PDA

View Full Version : The Highlights - a reality check

Dashing Bob S
28-01-2023, 09:55 PM
Just watched them. The A’deen defending brought me back down to earth. Worse than ours in the two games against the Yams. Watch them at the header for that 6th…

Key West
28-01-2023, 10:03 PM
Just watched them. The A’deen defending brought me back down to earth. Worse than ours in the two games against the Yams. Watch them at the header for that 6th…

Nice positive comments about a historical win.

ErinGoBraghHFC
28-01-2023, 10:07 PM

They were 5-0 down at that point, what difference does it make? Would you fling yourself at a ball going over your head and risk being out for the next few games with concussion when you’re 5-0 down? Especially when you realistically know you’re going to have a new manager to prove yourself to? Come on now, Hibs were brilliant today. Yes their defending wasn’t good but it’s the SPFL mate, outside of the ugly sisters and maybe hertz no one has a very good defence imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
28-01-2023, 10:09 PM
A weak team ripped apart by a finally-clicked Hibs.

Fear us.

Cat Stanton
28-01-2023, 10:18 PM

Perfectly reasonable comments. As said by others on other threads, it's hard to gauge how good a performance it was from Hibs, given how bad Aberdeen - and especially their defence - was.

CmoantheHibs
28-01-2023, 10:24 PM
Yawn.

DIXIHIBS
28-01-2023, 10:24 PM
Ffs we just recorded our best ever result against aberdeen and still negative comments. Sure they were poor but hibs played well all over the park today. For me campbell/fish outstanding. For once just enjoy the moment coz results like this dont come round very often.

Since452
28-01-2023, 10:26 PM
Poor defending has cost us loads this season. About time we took advantage of another teams poor defending. We were clinical today. My only gripe is it should have been 8 or 9. Aberdeen got away with one today. 6-0 was a good result for them.

basehibby
28-01-2023, 10:39 PM

Granted it was a historic win - doesn't mean the context of an Aberdeen in disarray is irrelevant though.
Great performances right through the team but we all know we are down to the bare bones and desperately need reinforcing

Hibbyradge
28-01-2023, 10:42 PM
Granted it was a historic win - doesn't mean the context of an Aberdeen in disarray is irrelevant though.
Great performances right through the team but we all know we are down to the bare bones and desperately need reinforcing

A lot of people thought Aberdeen would gub us today. They beat us 4-1 a few weeks ago.

Give Hibs the full credit.

Lago
28-01-2023, 10:44 PM
Some people are determined not to enjoy the moment.

Unseen work
28-01-2023, 10:44 PM
I’ve been surprised how bad Joe Lewis is now, seems incapable of saving a shot.

H18 SFR
28-01-2023, 10:46 PM

Lucky win all things considered?????

superfurryhibby
28-01-2023, 10:47 PM
Nah.

RyeSloan
28-01-2023, 10:50 PM
I’ve been surprised how bad Joe Lewis is now, seems incapable of saving a shot.

Yup always rated him but has been poor for a while now.

LewysGot2
28-01-2023, 10:56 PM
I dinnae need a reality check.

We won 6-0 against Aberdeen.

To forensically criticise that is as meaningful as us claiming we battered Hearts 0-3 last week.

We were the better team last week and this. Give me this week every time.

worcesterhibby
28-01-2023, 11:01 PM
Committed, positive, skillful play..highlights Aberdeen lack of organisation.we Won 6-0 if y9ur a real Hibby, you should be pissed and singing! Get a life you miserable git

Donegal Hibby
28-01-2023, 11:48 PM
The reality check is we battered Aberdeen today 6 - 0 and our team played really well and to a man everyone was excellent. Considering we lost Porto and have Boyle , Rocky and Magennis out I think we should just enjoy a really good win .:thumbsup:

Glory Lurker
28-01-2023, 11:52 PM
Hearts could only manage to beat them 5-0.

DH1875
29-01-2023, 12:00 AM
No need.

