PDA

View Full Version : Jim Goodwin

greenpaper55
28-01-2023, 07:13 PM
Makes you wonder what kind of club Aberdeen are when the man is sacked minutes after the final whistle, never heard of this happening before and could they not have waited at least until tomorrow to do this ? Not a great fan of Goodwin but surely there should have been a bit of dignity about the whole thing , a bit of a poisoned chalice if you take the job at Aberdeen ?

HibbyAndy
28-01-2023, 07:15 PM
Did he mention the blatant dive by Duk in the penalty box ?

Don't let the door hit you on the way oot , Bellend

Benny Brazil
28-01-2023, 07:16 PM
Did Jack Ross not get sacked straight after the Livingston game or soon after it?

Torto7062
28-01-2023, 07:16 PM
Makes you wonder what kind of club Aberdeen are when the man is sacked minutes after the final whistle, never heard of this happening before and could they not have waited at least until tomorrow to do this ? Not a great fan of Goodwin but surely there should have been a bit of dignity about the whole thing , a bit of a poisoned chalice if you take the job at Aberdeen ?

He would have been told beat Hibs or bye bye

yerauldda
28-01-2023, 07:17 PM
I’ll go against the grain, I actually quite like the guy. Disgraceful way for any employer to treat an employee.

KWJ
28-01-2023, 07:20 PM
What was the point in waiting, would've had the Aberdeen fans seething. Everyone knew it was coming unless they got a good result today.

Mikey_1875
28-01-2023, 07:22 PM
He should have went after Darvel but was afforded an ultimatum for today. Everyone would have been aware of the situation and I doubt that Goodwin would have wanted to stay and thank the players while saying goodbye.

It’s a tough job but they do have some good players. The two centre backs are a disgrace however.

Won’t shed any tears for Goodwin after his Porteous comments and certainly won’t shed any for the sheep. Think Goodwin will need a long break from the game before we see him anywhere again.

stu in nottingham
28-01-2023, 07:23 PM
It looked pretty difficult and awkward after the final whistle when he was shaking the hands of Hibs staff. To be fair to him he will have known what was coming to him and he stood up and made sure he’d shook everyone’s hand before leaving the pitch I can respect that.

JamesHFC
28-01-2023, 07:25 PM
Like others I lost respect for him after the whole Porteous fiasco. Always felt like he had a dislike for us. I just hope Aberdeen don't improve too quickly without him.

Some good players but their results over the past month or so have obviously destroyed their confidence.

Hibby Bairn
28-01-2023, 07:26 PM
I suspect there was an understanding that if today didn't go well then it was all over.

Cormack (I think) said on the radio that JG came to him, gave him a hug and said it was time up.

Not a resignation as such. Probably a pre agreed and mutual outcome.

GreenGray
28-01-2023, 07:28 PM
I’ll go against the grain, I actually quite like the guy. Disgraceful way for any employer to treat an employee.

To be fair judging by McCormacks interview after game they both knew it was up and it was “mutal”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
28-01-2023, 07:28 PM
Stephen Thompson sacked Jackie McNamara in the corridor at McDermid Park after a defeat
Seemingly gave him a letter

MWHIBBIES
28-01-2023, 07:32 PM
Happened plenty times. Chelsea done it to Ancelotti I believe.

**** Goodwin. Thug as a player, **** manager, arse of a guy. Giruy.

Torto7
28-01-2023, 07:33 PM

Goodwins a prick and I'm not sorry for him but the Aberdeen chairman is a silly wee narcissist. He's everything some on here falsely claim Ron to be.

Torto7
28-01-2023, 07:35 PM
Like others I lost respect for him after the whole Porteous fiasco. Always felt like he had a dislike for us. I just hope Aberdeen don't improve too quickly without him.

Some good players but their results over the past month or so have obviously destroyed their confidence.

I disagree on the good players part. Most of their signings look too soft and Shinnie is way off the pace. Duk seems decent I'd give him a pass.

LustForLeith
28-01-2023, 07:36 PM
Once interviewed a manager for the press who was about to get sacked after his team got hammered. Wasn’t pleasant.

