PDA

View Full Version : Ross McCrorrie

Stokesy's on fire
29-01-2023, 01:05 PM
What a total disaster he has turned out to be. Rolls Royce player...Na!

Svengali
29-01-2023, 01:06 PM
Remember he was giving it the big one ‘we expect to come here and win’. After they narrowly beat us 1-0 at ER, through a penalty.

Get it up ye

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2023, 01:09 PM
Remember he was giving it the big one ‘we expect to come here and win’. After they narrowly beat us 1-0 at ER, through a penalty.

Get it up ye

Yep. 4 defeats and a draw at Easter Road since then. Daft hun *******. Oh, and twice finished below Hibs.

Iain G
29-01-2023, 01:36 PM

I see Rolls Royce and I think big, bloated, slow on the turn, expensive waste of money...

Tarrahib
29-01-2023, 01:39 PM
We avoided a bullet there.

04Sauzee
29-01-2023, 01:40 PM
I'd be raging if I was an Aberdeen fan , absolute disgrace of a performance yesterday.

BILLYHIBS
29-01-2023, 01:41 PM
Money grabbing Dud

File beside Ojo

Big_Franck
29-01-2023, 01:41 PM
So glad we didn't sign him. He's bang average even when he's playing at his best. He'll be on a decent wage there as well.

LeithMike
29-01-2023, 01:58 PM
I thought he was Aberdeen’s best player and looked really good at full back, particularly going forward. Remarked that I’d take him at Hibs and chap beside me agreed.

Funny old game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
29-01-2023, 02:04 PM
He was brutal yesterday.

Not a patch on Scales though. He put in one or the worst individual performances I have ever seen at Easter Road. He looked like he had been plucked from the crowd. I almost felt sorry for him, his ineptitude was verging on embarrassing.

loanheadhibby
29-01-2023, 02:09 PM
He was brutal yesterday.

Not a patch on Scales though. He put in one or the worst individual performances I have ever seen at Easter Road. He looked like he had been plucked from the crowd. I almost felt sorry for him, his ineptitude was verging on embarrassing.

McCrorrie not great but he could have done a job for us. He can cover a few positions. Plays most weeks. A big athletic player in the right team.

Wilson
29-01-2023, 02:12 PM
I thought he was Aberdeen’s best player and looked really good at full back, particularly going forward. Remarked that I’d take him at Hibs and chap beside me agreed.

Funny old game.

As long as you and he are not scouts for Ian Gordon we're okay.

Stokesy's on fire
29-01-2023, 02:29 PM

Funny old game.

The lads certified dug crap. For long enough now he has struggled and now the Aberdeen fans are even calling for him to be emptied

Cat Stanton
29-01-2023, 02:41 PM

I think (?) he was played out of position yesterday? One of the match reports was pointing out that Goodwin was playing various players out of position, McCrorie included.

green day
29-01-2023, 02:44 PM
I don't think he's crap, hes suffering from being played in all sorts of positions because he can.

A bit like Campbell last season.

Keep him in midfield, he's a good player.

Clarence
29-01-2023, 03:19 PM
I see Rolls Royce and I think big, bloated, slow on the turn, expensive waste of money...

He’s an absolute Phantom.

O'Rourke3
29-01-2023, 04:18 PM
Thought he was one player that kept going yesterday. As said by others, is played all over the park by the last two managers.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

ManchesterGreen
29-01-2023, 04:22 PM
Cracking player but not helped by playing different positions all the time.

Scales however , was absolutely shocking yesterday. Looked like he’d won a competition let alone being good enough to play for them.

GreenPJ
Thought he was one player that kept going yesterday. As said by others, is played all over the park by the last two managers.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Agreed. In the right team in his strongest position he would/will be a very good player.

LeithMike
As long as you and he are not scouts for Ian Gordon we're okay.

I’m thinking you are Ian Gordon. [emoji6]

gbhibby
29-01-2023, 06:01 PM
He should be used as DM would have him in our team playing in that position.

Potty78
29-01-2023, 06:07 PM
Dont want him near our club, he took great pleasure in turning us down for them. He's been hung out to dry by Dons though. Probably a midfielder and thats all!

Stevie Reid
29-01-2023, 06:15 PM
He was brutal yesterday.

I was saying to my mates after the Darvel game on Monday, and again yesterday, that it’s astonishing that Postecoglu signed Scales for Celtic. He’s ****ing hopeless.

04Sauzee
29-01-2023, 06:16 PM
If a 6'3 McCrorie gets out-muscled by 6' Youan then I'd have him nowhere near my team

superfurryhibby
29-01-2023, 06:18 PM
If a 6'3 McCrorie gets out-muscled by 6' Youan then I'd have him nowhere near my team

He is a big laddie, but he was honking yesterday . Dodged a bullet etc...

