PDA

View Full Version : Mikey Devlin possible Hibs target

timewilltell
02-02-2023, 01:47 PM
​ Hibs are running the rule over Mickey Devlin as they weigh up whether to offer the former Hamilton and Aberdeen defender a contract.

Unseen work
02-02-2023, 01:53 PM
Beggars belief.

He’s literally the opposite of what Johnson said he wanted

He said someone that’s been playing games so they’re fit, sharp and won’t need time getting upto speed.

We then go for probably the most injury prone defender we could possibly get.

“If we get him fit….” Heard it before

flash
02-02-2023, 01:54 PM
Beggars belief.

He said someone that’s been playing games so they’re fit, sharp and won’t need time getting upto speed.

Rage rage wibble wibble.

Unseen work
02-02-2023, 02:11 PM
Rage rage wibble wibble.

Look forward to seeing you moan when we’re struggling for centre backs 👍🏻

Since452
02-02-2023, 02:15 PM
"It's no secret that we're looking for potentially one more. It could be Michael Devlin. He's in the building at the moment. I know he's had his recent injury history but all reports we've had in terms of his last club have been positive. It's an opportunity for us to have a look at him and him to have a look at us for three or four days."

Sounds fair enough

Heisenberg
02-02-2023, 02:21 PM
Rage rage wibble wibble.

Pretty pish reply to be honest. Everything in the post you’ve quoted is accurate. Another Hibs manager has been let down in another transfer window. Same old ****.

HoboHarry
02-02-2023, 02:25 PM
Beggars belief.

It really doesn't beggar belief. Hes training with us to assess his fitness level no? If they believe there's a problem Hibs won't sign him. It's not difficult.

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-02-2023, 02:32 PM
The contract could be to the end of the season so little risk of having him injured longer term, if he were to unfortunately get injured.

Diclonius
02-02-2023, 02:37 PM
Yaaaaaaaaay.

Unseen work
02-02-2023, 02:38 PM
It really doesn't beggar belief. Hes training with us to assess his fitness level no? If they believe there's a problem Hibs won't sign him. It's not difficult.

We’ve known all season Porteous will leave in January and needs replaced. Rocky then gets injured which emphasises our need for a centre back in.

Quality, ready to start with match fitness, sharpness and playing games recently. All words said by our manager.

You’re right, it’s not difficult.

Yet here we are, transfer window has closed and we’re left looking at free agents. This one in particular has played 4 games this season, 2 the season before that.

Johnson said time and time again what he wanted, similar to Jack Ross when he needed a new centre back.

Hibbyradge
02-02-2023, 02:39 PM
The contract could be to the end of the season so little risk of having him injured longer term, if he were to unfortunately get injured.

There's a chance that he won't get a game anyway.

We've got 14 games left and he's not going to be a starter if Hanlon, Fish and CJ are fit, not to mention the youngsters.

Oscar T Grouch
02-02-2023, 02:39 PM
https://www.irishnews.com/sport/footballsoccer/2023/02/02/lee_johnson_hands_michael_devlin_chance_to_earn_co ntract_at_hibernian-3033412/

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-02-2023, 02:40 PM
We’ve known all season Porteous will leave in January and needs replaced. Rocky then gets injured which emphasises our need for a centre back in.

Quality, ready to start with match fitness, sharpness and playing games recently. All words said by our manager.

Yet here we are, transfer window has closed and we’re left looking at free agents. This one in particular has played 4 games this season, 2 the season before that.

Johnson said time and time again what he wanted, similar to Jack Ross when he needed a new centre back.

It’s hard to state the difficulty of bringing in a CB when we don’t know that side of the story. By all accounts it looked like we were trying to bring in what LJ was looking for but it just never happened.

And here we are, assessing this player but I’d imagine they are looking at others too.

HoboHarry
02-02-2023, 02:42 PM

Do you know that Hibs didn't try to get an established center back? We didn't manage it, I imagine for a number of reasons, not least of which is that we can't compete with English wages.

JimBHibees
02-02-2023, 02:45 PM
Always liked Devlin very good when at Hamilton and a bit of a leader however no getting away from his injuries recently. Only 29 so think would make sense if and it is a big if he is able to prove his fitness.

JimBHibees
02-02-2023, 02:46 PM
Do you know that Hibs didn't try to get an established center back? We didn't manage it, I imagine for a number of reasons, not least of which is that we can't compete with English wages.

Assume Wright chose Rotherham for that very reason.

147lothian
02-02-2023, 02:52 PM
I just can't see why anyone would have a problem with Hibs running the rule over and taking a look at a player who is a free agent, isn't that what any club looking to make strides forward should be doing?

HoboHarry
02-02-2023, 02:55 PM
I just can't see why anyone would have a problem with Hibs running the rule over and taking a look at a player who is a free agent, isn't that what any club looking to make strides forward should be doing?

Yes it is. Hibs are carrying out due diligence on someone who has suffered injuries but who, if fit, could be an excellent signing for us.

hibby rae
02-02-2023, 02:57 PM
Assume Wright chose Rotherham for that very reason.

My gut feeling is we had tunnel vision on him and when he decided to go elsewhere, with little time in the window left, we were humped

Would have liked us to go for Findlay

badabing67
02-02-2023, 02:57 PM
Can't remember much about him when he was up here the question is if fit is he any good

hibby rae
02-02-2023, 02:58 PM
Can't remember much about him when he was up here the question is if fit is he any good

I asked a Sheep and they said "smart player but made of glass"

badabing67
02-02-2023, 03:00 PM
I asked a Sheep and they said "smart player but made of glass"

Same mould as Magennis then. Is there any new on him or JDH

Unseen work
02-02-2023, 03:00 PM

I don’t for a second think they never tried, but ultimately they failed again.

I’m not having for a second there isn’t a centre half out there better than what we currently have for the wages we pay. The rumours about certain players in the current squad show we pay a decent enough.

Routinely I’d have no issue the club running the rule over someone like Devlin. But having lost Porteous and Rocky I think we needed a replacement with a bit of quality and who you can rely on.

Unseen work
02-02-2023, 03:01 PM

The issue isn’t we’re running the rule over him, it’s that a quality replacement similar to what Johnson described time and time again wasn’t signed despite having months of preparation and knowledge that Porteous wouldn’t be here

Fans are getting sick of Magennis, he’s played more in the last month than Devlin has in 18 months

B.H.F.C
02-02-2023, 03:04 PM
Yes it is. Hibs are carrying out due diligence on someone who has suffered injuries but who, if fit, could be an excellent signing for us.

