PDA

View Full Version : Mason Greenwood.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2023, 01:17 PM
Talktv reporting that the charges against him have been dropped.

Stairway 2 7
02-02-2023, 01:25 PM
Case was always one that would be hard to convict. Horrible rat of a man, career surely done but then again

Stevie Reid
02-02-2023, 01:29 PM
On BBC now:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-64502021

Says a key witness withdrew.

HoboHarry
02-02-2023, 01:30 PM
Case was always one that would be hard to convict. Horrible rat of a man, career surely done but then again

I doubt Man U will play him again but I'd imagine they'd have to pay up his contract.

Onceinawhile
02-02-2023, 01:38 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think his career will be done.

He'll be out the door at man u, but a club somewhere will take a chance.

J-C
02-02-2023, 01:44 PM
It says a key witness withdrew their involvement, I assume that could be his ex girlfriend as her testimony would be key for the case against him.

Monktonhall 7
02-02-2023, 01:49 PM
Jamie Insell just tweeted that it was the girlfriend that withdrew her statement, but also that they’ve still been together throughout 🤫

J-C
02-02-2023, 01:53 PM
Jamie Insell just tweeted that it was the girlfriend that withdrew her statement, but also that they’ve still been together throughout 🤫

Not looking good for her if that's the case, wasting police time maybe.

HoboHarry
02-02-2023, 01:58 PM
Not looking good for her if that's the case, wasting police time maybe.

Doubt that. Based on the video at the time it didn't appear that she was lying about anything. They've reconciled it seems.

LunasBoots
02-02-2023, 02:03 PM
If I remember correctly at the time the women and her family didn't want any further action when it all started. I'm not surprised it's been dropped, be hard for him to play football in this country again, probably go abroad

Pagan Hibernia
02-02-2023, 02:13 PM
I would imagine United value their brand a lot more than Mason Greenwood. Can’t see them playing him again.

heretoday
02-02-2023, 03:18 PM
He could go to Saudi Arabia maybe. Or Iran.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2023, 03:35 PM
He could go to Saudi Arabia maybe. Or Iran.

Probably get a contract extension over there for paggering burds. He’s a cretin.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-02-2023, 07:04 PM
Probably get a contract extension over there for paggering burds. He’s a cretin.

Yeah, you know what "that lot" are like over there, I suppose.

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2023, 02:24 PM
I would imagine United value their brand a lot more than Mason Greenwood. Can’t see them playing him again.

I hope not. Okay, he is innocent in the eyes of the law, but there is no doubt he abuses women. United now face a moral, if not a legal dilemma. I hope they sack him for bringing the club into disrepute. There is no doubt another club would take him, but the fans of such a club must then speak up.

Greencore
03-02-2023, 02:31 PM
Disgusting. Hopefully he gets a career ending injury. Excuse of a human.

Torto7
03-02-2023, 02:46 PM
So many beasts involved in sport. This wrongun should be dealt with the same way as that Rufus McClean guy.

hibee-boys
03-02-2023, 02:55 PM
If I remember correctly at the time the women and her family didn't want any further action when it all started. I'm not surprised it's been dropped, be hard for him to play football in this country again, probably go abroad

I’m not surprised, he was probably their meal ticket for the years ahead. £££££ more important to them than him paying for his abhorrent behaviour with jail time.

hibsbollah
03-02-2023, 03:07 PM
I’m not surprised, he was probably their meal ticket for the years ahead. £££££ more important to them than him paying for his abhorrent behaviour with jail time.

If he’s paid hush money in the form of an informal out of court settlement then good for her and she’s got nothing to be ashamed of, unlike the ****bag himself.

Betty Boop
03-02-2023, 03:52 PM
If he’s paid hush money in the form of an informal out of court settlement then good for her and she’s got nothing to be ashamed of, unlike the ****bag himself.

I doubt he would be paying her hush money when they are back together.

ErinGoBraghHFC
03-02-2023, 03:56 PM
Yeah, you know what "that lot" are like over there, I suppose.

I mean if you check the people that stick up for him on Facebook and twitter, they’re usually from the Middle East or Africa. That’s a fact, there’s nothing racist or controversial about that. Obviously this doesn’t mean everyone from the Middle East or Africa is a wife beating rapist, but violence against women does tend to be epidemic in some of the countries in these areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
03-02-2023, 04:26 PM
I doubt he would be paying her hush money when they are back together.

