PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for Klop to move on?

Hibbyradge
21-02-2023, 08:30 PM
Liverpool are getting thumped tonight after being 2 goals ahead and are having a very poor season.

Is it time for a managerial change?

Scottie
21-02-2023, 08:34 PM
No keep him on. Long may Liverpools bad season continue :aok:

Pagan Hibernia
21-02-2023, 08:36 PM
Liverpool are getting thumped tonight after being 2 goals ahead and are having a very poor season.

He certainly shouldn’t be sacked. That would be a catastrophic decision.

should he walk away? Probably not. There aren’t many clubs of Liverpool’s stature out there

JamesHFC
21-02-2023, 08:39 PM
There would be uproar from their supporters if he got sacked.

Liberal Hibby
21-02-2023, 08:41 PM

Does he have the status that Bielsa had at Leeds?

HendoDelivered
21-02-2023, 08:43 PM

Correct. No genuine Liverpool fan wants him gone. Good times will be baxk again.

Donegal Hibby
21-02-2023, 08:44 PM
No keep him on. Long may Liverpools bad season continue :aok:
Heard they are wanting some guy in scotland that's rumoured to be the new Fergie :hmmm:

The Modfather
21-02-2023, 08:45 PM

Probably not, he’s still got massive credit in the bank IMO. He needs money to build a new team and another couple of signings like Van Dijk and Allison who will have a similar impact.

I do wonder if he’s going the way of Wenger. Success and then a change in style/type of player that doesn’t work. Wenger went from midfielders like Petit and Vieira, who could play but also had steel. To small technical players and a team that was bullied. Klopp had success with his “heavy metal football”, now he seems to be going for more technical midfielders like Thiago, Carvalho, Elliot etc.

There’s also probably a bit of the fact he had Liverpool punching well above their weight in terms of spend etc, and there’s probably a shelf life in how long you can keep doing that as the key players get older.

HoboHarry
21-02-2023, 08:45 PM
Any Liverpool fan wanting him sacked after 1/2 of a bad season probably shouldn't be allowed out by themselves. He'll get them back where they need to be.

LunasBoots
21-02-2023, 08:53 PM
If he stays he will need alot of time and money to get Liverpool back to there best. Lots of deadwood there.

HarpOnHibee
21-02-2023, 08:56 PM
Greatest league in the world though :wink:

Libby Hibby
21-02-2023, 09:05 PM
No, it’s great watching Liverpool in decline.

GreenGray
21-02-2023, 09:07 PM
Although he has to take some of the blame the issues at Liverpool are much bigger than just Klopp, I’m sure majority of Liverpool fans understand that as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donegal Hibby
21-02-2023, 09:10 PM
If klopp were to move on , who would be as good or better to replace him is my question? Personally I can't think of anyone . I think he's one of the top managers in the world and has really turned Liverpool around since he's got the job and it's another manager situation were fans need patience and the board need to back him financially .

Pagan Hibernia
21-02-2023, 09:13 PM
If klopp were to move on , who would be as good or better to replace him is my question? Personally I can't think of anyone . I think he's one of the top managers in the world and has really turned Liverpool around since he's got the job and it's another manager situation were fans need patience and the board need to back him financially .

this. Liverpool won’t replace him with anyone better, and he can’t replace Liverpool with anything better. Plus he probably wouldn’t want to.

they’re stuck with each other.

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2023, 09:36 PM
They have regressed significantly this season. Some of their key players of the past few years seem to have simultaneously passed their best, so they now need a re-build. However, they won't sack him. Klopp has won them a first title in thirty years plus the Champions League. The club will have to support him in sorting out the squad, whilst at the same time it's up for sale. There's a lot to sort out.

ScottB
21-02-2023, 09:40 PM
His squad has run out of steam, and he’s famous for things going a bit wrong after 7 years.

Either Liverpool need to fund a serious rebuild and hope he can kick start a new cycle, or potentially he moves on.

Lago
21-02-2023, 09:40 PM
They have regressed significantly this season. Some of their key players of the past few years seem to have simultaneously passed their best, so they now need a re-build. However, they won't sack him. Klopp has won them a first title in thirty years plus the Champions League. The club will have to support him in sorting out the squad, whilst at the dame time it's up for sale. There's a lot to sort out.
No longer up for sale

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2023, 09:45 PM
No longer up for sale

Have FSG changed their minds?