Jim44
29-01-2023, 10:17 PM
Dont want him near our club, he took great pleasure in turning us down for them. He's been hung out to dry by Dons though. Probably a midfielder and thats all!

I don’t think he did take pleasure in going to Aberdeen before us. He was on the verge of signing for us, jersey had been printed etc. but, at the very last minute, mainly due to the belligerence of Gerrard, the deal fell through and Aberdeen jumped in and got him. He probably felt obliged or was persuaded to make a thing of going up there.

big gogs
30-01-2023, 12:22 PM
I don’t think he did take pleasure in going to Aberdeen before us. He was on the verge of signing for us, jersey had been printed etc. but, at the very last minute, mainly due to the belligerence of Gerrard, the deal fell through and Aberdeen jumped in and got him. He probably felt obliged or was persuaded to make a thing of going up there.
I believe that is the story,he wanted to sign for us ,but as you said,gerrard moved the goalposts.

Joe6-2
30-01-2023, 12:28 PM
I believe that is the story,he wanted to sign for us ,but as you said,gerrard moved the goalposts.

Don’t think I’ve ever taken such a dislike to anyone like I have to Gerrard

Since452
30-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Thank goodness we didn't sign him. Vastly overrated. Aberdeen's problem. Thanks Slippy G.

Northernhibee
30-01-2023, 01:19 PM
Chris Wilder linked with Aberdeen.

Jim44
30-01-2023, 01:39 PM

Don’t think I’ve ever taken such a dislike to anyone like I have to Gerrard

Not just a story. I heard it from someone who witnessed the ‘event’. Gerrard was quite belligerent and insulting towards Hibs.
A lot of folk think butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth but he, apparently, can be really sneaky and unpleasant.

James Stephen
30-01-2023, 01:54 PM
Chris Wilder linked with Aberdeen.

Wow. What an appointment that would be.

Potty78
30-01-2023, 02:00 PM
Cheers for the info 👍🏻

KWJ
31-01-2023, 09:02 AM
If it was announced today that he was signing for us I'd be pretty happy.

easty
31-01-2023, 09:11 AM

Same

LeithMike
31-01-2023, 12:10 PM

Me too. Think he’s a really good full back.

Big_Franck
01-02-2023, 06:58 PM
This bum has now been sent off after a few minutes in Aberdeen's game tonight. They'll be better off without him when he's suspended.

Stokesy's on fire
01-02-2023, 07:00 PM
What a dud

JohnM1875
01-02-2023, 07:49 PM
Never a red card in a million years for me!

Stokesy's on fire
01-02-2023, 07:50 PM

Hands are raised he's messed up big time

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2023, 07:50 PM

Arch-Dons Miller and Gordon agree with the ref.

JohnM1875
01-02-2023, 07:53 PM
Hands are raised he's messed up big time

Only see one angle to be fair, and looks like all he's done has put his arms up to try and get in front of the player and run past him. Be interesting to see another angle

04Sauzee
01-02-2023, 07:57 PM

Red all day long from the footage I seen.

Stokesy's on fire
01-02-2023, 07:59 PM
Red all day long from the footage I seen.

Totally agree

04Sauzee
01-02-2023, 08:02 PM
Only see one angle to be fair, and looks like all he's done has put his arms up to try and get in front of the player and run past him. Be interesting to see another angle

This is the angle I seen and I honestly see this as a red

https://twitter.com/greghamilton13/status/1620873974996701184?t=Cf58pys1HIopRBvD5SWNgg&s=19

JohnM1875
01-02-2023, 08:05 PM
This is the angle I seen and I honestly see this as a red

https://twitter.com/greghamilton13/status/1620873974996701184?t=Cf58pys1HIopRBvD5SWNgg&s=19

Same angle I watched as well. I can see why it's given with the intent rules no longer a thing. But that's a complete accident and he's trying to run past a player.

04Sauzee
01-02-2023, 08:07 PM
Same angle I watched as well. I can see why it's given with the intent rules no longer a thing. But that's a complete accident and he's trying to run past a player.

It's fine football is all about opinions at the end of the day and our are just different in this case 🙂

easty
01-02-2023, 08:08 PM
It’s never a red.

easty
01-02-2023, 08:09 PM

Yep, and the only reason he even has to do that is cos the St Mirren boy tries to stop him going past.

Kato
Same angle I watched as well. I can see why it's given with the intent rules no longer a thing. But that's a complete accident and he's trying to run past a player.If you try to run past a player and elbow him in the face it's a red card.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

easty
If you try to run past a player and elbow him in the face it's a red card.

He didn’t try to elbow him

Dunbar Hibee
01-02-2023, 08:10 PM
Nah, not a red for me. He’s just running and trying to get past

lyonhibs
01-02-2023, 08:16 PM
That's a red, that last little movement with the elbow was unnatural/unnecessary.

