PDA

View Full Version : Ross County Tuesday

Ardenttwo
28-01-2023, 05:57 PM
Will there be PATG on Tuesday at Dingwall. I ordered my ticket this morning but not sure if I will receive it before leaving home for the game

mutley
28-01-2023, 06:31 PM
Will there be PATG on Tuesday at Dingwall. I ordered my ticket this morning but not sure if I will receive it before leaving home for the game

I’m curious too, I’ll be heading back north tomorrow and not able to get to the ticket office and doubt I could have one delivered in time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2023, 07:56 PM

They have a little hut that sells tickets pre match, you'll get one there, if you fancy the game

JamesHFC
28-01-2023, 08:02 PM
Quick look shows that Killie fans were able to buy tickets from the County ticket office today. Should be fine 👍

DaveF
29-01-2023, 06:22 AM
Obviously forecasts change but this morning's BBC weather check were predicting 70 to 90mphbwond gusts for north of Scotland. One to watch out for.

lyonhibs
29-01-2023, 09:08 AM
Obviously forecasts change but this morning's BBC weather check were predicting 70 to 90mphbwond gusts for north of Scotland. One to watch out for.

Hoooooooof

Billy Whizz
29-01-2023, 12:26 PM

The worst games of football are in high winds
Hope it doesn’t affect fans travel plans, and the game itself

Ardenttwo
29-01-2023, 12:28 PM
The worst games of football are in high winds
Hope it doesn’t affect fans travel plans, and the game itself

With winds of that strength there is a good chance the bridge will be closed especially for buses

Power
29-01-2023, 12:56 PM
They have a little hut that sells tickets pre match, you'll get one there, if you fancy the game

This is spot on Ardenttwo. We’ll have tickets available for purchase before the game, outside the stadium, similar to our trip up in September ✅

hibstag
29-01-2023, 01:12 PM
With winds of that strength there is a good chance the bridge will be closed especially for buses

21 miles around the firth,rather than 11 straight across

Ardenttwo
30-01-2023, 02:46 PM
21 miles around the firth,rather than 11 straight across

Hibs team will be up tonight staying at the Kingsmill Hotel Inverness. I expect with really strong winds and Ross Counties stands not the safest health and safety will kick in For what it’s worth it’s a really nice day here today but maybe the calm before the storm.

greenlex
30-01-2023, 03:04 PM
The wind is guaranteed to ruin it. I’m really interested to see who won’t be in the squad as well as who’s in it.

Wilson
30-01-2023, 03:05 PM
The wind is guaranteed to ruin it.

Perhaps Johnson will rein it in.

greenlex
30-01-2023, 03:06 PM
Perhaps Johnson will rein it in.:greengrin:greengrin

AllyRae
30-01-2023, 03:10 PM
Why are we playing tomorrow night, on deadline day while the rest of the league playing on Wednesday?

Radge70
30-01-2023, 03:24 PM
Why are we playing tomorrow night, on deadline day while the rest of the league playing on Wednesday?

Both clubs agreed to move it from the Wednesday, which, for the same reason, I also thought was strange.

cabbageandribs1875
30-01-2023, 03:38 PM
Head to Head in Dingwall

League

Home wins 5
Draws 2
Away wins 4

not that much better at ER

Hibs wins 5
Draws 2
Away wins 3

not forgetting they done our chance for a 2016 cup double :grr:

they're a Thorn in our side

wookie70
30-01-2023, 04:40 PM

I'm sure I read there were not enough referees to cover VAR and all the games. Totally tinpot if true and why do we have to move given we have one of teh longer trips.

1van Sprou7e
30-01-2023, 05:08 PM
Wind gusts in Dingwall tomorrow evening predicted to be in the 30-35mph range, pretty standard wind conditions for Edinburgh

Allant1981
30-01-2023, 05:11 PM
How long does it usually take to get there, this is my first venture to dingwall so no idea what time to leave, leaving from work(morningside)

cabbageandribs1875
30-01-2023, 05:17 PM
AA Autoroute..

via A9 3 hrs 17 mins, 168.8 miles

Allant1981
30-01-2023, 05:20 PM
AA Autoroute..

via A9 3 hrs 17 mins, 168.8 miles

I had a look at that but wasn't sure if it's actually like that, wasn't sure what traffic would be like on the road going up, if I leave about 3 that should be OK I hope

Big_Franck
30-01-2023, 05:27 PM
I'm sure I read there were not enough referees to cover VAR and all the games. Totally tinpot if true and why do we have to move given we have one of teh longer trips.

Is it a shorter trip to Dingwall on Wednesdays? :greengrin

greenlex
30-01-2023, 05:45 PM
I had a look at that but wasn't sure if it's actually like that, wasn't sure what traffic would be like on the road going up, if I leave about 3 that should be OK I hope
I’d give it longer. Te time traffic in the central belt and all that particularly around Perth. Average speed cameras on the A9 the other side of Dunkekd means you won’t pick up much time between there and Inverness.
������ edit - Ignore me. I read that as you giving yourself 3 hours.

