PDA

View Full Version : DTS - Lee Johnson & Ben Kensell | What’s going on at Hibs | Why Didn’t We Sack LJ? |

DTS
13-02-2023, 06:01 PM
🆕🎙️ Lee Johnson & Ben Kensell | What’s going on at Hibs | Why Didn’t We Sack LJ? | EP153 🎙️🆕

- Board Level Structure 👔
- Transfer Window Review💰
- Director of Football Update 🤝🏻
- Development Team📈
- Why Should Fans Stay Onside?🙏🏻

📺: https://youtu.be/Kc4n6SQh-g8

JohnM1875
13-02-2023, 07:33 PM
Well done, guys. Thought they both come across really well and were honest throughout. Trouble is they usually are.

Disappointed we're not as far on as I'd have liked in the DoF appointment though.

DTS
13-02-2023, 07:55 PM
Well done, guys. Thought they both come across really well and were honest throughout. Trouble is they usually are.

Disappointed we're not as far on as I'd have liked in the DoF appointment though.

Cheers John, think they answered some difficult questions well

Donegal Hibby
13-02-2023, 09:58 PM
🆕🎙️ Lee Johnson & Ben Kensell | What’s going on at Hibs | Why Didn’t We Sack LJ? | EP153 🎙️🆕

- Board Level Structure 👔
- Transfer Window Review💰
- Director of Football Update 🤝🏻
- Development Team📈
- Why Should Fans Stay Onside?🙏🏻

📺: https://youtu.be/Kc4n6SQh-g8
Couldn't get your link to work so will put this one up that i think is a different .Hope that's ok ?.
https://youtu.be/lCsM-j2nJh0

matty_f
13-02-2023, 10:16 PM
Couldn't get your link to work so will put this one up that i think is a different .Hope that's ok ?.
https://youtu.be/lCsM-j2nJh0

That one’s Strong Opinion Hibs. :aok:

thebausburst
13-02-2023, 10:18 PM
That was a great listen well done lads, so good to see the questions fans want answered put to the main men.

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2023, 12:47 AM
Good watch that.

Personally I would have made a bigger issue of the two derby results, while accepting that the cup game was never a 0 - 3 match given what Hibs put into it 0 - 3 it was all the same. Lee Johnson almost lumped them into the learning curve category in a way, but for me any Hibs fan with a chance to quiz the clubs manager should never miss a chance to make the point that derby defeats are never acceptable, or the fact that we have far too many of them. Ben Kensell as well should be left in no doubt that losing to Hearts is a massive deal ... to be blunt, a run of say 8 games undefeated in 10 is a decent run of form, but if those two defeats are to Hearts that run loses a lot of its positive impact .. If Kensell is looking for positivity from the fans he'll get a whole lot of it with a win in the next derby.

The other thing was the league cup .... being knocked out in the group stage was a totally unacceptable embarrassment and it should never be allowed to happen again ... you simply can't treat one of the only two competitions we can ever realistically have a chance of winning as a pre season run about.

Anyway ......... onwards and upwards :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
14-02-2023, 06:29 AM
Kinda enjoyed that, thanks for sharing.

LJ made some sense for a change and it was decent of BK to put himself forward after a long silence I suppose.

Asking for positivity was pretty cringe though. Keep winning games and we’ll all be more positive.

Hibs90
14-02-2023, 07:08 AM
Yeah should’ve made a bigger deal out of the two Hearts games and the league cup exit.

Would have liked to see someone ask about Youan on a permanent too even though they probably wouldn’t have said much.

Pretty Boy
14-02-2023, 07:45 AM
Interesting listen.

I'm not sure you can ever really cajole or encourage positivity from your average punter. Win football matches and generate a bit of excitement with your performances and fans will, for the most part, be positive. The added bonus is all the other criticisms about stuff not related or only indirectly related to the first team either disappears or goes on the back burner. Most fans only really care about winning games and other criticisms stem from not winning them and the longer you go without winning the more traction they gain.

There are a couple of points that could maybe have been pushed a bit further, particularly around the derby defeats, but it's easy to criticise from the outside. I've been involved in these interviews and others like them before and it's fine line between being challenging and remaining polite and respectful, you tend to get more from knowing where to draw the line. If you stray into angry, ranting fan territory those being interviewed can clam up very quickly and the chances of getting another chance to do the same again are reduced.