No issue with them taking a look at someone. It’s undoubtedly one that would be a risk given how little football he’s played for a significant period of time though. Given the importance that was placed on getting a centre half throughout the window I think it’s fairly reasonable to be a bit sceptical about what we’ve done (or not done) and how we end up looking at a player who has been injured for the best part of a couple of years to solve our issue.

greenlex
02-02-2023, 03:04 PM
I don’t for a second think they never tried, but ultimately they failed again.

I’m not having for a second there isn’t a centre half out there better than what we currently have for the wages we pay. The rumours about certain players in the current squad show we pay a decent enough.

Routinely I’d have no issue the club running the rule over someone like Devlin. But having lost Porteous and Rocky I think we needed a replacement with a bit of quality and who you can rely on.
I’m not using Rocky as a stick to beat them with. We only had a bout 8/9 days to find a suitable replacement.
I think between what we have and the laddies with 14 games left we will cope unless there’s outrageously bad luck.

Ronniekirk
02-02-2023, 03:06 PM
The issue isn’t we’re running the rule over him, it’s that a quality replacement similar to what Johnson described time and time again wasn’t signed despite having months of preparation and knowledge that Porteous wouldn’t be here

Fans are getting sick of Magennis, he’s played more in the last month than Devlin has in 18 months

Spot on and won’t be any use in our next five games Tve first three of which are crucial if we want to get back to Fourth in the League

Unseen work
02-02-2023, 03:09 PM
I’m not using Rocky as a stick to beat them with. We only had a bout 8/9 days to find a suitable replacement.
I think between what we have and the laddies with 14 games left we will cope unless there’s outrageously bad luck.

The main point is Porteous and his replacement.

Whilst I’m not using Rocky as a stick to beat them with, we’ve been told a couple of times about our contingencies and how there’s a list of players/potential signings should someone leave/get injured.

I don’t even think we need really bad luck, one slight knock or a suspension and we’re struggling.

All whilst there’s a real chance of getting 4th and European football

JammyDoidger
02-02-2023, 03:11 PM
Rather just get Gunnarson in the door if possible.

CapitalGreen
02-02-2023, 03:16 PM
Same mould as Magennis then. Is there any new on him or JDH

Both back in training.

Callum_62
02-02-2023, 03:19 PM

ive seen him mentioned but has anyone actually seen anything of from in the last 6/7 years?

he was decent when he was here in 2016 but nothing amazing - he wasn't even a guarenteed starter

badabing67
02-02-2023, 03:20 PM
Both back in training.

Good

JohnM1875
02-02-2023, 03:25 PM
ive seen him mentioned but has anyone actually seen anything of from in the last 6/7 years?

he was decent when he was here in 2016 but nothing amazing - he wasn't even a guarenteed starter

He's played plenty at a decent level. Devlin has been injured for 6/7 years.

Do remember Devlin being good before his injuries though, just can't see someone with such an extensive injury list suddenly get over it.

Since452
02-02-2023, 03:26 PM

Gunnarsson? Ex Hibs? What is the fascination we have with former players?

WhileTheChief..
02-02-2023, 03:26 PM

Is your imagination more valid than someone else’s thoughts?!

HoboHarry
02-02-2023, 03:28 PM
Is your imagination more valid than someone else’s thoughts?!

Errrrr whit? Are you drunk?

Big_Franck
02-02-2023, 03:30 PM
Devlin would be a complete waste of time. Would've seemed a decent signing about 4 years ago. We are laughably bad at recruitment just now, we're like Hearts under Cathro/Levein.

Heisenberg
02-02-2023, 03:33 PM

Just like we didn’t manage to get Jack Ross a centre half when actually in Europe or Shaun Maloney anywhere near an adequate replacement for Martin Boyle. This DOF needs to have complete control over this side of the club or it’ll make no difference. Kensell/Gordon haven’t a clue what they’re doing.

Winston Ingram
02-02-2023, 03:49 PM
Beggars belief.

Tbf, now the window has closed we’re not going to be drowning in options. Wouldn’t have taken him last week but as our cb options are limited to 1 half fit experienced pro and a couple of kids, I’d take him now.

Hibernian Verse
02-02-2023, 03:51 PM
Devlin would be a complete waste of time. Would've seemed a decent signing about 4 years ago. We are laughably bad at recruitment just now, we're like Hearts under Cathro/Levein.

Our recruitment hasn't been great but it's incomparable to Cathro & Levein. We tried going for youth and it didn't work, they didn't seem to have any strategy.

Mikey_1875
02-02-2023, 04:03 PM
Tbf, now the window has closed we’re not going to be drowning in options. Wouldn’t have taken him last week but as our cb options are limited to 1 half fit experienced pro and a couple of kids, I’d take him now.

Pretty much where I am. The window is done and for whatever reason we haven’t secured our target(s). If he seems fit enough then get him in even as cover. Low cost gamble for a potentially decent reward.

Hibbyradge
02-02-2023, 04:09 PM
Pretty much where I am. The window is done and for whatever reason we haven’t secured our target(s). If he seems fit enough then get him in even as cover. Low cost gamble for a potentially decent reward.

That'll be exactly Hibs'thinking too.

HoboHarry
02-02-2023, 04:15 PM
That'll be exactly Hibs'thinking too.

Along with every other sustainable business model on the planet.

Percy Vere
02-02-2023, 04:21 PM
Pretty pish reply to be honest. Everything in the post you’ve quoted is accurate. Another Hibs manager has been let down in another transfer window. Same old ****.

Think that’s the key thing.
LJ is being let down, but he will carry the can with most supporters and ultimately the board, who should be holding their hands up for poor recruitment.

Percy Vere
02-02-2023, 04:23 PM
He's played plenty at a decent level. Devlin has been injured for 6/7 years.

Do remember Devlin being good before his injuries though, just can't see someone with such an extensive injury list suddenly get over it.

Pay as you play deal…prove fitness then get a better contract. Is that a thing these days?

02-02-2023, 04:25 PM
My gut feeling is we had tunnel vision on him and when he decided to go elsewhere, with little time in the window left, we were humped

Would have liked us to go for Findlay

My gut feeling is that your gut is probably wrong. 😀

Bridge hibs
02-02-2023, 04:25 PM

He is a centre half and available on a free ?

AlbertK86
02-02-2023, 04:28 PM

Far too sensible an answer [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
02-02-2023, 04:31 PM
If he can stay fit he’d be a good signing, as back up and not asking him to play 40 games a season (yes I know there’s not that many left but you know what I mean)

Some of the other players mentioned wouldn’t be a good signing, even if they were fit.

I think it’s a no brainer to get him in to have a look at him in the short term.

Hibbyradge
02-02-2023, 04:34 PM
If he can stay fit he’d be a good signing, as back up and not asking him to play 40 games a season (yes I know there’s not that many left but you know what I mean)

Some of the other players mentioned wouldn’t be a good signing, even if they were fit.

I think it’s a no brainer to get him in to have a look at him in the short term.

Aberdeen got an average of 12 games per season out of him.

That would be enough for us and I suspect he'll be asked to play fewer than that if he's offered a deal.

JammyDoidger
02-02-2023, 04:38 PM
If he only managed 230 minutes for Fleetwood this season why would he play more for us? We are better than Fleetwood Christ, steer clear of this hibs. We need someone to come in and start games not just be back up. Quality over quantity we got told mind.

JammyDoidger
02-02-2023, 04:40 PM
Aberdeen got an average of 12 games per season out of him.

That would be enough for us and I suspect he'll be asked to play fewer than that if he's offered a deal.

We don't need any more squad fillers though? We need a quality experienced player to come in and knock Hanlon or fish out the starting 11, that's what we set out to get this window that's what we were repeatedly told. Why would that change now? I'd rather play a young laddie than give Mikey Devlin a deal.

kentao
02-02-2023, 04:42 PM
Someone has to replace Demi Mitchell. Another promising player with ability but was permanently injured.

May21/05/16
02-02-2023, 04:45 PM
Some comments on here are absolutely pathetic you would think hibs are bottom of the league

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
02-02-2023, 04:45 PM
We don't need any more squad fillers though? We need a quality experienced player to come in and knock Hanlon or fish out the starting 11, that's what we set out to get this window that's what we were repeatedly told. Why would that change now? I'd rather play a young laddie than give Mikey Devlin a deal.

No we don't need that. We were never told that someone was needed to knock either of them out of the team.

We wanted another centre back but it didn't happen and the window is now shut so we need back up for Hanlon, Fish and CJ.

JammyDoidger
02-02-2023, 04:49 PM
No we don't need that. We were never told that someone was needed to knock either of them out of the team.

We wanted another centre back but it didn't happen and the window is now shut so we need back up for Hanlon, Fish and CJ.

If someone had said 2 weeks ago we were going to be starting Hanlon and fish there would have been murders, Hanlon can't be relied upon, fish has started 2 games at centre half and this other young boy we know nothing about really, hasn't played centre back for Hibs yet. How anyone can defend the recruitment or the position we've left ourselfs in defensively is mind boggling. That's no where near good enough, and bringing in a guy that's constantly injured and has played 3 games in 2 years for a team worse than us, what's the point? There's other free agents out there? Hanlon should be back up, we don't need someone as back up for him, we've got it all wrong here.

Hibbyradge
02-02-2023, 04:51 PM
If someone had said 2 weeks ago we were going to be starting Hanlon and fish there would have been murders, Hanlon can't be relied upon, fish has started 2 games at centre half and this other young boy we know nothing about really, hasn't played centre back for Hibs yet. How anyone can defend the recruitment or the position we've left ourselfs in defensively is mind boggling. That's no where near good enough, and bringing in a guy that's constantly injured and has played 3 games in 2 years for a team worse than us, what's the point? There's other free agents out there? Hanlon should be back up, we don't need someone as back up for him, we've got it all wrong here.

What should I do?

JammyDoidger
02-02-2023, 04:54 PM
What should I do?

Get yer boots on at this rate😂

kentao
02-02-2023, 04:55 PM
Does anyone else think we had a decent CB lined up but the budget was used to bring in Hoppe after Nisbet pulled up with his hamstring issue.

HoboHarry
02-02-2023, 04:56 PM
What should I do?

Drink wine. At least that's what I'll be doing later. :greengrin

HoboHarry
02-02-2023, 04:56 PM
Does anyone else think we had a decent CB lined up but the budget was used to bring in Hoppe after Nisbet pulled up with his hamstring issue.

No.

Carheenlea
02-02-2023, 04:58 PM

I’d doubt that very much - was announced during game was he not so you’d assume it was all done and dusted before Nisbet pulled up. If not, it must go down as the quickest signing ever made!

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2023, 05:00 PM
We are playing our 3rd and 4th pick centre halves from the start of the window, and are looking at someone who will be cover for them.

There's always a reason why we just never got that player or this player in the January window, but whatever reason it is, we are weaker as a team in my opinion, and have not given the manager the tools needed to make a serious effort for a European place.

Iain G
02-02-2023, 05:05 PM
We are playing our 3rd and 4th pick centre halves from the start of the window, and are looking at someone who will be cover for them.

There's always a reason why we just never got that player or this player in the January window, but whatever reason it is, we are weaker as a team in my opinion, and have not given the manager the tools needed to make a serious effort for a European place.

Fish and Hanlon have conceded 1 goal in 2 games, and that was a bloody foul on the keeper! They are doing ok so far. It's nice to have defenders who just want to defend and clear their lines.

bingo70
02-02-2023, 05:11 PM

Egan-Riley has been brought in as well and for now Fish and Hanlon will be keeping him out the team as they’re playing well the last two games.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2023, 05:11 PM
Fish and Hanlon have conceded 1 goal in 2 games, and that was a bloody foul on the keeper! They are doing ok so far. It's nice to have defenders who just want to defend and clear their lines.

Come back with that argument at the end of the season, iv'e seen enough of them to know it wont last.

JammyDoidger
02-02-2023, 05:24 PM
Come back with that argument at the end of the season, iv'e seen enough of them to know it wont last.

Exactly mate, got to see the bigger picture. We were playing an Aberdeen side that are the worst I've seen, and a Ross County fighting relegation. I don't fancy fish and Hanlon against hearts, rangers, Celtic and the likes, we need better everyone can see that.

Scotty Leither
02-02-2023, 05:37 PM
We’re one injury away to an already 70/80% fit Hanlon to Lewis Stevenson probably being asked to go in there as centre half.

Nae Director of Football in despite Kensell’s bluster, no CH nor the midfield player we tried to get in at the fag end of the window.

They must think we’re as thick mince the utter tosh they spout about “targets”, when the reality is everyone with a functioning brain can see and hear for ourselves what’s going on, which is next to nowt, pending their next soundbite.

Hibbyradge
02-02-2023, 05:39 PM
We’re one injury away to an already 70/80% fit Hanlon to Lewis Stevenson probably being asked to go in there as centre half.

Nae Director of Football in despite Kensell’s bluster, no CH nor the midfield player we tried to get in at the fag end of the window.

They must think we’re as thick mince the utter tosh they spout about “targets”, when the reality is everyone with a functioning brain can see and hear for ourselves what’s going on, which is next to nowt, pending their next soundbite.

Why are they treating us like that?

Since452
02-02-2023, 05:44 PM
No harm in looking at a player closely for a few days to see if he's worth signing. Not as if we'll be basing his ability or fitness off a YouTube highlights reel. If there's any doubts we won't be signing him.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2023, 05:44 PM
Why are they treating us like that?

My theory is that they are trying to keep the traffic to this site up. The "worse" they behave, the more people come on here to moan. The more that happens, the more money the site makes. The more it makes, the more it can give to the Club.

And the more Ron can spirit away to his wee but-and-ben in darkest Peru.

All IMO.

Hibbyradge
02-02-2023, 05:52 PM
My theory is that they are trying to keep the traffic to this site up. The "worse" they behave, the more people come on here to moan. The more that happens, the more money the site makes. The more it makes, the more it can give to the Club.

All IMO.

:hmmm: You might be on to something...

Silky
02-02-2023, 05:55 PM

If that is the case, and the manager is being let down, why is there such a clamour for him to go. If he's being let down it suggests he is having to make do with pish. And if that's the case, then he can only piss with the cock he has. If the theme is that "another manager" has been let down, then the evidence suggests that, despite our protestations, LJ isn't the problem.

HoboHarry
02-02-2023, 05:55 PM

All IMO.
I think they all enjoy making us miserable, it's the nearest they can get to the daily norm of their previous lives as officers in the Einsatzgruppen.

Percy Vere
02-02-2023, 05:56 PM
Exactly mate, got to see the bigger picture. We were playing an Aberdeen side that are the worst I've seen, and a Ross County fighting relegation. I don't fancy fish and Hanlon against hearts, rangers, Celtic and the likes, we need better everyone can see that.

We aren’t exactly in a position to spend the sort of money that would match up in quality to the old firm. We are in a different market place. We can sign decent players, bring on youth and rely on tactics to play against them.
I’m not including Hearts in this. I think we’ve got enough to beat them.

JammyDoidger
02-02-2023, 06:04 PM
We aren’t exactly in a position to spend the sort of money that would match up in quality to the old firm. We are in a different market place. We can sign decent players, bring on youth and rely on tactics to play against them.
I’m not including Hearts in this. I think we’ve got enough to beat them.

I'm not asking us to spend crazy amounts of money, someone pointed 3 players that are free agents on another thread and all better options than Mikey Devlin. We were going to up porto's wages why not give a free agent that if they're worth it? Or a decent signing on fee or whatever. I just don't that we are savvy in the market atall, we won't think twice about spending hundreds of thousands on a teenager.

Heisenberg
02-02-2023, 06:07 PM
If that is the case, and the manager is being let down, why is there such a clamour for him to go. If he's being let down it suggests he is having to make do with pish. And if that's the case, then he can only piss with the cock he has. If the theme is that "another manager" has been let down, then the evidence suggests that, despite our protestations, LJ isn't the problem.

Because he’s also been at fault at times. Tactically all over the shop and throwing out some bizzare team selections. I think Maloney was a horrendous manager for us but it can’t be argued that our transfer strategy gave him no help in that January window. Jack Ross got us third place and was going on about signing a centre half all summer only to be landed with Nathan Wood at the last minute thanks to Ben Kensell. It’s a recurring theme.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2023, 06:14 PM
I think they all enjoy making us miserable, it's the nearest they can get to the daily norm of their previous lives as officers in the Einsatzgruppen.

If that's the case, my previous post was just a joke.

:cb

Ardenttwo
02-02-2023, 06:25 PM

Could it be that they are hoping the LJ will walk away and save them paying out his contract.

Hibbyradge
02-02-2023, 06:31 PM
Could it be that they are hoping the LJ will walk away and save them paying out his contract.

No, it couldn't.

Ringothedog
02-02-2023, 06:35 PM

Please explain to me what is going on as I am as “thick as mince”.

Callum_62
02-02-2023, 06:56 PM
Crazy to think we were 1 ridiculous var decision away from being a huge 6 points behind the team of the century currently in 3rd

You'd think we are cut adrift at the bottom the way some folk go on

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

JammyDoidger
02-02-2023, 07:00 PM
Crazy to think we were 1 ridiculous var decision away from being a huge 6 points behind the team of the century currently in 3rd

The thing is a lot of us strive to be above the team 6 points infront of us. And want the club to make decisions that give us the best possible chance.

greenlex
02-02-2023, 07:03 PM

We are two injuries not one away from Stevenson perhaps playing Centre back. Having said that anything is possible on players playing out of position with LJ.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-02-2023, 07:04 PM

Nobody has called Hearts team of the century have they? 🤔

Apart from Joe Savage! 😀

NC1875
02-02-2023, 07:08 PM

That’ll be the team that’s beat us 3-0 not once but twice in the last month. Some fantasists on here talking about finishing 3rd while also making excuses for the club not signing anyone 😂

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2023, 07:11 PM

Why not? Surely if they're good it really is irrelevant?

''we could signed John McGinn, but he played for us before so we better not''

Onceinawhile
02-02-2023, 07:14 PM

Having a more dependable right back would be helpful though.