CallumLaidlaw
29-01-2023, 12:02 AM

See when we beat Rangers 4-0 in the championship, did we sit and take it apart saying it wasn’t the rangers of old etc? Nah we just enjoyed it.

Get a grip.

Diclonius
29-01-2023, 12:04 AM
We won 6-0 against Aberdeen ffs.

KWJ
29-01-2023, 12:45 AM

I'd rather enjoy all our goals, especially the 2nd and 4th.

But if you'd rather get all angry about Sibbick's goal when we're chasing the game and have our CB ****** on the touchline you bash on.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-01-2023, 12:51 AM
I smell yam 💩

CL0762
29-01-2023, 12:53 AM
****ing hell.

6-0 win at home and still folk are picking apart.

See instead of whinging about how ***** the opposition were, maybe just try and enjoy what Hibs done to them today. Regardless of how ***** they were, we were clinical and played some really nice stuff throughout.

Get a ****ing grip.

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2023, 12:54 AM
A lot of people thought Aberdeen would gub us today. They beat us 4-1 a few weeks ago.

Give Hibs the full credit.

Tbh, no one who knows anything about football thought this. Aberdeen are dreadful away from home. We were always winning yesterday. Didn't expect 6-0 mind.

brydekirk
29-01-2023, 01:11 AM
Committed, positive, skillful play..highlights Aberdeen lack of organisation.we Won 6-0 if y9ur a real Hibby, you should be pissed and singing! Get a life you miserable git

😂

JohnM1875
29-01-2023, 01:16 AM

Honestly?

marinello59
29-01-2023, 04:41 AM
I think DBS has his tongue firmly in his cheek. :greengrin

SMAXXA
29-01-2023, 06:08 AM
Ridiculous thread, if we arnt getting credit for beating teams once a man’s been sent off (game was done before scales red) it’s now because the other team didn’t defend well 😂. You can only beat what’s in front of you and we did that overwhelmingly.

Northernhibee
29-01-2023, 06:14 AM
A lot of unwarranted and downright uncalled for responses. Perfectly reasonable assessment of Aberdeen.

The game kind of reminded me of the 0-9 Dundee United Vs Celtic game. One team started off strongly and played well throughout, and the other collapsed and truth be told in either game in a parallel universe it could have ended up double figures.

We were very good, and that is the worst Aberdeen will perform for many a year. The two don’t have to be exclusive.

500miles
29-01-2023, 07:30 AM
There were points during that game where it felt like the Aberdeen players were trying to get Goodwin sacked.

Dashing Bob S
29-01-2023, 07:41 AM
Absolutely delighted by the win, and the scale of it and performance of the team. It was a historic result worth celebrating and I’ve a hangover to prove it.

That said, I think too many people on this thread are professional celebrators rather than supporters.

If you genuinely support a team you are desperate for them to improve, and try to assess a performance with that in mind, which includes taking into account the standard and morale of the opposition.

While Aberdeen were poor, you have to beat what is in front of you and we’ve failed to do that many times this season.

But I believe Ross County, coming off a decent win, will provide a more realistic test of where we’re at.

But the goal of every true Hibs fan should be incremental, sustained long term improvement of the team. It’s far from ‘negative’ to have this as an aspiration.

sambajustice
29-01-2023, 07:49 AM

Too many times in the past teams in complete disarray have come up against Hibs and papped them tonget themselves back on track. Good to see we were totally ruthless and didn't let that happen this time.

jeffers
29-01-2023, 07:58 AM
That was one of the worst Aberdeen sides I’ve seen yesterday in terms of performance. They had zero structure and looked like they had no idea how to defend. That being said, we were really good yesterday, to say otherwise would be a lie. It was the type of performance that Johnson said we should expect from his sides. Up to him and the players to continue that in future games.

Stubbsy90+2
29-01-2023, 07:58 AM
How bad is Liam Scales? I think he could be the worst footballer I’ve ever seen. 24 years old as well so he’s not even a laddie.