Allant1981
30-01-2023, 05:51 PM
I’d give it longer. Te time traffic in the central belt and all that particularly around Perth. Average speed cameras on the A9 the other side of Dunkekd means you won’t pick up much time between there and Inverness.
������ edit - Ignore me. I read that as you giving yourself 3 hours.

Yeah wasn't sure how busy it would be, never driven up that way midweek or at those times, aiming to leave about 3,if I can get finished sharper then even better

Billy Whizz
30-01-2023, 05:52 PM
Yeah wasn't sure how busy it would be, never driven up that way midweek or at those times, aiming to leave about 3,if I can get finished sharper then even better

It’s always busy at Broxden Roundabout, Perth, but should be ok leaving at 3pm

Allant1981
30-01-2023, 05:54 PM
It’s always busy at Broxden Roundabout, Perth, but should be ok leaving at 3pm

Cheers ta

Tambo
30-01-2023, 06:00 PM
Do we think Nisbet back in for McKirdy?

With him not featuring on Saturday I think we might see Laidlaw make an appearance at some point.

Marshall

Cadden
Fish
Hanlon
Lewis

Jeggo
Newell
Campbell

Youan
Nisbet
Mcgeady.

I do expect a much tougher game than Saturday.

HH81
30-01-2023, 06:36 PM

With him not featuring on Saturday I think we might see Laidlaw make an appearance at some point.

Marshall

Cadden
Fish
Hanlon
Lewis

Jeggo
Newell
Campbell

Youan
Nisbet
Mcgeady.

Nope same team as Saturday of everyone is fit for me.

Hibby Kay-Yay
30-01-2023, 06:37 PM

Marshall

Cadden
Fish
Hanlon
Lewis

Jeggo
Newell
Campbell

Youan
Nisbet
Mcgeady.

It’s a quick turnaround and probably a big ask for McGeady. If he does start then I expect he’ll get subbed around the hour mark for McKirdy

Since452
30-01-2023, 06:40 PM

Marshall

Cadden
Fish
Hanlon
Lewis

Jeggo
Newell
Campbell

Youan
Nisbet
Mcgeady.

Nisbet improves us so yes.

B.H.F.C
30-01-2023, 06:48 PM
It’s a quick turnaround and probably a big ask for McGeady. If he does start then I expect he’ll get subbed around the hour mark for McKirdy

Think it would be a bigger ask for McKirdy. McGeady has looked fine physically and was obviously taken off to look after him at the weekend whereas McKirdy went off because he was done (be down to the lack of games).

Expect Nisbet to come in for McKirdy.

basehibby
30-01-2023, 07:02 PM
Head to Head in Dingwall

League

Home wins 5
Draws 2
Away wins 4

not that much better at ER

Hibs wins 5
Draws 2
Away wins 3

not forgetting they done our chance for a 2016 cup double :grr:

they're a Thorn in our side

I agree. No love lost and sincerely hope we give them a damn good thrashing!
It won't be easy mind - historically Hibs have not travelled well up north - a massive test and any kind of victory should be greeted with enthusiasm.
NB - I presume Kenneh will not be allowed to play ....

Ronniekirk
31-01-2023, 12:06 AM
With Nisbet and Campbell subject to ongoing transfer bids from Wigan will they be be in the squad as assume they need to be kept informed of bids and what position is
We could of done without this as it’s a crucial game That would be both our top goal scorers away if bids get accepted

NAE NOOKIE
31-01-2023, 12:27 AM
With Nisbet and Campbell subject to ongoing transfer bids from Wigan will they be be in the squad as assume they need to be kept informed of bids and what position is
We could of done without this as it’s a crucial game That would be both our top goal scorers away if bids get accepted

I can see it now, 35 minutes into the first half LJ screaming from the touchline ...... NIZZY .... NIiZZZY ..... OI .. NIIIIZZZZYYYYY !!! ......Nizzy finally looks over ................. I'ts gone up tae 500K mate ..... thumbs down frae Nizzy :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
31-01-2023, 12:32 AM
Think it would be a bigger ask for McKirdy. McGeady has looked fine physically and was obviously taken off to look after him at the weekend whereas McKirdy went off because he was done (be down to the lack of games).

Expect Nisbet to come in for McKirdy.

Yeh I would expect that as well, transfer speculation or not we cant afford to leave out a guy in the scoring form Nisbet is in. That being said McKirdy didn't do himself any harm on Saturday, he still ran about like a demented Energizer bunny, but this time there was actually a bit of method to his madness and he had a positive impact on the game, not least in his tracking back which he did well for the whole time he was on the pitch.

Jim44
31-01-2023, 09:44 AM
References to the weather forecast today not good. Talk of the game being called off. Folk travelling up should keep their ears peeled for updates. Safe trip to all …… take care.:flag:

Hibbyradge
31-01-2023, 09:47 AM

Why would there not be enough officials?

Also, we'd still have a long trip if it was played tomorrow. I don't see what the problem is with playing tonight, tbh.

Edit: The move was requested by the club's so nothing to do with the officials.