Define ‘back together’. Judging by the things he said there is coercive control going on which is probably even more worrying if you have any concern for the woman involved. I’m only assuming they are ‘back together’ since so much of this seems to be him positioning himself to be looked at positively on social media and the red tops you never actually know, do you?

MKHIBEE
03-02-2023, 04:26 PM
I mean if you check the people that stick up for him on Facebook and twitter, they’re usually from the Middle East or Africa. That’s a fact, there’s nothing racist or controversial about that. Obviously this doesn’t mean everyone from the Middle East or Africa is a wife beating rapist, but violence against women does tend to be epidemic in some of the countries in these areas

Can’t speak for those on Facebook but absolutely not the case on Twitter.

hibsbollah
03-02-2023, 04:30 PM

That’s a massively simplistic take on it and yes, you ARE stereotyping massively. Lots of women in Islamic countries are treated with respect within that cultural context. I’m sure lots of people from a multitude of backgrounds also stick up for him and misogyny isn’t exactly absent in this country either. Lots of Little Andrew Tate wannabes around.

green day
03-02-2023, 04:51 PM
That’s a massively simplistic take on it and yes, you ARE stereotyping massively. Lots of women in Islamic countries are treated with respect within that cultural context. I’m sure lots of people from a multitude of backgrounds also stick up for him and misogyny isn’t exactly absent in this country either. Lots of Little Andrew Tate wannabes around.

We were in Los Argentinos steakhouse on NYE with another family, and there were a couple of young muscle bound dicks behind us, I didnt catch too much of the convo but my son was pissing himself laughing (at the guys behaviour) as one of them was sharing naked pics of some "bird that just keeps begging me for it so I let her have it now and then".

I am glad I dont have girls.........

lyonhibs
03-02-2023, 05:31 PM
Anyone who heard those recordings and thinks that's an equitable outcome needs their head examined IMO

JamesHFC
03-02-2023, 05:45 PM
Anyone who heard those recordings and thinks that's an equitable outcome needs their head examined IMO

Yep. Proper disgusting. What sort of message would it send to sexual & domestic violence victims if he was to play again. Worrying times.

Pretty Boy
03-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Shameful.

No wonder so many women continue to suffer in silence rather than report instances of rape, sexual assault and domestic abuse. They are systematically failed and it's simply not good enough.

ErinGoBraghHFC
03-02-2023, 07:04 PM

Maybe simplistic but I also said this obviously doesn’t mean everyone from these places is a women beating rapist, of course lots of women are treated with respect in these countries also? Agreed re Andrew Tate, misogyny seems to be “cool” now. Warning signs were there years ago for online radicalisation with the popularity to Britain First, it’s an effective tool and young working class men are always the fascists target demographic. Seems we haven’t learned how to combat it going off that ***** popularity

Stairway 2 7
25-02-2023, 11:09 AM
Mason Greenwood & Harriet Robson are expecting their first child.

Well I can see why the case fell apart since she's back with him. I can only hope for her and her child that he has changed and got help

jacomo
25-02-2023, 11:36 AM
We were in Los Argentinos steakhouse on NYE with another family, and there were a couple of young muscle bound dicks behind us, I didnt catch too much of the convo but my son was pissing himself laughing (at the guys behaviour) as one of them was sharing naked pics of some "bird that just keeps begging me for it so I let her have it now and then".

I hope you had a stern word with your son.

chrisski33
25-02-2023, 11:49 AM

I have both and hope boys dont have that view apon my daughter and I certainly be ensuring my boys dont treat women with lack of respect many young men seem too.
I got a hard time for checking my sons snapchat recently amd im shocked at how many don't and some of the content others including girls were sharing and saying was shocking.

jacomo
25-02-2023, 02:10 PM
I’ve not heard or seen any of the material that apparently damns Greenwood, I understand it’s pretty shocking.

I do think this a very awkward situation for Man Utd. Ultimately, he’s not guilty of any crime.

I do also think that playing football for a living is a huge privilege, not a right. Any club are entitled to expect anyone who wears their shirt to represent good values and maybe they will sack him. However, there’s a big financial implication to that.

Trinity Hibee
25-02-2023, 02:15 PM
I’ve not heard or seen any of the material that apparently damns Greenwood, I understand it’s pretty shocking.

I do think this a very awkward situation for Man Utd. Ultimately, he’s not guilty of any crime.

I do also think that playing football for a living is a huge privilege, not a right. Any club are entitled to expect anyone who wears their shirt to represent good values and maybe they will sack him. However, there’s a big financial implication to that.

Good phrase to use there, a privilege not a right. Like many, I don’t think he should be able to play football again. Even though he’s very young I’ve no doubt he’ll have already made enough money to never have to work again. Don’t think he should be given the chance to make anymore

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2023, 02:16 PM
Her parents have let her down so badly. She is a very public victim of abuse and probably all sorts of manipulation. Her dad actually came out and downplayed it.

I hope she can escape his clutches and realise how horrible and unhealthy that relationship is. Harder to do that when the kid is born. Hopefully he doesn't abuse the child like he did her.

Stairway 2 7
25-02-2023, 02:16 PM

A snippet of the lovely Mason

https://mobile.twitter.com/thfcteddy/status/1629447834935123975

MrRobot
25-02-2023, 03:35 PM

The small clips we have seen and heard are enough to show the guy is an utter detestable piece of ****. If Man United allow him back into the team then i can see a huge backlash on them and rightly so.

jacomo
25-02-2023, 04:26 PM
Her parents have let her down so badly. She is a very public victim of abuse and probably all sorts of manipulation. Her dad actually came out and downplayed it.

I hope she can escape his clutches and realise how horrible and unhealthy that relationship is. Harder to do that when the kid is born. Hopefully he doesn't abuse the child like he did her.

That’s a shocker.

Wonder if her dad is more interested in getting close to a wealthy footballer or the welfare of his own daughter?

ScottB
25-02-2023, 11:11 PM
That’s a shocker.

Wonder if her dad is more interested in getting close to a wealthy footballer or the welfare of his own daughter?

Or the even more worrying implication that he’s doesn’t see anything wrong with what went on.

J-C
26-02-2023, 09:55 AM
Or the even more worrying implication that he’s doesn’t see anything wrong with what went on.

Unfortunately she'll think she was a contributing factor to the abuse, it'll be a case of sorry for making you angry Mason, I deserved that slap. Watched enough of these type of programmes where the victim can't see the abuse due to being in love with the abuser and always feels it's their fault they get slapped about. It's how abusers control their victims, by playing the guilt card, shame really as with a kid on the way she's now tied into the relationship and if she accuses him again, no one will believe her due to what's just happened.

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2023, 10:01 AM
Unfortunately she'll think she was a contributing factor to the abuse, it'll be a case of sorry for making you angry Mason, I deserved that slap. Watched enough of these type of programmes where the victim can't see the abuse due to being in love with the abuser and always feels it's their fault they get slapped about. It's how abusers control their victims, by playing the guilt card, shame really as with a kid on the way she's now tied into the relationship and if she accuses him again, no one will believe her due to what's just happened.

I doubt that very much, everyone to a man/woman/this/it are saying he's guilty, if it happens again i'm pretty sure they will all agree he's guilty again.

The big difference then will be folk saying she was stupid for going back to him knowing what he's like, a leopard and his spots and all that.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2023, 10:31 AM
Talktv reporting that the charges against him have been dropped.

Thought this was gonna be a thread about the ref of today's Glasgow2 Cup Final - no seriously...!

Forgot about what seems to be some pretty abhorrent behaviour if true.

As the father of 2 boys what I can do is set the example of how to respect women. This does affect us all. ****ty behaviour needs called out.

04-03-2023, 07:43 AM
Guys a ****bag. We've all heard the recording the lassie took and its obvious whats going on. Also, the fact that the lassie has taken him back and is now pregnant with his child tells you all you need to know. Not a chance in hell would he still be with her if she made false allegations against him which have ruined his career and life.

Would be PR suicide for Man Utd to keep him and for any club to want to sign him.

04-03-2023, 07:53 AM

The statement from her dad after the audio clip was released was shocking! Its abundantly clear he couldn't care less if he's abusive to his daughter as long as she's with someone who can give her (and probably her family) a millionaires lifestyle. Disguising really.

If it was my daughter i wouldn't give a monkeys how rich or famous he was I'd never want him near her ever again!

DH1875
29-07-2023, 10:11 AM
Looking like he is back in Utd plans as being reported that Adidas have given him and Utd the go ahead. (Although goes to show how messed up football is when its Adidas calling the shots here).

MKHIBEE
29-07-2023, 10:16 AM
Looking like he is back in Utd plans as being reported that Adidas have given him and Utd the go ahead. (Although goes to show how messed up football is when its Adidas calling the shots here).

Money, money, money,

J-C
29-07-2023, 11:00 AM

You may not agree with his actions but his girlfriend didn't press charges and they're still together, so technically not a criminal, just no a nice person.

Since90+2
29-07-2023, 11:02 AM
You may not agree with his actions but his girlfriend didn't press charges and they're still together, so technically not a criminal, just no a nice person.

I think they are also now engaged.

Paul1642
29-07-2023, 11:05 AM

Unfortunately that’s the nature of domestic abuse sometimes, especially when the perpetrator provides a lifestyle that the victim couldn’t afford without them.

It’s still disgusting behaviour and it’s still criminal. Not being convicted with a crime doesn’t change the fact that a crime was committed.

neil7908
29-07-2023, 11:11 AM
Unfortunately that’s the nature of domestic abuse sometimes, especially when the perpetrator provides a lifestyle that the victim couldn’t afford without them.

It’s still disgusting behaviour and it’s still criminal. Not being convicted with a crime doesn’t change the fact that a crime was committed.

Yup. **** him.

Paul1642
29-07-2023, 11:11 AM
I wonder if any politicians have anything to say about this seeing as he’s been convicted with the same number of crimes as David Goodwillie.

Aldo
29-07-2023, 12:08 PM
The statement from her dad after the audio clip was released was shocking! Its abundantly clear he couldn't care less if he's abusive to his daughter as long as she's with someone who can give her (and probably her family) a millionaires lifestyle. Disguising really.

If it was my daughter i wouldn't give a monkeys how rich or famous he was I'd never want him near her ever again!

Your last bit is spot on.

Tbh anyone abusing either of my daughters like that better be man enough to have a go at me in the same manner.

Disgusting human being

DH1875
29-07-2023, 12:30 PM
I wonder if any politicians have anything to say about this seeing as he’s been convicted with the same number of crimes as David Goodwillie.

Goodwillie can't even play in the 9th tier of Scottish football. Greenwood is making £75k per week and could well be back in Manchester Utd first team squad anytime soon.

He's here!
23-08-2023, 11:24 AM
Goodwillie can't even play in the 9th tier of Scottish football. Greenwood is making £75k per week and could well be back in Manchester Utd first team squad anytime soon.

Mason Greenwood: Rachel Riley accuses Man Utd of 'gaslighting' - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66586059)

Clearly this week's news means he won't be back in the Man U first team squad any time soon. Whole thing has clearly been badly handled, although a question that seems to go unanswered is what do campaigners WANT to see happen to the player now? He hasn't (technically) been found guilty of anything in a court of law so what is the appropriate way forward? If it's felt he should never kick a ball again what would be acceptable for him to do? Whatever anyone's personal opinion of him there must surely be some process/structure for rehabilitation? Should United have shouldered more of the responsibility for that rehabilitation?

MrRobot
23-08-2023, 11:32 AM
Mason Greenwood: Rachel Riley accuses Man Utd of 'gaslighting' - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66586059)

Clearly this week's news means he won't be back in the Man U first team squad any time soon. Whole thing has clearly been badly handled, although a question that seems to go unanswered is what do campaigners WANT to see happen to the player now? He hasn't (technically) been found guilty of anything in a court of law so what is the appropriate way forward? If it's felt he should never kick a ball again what would be acceptable for him to do? Whatever anyone's personal opinion of him there must surely be some process/structure for rehabilitation? Should United have shouldered more of the responsibility for that rehabilitation?

He won’t be back in the United team at all since they are getting rid permanently and they owe him absolutely nothing.

Despite handling it extremely poorly, i’m glad United finally made the right call.

Brightside
23-08-2023, 11:35 AM
Any reason why this is on this forum?

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2023, 11:36 AM
Any reason why this is on this forum?

Think it should be on the deadline day thread?

He's here!
23-08-2023, 01:18 PM
He won’t be back in the United team at all since they are getting rid permanently and they owe him absolutely nothing.

Despite handling it extremely poorly, i’m glad United finally made the right call.

I know, I was responding to a post from a time when it looked like they might be hoping to reintroduce him to the team.

United's statement pretty much absolves him of any of the behaviour he was accused of so if that's the stance they're taking I'd suggest they owe him more than casting him adrift. Having played such a huge part in his life since the age of 7 you wonder what kind of values they instilled in him. Or was he just a potentially multi-million pound asset?

Brightside
23-08-2023, 01:22 PM
Think it should be on the deadline day thread?

I’d put it in the bin tbh. Nothing good will come of this 😂