PDA

View Full Version : Ron Gordon Appreciation thread

gbhibby
22-02-2023, 11:50 AM
Thank you Ron for your stewardship of our great club your legacy will live on,you brought new ideas and new vision to the club.

Golden Bear
22-02-2023, 12:30 PM
Ron seems to have been much appreciated throughout Scottish Football.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/ron-gordon-tribute-planned-for-viaplay-cup-final-as-celtic-and-rangers-to-mark-hibs-chairman-s-passing/ar-AA17NEA4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f0db3dd246524c69a72caaf467204610

GreenPJ
22-02-2023, 12:37 PM
I popped up to ER at lunchtime today to lay some flowers. I was surprised (not a criticism) in that there was very little tributes/flowers for Ron. There were a couple of strips posted to the East gates and 3 or 4 bunches of flowers but nothing else. There may have been something at the West but other than a very quick look from the end of the car park, where there was nothing obvious, it didn't appear there was anything.

Not a criticism but just surprising.

NAE NOOKIE
22-02-2023, 12:55 PM
Ron said the one thing I had waited for years to hear from a Hibs owner. He stated clearly that the aim was to raise the club's income to the point where we were able to considerably increase the players wage budget, above all else that part of his vision was the way forward for this club ... it might seem blindingly obvious, but I can never recall a single Hibs owner stating it as a main goal and it's what gave me faith that eventually he could come good as owner of this club.

Since452
22-02-2023, 01:33 PM
In his short time here he's wiped off a huge chunk of debt, invested and taken the club to new levels off the park. His drive, determination and obvious business acumen will be a colossal loss to Hibs.

Thank you Ron. Your time at our precious club was tragically short. I wonder what could have been. You are a part of it's history now.

gbhibby
22-02-2023, 02:09 PM
https://twitter.com/FfsHibs/status/1628114883303641088?s=20
Nice

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

at last 61
22-02-2023, 02:13 PM
And above all,he came across as genuine,a really nice guy,glad he had a huge part in our history,rip,Ron 💚💚💚

Hiber-nation
22-02-2023, 02:17 PM
Nice tribute from Tom English

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64725160

Pretty Boy
22-02-2023, 04:51 PM
The piece Hibs have put up about him today on social media is really well written. It's a genuine shame we never got to know more about him and his achievements when he was with us. There were pieces with the press of course but nothing as comprehensive as what the club have put out today. I suppose that could have been through choice and it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I've argued for some time that the West Stand should be named after STF and I stand by it. It should be done whilst he is still with us as well. Maybe one of the hospitality lounges could be renamed after Ron Gordon? Those improvements will be a big part of his legacy and it would be a nice touch for his family to see something like that done.

davhibby
22-02-2023, 05:37 PM
The piece Hibs have put up about him today on social media is really well written. It's a genuine shame we never got to know more about him and his achievements when he was with us. There were pieces with the press of course but nothing as comprehensive as what the club have put out today. I suppose that could have been through choice and it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I've argued for some time that the West Stand should be named after STF and I stand by it. It should be done whilst he is still with us as well. Maybe one of the hospitality lounges could be renamed after Ron Gordon? Those improvements will be a big part of his legacy and it would be a nice touch for his family to see something like that done.

I was thinking about what could be done and something around the new hospitality seemed an obvious choice to me.

Since452
22-02-2023, 06:56 PM

The sickening thing for me is he was just getting started. If you take a step back and look at the club in his short time here it's quite a change. And that's with the challenges of COVID as well. Real shame.

Spike Mandela
23-02-2023, 08:41 AM
I don’t think we’ve ever had a person like Ron with a vision for Hibs AND the experience and will to succeed in delivering that vision

Deeply saddened for his family and deeply saddened to lose such an able person running our club.

Since452
23-02-2023, 08:49 AM
There should definitely be a Ron Gordon suite in hospitality in my opinion. He improved that aspect of the club incredibly well. HTC could be renamed to honour him too. Really hope we do something like that.

Jones28
23-02-2023, 10:57 AM
There should definitely be a Ron Gordon suite in hospitality in my opinion. He improved that aspect of the club incredibly well. HTC could be renamed to honour him too. Really hope we do something like that.

Agree with this, re-name Pioneers after him.

fiolex1
24-02-2023, 01:26 PM
I don’t know is this is appropriate but the following saying/lyric kind of sums up for me my thoughts on Ron after all the stories on who meet him and knew him.
“ You don’t know what you’ve got till is gone”
RIP Ron

brog
24-02-2023, 01:30 PM
I don’t think we’ve ever had a person like Ron with a vision for Hibs AND the experience and will to succeed in delivering that vision

Deeply saddened for his family and deeply saddened to lose such an able person running our club.

Sums it up perfectly for me. I really didn't expect to be so upset at Ron's passing. Gone far too soon.

Diclonius
24-02-2023, 02:08 PM
I popped up to ER at lunchtime today to lay some flowers. I was surprised (not a criticism) in that there was very little tributes/flowers for Ron. There were a couple of strips posted to the East gates and 3 or 4 bunches of flowers but nothing else. There may have been something at the West but other than a very quick look from the end of the car park, where there was nothing obvious, it didn't appear there was anything.

Not a criticism but just surprising.

I'll be bringing something over before the Rangers game.

BILLYHIBS
28-02-2023, 02:30 PM
Just popped down to the Main Entrance West Stand to pay my respects

Flowers and tributes building up nicely

Quite emotional

RIP