Just_Jimmy
28-01-2023, 07:39 PM
It's what Hibs should have done after the last Derby. Today doesn't change what's gone before.

The only thing disgraceful about it was that he hung around to take the game today. He over saw the worst result in Aberdeen's history and didn't resign.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

loanheadhibby
28-01-2023, 07:39 PM
Whatever you think of Goodwin, he’s still a human being who has just lost his job. Felt sorry for him. He probably grafted hard to get Dons job and I don’t take any joy in anyone losing their livelihood.

chrisski33
28-01-2023, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=yerauldda;7257818]I’ll go against the grain, I actually quite like the guy. Disgraceful way for any employer to treat an employee.[/QUOTE

Maybe he was told before hand lose game lose your job? Will have a good pay off too unlike what other employers do

JamesHFC
28-01-2023, 07:45 PM
Whatever you think of Goodwin, he’s still a human being who has just lost his job. Felt sorry for him. He probably grafted hard to get Dons job and I don’t take any joy in anyone losing their livelihood.

Be interesting to see where him and Jack Ross end up next. Would any current Scottish Premiership team take them should they lose their manager?

HibbyAndy
28-01-2023, 07:45 PM

Nah no for me

He called Porto a cheat , Nobend , Good riddance , Might get the Hearts gig in a few years , Penalties should see him safe

End of a bell

weecounty hibby
28-01-2023, 07:46 PM
Goodwin is a prick who was manager of a club for pricks. Glad it ended at ER for him after a complete pumping by Hibs. The way he hounded Porto and jumped on and made worse the Hun inspired media witch hunt of him to deflect from how **** he was as a manager was a disgrace. He hasn't lost his livelihood, football management is the only profession in the world where you get sacked for being ***** but get a massive payoff or kept on the books until you get another job.

Bridge hibs
28-01-2023, 07:47 PM
I dont like anyone losing his job, its football though and Goodwin will know its a cut throat business, he will get another job, he really wont be giving a **** longer term

Football wise he is a classless prick the way he hung a young footballer out to dry, he didnt show Porteous any sympathy/respect and in turn he deserves none himself

HibbyAndy
28-01-2023, 07:48 PM
Goodwin is a prick who was manager of a club for pricks. Glad it ended at ER for him after a complete pumping by Hibs. The way he hounded Porto and jumped on and made worse the Hun inspired media witch hunt of him to deflect from how **** he was as a manager was a disgrace. He hasn't lost his livelihood, football management is the only profession in the world where you get sacked for being ***** but get a massive payoff or kept on the books until you get another job.

Correct

McSwanky
28-01-2023, 07:52 PM
Makes you wonder what kind of club Aberdeen are when the man is sacked minutes after the final whistle, never heard of this happening before and could they not have waited at least until tomorrow to do this ? Not a great fan of Goodwin but surely there should have been a bit of dignity about the whole thing , a bit of a poisoned chalice if you take the job at Aberdeen ?Didn't Martin Jol get sacked at half time? [emoji23]

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

He's here!
28-01-2023, 07:52 PM
The way I read it he sought out the chairman at FT and resigned.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2023, 07:53 PM
Be interesting to see where him and Jack Ross end up next. Would any current Scottish Premiership team take them should they lose their manager?

St Mirren, Killie or Motherwell. But you have to wonder how any of these new players were his picks

Bostonhibby
28-01-2023, 07:55 PM
Goodwin is a prick who was manager of a club for pricks. Glad it ended at ER for him after a complete pumping by Hibs. The way he hounded Porto and jumped on and made worse the Hun inspired media witch hunt of him to deflect from how **** he was as a manager was a disgrace. He hasn't lost his livelihood, football management is the only profession in the world where you get sacked for being ***** but get a massive payoff or kept on the books until you get another job.Nail, hammer, heid [emoji106]

Nae luck Jim[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JamesHFC
28-01-2023, 07:56 PM
Sure Gus Poyet got sacked whilst appearing on match of the day.

GRA
28-01-2023, 07:58 PM
Thug of a player, out of his depth as a manager. His vendetta against Porto to deflect from his managerial failings was a disgrace. Delighted he was punted right after their heaviest defeat against us in their history. Bye 👋

B.H.F.C
28-01-2023, 07:59 PM
Martin Jol got sacked by Spurs during a game.

marinello59
28-01-2023, 07:59 PM
It looked pretty difficult and awkward after the final whistle when he was shaking the hands of Hibs staff. To be fair to him he will have known what was coming to him and he stood up and made sure he’d shook everyone’s hand before leaving the pitch I can respect that.

I wish Porto had been there to shake his hand .:greengrin

basehibby
28-01-2023, 08:16 PM

Great summation of why Goodwin deserves little sympathy from Hibs fans. Its a heavy dose of chagrin for him that his coup de grace should come at ER. As if to provide perfect symetry Campbell was his nemesis again while the defender he signed - Liam Scales - once again gave a penalty away and got sent off!

jacomo
28-01-2023, 08:23 PM

Dave Cormack said Goodwin came up to him after the game and said he knew he was done. Maybe too furious to be in the same room as his players again.

cam75
28-01-2023, 08:29 PM

I’m in the same boat before he got the Aberdeen job I thought his interviews were spot on,I thought he came across well but after the pish with RP I thought he was a knob,brutal way to loose yr job tho he should have been binned after there game on Monday!

cam75
28-01-2023, 08:32 PM
I wish Porto had been there to shake his hand .:greengrin

I thought it looked like he had **** pants and knew he had been found out so wanted up the tunnel ASAP

BILLYHIBS
28-01-2023, 08:39 PM
Happened plenty times. Chelsea done it to Ancelotti I believe.

**** Goodwin. Thug as a player, **** manager, arse of a guy. Giruy.
This

Karma for disrespecting Porto, Hibs and the SFA during his supposed touchline ban

What comes around comes around

Did not join in the communal ‘ sacked in the morning’ sing song always terrible when someone loses their job

Donegal Hibby
28-01-2023, 08:44 PM
Normally sorry to see any manager lose his job but not in his case . Glad it was a doing from Hibs that cost him his job after his Porto comments . Cheerio loser :bye:

Mcbizz1998
28-01-2023, 08:48 PM
What was the point in waiting, would've had the Aberdeen fans seething. Everyone knew it was coming unless they got a good result today.

Common decency?

vuefrom1875
28-01-2023, 10:09 PM
This

Karma for disrespecting Porto, Hibs and the SFA during his supposed touchline ban

What comes around comes around

Did not join in the communal ‘ sacked in the morning’ sing song always terrible when someone loses their job

Oh aye...you must have forgot his comments re porteous? Absolute to##error bye bye.

loanheadhibby
29-01-2023, 07:19 AM

There are so few jobs, it’s hard to see how Jack or Goodwin get back in to the Scottish top league. Possibly back to St Mirren if their manager gets poached?

Possibly best option is lower leagues in England and then build something from there.

I hope Maloney does well at Wigan. Would like to see him succeed.

WeeRussell
29-01-2023, 07:22 AM
Oh aye...you must have forgot his comments re porteous? Absolute to##error bye bye.

I don’t think he has forgotten them given the second line of his post.

jeffers
29-01-2023, 07:24 AM
There are so few jobs, it’s hard to see how Jack or Goodwin get back in to the Scottish top league. Possibly back to St Mirren if their manager gets poached?

Possibly best option is lower leagues in England and then build something from there.

I hope Maloney does well at Wigan. Would like to see him succeed.

Agreed. Hopefully Maloney learns from his time with us, though I think he was set up to fail, and goes on to become a total success.

J-C
29-01-2023, 07:26 AM
By what Cormack said, it sounded more like Goodwin resigned rather than Cormack sacking him, as said above, Goodwin went to him and apologised and just said it wasn't good enough.

davy67 +
29-01-2023, 07:30 AM
Never rated him as a manager anyway. No doubt he'll pitch up somewhere in a couple of months time, there always seems to be plenty jobs for rubbish managers who get sacked every 18 months or so

BILLYHIBS
29-01-2023, 07:48 AM

Read my post

‘ Porto,’

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2023, 07:50 AM
Sorry dunno how to make this bigger. As he took the long walk across the pitch, a Sunshine thr Leith Lynx was advertising that Hibs Kids membership was still available… :)

One Day
29-01-2023, 08:13 AM

This is how i feel too. Never liked him as a player or a manager. Always thought he had a dislike for Hibs for some reason. His Porto comments were a deflection on his own incompetence and only served to feed the west coast media witch hunt

Bostonhibby
29-01-2023, 08:19 AM
Never rated him as a manager anyway. No doubt he'll pitch up somewhere in a couple of months time, there always seems to be plenty jobs for rubbish managers who get sacked every 18 months or soShould walk straight into a slot on BBC Radio Hearts sound. His anti Hibs credentials have already been established.

hibee-boys
29-01-2023, 08:23 AM
In all honesty, pre Porteous comments, I would’ve taken him as Hibs manager, came over as a decent bloke when manager at St Mirren. However, he lost all my respect after his verbal attack on Ryan.

Heisenberg
29-01-2023, 08:33 AM
Delighted Hibs got to be the ones that saw him sacked. A monumental prick.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2023, 08:44 AM
Looking back at his comments about Ryan, it was open season for attacking Porto, so all Sportscene "experts" are tarred with the same brush. One thing that he might learn from that, is if you personalise issues, you have to be sure that they won't come back and bite you.

One Day
29-01-2023, 08:46 AM
Should walk straight into a slot on BBC Radio Hearts sound. His anti Hibs credentials have already been established.

Never thought of that, every chance it could happen.

worcesterhibby
29-01-2023, 08:47 AM

This. Made the thrashing all the sweeter.

Hibernia&Alba
29-01-2023, 08:59 AM
He should have been sacked straight after their cup defeat. It was all over, but the club didn't act. It was poor leadership by the Aberdeen board, and clearly they were trying to make amends after yesterday's debacle by sacking him immediately.

green day
29-01-2023, 09:00 AM

Agreed. His comments on Porteous, and the media pile on after, sealed it for me.

29-01-2023, 11:13 AM
Would have had my sympathy if it hadn't been for the Porteous comments, particularly as Duk and Miovski are 2 of the biggest divers in the league.

Pretty Boy
29-01-2023, 11:23 AM
I liked Goodwin at St Mirren. Thought he had them playing some nice football and generally spoke well.

Some managers just don't cope with the pressure of a big job though and along with ourselves and Hearts, Aberdeen is one of the big jobs up here outside Glasgow. He made a mess of the job and his antics with the Porteous situation were out of order.

I thought Cormack came across as a total tosser on the radio as well. 'The fans don't care about the commercial income and the youth development that I've sorted out'. If they don't care then don't mention it then. You are saying it because you want it on record and are shoehorning it in as some kind of mitigation and a bit of self congratulatory propoganda.

Goodwin had to go and I have little sympathy for him but the next manager up there is going to be in the same position before too long.

hibbydog
29-01-2023, 11:32 AM
I’m in two minds

1. I don’t feel sorry for him. He’s been handsomely paid and will continue to be, most likely for a number
Of months whilst he does nothing. It’s what he signed up for. If he wanted job security he should have looked for a ‘normal’ job

2. I feel sorry for him. His players have totally chucked it and thrown him under the bus, total lack of effort test was the players fault and nobody else’s

Why do managers get the bullet for poor performance but players don’t?

JoeT
29-01-2023, 11:48 AM
I heard he was sat in the club shop doing a Jim Jeffries until closing hoping that LJ would be sacked as well

truehibernian
29-01-2023, 11:49 AM
**** him 👍 singled out one of our players accusing him of cheating, severe lack of respect and professionalism, trying to influence referees, aggravated by the fact he was a dirty player who was lucky to stay on the pitch many a time himself.

HendoDelivered
29-01-2023, 11:49 AM
Might be in the minority here but I feel a bit sorry for him. Not a nice thing to go through.

weecounty hibby
29-01-2023, 11:54 AM
Might be in the minority here but I feel a bit sorry for him. Not a nice thing to go through.

Any worse than a personal and prolonged character assassination of one of our young players? He will still be getting paid or will get a massive payout. No sympathy from here. If I was ***** at my job and got sacked I wouldn't be on gardening leave or get a payout.