PDA

View Full Version : Seat Release Date Earlier than Early Bird Deadline - What's Going On?

Sheep_Nae_Mair
21-02-2023, 12:09 PM
This has been mentioned within another thread but I feel it should be more prominent. The Seat Release date is 31st March, the Early Bird deadline is 14th April. This appears to mean that if you leave renewal until April your seat(s) could well be gone???

Hibs have thoughtfully buried this rather important detail in FAQs, while making the 23/24 Season Ticket announcement.

Hiber-nation
21-02-2023, 12:32 PM
This has been mentioned within another thread but I feel it should be more prominent. The Seat Release date is 31st March, the Early Bird deadline is 14th April. This appears to mean that if you leave renewal until April your seat(s) could well be gone???

Hibs have thoughtfully buried this rather important detail in FAQs, while making the 23/24 Season Ticket announcement.

Glad you pointed this out. This season's seat release date was 31 May. Seems daft to have it 2 weeks before the early bird.

DaveF
21-02-2023, 12:42 PM
Thanks for pointing this out. Seems completely crackers to do this.

I had intended to renew in early April but looks like I'll have to amend that now.

WTF are Hibs playing at?

GreenCastle
21-02-2023, 01:15 PM
Maybe trying to get folk to buy quicker and see what's free for anyone wanting to change seat / purchase a new ticket?

hibee_girl
21-02-2023, 01:30 PM
It could be a mistake and it’s meant to be the 31st May :dunno:

Logie Green
21-02-2023, 01:45 PM
Maybe trying to get folk to buy quicker and see what's free for anyone wanting to change seat / purchase a new ticket?

That could be the intention but it creates a potential problem for anyone who doesn’t renew by 31st March. They would be better releasing seats after the Early Bird period as I think they’ve done in previous years.

Logie Green
21-02-2023, 01:46 PM

It’s not a mistake, the seat release date is 31st March.

soul_driver
21-02-2023, 02:45 PM
It’s not a mistake, the seat release date is 31st March.

If its not a mistake then I hope the club has plans to raise awareness because not many folk are going to notice it stuck away in the FAQs.

jeffers
21-02-2023, 02:53 PM
Thanks for pointing this out. Seems completely crackers to do this.

I had intended to renew in early April but looks like I'll have to amend that now.

WTF are Hibs playing at?

I think it’s a joke. As Logie Green has stated it’s not a mistake, the club advised the decision was taken “to allow those who wish to purchase potentially better seats to be able to do so at the early bird prices.” I don’t see why they couldn’t buy seats elsewhere and try to move to other ones once seats were released as has previously been the case.OK it reduces some admin, but if I was cynical I’d say the club are just trying to get money in asap.

Effectively early bird is 31st of March not April 14. I’ve already made my point about the deadlines being moved forward from previous seasons. Maybe it is back to similar timescales pre Covid but I think it’s wrong to do so.

soul_driver
21-02-2023, 02:59 PM
I think it’s a joke. As Logie Green has stated it’s not a mistake, the club advised the decision was taken “to allow those who wish to purchase potentially better seats to be able to do so at the early bird prices.” I don’t see why they couldn’t buy seats elsewhere and try to move to other ones once seats were released as has previously been the case.OK it reduces some admin, but if I was cynical I’d say the club are just trying to get money in asap.

Effectively early bird is 31st of March not April 14. I’ve already made my point about the deadlines being moved forward from previous seasons. Maybe it is back to similar timescales pre Covid but I think it’s wrong to do so.

Where did the club advise that jeffers? I must have missed that.

eastterrace
21-02-2023, 03:00 PM

I think it’s being done as top six not settled by then so hibs making sure they get as much fans as possible to renew just in case we have a disaster end to the season. A bit sneaky when you think supported them money wise all during covid and not taking refunds at the time which I could have done.

jeffers
21-02-2023, 03:03 PM
Where did the club advise that jeffers? I must have missed that.

If you are referring to my bit in quotes, Logie Green is a mate, it’s from an email he received from the club when he queried the dates.

Hibernian Verse
21-02-2023, 03:03 PM
I think it’s being done as top six not settled by then so hibs making sure they get as much fans as possible to renew just in case we have a disaster end to the season. A bit sneaky when you think supported them money wise all during covid and not taking refunds at the time which I could have done.

It's a conspiracy I tell you.

jeffers
21-02-2023, 03:05 PM

Agreed, think it’s a poor show, but we are customers now not fans.

soul_driver
21-02-2023, 03:05 PM
If you are referring to my bit in quotes, Logie Green is a mate, it’s from an email he received from the club when he queried the dates.

Yeah that bit. Can't highlight on my phone.

Thanks for confirming. Agree it's a poor decision.

eastterrace
21-02-2023, 03:13 PM
It's a conspiracy I tell you.
Glad you agree 😂

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2023, 03:56 PM

Perhaps they just haven't noticed yet. It can't be implemented.

Hiber-nation
21-02-2023, 04:07 PM

Definitely not a mistake, club have confirmed 31 March to me in a email but haven't as yet given a reason.

green day
21-02-2023, 04:12 PM

Agreed on all.

Complete own goal at a time a lot of people will need to juggle finances to buy STs.

Hibernia&Alba
21-02-2023, 04:57 PM

Perhaps they haven't noticed that it's before the early bird deadline? It makes no sense.

andrew70
21-02-2023, 05:13 PM
Agreed on all.

Complete own goal at a time a lot of people will need to juggle finances to buy STs.

If needs be people will use the DD option surely. Spreads it out and less need to juggle. Not an own goal that’s for sure, possible a stray pass.