(Assuming the new guy is better than cadden)

cabbageandribs1875
02-02-2023, 07:51 PM
transfer thread closed for some reason, so need to ask in here :) if we wanted Jonny Williams from swindon, and he appeared to want to come here could we not have signed him on a pre contract? surely we didn't expect him to up sticks just for four months and it would have been at least a few years contract

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2023, 08:06 PM
transfer thread closed for some reason, so need to ask in here :) if we wanted Jonny Williams from swindon, and he appeared to want to come here could we not have signed him on a pre contract? surely we didn't expect him to up sticks just for four months and it would have been at least a few years contract

He may have better options or want to wait before committing for next season.

WeeRussell
02-02-2023, 08:17 PM
The thing is a lot of us strive to be above the team 6 points infront of us. And want the club to make decisions that give us the best possible chance.

What are some of us doing to strive for that?

Hibbyradge
02-02-2023, 08:25 PM
What are some of us doing to strive for that?

I must be honest and admit that I haven't done a lot in that respect recently.

However, I've realised that constantly moaning about things that I can't influence in the slightest is the type of proactive approach that will see us shoot up the table so that's what I'll be doing in future.

Probably.

WeeRussell
02-02-2023, 08:27 PM
I must be honest and admit that I haven't done a lot in that respect recently.

However, I've realised that constantly moaning about things that I can't influence in the slightest is the type of proactive approach that will see us shoot up the table so that's what I'll be doing in future.

Probably.

Alright, bag of otters’ noses then.

Callum_62
02-02-2023, 08:29 PM
Nobody has called Hearts team of the century have they? [emoji848]

Apart from Joe Savage! [emoji3]I'm. Sure I seen some boy before the rangers game saying they will win the league within 2 years [emoji23]

cabbageandribs1875
02-02-2023, 08:29 PM
He may have better options or want to wait before committing for next season.

just double checked, his contract is up end of season and another article just last week saying he would love to stay on at Swindon, ah well, next

Hibbyradge
02-02-2023, 08:33 PM
Alright, bag of otters’ noses then.

Sex, sex, sex, that's all they think about, eh?

Crunchie
02-02-2023, 08:40 PM
Everton fans forum will probably make this one look tame. They sold their top striker and brought in no one.

HoboHarry
02-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Everton fans forum will probably make this one look tame. They sold their top striker and brought in no one.

Indeed. Sean Dyche said they had tried hard to make signings but couldn't get it done. I thought it was only Hibs that were useless in transfer windows, well according to some on here anyway. Maybe Dyche was telling fibs.

B.H.F.C
02-02-2023, 08:55 PM
Indeed. Sean Dyche said they had tried hard to make signings but couldn't get it done. I thought it was only Hibs that were useless in transfer windows, well according to some on here anyway. Maybe Dyche was telling fibs.

No sure Everton are the best club to measure yourself against, in terms of how things should be done, at the moment.

Crunchie
02-02-2023, 09:20 PM
No sure Everton are the best club to measure yourself against, in terms of how things should be done, at the moment.
They have money and tried like hell to make signings, it didn't happen for a variety of reasons but it wasn't for the lack of trying.

B.H.F.C
02-02-2023, 09:58 PM
They have money and tried like hell to make signings, it didn't happen for a variety of reasons but it wasn't for the lack of trying.

Predominantly because they are in an absolute mess, not just on the pitch.

greenlex
02-02-2023, 11:44 PM

IG moonlighting no doubt.

Crunchie
03-02-2023, 05:19 AM
Predominantly because they are in an absolute mess, not just on the pitch.
No one knows what goes on behind the scenes trying to sign players except those involved. Sean Dyche says they tried very very hard to sign better players than what they have, he watched the process, he was involved in it, I believe him.

There's a good article in the EEN with Lee Johnson talking about it being a brilliant window for outgoings and not so good trying to bring young players in, I believe him too.

Crunchie
03-02-2023, 05:20 AM
IG moonlighting no doubt.
:greengrin

JimBHibees
03-02-2023, 05:52 AM
I’d doubt that very much - was announced during game was he not so you’d assume it was all done and dusted before Nisbet pulled up. If not, it must go down as the quickest signing ever made!

Indeed :greengrin

BSEJVT
03-02-2023, 07:34 AM

Would have been astonishingly impressive to have done so in less than 30 minutes all in as Hoppe was announced at half time, probably about 30 minutes max after Nisbet went off injured.

So no that didn't happen

Since452
03-02-2023, 07:45 AM

While i don't think we're as good as Hearts, you're right. We should be sitting here today six points off them. Considering they've just lost for the first time in ten games that's almost unbelievable. They will go on a poor run themselves so hopefully we can stay within striking distance.

Anyway, hope Devlin impresses. Good luck to him.

Not In The Know
03-02-2023, 08:29 AM
While i don't think we're as good as Hearts, you're right. We should be sitting here today six points off them. Considering they've just lost for the first time in ten games that's almost unbelievable. They will go on a poor run themselves so hopefully we can stay within striking distance.

Anyway, hope Devlin impresses. Good luck to him.

The 0-1 Dundee utd game too. Chopping off big Kuch's goal and the stone wall penalty with Campbell getting pushed over in front off the keeper are just as bad.

We are just getting used to it. Which we shouldn't be.

Just_Jimmy
03-02-2023, 08:36 AM
Rage rage wibble wibble.Nah, valid points made in the post.

There's a lot of Hibs fans are fed up with the bull****.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
03-02-2023, 08:53 AM
The last time we signed an injury prone former Aberdeen player on a free turned out ok 😉

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/07/nintchdbpict000237224521.jpg

Hibbyradge
03-02-2023, 09:10 AM
The last time we signed an injury prone former Aberdeen player on a free turned out ok 😉

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/07/nintchdbpict000237224521.jpg

:applause:

Callum_62
03-02-2023, 09:23 AM
. Johnson revealed that Myko Kukharevych, who he would like to tie up on a longer deal, either on loan or permanently, could also be ready for a phased return within three or four weeks

Yes please

Heisenberg
03-02-2023, 09:25 AM
. Johnson revealed that Myko Kukharevych, who he would like to tie up on a longer deal, either on loan or permanently, could also be ready for a phased return within three or four weeks

Yes please

Decent replacement for Nisbet in the summer if we can make it happen.

Nicho87
03-02-2023, 10:00 AM

Yes please

More like it

Even if it can’t be possible

This is the standard of player we need

Since452
03-02-2023, 10:23 AM

Yes please

He looks a player.

