PDA

View Full Version : Killie Game

Not In The Know
16-02-2023, 08:23 AM
Huge game this weekend and I’m really looking forward to it. League rivals all have on paper tough fixtures. Three points are a must if we want (at least) 4th place.

Hibbyradge
16-02-2023, 08:25 AM
I'll be there and Hibs have never lost when I've been in the stadium.

(Some of that isn't true).

Since452
16-02-2023, 08:48 AM
Should be a good crowd with good travelling support. Hibs in good form. Looking forward to it.

B.H.F.C
16-02-2023, 09:14 AM
Sheep at Celtic. Livi got Rangers. St Mirren beaten last night.

Win will put us in a really strong position for getting fourth. Tougher run of fixtures at the start of March so got to go and get the win.

Bostonhibby
16-02-2023, 09:17 AM
I'll be there, looking forward to it, one of the guys I'm travelling with reminded me hes never seen Hibs lose.

Mind you he did ask if Gary Deegan still plays for us as he remembers his great winner against Aberdeen [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
16-02-2023, 09:22 AM
I'll be there and Hibs have never lost when I've been in the stadium.

(Some of that isn't true).

I will go with you have never been in the stadium LTYF 😁

Hibbyradge
16-02-2023, 09:45 AM
I will go with you have never been in the stadium LTYF 😁

Many times over the last 50 odd years I've wished that was true!

Alex Trager
16-02-2023, 09:47 AM
How are ticket sales?

Onceinawhile
16-02-2023, 09:49 AM
Killie are absolutely atrocious away from home, so we should win this one, even if we have to grind it out past mcinnes's dour time-wasting anti football.

Since452
16-02-2023, 10:20 AM
Killie are absolutely atrocious away from home, so we should win this one, even if we have to grind it out past mcinnes's dour time-wasting anti football.

Win at Tannadice will have given them a boost even though it was the cup and United are pony. I strongly fancy us this weekend but how many times have we said that before? :rolleyes:

Crunchie
16-02-2023, 10:20 AM
They weren't that atrocious last 2 times I've seen them away. Celtic and United. But I hope they are this w/e :wink:

JohnM1875
16-02-2023, 10:32 AM
Absolutely buzzing for the game this weekend. Feels like an age since the Aberdeen game.

Big_Franck
16-02-2023, 10:33 AM
They weren't that atrocious last 2 times I've seen them away. Celtic and United. But I hope they are this w/e :wink:

The recent cup win aside, Killie have the worst away record in the league by quite some way. They've only achieved 2 points in their 13 away league games so far.

Not In The Know
16-02-2023, 10:35 AM

Aye. It will be a stuffy one.

Saint Hibee
16-02-2023, 11:39 AM
This might be a stupid question, but is Doidge there on loan or did we actually sell him to Killie? Just wondering who'll be playing up front for them now Laffatme's gone ...

ElginHibbie
16-02-2023, 11:40 AM
This might be a stupid question, but is Doidge there on loan or did we actually sell him to Killie? Just wondering who'll be playing up front for them now Laffatme's gone ...

Still on loan so won't be able to feature against us

theonlywayisup
16-02-2023, 11:50 AM
Thought it was odd that Ollie Shaw left and joined Barnsley in a 2.5 year deal. Anyone know the background to that - was he doing well at Killie and this was a step up or were Killie looking to get rid of him.

GreenCastle
16-02-2023, 12:48 PM
Excited for this game. Feels like ages since Hibs played.

Next 2 games are so important if we want to finish 4th.

2 wins would be massive looking at who other teams around us play.

Green Man
16-02-2023, 01:29 PM
Thought it was odd that Ollie Shaw left and joined Barnsley in a 2.5 year deal. Anyone know the background to that - was he doing well at Killie and this was a step up or were Killie looking to get rid of him.

He had a good season for Killie in 21/22 but barely featured this season.

Big_Franck
16-02-2023, 01:38 PM
He had a good season for Killie in 21/22 but barely featured this season.

Ollie Shaw made 12 league appearances for Killie this year before Barnsley signed him. He didn't score a single goal in those 12 appearances though, so Killie have done well to get a fee for him IMO.