Since452
14-02-2023, 07:54 AM
Listened on way to work this morning. Enjoyed it. Can't fail to be impressed by JL's honesty. Find him very likeable.

patlowe
14-02-2023, 08:36 AM
Listened on way to work this morning. Enjoyed it. Can't fail to be impressed by JL's honesty. Find him very likeable.

Agreed - uses Brentish language sometimes but never shirks a question and seems almost pathologically open.

BK on the other hand is a lot more slippery to me, though I suppose you could argue his role requires that to some extent. Great he puts himself up for these things but it was LJ who brought the real insight IMO.

Trinity Hibee
14-02-2023, 08:37 AM
Appreciate the explanation around preparing for the summer which is understandable and hopefully does put us in a good position for the summer window. Shows there is some forward planning.

You’d like to think it should allow us to get new players in early ish in the summer so we can hit the ground running at the start of next season.

Myself, now the derbies defeats are in the past, I’m hoping we can make a good go of the rest of the season. Maybe get 4th(?) and maybe a derby win before end of season. We need to build momentum into next season now.

Also really enjoyed the format of this episode. Maybe have guests on more regularly?

Iain G
14-02-2023, 08:56 AM
Agreed - uses Brentish language sometimes but never shirks a question and seems almost pathologically open.

BK on the other hand is a lot more slippery to me, though I suppose you could argue his role requires that to some extent. Great he puts himself up for these things but it was LJ who brought the real insight IMO.

BK sold all the others on the call a watch by the end of the interview!

DTS
14-02-2023, 08:58 AM
Glad everyone seems to have enjoyed and appreciate the comments mainly around the derby performances. It’s something we probably would have probed on but a few factors meant we didn’t. 1. We were tight for time and actually ran over anyway. 2. We had fully prepped for just BK, LJ was an appreciated extra as he mentioned right at the start. As Pretty Boy said we do need to try and stay polite and professional (unlike our usual eps in all honesty). Personally think we asked quite probing and difficult questions, we were actually a bit shocked at how apologetic they were to previous mistakes, that makes it harder to then follow up with more anger if that makes sense

DTS
14-02-2023, 09:00 AM
Appreciate the explanation around preparing for the summer which is understandable and hopefully does put us in a good position for the summer window. Shows there is some forward planning.

You’d like to think it should allow us to get new players in early ish in the summer so we can hit the ground running at the start of next season.

Myself, now the derbies defeats are in the past, I’m hoping we can make a good go of the rest of the season. Maybe get 4th(?) and maybe a derby win before end of season. We need to build momentum into next season now.

Also really enjoyed the format of this episode. Maybe have guests on more regularly?

We’d love to have guests in more regularly, unfortunately we’ve struggled in recent months with that. In our earlier days we have spoke with Joe Tortolano, Ivan Sproule, Jake Doyle Hayes and a few others if you haven’t checked them out

Since452
14-02-2023, 09:20 AM

:agree: I thought Kensell could have answered a couple of questions himself instead of throwing them LJ's way. Credit to LJ though. Came across very well.

GreenGray
14-02-2023, 09:24 AM
For some reason I just don’t trust or like Kensell that much. Find him quite arrogant and although he did skirt around the fact they’ve made mistakes he never really truly admitted them. Also struggled to seem to take criticism, he says results were good at the start of the season, is he forgetting the league cup?

Says they’ve been “proven right” by keeping Johnson, I wouldn’t go that far yet.

Johnson was honest though and came across pretty well I thought.

I thought the questions asked were good and challenged them, so well done there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenGray
14-02-2023, 09:26 AM
:agree: I thought Kensell could have answered a couple of questions himself instead of throwing them LJ's way. Credit to LJ though. Came across very well.

I did wonder if Kensell brought Johnson along to take some of the heat off him.

Danderhall Hibs
14-02-2023, 09:29 AM
Anyone else think BK sounds like Clive Woodward?

MagicSwirlingShip
14-02-2023, 09:42 AM
Enjoyed that gents. Looking forward to the young lads contract announcements, following a few of them on loan and the appointment of the DOF over the next few months.