To think of what he’ll be getting paid by Celtic. Astonishing stuff.

Greenbeard
29-01-2023, 08:25 AM
Aye ok Mikey. Were you not satisfied enough saying this as your opening comments about Hibs on Sportscene that you had to come on here as "Bob" to have another go? Pathetic.

B.H.F.C
29-01-2023, 08:36 AM
That was one of the worst Aberdeen sides I’ve seen yesterday in terms of performance. They had zero structure and looked like they had no idea how to defend. That being said, we were really good yesterday, to say otherwise would be a lie. It was the type of performance that Johnson said we should expect from his sides. Up to him and the players to continue that in future games.

Their two centre halves were quite amusing. Even more amusing listening to their support boo their every touch in the first half. Never seen a team chuck it quite like they did but good to see us recognising it and going after them and keeping going after them right to the end.

We need to follow it up on Tuesday with another win though. If we do that we’re in a really strong position to kick on and get fourth.

percy veer
29-01-2023, 08:37 AM
Hearts beat them 5-0 all we hear is excellent hearts , rampant ruthless hearts, we beat them 6-0 aye aberdeen we're rubbish, funny I wonder when other teams beat us they come out and say you only beat shaky hibs reality check needed.

Hibbyradge
29-01-2023, 08:40 AM
Tbh, no one who knows anything about football thought this. Aberdeen are dreadful away from home. We were always winning yesterday. Didn't expect 6-0 mind.

You just need to look at some of the threads on here to see people predicting an Aberdeen win. I wouldn't be surprised if more folk predicted Dons to win than Hibs in the competition. I know I did.

Ian G (and someone else, Silky maybe?)predicting 3-0 to Hibs was a massive outlier! And they were well wrong anyway! :greengrin

SlickShoes
29-01-2023, 08:42 AM
Sounds like Mikey Stewart, every good thing Hibs manage to do comes with a caveat.

Yes, we have been pish most of the season, if we could find some consistency in performance level with the players we have we are capable of beating more of the teams in this league.

We really need some stability, hopefully we get the performances and stability over the next 4 games. If we do then we can still have a good end to the season, if not then it's a lost cause. But still, Aberdeen are horrible so just enjoy absolutely thrashing them.

Keith_M
29-01-2023, 08:46 AM
I've seen us play teams that were going through a really bad spell and not take full advantage.

The 'reality check' is that we played a team that's struggling and actually... for once... totally annihilated them.

We're not going to get this kind of result against the the likes of Ross County or St Mirren, but it does make me feel a bit more confident going into those games.

scoopyboy
29-01-2023, 08:51 AM
Helluva lot of posters were saying that Aberdeen had went so long without an away win would be guaranteed to win at Easter Road and couldn't have picked a better venue to visit.

OH SO WRONG:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

WhileTheChief..
29-01-2023, 08:53 AM
It doesn't take anything away from our magnificent performance and result whilst thinking Aberdeen were gash at the same time.

That one game game in no way suggests we have turned a corner or that we are a decent side.

We thought similar after beating Motherwell a few weeks ago, another team that had barely won a game before facing us.

Let's see if we can avoid another scalping off Livi before getting too carried away!!

Hibbyradge
29-01-2023, 08:56 AM
Helluva lot of posters were saying that Aberdeen had went so long without an away win would be guaranteed to win at Easter Road and couldn't have picked a better venue to visit.

OH SO WRONG:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

I noticed that I predicted an Aberdeen win in the competition thread. I can't remember doing that, it was 1.20 in the morning after a Friday night sesh, plus I'm far too superstitious to ever predict a Hibs win so those are my excuses! :greengrin

scoopyboy
29-01-2023, 09:01 AM
I noticed that I predicted an Aberdeen win in the competition thread. I can't remember doing that, it was 1.20 in the morning after a Friday night sesh, plus I'm far too superstitious to ever predict a Hibs win so those are my excuses! :greengrin

You don't need to make excuses in scoopyboy's eyes, one of the best on here:flag:

Hibbyradge
29-01-2023, 09:05 AM
You don't need to make excuses in scoopyboy's eyes, one of the best on here:flag:

:embarrass

basehibby
29-01-2023, 09:11 AM
Too many times in the past teams in complete disarray have come up against Hibs and papped them tonget themselves back on track. Good to see we were totally ruthless and didn't let that happen this time.
Very true and a big indicator that Lee Johnston CAN get things right. Hibs have often been a soft touch team against whom poor runs of bad form are put to bed. Great to see an emphatic victory against a struggling rival for a change!

