PDA

View Full Version : Will Fish

h1bs4life
04-02-2023, 05:56 PM
Another very good performance from the big lad today . Type of no nonsense centre half we have been needing for years . Does the simple things wins headers , tackles
Distribution might not be the best at times but he always looks to play short pass to someone better than him on the ball if not he clears his lines
Defence looks a lot more solid since he has started playing centre half

Percy Vere
04-02-2023, 06:05 PM
Have to agree
Pleased for him

Gmack7
04-02-2023, 06:07 PM
If he hadn't made the mistake at tiny it would have been faultless, he's settled in well

JohnM1875
04-02-2023, 06:08 PM
Looks a good player. Great in the air and decent enough on the deck.

Crunchie
04-02-2023, 06:21 PM
Another very good performance from the big lad today . Type of no nonsense centre half we have been needing for years . Does the simple things wins headers , tackles
Distribution might not be the best at times but he always looks to play short pass to someone better than him on the ball if not he clears his lines
Defence looks a lot more solid since he has started playing centre half
:top marks

JamesHFC
04-02-2023, 06:23 PM
Starting to look good. I prefer Cadden at RB, I think E-R will end up stepping in for Hanlon but that should be 3 clean sheets in a week so I wouldn't be rushing into dropping either of them.

bingo70
04-02-2023, 06:26 PM
If he hadn't made the mistake at tiny it would have been faultless, he's settled in well

He was poor against Dundee Utd too (think that was the game after the derby, possibly subbed at half time again?)

Since then though he’s like a different player, absolutely superb since and I thought today was a horrible game for him against a physical streetwise striker in really tough conditions and he absolutely strolled it.

I can’t believe I’m saying this after what I said about him a few weeks ago but I wonder if we can get him on a permanent deal from next season?

Billy Whizz
04-02-2023, 06:35 PM
Starting to look good. I prefer Cadden at RB, I think E-R will end up stepping in for Hanlon but that should be 3 clean sheets in a week so I wouldn't be rushing into dropping either of them.

Hanlon was outstanding today, not getting replaced anytime soon
EG did well at right back, I’m not convinced he’s tall enough to play centre back in the Premiership

Hillsidehibby
04-02-2023, 06:37 PM

I have nearly forgiven him!

Winston Ingram
04-02-2023, 06:37 PM

I thought we looked far more solid without Cadden. There. I thought Egan-Riley was excellent.

Mikey_1875
04-02-2023, 06:40 PM
Looks to be forming a good partnership with Paul. I certainly feel a bit more confident with crosses coming into the box. Seems to get his head on everything.

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2023, 06:42 PM
Us needing a no nonsense centre for years is becoming the new we've needed a no nonsense defensive midfielder for years.

LewysGot2
04-02-2023, 07:37 PM
EG did well at right back, I’m not convinced he’s tall enough to play centre back in the Premiership

Hanlon absolutely was. That huddy Main was bossed by him all game.

Leith Green
04-02-2023, 07:46 PM
A few of our players seem to be playing noticeably better and look more confident and assured than they did when Porteous was playing.. Wonder if they were worried about getting pelters from Porteous if they made a mistake, or it could just be a coincidence.. Feel we look more like a team , more of a unit recently

JimBHibees
04-02-2023, 07:49 PM
I thought we looked far more solid without Cadden. There. I thought Egan-Riley was excellent.

Agree though would caveat that with will need to see them when weather not awful with strong winds. Definitely looked more solid in the last week and really annoying the joke decision on Tuesday should have been three clean sheets. Cadden is very poor defensively at full back..

Lago
04-02-2023, 07:58 PM
:aok:
Us needing a no nonsense centre for years is becoming the new we've needed a no nonsense defensive midfielder for years.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2023, 08:10 PM

And we have them now in Fish and Jeggo, and what a difference already.

JimBHibees
04-02-2023, 08:17 PM

Yep both have been very promising in the last week.

Iain G
04-02-2023, 08:19 PM
He was poor against Dundee Utd too (think that was the game after the derby, possibly subbed at half time again?)

Since then though he’s like a different player, absolutely superb since and I thought today was a horrible game for him against a physical streetwise striker in really tough conditions and he absolutely strolled it.

I can’t believe I’m saying this after what I said about him a few weeks ago but I wonder if we can get him on a permanent deal from next season?

Think he signed a long term deal with Man Utd before.he came up on loan? Maybe we could get him in for another year?

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2023, 09:24 PM
A few of our players seem to be playing noticeably better and look more confident and assured than they did when Porteous was playing.. Wonder if they were worried about getting pelters from Porteous if they made a mistake, or it could just be a coincidence.. Feel we look more like a team , more of a unit recently

Could be something in that mate. It wouldn't be the first time a high profile player has left a club and the team has actually played better. Not because he himself was a bad player, but simply because the group dynamic has gotten better.