Trinity Hibee
14-02-2023, 09:45 AM
Glad everyone seems to have enjoyed and appreciate the comments mainly around the derby performances. It’s something we probably would have probed on but a few factors meant we didn’t. 1. We were tight for time and actually ran over anyway. 2. We had fully prepped for just BK, LJ was an appreciated extra as he mentioned right at the start. As Pretty Boy said we do need to try and stay polite and professional (unlike our usual eps in all honesty). Personally think we asked quite probing and difficult questions, we were actually a bit shocked at how apologetic they were to previous mistakes, that makes it harder to then follow up with more anger if that makes sense

100% agree

Rick Rude
14-02-2023, 10:06 AM
Not sure which of the two podcasts it was (apologies!) but BK seemed to be saying that the decision to get rid of Mathie came from Jack Ross. First time I've heard this. Was it already known?

bingo70
14-02-2023, 10:13 AM
Not sure which of the two podcasts it was (apologies!) but BK seemed to be saying that the decision to get rid of Mathie came from Jack Ross. First time I've heard this. Was it already known?

It was rumoured at the time they didn’t get on and had a falling out.

overdrive
14-02-2023, 10:23 AM
It was rumoured at the time they didn’t get on and had a falling out.

Yep, I vaguely remember that.

Interesting that Ross seems to want to be a Sporting Director now given he wanted rid of one he’d worked under.

That comment must have been on the podcast I didn’t listen to. Think I listened to DTS. But on the one I did listen to, BK made a point of saying they didn’t want a DoF/Sporting Director who told the manager the style of football to play.

I wonder if that was part of the issue between Jack Ross and Mathie. The whole structure Dempster put in place was meant to be that the Head of Football (then Sporting Director) set the type of football the club wanted to play and the Head Coach would be recruited to fit into that so that we didn’t have a churn of players every time there was a change of Head Coach.

I wonder if Mathie and Ross were at odds in terms of the style of football and therefore the type of player that we should be recruiting.

J-C
14-02-2023, 10:28 AM
Yep, have changed my opinion on LJ, thanks lads.

Carheenlea
14-02-2023, 10:35 AM
I enjoyed that listen.

Ben talked about being accused of by the fans of never hearing from him, and he felt that it’s just a case of if there’s anything to say they’ll say it.

I think he needs to do more on that front though, as I think engaging with fans such as via this podcast is a great way to build goodwill and grow confidence and trust from a support who maybe still need convincing. Ideally, you want to get to a stage where you can just work away hard in the background with the support giving you the trust to do so.

I thought Ben spoke well, was engaging to listen to and I’m more confident in his leadership than I was before listening.

I like Lee Johnson and really want him to be a success at Hibs and build something at the club. I think we’re heading in the right direction.

overdrive
14-02-2023, 10:37 AM

Yep, I agree with this. I thought he came across well. I think he came in and bought some of the nonsense ideas from the club around recruitment, e.g. laying out big sums of money by our standards for young unproven players. I think he's realised that isn't the way to go for a club with our limited resources (or rather shouldn't be the focus of our strategy) and wants it changed. I get the impression he wouldn't be shy in making his feelings known to BK and the Board.

I thought BK threw him under the bus a couple of times where BK could have answered himself. Must have been quite awkward for BK answering the question on why LJ hadn't been sacked though.

For all there's something about BK I don't like, I do wonder if he has his hands tied behind his back with the some of the ideas the ownership wanted to implement. I get the impression he maybe wanted to replace Mathie and was told "no". No evidence of this mind, just a hunch.

CapitalGreen
14-02-2023, 10:37 AM
Yep, I vaguely remember that.

Interesting that Ross seems to want to be a Sporting Director now given he wanted rid of one he’d worked under.

That comment must have been on the podcast I didn’t listen to. Think I listened to DTS. But on the one I did listen to, BK made a point of saying they didn’t want a DoF/Sporting Director who told the manager the style of football to play.

I wonder if that was part of the issue between Jack Ross and Mathie. The whole structure Dempster put in place was meant to be that the Head of Football (then Sporting Director) set the type of football the club wanted to play and the Head Coach would be recruited to fit into that so that we didn’t have a churn of players every time there was a change of Head Coach.

I wonder if Mathie and Ross were at odds in terms of the style of football and therefore the type of player that we should be recruiting.

That might have been the “plan” but it was never actually the reality. Lennon to Hecky to Ross isn’t reflective of managers being recruited to fit into a consistent style of play. We also had a massive churn of players. There was noticeable differences in the type of players brought in under each manager compared to their predecessor.

Iain G
14-02-2023, 10:50 AM
Yep, I agree with this. I thought he came across well. I think he came in and bought some of the nonsense ideas from the club around recruitment, e.g. laying out big sums of money by our standards for young unproven players. I think he's realised that isn't the way to go for a club with our limited resources (or rather shouldn't be the focus of our strategy) and wants it changed. I get the impression he wouldn't be shy in making his feelings known to BK and the Board.

I thought BK threw him under the bus a couple of times where BK could have answered himself. Must have been quite awkward for BK answering the question on why LJ hadn't been sacked though.

For all there's something about BK I don't like, I do wonder if he has his hands tied behind his back with the some of the ideas the ownership wanted to implement. I get the impression he maybe wanted to replace Mathie and was told "no". No evidence of this mind, just a hunch.

I always find the use of the term "the owner" as an interesting one? Wonder why they say this and don't often refer to Ron in person?

Steve20
14-02-2023, 11:02 AM
For some reason I just don’t trust or like Kensell that much. Find him quite arrogant and although he did skirt around the fact they’ve made mistakes he never really truly admitted them. Also struggled to seem to take criticism, he says results were good at the start of the season, is he forgetting the league cup?

Says they’ve been “proven right” by keeping Johnson, I wouldn’t go that far yet.

Johnson was honest though and came across pretty well I thought.

I thought the questions asked were good and challenged them, so well done there.

It's worrying he thinks they've been proving right because we've managed to beat Aberdeen and St Mirren. The recent poor results against Ross County, Dundee Utd and the two embarrassing 3-0 loses to Hearts are clearly what we are expected to lap up.

The questions asked were good. Lee Johnson comes across very likeable, but still far from convinced he's someone that will have us challenging for 3rd and winning a cup (two things we should be aiming for every season).

Not impressed with Kensell. Seems unwilling to admit real mistakes and that things are still a long way from being where Hibs should be.

Brightside
14-02-2023, 11:15 AM

Can I ask you a qn JC. Will you change your opinion again if we get beat at the weekend? I'm finding it interesting how quickly the fans opinions are flip flopping week by week and I can't remember it always being like this.

J-C
14-02-2023, 11:51 AM
Can I ask you a qn JC. Will you change your opinion again if we get beat at the weekend? I'm finding it interesting how quickly the fans opinions are flip flopping week by week and I can't remember it always being like this.

I used to think he was a blether that just spouted guff, remember him saying he signed off on all recruitment. It now looks like he was working under the assumption that there would be more 1st team ready players, which he's addressed now. I think the development squad was a nonsense and we've now seen it being dismantled so we have a smaller workable squad.

I like how he admitted mistakes early in the season i and now have some idea into what he's trying to do, still a few question marks, yes I did want him gone after the Hearts Cup game but recent performances have looked a lot better, its a start.

Hibbyradge
14-02-2023, 11:52 AM
I always find the use of the term "the owner" as an interesting one?

It means a person who owns something.

Glad to help.

3pm
14-02-2023, 12:02 PM

Glad to help.

😁

bingo70
14-02-2023, 12:28 PM

I do that 😃

Probably for the best all round I don’t sit on the board at Hibs and in a position to make decisions on managerial changes.

For me, it’s normal though, footballs an emotional game and whilst at times your brain might be telling you what you should be thinking, sometimes it’s hard to overrule your gut.

It’s not just with LJ though, I tried and tried to like Jack Ross as I didnt disagree with a lot of the positive comments about his record. That meant when we had positive results I tried ti force myself to like him more than I actually did.

I think there’s something likeable about LJ, but when we are on a losing run and not playing well, I also think there’s something really annoying about him.

Lago
14-02-2023, 12:34 PM
I thought the questions were well structured and probing and they were certainly difficult questions. Unfortunately some will never accept the current set up with Ron Gordon as owner and Ben as CEO. However I found it interesting and informative, well done ��

basehibby
14-02-2023, 01:01 PM
Well done lads - absorbing interview in which Kensell and Johnson were certainly not given an easy ride. They gave good answers though. Contrary to what others are stating there is a clear admission of error in our approach to recruitment - and a commitment to a new approach which is clearly Bourne out by actions in the recent window.