Vault Boy
03-02-2023, 10:41 AM
I like that Mikey is stalling on other offers to try and get his chance with us. I know there’s a self-serving element to that, and rightly so, but you want players who are keen to be here.

CapitalGreen
03-02-2023, 10:53 AM
I like that Mikey is stalling on other offers to try and get his chance with us. I know there’s a self-serving element to that, and rightly so, but you want players who are keen to be here.

I wonder if Websters presence at training was because he has interest from St Mirren too and we allowed them to have a look at him simultaneously in case we don’t follow up with an offer.

Since452
03-02-2023, 11:20 AM
I wonder if Websters presence at training was because he has interest from St Mirren too and we allowed them to have a look at him simultaneously in case we don’t follow up with an offer.

I think Webster is a youth coach.

JimBHibees
03-02-2023, 11:26 AM

Who is Webster?

Billy Whizz
03-02-2023, 11:32 AM
Who is Webster?

Andy Webster, works at St Mirren just now

JimBHibees
03-02-2023, 11:35 AM
Andy Webster, works at St Mirren just now

Ok and he was at Hibs training why?

CapitalGreen
03-02-2023, 11:35 AM
I think Webster is a youth coach.

He is indeed, they couldn’t really send a first team coach when they would be doing their own training session.

Hibernian Verse
03-02-2023, 11:43 AM

It's all a conspiracy

Unseen work
03-02-2023, 11:43 AM
Had to laugh at Johnson’s quite in the EEN when discussing Devlin

“He has had his injury issues but we think we are quite good at dealing with return to play and keeping guys fit.“

Sure doesn’t feel like it 🤣

03-02-2023, 11:51 AM

Hopefully Devlin knows when to let the ball trundle out for a corner.

Since452
03-02-2023, 12:07 PM

Hopefully he likes a slightly miss timed pass in a cup final too :greengrin

greenlex
03-02-2023, 12:28 PM
There’s often youth and young coaches visiting other academies to get experience of differing trading/coaching methods etc. Even the biggest clubs in the world encourage it. But only at Hibs would you have an opposition coach in the week you play them. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2023, 01:31 PM

Hopefully he likes a slightly miss timed pass in a cup final too :greengrin

He will have to stay fit and play really well to get another contract, as he wont be able do do any of those this season that result in a cup win.

JimBHibees
03-02-2023, 02:05 PM
There’s often youth and young coaches visiting other academies to get experience of differing trading/coaching methods etc. Even the biggest clubs in the world encourage it. But only at Hibs would you have an opposition coach in the week you play them. :rolleyes:

Yep a little odd as you suggest unless it was a rest day for the first team.

Hibbyradge
03-02-2023, 03:47 PM
Yep a little odd as you suggest unless it was a rest day for the first team.

There's no harm in letting the coach of an opponent into the training ground if they're just doing stretches, warm ups, fitness work and general training.

If they were working on tactics for the game or set plays it wouldn't just be odd, it would be self- sabotage! I very much doubt that would have been allowed to happen.

JimBHibees
03-02-2023, 04:02 PM
There's no harm in letting the coach of an opponent into the training ground if they're just doing stretches, warm ups, fitness work and general training.

If they were working on tactics for the game or set plays it wouldn't just be odd, it would be self- sabotage! I very much doubt that would have been allowed to happen.

Yes however they might also pick up who may be fit or not. Probably depend as you say what they were seeing and the timing e.g. They may have been watching the youths train

Hibbyradge
03-02-2023, 04:09 PM
Yes however they might also pick up who may be fit or not. Probably depend as you say what they were seeing and the timing e.g. They may have been watching the youths train

They'll already have a good idea of who's fit and it gets confirmed at the press conference in advance of the game so it's no biggie.

No matter what folk think of our management team, I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't make a schoolboy mistake like letting the opposition fox into our hen house.

greenlex
03-02-2023, 07:30 PM
They'll already have a good idea of who's fit and it gets confirmed at the press conference in advance of the game so it's no biggie.

No matter what folk think of our management team, I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't make a schoolboy mistake like letting the opposition fox into our hen house.
:agree: Or playing ineligible players it cup competitions. :greengrin

Joe6-2
03-02-2023, 07:55 PM

:aok:

Jones28
03-02-2023, 08:10 PM

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Unseen work
13-02-2023, 12:53 AM
https://twitter.com/record_sport/status/1624899397996748800?s=46&t=Opg99ybmUW-h52bgbiaUNg

Devlin looks set to get a contract.

All the best, Mikey!

EdinMike
13-02-2023, 02:32 AM
I think the last place I’d be going to if I had injury problems would be us !! 😒

Bridge hibs
13-02-2023, 05:12 AM
https://twitter.com/record_sport/status/1624899397996748800?s=46&t=Opg99ybmUW-h52bgbiaUNg

Devlin looks set to get a contract.

All the best, Mikey!Cant say Ive ever seen much of him playing, even when fit but hopefully he has proven he has overcome his injuries and gets some consistent game time

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-02-2023, 06:32 AM
It's a bit of a reach to say that he is Porto's replacement. I would like to see Fish get a regular game for the rest of the season and then maybe another season long loan.

Diclonius
13-02-2023, 08:30 AM
Happy with Devlin as cover.

The Record is being disingenuous as per; he isn't even getting Porteous' old #5 let alone being his replacement.

JimBHibees
13-02-2023, 08:32 AM
It's a bit of a reach to say that he is Porto's replacement. I would like to see Fish get a regular game for the rest of the season and then maybe another season long loan.

Yep saying that is a bit of a stir unlike Burns

Big_Franck
13-02-2023, 09:13 AM
A ridiculously injury-prone centre half who has just been released by one of the worst teams in England's 3rd tier is the best we can do to replace Porteous?

This is indicative of the level of our recruitment team at the moment for me. Yes, January isn't ideal but we've signed good players in January before and we knew for months that we needed to replace Porteous. Poor from Hibs yet again.

Since452
13-02-2023, 09:16 AM
Well done Mikey. Welcome aboard.

Iain G
13-02-2023, 09:20 AM
A ridiculously injury-prone centre half who has just been released by one of the worst teams in England's 3rd tier is the best we can do to replace Porteous?

This is indicative of the level of our recruitment team at the moment for me. Yes, January isn't ideal but we've signed good players in January before and we knew for months that we needed to replace Porteous. Poor from Hibs yet again.

What's the opposite of positive again? :rolleyes:

Callum_62
13-02-2023, 10:01 AM

Yeah - January has been a disaster

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=10

McGruber
13-02-2023, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't have signed Devlin based on his track record and how little previous clubs have gotten from him. Short term contract though and we needed a body. He's here now so hopefully if nothing else he can keep himself fit for a few months

Stubbsy90+2
13-02-2023, 10:12 AM
What's the opposite of positive again? :rolleyes:

What exactly do you expect the reaction to be?

Based on his past Devlin isn’t a good signing. 55 appearances in 6 seasons is pitiful.

hibsbollah
13-02-2023, 10:16 AM

Based on his past Devlin isn’t a good signing. 55 appearances in 6 seasons is pitiful.

Personally im going to watch him play first before I soil the sheets about it.

Since452
13-02-2023, 10:20 AM
So we've signed a Scottish international on a free as cover until the end of the season after watching him every day in training for a few weeks? Are we supposed to be angry about this?

BishopstonHibby
13-02-2023, 10:22 AM
Welcome to Hibs Mikey and best of luck!

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but he's recently co-hosted with Daniel Gray a number of interesting episodes on the Nutmeg Magazine podcast.

bingo70
13-02-2023, 10:26 AM
So we've signed a Scottish international on a free as cover until the end of the season after watching him every day in training for a few weeks? Are we supposed to be angry about this?

I think he only trained for a few days. Gary Kenneth was also a Scotland international so I’m not sure the fact he’s got a cap necessarily means that much.

That said, I’m pleased with the signing, I think it’s a no brainer. We are not signing him as first choice centre half and asking him to play 40 games a season, someone like him as back up and able to provide competition is a sensible move I think.

In short, I agree with you, I just think you are over egging how good a signing he potentially is 😂

Stubbsy90+2
13-02-2023, 10:27 AM

You can do that, that’s fine.

As I said though, he’s not a good signing based on his career history, that much is pretty unarguable.

Callum_62
13-02-2023, 10:34 AM
If hes over his injury troubles might turn out to be an astute signing

Basically we get him in the door for 4 months to prove himself with an extension next year im sure on the cards if he does well

If he doesnt then its no big outlay for us

Iain G
13-02-2023, 11:00 AM

Maybe not jumping to the worst, most depressingly negative conclusions until we sign him and see him play? :confused:

Diclonius
13-02-2023, 11:07 AM
Mind what it was like on here when we signed Ambrose?

Silky
13-02-2023, 11:08 AM

The much revered Scott Allan has only made 250 appearances in 13 years. Which, I would argue, is pitiful.

Libby Hibby
13-02-2023, 11:09 AM

Pitch forks, fire batons and a furious rent-a-mob at the ready

Lago
13-02-2023, 11:36 AM

He's not a replacement for Porteous, you know that as well as I do.

Stubbsy90+2
13-02-2023, 11:38 AM
Maybe not jumping to the worst, most depressingly negative conclusions until we sign him and see him play? :confused:

Why? We can only base our thoughts on him based on his career so far. That career so far doesn’t have him looking like a good signing.

People are allowed to have thoughts that aren’t positive if they don’t feel that something is positive.

B.H.F.C
13-02-2023, 11:47 AM
Not a signing that concerns me greatly. He’s likely coming in to provide cover for 13 games which will be played over 3 and a bit months.

He’s not a replacement for Porteous, that’ll be done in the summer. What we discovered in the last few weeks is that we actually had a pretty competent centre half already in the building.

I never had big expectations for the January window. The proper rebuild of the squad needs to happen in the summer, with the DOF there to oversee it.

HoboHarry
13-02-2023, 11:59 AM

:agree: Exactly.

HoboHarry
13-02-2023, 12:02 PM
Why? We can only base our thoughts on him based on his career so far. That career so far doesn’t have him looking like a good signing.

People are allowed to have thoughts that aren’t positive if they don’t feel that something is positive.
The past isn't the only criteria for your thoughts. We've been assessing him for weeks and presumably the medical staff have had a right good look also. To ignore that means you've already made up your mind.

Wembley67
13-02-2023, 12:03 PM
Gary Smith mark II :thumbsup:

.Sean.
13-02-2023, 12:08 PM
I honestly despair at this place sometimes. This is the kind of signing that had it been Hearts that had picked him up on a free some on here would be outraged. Welcome to Hibs eh :rolleyes:

Smartie
13-02-2023, 12:11 PM
Who was the referee's brother who played for us for a bit, maybe when we got promoted? Didn't feature much but was there for cover.

This one seems a bit like that to me, not sure why anyone would get overly wound up by this?

Ryan91
13-02-2023, 12:17 PM
Who was the referee's brother who played for us for a bit, maybe when we got promoted? Didn't feature much but was there for cover.

This one seems a bit like that to me, not sure why anyone would get overly wound up by this?

Brian McLean, played 2 games according to wikipedia.

We've been crying out for additional depth at centre half, this is the depth option.

HoboHarry
13-02-2023, 12:20 PM

Brian McLean.

Hibernian Verse
13-02-2023, 12:28 PM
I honestly despair at this place sometimes. This is the kind of signing that had it been Hearts that had picked him up on a free some on here would be outraged. Welcome to Hibs eh :rolleyes:

By some, I take it you mean "the same people moaning". :wink:

Gmack7
13-02-2023, 12:40 PM
Hopefully he's fit when we need him to play, which may never actually happen if fish, CJ and Hanlon stay fit and in good form

Iain G
13-02-2023, 01:04 PM

I guess with a few good results in a row there needs to be something else to focus on :wink:

Since452
13-02-2023, 01:11 PM
I've been very critical of Hanlon this season but both he and Fish have been solid as a rock together. Can't fault them the last few games. That's our first choice pairing at the moment with CJ and Devlin to move there if they need to. I'm pretty comfortable with that to be honest. I think it'll more than get us by to the summer and like others have said, that's when we can look to replace Porteous. Big Rocky will be back as well.

Hibernian Verse
13-02-2023, 01:13 PM
I guess with a few good results in a row there needs to be something else to focus on :wink:

As long as Devlin has good footballing IQ for his position there should be nothing to moan about here...

:offski:

Onceinawhile
13-02-2023, 01:14 PM
I'd have preferred the boy from the youth team to be the next option if we get another injury, but other than that, no real complaints.

hibsbollah
13-02-2023, 01:16 PM
I've been very critical of Hanlon this season but both he and Fish have been solid as a rock together. Can't fault them the last few games. That's our first choice pairing at the moment with CJ and Devlin to move there if they need to. I'm pretty comfortable with that to be honest. I think it'll more than get us by to the summer and like others have said, that's when we can look to replace Porteous. Big Rocky will be back as well.

Its conceivable Rocky could be back by the end of April, if the original 3 month prognosis keeps to schedule. Could be like a new signing for the last few games.

WhileTheChief..
13-02-2023, 01:24 PM
Mind what it was like on here when we signed Ambrose?

I was delighted :greengrin

Wish we signed more like him nowadays.

Iain G
13-02-2023, 01:27 PM
As long as Devlin has good footballing IQ for his position there should be nothing to moan about here...

:offski:

And it's better the Devlin you know...

hibsbollah
13-02-2023, 01:33 PM
And it's better the Devlin you know...

Mikey Devlin, Russian sailors, what the **** are you boys on eh?

13-02-2023, 01:39 PM

Some folk aren't happy unless they've got something to be unhappy about.

Glass half full
13-02-2023, 03:28 PM
Gary Smith mark II :thumbsup:

We've signed a few injury prone duds over the years. Some of them have shown that they still had good quality and served the club well.

Did Gary Smith not play in front of that finished Dundee reserve keeper Leighton?

Couple of has beens in the same team.

Maybe we can watch Devlin first?

brog
13-02-2023, 03:33 PM

TBH I'm just happy to see you use the word 'positive twice! :wink:

Richibee
13-02-2023, 04:03 PM
Confirmed. Short term deal until summer.
Welcome to Hibs Mikey

Iain G
13-02-2023, 04:08 PM
Confirmed. Short term deal until summer.
Welcome to Hibs Mikey

Good cover and it's positive to have another experienced head around the team and training.

Since452
13-02-2023, 04:11 PM
Obviously he's impressed. Good on him. Welcome aboard.

Donegal Hibby
13-02-2023, 04:20 PM
Good player apparently who's had a lot of injury problems which are hopefully behind him . Short term deal which won't be costing us to much and adds cover to our defence .win win situation for club and player . Good luck Mikey.
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/mikey-devlin-career-so-far

Unseen work
13-02-2023, 04:57 PM
https://youtu.be/lRQei3bB8ak - Copy and paste URL

That’s a brilliant interview, speaks very very well.

Refreshing to hear someone so grateful if his oppertunity to be at Hibs and genuinely delighted to be here

JohnM1875
13-02-2023, 05:00 PM

Refreshing to hear someone so grateful if his oppertunity to be at Hibs and genuinely delighted to be here

Aye he does seem like a good guy. Hope the move works out for all involved.

sleeping giant
13-02-2023, 05:07 PM

Excellent interview.
Hope he does the business

Vault Boy
13-02-2023, 05:13 PM
Really good interview, comes across very well. Hope the move works out for both parties and he can find some relief from his injuries.

CentreForward
13-02-2023, 05:33 PM
He definitely comes across really well and genuinely seems happy and excited to be here. Really hope it all works out well for him.

hibsbollah
13-02-2023, 08:02 PM
Seems a very intelligent and professional character.

JimBHibees
13-02-2023, 08:12 PM
Experienced defender aggressive centre half. Good leader and communicator. Short term deal no biggy unless you are keen on the drama.

B.H.F.C
13-02-2023, 08:34 PM
Experienced defender aggressive centre half. Good leader and communicator. Short term deal no biggy unless you are keen on the drama.

I’d be in total agreement with that if we were just supplementing an area in which we were strong. But really, we have two natural centre halves other than him. One has played a handful of professional games and the other has struggled fitness wise most of the season (although they did well together in the last three games).

I think we’ll just about get away with things through to the end of the season given the number, and frequency, of games. Don’t think the issue is so much with signing Devlin, still more the business we didn’t do.

Since452
13-02-2023, 08:50 PM
Hopefully he smashes it and gives us an easy decision to make in the summer. Think he'll fit in well at Hibs.

Cat Stanton
13-02-2023, 09:58 PM
Didn't know he had three caps for Scotland.

Lancs Harp
13-02-2023, 10:00 PM
He'll be decent cover at least as long as we can keep him off the treatment table. His career has never really clicked on despite winning International caps. Coming fron the Fylde Coast I asked a Mate who supports Fleetwood, he couldnt actually recall him playing fof the Cods.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-02-2023, 10:45 PM
Didn't know he had three caps for Scotland.

Neither did I, though apparently I was at 2 of the 3 games. Honestly couldn’t think who he was when we were first linked with him.

McGruber
14-02-2023, 06:59 AM
Will just have to see how we go.

Looking at it from the glass half full perspective, Fish has been excellent in the last 3 games and formed a good partnership with Hanlon. A good mix of right and left, youth and experience. Egan-Riley is rated as real quality versatile cover and Devlin offers us cover from a match fit, talented international player.

On the glass half empty outlook.

Fish hasn't played many 1st team games and will be prone to the odd mistake and dips in performance. Hanlon has missed significant periods this season and is currently playing through pain, he is likely to miss more games. The excellent cover Egan-Riley provides is hypothetical, his 1st game for us at centre back will I think be his first ever senior start in that position. That would likely be a very inexperienced pairing with Fish. Devlin can't be relied on to keep fit for a prolonged period - that's the evidence of the last decade of his career.

I'll be a glass half full man on this one and hope for the best. It's just until the end of the season

147lothian
14-02-2023, 07:43 AM
Came across well in the interview, this seems like good business to me, an experienced defender coming in for the rest of the season when we have just lost Porto and Rocky to injury. Good to see the club getting this one over the line. Welcome on board Michael.

adam middlemass
14-02-2023, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the Hibs Mikey, hope all your injury worries are behind you and you can kick on and finish the season well, and who knows, you might even get to stay at this club wee all love ! :thumbsup:

grunt
14-02-2023, 04:20 PM
I look forward to seeing him do well for us.

NC1875
14-02-2023, 05:32 PM
Came across well in his interview. Realises he’s lucky to be at Hibs so should be eager to impress. Hopefully gets an injury free spell and does well.