PDA

View Full Version : It's ***** having nae Hibs

Torto7062
10-02-2023, 08:00 PM
How longs this weekend gonna be....

Might have to watch Scotland v Wales to kill the boredom...

What's everyone else's go to

Lancs Harp
10-02-2023, 08:04 PM
Im having a few beers and watching local club Chesterfield playing Notts County in the Conference league.

hibsfan7
10-02-2023, 08:19 PM
I will be watching TIME FOR HEROES AGAIN

HoboHarry
10-02-2023, 08:24 PM
Ah but it's Superbowl Sunday, hot wings, chips and nacho, beer etc etc. Hangover on Monday.

Lancs Harp
10-02-2023, 08:27 PM
Ah but it's Superbowl Sunday, hot wings, chips and nacho, beer etc etc. Hangover on Monday.

Ive got the day off on Monday on account of Superbowl. Well had a days leave to use up so would be rude not to. Yes ive got the chicken wings in :)

HoboHarry
10-02-2023, 08:28 PM
Ive got the day off on Monday on account of Superbowl. Well had a days leave to use up so would be rude not to. Yes ive got the chicken wings in :)
Chieffffffssssssss.......... :greengrin

Lancs Harp
10-02-2023, 08:30 PM

Im A Lions fan. Late night TV is as close as we get to Superbowl.

Next year next year :)

SJNB Hibby
10-02-2023, 08:34 PM

Patriots

ErinGoBraghHFC
10-02-2023, 08:38 PM

Ah who cares, when does the MLB start back up?[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
10-02-2023, 08:41 PM
Ah who cares, when does the MLB start back up?[emoji16]

March 30th

With Detroit connections I follow the Tigers which isnt quite as painful as following the Lions in tge NFL

The_Exile
10-02-2023, 08:45 PM
Ayr Utd v Elgin for my annual pilgramage to my (2nd) favourite football stadium. Then the Superbowl on Sunday. I'll be fine without the stress of Hibs for a week :greengrin

ErinGoBraghHFC
10-02-2023, 08:47 PM
March 30th

With Detroit connections I follow the Tigers which isnt quite as painful as following the Lions in tge NFL

I follow the Phillies, don’t mind the Tigers too much though

Ringothedog
10-02-2023, 08:49 PM
J….e…..t….s

cabbageandribs1875
10-02-2023, 08:50 PM
the club did have an article for showing the Superbowl on Sunday night/Mon Morning but for some reason they've taken away the link to said article, wonder if it was a slow/no take-up of tickets :dunno:

Super Bowl LVII - Live at The Albion Bar - Hibernian FC (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/events/whats-on/super-bowl-lvii-live-at-the-albion-bar?fbclid=IwAR06Y5BvNcDUMCC613OLnNRoRGt5MUMibGQh9 c31egttIfLTJAkxqp9YqpM)

Super Bowl LVII takes place on Sunday 12 February, take in all the action until 4am at The Albion Bar in Easter Road Stadium!

That's right, we're opening our Sports Bar, The Albion Bar, until 4am for Super Bowl LVII! Join us from 9pm on Sunday 12 February to watch all of the action between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs.
We'll be showing every minute of the match, including the famous half-time show, on our multiple screens so pick a table, get comfy and settle in for a great night of entertainment.
As well as our wide range of beers, spirits, wines and soft drinks, we will be offering a special Super Bowl food menu for you to enjoy until the wee hours. Choose from our All American Juicy Lucy Burger, Hot Dogs with crispy fried onions, Southern Fried Chicken Burgers, Range of Fries, Tobacco Onions and more! Vegetarian options are also available.
This event is ticketed with tickets costing just £5 per person. Book yours now to reserve your spot and get ready to watch Super Bowl LVII in our Sports Bar at Easter Road Stadium.

but anyway, put my bet on Chiefs winning Superbowl away back at the start of the season but i want the Eagles to win, a few ££ will soften the blow if they Don't :)

P.S. fav's

Packers
Jets
Philly

in that order ;)

ErinGoBraghHFC
10-02-2023, 08:52 PM
the club did have an article for showing the Superbowl on Sunday night/Mon Morning but for some reason they've taken away the link to said article, wonder if it was a slow/no take-up of tickets :dunno:

Super Bowl LVII - Live at The Albion Bar - Hibernian FC (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/events/whats-on/super-bowl-lvii-live-at-the-albion-bar?fbclid=IwAR06Y5BvNcDUMCC613OLnNRoRGt5MUMibGQh9 c31egttIfLTJAkxqp9YqpM)

Super Bowl LVII takes place on Sunday 12 February, take in all the action until 4am at The Albion Bar in Easter Road Stadium!

That's right, we're opening our Sports Bar, The Albion Bar, until 4am for Super Bowl LVII! Join us from 9pm on Sunday 12 February to watch all of the action between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs.
We'll be showing every minute of the match, including the famous half-time show, on our multiple screens so pick a table, get comfy and settle in for a great night of entertainment.
As well as our wide range of beers, spirits, wines and soft drinks, we will be offering a special Super Bowl food menu for you to enjoy until the wee hours. Choose from our All American Juicy Lucy Burger, Hot Dogs with crispy fried onions, Southern Fried Chicken Burgers, Range of Fries, Tobacco Onions and more! Vegetarian options are also available.
This event is ticketed with tickets costing just £5 per person. Book yours now to reserve your spot and get ready to watch Super Bowl LVII in our Sports Bar at Easter Road Stadium.

but anyway, put my bet on Chiefs winning Superbowl away back at the start of the season but i want the Eagles to win, a few ££ will soften the blow if they Don't :)

Tobacco onions, ****in sign me up for that

JamesHFC
10-02-2023, 08:52 PM
Round to a mates for the Super Bowl Sunday night. Only started getting into it the last couple of months. Quite like the Bengals.

cabbageandribs1875
10-02-2023, 08:57 PM
Tobacco onions, ****in sign me up for that

the juicy lucy's sound, very appetising

Pagan Hibernia
10-02-2023, 09:09 PM
Hopefully going to have a great weekend.

planting trees, cleaning the house, laundry, baking bread, dance class, lots of sex, yoga, bit of Argentinian league football on tele, pizza and of course the superbowl

IberianHibernian
10-02-2023, 09:43 PM
We`ll have to get used to weekends without Hibs as we won`t be playing at weekends of QF and SF of SC or March international weekend or weekend of LC final . So 2 weekend matches in February ( 1 at home ) and 2 in March ( both away ) . Everyone knows it`s not a typical season with World Cup interrupting season in many countries but it`s only in relatively recent years that no fixtures are scheduled when SC QF or SF are on ( in case of SF it seems like a way of giving an extra week to sort out possible problems before post split fixtures start ) but was it really necessary to drag league season on to last weekend of May after a season with so many weekends without league matches ? Would it not have been better to play cup matches midweek this season at least and finish the season at least 2 weeks earlier than scheduled ? LJ complained about not having a 5 - week pre - season preparation period last year but this year we `ll finish at the end of May or later if in playoffs so 5 weeks before LC group matches or European qualifiers would mean no or very little holiday for players or using LC group matches as part of pre season training which seemed to be what happened last year . Our pitch also looks like it needs a lot of work so the longer the close season the better for that .

Lago
10-02-2023, 09:44 PM
Local Derby, Kirkcaldy and Dysart v Glenrothes, both up pushing for promotion should be a decent game.

10-02-2023, 09:55 PM

P.S. fav's

Packers
Jets
Philly

in that order ;)

Would probably be great if it was a Friday or Saturday night but not so much on a Sunday. But maybe that's just because I'm getting old.

KdyHby
10-02-2023, 11:01 PM
Corporate hospitality at Raith Rovers v Well, followed by watching the rugby

hhibs
11-02-2023, 12:58 AM
Browns,painful,a bit like supporting Hibs

Forza Fred
11-02-2023, 03:32 AM
Decent Saturday night’s sleep for a change…….

Donegal Hibby
11-02-2023, 09:47 AM
Ireland v France 🇳🇬
Bournemouth v Newcastle United 5:30 today 🏁. Few beers later maybe pizza or doner kebabSunday.
Hopefully watching Leeds United beat man u at 2:00 .
4:30 man city v Aston villa . Few beers again later and scampi fries.

Eyrie
11-02-2023, 09:47 AM
Ireland vs France followed by Scotland vs Wales today.

Nothing much tomorrow.

I'm too old to stay up for the SuperBowl so I've taken Monday off instead and will watch it as soon as I get up without knowing the outcome.

Very obvious from my user name who I support and as a further clue I wore my Dawkins jersey (https://store.philadelphiaeagles.com/mens-mitchell-and-ness-brian-dawkins-midnight-green-philadelphia-eagles-1996-legacy-replica-jersey/p-15551276378473+z-75-343431468?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r4c2:po-14) to and from work yesterday.

Up-the-slope
11-02-2023, 10:15 AM
Rugby for me to see if Scotland can actually not puncture the hope its built up :greengrin

Pretty Boy
11-02-2023, 10:21 AM
Leith Athletic v Dunipace at Meadowbank today for me. Bonnyrigg game on Monday and East Stirling on Friday.

It's not Hibs but it will do the job.

Will watch the Superbowl but not hugely invested this year. Miami season fizzled out badly and the Bills have Billsed it so don't have to worry about them winning it (never going to happen).

Bridge hibs
11-02-2023, 10:38 AM
Treating my youngest Daughter to a wee bite to eat at the Cuddie brae, she has been feeling a bit low for a while so Im going to do the Fatherly thing, I hardly ever see her because she is a workaholic and she never stops 💚

Then home to chill and watch the rugby

Wilson
11-02-2023, 10:49 AM
Hopefully going to have a great weekend.

planting trees, cleaning the house, laundry, baking bread, dance class, lots of sex, yoga, bit of Argentinian league football on tele, pizza and of course the superbowl

Pizza sounds good.

hibee-boys
11-02-2023, 10:54 AM
I will be watching TIME FOR HEROES AGAIN

Unbelievably I’ve never seen that🙈 Don’t suppose it’s on the interweb somewhere🤷🏼

Green Reaper
11-02-2023, 10:58 AM
Browns,painful,a bit like supporting Hibs

Dog Pound for me too, feel your pain, supporting the Browns is very much like supporting Hibs

Chorley Hibee
11-02-2023, 10:59 AM
Off to Bellshill Athletic v Glenafton in the Scottish Junior Cup Quarter Finals.

Bellshill 3 divisions below Glenafton so they've done well to get this far.

Record attendance at their new park expected.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2023, 11:25 AM
Stark's Park for me 😀

hibby rae
11-02-2023, 11:36 AM
How longs this weekend gonna be....

Might have to watch Scotland v Wales to kill the boredom...

What's everyone else's go to

Hibs Women play East Fife tomorrow 4pm ko at Meadowbank in the Scottish Cup. :agree::agree:

Green Reaper
11-02-2023, 11:39 AM
Hammers v Chelsea now (C'Mon you Irons!) then Scotland in the rugby

Billy Whizz
11-02-2023, 11:43 AM
It’s not just having no game this weekend, still hurting that we’re out the cup in the 1st round we entered

Up-the-slope
11-02-2023, 11:48 AM
Stark's Park for me 😀

that sounds good.. keeping an eye on how Ian Murray is doing

Wheat Hound
11-02-2023, 11:50 AM
It’s not just having no game this weekend, still hurting that we’re out the cup in the 1st round we entered

Both cups too.

Can't remember the last season where that happened?

