PDA

View Full Version : Humble Pie

Smartie
28-01-2023, 05:56 PM
Anyone else up for having some?

Not saying we’ve turned the corner overnight or that all of our many wrongs have been righted but that was a good day’s work that I didn’t see coming.

Good performances from a few senior players who have been much maligned of late (the type Aberdeen could really be doing with right now), a few good performances from fringe players, a good contribution from the much criticised Kevin Nisbet and a strong day from Lee Johnson.

We queue up to dole out criticism to these guys, any else feeling like we might have overdone it a bit of late?

Unseen work
28-01-2023, 05:58 PM
Happy to accept and have some humble pie about my reaction to the starting eleven.

Well done to each and every one of them.

Well and truly shut me up and proved their quality.

Now to do it again on Tuesday

Hibbyradge
28-01-2023, 06:01 PM
Is there any left in Edinburgh?

I would have thought Kevin Nisbet will have scoffed most of it.

Jones28
28-01-2023, 06:02 PM
Absolutely. Gotta have the humility to admit when we get it wrong. It’s good to be a Hibs fan tonight 👍🏻👍🏻

Torto7
28-01-2023, 06:05 PM

Not saying we’ve turned the corner overnight or that all of our many wrongs have been righted but that was a good day’s work that I didn’t see coming.

Good performances from a few senior players who have been much maligned of late (the type Aberdeen could really be doing with right now), a few good performances from fringe players, a good contribution from the much criticised Kevin Nisbet and a strong day from Lee Johnson.

We queue up to dole out criticism to these guys, any else feeling like we might have overdone it a bit of late?

I will stop calling him coco as I've actually been impressed with the tactical adjustment last week and this. I thought we played well against Hearts. He talks pish but provided we get results I couldn't care less. One thing I would say is there's been plenty of times this season I've been happy with the football and felt we didn't get what we deserved. Under Maloney and the end of Ross was just boring.

Since452
It was an outstanding reaction to a bad derby score in a game we actually played pretty well in. Aberdeen are in a bad place but we fully capitalised on that. Nobody could have argued if we'd won 7 or 8-0 today.

WhileTheChief..
Way too soon.

Were you eating any after the Motherwell game when we thought we’d turned the corner?!

Ask again at the end of the season. Actually, ask again in 3 or 4 weeks!

If we can pick up 9 points or so from 12, I’ll happily buy a slice. I’d eat the whole damn thing if LJ can get us into Europe by the end of the season.

If he doesn’t, I’ll go back to wanting him replaced. Seems like perfectly fair and reasonable position to take!

BroxburnHibee
28-01-2023, 06:07 PM

Happy to. I'm not getting carried away though. Easily the worst Aberdeen performance I've ever watched at ER.

Thoroughly enjoyed that today hopefully not another false dawn

MartinfaePorty
28-01-2023, 06:08 PM
The only thing I wanted to say is that the people who said we have been out fought in games and that the players are turning against Johnson have been proved wrong. When we've lost games it's been lack of quality. I've seen no evidence of players not backing the manager.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
28-01-2023, 06:23 PM
No but it’s right to acknowledge we played very well today as a team and that, individually, some players played as well as they have all season. We’ve not just imagined all the crap that has went before this season and I think we do have remember the absolute state of the opposition.

I did say the lineup was depressing when I saw it and they certainly proved me wrong so will accept some on that!

For now, just going to enjoy a beer as it’s not often they’ve sent us home happy on a Saturday. On to Tuesday and hopefully we’ll be driving home from Dingwall at some stupid hour feeling similarly content.

JohnM1875
28-01-2023, 06:24 PM
My humble pie after today is Will Fish. Thought he was superb today.

SON OF PADDY
28-01-2023, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=Hibbyradge;7257598]Is there any left in Edinburgh?

I would have thought Kevin Nisbet will have scoffed most of it.[/Q
QUOTE]

It's that taste,that torments? 😋

Ronniekirk
28-01-2023, 06:44 PM
Me Just thought the senior players who made the case for Goodwin to stay to the Chairman , would bust a gut for him
On paper our team looked weaker than it has been
But delighted we won and to score 6 was the icing on the cake ,

Gatecrasher
28-01-2023, 06:49 PM
I had 2-0 Dons before the game, was happy to be proved wrong. As much as I am enjoying tonight the question is whether this is a one off, we dont have long to find out.

Greenwich_Hibby
28-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Key for me is not today, but whether we follow it up midweek. If we can build on this, that's the time for the humble pie.

McGruber
28-01-2023, 07:04 PM

Can I place an order for the pie please - double helping with some single cream

Diclonius
28-01-2023, 07:06 PM
Mmmmmmm, delicious humble pie.

ehf
28-01-2023, 07:29 PM
I will happily take a slice; we were excellent today, took our chances, put bodies on the line and worked as a team. Well done LJ and the players - keep it up!

superfurryhibby
28-01-2023, 07:57 PM
I feared we would get turned over today. Instead we watched excellence unfold.

I’ll have a slice of that humble pie please.

Real Emerald
28-01-2023, 08:11 PM
As soon as I saw that team I thought it would be six nil so I was half right. I’ll eat my humble pie.

Itsnoteasy
28-01-2023, 08:31 PM

Over done it, getting pumped by Hertz twice & beating a team today that everyone is pumping. Naw.
But we'll done Hibs.

MrRobot
28-01-2023, 08:44 PM
Is there any left in Edinburgh?

I would have thought Kevin Nisbet will have scoffed most of it.

:greengrin

Steve20
28-01-2023, 08:48 PM
Tremendous performance today. We were magnificent.

But humble pie? No. We’ve still been turned over 3-0 twice by Hearts and knocked out the cup in recent weeks. One win doesn’t mean Johnson is the answer or the squad is good.

If we follow today up and go on a run and finish top 4 then yes, humble pie maybe. But until we’re challenging Hearts, it’s too soon to be saying people were wrong.

IberianHibernian
28-01-2023, 08:59 PM
Maybe worth giving some credit to whoever recruited McGeady , Youan and Fish not just based on today`s game against clearly struggling opponents but in other matches where we`ve lost . The first two would walk into any non OF team in our league and could probably do well with OF and Fish is clearly a great young player who has ( understandably perhaps ) been written off by some here cause of one terrible mistake against Hearts . Reluctant to write this after a big win since we all know we won`t have an easier game than today for a while but think it`s only fair to suggest that non stop criticism of " shambolic , disastrous " etc etc recruitment is not always deserved .