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2023, 09:52 PM
His squad has run out of steam, and he’s famous for things going a bit wrong after 7 years.

Either Liverpool need to fund a serious rebuild and hope he can kick start a new cycle, or potentially he moves on.

I'm not convinced by some of their recent signings, but they might come good.

MWHIBBIES
21-02-2023, 10:11 PM
I do laugh when people repeat the 7 years nonsense. His last 6 months at Dortmund they were excellent. Club desperately wanted him to stay. Injuries just buggered the start to the season.

He's a brilliant manager with very tight owners. Bargains like Salah, Mane etc getting harder to find.

They'd be foolish to get rid.

Iain G
21-02-2023, 10:26 PM

Slippy G is available and waiting 🤣

NAE NOOKIE
21-02-2023, 10:53 PM

Had this discussion with my brother a few times recently, 7 years does seem to be his Kryptonite and you can't help wondering if his 'heavy metal' style simply starts to wear his players down to the point some key ones all start feeling the effects at the same time following season after season of high intensity football.

As for 'rebuilding' He now has Man United about to be taken over by billionaires, Newcastle who have been taken over by billionaires and Chelsea spending silly money and that's before you even consider PSG and the like. There's going to be stiff competition for the sort of players Liverpool would want and it will be even harder to attract them if you have no Champions league football.

HendoDelivered
21-02-2023, 10:53 PM
I do laugh when people repeat the 7 years nonsense. His last 6 months at Dortmund they were excellent. Club desperately wanted him to stay. Injuries just buggered the start to the season.

He's a brilliant manager with very tight owners. Bargains like Salah, Mane etc getting harder to find.

They'd be foolish to get rid.

Facts!

cameronw-hfc
21-02-2023, 10:56 PM
Facts!

To an extent, they were either in the relegation zone or very close to it at Christmas in his final year, finished 6/7th. Great 6 months but that's now Mainz and Dortmund and Liverpool he's had a blip in the 7thyear at.

Don't think he should be sacked, think it's natural that the cycle of players probably needs replaced after 6/7 years, as well as managing clubs that don't exactly spend like City or Chelsea probably hasn't helped when he needs a rebuild.

I think it's somewhere in the middle, 7th season syndrome isn't entirely true, but it's also not a myth as its a recurring theme for him, albeit different situations at each club.

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2023, 11:04 PM
Had this discussion with my brother a few times recently, 7 years does seem to be his Kryptonite and you can't help wondering if his 'heavy metal' style simply starts to wear his players down to the point some key ones all start feeling the effects at the same time following season after season of high intensity football.

As for 'rebuilding' He now has Man United about to be taken over by billionaires, Newcastle who have been taken over by billionaires and Chelsea spending silly money and that's before you even consider PSG and the like. There's going to be stiff competition for the sort of players Liverpool would want and it will be even harder to attract them if you have no Champions league football.

It must do, and when you consider they played the maximum number of games possible last season, that will create fatigue. Klopp's style of play is very demanding on his players, and it looks to have caught up with some of the older ones.

Swedish hibee
22-02-2023, 01:55 AM
Everything always ends badly, sometimes it's best to walk on, head held high. He's lost his sparkle, maybe time for pastures new for klopp?

heretoday
22-02-2023, 02:30 AM
Liverpool still look good nipping forward but they need a new defence.

Tyler Durden
22-02-2023, 06:13 AM
A first choice back 4 of Trent, Robertson, Van Dijk and Konate is still as good as any out there.

They still have great options up front when Diaz and Jota are fit.

It’s just that midfield 3 that have fallen to pieces this season. Fabinho been poor, Henderson and Thiago not any better and getting too old to play so many games.

Sign Bellingham and another young CM with legs and they’ll be back to challenging IMO

Just_Jimmy
22-02-2023, 06:51 AM

They'd be foolish to get rid.Exactly. The 7 years stuff is from people who believe a narrative and never watched Dortmund under him.

There was a genuine hope that he'd stay that season. With the squads dortmund have had since, you have to wonder if he'd have won them more than a few cups.

Liverpool have stitched him up.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Just_Jimmy
22-02-2023, 06:51 AM
A first choice back 4 of Trent, Robertson, Van Dijk and Konate is still as good as any out there.

They still have great options up front when Diaz and Jota are fit.

It’s just that midfield 3 that have fallen to pieces this season. Fabinho been poor, Henderson and Thiago not any better and getting too old to play so many games.