JohnM1875
11-02-2023, 12:11 PM
A wee training video if you're missing Hibs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAvpsQ2ggHQ&ab_channel=HibernianFootballClub

Up-the-slope
11-02-2023, 12:21 PM

:aok: thanks for that - good to see so many youngsters involved in sessions and the constant positive push to play forward

Pagan Hibernia
11-02-2023, 02:01 PM
Both cups too.

Can't remember the last season where that happened?

2010/11. beaten by Kilmarnock in the league cup and Ayr in the Scottish. Awful Hibs team that was.

Borderhibbie76
11-02-2023, 02:01 PM

It's not great at all but on plus side the squad is so stretched with injuries it's probably a good thing we have so few matches the next four weeks or so

Pagan Hibernia
11-02-2023, 02:02 PM
Pizza sounds good.

:greengrin:top marks

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2023, 02:16 PM

good insight, i thought they just drank tea, played on the Xbox and generally lounged about at training :greengrin

Jones28
11-02-2023, 02:16 PM
Rugby soothing the pain. Excellent game between Ireland and France on ITV.

NAE NOOKIE
11-02-2023, 03:29 PM
Superbowl for me, been a fan of the American football since CH4 started showing it in the 80s and never miss the Superbowl ... Nae dug in Sunday's fight though, Jets fan for my sins, so bad they haven't been on any of Channel 5's live games all season and obviously didn't make the playoffs. In fact so bad for years I can't even recall ever seeing them in a live televised match :greengrin

Tell you what though, I enjoyed the under 19s game on Tuesday so much, especially the atmosphere, I'm fair looking forward to our next home game, shame Block 7 wont be back behind the goals for that one.

Eyrie
11-02-2023, 03:32 PM
Hibs Women play East Fife tomorrow 4pm ko at Meadowbank in the Scottish Cup. :agree::agree:

Didn't realise that was on our Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWV1YSBBskU) so that's tomorrow sorted.

Tickets available (https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets/SelectType?fixtureId=2492) for those who want their Hibs fix in person.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2023, 05:42 PM
that sounds good.. keeping an eye on how Ian Murray is doing

Was a decent cup tie. Really impressed with the way Murray managed a threadbare squad this week over 210 minutes of cup football.

My partner is still on the ceiling telling everyone that the treble is still on 😀

DH1875
11-02-2023, 06:39 PM
I'm stuck in the house tomorrow watching the Superbowl on my own. Hopefully a couple of you will be on the NFL thread in the event that something happens that needs talked about lol.

dmc1875
11-02-2023, 06:49 PM
J….e…..t….s

Only correct answer here. Same colours and same ability to kick you when you’re down and give you false hope

Jonnyboy
11-02-2023, 07:19 PM
Was a decent cup tie. Really impressed with the way Murray managed a threadbare squad this week over 210 minutes of cup football.

My partner is still on the ceiling telling everyone that the treble is still on 😀

Murray has them playing good passing football that’s great to watch. They thoroughly deserved their win today didn’t they ✅

greenhenry
11-02-2023, 07:20 PM
Plenty of Hibs the morn, as a couple of folk have already pointed out. AND it's a cup tie. Only 8 quid to get in at Meadowbank, mon down and see some goals.

https://twitter.com/HibernianWomen

snedzuk
12-02-2023, 02:10 PM

Bit disappointed no-one set their head on fire.

Up-the-slope
12-02-2023, 09:29 PM

good choice :greengrin... have many happy memories of starks park (born and bred fifer who moved to Edinburgh @ 12)

Will never forget Ibrox when Raith beat Celtic in cup final... best ever football day out after Hibs SC

Garymcl
13-02-2023, 09:33 AM
Don’t like weekends without my hibs fix canny wait for this Saturday against killie with all these hibbys also like myself needing to see the the Hibees should be another excellent attendance let’s get these seats taken up and get behind the boys for a push for European spot canny wait :thumbsup::flag: