PDA

View Full Version : Referee Watch

Ardenttwo
04-02-2023, 05:22 PM
Though todays referee was spot on. One of the best I have seen for a while. Let the game flow

JimBHibees
04-02-2023, 05:35 PM
Though todays referee was spot on. One of the best I have seen for a while. Let the game flow

Agree sensible and seemed to try and have some chat with players unlike most of the others

H18 SFR
04-02-2023, 05:39 PM
I’d like to see the challenge on McKirdy again - the cross bar completely blocked my view so can’t suggest that the ref missed something but by the looks of it he potentially could have.

JimBHibees
04-02-2023, 05:41 PM
I’d like to see the challenge on McKirdy again - the cross bar completely blocked my view so can’t suggest that the ref missed something but by the looks of it he potentially could have.

Just twisted his ankle no player near him

HarpOnHibee
04-02-2023, 05:41 PM
Hadn't even heard of Matthew MacDermid up to now. Likely won't again, after overseeing a Hibs victory away from home.

cabbageandribs1875
04-02-2023, 05:46 PM

st mirren player nowhere near him, came down on his right foot and just collapsed

H18 SFR
04-02-2023, 05:55 PM
st mirren player nowhere near him, came down on his right foot and just collapsed

Thanks. I had wondered if a player had crunched his Achilles.

H18 SFR
04-02-2023, 07:58 PM
Just watched sportscene. Hopefully he will be fine for the Killie game.

EGL2000
04-02-2023, 08:01 PM
Yup agree, credit when it's due. Don't often see such a good performance from the refs up here.

Carheenlea
04-02-2023, 08:15 PM
Hopefully he will be allowed to continue to referee games in the manner we saw today, and not get dragged down the levels of making sure you’re the centre of attention and thinking the spectators have paid to come along specifically to watch you.

A referee just refereeing without too much fuss. It’ll never catch on..

staunchhibby
04-02-2023, 09:09 PM
Nice to see a ref playing the advantage rule when necessary.

Donegal Hibby
04-02-2023, 09:22 PM
Thought the referee was pretty good today though was surprised that O'Hara wasn't booked for persistent fouling

Ryan91
04-02-2023, 09:28 PM
Just watched sportscene. Hopefully he will be fine for the Killie game.

Video on Hibs twitter from the dressing room after the have with the gaffer giving Lewy a special shirt for his 450 league appearances and McKirdy is in a boot and on crutches.

That's not what you want to see

Hibee Mac
04-02-2023, 10:35 PM
Agree the ref was good for a change, and that's not just because we won. Let the game flow and never fell for any play acting or silly wee niggly fouls or gamesmanship.

Every other ref in Scotland should take note, that's how it's done.

He was let down by the linesmen a couple of times still though. The one where the lino flagged for offside after it came off a st mirren player, I mean where do they find these guys even your average punter know that rule.

greenlex
06-02-2023, 10:58 AM
I know this isn’t what this thread is about but thought I’d big up the ref at Tyncastle on Saturday. Booked Ginelli for time wasting then promptly booked him again sending him off when he sarcastically clapped the original booking. Well played sir.

weecounty hibby
06-02-2023, 11:23 AM
I know this isn’t what this thread is about but thought I’d big up the ref at Tyncastle on Saturday. Booked Ginelli for time wasting then promptly booked him again sending him off when he sarcastically clapped the original booking. Well played sir.

Michael Stewart had a right rant about it. Claimed Ginelli wasn't wasting time and the ref should have shown a bit of understanding. Thought it was a terrible decision. I disagree. More of that and that **** will stop

Carheenlea
06-02-2023, 01:11 PM
Michael Stewart had a right rant about it. Claimed Ginelli wasn't wasting time and the ref should have shown a bit of understanding. Thought it was a terrible decision. I disagree. More of that and that **** will stop

Stewart is using the privilege of his media position to rant as a fan rather than an impartial commentator of our game in recent times.

He’s had a good run at it but it’s probably time he was removed from Sportscene and give someone else a chance who’ll maybe treat the job for what it is. Our national broadcaster, not a club fanzine.

Be a good chance to sweep the broom across Sportsound while we’re at it to remove those guilty of being club cheerleaders for their favourites.

JohnM1875
06-02-2023, 02:30 PM
Stewart is using the privilege of his media position to rant as a fan rather than an impartial commentator of our game in recent times.

He’s had a good run at it but it’s probably time he was removed from Sportscene and give someone else a chance who’ll maybe treat the job for what it is. Our national broadcaster, not a club fanzine.

Be a good chance to sweep the broom across Sportsound while we’re at it to remove those guilty of being club cheerleaders for their favourites.

Michael Stewart hasn't half turned into a grade A walloper.

Ryan91
06-02-2023, 03:19 PM

:agree:

They've cracked down on wasted time by keeping a more accurate track of time to be added on and as such the amount of injury time has now risen.

Time for them to start booking players for deliberate time wasting, especially early on in games, do it enough and players will stop it.

Don't know who the ref at Tynecastle was, but maybe that will be considered a precedent and he'll start doing it in other games, and players will know he doesn't mess about with time-wasters.

SChibs
06-02-2023, 03:29 PM

They've cracked down on wasted time by keeping a more accurate track of time to be added on and as such the amount of injury time has now risen.

Time for them to start booking players for deliberate time wasting, especially early on in games, do it enough and players will stop it.

Don't know who the ref at Tynecastle was, but maybe that will be considered a precedent and he'll start doing it in other games, and players will know he doesn't mess about with time-wasters.

Time wasting by goalies is one of my biggest pet hates in football and every club is guilty of it. The refs need to book them the first time they attempt it and you can guarantee they won't be taking longer than necessary for the rest of the game. I'm fed up seeing the ref having words with goalkeepers 5 or 6 times then eventually booking them in the 85th minute

matty_f
06-02-2023, 11:16 PM
Time wasting by goalies is one of my biggest pet hates in football and every club is guilty of it. The refs need to book them the first time they attempt it and you can guarantee they won't be taking longer than necessary for the rest of the game. I'm fed up seeing the ref having words with goalkeepers 5 or 6 times then eventually booking them in the 85th minute
100% agree. Referees indulge it, they give it the wee point to their watch and occasionally have a word with the goalie to tell them to stop. Rarely is that time added on, though.

Get the card out at the first sign of it, clamp it, and let the game go ahead.

Donegal Hibby
06-02-2023, 11:22 PM
100% agree. Referees indulge it, they give it the wee point to their watch and occasionally have a word with the goalie to tell them to stop. Rarely is that time added on, though.

Get the card out at the first sign of it, clamp it, and let the game go ahead.
Was glad Marshall done abit of it against St mirren though :greengrin

matty_f
06-02-2023, 11:30 PM
Was glad Marshall done abit of it against St mirren though :greengrin

Yeah, it's cool when we do it. :greengrin

JimBHibees
07-02-2023, 05:54 AM
Michael Stewart hasn't half turned into a grade A walloper.

Basically Robbies official mouthpiece

southern hibby
07-02-2023, 06:24 AM
Said for a while if the refs spoke to the teams before the game and told them what is and isn’t acceptable and he would book them for a b and c etc then if he is consistent then they’d soon stop all the tricks.

Irrespective of what the commentators say we need stronger refs to stamp out a lot. But alas when refs start to give the correct decisions agains the weegies in their own back yard that’s when I will believe our refs are actually worthy of their pay.

GGTTH

JasonC1875
07-02-2023, 06:27 AM
Yeah, it's cool when we do it. :greengrin
Agree 100% 😂 Hate nothing more than keepers time wasting but Marshall playing a one two with the sponsor boards against Aberdeen had me cheesing

where'stheslope
07-02-2023, 02:00 PM

Listened in to their game on Saturday, and as soon as United scored they started wasting time, and it got worse when their player was sent off.
I think it was Walsh the ref?
All teams do it even us, but I must agree time wasting is a pain, and should be stamped out!
Have you also noticed, Celtic ball boys get the ball back quickly when its Celtic's ball, but when its the other way they seem to not be able to throw it straight to the opposing player?
Coaching the ball boys to cheat early on, they take all plaudits for fair play and turn it on its head!!!