O'Rourke3
29-01-2023, 09:13 AM
That was one of the worst Aberdeen sides I’ve seen yesterday in terms of performance. They had zero structure and looked like they had no idea how to defend. That being said, we were really good yesterday, to say otherwise would be a lie. It was the type of performance that Johnson said we should expect from his sides. Up to him and the players to continue that in future games.Hands down the worst Aberdeen side in my time following Hibs. Even times when we were great they managed to keep games close. That team could struggle to win another game. New manager however will at least make them stuffy.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2023, 09:24 AM
This is a bit like Sportscene summary of an old filth defeat when it's all about how badly they played, over how well we played. As much as Aberdeen players had a side agenda and an anti-message to send, my take is they chucked it as we had hit them early and hit them hard. After 15 minutes the result was obvious so there would be no better day to get the Manager howked. The reality check that I saw is even a makeshift team can perform.

Booked4Being-Ugly
29-01-2023, 09:24 AM
Sounds like Mikey Stewart, every good thing Hibs manage to do comes with a caveat.

Yes, we have been pish most of the season, if we could find some consistency in performance level with the players we have we are capable of beating more of the teams in this league.

We really need some stability, hopefully we get the performances and stability over the next 4 games. If we do then we can still have a good end to the season, if not then it's a lost cause. But still, Aberdeen are horrible so just enjoy absolutely thrashing them.

Mikey Stewart slavering pish again. Bet there wasn’t a caveat when Hearts beat Aberdeen recently.

Edina Street
29-01-2023, 09:28 AM
Yes, Aberdeen are bad just now, coming to Easter Road on the back of the worst result in Scottish football history, and I do believe it is good to keep it real, but it was still a good performance from Hibs. They proved that there is life after Porteous. And it was great to see young Josh Campbell bag a hat-trick from midfield. Great to see a couple of youngsters given game time. Great to see Kevin Nisbet keep up his prolific goalscoring form. Great to see Josh O'Connor win a penalty. I thought all the Hibs players contributed and put in a good team performance. But the highlight for me was the performance by Elie Youan. Perhaps he still has to brush up on his decision making, but it was pleasing to see glimpses of Russell Latapy when it came to his ball control and ability to take on defenders. Lee Johnson has definitely bought himself more time. This season is not over, and it does also bode well for next season. Hibs should definitely take confidence from this game. But they need to kick on now, and another few quality signings are still a must. But what a fantastic win.

wookie70
29-01-2023, 09:30 AM
Aberdeen may have been poor but Hibs were on it yesterday from teh first to last whistle. Players gave everything and we were in a similar situation to the Dons. If we play like that every game we will finish 4th and teh season will have been fine and something to build on. Let's just enjoy it, we certainly deserve to

MrRobot
29-01-2023, 09:34 AM
We’ve been playing well and battering teams but unable to finish chances for quite a while, yesterday it clicked and we showed composure.

That performance and result will out a lot of confidence in the players. Youan looks like the player we first saw and is putting forward some case to be signed on a permanent deal.

McKirdy also looked really good upfront, shame he couldn’t top off his performance with a goal.

Waxy
29-01-2023, 09:37 AM

That’s an unreality check.

Eyrie
29-01-2023, 09:43 AM
I'd agree Aberdeen are poor but we're not in great form ourselves.

Despite that yesterday was a comprehensive 6-0 win, not a scrappy 1-0, so the reality is we played well. And as a Hibs fan that's what matters.

