PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Neilson will be the greatest Scottish manager since Alex Ferguson..

Carheenlea
01-02-2023, 06:51 PM
..and Hearts will win the league by 2025/26.

Think someone’s left the Rover at home and had one too many shandy’s in the bowling club tonight :lolyam:

https://twitter.com/football_scot/status/1620862979381284866?s=46&t=wQh1fkuLjWvgubleNLAFpw

Bostonhibby
01-02-2023, 06:54 PM
Jings, they'll be telling us they DID pay the Lady Haig Poppy fund next....

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

gbhibby
01-02-2023, 07:23 PM
And they have 400000 supporters.

BILLYHIBS
Wait …. cancel that get the aeroplane back oot the hangar

Smartie

Think someone’s left the Rover at home and had one too many shandy’s in the bowling club tonight :lolyam:

https://twitter.com/football_scot/status/1620862979381284866?s=46&t=wQh1fkuLjWvgubleNLAFpw

Jesus Christ.

Don’t mix LSD and cardigans kids.

Alfred E Newman
01-02-2023, 07:28 PM
The reincarnation of the Three Stooges.

01-02-2023, 07:29 PM

Epitome of delusional. Hope they interview him on the way out too.

HarpOnHibee
01-02-2023, 07:33 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/TD0NYrLpcnsTm/giphy.gif

weecounty hibby
01-02-2023, 07:36 PM
If that doesnt sum up the utter delusion of those morons i dont know what does. Imagine saying that in public!

HoboHarry
01-02-2023, 07:37 PM
Clear proof that pre-match alcohol dulls the mind.

Bridge hibs
01-02-2023, 07:37 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/TD0NYrLpcnsTm/giphy.gif

🤣

Since452
01-02-2023, 07:41 PM
Delusional tramps

He's here!
01-02-2023, 07:41 PM
Well I guess Robbie does have a couple of Scottish second tier titles to his name...one more than Sir Alex. Just 52 major trophies to go to overtake him.

Unseen work
01-02-2023, 07:52 PM
The media bias is unbelievable.

They talk like hearts are brilliant, have everything sorted and can challenge the old firm.

We’re the exact opposite, a shambles, terrible players etc.

The gap is 8 points. That can be closed in a couple of games

Yesterday was a missed oppertunity but the players should hear all of this and go and prove a point

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2023, 07:53 PM
Bunch of Jose Quitongos.

gbhibby
01-02-2023, 07:56 PM
https://twitter.com/DaveDogDad/status/1620865371875196928?s=20&t=JdD_F8eT_HKv4ISuXpBbZQ

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Kato
01-02-2023, 08:19 PM
The least glamorous club in football.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

ErinGoBraghHFC
01-02-2023, 08:24 PM

Rovers, cardigans and ironed socks are very glamorous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's here!
01-02-2023, 08:42 PM

They really are.

Sioux
01-02-2023, 08:53 PM

:faf::faf:
Must have been an audition for Still Game.

Www1875hfc
01-02-2023, 08:58 PM
All that was missing was the Penicuik Royal Hotel Flag. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibees 7062
01-02-2023, 09:03 PM
Do you think Hearts are the third best team in Scotland ? No, but that’s what we’re building to be 😂

Hibees1973
01-02-2023, 09:06 PM
I posted this at the weekend.

This twitter video at the start just confirms what I posted. They just seem to be getting a bit carried away with themselves. Didn't see any evidence tonight that they are getting closer to The Hun.

Fine, they are best of the rest just now. But it is very difficult to maintain it. To claim to win the SPFL in three years highlights the arrogance and over confidence when I listen to some Yams I know. I will say they are not all like this but there is a fair few at the moment.

https://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Hibees1973 https://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=7259251#post7259251)
Don't agree with this.

Reckon they are nailed on 3rd this season. This is not based on Hearts being good, more on that our squad is dire and the rest of the major clubs in the SPFL being very weak. They have been wise in the transfer market, but not exceptional. They have had more money than us for few years, but it was only last season for the first time in about 5 years they finished above us.

Even in the last couple of weeks I've started to hear arrogance and over confidence spouting from their management and support. I've even heard words that they are aiming to catch Rangers. Do me a favour, even if they beat them in midweek they won't be within 20 points of the Hun come season end.

Experience has shown that they, or any other club are unable to consistently beat or get anywhere near the OF. This will eventually breed resentment in the Yam, they will go on a poor run, sack Neilson and degenerate into fiasco. The kind of thing that happened to us when we sacked Ross. Know we got within a point of Rangers & Aberdeen in 2017-2018, but as I've said it's very difficult to maintain this level for the likes of us.

They may appear to be in a positive position just now but it will surprise me if they are still all sweetness and light this time next year.

JamesHFC
01-02-2023, 09:20 PM
Heard similar from them when Neilson was last in charge and they ended up relegated again.

