars?

I believe St Pauli are named the Pars too.

gbhibby
11-05-2023, 10:04 AM
Hells Bells can't believe they are playing Dunfermline.

Hibbyradge
11-05-2023, 10:13 AM
Yep couldn't think of anything worse. Stadium full of celtic fans and songs. A couple of corporate pretend left wing clubs, horrible buckfast day out, poor locals

That's not fair.

The locals are perfectly nice.

Carheenlea
11-05-2023, 11:19 AM

Dunfermline’s Sporting Director Thomas Meggle is a former St Pauli player and manager.

Billy Whizz
11-05-2023, 11:24 AM
Wish we had a preseason game at Dunfermline

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2023, 11:26 AM
Hells Bells can't believe they are playing Dunfermline.
What has she been doing since soccer AM?

gbhibby
11-05-2023, 11:41 AM
What has she been doing since soccer AM?
Missed out the exclamation mark after bells, wonder if Dunfermline will play their walk on to the park music.

heretoday
11-05-2023, 11:44 AM
Seeking out the football grounds is a good way of seeing a different side of a city. Someone mentioned Prague. I dragged my wife round its many stadia a few years ago, including the huge Strahov where Sparta used to play. Bohemians was fun. They had a beer garden in the carpark which was open on a Wednesday afternoon. We wandered in and watched a youth team match, beers in hand!

.Sean.
11-05-2023, 11:47 AM
It’s bad enough witnessing the behaviour of that shower of tramps from afar when they visit Easter Road never mind actually sitting in with them. It’ll turn into a Celtic day out and nothing more so actually a certain section of our support will be all over it 😂

Since452
11-05-2023, 11:57 AM
A day listening to Celtic "folk songs" without the Hibees there as a welcome distraction? Nah.

basehibby
11-05-2023, 12:22 PM
Tickets are now on sale for the away end and almost sold out. If anyones interested, I’d get one now [emoji2526]

Would rather go to the home end and support the Pars. I'm a fan of The Skids so I love their intro song - they also do a mean Bridie - so my ears and my stomach say go on the Pars - St Pauli GTF!

heretoday
11-05-2023, 12:37 PM
A day listening to Celtic "folk songs" without the Hibees there as a welcome distraction? Nah.

I hate their constant chanting at matches.
Love Planxty and The Pogues etc though!

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2023, 01:30 PM
I hate their constant chanting at matches.

Love Planxty and The Pogues etc though!

Yeh, me as well ... in the end it just becomes a sort of constant background drone and actually becomes easy to ignore, especially when you have absolutely no idea what the hell it is they are singing and have no intention of finding out :greengrin

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-05-2023, 07:56 PM
Would rather go to the home end and support the Pars. I'm a fan of The Skids so I love their intro song - they also do a mean Bridie - so my ears and my stomach say go on the Pars - St Pauli GTF!

Forza St Pauli [emoji110]

Big90inOz
12-05-2023, 03:34 AM
I have stayed in the St Pauli area a couple of times through work, the club is certainly the heart of the area and they sell some awesome merchandise.

Dashing Bob S
12-05-2023, 03:43 AM
I have stayed in the St Pauli area a couple of times through work, the club is certainly the heart of the area and they sell some awesome merchandise.

I dream of a Hibs boutique on Leith Walk like the St Pauli one on the Reeperbahn, selling immaculately designed suits.

Keith_M
13-05-2023, 04:41 PM

The stadium is fantastic as well.

IIRC, three sides of the ground are two tiered stands, where the lower tier is terracing.

The one alongside the pitch is the largest standing area, with a fantastic view and great facilities.