Having lost Shaw and the big bigot and with Doidge being ineligible, they shouldn't have too much of a threat up front.

PHeffernan
16-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Ollie Shaw made 12 league appearances for Killie this year before Barnsley signed him. He didn't score a single goal in those 12 appearances though, so Killie have done well to get a fee for him IMO.

Having lost Shaw and the big bigot and with Doidge being ineligible, they shouldn't have too much of a threat up front.

Daniel Armstrong is their best player by a mile.
Stop him and the game should be ours.

Halmyre Hibee
16-02-2023, 01:55 PM
My sister & I will be going. Our late dad took us to our first game away back in 1967/68 season v Kilmarnock. It ended up 3-3 with a Colin Stein hat trick. Looking for a win to get us this fourth spot in the league.

JamesHFC
16-02-2023, 02:11 PM
Feeling good about this one. I think the 2 week break will have done us good, especially for CJ, Hoppe & Devlin to settle in.

Magennis & Nisbet should be ready too.

Clarence
16-02-2023, 03:03 PM
Feeling good about this one. I think the 2 week break will have done us good, especially for CJ, Hoppe & Devlin to settle in.

That’s good news.

JimBHibees
16-02-2023, 03:07 PM

Hope so has there been any word whether Nissy back training

JamesHFC
16-02-2023, 03:08 PM

Hibs released images today of him in training.

Shrekko
16-02-2023, 03:10 PM
You just feel this is our most important league game of the season for so many reasons. We've either got a decent springboard for 4th if we get the 3 points, or might be worried about bottom 6 if we lose.

JamesHFC
16-02-2023, 03:12 PM
You just feel this is our most important league game of the season for so many reasons. We've either got a decent springboard for 4th if we get the 3 points, or might be worried about bottom 6 if we lose.

Win our next two games against Killie & Livi and I think we will reach top 6 quite comfortably.

Crunchie
16-02-2023, 03:51 PM
The recent cup win aside, Killie have the worst away record in the league by quite some way. They've only achieved 2 points in their 13 away league games so far.
And Motherwell had a similarly bad home record until last night, it means nothing on the day. I'm hoping their dreadful away record continues though.

JimBHibees
16-02-2023, 06:15 PM
Hibs released images today of him in training.

Good news

Donegal Hibby
16-02-2023, 10:24 PM
Apologies if you have already seen this though maybe some of you haven't , about injuries ahead of the killie .
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-injury-update-could-nisbet-face-kilmarnock-kukharevych-latest-boyle-progress-4030666

Tambo
16-02-2023, 10:41 PM
It's been a long few weeks without Hibs and I'm sure the boys will be up for this.

3 points and some results going for us over the weekend which will set us up nice for a tough game away to Livi.

Will be at work so it's a phone off job then sportscene, hopefully a good turn out.

Donegal Hibby
16-02-2023, 11:27 PM
It's been a long few weeks without Hibs and I'm sure the boys will be up for this.

3 points and some results going for us over the weekend which will set us up nice for a tough game away to Livi.

Will be at work so it's a phone off job then sportscene, hopefully a good turn out.
Hope you really enjoy sportscene btw T :thumbsup:

Garymcl
17-02-2023, 08:25 AM
So looking forward to tomorrow feels a while since I seen my team but only a couple of weeks we are in a decent place and a bit of feel good is back tomorrows game against Killie is huge should be another excellent crowd and hopefully we use this vocally to cheer the boys to another massive three points towards a European place let’s sell the rest of these seats dot count time 🇳🇬:flag::thumbsup:

Onceinawhile
17-02-2023, 10:02 AM
Apologies if you have already seen this though maybe some of you haven't , about injuries ahead of the killie .
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-injury-update-could-nisbet-face-kilmarnock-kukharevych-latest-boyle-progress-4030666

Sounds like no Nisbet or McKirdy to start with - does that mean a start for Josh O'Connor? Or does Cadden move up to right wing?

Magennis might be involved from the bench - just give him another week if he's not fit.

