PDA

View Full Version : If it had have been LJ sacked

Irish_Steve
29-01-2023, 11:50 AM
Do you think there would have been so much hand-wringing and isn't he a jolly good fellow if LJ was sacked and not Goodwin. Sportscene was cringy but nothing new there.

darwenhibby
29-01-2023, 11:53 AM
So was sky sports just now

green day
29-01-2023, 12:03 PM
Do you think there would have been so much hand-wringing and isn't he a jolly good fellow if LJ was sacked and not Goodwin. Sportscene was cringy but nothing new there.

No, and the radio last night post match was ridiculous as well, Goodwin is just another of "the guys".

Fairly sure they would have absolutely hung, drawn and quartered Hibs if the result had gone the other way.

Iain G
29-01-2023, 12:19 PM
No, and the radio last night post match was ridiculous as well, Goodwin is just another of "the guys".

Fairly sure they would have absolutely hung, drawn and quartered Hibs if the result had gone the other way.

Stephen Thompson was on the radio deflecting for his "mate" Goodwin. He is part of the in crowd at the BBC and we will see him on the sportscene sofa soon am sure

Up-the-slope
29-01-2023, 02:40 PM

No... while I have generally liked Mikey Stewart as a pundit, in the last few months (maybe since LJ came in :dunno:) he has had a pop at Hibs at any opportunity (admittedly club / players / manager have made themselves an easy target) .. but he seemed genuinely gutted Hibs won 6-0 and I got the feeling he would have been happy had it been the other way round as that would have suited his narrative

greenlex
29-01-2023, 02:56 PM
Stephen Thompson was on the radio deflecting for his "mate" Goodwin. He is part of the in crowd at the BBC and we will see him on the sportscene sofa soon am sure
No doubt he will guest but you do realise they were team mates aye?

greenlex
29-01-2023, 02:58 PM

Watched it last night and absolutely slaughtered Aberdeen. Not much praise for us conversely.

greenlex
29-01-2023, 02:59 PM
I still don’t think LJ is the manager to take us forward.

Iain G
29-01-2023, 03:19 PM
No doubt he will guest but you do realise they were team mates aye?

I assumed they must have played together at some point, it was more the lack of impartiality from BBC Scotland again. If LJ was sacked the narrative would be very different.

Bobby's Cinema
29-01-2023, 03:41 PM
Yes it was all about the players and not their good pal Jim. Great to deal with, a guy has lost his job etc etc.
"Where do you think it went wrong for Jim?"

Nothing on his 8 match ban for classless irresponsible comments.
Nothing on his 'we're going to Ibrox to attack' and conceding 4.
Nothing on his surrendering at home to Celtic conceding 33 shots at goal.

Those are just the obvious ones from the outside.
A guy who thought he was so much better than he is. Back down to earth I suspect.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63364622

Diclonius
29-01-2023, 04:10 PM
Cowan said he wanted Johnson sacked on Off the Ball before the game. Pretty transparent tbh.

H18 SFR
29-01-2023, 04:29 PM
Cowan said he wanted Johnson sacked on Off the Ball before the game. Pretty transparent tbh.

He also spoke at length re how Aberdeen at 5/2 was printing money.

Carheenlea
29-01-2023, 04:40 PM
BBC Scotland football for a long time has been a proper old clique.

Same pundits, same favourite clubs and same favourite “personalities” in the game. Goodwin is one of the “lads”, as is “Robbie” and “Craig”.

Lee Johnson’s face doesn’t fit though and Hibs in general are unpopular amongst the regular team on Sportsound and Sportscene.

From getting to the car after the game until well after 5.30, you’d be forgiven for thinking you’d tuned into Radio Aberdeen. Everyone else got squeezed into 15 minutes token coverage at the end. We’re paying for that farce of a show as licence fee holders too.

Cocaine&Caviar
29-01-2023, 04:57 PM
No... while I have generally liked Mikey Stewart as a pundit, in the last few months (maybe since LJ came in :dunno:) he has had a pop at Hibs at any opportunity (admittedly club / players / manager have made themselves an easy target) .. but he seemed genuinely gutted Hibs won 6-0 and I got the feeling he would have been happy had it been the other way round as that would have suited his narrative

He was slating Youan on Radio Scotland pre-game

Iain G
29-01-2023, 05:04 PM

Unfunny weegie ****.

HarpOnHibee
29-01-2023, 05:10 PM
We’re paying for that farce of a show as licence fee holders too.

Some of us have more sense than that and have done for years.

Lago
29-01-2023, 05:13 PM
BBC Scotland football for a long time has been a proper old clique.

Same pundits, same favourite clubs and same favourite “personalities” in the game. Goodwin is one of the “lads”, as is “Robbie” and “Craig”.

Lee Johnson’s face doesn’t fit though and Hibs in general are unpopular amongst the regular team on Sportsound and Sportscene.