Plus it's Aberdeen so it's funny

Hibby Bairn
01-02-2023, 08:18 PM
VAR and refereeing opinions summed up perfectly in this thread.

People will see things differently.

danhibees1875
01-02-2023, 08:48 PM
Never a red, a yellow for the StMirren player.

But it's Aberdeen so it's funny.

Big_Franck
01-02-2023, 09:19 PM
That's a red, that last little movement with the elbow was unnatural/unnecessary.

Plus it's Aberdeen so it's funny

Agreed. You can't lift your arm and smash a player in the face as you run at pace and then be surprised to see a red card.

JimBHibees
01-02-2023, 09:21 PM
Thought it was a red strange to put your elbow up like that.

RyeSloan
01-02-2023, 09:46 PM
Agreed. You can't lift your arm and smash a player in the face as you run at pace and then be surprised to see a red card.

What about if the other player has deliberately impeded you, throwing you off balance which causes your arms to move in order that you don’t immediately face plant the grass?

For me it’s just really unlucky and there is no intent what so ever.

But I can see why some (incl the Ref) would think otherwise.

Either way it’s rather enjoyable seeing Aberdeen implode so successfully [emoji1787]

HarpOnHibee
01-02-2023, 09:55 PM
If you slow the footage down, McCrorrie begins the process of raising his arms upwards just before the St Mirren player begins to reach out (at waist height) to impede his run. There was no good reason for McCrorrie to raise his arms that high. If he wanted to try and fend off the impediment, he could have kept his arms at chest level. He knew what he was doing by raising his arm up to the face.

JamesHFC
01-02-2023, 09:58 PM
If you slow the footage down, McCrorrie begins the process of raising his arms upwards just before the St Mirren player begins to reach out (at waist height) to impede his run. There was no good reason for McCrorrie to raise his arms that high. If he wanted to try and fend off the impediment, he could have kept his arms at chest level. He knew what he was doing by raising his arm up to the face.

Yep I think there was definitely intent of violent conduct.

Callum_62
01-02-2023, 10:00 PM
If you slow the footage down, McCrorrie begins the process of raising his arms upwards just before the St Mirren player begins to reach out (at waist height) to impede his run. There was no good reason for McCrorrie to raise his arms that high. If he wanted to try and fend off the impediment, he could have kept his arms at chest level. He knew what he was doing by raising his arm up to the face.Not for me, he's raised his arms to go over the St mirren boy who's trying to clothes line him

Mind Mcrorie has skinned him and moving dangerously in on St mirrens goal

Harsh as anything for me

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230201/537fdcb78d2d33be4bca8546f843cbf4.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Donegal Hibby
01-02-2023, 10:01 PM
I think Ross McCrorie knew what he doing , you can't lift your arm to another players face like that .It's definitely worthy red card imo .

matty_f
01-02-2023, 10:24 PM
I think Ross McCrorie knew what he doing , you can't lift your arm to another players face like that .It's definitely worthy red card imo .

I can see why it's been given. I think some decisions are open to interpretation and if I could make a legitimate case either way then I would accept the ref's decision.

greenlex
01-02-2023, 10:26 PM
I can see why it's been given. I think some decisions are open to interpretation and if I could make a legitimate case either way then I would accept the ref's decision.

This is why refs including the VAR twats should be explaining the decision. Then we can disagree with their interpretations instead of guessing.

Since452
02-02-2023, 05:44 AM
Another example of poor play and awarenes by McCrorie. You can't have your arms up like that.

JimBHibees
02-02-2023, 05:59 AM

Agree could easily have pushed Dunne rather than have his elbow that high. Still a red for me.

wallpaperman
02-02-2023, 06:03 AM
Interesting how we see it so differently, not a sending off for me, the defender is trying to rugby tackle him, McCrorrie’s raising his arms to try and shrug him off.

Kato
02-02-2023, 07:11 AM
He didn’t try to elbow himHow do you know?

And

It doesn't matter if he tried or not, he did.

B.H.F.C
02-02-2023, 08:02 AM

They said on the radio that VAR took an absolute age to look at it. Then the ref took an age to look at the screen.

For me, that tells its own story. If you look at something long enough, when you’re actually looking for something, you’ll see it.

They should have a limit on the length of time a VAR review can take. Some of them sitting on VAR are more interested in trying to re-referee the game.

Crunchie
02-02-2023, 08:14 AM
Agree could easily have pushed Dunne rather than have his elbow that high. Still a red for me.
I've seen it 3 times and can't see how it's anything other than a straight red, a forearm smash to the noggin Mick McManus would have been proud of.

Since452
02-02-2023, 08:20 AM
Interesting how we see it so differently, not a sending off for me, the defender is trying to rugby tackle him, McCrorrie’s raising his arms to try and shrug him off.