Since452
17-02-2023, 10:09 AM

Only joined the squad for training yesterday. Had been doing work with the physios up until then. LJ rating him 50/50 for tomorrow.

B.H.F.C
17-02-2023, 10:47 AM
Sounds like no Nisbet or McKirdy to start with - does that mean a start for Josh O'Connor? Or does Cadden move up to right wing?

Magennis might be involved from the bench - just give him another week if he's not fit.

Would think it’s more likely that Hoppe will start.

Onceinawhile
17-02-2023, 11:16 AM
Would think it’s more likely that Hoppe will start.

Oh aye. Forgot about him! Away over to the players you forgot played for hibs thread.

Donegal Hibby
17-02-2023, 11:19 AM

Probably Mcgeady, Hoppe , Youan up front , while not the strongest frontline we could have I still think it's pretty good O'Connor and Laidlaw on the bench possibly .

Hibernian Verse
17-02-2023, 11:33 AM
Probably Mcgeady, Hoppe , Youan up front , while not the strongest frontline we could have I still think it's pretty good O'Connor and Laidlaw on the bench possibly .

I'd love for us to be 3-0 up and comfortable so Laidlaw can get a run

Billy Whizz
17-02-2023, 12:13 PM
Think for anyone using the tram tomorrow, I’ve got a feeling it stops at the West End, and doesn’t go to St Andrews Square. Can anyone confirm this?

Also are busses going along Princes Street tomorrow

NAE NOOKIE
17-02-2023, 12:44 PM
Was fair enthused after the under 19s game a couple of weeks ago, the atmosphere was great and I can't wait to get back to ER tomorrow, such a shame that block 7 will be punted back to the nether regions of the stadium for it, they made all the difference in the FF lower that night.

This is another must win for Hibs, but then they all are at the moment.

Donegal Hibby
17-02-2023, 01:05 PM
Think most of us would love to be 3-0 up and comfortable :greengrin . Wouldn't mind seeing Laidlaw get some minute's either if that happened though thought O'Connor looked lively when he came on against Aberdeen and made a mug out of scales for the penalty too. Would it be fair to say O'Connor is physical stronger than young Laidlaw though?

Since452
17-02-2023, 01:59 PM

Come on it's not Aberdeen we're playing :wink:

PHeffernan
17-02-2023, 02:22 PM
Feels like Laidlaw won't be in the squad until he signs a new contract.
With Nisbet, Magennis and Devlin added we have a full bench so expect only Johnson of the young guns to make tomorrow's match squad.

Onceinawhile
17-02-2023, 02:26 PM
Nisbet, Magennis and Devlin complete a full bench so expect only Johnson of the young guns to make tomorrow's match squad.

O'connor hasn't signed one though?

I'd be really disappointed if we stop including the young guys tbh.

JimBHibees
17-02-2023, 02:34 PM
With Nisbet, Magennis and Devlin added we have a full bench so expect only Johnson of the young guns to make tomorrow's match squad.

Any indication that is the case with Laidlaw as he has been on the bench previously hasn't he.

Mon Dieu4
17-02-2023, 02:59 PM
Think for anyone using the tram tomorrow, I’ve got a feeling it stops at the West End, and doesn’t go to St Andrews Square. Can anyone confirm this?

You are correct, only going to the west end, buses will be going along Princes Street and the good new is Leith Walk is also open in both directions again

PHeffernan
17-02-2023, 03:14 PM
Any indication that is the case with Laidlaw as he has been on the bench previously hasn't he.

Nothing really. He looked so good in the game against Dortmund that I couldn't think of another reason he wouldn't make the squad against Kilmarnock.
He looked far more physically able that night than O'Connor who has been getting the nod ahead of him.
My thought was if he played in the first team and did well it would make contract negotiations far more difficult. What the club can point to is Josh Campbell who has been given an upgraded contract, on the long term one he signed last season, without having to ask for it.

Since posting I have decided to hang my hat on no young player, other than Johnson, will make the bench tomorrow because a senior player would have to drop out. A much less controversial conclusion.

Hibernian Verse
17-02-2023, 03:20 PM
Nothing really. He looked so good in the game against Dortmund that I couldn't think of another reason he won't make the squad against Kilmarnock.
He looked far more physically able than O'Connor who has been getting the nod ahead of him.
Since posting I have will hang my hat on no young player, other than Johnson, will make the bench tomorrow because a senior player would have to drop out.
A much less controversial conclusion.

Do we not need to have 3 x U21s on the bench?

PHeffernan
17-02-2023, 03:35 PM
Do we not need to have 3 x U21s on the bench?

No, had a look at our team and bench in a game pre World Cup and Kenneh and Melkerson where the only under 21's in the squad.
On Saturday I think Murray Johnson will be the only player under 21 in the squad given the return of Magennis and Nisbet and the addition of Devlin.
It could be a rule for European games.

Groathillgrump
17-02-2023, 03:39 PM

Trams have only been running from the West End to the airport all week due to the connection of the overhead power lines on the Trams to Newhaven project. Normal service isn't going to be resumed until Monday.

The tram website says you can complete your journey to Princes Street/St Andrew Square on LRT buses with your tram tickets, Ridacards and Concessionary cards.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2023, 03:42 PM
You are correct, only going to the west end, buses will be going along Princes Street and the good new is Leith Walk is also open in both directions again

Thanks

JimBHibees
17-02-2023, 03:46 PM
Is it right Nisbet only 50 50 for tomorrow?

If so can't see him playing as not sure we should be gambling on him.

Hibernian Verse
17-02-2023, 03:46 PM
I don't think so.
Until recently we didn't have any under 21's on the bench.
It could be a rule for European games.

I'm sure it's a rule. We need to have 3 U21s in the 18 named, it just so happens that some of our established first team are U21 e.g. Fish.

PHeffernan
17-02-2023, 03:52 PM
I'm sure it's a rule. We need to have 3 U21s in the 18 named, it just so happens that some of our established first team are U21 e.g. Fish.

Your right, there needs to be 3 players under 21 in the match day squad of 20 players (not 18).
Will Fish is 20 today. Happy Birthday to him.
Kenneh, Melkerson and Fish were the under 21's in the match day squad for the first half of the season.
Fish, CJ and Johnson are under 21 so would give us 3 under 21's tomorrow.
Thanks for putting me right.

PHeffernan
17-02-2023, 04:04 PM
Is it right Nisbet only 50 50 for tomorrow?

If so can't see him playing as not sure we should be gambling on him.

Yeah, tomorrows game will be shy of only 18 days since he sustained his hamstring injury.
He will be on the bench but LJ will be loathe to play him.
Hopefully between Youan and Hoppe we can get the goals we need without the temptation to turn to Nisbet.
The only fully fit return is Magennis.

B.H.F.C
17-02-2023, 04:08 PM
The match day squad is 20 players.
Will Fish is 22 today. Happy Birthday to him.
Kenneh and Melkerson were the only under 21's in the match day squad for the first half of the season.
Murray Johnson will be the only player under 22 in Saturdays squad.

Fish is 20 today, not 22.

Would imagine there will still be some of McIntyre, O’Connor, Laidlaw or Megwa on the bench as well.

Garymcl
17-02-2023, 04:25 PM
Ok guys who’s all going tomorrow and how many in your party ill start me +3 canny wait hopefully another cracking turnout for charge towards Europe ggtth

PHeffernan
17-02-2023, 04:26 PM
Fish is 20 today, not 22.

Would imagine there will still be some of McIntyre, O’Connor, Laidlaw or Megwa on the bench as well.

So he is, as is CJ, senior moment!

Thought the match day squad tomorrow would be the 19 available senior players plus Johnson.
If Nisbet and Devlin are on the bench which senior player do you think will drop out of the squad to accommodate the young guys you have suggested?

B.H.F.C
17-02-2023, 04:41 PM
So he is, as is CJ, senior moment!

Thought the squad tomorrow would be the 19 available senior players plus Johnson.
If Nisbet and Devlin are on the bench which senior player do you think will drop out of the squad to accommodate the young guys you have suggested?

From last game you have McKirdy not there and think Nisbet replaces him. No sure JDH will be back in and not sure there is much point in having Lewis Miller on the bench as well as Cadden/CJ depending on who plays. Could easily leave Tavares out as looks to have no intention of playing him. Think at least 1 possibly 2 of the outfield youngsters will be on bench.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2023, 05:00 PM
Yeah, tomorrows game will be shy of only 18 days since he sustained his hamstring injury.
Hopefully between Youan and Hoppe we can get the goals we need without the temptation to turn to Nisbet.

You shouldn’t be risking any player with any hamstring injury
It’s 2 weeks to the next game after Saturday, get KN fit for Livvi away

Hibby70
17-02-2023, 05:03 PM
Just had a look at ticket sales on the map and it's looking very healthy.

Donegal Hibby
17-02-2023, 05:09 PM
We have more than enough to beat killie with Youan , Hoppe and Mcgeady without risking a long term injury at this stage.

.Sean.
17-02-2023, 05:20 PM
We’ll surely be opening the south stand at this rate?

PHeffernan
17-02-2023, 05:30 PM
From last game you have McKirdy not there and think Nisbet replaces him. No sure JDH will be back in and not sure there is much point in having Lewis Miller on the bench as well as Cadden/CJ depending on who plays. Could easily leave Tavares out as looks to have no intention of playing him. Think at least 1 possibly 2 of the outfield youngsters will be on bench.

Tavares has been on the bench all season but as you say with absolutely no intention of playing him. I expect to see him there again tomorrow.
Leaving Miller out for the reason you give and adding Laidlaw makes good sense.

PHeffernan
17-02-2023, 05:36 PM

Agreed, don't know why LJ didn't just say that.
The Livingston game is followed by a midweek game against Rangers so why suggest taking risks.

ancient hibee
17-02-2023, 05:39 PM
Agreed, don't know why LJ didn't just say that.
The Livingston game is followed by a midweek game against Rangers so why suggest taking risks.

Why give Killie pointers to what our team may be?

PHeffernan
17-02-2023, 06:07 PM

They know Nisbet injured his hamstring 17 days ago.
A mild hamstring injury takes 3 weeks minimum to repair.
They won't need any pointers.

Franck Stanton
17-02-2023, 06:39 PM
Fully fit Magennis? No such animal. Even if he does start the game chances are he will be injured before 20 min have passed.
Fully fit ma arse.

Since452
17-02-2023, 06:50 PM

What could go wrong?...

Hibernian Verse
17-02-2023, 07:06 PM
What could do wrong?...

If there’s a violinist pre match then we may as well turn around the go home. 1-0 Killie.

Since452
17-02-2023, 07:18 PM
If there’s a violinist pre match then we may as well turn around the go home. 1-0 Killie.

😂😂

PHeffernan
17-02-2023, 07:22 PM
Fully fit Magennis? No such animal. Even if he does start the game chances are he will be injured before 20 min have passed.
Fully fit ma arse.

:wink:

Ringothedog
18-02-2023, 07:53 AM
We’ll surely be opening the south stand at this rate?

There are just over 1000 tickets available in our 3 stands

JimBHibees
18-02-2023, 09:12 AM
Would imagine the pitch won't be great after the rain overnight. Huge game and opportunity to get an important three points. Killie will be buoyed by cup win against United. Their form is very up and down and an early goal would help of course. Thought they were very good in the semi final. Big challenge which we will need to match physically. Beaton as ref is a worry.

KdyHby
18-02-2023, 09:12 AM
Good to see Hibs featuring in one of the match sponsors website: https://www.akd.net/people/meet-akds-managing-director-keith-groom/

Garymcl
18-02-2023, 09:46 AM
Looking like another healthy attendance from us hibbys so proud what a support canny wait

18-02-2023, 10:20 AM

What by saying Nisbet might play and he might not?

Since452
18-02-2023, 12:34 PM
There are just over 1000 tickets available in our 3 stands

That's not a lot for walk ups really. Looking a very healthy crowd. Probably won't get any mention on Sportsound.