WhileTheChief..
14-02-2023, 01:02 PM

Not speaking for anyone else but I’m at the stage where I just need to accept that is LJ is here to stay so no point bumping my gums about him each week.

I don’t think he’ll be a success at all though. It’s just words and empty promises we’re getting but at least he’s acknowledged the job is a lot harder than he thought at first.

BK just doesn’t get it and probably never will.

Since452
14-02-2023, 01:11 PM
An interesting bit was JL saying there were things that weren't made public in the transfer window, alluding to bids that had come in for our players and that the club were strong in saying no. Good to hear. Wonder who he ment? We knew about Nisbet and Campbell.

Iain G
14-02-2023, 01:14 PM

Glad to help.

So like a Ron Gordon kind of character then?

Hibbyradge
14-02-2023, 01:33 PM
So like a Ron Gordon kind of character then?

He should be referred to either as "Mr Gordon" with a gentle bow of the head.

Like Mr Romanov and Mrs Budge. Hearts fans know how to fawn. We need to learn from them.

Brightside
14-02-2023, 01:44 PM
Not speaking for anyone else but I’m at the stage where I just need to accept that is LJ is here to stay so no point bumping my gums about him each week.

I don’t think he’ll be a success at all though. It’s just words and empty promises we’re getting but at least he’s acknowledged the job is a lot harder than he thought at first.

That's where I am with LJ. Nothing much will change it. He wouldn't be my choice but we just need to get on with it. Despite what Bingo says it does feel like a lot more people are quicker to flip their opinion on this one. But that my just be my interpretation.

ian cruise
14-02-2023, 01:54 PM
While it's an awful feeling being beaten by Hearts, particularly when they're nowhere near as good as the result suggests, we can't cling on to those results as a stick to beat the management team with.

I read often read on here the hearts are obsessed with us and their results against us define them, latterly it feels like we're the same, with Ross constantly getting berated for not winning the "big games".

We're not great right now, no denying it, however when Johnson came in they said it was a project and might take 5 windows to sort. Sounds like DTS did the right thing not labouring over those results in the conversation.

matty_f
14-02-2023, 02:00 PM
Well done to DtS, Strong Opinion and also Hibs Ramble, who put out a great 45 minute episode. Fair to say they all did the subjects justice. 👏👏

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2023, 02:13 PM
Interesting listen.

I'm not sure you can ever really cajole or encourage positivity from your average punter. Win football matches and generate a bit of excitement with your performances and fans will, for the most part, be positive. The added bonus is all the other criticisms about stuff not related or only indirectly related to the first team either disappears or goes on the back burner. Most fans only really care about winning games and other criticisms stem from not winning them and the longer you go without winning the more traction they gain.

There are a couple of points that could maybe have been pushed a bit further, particularly around the derby defeats, but it's easy to criticise from the outside. I've been involved in these interviews and others like them before and it's fine line between being challenging and remaining polite and respectful, you tend to get more from knowing where to draw the line. If you stray into angry, ranting fan territory those being interviewed can clam up very quickly and the chances of getting another chance to do the same again are reduced.

I absolutely get the concept that there's a line to be drawn when it comes to a respectful approach and the angry fan approach. Been in this situation myself in a work environment where you get to quiz the big boss and have to find a way of calling them a gigantic asshole without actually calling them a gigantic asshole :greengrin

Ben Kensell's wee rant about positivity would have been the open door required, his take that the negativity lasted longer because of the world cup break has some validity, but the fact is both of these derby defeats were after that break and that is the main reason the negativity was prolonged. If Kensell or Johnson need fans ranting in their face with spittle shooting out their mouths to have an awareness that nothing causes negativity or anger like two defeats in derby matches within a month then what the hell are they doing at this club anyway?

They may be able to put results like that into context and look to take a rational approach. As fans that's far harder to do and not only that it's not something we want to be doing .............. So if Ben or Lee are taking a sneaky peak at the feedback on this thread it's quite simple ....... just beat Hearts FFS!!!

Unseen work
14-02-2023, 02:30 PM
Great interview lads and thanks for organising and sharing it!

Don’t think it was worth going on and on about the hearts defeats. It can’t be changed and they know it’s not acceptable, nothing more would have been said than that.