Cat Stanton
01-02-2023, 09:28 PM
Certainly sounded like a Ferguson-esque managerial masterclass tonight.

Not In The Know
01-02-2023, 09:29 PM
Heard similar from them when Neilson was last in charge and they ended up relegated again.

******s are suffering delusions of grandeur AGAIN.
Makes it even more galling how we couldn’t convert the other week.

Donegal Hibby
01-02-2023, 09:42 PM
The 3 jambos inside tiny before the game starts.
https://images.app.goo.gl/M8eFNEDFrFkSveCR7

Baader
01-02-2023, 09:54 PM
Ghost of Crosby, Stills and Nash still on the acid then.

Donegal Hibby
01-02-2023, 10:07 PM
I seem to remember another manager they thought was good awhile back 😂.
https://youtu.be/1OKfez1e2FU

Roxyhibee
01-02-2023, 10:11 PM
This cretin wins embarrassing clown of the year.! 😂😂 Nearly had to sell Tynecastle in the early 2000’s because they had accumulated so much debt with over inflated wages just to finally get a bit of silverware. Get taken over by a criminal maniac who nearly liquidises the whole club just 10 years ago. Now being temporarily propped up by an unwitting financier. Their big club delusion is unequalled. Cannot wait until they are relying on the FOH to run their club. Another disaster awaits.

01-02-2023, 10:14 PM
On Sportscene now. Wonder if Michael Stewart will go easy on Neilson.

matty_f
01-02-2023, 10:18 PM
There's never been a club with such unjustified arrogance. And I say that when Aberdeen exist.

JimBHibees
02-02-2023, 06:08 AM
There's never been a club with such unjustified arrogance. And I say that when Aberdeen exist.

Very good point

Springbank
02-02-2023, 08:08 AM
I have a recollection that no team has finished 3rd in Scotland's top flight two seasons running this century - would that be right?

McSwanky
02-02-2023, 08:10 AM
Ferguson won the Cup Winners' Cup with Aberdeen at the age of 41.

Robbie Neilson is 42.

:I'm waiti

Alex Trager
02-02-2023, 08:32 AM

It’s madness.

Next time we have our foot on their throat, as Tommy Shelby says, never take it off. I despise their arrogant ways.

The issue is that football goes in cycles.

Crunchie
02-02-2023, 08:34 AM
It’s madness.

Next time we have our foot on their throat, as Tommy Shelby says, never take it off. I despise their arrogant ways.

The issue is that football goes in cycles.
And always will, people would do well to realise that.

Bostonhibby
02-02-2023, 08:48 AM
Think what the plum meant is he is going to be the greatest Hearts manager called Robbie Neilson ever.

Just been lost in translation, remember these are the people that gave cash to Mad Vlad in his cash for "shares" scam.

Pretty Boy
02-02-2023, 09:22 AM
A triumvirate of trumpets.

Imagine not only believing that nonsense but then spouting it publicly for the general public to see.

It's a shame really, someone should have stepped in and stopped him embarrassing himself further.

BILLYHIBS
02-02-2023, 11:05 AM
Jack Victor and Winston

Time for bed now guys

LaMotta
02-02-2023, 11:14 AM

On a work night out last night and we ended up somehow talking to some old school Hearts radges. One of them was giving the old big team, forever in our shadow nonsense constantly.

I asked him how old he was (52) and he shut up immediately when I pointed out that during his lifetime his big team had won less major trophies than Hibs. Never got a peep out of him after that about Hearts.:greengrin

McSwanky
02-02-2023, 11:49 AM
On a work night out last night and we ended up somehow talking to some old school Hearts radges. One of them was giving the old big team, forever in our shadow nonsense constantly.

I asked him how old he was (52) and he shut up immediately when I pointed out that during his lifetime his big team had won less major trophies than Hibs. Never got a peep out of him after that about Hearts.:greengrinA 52 year old giving you all that chat. Sums them up really.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Iain G
02-02-2023, 12:15 PM
Neilson Schmeilson!

LaMotta
02-02-2023, 12:31 PM
A 52 year old giving you all that chat. Sums them up really.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Aye exactly.

They all seemed to hate Neilson, which surprised me.

DIXIHIBS
02-02-2023, 12:33 PM
I have a recollection that no team has finished 3rd in Scotland's top flight two seasons running this century - would that be right?

Surely aberdeen done it several times after the huns went down?

Pretty Boy
02-02-2023, 01:01 PM
Surely aberdeen done it several times after the huns went down?

3rd
2nd
2nd
2nd
2nd
4th
4th

That was Aberdeen's finishing positions under McInnes during that period and beyond. Technically correct to say they didn't finish 3rd two seasons in a row but they did manage a fair bit better. Hearts and Rangers have both been 3rd twice in a row though.