From getting to the car after the game until well after 5.30, you’d be forgiven for thinking you’d tuned into Radio Aberdeen. Everyone else got squeezed into 15 minutes token coverage at the end. We’re paying for that farce of a show as licence fee holders too.
Not just BBC Scotland, Scottish football in general, they don't like incomers.

Ronniekirk
29-01-2023, 05:27 PM
I remember going to one of his live recordings fir a football tv show he was on back in the day
He was the comedian that did the warm up as well He asked if there were any hibs supporters in the audience ( we had beat them 6. 1 I think it was ,at Firpark earlier in the day )
I stupidly put my hand up the only Hibee to out himself .
He asked my name and said we’re you at the game today .I replied yes with a big grin on my face
His retort was ,I hope you die of AIDS Cue loads of audience laughing

Felt a right twat ffs

loanheadhibby
29-01-2023, 05:28 PM

You may prove to be right. I was of same thought but definitely starting to see chinks of light. I thought we played some really good football over last couple of games especially.

I wish for LJ that he had been dealt a better hand injury wise. Appreciate all teams have injuries but not having Nisbet, Boyle & Big Dave for long periods has made his job harder.

I am also enjoying the fact that he is getting rid of some of the dross in our squad. I’d def give him to end of season.

Since452
29-01-2023, 05:36 PM
LJ is an "outsider". Simple as that. I bet most of the media were willing Aberdeen to win yesterday. GIRUY.

whiskyhibby
29-01-2023, 05:38 PM

I haven’t listened to this proagramme since Cowan outed himself as a blatant misogynist and all round waste of a human genome several years ago……….

Irish_Steve
29-01-2023, 05:40 PM

I won a t-shirt from Off the Ball decades ago, maybe I’ll send it back lol

WestCoastHibby
29-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Guarantee Jim Couldntwin will be one of the “lads” with Kenny McIntyre within 4-6 weeks max.
Absolute joke of a programme

WestCoastHibby
29-01-2023, 05:47 PM
Watched it last night and absolutely slaughtered Aberdeen. Not much praise for us conversely.

Willie Miller was pretty decent towards Hibs tbf on the afternoon, saying it wasn’t just about how bad Aberdeen were but that we played really well

JimBHibees
29-01-2023, 05:49 PM

Did he? Why so

Billy Whizz
29-01-2023, 05:51 PM
Did he? Why so

It was actually Cosgrove. He was asked which one he wanted sacked after yesterdays game, and he said LJ. Something about him being a cheeky cockney or words to that effect

Potty78
29-01-2023, 05:53 PM

So who is?

Potty78
29-01-2023, 05:54 PM

Hope his beloved Motherwell go down 👍🏻

greenlex
29-01-2023, 05:56 PM
So who is?
Dunno. Someone who won’t throw players under the bus. Someone who will play players in their positions. Someone who doesn’t slaver as much.

WestCoastHibby
29-01-2023, 06:40 PM
It was actually Cosgrove. He was asked which one he wanted sacked after yesterdays game, and he said LJ. Something about him being a cheeky cockney or words to that effect

Says the man that made a few million working for Channel 4 “dahn saff”

Onion
29-01-2023, 07:58 PM

Sadly, 90% of what MS has said about Hibs over last few months has been spot on. He likely (and probably rightly) thinks even this win changes nothing, and simply doesn't feel the same level of relief many Hibs fans do.

Irish_Steve
29-01-2023, 08:10 PM
Sadly, 90% of what MS has said about Hibs over last few months has been spot on. He likely (and probably rightly) thinks even this win changes nothing, and simply doesn't feel the same level of relief many Hibs fans do.

We still don’t have an identity. MS is turning into a bitter man with regards to us, it was like it was our fault we won 6 - O

basehibby
29-01-2023, 08:26 PM
MS has dug himself into a hole re Hibs and LJ IMO (soz for all the abbreviations- hibs.net regs understand!) and therefore finds it hard to give credit where its due. He is a usually intelligent voice on Scottish football that I appreciate more than most.

Just_Jimmy
29-01-2023, 08:57 PM
I remember going to one of his live recordings fir a football tv show he was on back in the day
He was the comedian that did the warm up as well He asked if there were any hibs supporters in the audience ( we had beat them 6. 1 I think it was ,at Firpark earlier in the day )
He asked my name and said we’re you at the game today .I replied yes with a big grin on my face

Felt a right twat ffsI've got a thick skin and I like a laugh at my own expense.

That's just utterly vile.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
30-01-2023, 06:24 AM

Ok cheers

JimBHibees
30-01-2023, 06:25 AM
I've got a thick skin and I like a laugh at my own expense.

That's just utterly vile.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Yep horrific patter

Diclonius
30-01-2023, 09:48 AM

Felt a right twat ffs

If this is genuine that's the kind of thing that can come back to bite you.

Utterly unacceptable in any context.