It is interesting actually and shows that VAR is still only based on human opinion. And we can have different ones. Most of us thought Marshall was fouled on Tuesday. The VAR folk didn't. Other way round last night. I don't think it's improved things at all.

ChilliEater
02-02-2023, 10:11 AM
It is interesting actually and shows that VAR is still only based on human opinion. And we can have different ones. Most of us thought Marshall was fouled on Tuesday. The VAR folk didn't. Other way round last night. I don't think it's improved things at all.

I think it is showing how corrupt Scottish football is though. Football is a fairly simple game, so most decisions the refs have to make are pretty straightforward, but there will always be some that are a bit less clear cut, like McRorrie's red. You'd expect the clear cut ones to be called correctly 95% of the time and the borderline one's to even out over a season so teams generally get a similar number falling in their favour - allowing for a bit of human error and matters of opinion. Is that happening, or are some teams getting a balance of decisions very much in their favour while others suffer?

FWIW, I thought it was a red. Looked like a deliberate forearm smash to me, but accept others would see it differently.

erin go bragh
02-02-2023, 12:35 PM
Doesn’t even look a yellow but hell mend him for signing for them

HoboHarry
02-02-2023, 03:27 PM
I think it is showing how corrupt Scottish football is though. Football is a fairly simple game, so most decisions the refs have to make are pretty straightforward, but there will always be some that are a bit less clear cut, like McRorrie's red. You'd expect the clear cut ones to be called correctly 95% of the time and the borderline one's to even out over a season so teams generally get a similar number falling in their favour - allowing for a bit of human error and matters of opinion. Is that happening, or are some teams getting a balance of decisions very much in their favour while others suffer?

FWIW, I thought it was a red. Looked like a deliberate forearm smash to me, but accept others would see it differently.

The rights and wrongs can be argued for this instance but I'd be genuinely astonished if a sevco player was sent off for that.

JohnM1875
02-02-2023, 03:28 PM
The rights and wrongs can be argued for this instance but I'd be genuinely astonished if a sevco player was sent off for that.

Var would experience technical difficulties during the incident then magically start working again shortly after.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2023, 03:44 PM
Aberdeen appealing it

Broken Gnome
02-02-2023, 06:13 PM

Reminded of what Gascoigne did constantly for Rangers. Ironically one of the worst games for it was against Aberdeen at Ibrox - bet they weren't thinking the odd swinging arm wasn't so innocuous then.

Eyrie
02-02-2023, 07:30 PM
They said on the radio that VAR took an absolute age to look at it. Then the ref took an age to look at the screen.

For me, that tells its own story. If you look at something long enough, when you’re actually looking for something, you’ll see it.

They should have a limit on the length of time a VAR review can take. Some of them sitting on VAR are more interested in trying to re-referee the game.

I've said that from the start.

VAR is meant to fix clear and obvious errors, so by definition anything that takes longer than 60 seconds can't be clear and obvious.

Mind you, VAR couldn't even see a clear and obvious foul on Marshall on Tuesday regardless of how long it took.

tamig
02-02-2023, 07:38 PM
Me too. Think he’s a really good full back.

I think he’s a much better midfielder.

Crunchie
02-02-2023, 08:08 PM
Reminded of what Gascoigne did constantly for Rangers. Ironically one of the worst games for it was against Aberdeen at Ibrox - bet they weren't thinking the odd swinging arm wasn't so innocuous then.
More like a Terry Butcher than a Gascoigne if you ask me.

BILLYHIBS
03-02-2023, 05:55 PM
Aberdeen’s appeal against Wednesday’s red card booted out

JimBHibees
03-02-2023, 05:59 PM

Quite right imo

lyonhibs
03-02-2023, 06:10 PM

Happy days

04Sauzee
03-02-2023, 06:42 PM

Immediate 2 match ban now

Donegal Hibby
03-02-2023, 09:20 PM
Not for me, he's raised his arms to go over the St mirren boy who's trying to clothes line him

Mind Mcrorie has skinned him and moving dangerously in on St mirrens goal

Harsh as anything for me

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230201/537fdcb78d2d33be4bca8546f843cbf4.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Different angle here . Red all day long for me .
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10167521/aberdeen-ross-mccrorie-red-card-appeal-elbow-st-mirren/

gbhibby
03-02-2023, 10:08 PM
Aberdeen’s appeal against Wednesday’s red card booted outhttps://images.app.goo.gl/41SMfE7xmiDCXmFo8
Didn't know she played for the Dons[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
03-02-2023, 10:22 PM

No shock sadly I think they will play better without this clown

Donegal Hibby
03-02-2023, 10:30 PM
No shock sadly I think they will play better without this clown
Never rated McCrorie actually , think we dodged the bullet there ( £400,000 I think was the fee ) . We could have had him and OJO , seem to remember Dons fans being delighted they beat us in signing them 😂