Sign Bellingham and another young CM with legs and they’ll be back to challenging IMOLiverpool aren't spending £200mill plus...

It'll take that to get Bellingham plus 1 other.

neil7908
22-02-2023, 06:59 AM
Liverpool aren't spending £200mill plus...

And Bellingham won't come to a club not competing for trophies or playing in the Champions League.

I don't think Klopp should go (who would replace him?). But they have committed the cardinal sin of not being ruthless in renewing the team when they were on top. That is something Ferguson was so good at during his time at Man United.

Carheenlea
22-02-2023, 09:02 AM
https://youtu.be/Cqy_QPM6Mt8

jacomo
22-02-2023, 09:54 AM
Liverpool aren't spending £200mill plus...

FSG bought the club for £300m, have spent maybe £200m on stadium improvements, kept a lid on transfer spending, and - judging by valuations of other clubs - Liverpool may now be worth more than £3bn. An incredible increase in value.

They are also openly looking for investment.

I can imagine Liverpool spending a lot of money on rebuilding the squad.

Scouse Hibee
22-02-2023, 10:08 AM
No chance, the seven years rubbish being spouted is just nonsense. He rebuilt Liverpool and turned them into one of the top sides in the World. I trust him to rebuild again.

HoboHarry
22-02-2023, 01:13 PM
Liverpool still look good nipping forward but they need a new defence.
From what I've seen this season, their defence will be fine with a much upgraded midfield in front of it. That's where their main issue is IMHO.

Donegal Hibby
22-02-2023, 02:20 PM
From what I've seen this season, their defence will be fine with a much upgraded midfield in front of it. That's where their main issue is IMHO.
Probably both need upgraded thought the boy Gomez was well below the standard of a Liverpool player too .

HoboHarry
22-02-2023, 02:27 PM
Probably both need upgraded thought the boy Gomez was well below the standard of a Liverpool player too .
Gomez has always been a mystery to me in why he is still there, they need much better to compete with Robertson, Van Dijk, TTA and Konate though who are as good a defensive unit as you will find anywhere. They need a better quality protective midfield above anything else.

Hibernia&Alba
22-02-2023, 02:35 PM
No chance, the seven years rubbish being spouted is just nonsense. He rebuilt Liverpool and turned them into one of the top sides in the World. I trust him to rebuild again.

Yes. Obviously, I'm not a Liverpool fan, but Klopp is a world class manager and the club will trust him to undertake the required re-build, I'm sure.

hibsbollah
22-02-2023, 04:19 PM

I always like Gomez when I see him, often starts off an attack with an insightful pass from the back. But my son who watches them more than me says he’s had a poor season. Maybe he’s one of these streaky players.

King conrad
22-02-2023, 04:29 PM
Love Klopp, He'll get them firing again

Pretty Boy
22-02-2023, 04:39 PM
Football fans always seem far more patient with and sympathetic towards managers of other teams. If, in relative terms, we were having a season like Liverpool the knives would be out for our gaffer.

That's football. If Klopp was at one of the big guns in Spain or Italy and missed qualifying for the Champions League then he'd be out on his erse at the end of the season. With a club like Real Madrid even winning the league is no guarantee of job security.

Undoubtedly a great manager but even the best know it's a cut throat business.

A Hi-Bee
22-02-2023, 05:16 PM
Will he mossy on along, dont really care much one way or the other.
He is a character for sure.

Dashing Bob S
22-02-2023, 06:55 PM
I think they’ll be strong next season. The type of game he plays asks a lot of players physically and mentally and he seems to have one brilliant season and one less than stellar.

Hibees1973
22-02-2023, 07:12 PM
There is no doubt there has been a sharp decline in their performances and results. Most people are surprised that it has been so bad.

For me they are weak in numerous areas and in particular at right back and across the whole of the midfield.

Man Utd, Newcastle and Arsenal have become more competitive and have in essence trumped Liverpool & Chelsea. It's a good example that things don't always stay the same for long in the English Premier League which makes that league refreshing and interesting.

Much as I admire Klopp it will take a huge effort to get back to even the top 3 in the next couple of years.

The start of next season will be key. If they struggle such as they have done this season, owners have short memories and Klopp is unlikely to still be there this time next year.

Just_Jimmy
22-02-2023, 08:38 PM
They've had a rough year but they're 7 points behind 4th. With 2 games in hand over bang average spurs and a game on wheels falling off, Newcastle.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them make top 4. Certainly 5th.