Svengali
29-01-2023, 10:09 AM
For the love of god, we just won 6-0, scored some good goals.

Enjoy it. Some great performances out there yesterday: Fish, Youan, Campbell…

You can only beat whats infront of you and we did, handsomely

Bridge hibs
29-01-2023, 11:05 AM
I think DBS has his tongue firmly in his cheek. :greengrinYeah but not his facial cheek 😵

A Hi-Bee
29-01-2023, 11:12 AM
Not getting carried away, but in over 60 years watching the Hibs, we have never beat this shower by 6, great result, but the real test happens with the next 2 games, then see where we are.

As I say great result.
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

snedzuk
29-01-2023, 11:12 AM
How bad is Liam Scales? I think he could be the worst footballer I’ve ever seen. 24 years old as well so he’s not even a laddie.

To think of what he’ll be getting paid by Celtic. Astonishing stuff.

4 - I thought we should be targeting him from about 5 mins in. Awful.

Dashing Bob S
29-01-2023, 11:59 AM
Aye ok Mikey. Were you not satisfied enough saying this as your opening comments about Hibs on Sportscene that you had to come on here as "Bob" to have another go? Pathetic.

I’m not going to be lectured by you, Mister Andrew Walker!

Brooster
29-01-2023, 12:15 PM

Have a day off mate. Hibs beat a top club 6-0 and you come out with that.

NAE NOOKIE
29-01-2023, 12:39 PM
I dinnae need a reality check.

We won 6-0 against Aberdeen.

To forensically criticise that is as meaningful as us claiming we battered Hearts 0-3 last week.

We were the better team last week and this. Give me this week every time.

Is it though? A major criticism of this club is that we failed to build on what we had in the period between 2016 and finishing 3rd in the league the season before last. This wasn't a team on brilliant form who crushed a team who previously had been playing well, it was a team who needed a bit of redemption after a period of mediocre to pish results who battered a team with no confidence, a pile of players performing below the standard expected of them and with a manager who knew he would almost certainly be sacked if they lost.

I watched the whole game on ALBA last night and you could have picked out a whole load of times where a better team than Aberdeen would have at the very least tested David Marshall. So yes enjoy the moment, but will you be on board with it if the owner and his CEO sit back after Saturday and go 'well that proves we don't need to improve the team in all areas' lets chug along as we are coz if we can put 6 past Aberdeen with no reply we can for sure finish in the top 4 next season and probably win a cup with this bunch of players'?

I was at the game yesterday as usual, but about a quarter or more of our season ticket holders weren't and it wasn't because they were disappointed that we don't win 6 - 0 every week. It was because we have been performing way below par for a season and a half and a massively unexpected result like yesterday is not how we are going to address that problem ..... So far as this club should be concerned the players, performance and everything else should be 'forensically examined' with a massively critical eye after every result and that should include being honest about the opposition we were up against.

It's the only way this club is going to get to the standard it's capable of and that we expect from it ....... That way the next time we put 6 past an opponent there might be 18,000 in the ground to see it and not the actual 12,000 at best there was to witness yesterday's joyous occasion :aok:

Jim44
29-01-2023, 12:50 PM
I can’t disagree with any of this, NN. Can we carry this step in the right direction into the business end of the season, against more determined and motivated teams? I’d lap up 4th place but after the crud of recent results, I’d settle for top 6.

AgentDaleCooper
29-01-2023, 12:55 PM
i'm definitely enjoying the moment, but very few teams are going to give away 3 goals from corners in one game.

Gloucester Hibs
29-01-2023, 01:06 PM
Ridiculous thread, if we arnt getting credit for beating teams once a man’s been sent off (game was done before scales red) it’s now because the other team didn’t defend well 😂. You can only beat what’s in front of you and we did that overwhelmingly.

Yep. Has there every been a 6-0 drubbing where you couldn’t pick flaws in some of the losing side’s defending? Highlighting the sixth goal is particularly mental.

jakedance
29-01-2023, 01:09 PM
Maybe Aberdeen were so dismal yesterday because we actually played quite well against a team capable of total collapse and battered them. You can only beat the team in front of you and we pumped them 6-0. Enjoy the moment.

I really don’t see the point of pissing on our own chips with a reality check on a 6-0 win.

archie
29-01-2023, 01:18 PM
I don't see anyone going OTT about the win. I accept that Aberdeen were humpty. But Hibs put on a show and took total control. A great result and surely a great confidence boost.

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2023, 01:18 PM
Maybe Aberdeen were so dismal yesterday because we actually played quite well against a team capable of total collapse and battered them. You can only beat the team in front of you and we pumped them 6-0. Enjoy the moment.

I really don’t see the point of pissing on our own chips with a reality check on a 6-0 win.

Indeed.

Plus, we beat ****ing Aberdeen 6-0. Not like Hamilton or Morton or some *****. Aberdeen, who are a bunch of arrogant ********s. Never let them forget this pumping.

Hibees1973
29-01-2023, 01:28 PM
I don't see anyone going OTT about the win. I accept that Aberdeen were humpty. But Hibs put on a show and took total control. A great result and surely a great confidence boost.

Good comment, nothing more than this.

Any kind of win up in Dingwall on Tuesday, in my eyes, would surpass the 6-0 win yesterday.

If we lose, yesterday is quickly forgotten about.

NAE NOOKIE
29-01-2023, 01:37 PM
Indeed.

Plus, we beat ****ing Aberdeen 6-0. Not like Hamilton or Morton or some *****. Aberdeen, who are a bunch of arrogant ********s. Never let them forget this pumping.

Hey, for all I'm willing to look at this both in context and with a massive dose of realism I'm all for this take on it as well.

For years now the sheep have been living on past glories and acting as if those were yesterday and not near on 40 years ago, bumming about never having been relegated, in spite of the fact that was on a technicality and not because they shouldn't have been. So aye, as you say a bunch of arrogant pricks who need this result rammed down their throats at every opportunity :greengrin

jacomo
29-01-2023, 07:27 PM
i'm definitely enjoying the moment, but very few teams are going to give away 3 goals from corners in one game.

Exactly.

Great win but Aberdeen’s defending would embarrass a team of you tube ‘all stars’. They were utter, utter garbage.

It’s hardly ridiculous to acknowledge that.

Hibbyradge
29-01-2023, 07:32 PM

2 corners. :wink:

Mcbizz1998
29-01-2023, 08:00 PM
I think the big problem here is where we are as a club and how we feel about the manager/ownership.

I had a mate at the game yesterday who is an Aberdeen sympathiser - I met him and about 7 of his pals, all proper Aberdeen fans, in the pub after the game. They were all astonished at how quiet the Hibs fans were despite the result. I said that was because some fans want the manager out and don’t particularly like this team. If we had done that to Aberdeen, no matter how **** they were, at the peak of the Lennon, Stubbs or Ross era’s, the place would have been absolutely rocking. They all agreed that they would have been more subdued than usual had Aberdeen beaten us 6-0, as they all want Goodwin out.

It’s fair to say the same about those pointing out how bad Aberdeen are - if we were all happier about the club, ownership, recruitment, players and manager - we would all be a lot more likely to be talking up the hibs performance. As we are all critical of the above, people would rather talk down our performance and highlight how poor Aberdeen are.

WeeRussell
29-01-2023, 08:14 PM
If hearts or the old firm played with blindfolds on, we’d still take full pleasure in blootering them.

No need for the shine to be taken off hammering our next most hated team.

GIRUT 😎

Wilson
29-01-2023, 08:18 PM
If hearts or the old firm played with blindfolds on, we’d still take full pleasure in blootering them.

No need for the shine to be taken off hammering our next most hated team.

GIRUT 😎

I'd take three draws right now if offered.

Real Emerald
29-01-2023, 08:34 PM
Indeed.