3rd since 2000/01 season has been:

Hibs
Livingston
Hearts
Hearts
Hibs
Rangers
Aberdeen
Motherwell
Hearts
Dundee Utd
Hearts
Motherwell
St Johnstone
Aberdeen
ICT
Hearts
Rangers
Rangers
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Hibs
Hearts

One Day Soon
02-02-2023, 01:27 PM
Jesus Christ.

Don’t mix LSD and cardigans kids.

:tee hee:

Those muppets gave me the biggest laugh I've had in ages. Beyond parody.

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2023, 01:39 PM
All anybody needs to know about Heart of Midlothian FC is that they are the only club in the history of professional football to attempt to eradicate a rival club by using the stock market to affect a hostile takeover and close it down.

Their name should forever be a byword for all that's, undesirable and loathsome in the world of professional football.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2023, 02:13 PM
All anybody needs to know about Heart of Midlothian FC is that they are the only club in the history of professional football to attempt to eradicate a rival club by using the stock market to affect a hostile takeover and close it down.

Their name should forever be a byword for all that's, undesirable and loathsome in the world of professional football.

Sadly, folk still think it was a merger and would've been good for Scottish football.

brog
02-02-2023, 03:11 PM

Yep, 100% and never forget either that the person they used to try and wipe us out was the loathsome Spotty Rowland! The fact he's besties with the equally loathsome Prince Andrew tells you all you need to know. They say you're defined by the company you keep, in this case it's apposite for all 3 entities!

HarpOnHibee
02-02-2023, 03:59 PM
Sadly, folk still think it was a merger and would've been good for Scottish football.

Not a single Hibee has ever thought this or will ever think this.

DIXIHIBS
02-02-2023, 04:24 PM

Thought it was😀😀

TT07
02-02-2023, 04:37 PM

I blame the government, care in the community is just not up to the level to keep these three indoors.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2023, 05:28 PM
Not a single Hibee has ever thought this or will ever think this.

Who said they did?

Other people do, though.

Kato
02-02-2023, 05:46 PM
Who said they did?

Other people do, though.Ignorant people do.

Not that I bare a grudge: at the time Scotsman journo Mike Aitken was fully behind Wallace Mercer. From day one his spin was that it was inevitable and Hibs fans would have to suck it up. Another part of his spin was that Hearts would also be no more due to the merger, until Pilmar Smith spilled the beans and and told everyone "the new club will play at Tynecastle and be called Heart of Midlothian.

Archie McPherson in his Sunday Mail column a few weeks into the hostile takeover told Hibs to "give trying to save their club."

The 21st century spin Hearts fans put on that episode is as hilarious as it is fictitious- "they saved us", "Wallace Mercer saved us". The Hibernian fans and family saved Hibs, no one else. We are still alive along with Archie McPherson whilst Pilmer Smith, Mike Aitken and Wallace Mercer are all now dead.

Pagan Hibernia
02-02-2023, 06:29 PM

forever a stain on their name. No matter how many years pass, no amount of revisionism will wash that out of their history. Despicable.

and they talk about us as “the vermin” and the city’s underclass!

greenlex
02-02-2023, 07:14 PM
forever a stain on their name. No matter how many years pass, no amount of revisionism will wash that out of their history. Despicable.

and they talk about us as “the vermin” and the city’s underclass!
Don’t you besmirching their name. You’ll provoke a pompous statement imminently.

LustForLeith
02-02-2023, 07:22 PM
To be honest we’ve got plenty of slavers in our support

fiolex1
02-02-2023, 07:27 PM
Have you seen the nick of his bonce!
He cannae even manage a haircut!

Fergos
02-02-2023, 07:29 PM
Walked past a jambo on the way to tynie at last derby, he had a wallace mercer tshirt on….immediately started laughing at him, he bizarrely averted any stare and just walked on quietly.

A clown with a picture of a clown.

GGTTH

tamig
02-02-2023, 07:34 PM
On Sportscene now. Wonder if Michael Stewart will go easy on Neilson.

You mean “Robbie” surely? Always addressed that way by Mikey and the boys. As a side note, I know of quite a few former hertz diehards who have never been back there since 2016, with Neilson the sole reason for their absence. They will never forgive or forget. Great stuff 👍

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2023, 07:45 PM
You mean “Robbie” surely? Always addressed that way by Mikey and the boys. As a side note, I know of quite a few former hertz diehards who have never been back there since 2016, with Neilson the sole reason for their absence. They will never forgive or forget. Great stuff 👍

If disliking a manager keeps you away from seeing your team for 7 years, you are absolutely not a diehard.

tamig
02-02-2023, 07:48 PM
If disliking a manager keeps you away from seeing your team for 7 years, you are absolutely not a diehard.