Quite liked Kensell being quite blunt and rubbishing some things that were said, it’s like he’s taken it personally and now out to prove a point.

Johnson came across well, was weird hearing him speak and no gravitas or IQ being mentioned 🤣

I think we could all say “I would have asked this” but realistically they will only say so much about certain situations and yous need to keep a good relationship with them to get the interviews

Iain G
14-02-2023, 02:34 PM
He should be referred to either as "Mr Gordon" with a gentle bow of the head.

Like Mr Romanov and Mrs Budge. Hearts fans know how to fawn. We need to learn from them.

So we call him Dr Mr TheOwner?

KWJ
14-02-2023, 02:41 PM
Enjoyed that gents. Looking forward to the young lads contract announcements, following a few of them on loan and the appointment of the DOF over the next few months.

This was the big thing that I took from it. Really hoping Ethan Laidlaw is one of them and that he gets some game time in the first team soon.

Enjoyed it overall and thanks for making it happen. I did think a couple of questions were asked that we've already gone over but I enjoyed hearing the detailed answer on the transfer window amongst the rest of it.

Good job :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
14-02-2023, 02:47 PM
So we call him Dr Mr TheOwner?

I think you've hit on a very fair compromise.

Top work, Ron's son.

WhileTheChief..
14-02-2023, 03:04 PM

Hibbyradge
14-02-2023, 03:26 PM

What does BK not get?

WhileTheChief..
14-02-2023, 03:41 PM
What does BK not get?

Anything / everything Hibs related.

He still thinks we made good signings and that VAR and injuries are to blame for our gash season. If it ended now he’d probably think it’s been a successful season.

How can he give his wee summary and totally forget to mention the league cup?

Asking fans to be positive? What the actual f is that all about?

He thinks he’s blameless and that we’re all in the wrong. I see it the other way around.

Jim Herriot
14-02-2023, 03:49 PM
Worth watching, and well done to those who arranged it. The questions were tough but asked respectfully. LJ came across well, BK slightly less so. but there seemed to be a good rapport all round. I got a bit annoyed that the camera was so far from them though.

Lago
14-02-2023, 03:51 PM

Glad to help.
Really not difficult to understand.

Iain G
14-02-2023, 03:57 PM
I think you've hit on a very fair compromise.

Top work, Ron's son.

Thanks Dad! :greengrin

Iain G
14-02-2023, 03:59 PM
Really not difficult to understand.

Why don't they refer to him by name then? :confused:

Hibbyradge
14-02-2023, 04:22 PM
Thanks Dad! :greengrin

Shhhhhhh

Hibbyradge
14-02-2023, 04:35 PM
Why don't they refer to him by name then? :confused:

I realise that we know this, but I think it underlines the fact that he's in charge and he decides the direction the club takes.

Possibly, instead of being more familiar by saying "Ron Gordon", it also shows their respect for him.

But I'm guessing, son.

bingo70
14-02-2023, 05:28 PM
Mixu in the mix 👍💚

MIXU PAATELAINEN
MAKE A ****IN SIGNING
NA NA NA NA

The fact we could have a song for him on day 1 would make him the ideal appointment IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
14-02-2023, 07:22 PM
Just listened to all 3. Good stuff, wee bit repetitive due to the nature of it. I thought the Ramble was a good one/the best one - sounded really natural with a few laughs thrown in. Well done everyone.

Alex Trager
14-02-2023, 07:24 PM
I think across the three pods, despite the fairly repetitive nature of the discussions, they ask some different questions.

I am currently enjoying the ramble, they have asked good questions so far

JohnM1875
14-02-2023, 07:27 PM
Just listened to all 3. Good stuff, wee bit repetitive due to the nature of it. I thought the Ramble was a good one/the best one - sounded really natural with a few laughs thrown in. Well done everyone.

Aye, nice wee touch asking about Ron's health at the start as well. You could tell Ben appreciated that and think it kinda opened Ben up more than the other interviews.

CL0762
14-02-2023, 07:45 PM

High praise indeed DH, thanks very much for that. We didn’t know at the time of arranging that both SOH & DTS were getting both Lee & Ben so naturally we didn’t get a chance to cross reference what the others were going to ask.

I think across the three pods, despite the fairly repetitive nature of the discussions, they ask some different questions.

I am currently enjoying the ramble, they have asked good questions so far

Thanks AT, appreciate that.

Aye, nice wee touch asking about Ron's health at the start as well. You could tell Ben appreciated that and think it kinda opened Ben up more than the other interviews.

We felt it was the right thing to do given the news, just even so Ron knows himself from the mouths of supporters that we wish him well.

Alex Trager
14-02-2023, 08:40 PM
High praise indeed DH, thanks very much for that. We didn’t know at the time of arranging that both SOH & DTS were getting both Lee & Ben so naturally we didn’t get a chance to cross reference what the others were going to ask.

Thanks AT, appreciate that.

We felt it was the right thing to do given the news, just even so Ron knows himself from the mouths of supporters that we wish him well.

Just finished the pod. Very good. Enjoyed the last segment with the guys on a more lighter note. Disappointed you never asked the shortbangers one (but I understand Matty would be, rightly, suing for copyright).

New listener from now I think.

Donegal Hibby
14-02-2023, 10:05 PM
I listened to all 3 and thought they were excellent so well done , DTS , SOH and THR 👏. Thought both Ben kensell and Lee Johnson spoke very well and were honest in admitting mistakes have been made in the past . I think sometimes it's not always easy admitting you got it wrong or have made mistake's and hopefully now we will move forward as a club and get a DOF in .

LJ saying it was a harder job than he first thought it was going to be is understandable imo . Also like the way both brought up the VAR decision's that's went against us this year and highlighting the injuries that's hampered LJ this season. Think our results have been good lately Aberdeen , St mirren , Ross county , Livingston and we have played nice football at times as well . Think LJ is the right manager to take us forward .

Interesting when the guy on " The Hibs ramble " says whatever the fee is for Youan just pay it ,you can hear who I think is LJ say good shout, wonder will he be a priority signing ? . Anyhow feeling quite positive for the future of Hibs after that . Think " The Hibs ramble is the only one not on here out of the 3 so incase anyone missed it here it is :aok:.
https://youtu.be/fq0V_OcYwEE

Danderhall Hibs
14-02-2023, 10:09 PM

The code of conduct stuff was interesting - don’t think the others got that out in their interviews. Sounds basic and reading between the lines seems there’s been some issues with attitudes.

CL0762
14-02-2023, 10:55 PM
I listened to all 3 and thought they were excellent so well done , DTS , SOH and THR 👏. Thought both Ben kensell and Lee Johnson spoke very well and were honest in admitting mistakes have been made in the past . I think sometimes it's not always easy admitting you got it wrong or have made mistake's and hopefully now we will move forward as a club and get a DOF in .

LJ saying it was a harder job than he first thought it was going to be is understandable imo . Also like the way both brought up the VAR decision's that's went against us this year and highlighting the injuries that's hampered LJ this season. Think our results have been good lately Aberdeen , St mirren , Ross county , Livingston and we have played nice football at times as well . Think LJ is the right manager to take us forward .

Interesting when the guy on " The Hibs ramble " says whatever the fee is for Youan just pay it ,you can hear who I think is LJ say good shout, wonder will he be a priority signing ? . Anyhow feeling quite positive for the future of Hibs after that . Think " The Hibs ramble is the only one not on here out of the 3 so incase anyone missed it here it is :aok:.
https://youtu.be/fq0V_OcYwEE

Yeah I said it tongue in cheek given that I felt I could make that sort of comment given how the podcast had flowed, but definitely picked up on LJ agreeing.

The code of conduct stuff was interesting - don’t think the others got that out in their interviews. Sounds basic and reading between the lines seems there’s been some issues with attitudes.

I’ve not listened back yet (hate the sound of my own voice) but will need to specifically for this bit, we definitely weren’t expecting something like that to come up.

I took it at the time as a feeling that the players could pretty much do what they wanted at HTC without any consequences. Maybe things like using mobiles in the changing room, being late for training etc. and that a disciplinary procedure either wasn’t adhered to or wasn’t in place full stop under maloney/Ross.

Unseen work
15-02-2023, 08:53 AM
The Hibs Ramble - Another great interview and well done to all involved.

Wonder how long Johnson has been waiting for someone to mention Lionel Ritchie so he could get that joke in 🤣