B.H.F.C
04-02-2023, 09:25 PM
Really impressed. Improvement on Rocky for me.

Stuarty1875
04-02-2023, 09:34 PM
Easy to forget he is only 19 with only 10 first games under his belt. Really impressive display again.

Thought the comments in the below link from Troy Deeney about Man Utd youth players was quite interesting.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-troy-deeney-hannibal-26041028

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2023, 09:34 PM

You think Fish and Jeggo are players we've been missing for years?

Since452
04-02-2023, 10:04 PM
Fish and Hanlon look solid. Taken me by surprise. Fair play.

Unseen work
04-02-2023, 10:05 PM
Him and Hanlon have been brilliant.

Zero chances, defend well and play minimal passes before getting the ball forward.

He’s the sort of loan I hope falls in love with the club and then is more open to a permanent move.

Leith Green
04-02-2023, 10:12 PM
Fish and Hanlon look solid. Taken me by surprise. Fair play.

Taken everyone by surprise to be honest

Bobby's Cinema
04-02-2023, 10:18 PM
Great to hear. What a bonus if he continues to step us with good performances.

brydekirk
04-02-2023, 10:20 PM
This

Hibee Mac
04-02-2023, 10:39 PM
Really chuffed for the young man. Seems a good bloke and a really solid defender.

No nonsense defender and has a great header on him. Let's keep some more clean sheets please.

Heisenberg
05-02-2023, 05:26 AM
I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how good he’s been in the last week. Hopefully more to come.

LustForLeith
05-02-2023, 07:08 AM
Hibs fans realising that players shouldn’t be judged after one or two games shocker

Northernhibee
05-02-2023, 08:18 AM
Another player I was completely wrong about. Thought a guy who couldn’t get a game in non league football last season was an insane signing but he looks promising. Fair play to him.

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-02-2023, 08:46 AM
One goal conceded in three games with Hanlon/Fish. Seven in previous three.

Greenworld
05-02-2023, 08:55 AM
Starting to look good. I prefer Cadden at RB, I think E-R will end up stepping in for Hanlon but that should be 3 clean sheets in a week so I wouldn't be rushing into dropping either of them.Cadden was the weak link at right back he is better further up the pitch

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2023, 09:25 AM
You think Fish and Jeggo are players we've been missing for years?

Obviously not the actual players, but the roles that they play.

Percy Vere
05-02-2023, 09:32 AM
Cadden was the weak link at right back he is better further up the pitch

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Porteous (dare I say) was a bit culpable at times.
Maybe Cadden trying to plug gaps.

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2023, 09:43 AM
Obviously not the actual players, but the roles that they play.

When did we start lacking a no nonsense center half?

Certainly not when we had McGregor. He started playing less the season we finished 3rd. We had the 3rd best defense so not then. Last season we also had the 3rd best defense, so not then either?

So ''years'' is probably since the start of this season.

Our forward play is what has been letting us down for years, not our defending.

Fish is doing well so far. He isn't a better player than Porteous, though.

LewysGot2
05-02-2023, 10:16 AM

Im not 100 percent sure about that last bit. I guess time will tell.

Libby Hibby
05-02-2023, 10:28 AM
When did we start lacking a no nonsense center half?

Certainly not when we had McGregor. He started playing less the season we finished 3rd. We had the 3rd best defense so not then. Last season we also had the 3rd best defense, so not then either?

So ''years'' is probably since the start of this season.

Maybe not a better footballer but there is an argument that Fish is a better defender.

B.H.F.C
05-02-2023, 10:29 AM
Fish a big part of the defensive improvement. Distribution not the greatest but he knows how to defend. Couple of misjudgements yesterday but was quick enough to recover. Defence, again, much better and calmer minus Rocky for me.

Diclonius
05-02-2023, 10:32 AM
Mon the Fish

Springbank
05-02-2023, 10:33 AM
Maybe not a better footballer but there is an argument that Fish is a better defender.

Agree- Porteous has serious potential but potential doesn't win a Derby. Better defending does.

J-C
05-02-2023, 10:39 AM

He's 6ft tall, 1 inch taller than Hanlon.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2023, 04:43 PM
He's 6ft tall, 1 inch taller than Hanlon.

Paul is actually 6ft 2in, his wiki etc saying he’s 5ft 11, which he’s isn’t

Wilson
13-02-2023, 04:47 PM

Just when he jumps.

J-C
13-02-2023, 07:03 PM

You better tell Hibs official site then as they have him listed at 180cm which is 5'11".