They’re a different breed. The hatred of us tops everything.

weecounty hibby
02-02-2023, 08:15 PM
But most likely to be blowhards!

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2023, 10:16 PM
Don’t you besmirching their name. You’ll provoke a pompous statement imminently.

Heart of Midlowthian football club can confirm that today we have taken time of from wining WWI and robbing charaties to clear up a sichuashun regarding former chairman / owner Wallace Mercer.

Contrary to all known logik we can confirm that Mr Mercer's attempt to purchus Hibernian football club on behaf of Heart of Midlowthian football club was nothing less than an atempt to save the club and not, as sane people would contest, to close it down forever, leeving Heart of Midlowthian with a clear field to be the only club in Edinburgh.

This was nothing less than an altruistic move so bereft of nefarious self serving motive that Mr Mercer and Heart of Midlowthian were prepared to see Heart of Midlowthian FC, it's name, colours and history consigned to the football dustbin in order to form an Edinburgh United club.

We can confirm a fact not revealed until now. That Mr Mercer had even got to the stage of finalising the colours and name of the new club, after careful consideration of all opshuns those colours would have been maroon and white and the new stadium would have been called 'New Tynecastle' and rather than Edinburgh United a new name reflecting the history of both clubs had been chosen ...... Heart of Midlowthian to reflect the defunct Hearts and Football Club to represent the now saved Hibs.

Yours sinseerly Heart of Midlowthian football club.

eastmainsmsh
02-02-2023, 10:38 PM
Gets the gold valet haircut shave and still looks a scruffy ****

Carheenlea
02-02-2023, 10:49 PM
Gets the gold valet haircut shave and still looks a scruffy ****

I’d only noticed recently that “Robbie” had accepted defeat with the hairline and plumped for the close cropped cut/facial hair look. Works very well for most men of his age, but in his case it looks like he is resigned to just always looking like he’s spent the last week sleeping rough in a skip.

greenlex
03-02-2023, 02:17 PM
I’d only noticed recently that “Robbie” had accepted defeat with the hairline and plumped for the close cropped cut/facial hair look. Works very well for most men of his age, but in his case it looks like he is resigned to just always looking like he’s spent the last week sleeping rough in a skip.
I call it the “Honesty” cut.

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2023, 02:33 PM
Just imagine using the names Robbie Neilson and Alex Ferguson in the same sentence. There are some lunatics amongst that lot. Captain Caveman can't even get a haircut, a wash and a shave, the big tramp.

leith lynx
03-02-2023, 04:45 PM
Was Captain Caveman not Steven Presley? and ,"Robbie" Caveman Junior?.... either way they are both twattish tramps!😁

Hibees1973
03-02-2023, 04:51 PM
I've spoken to a few Yams I know who have seen that video.

Even they shook their heads and wanted to detach themselves from it.

Guess every support has their own delusioned element.

green day
03-02-2023, 04:54 PM
I've spoken to a few Yams I know who have seen that video.

Even they shook their heads and wanted to detach themselves from it.

Guess every support has their own delusioned element.

Who actually refers to them as that in the real world???

Either call them Jambos or *****..................

Hibbyradge
03-02-2023, 04:56 PM
Who actually refers to them as that in the real world???

Either call them Jambos or *****..................

Wtf?

Loads of folk call them yams and have done for years.

He can call the gunts anything he wants.

truehibernian
03-02-2023, 04:58 PM
It’s for this very reason I’m so so glad to support Hibs and not that deluded self righteous mob.

What flag are they bringing back to Tynecastle? The one that was attached to that plane ? 😂

Best moment on Wednesday was The Rangers fans going “Ssshhhhhh” and it being completely audible around that library 😂👍

Carheenlea
03-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Wtf?

Must admit, it’s not a phrase I use or any of my Hibs friends group either.

Actually can’t say I’ve ever heard anyone say it in pub/at game and only ever see it written on posts on here to be honest!

tamig
04-02-2023, 10:16 AM
Wtf?

I’ve only ever seen the yam reference in type on here. Never heard anyone say it in person in my life when talking about that mob.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2023, 10:25 AM
I’ve only ever seen the yam reference in type on here. Never heard anyone say it in person in my life when talking about that mob.

I've never heard anyone say NHC either, but I know what it means. :wink:

It's a hibs.net term. No harm in it and if it annoys a few yams then all the better!

I certainly don't think folk should get pulled up for using it.

oneone73
04-02-2023, 10:25 AM

Me neither.

Bostonhibby
04-02-2023, 11:21 AM
Wtf?

He can call the gunts anything he wants.My general group of Hibbies that I travel with or meet when I'm up frequently use the Yam description, bit of fun, ugly looking Maroon coloured vegetable, what's not to like.

Our one family yam doesn't like it.

Maybe it's an age thing?

Other names are available.....