There definitely needs to be a song about it they’ll absolutely hate. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Glory Lurker
29-01-2023, 08:45 PM
Even though they've not really been relevant for about 35 years it's still great to hammer them like that.

They can console themselves with their second star for the European equivalent of the Charity Shield.

Carheenlea
29-01-2023, 09:04 PM
Hearts beat them 5-0 all we hear is excellent hearts , rampant ruthless hearts, we beat them 6-0 aye aberdeen we're rubbish, funny I wonder when other teams beat us they come out and say you only beat shaky hibs reality check needed.

100% :agree:

Will always be the way as long as we have the void of Hibs minded people in the media to fight our corner or, as in the case of Hearts, to over aggrandise at the first sight of any positive result.

Wouldn’t like to go down the full being fawned over road, but some credit along the way and reigning in the sticking of the boot in a little bit wouldn’t go amiss.

Is It On....
30-01-2023, 06:50 AM
Perfectly reasonable comments. As said by others on other threads, it's hard to gauge how good a performance it was from Hibs, given how bad Aberdeen - and especially their defence - was.

I have never believed the "players trying to get the manager sacked" line that we hear from time to time but the Aberdeen display, particularly defensively, on Saturday is about as close as you are likely to get. Still, a confidence boosting win for us with 3 points in the bag and ready for Ross County next.

richard_pitts
30-01-2023, 09:01 AM
I have never believed the "players trying to get the manager sacked" line that we hear from time to time but the Aberdeen display, particularly defensively, on Saturday is about as close as you are likely to get. Still, a confidence boosting win for us with 3 points in the bag and ready for Ross County next.

100%. We demanded a reaction after the Hearts game and we got it with a vengeance. I've not enjoyed a game that much in a long time. The players need to take that into Tuesday and then Saturday. Please Saturday. I work for Digby Brown and I've got hospitality for that one...:scarf:

Hibernian Verse
30-01-2023, 09:32 AM
Their two centre halves were quite amusing. Even more amusing listening to their support boo their every touch in the first half. Never seen a team chuck it quite like they did but good to see us recognising it and going after them and keeping going after them right to the end.

We need to follow it up on Tuesday with another win though. If we do that we’re in a really strong position to kick on and get fourth.

If we win on Tuesday we will probably only be 6 behind the greatest Hearts team in history.

Oscar T Grouch
30-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Any team that gets humped 6-0 can be accused of having a god awful defence. To take all credit away from Hibs performance due to how bad the dreadful dons were is just silly. It was a bit of a perfect storm, we played really well, every player not just one or two, Aberdeen were abysmal too, no denying that plus we got a wee rub of the green yesterday which has totally alluded us this season, for example Nizzy’s goal, if that was last week, the wee nick off the prone defender would have bounced behind Nizzy but on Saturday it fell for us.
So yeah put our victory totally down to how bad the dons were but you are wrong. Hibs had to play well and have a wee bit of luck too otherwise it wouldn’t have happened. I hope that gives us confidence going forward and we get another good result up in Dingwall on Tuesday.

Joe6-2
30-01-2023, 09:51 AM

Even taking this into consideration, how often in the past would we have still struggled to win

Mcbizz1998
30-01-2023, 10:00 AM

Think you mean historic.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2023, 10:01 AM
Think you mean historic.

Hysterical maybe? 😃

hibsbollah
30-01-2023, 12:07 PM
100% :agree:

Will always be the way as long as we have the void of Hibs minded people in the media to fight our corner or, as in the case of Hearts, to over aggrandise at the first sight of any positive result.

Wouldn’t like to go down the full being fawned over road, but some credit along the way and reigning in the sticking of the boot in a little bit wouldn’t go amiss.

:agree:

1van Sprou7e
30-01-2023, 12:14 PM
Speaking of highlights, when will Hibs put them up on YouTube?

Obviously seen the BBC highlights but some commentary would be nice

Even better if it was those deluded folk who do it for the dons...

Don't suppose anyone's got a spare redTV membership??