PDA

View Full Version : Florists

Hibeewilly
22-02-2023, 04:37 PM
A few of us are looking to get some flowers for Ron to lay at Easter Road. The images we've been sent through for a budget of £70 are not inspiring. Does anybody have any recommendations of perhaps Hibs minded florists??

Hibernian Verse
22-02-2023, 08:07 PM
A few of us are looking to get some flowers for Ron to lay at Easter Road. The images we've been sent through for a budget of £70 are not inspiring. Does anybody have any recommendations of perhaps Hibs minded florists??

You can try interflora and a local business should pick it up. Lots of options.

big gogs
22-02-2023, 08:15 PM
You can try interflora and a local business should pick it up. Lots of options.
I can understand the feelings for Ron Gordon,I was shocked and saddened by the sad news.can I make a suggestion,could the money for floral tributes be used to help feed the people served by the hibs community.Ron Gordon was always on hand to help and serve people in need.could this be done in his memory.

Brightside
22-02-2023, 08:18 PM
I can understand the feelings for Ron Gordon,I was shocked and saddened by the sad news.can I make a suggestion,could the money for floral tributes be used to help feed the people served by the hibs community.Ron Gordon was always on hand to help and serve people in need.could this be done in his memory.

Agreed. Leave £70 of tinned goods instead. We’d fill a factory in now time.

Alex Trager
22-02-2023, 08:21 PM

Would defo contribute to that.

Was thinking of getting a scarf from the shop to tie around the gates or something and maybe asking rhe club to re-use it when giving out free tickets or the likes but not sure that would be really possible

WestCoastHibby
22-02-2023, 08:34 PM
I’d have to agree with using the money for a good cause

Leith Green
22-02-2023, 09:02 PM

No harm in doing both if affordable and both nice gestures

Phil MaGlass
23-02-2023, 12:30 PM
this website has reasonable prices, I have used them a number of times, and are reliable.

www.serenataflowers.com

Hibee Daft
23-02-2023, 03:07 PM

Or just let people show their respect in their own way.

The dalmeny
23-02-2023, 06:49 PM

The news about Ron was very sad and thoughts are with family and friends. I’m very much with your suggestion or perhaps a donation to a charity

HarpOnHibee
23-02-2023, 06:55 PM
Agree with the food donation thing, it's a cracking idea and was a big part of Ron Gordon's generosity. If there's some sort of crowdfunder thing set up, i'll give what I can manage.

K Kay
23-02-2023, 08:45 PM
Spiral flowers do some lovely stuff

LewysGot2
23-02-2023, 09:10 PM
What about the florist at the junction between Leith Walk and Montgomery Street? Can’t remember what it’s called but they were brilliant for my uncle’s funeral.

Charity donation to Dnipro Kids? Or Hanlon Stevenson?