Crunchie
31-01-2023, 09:54 AM
References to the weather forecast today not good. Talk of the game being called off. Folk travelling up should keep their ears peeled for updates. Safe trip to all …… take care.:flag:
I don't think I've ever wanted a Hibs game called off but I'd make an exception for this one. Conditions will be farcical with the wind alone, a couple of players heads might be elsewhere too. Not ideal in any case.

IberianHibernian
31-01-2023, 10:06 AM
If postponed, could be played on Saturday 11th Feb when neither side has a game .

Onceinawhile
31-01-2023, 10:09 AM
It won't happen and I'm sure plenty people won't agree, but I'd bring Nisbet in for Youan.

Type of game where solid defence is needed and McKirdy does far better defensive work than Youan. If we can get an hour out of him and then bring on a fresh Youan to run at a relatively tired defence, I would prefer that.

Chorley Hibee
31-01-2023, 10:11 AM
It won't happen and I'm sure plenty people won't agree, but I'd bring Nisbet in for Youan.

Type of game where solid defence is needed and McKirdy does far better defensive work than Youan. If we can get an hour out of him and then bring on a fresh Youan to run at a relatively tired defence, I would prefer that.

I'm of a similar opinion.

hibee-boys
31-01-2023, 10:12 AM
Met Office says winds around 15mins with gusts up to mid 30’s. Can’t see that causing the game to be called, looks like heavy rain around then as well, either way, horrendous conditions for a game of football.

davhibby
31-01-2023, 10:21 AM

We’ve played in much worse than the forecast for the game tonight. Unless there’s something badly wrong with the pitch it will be on.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Met Office says winds around 15mins with gusts up to mid 30’s. Can’t see that causing the game to be called, looks like heavy rain around then as well, either way, horrendous conditions for a game of football.

Sounds quite similar to the conditions up there when Sproule scored the winner for them in a 1-0 win. I ended up staying in the boozer and backed him ew @ 8s for first scorer! 😀

Just checked, 10 years ago yesterday! 😲

Ardenttwo
31-01-2023, 11:07 AM
We’ve played in much worse than the forecast for the game tonight. Unless there’s something badly wrong with the pitch it will be on.

Would not be surprised if game called off on Health and Safety reasons. Very stormy conditions up here. Wrap up well as it’s freezing with sleet showers going through.

green&left
31-01-2023, 11:41 AM
Any news from Hibs or County stating if the ticket booth takes card/contactless for payment?

Hibbyradge
31-01-2023, 11:49 AM
Any news from Hibs or County stating if the ticket booth takes card/contactless for payment?

RCs ticket office number:

01349 860860

Hibee Daft
31-01-2023, 01:00 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Jeggo
Campbell
Newell

Mckirdy
Youan
Nisbet

I think we need to protect Mcgeady abit and be extra careful with his game time. Mckirdy deserves a start also pht in a good shift last game.

Would also be tempted to start O'Connor

Bobby's Cinema
31-01-2023, 01:57 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Jeggo
Campbell
Newell

Mckirdy
Youan
Nisbet

I think we need to protect Mcgeady abit and be extra careful with his game time. Mckirdy deserves a start also pht in a good shift last game.

Would also be tempted to start O'Connor
I have a feeling Nisbet won't travel. In which case it will be same team as Saturday and same subs as Saturday (excluding Nisbet). Agree on Mcgeady though.

JamesHFC
31-01-2023, 02:06 PM

About 20 mins away on the train and the sun is out with clear skies. Seems okay for now.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2023, 02:14 PM
I have a feeling Nisbet won't travel. In which case it will be same team as Saturday and same subs as Saturday (excluding Nisbet). Agree on Mcgeady though.

Won't they have travelled yesterday?

heretoday
31-01-2023, 02:18 PM
We'll murder them. I feel sorry for them already.

CapitalGreen
31-01-2023, 02:22 PM

What games in our league is a solid defence not needed?

Basildon Hibs
31-01-2023, 02:35 PM

Why won't he have travelled?

Onceinawhile
31-01-2023, 02:38 PM
What games in our league is a solid defence not needed?

Aberdeen!

Ardenttwo
31-01-2023, 02:50 PM
Won't they have travelled yesterday?

Usually travel up the night before and stay at the Kingsmills Hotel Inverness This is where there was a Hoo Ha about Hibs players not wearing masks for Covid

Alex Trager
31-01-2023, 03:25 PM
Can we watch the game on Hibs TV?

GreenCastle
31-01-2023, 03:25 PM
Really important game tonight if we are serious about Top 4 - 3 points would be a real boost.

Home games before break..

Killie
Huns
Motherwell
Heartz

Away

Ross County
St Mirren
Livi
Tics
Dundee Utd
St Johnstone

O'Rourke3
31-01-2023, 03:52 PM
I have a feeling Nisbet won't travel. In which case it will be same team as Saturday and same subs as Saturday (excluding Nisbet). Agree on Mcgeady though.LJ explained before Saturday why he was on the bench and that he'd come on during the game so he can start him at Ross County. Unless theres a bid in, he's on the bus.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk