PDA

View Full Version : Is third place on?..

Pages : [1] 2

Billy McKirdy
28-01-2023, 05:02 PM
..or am I just getting a bit carried away after a decent performance?

ErinGoBraghHFC
28-01-2023, 05:02 PM

No it’s not. Fourth is though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
28-01-2023, 05:15 PM

No and yes. No reason we can't build and shoot for 4th though

Hibbyradge
28-01-2023, 05:18 PM
This place is utterly bonkers. :faf:

Yesterday people were putting money on us finishing 11th or last. Today we're going to be third.

Fabulous nonsense.

Unseen work
28-01-2023, 05:19 PM
No.

Let’s all calm down and focus on beating County on Tuesday which will be a tough game

Since452
28-01-2023, 05:21 PM
No. Fourth most definitely is though.

Green_one
28-01-2023, 05:21 PM
Erm, NO

Enjoy the night

JammyDoidger
28-01-2023, 05:22 PM
Let's settle down, 4th still a possibility if we get our act together now.

#2 Double Tap
28-01-2023, 05:23 PM

Yesterday people were putting money on us finishing 11th or last. Today we're going to be third.

Fabulous nonsense.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OmBxVfQTuvI

Diclonius
28-01-2023, 05:24 PM
If we can't beat the Hertz then no.

HarpOnHibee
28-01-2023, 05:25 PM
As long as it's mathematically possible, that's what we're playing for.

Onion
28-01-2023, 05:25 PM

Yes, totally carried away :agree: Today was not a typical Saturday. Aberdeen were abysmal, probably the worse team we've played all season, and everything Hibs did came off. This Hibs team will still struggle against stuffier, hungrier, better sides. Enjoy today, but let's not kid ourselves.

monarch
28-01-2023, 05:27 PM

Fabulous nonsense.
Exactly.

Come on Ron. We’re told you’re a savvy business man. Get the 23/24 season tickets rolled out now. :greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
28-01-2023, 05:30 PM

Fabulous nonsense.

my feelings exactly :faf:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-01-2023, 05:32 PM
Top six is still the target.

Torto7
28-01-2023, 05:38 PM
Maybe, Hearts despite the plaudits are performing way better than they should be according to XG whilst we're not converting at the rate we should be. if we have a good ending to the window and go on a run the gunts will hit a slump at some point imo.

LunasBoots
28-01-2023, 05:41 PM
No, fourth is.

Greencore
28-01-2023, 05:45 PM
Hibs.net the bipolar of websites.

GreenCastle
28-01-2023, 06:11 PM
We aren’t at 3rd place levels this season.

But 4th is possible but we have to bear Livi and St Mirren in the upcoming games.

Next 4 games are important then we play old firm then 4 after that including a Derby will be difficult too.

We have to take off this Aberdeen slump also and create a gap.

Simply one game at a time and next game is so important midweek away to County.

Mcbizz1998
28-01-2023, 06:33 PM
Nope.

GreenGray
28-01-2023, 06:36 PM
Hibs.net the bipolar of websites.

Hibs, the bipolar of teams. It’s no real surprise a clubs fans forums reflect how the team is playing.

Is It On....
28-01-2023, 06:40 PM
8 points of third...10 points better than 9th/10th/11th/12th. I will be happy when we are safe and we really need to win against Ross County on Tuesday

Greencore
28-01-2023, 06:47 PM
Hibs, the bipolar of teams. It’s no real surprise a clubs fans forums reflect how the team is playing.

Okay, thanks for the input.

GreenGray
28-01-2023, 06:50 PM
Okay, thanks for the input.

Ehm, you’re welcome?

southern hibby
28-01-2023, 06:53 PM
What do you mean third I’m still aiming for first……

But seriously a game in Europe will do me considering how bad we’ve been this season and if we somehow we did get third it’s a bonus.

GGTTH

Greencore
28-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Ehm, you’re welcome?

No problem. 😎

judas
28-01-2023, 07:19 PM
I don’t think we are quite as bad as the crit suggested nor Hearts quite as good as the hype suggests, that said I will still expect them to be reasonably comfortable in 3rd.

What amazes me is the fierce and irrational reaction by fans to a result or two. On kickback, their players are now world beaters. And ours have taken on a new fame after today, that they didn’t have only 6 days ago?!

hibby6270
28-01-2023, 09:34 PM
Possibly and probably - to answer your questions.

Why possibly? We need a consistent run of results. We won’t win every game but keep on the coat tails of our Gorgie chums and the fact we still have play (& beat!) them twice, gives us that possible chance.

As for the probably? Yeah - the Dons were as bad as I’ve seen them for a while but at the same time a lot of what we did today worked for a change. In a lot of previous games we’ve tried the flicks, tricks and back heels and paid the price. Today showed there is team capable of some great pleasing on the eye football. Keep it up and who knows. 3rd place is not the impossible pipe dream.

As ever though, I’m a realist and if 4th is the best we can do, it’ll not be a disaster.

green day
28-01-2023, 09:43 PM
No

Hibee Daft
28-01-2023, 09:47 PM
Of course its still on, will we be consistent enough to get 3rd? We'll soon see

Glory Lurker
28-01-2023, 09:48 PM
What about 2nd?

Alex Trager
28-01-2023, 10:20 PM
Fourth has to be the aim at this stage. Third is gone I would say.

Get a few good bodies in and this team could absolutely be fourth.

It’s been clear to see all year for me. The OF are levels above. Hearts seem to be a slight level above. But the rest are much a muchness and for us to be where we are despite the run we had recently speaks volumes.

Get quality in, keep them fit. Be consistent. That has to be the aim.

If we do that, we absolutely can finish fourth.

Percy Vere
28-01-2023, 11:26 PM

Nope.
Hearts too strong and we are rebuilding.
Good enough for 4th I think.

Percy Vere
29-01-2023, 12:25 AM

Nope.

Donegal Hibby
29-01-2023, 12:40 AM
Nope.
Which has me wondering if a hertz win today would be the best possible result for us ?

cocteautwin
29-01-2023, 01:47 AM
Hearts have spent £45m of contributions the past few years and have an extra £5m or so from their Euro run this season. There’s no way we should be even thinking about 3rd if they are a semi decent run club.

Jim44
29-01-2023, 08:30 AM
Let's settle down, 4th still a possibility if we get our act together now.

4th place is well within our sights but we have to keep up with Livingston who have a game in hand after their game against the Jambos today. Sticks in my throat but I hope the Jambos do us a favour. I’ll try not to get too upset if they don’t but sometimes you have to let the head rule the heart.

cabbageandribs1875
29-01-2023, 08:35 AM
Livi have a tough six fixtures coming up

Heartz
Sellick
Kille
Sevco
Aberdeen
then us

Ronniekirk
29-01-2023, 08:39 AM
The next four games will give us a better indication Livingston have two games in hand so it’s imperative we beat them and st Mirren one game in hand so again would be good to beat them
But first up Ross County away on a potentially wet windy midweek Never an easy fixture but we go into that full of confidence and hopeful one or two new signings and Nizzy still at the Club

BegbieHSC
29-01-2023, 08:56 AM
If Hearts win today, it’s probably out of sight. If they don’t, and we win our next four games - Ross County, St Mirren, Killie, and if we manage to beat Livi too, then…we can maybe dream.

sauzeelegod
29-01-2023, 02:38 PM
After todays result.
Midweek is huge.
Hearts have the huns and Livi have Celtic.

If hearts lose and we beat Ross county the gap is down to 6 points.
Massive game for us midweek.

JamesHFC
29-01-2023, 02:39 PM
100% it is.

Hibbyradge
29-01-2023, 02:42 PM
100% it is.

I don't think we'll pick up 9+ points more than hertz in the next 15 games.

Unless we beat them twice...

WeeRussell
29-01-2023, 02:46 PM
Probably not but isn’t it nice to be looking ahead all of a sudden rather than discussing relegation odds.

First thing’s first, follow-up with another 3 points midweek. Things could suddenly be a lot tighter behind the old firm, and at least talk of this season being a write-off can be shelved for now.

Vini1875
29-01-2023, 02:46 PM
I find it hard to trust this team in terms of grit, fight and determination. Going a goal down puts them into their shell too often. We need to be tougher and I don't know if many of them have in them to be the characters needed to go on a sustained run. We should get 6 points from Ross County and St. Mirren, but will we?

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2023, 02:54 PM
I dont think we can get 4th nevermind 3rd, this team always have a game like yesterday in them, Hibs can beat anyone at home on their day.

Our day does not come round often enough though, and days like last week and the week before are the norm, not what we produced yesterday.

Hibees1973
29-01-2023, 03:02 PM
Hearts have spent £45m of contributions the past few years and have an extra £5m or so from their Euro run this season. There’s no way we should be even thinking about 3rd if they are a semi decent run club.

Don't agree with this.

Reckon they are nailed on 3rd this season. This is not based on Hearts being good, more on that our squad is dire and the rest of the major clubs in the SPFL being very weak. They have been wise in the transfer market, but not exceptional. They have had more money than us for few years, but it was only last season for the first time in about 5 years they finished above us.

Even in the last couple of weeks I've started to hear arrogance and over confidence spouting from their management and support. I've even heard words that they are aiming to catch Rangers. Do me a favour, even if they beat them in midweek they won't be within 20 points of the Hun come season end.

Experience has shown that they, or any other club are unable to consistently beat or get anywhere near the OF. This will eventually breed resentment in the Yam, they will go on a poor run, sack Neilson and degenerate into fiasco. The kind of thing that happened to us when we sacked Ross. Know we got within a point of Rangers & Aberdeen in 2017-2018, but as I've said it's very difficult to maintain this level for the likes of us.

They may appear to be in a positive position just now but it will surprise me if they are still all sweetness and light this time next year.

where'stheslope
29-01-2023, 03:11 PM
Don't agree with this.

Reckon they are nailed on 3rd this season. This is not based on Hearts being good, more on that our squad is dire and the rest of the major clubs in the SPFL being very weak. They have been wise in the transfer market, but not exceptional. They have had more money than us for few years, but it was only last season for the first time in about 5 years they finished above us.

Even in the last couple of weeks I've started to hear arrogance and over confidence spouting from their management and support. I've even heard words that they are aiming to catch Rangers. Do me a favour, even if they beat them in midweek they won't be within 20 points of the Hun come season end.

Experience has shown that they, or any other club are unable to consistently beat or get anywhere near the OF. This will eventually breed resentment in the Yam, they will go on a poor run, sack Neilson and degenerate into fiasco. The kind of thing that happened to us when we sacked Ross. Know we got within a point of Rangers & Aberdeen in 2017-2018, but as I've said it's very difficult to maintain this level for the likes of us.

They may appear to be in a positive position just now but it will surprise me if they are still all sweetness and light this time next year.
I agree with your sentiments, but we've just beat the worst Aberdeen team ever!
Optimism is getting the better of most on here.
Lets wait for our next 3-4 results before thinking we're a great team again!!!

Broken Gnome
29-01-2023, 03:12 PM
I dont think we can get 4th nevermind 3rd, this team always have a game like yesterday in them, Hibs can beat anyone at home on their day.

Our day does not come round often enough though, and days like last week and the week before are the norm, not what we produced yesterday.

Yep.

This squad still has an awful lot to prove as to how capable they are of a good sustained run. As it stands it's still far too threadbare and prone to off days.

Still the prospect of Nisbet leaving, defence wafer thin on numbers, is the new Youan going to turn up every week or revert to the early winter Youan.. Seems a big ask for us to reliably expect yesterday's performance to become the norm.

That said, it might just be that a couple of straightforward sold additions like Fish and Jeggo end up being fairly transformational. Can hopefully start looking up with some legitimate confidence, but Wednesday post-County and transfer window gives a clearer picture.

Bobby's Cinema
29-01-2023, 03:48 PM
I don't think so no.

4th is realistic, and we can go a clear 4th on Tuesday now.

We need to show consistency that we've not seen all season though.

We are yo-yoing from one extreme to the next week to week with our results and the feeling within the support.

eastmainsmsh
29-01-2023, 03:55 PM
Realistically 4th but would love it if we could to shut them up

Hibees1973
29-01-2023, 03:56 PM
I agree with your sentiments, but we've just beat the worst Aberdeen team ever!
Optimism is getting the better of most on here.
Lets wait for our next 3-4 results before thinking we're a great team again!!!

Don't think I ever said we are a great team, or going to get 3rd.

My points were aimed that it is very difficult for Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen/Dundee Utd to consistently maintain a 3rd place finish over a few seasons and even get near to the OF. Aberdeen under McIness did very well but only because Hibs/Hearts/Rangers were going through various states of decline. The Yam reckon they are on the cusp of this.

We are only going to get near to 3rd, if at the minimum we bin Ron's son, then get a coherent coach and transfer strategy

marinello59
29-01-2023, 03:58 PM
Third place is gone, they have that in the bag already.
I’m not so sure about fourth either but it’s certainly achievable.

147lothian
29-01-2023, 04:00 PM
Two wins and two draws in our next four games and for me fourth is very much a possibility, or even one lose and three wins but third place for me is unrealistic.

#2 Double Tap
29-01-2023, 04:02 PM
imagine if we somehow finished above them this season, it would seriouslyhave heads exploding in gorgie.

funny picture in my mind :greengrin

Gloucester Hibs
29-01-2023, 04:04 PM
Two wins and two draws in our next four games and for me fourth is very much a possibility, or even one lose and three wins but third place for me is unrealistic.

We play Livi (away) in game 4 so could do with one of those wins coming in that.

Hibernia&Alba
29-01-2023, 04:08 PM
I don't think we'll get third. However, just a couple of weeks ago many of us were worrying about a possible relegation battle, and I will take a comfortable mid-table finish this season. Maintain the form of the last three league games, ensure we are safe, then go from there. At this point in time we could still finish anywhere from third to bottom; it's tight. We are nine points off third and ten points off the bottom, with fifteen games to play.

Hibees1973
29-01-2023, 04:10 PM

We won't achieve 2 wins and 2 draws in the next 4 games.

The squad is weak, particularly in central defence. When put under any kind of pressure this Hibs team/squad capitulates. They were put under zero pressure yesterday. They will be tested, even up in bloody Dingwall. Let's just see how that goes first.

Top 6 should still be our main aim just now and no more.

Any confident predictions on a 3rd /4th place by posters on here is based on yesterday. Not on team performances and the whole season so far.

B.H.F.C
29-01-2023, 04:34 PM
I don't think we'll get third. However, just a couple of weeks ago many of us were worrying about a possible relegation battle, and I will take a comfortable mid-table finish this season. Maintain the form of the last three league games, ensure we are safe, then go from there. At this point in time we could still finish anywhere from third to bottom; it's tight. We are nine points off third and ten points off the bottom, with fifteen games to play.

Think this weekend removed the threat of anything daft happening and us being dragged back in. The bottom 4 are all 10 points behind us. No way all or 3 of them take 11 points more than us between now and the end of the season.

I don’t think we’ll realistically challenge for 3rd place but we need to be looking at narrowing the gap. I’m sick of hearing how far ahead of us they are. And if you do narrow the gap you just never know. 4th place should be the target though.

superfurryhibby
29-01-2023, 04:37 PM
We won't achieve 2 wins and 2 draws in the next 4 games.

The squad is weak, particularly in central defence. When put under any kind of pressure this Hibs team/squad capitulates. They were put under zero pressure yesterday. They will be tested, even up in bloody Dingwall. Let's just see how that goes first.

Top 6 should still be our main aim just now and no more.

Any confident predictions on a 3rd /4th place by posters on here is based on yesterday. Not on team performances and the whole season so far.

We are 2 points off Livi in 4th place with 2/3rds of the season gone already, with a striker scoring for fun and one of the most talented players outside of the old firm returned from injury and looking very influential. In addition, Youan is hitting form and looking very good. I’m feeling confident that we will be in the mix for 4th place at the end of the season.

I reserve the right to retract all of the above if we get beat on Tuesday.

hibsbollah
29-01-2023, 04:37 PM
Yep.

This squad still has an awful lot to prove as to how capable they are of a good sustained run. As it stands it's still far too threadbare and prone to off days.

Still the prospect of Nisbet leaving, defence wafer thin on numbers, is the new Youan going to turn up every week or revert to the early winter Youan.. Seems a big ask for us to reliably expect yesterday's performance to become the norm.

That said, it might just be that a couple of straightforward sold additions like Fish and Jeggo end up being fairly transformational. Can hopefully start looking up with some legitimate confidence, but Wednesday post-County and transfer window gives a clearer picture.

Todays Youan has been the same player for weeks now, it’s already a sustained run to call it the norm.

superfurryhibby
29-01-2023, 04:54 PM
Todays Youan has been the same player for weeks now, it’s already a sustained run to call it the norm.

Would tend to agree. Youan has been good since the season started again after the world cup. TBF I didn’t watch the derby at Tiny and I wasn’t at the Utd game. If he maintains form, he’s going to help drive the team onto a decent last 3rd of the league campaign.

buktapurple79
29-01-2023, 07:06 PM
If Hearts win today, it’s probably out of sight. If they don’t, and we win our next four games - Ross County, St Mirren, Killie, and if we manage to beat Livi too, then…we can maybe dream.

This is on. They will be bricking it, and I think their luck has ran out. We’ve been very unlucky and it’s starting to click. Nae pressure on the Hibees, KN back, JC banging then in. All good.

Green Reaper
29-01-2023, 07:14 PM
Tuesday is going to tell us a lot, if we win and other results go as expected we will be in Fourth, 1 ahead of Livi and 6 behind the gunts.

Potty78
29-01-2023, 07:20 PM
This is on. They will be bricking it, and I think their luck has ran out. We’ve been very unlucky and it’s starting to click. Nae pressure on the Hibees, KN back, JC banging then in. All good.

We win our next 4 then its defo on, massive if though. No sure they are bricking it either. One game at a time eh

eastterrace
29-01-2023, 07:23 PM
Think we need to calm down a tad as we demolished a poor Aberdeen side who gave up after the 3rd goal. We ain’t gonna get 3rd with the players we have but 4th is a possibility.

B.H.F.C
29-01-2023, 08:15 PM
Tuesday is going to tell us a lot, if we win and other results go as expected we will be in Fourth, 1 ahead of Livi and 6 behind the gunts.

We need to win on Tuesday. We’ve actually got ourselves some decent league form this month, need to keep it going. Go up there and lose and yesterday will be quickly forgotten.

Glory Lurker
29-01-2023, 08:20 PM
Had the good fortune to be at our win up there earlier in the season, kenning how patchy our record up yon is. RC away is a brilliant litmus test after a result like Saturday. If we win it, we are motoring.

Green Reaper
29-01-2023, 08:24 PM
We need to win on Tuesday. We’ve actually got ourselves some decent league form this month, need to keep it going. Go up there and lose and yesterday will be quickly forgotten.

Yep, this is a big game for us, need to show some consistant form and push on

147lothian
29-01-2023, 08:56 PM
A win or even a draw on Tuesday and we still live in hope, how good is it to be thinking about Europe rather than the trap door.

B.H.F.C
29-01-2023, 09:08 PM
A win or even a draw on Tuesday and we still live in hope, how good is it to be thinking about Europe rather than the trap door.

Draw no good on Tuesday IMO. The two teams above us play the Old Firm so points will be dropped. We need to win to close that gap or overtake where Livi are concerned. Real chance to build some momentum and positivity, particularly if we manage to hold on to Nisbet and get a couple in.

Dunbar Hibee
29-01-2023, 10:29 PM

Fabulous nonsense.

You’re one of the biggest slavers on here tbf

Jim44
29-01-2023, 10:54 PM

Fabulous nonsense.

It’s not as silly as you claim. Before yesterday’s game, the difference between 5th and 11th place was only about 7 points and, given our recent form and Jekyll and Hyde tendencies, we were, and possibly still are, capable of taking a downward dive. By the same token, we might just go on a nice wee run and surprise everybody. Probably not quite enough for 3rd but 4th is definitely achievable. So, ‘bonkers’ is a bit unfair, ‘nervously unsure’ might describe us more accurately.

ekhibee
29-01-2023, 11:01 PM
I really don't think Hearts are particularly good, but most of the teams below them are inconsistent and full of pretty average players with 1 or 2 exceptions. I don't listen to Hearts-orientated programmes like Sportsound and I don't watch Sportscene much these days, so I never really watch them at all unless they're playing Hibs or getting beaten, but in terms of consistency they still seem to get away with clear penalty decisions against them on a regular basis, so they're heading in the same direction as the old firm from that perspective and will continue to get loads of incorrect decisions in their favour, particularly at Tynecastle so I think 3rd place is nailed on.

basehibby
29-01-2023, 11:18 PM

We can dream but would need the kind of form Rangers have shown this season sustained over 15 games to overtake the Yams at their current velocity. Great performance and great win on Sat and hope the players are dreaming of third after that! Realistically though it would take a major stumble from the Yam Turds as well as a total reversal of recent HIbs form to haul them back.

loanheadhibby
29-01-2023, 11:30 PM
We are 2 points off Livi in 4th place with 2/3rds of the season gone already, with a striker scoring for fun and one of the most talented players outside of the old firm returned from injury and looking very influential. In addition, Youan is hitting form and looking very good. I’m feeling confident that we will be in the mix for 4th place at the end of the season.

I reserve the right to retract all of the above if we get beat on Tuesday.

Who is this talented player?

1875godsgift
29-01-2023, 11:40 PM

Aiden McGeady I would think 🤔

loanheadhibby
30-01-2023, 01:40 AM
Aiden McGeady I would think 🤔

Aaah yes fair point.

loanheadhibby
30-01-2023, 01:41 AM
I really don't think Hearts are particularly good, but most of the teams below them are inconsistent and full of pretty average players with 1 or 2 exceptions. I don't listen to Hearts-orientated programmes like Sportsound and I don't watch Sportscene much these days, so I never really watch them at all unless they're playing Hibs or getting beaten, but in terms of consistency they still seem to get away with clear penalty decisions against them on a regular basis, so they're heading in the same direction as the old firm from that perspective and will continue to get loads of incorrect decisions in their favour, particularly at Tynecastle so I think 3rd place is nailed on.

So you're saying Hearts get all the decisions and we don't.
Have you left primary school yet?

JimBHibees
30-01-2023, 05:51 AM
I find it hard to trust this team in terms of grit, fight and determination. Going a goal down puts them into their shell too often. We need to be tougher and I don't know if many of them have in them to be the characters needed to go on a sustained run. We should get 6 points from Ross County and St. Mirren, but will we?

Agree two tough away games think 4 points should be minimum however wouldn't be surprised if less given our poor away form.

McGruber
30-01-2023, 07:06 AM
It was a tremendous result and performance against Aberdeen. Before the Aberdeen match there were huge concerns over getting dragged towards the bottom of the league and into relegation trouble. After the game some with the notion it is possible to catch Hearts most said are miles ahead of us.

Fair to say most of the doom mongering was based on the scenario of losing Nisbet, if we keep to the end of the season we can definitely stay clear of trouble.

Aberdeen were so bad they would have lost on Saturday away to any other team in the league - maybe not by 6 but would have lost no doubt.

Before Aberdeen we struggled, with Nisbet, at home to Dundee United with an abject performance.

Will we catch Hearts for 3rd - no chance.

Ross County will be a massive test. Lets see if we can follow up the big win or if we revert to type then all calling for the LJ's head again.

Also still need to bring in at least 2 centre backs and hopefully midfielder

superfurryhibby
30-01-2023, 07:22 AM

It’s almost like some “ fans” never actually watch Hibs.

Alex Trager
30-01-2023, 07:32 AM
So you're saying Hearts get all the decisions and we don't.
Have you left primary school yet?

I think it’s fair to say we have not benefitted from VAR excepting perhaps once.

Hearts seem to get all the breaks with it.

The non peno vs DU (Gordon tackle on Fletcher). The (non) peno Vs DU (Shankland). The peno (not given) vs st mirren where rowles punches it out the park.

Compare the Rowles one to Joe Newell Vs Livi for example.

The foul in the build up to the second last week. The peno for us, not given.

Roxyhibee
30-01-2023, 07:32 AM
Not unless we sign 4/5 quality players in the next 36 hours.

Loads of games to go, we’ll likely pick up more injuries and the existing squad is far too thin for even 4th at the moment.

Greenworld
30-01-2023, 07:47 AM
Maybe, Hearts despite the plaudits are performing way better than they should be according to XG whilst we're not converting at the rate we should be. if we have a good ending to the window and go on a run the gunts will hit a slump at some point imo.This 100% what I think hearts have been lucky in a few games they are no way as good as there fans think .
Yes the beat us 3-0 however I watched that game in the calm of my house and thought hibs played really well I could not beleive the score line.
Tighten the defence jimmy jeggo could be a good signing for midfield and up front we look strong at last .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Hibby70
30-01-2023, 08:00 AM
If we can get to say within 4/5 points off them going into the split we have a chance.

Don't think it's likely but it's not impossible by any means.

Halmyre Hibee
30-01-2023, 08:03 AM
Can’t see it to be honest. 4th or 5th based on current form. That said a good run of wins and Hearts dropping points could change the situation.

I'm Spartacus
30-01-2023, 08:41 AM
The yambos have clawed back 17 points on Aberdeen since the World Cup break, so why cant we claw back 9?

Is it possible? Probably not, but is it possible? Yes is the answer.

The only disclaimer about the weekend has to be that Aberdeen are the worst team in the country, but it's great for the confidence. If there's one team I would like after Aberdeen it would be County or Killie and we have both in our next 3 games. If we pick up 9 points then we're only going to be 6 points behind third at the very worst.

Tambo
30-01-2023, 06:06 PM
If we are to have any chance of 3rd then we really need to pick up 10/12 points before our two games before the old firm.

Closing the gap come Wednesday will be a bonus.

Svengali
30-01-2023, 06:12 PM
Third no. But 4th is, not because we’re particularly brilliant. I think Hearts will get third by a good few points, we will probably continue to be a little inconsistent (as will every other team).

But, there is no team we should be particularly worried about.

McGruber
31-01-2023, 08:53 PM
Well that will be that notion put to bed

Carheenlea
31-01-2023, 08:57 PM
When you get the decisions going your way you’ve a good chance of securing third. When you’re continually battling against corrupt officials then the chances are next to nil.

McHibby
01-02-2023, 01:00 AM

I'm genuinely quite surprised at how optimistic people are for the rest of the season. I am not normally a doom-monger but, with our injuries and general lack of depth in the squad, I struggle to see us putting together a decent string of results.

Obviously I hope I am wrong and that the new signings click with the team 🤞

Maguire
01-02-2023, 02:14 AM
When you get the decisions going your way you’ve a good chance of securing third. When you’re continually battling against corrupt officials then the chances are next to nil.

Every club has decisions against them, and every set of fans believe that they are hard done by. Why would there be any corruption against us? it's not like we're exactly a threat to anybody even if we did get all the decisions in our favor.

HoboHarry
01-02-2023, 02:36 AM
Every club has decisions against them, and every set of fans believe that they are hard done by. Why would there be any corruption against us? it's not like we're exactly a threat to anybody even if we did get all the decisions in our favor.

That would be fine if true but I'd be willing to bet money that Sevco have far far less decisions go against them than any other club in Scotland.

Donegal Hibby
01-02-2023, 03:00 AM
That would be fine if true but I'd be willing to bet money that Sevco have far far less decisions go against them than any other club in Scotland.
Normally decisions go with them HH , Somebody told me over here that Tavernier has had over 40 penalties in his sevco career yet it's over 30 games since a penalty has been given against them and about 40 before that ! I don't know if this is true but it's what I was told !

HarpOnHibee
01-02-2023, 04:59 AM
Every club has decisions against them,

Just some far more blatantly so than others. When was the last time you saw a dodgy decision go against Rangers or Hearts?

Why would there be any corruption against us?

I think we all know the answer to that one. The crooks running our game are still living in "those" times.

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2023, 05:12 AM

Rangers and Celtic don't get anything like the decisions against them we do.

Hearts get ****ed a lot less than we do too. Look at that goal last night :faf: no way that is given against the old firm.

Carheenlea
01-02-2023, 06:32 AM
To put it another way, some clubs have less hurdles to overcome when trying to finish as high up the table as possible.

GreenCastle
01-02-2023, 06:42 AM
We do struggle to play well for 90 mins.

Aberdeen game - played well 90 mins but as everyone knows they were awful.

We can do well for 45 mins but playing well for a full game seems to be an issue for Johnson and the players we have to maintain the levels.

Next 3 games..St Mirren and Livi - battling for 4th - we need to win them if we want 4th.

Killie - bottom of the table.

If we want 4th we need wins. 3 draws is useless - would rather win 2 and lose 1. But we need wins!

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2023, 06:42 AM
Just some far more blatantly so than others. When was the last time you saw a dodgy decision go against Rangers or Hearts?

I think we all know the answer to that one. The crooks running our game are still living in "those" times.

The best barometer I can think of is the penalty we didn't get at Ibrox and then penalty Rangers got against St Johnstone at the weekend.

SChibs
01-02-2023, 07:03 AM
The best barometer I can think of is the penalty we didn't get at Ibrox and then penalty Rangers got against St Johnstone at the weekend.

We should have had a penalty against Rangers at Easter Road too for Tavernier holding on to Rocky. Then they have the softest penalty ever to be given to Rangers afterwards

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2023, 07:04 AM
We should have had a penalty against Rangers at Easter Road too for Tavernier holding on to Rocky. Then they have the softest penalty ever to be given to Rangers afterwards

Forgot about that one.

Have The Rangers had a penalty go against them after it going to VAR yet??

SickBoy32
01-02-2023, 07:18 AM

😂😂

Never a hibby btw

Ronniekirk
01-02-2023, 01:32 PM
Last nights result confirms fir me third place is unobtainable and the next four games will indicate if we can push for fourth

Keith_M
01-02-2023, 02:03 PM
Last nights result confirms fir me third place is unobtainable and the next four games will indicate if we can push for fourth

TBH, I'd be delighted if we got 4th, Ronnie.

I obviously want us to aim higher than that but, given the poor results we endured in Oct/Nov/Dec, it would be a decent achievement.

We really have to be up there for 3rd next season, though, as the income from regular European competition is gonna make a massive difference to whichever team can achieve it.

Frazerbob
01-02-2023, 03:14 PM

Every club is equal....just some are more equal than others.

BoomtownHibees
01-02-2023, 03:50 PM
Forgot about that one.

Have The Rangers had a penalty go against them after it going to VAR yet??

They’ve not had ANY against them full stop (other than in Europe funnily enough)

Ronniekirk
01-02-2023, 03:50 PM
TBH, I'd be delighted if we got 4th, Ronnie.

I obviously want us to aim higher than that but, given the poor results we endured in Oct/Nov/Dec, it would be a decent achievement.

We really have to be up there for 3rd next season, though, as the income from regular European competition is gonna make a massive difference to whichever team can achieve it.

Yep woukd take fourth now Keith ,but being a glass half empty person I am not yet convinced we have depth of squad to achieve that
It’s clear Hearts will finish third snd once again get the European riches If they use that money well in the next three transfer windows , agree we really need to be getting into the group stages of Europe .
Ron took his eye off the ball ,and listened to those telling him to go down the promising young player route , Ploughing money into a B team that has hardly played and young players ,a lot of whom we are now getting rid of
He really should if gone with trying to retain third spot and get that European money
But it’s been one disaster out decision after another going through three managers and restructuring only to have to admit we now need to restructure again
He really now needs to start getting decisions and structure right or Season tickets will not hold up and that’s the last thing we need going forward

Billy McKirdy
19-02-2023, 01:27 PM
A few weeks down the line, sane question.
Is third still on?

HarpOnHibee
19-02-2023, 01:29 PM
Of course its still on, will we be consistent enough to get 3rd? We'll soon see

Unbeaten in our last 6. 4 wins out of 6 (should have been 5).

It's happening.

B.H.F.C
19-02-2023, 01:39 PM
Not sure it ‘on’ yet but it is possible now.

Livingston away is must win with Rangers and Celtic to follow. After those two we have a decent run in to the split and that is the games that’ll dictate whether we can catch them or not.

Wilson
19-02-2023, 01:41 PM
A few weeks down the line, sane question.
Is third still on?

I'm still saying no. It could get interesting if we get a win against Livi and take something from one of our fixtures against the OF.

I believe third is hearts' to throw away. Hopefully they do!

NAE NOOKIE
19-02-2023, 01:52 PM
In reality still probably not. In the 7 fixtures remaining before the split we have Rangers home and Celtic away, whereas they only have Celtic away. They still have to come to us in the 2nd last pre split game, but as we all know that doesn't mean a lot no matter how good our form might be and how bad theirs might have gotten.

In reality the only way we could have a realistic shot is if we had made up the points difference by the split and even after that would have to go to Tynecastle and win to have a realistic shot at 3rd, so in all honesty it doesn't look all that likely no matter how much of a glass half full person you might be.

But as I said on another thread, stranger things have happened in the hurly burly world of professional football and if it was to happen it would be so hilarious given the big 'I am' that the Gorgie gunts and their apologists in the media have been spouting all season I would probably need surgery to sew my splitting sides back together :greengrin

JohnM1875
19-02-2023, 01:55 PM
We could realistically get 0 points from our next three league games, I don't think we'll end up with 0 points, but wouldn't be shocked if that's what happens.

Think if we're to challenge for third we need to beat Livi and get something from one of the old firm games.

BegbieHSC
19-02-2023, 01:58 PM
We’ve got a tough round of fixtures coming up. Ask me again after we’ve played Livi and the Huns. 4 out of 6 here, with a free hit at Celtic, then maybe.

The meltdown from Tiny would be magnificent.

LewysGot2
19-02-2023, 02:36 PM
Definitely more possible after today. Likely? Let's see...

Hibs90
19-02-2023, 02:38 PM
No.

ErinGoBraghHFC
19-02-2023, 02:39 PM
Long as we get a Spanish team in the Europa League (not conference league, we’re better than that) then I’ll be happy, already booked my holidays [emoji16] need to beat hertz and then hope they slip up again, keep consistent ourselves and it’s more than possible

19-02-2023, 02:50 PM
Still a big ask but it’s certainly not off the cards. Hearts still strong favourites obviously but they are no where near as good as they think they are.

The fact third is even still on the cards after our horrific form earlier in the season is remarkable though! Guess it just further highlights how poor the other have been as well.

Since452
19-02-2023, 04:18 PM
I don't think we'll get third. We're still in a bit of a rebuilding process with LJ and I reckon we'll still be fairly inconsistent. Incredible how close we are right now though. Hearts must be looking nervously over their shoulder.

Keith_M
19-02-2023, 04:23 PM
We're now only five points behind, so not impossible, but we'd need to keep our current good form going, and also work out how to beat Hearts.

Never say never, but I still think it's unlikely

McGruber
19-02-2023, 04:26 PM
We won't get 3rd but have put ourselves in a good position to challenge for 4th and qualify for Europe.

If some VAR calls had went differently we would be about level with Hearts as it stands now. We haven't had anything go our way on that front though - except the red yesterday but we were already on our way to the 3 points by that time

HarpOnHibee
19-02-2023, 04:27 PM
We're now only five points behind, so not impossible, but we'd to keep our current good form going, and also work out how to beat Hearts.

Never say never, but I still think it's unlikely

It's not that hard to work out how to beat them. Our problem is that we play the same way against them as we do against everybody else and even although the high pressing game works well against teams like Kilmarnock and St Mirren this season, it suits Hearts for us to play this way. They can remain very compact, wait for us to get frustrated and commit too many players forward, then ultimately catch us out on the break.

What we need to do is spread the ball around the pitch better. Hold onto position, entice Hearts to commit more players forward, then hit them on the attack when their own defence is stretched from committing more players forward.

Nutmegged
19-02-2023, 04:27 PM
Livi (a)
Rangers (h)
Celtic (a)

That's our next three games, as long as it's there to play for then it has to be on but given our next three games I don't think it's worth contemplating it until after that game at Parkhead, then we'll have a fair idea if it's doable.

After that horrid run we've put ourselves back in genuine contention for a European spot and I fear we would get unnecessarily negative if we start dreaming of leapfrogging Hearts now and end up a distance behind them in fourth.

MagicSwirlingShip
19-02-2023, 04:29 PM
Would be delighted with 4 points from the next 3 games

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2023, 04:40 PM
The next 3 games, while important, aren't our only ones. We still have 4 winnable games after that before the split, then 5 after the split.

We could lose the next 3 and still compete for 3rd. Beating Hearts at ER would be massive.

Nutmegged
19-02-2023, 04:50 PM
Livi (a)
Rangers (h)
Celtic (a)

That's our next three games, as long as it's there to play for then it has to be on but given our next three games I don't think it's worth contemplating it until after that game at Parkhead, then we'll have a fair idea if it's doable.

After that horrid run we've put ourselves back in genuine contention for a European spot and I fear we would get unnecessarily negative if we start dreaming of leapfrogging Hearts now and end up a distance behind them in fourth.

Hearts next three are

St Johnstone (h)
Celtic (a)
Aberdeen (a)

Not we've undoubtedly got a tougher run but I wouldn't say theirs is a gimme either, outside the Old Firm the Saintees have the best away record in the League, Celtic away is Celtic away and they've already lost at Pittodrie.

They could end up with 6/7pts and make this totally moot but I think there's potential for them to slip up, if we can stay on their coattails it coulr apply some real pressure on them, 3rd place is also practically guaranteed European group stage football again next season.

19-02-2023, 05:00 PM
Not only is 3rd place on but Lee Johnson will bring the league flag back to Easter Road by 2025/2026 and go on to be the best "Scottish" manager since Alex Ferguson. 😀

Iain G
19-02-2023, 05:02 PM
Not only is 3rd place on but Lee Johnson will bring the league flag back to Easter Road by 2025/2026 and go on to be the best "Scottish" manager since Alex Ferguson. 😀

Well he is half Scotch!

Jones28
19-02-2023, 05:07 PM
3 big big tests coming up, a bogey team and the arsecheeks.

If we came through with 3 points I’d take it now.

makaveli1875
19-02-2023, 05:08 PM
We need to keep winning and try and nick a point or 2 from the OF games , win the Derby and hope their bad form continues a few more weeks

one day maybe...
19-02-2023, 05:11 PM
Don’t beat Hearts then we can forget 3rd 🇳🇬

Hibbyradge
19-02-2023, 05:20 PM
We won't finish third and fourth is far from certain.

Livingston will likely win their game in hand over Dundee United to put them back in 4th. They don't have to play either Celtc or Sevco before the split so they're far be more likely to catch hertz than us.

Also, they're at home when they play us so they'll probably be favourites.

Sadly, I think 5th is more realistic now.

Unseen work
19-02-2023, 05:22 PM
Mental that relegation candidates Hibs are only 5 points behind the best ever Hearts team who are going to split the old firm

WeeRussell
19-02-2023, 05:23 PM

Livingston will likely win their game in hand over Dundee United to put them back in 4th. They don't have to play either Celtc or Sevco so they're far be more likely to catch hertz than us.

I think not getting 4th now will ultimately be a disappointment. And can at least look at the gap with hearts now albeit they’re still in a strong position. A lot more positive signs around Easter road now. And don’t wear your best sandles.

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2023, 05:34 PM

Livingston will likely win their game in hand over Dundee United to put them back in 4th. They don't have to play either Celtc or Sevco before the split so they're far be more likely to catch hertz than us.

They also have to come to Easter Road again if we're both top 6. Long way to go.

Hibbyradge
19-02-2023, 05:38 PM
I think not getting 4th now will ultimately be a disappointment. And can at least look at the gap with hearts now albeit they’re still in a strong position. A lot more positive signs around Easter road now. And don’t wear your best sandles.

Have a look at Livi's fixtures and compare them to ours. They have Dundee United twice and don't have to play either of the arse cheeks or the gunts.

Even if we beat Livi twice, which will be extremely difficult, we'll not be guaranteed to finish above them. As much as I want to finish 3rd or even 4th, I think it's better to be realistic.

That's right, sir. Sixteen years behind the bell, and proud of it, sir.

AgentDaleCooper
19-02-2023, 09:46 PM
in a way, it depends on how 'streaky' lee johnson indeed is. we're on a great wee run just now. if we lose a game and the wheels come off, then it'll look like the nickname fits. we may well lose two on the bounce against the OF, so a win against St Johnstone is a must. If we lose there, we could see ourselves facing another nasty run of form. These three games may make or break the season.

Hibernia&Alba
19-02-2023, 09:50 PM
I don't think we will get third, but the fact it's even a possibility is evidence of the dramatic turnaround of the past few weeks. I'd be very happy with fourth; in fact, top six would be fine this season. I was afraid of a relegation battle, so it's all a bonus right now.

Ronniekirk
19-02-2023, 09:56 PM

The games leading up to the split will determine that Personally think it’s probably outwith our grasp But one game at a time On paper Livingstone hsve an easier run of games than us in next seven so beating them is a must I would think

CentreForward
19-02-2023, 10:00 PM

Sadly I think you may be right.

#2 Double Tap
19-02-2023, 10:07 PM

:top marks

Spike Mandela
19-02-2023, 10:14 PM
We’ll need to stop losing key players to injury.

matty_f
19-02-2023, 10:21 PM
Spent a half hour discussing this very question for the podcast. I don’t think we’ll do it but I wouldn’t say it’s out of the question either.

We have to beat Livi in our next game, if we do that then you never know.

Donegal Hibby
19-02-2023, 10:32 PM
Well he is half Scotch!
He did say he liked a good whisky right enough 😂

B.H.F.C
19-02-2023, 10:41 PM
Spent a half hour discussing this very question for the podcast. I don’t think we’ll do it but I wouldn’t say it’s out of the question either.

We have to beat Livi in our next game, if we do that then you never know.

We must beat Livingston to have a chance. Both us and Hearts play the Old Firm on the same night following that game and (famous last words) you’d have to think were more likely to nick something at home to The Rangers than they are at Parkhead.

It’s pretty frustrating that it’s as stop start at the moment but, at the same time, it might actually help us with how stretched the squad is. It certainly did yesterday because the players there looked fresh and up for it.

All that said, Livingston game is must win for me.

matty_f
19-02-2023, 11:01 PM
We must beat Livingston to have a chance. Both us and Hearts play the Old Firm on the same night following that game and (famous last words) you’d have to think were more likely to nick something at home to The Rangers than they are at Parkhead.

It’s pretty frustrating that it’s as stop start at the moment but, at the same time, it might actually help us with how stretched the squad is. It certainly did yesterday because the players there looked fresh and up for it.

Totally agree, Livi is massive now, it’s a big “if” but if we win there then I think it’s realistic to think we could challenge.

Hibernia&Alba
19-02-2023, 11:06 PM
Totally agree, Livi is massive now, it’s a big “if” but if we win there then I think it’s realistic to think we could challenge.

Yes. Livi always give us a hard game over there, then it's back to back Old Firm. We'll need to beat Livi.

Hibbyradge
19-02-2023, 11:08 PM

If Livingston win their game in hand over Dundee United, they're ahead of us by 1 point. If we beat them, we go 2 ahead of them again. (I realise that timeline is wrong).

However, we have to play hertz, huns and sellick. They don't. I don't think we'll be able to match Livi's return for their 3 equivalent games.

tonyrougier123
20-02-2023, 12:00 AM
If Johnson can compete against the teams above us just now he might just be the man to get a tune out of this club.
Needs proper support in the market,and we need to be smarter in that department it’s now well documented that’s the case. He’s a likeable guy when results are good and fans understand what the team is trying to do in terms of tactics and selection. Definitely a slaver though I am as well so I mean that affectionately.

I’ve always said someone needs to be given ample time to build something unless our league status was severely under threat.

I think the team looks like they definitely play for them (coaching staff) so the theory doing the rounds of rifts might’ve been a wee bit off mark.
For me personally I need to see much better in big games against them and the others.
The Football wasn’t awful against them last time but the result was.
Their support will always point the finger at neilson and any opportunity to rub salt in that wound should be used time and again in the build up more by fans and by the media from a hibs point of view help stir the paranoia 😈.
Third is a stretch for me and I think as long as we keep competing in the games we should be winning I’d be happy if we make top 6 (this season)it’s very tight and a few twist and turns in mid table should be expected.

Clarence
20-02-2023, 08:30 AM
I think we are a few decent players away from it. I’d love to be proven wrong but I can’t see it. We’ll make 4th our own and then hopefully get a more settled team to challenge for 3rd next year.

Since452
20-02-2023, 08:39 AM
Third is unlikely but i'd be incredibly disappointed if we don't finish above Livingston. Whether that means fourth or not i don't know.

B.H.F.C
20-02-2023, 09:37 AM
If Livingston win their game in hand over Dundee United, they're ahead of us by 1 point. If we beat them, we go 2 ahead of them again. (I realise that timeline is wrong).

However, we have to play hertz, huns and sellick. They don't. I don't think we'll be able to match Livi's return for their 3 equivalent games.

No point in looking too far ahead for me, things rarely play out the way we all expect in multiple games. It’s getting to that point in the season where funny results will start kicking in with teams becoming desperate for results for various reasons.

Beat Livingston and I’m pretty confident we’ll finish above them. Definitely need to get the points on the board to have any hope of pushing Hearts though.

Greenworld
20-02-2023, 09:45 AM
In reality still probably not. In the 7 fixtures remaining before the split we have Rangers home and Celtic away, whereas they only have Celtic away. They still have to come to us in the 2nd last pre split game, but as we all know that doesn't mean a lot no matter how good our form might be and how bad theirs might have gotten.

In reality the only way we could have a realistic shot is if we had made up the points difference by the split and even after that would have to go to Tynecastle and win to have a realistic shot at 3rd, so in all honesty it doesn't look all that likely no matter how much of a glass half full person you might be.

But as I said on another thread, stranger things have happened in the hurly burly world of professional football and if it was to happen it would be so hilarious given the big 'I am' that the Gorgie gunts and their apologists in the media have been spouting all season I would probably need surgery to sew my splitting sides back together :greengrinNothing to fear of rangers at home ...celtic away is a different question

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Garymcl
20-02-2023, 10:04 AM
Yes it is on but like most people it’s gonna take a big effort this is where our support is really crucial we’ve got to continue to give our brilliant backing which by the way has been superb it’s crucial we don’t look to far ahead next up Livingston on the 4th at Almondvale let’s take over this ground and turn it into a home game no reason why we cant do this cmon get those tickets snapped up :flag:

04-03-2023, 08:40 PM
Yes, 3rd it still on. Hearts are favourites but we are definitely in with a decent shout. The next couple of games are tough but I still reckon we'll be a bit closer to 3rd after April Fools Day. We've got:

Rangers (h)
Celtic (a)
Motherwell (h)

They've got
Celtic (a)
Aberdeen (a)
Killie (a)

I fancy us to get something from Rangers on Wednesday, will lose to Celtic and will beat Motherwell so would guess 4 points from the 3 games (and 6 is not unrealistic). I don't think Hearts will get better than 2 points from their 3 matches and it could easily be 0. Killie are a totally different side at home. They are 6 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats (Celtic, Rangers & Livi) at home compared to 0 wins, 2 draws and 13 defeats away.

bordergreen
04-03-2023, 08:40 PM
Yeah, we are the Hibs!

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-03-2023, 08:46 PM
They're panicking like fk over the road about this 😆💚

B.H.F.C
04-03-2023, 08:53 PM
Win today gives us a chance. It was a must win where third is concerned. We now need to get to the game against Hearts with the gap as it is, at worst.

The fact we’re even talking about it shows how well we’ve done, in the league, since the game at Tynecastle. You’d have been sectioned if you’d suggested it was possible after that.

Donegal Hibby
04-03-2023, 08:59 PM
I don't think we will get third and have still a fight on our hands for the fourth spot , I'm basing this on our fixtures being harder with the top 3 yet to play.

JamesHFC
04-03-2023, 09:05 PM
The way we are playing right now it’s very possible. Ultimately it will come down to the results in the next two derbies I think. I’m happy that the next one is at Easter Road.

Whilst we play the Old Firm in the next 2 games, Hearts are away to Celtic & Aberdeen so it’s likely they won’t make much if any of a further gap on us.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-03-2023, 09:09 PM
3 of our last 4 games have been wins against the teams around us

Players must be buzzing. Attack the game midweek and keep getting points and we'll see where we are ahead of the next Derby

Jones28
04-03-2023, 09:12 PM
Today was a big test. Wednesday is a big test. Take anything from either game against the old firm and we are on.

I’m warming to Lee Johnson more than I ever thought.

Hibbyradge
04-03-2023, 09:13 PM
We won't get third and I still think 4th isn't a certainty.

Top 6 looks likely but there's a lot of football still to be played.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-03-2023, 09:18 PM
We won't get third and I still think 4th isn't a certainty.

Top 6 looks likely but there's a lot of football still to be played.

For all their "troubles", Aberdeen are only 2 points behind is albeit having played a game more

HarpOnHibee
04-03-2023, 09:19 PM
I think it's important that we keep the heid, regardless of what happens against the gruesome twosome. Character will play a huge part in where we finish this season.

Just_Jimmy
04-03-2023, 09:20 PM
Yes, 3rd it still on. Hearts are favourites but we are definitely in with a decent shout. The next couple of games are tough but I still reckon we'll be a bit closer to 3rd after April Fools Day. We've got:

Rangers (h)
Celtic (a)
Motherwell (h)

They've got
Celtic (a)
Aberdeen (a)
Killie (a)

I fancy us to get something from Rangers on Wednesday, will lose to Celtic and will beat Motherwell so would guess 4 points from the 3 games (and 6 is not unrealistic). I don't think Hearts will get better than 2 points from their 3 matches and it could easily be 0. Killie are a totally different side at home. They are 6 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats (Celtic, Rangers & Livi) at home compared to 0 wins, 2 draws and 13 defeats away.We'll get 3, maybe 4 at best. They'll beat Aberdeen and killie.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
04-03-2023, 09:26 PM
The way we are playing right now it’s very possible. Ultimately it will come down to the results in the next two derbies I think. I’m happy that the next one is at Easter Road.

Whilst we play the Old Firm in the next 2 games, Hearts are away to Celtic & Aberdeen so it’s likely they won’t make much if any of a further gap on us.

We’re going to need to beat them at ER to stand any chance.

They will lose at Parkhead on Wednesday. Our performances against Rangers have been good this season but we’re also a better team now than we were earlier in the season. We need to go in to Wednesday with confidence and look at it as a good opportunity to cur the gap. We’re playing well and TheRangers are there to be got at.

04-03-2023, 09:36 PM
We'll get 3, maybe 4 at best. They'll beat Aberdeen and killie.

No chance will they beat both Aberdeen and Killie away. They've both got decent home records and Hearts have only won away 3 times this season.

Just_Jimmy
04-03-2023, 09:39 PM
We’re going to need to beat them at ER to stand any chance.

They will lose at Parkhead on Wednesday. Our performances against Rangers have been good this season but we’re also a better team now than we were earlier in the season. We need to go in to Wednesday with confidence and look at it as a good opportunity to cur the gap. We’re playing well and TheRangers are there to be got at.Var will make sure they win.

Just_Jimmy
04-03-2023, 09:42 PM
No chance will they beat both Aberdeen and Killie away. They've both got decent home records and Hearts have only won away 3 times this season.They're better than Aberdeen and Killie so I'd say there is a chance they beat them both. I think they will.

matty_f
04-03-2023, 09:43 PM
We needed to win today to have a chance, imho. We did, and we do have a chance still.

Hearts are clearly favourites for third, and my gut feeling is that we'll come up short but I'm glad we're at least in the mix for it, given how the season looked to be panning out earlier in the season.

04-03-2023, 09:54 PM
They're better than Aberdeen and Killie so I'd say there is a chance they beat them both. I think they will.

They are better than them but drew at Rugby Park and lost at Pittodrie last time so we will see.

JamesHFC
04-03-2023, 10:14 PM
They're better than Aberdeen and Killie so I'd say there is a chance they beat them both. I think they will.

Hearts have failed to win any of their last 9 games at Pittodrie and have failed to win in 5 of their last 6 games v Killie.

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2023, 01:42 AM
Nothing much has changed after today, the next two fixtures are absolutely pivotal IMO if we fail to take anything from our Ugly sisters double header and the Yams win at Aberdeen they will be 8 points ahead of us ..... IMO we should chuck everything at Wednesday night because as things stand nobody is getting anything at Celtic park .... we would be as well to try a few experiments in that one and see if by some miracle we can pinch a draw .... I know folk don't like that attitude, but after our last game against them I simply can't see how even with our best team on the park we could get a result home or away.

One thing of interest is that Hearts play Celtic twice in three days, their fans wont expect anything at Celtic park, but they will expect them to chuck the kitchen sink at them at Tynecastle, if that game goes to extra time there are going to be a few knackered Jambos by next Saturday evening, which hopefully will have a knock on effect for the following Saturday at a venue where their record is about as woeful as ours is.

3rd is still a hell of a long shot IMO but I have to say I'm slightly chuffed we can still even talk about it :greengrin

HarpOnHibee
05-03-2023, 02:02 AM
3rd is still a hell of a long shot IMO but I have to say I'm slightly chuffed we can still even talk about it :greengrin

I still believe it's very much on and will serve as one of the biggest GIRFUYs, not only to the "OF splitters", but to the Scottish footballing media in general.

Diclonius
05-03-2023, 03:39 AM
A point in our next two games would be great. Motherwell is a must win.

Bridge hibs
05-03-2023, 04:44 AM
Hearts have failed to win any of their last 9 games at Pittodrie and have failed to win in 5 of their last 6 games v Killie.

They even failed to beat Livvy away as well as Motherwell which we managed to do, not bad considering they had 3rd all but sealed up a few weeks ago according to the media and a few jambos I know

Greenio
05-03-2023, 05:07 AM
It's very much on.

Amazing we can say that given how far off it we looked prior to Jan

Bring it on

davy67 +
05-03-2023, 06:02 AM
It's definitely on but we'll have to rely on results elsewhere going our way , it's going to depend on who does better against the ugly sisters though, we need to get a point from one of those games and hope that hertz drop points and obviously we need to get something out our games against them

Pagan Hibernia
05-03-2023, 07:23 AM
For it to be on then on top of continuing our good recent run we simply must beat hearts at Easter Road next month. Nothing less will do.

our derby record has to improve, at the moment it’s like starting most seasons with a handicap

Onion
05-03-2023, 07:31 AM
Anyone other than Heats getting 3rd place would be more of an embarrassment to the Hearts than it would be an achievement for the 3rd placed team. Hearts resources are way above any other club at the moment, while every other club has been stumbling along. And no, cannot see Hibs getting 3rd place. 4th would be an achievement at this point.

DIXIHIBS
05-03-2023, 07:41 AM
For it to be on then on top of continuing our good recent run we simply must beat hearts at Easter Road next month. Nothing less will do.

our derby record has to improve, at the moment it’s like starting most seasons with a handicap

This is it for me. We must beat them at ER which gives us all the rest of the games to catch up 2 points. Def possible but hertz are clear favourites at the moment. Something against the hun on Wednesday would help.

Just_Jimmy
05-03-2023, 08:35 AM
Hearts have failed to win any of their last 9 games at Pittodrie and have failed to win in 5 of their last 6 games v Killie.We've not beaten hearts in about 9 games. Does that mean the Derby is a foregone conclusion?

Hearts are better than both Aberdeen and killie and when it matters I think they'll win both those games.

Even if they don't, they're 5 in front of us and we play both rangers and celtic. They can win and draw twice and they'll likely take more than us in the next 3.

I'd love them to lose every game and us to win 9 points from 9, I just don't see it.

Fergus52
05-03-2023, 08:47 AM
Anyone other than Heats getting 3rd place would be more of an embarrassment to the Hearts than it would be an achievement for the 3rd placed team. Hearts resources are way above any other club at the moment, while every other club has been stumbling along. And no, cannot see Hibs getting 3rd place. 4th would be an achievement at this point.

Hearts and Aberdeen have very similar wage bills and turnovers

Callum_62
05-03-2023, 09:11 AM
I'm not sure if its on but we have a fighting chance https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230305/a4cb2977d0b830a926614c3aae559900.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
05-03-2023, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure if its on but we have a fighting chance https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230305/a4cb2977d0b830a926614c3aae559900.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

It's the next 10 that matter.

LewysGot2
05-03-2023, 09:16 AM
I'm just delighted we are in the mix. It's been a good 6 weeks.
Wednesday is a free hit. Let's take it.

B.H.F.C
05-03-2023, 09:27 AM

I think Wednesday is an opportunity for us. Obviously they will be expected to win but we know they have weaknesses. We’ve scored 4 goals in the two games against them but, particularly at Ibrox, our defending was criminal. We’re much more solid now which gives us a chance. Big test for the likes of Fish.

Youan and Tavernier is probably the key for me. Both carry the biggest attacking threat for their team. We know Tavernier will leave space so whoever comes out on top between those two will give their team a big chance of winning IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2023, 04:26 PM

Not so sure it can be classed as a 'free hit' at our best I think we are capable of beating them, though it would have to be our very best.

Celtic are so far ahead of anybody, especially at home, if any game can be classed as a free hit it's that one. Like I alluded to, analyse the crap out of how they get their goals and set up the team to stifle every avenue to goal they prefer to use ..... Hell, if it was up to me I'd chuck Daz in there along with Devlin, Stevenson and Miller .... 9 guys along the box at all times with Jeggo and Egan - Riley at the edge of the box to stop long range shots, with loads of height in the middle ... leave Youan and Hoppe or Nisbet on the half way line and just punt the ball up the park for them to chase whenever we get the chance ..... This is why I'm not a manager, we would probably get humped :greengrin

Just_Jimmy
05-03-2023, 04:29 PM
Not so sure it can be classed as a 'free hit' at our best I think we are capable of beating them, though it would have to be our very best.

Celtic are so far ahead of anybody, especially at home, if any game can be classed as a free hit it's that one. Like I alluded to, analyse the crap out of how they get their goals and set up the team to stifle every avenue to goal they prefer to use ..... Hell, if it was up to me I'd chuck Daz in there along with Devlin, Stevenson and Miller .... 9 guys along the box at all times with Jeggo and Egan - Riley at the edge of the box to stop long range shots, with loads of height in the middle ... leave Youan and Hoppe or Nisbet on the half way line and just punt the ball up the park for them to chase whenever we get the chance ..... This is why I'm not a manager, we would probably get humped :greengrinNae Nookie out! [emoji1787]

05-03-2023, 05:06 PM
We've not beaten hearts in about 9 games. Does that mean the Derby is a foregone conclusion?

Hearts are better than both Aberdeen and killie and when it matters I think they'll win both those games.

Even if they don't, they're 5 in front of us and we play both rangers and celtic. They can win and draw twice and they'll likely take more than us in the next 3.

I'd love them to lose every game and us to win 9 points from 9, I just don't see it.

Nobody is saying the derby is a foregone conclusion and nobody is saying they'll lose the next 3 and we'll win the next 3.

Just_Jimmy
05-03-2023, 05:13 PM
Nobody is saying the derby is a foregone conclusion and nobody is saying they'll lose the next 3 and we'll win the next 3.It was said that there was "no chance" they win at Aberdeen and Killie.

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2023, 05:13 PM
Nae Nookie out! [emoji1787]

I'm determined to stay and stick it out ... I can turn this team around and I've had a massive vote of confidence from the board, so there's no chance of me being sacked any time soon :greengrin

JamesHFC
05-03-2023, 05:32 PM
We've not beaten hearts in about 9 games. Does that mean the Derby is a foregone conclusion?

Of course not, I was just pointing out that they usually fail to beat the teams you say they are better than.

You think they will win both, others think they will drop points. We won’t know until the game is played, let’s hope they don’t win 👍

Just_Jimmy
05-03-2023, 06:09 PM
Of course not, I was just pointing out that they usually fail to beat the teams you say they are better than.

You think they will win both, others think they will drop points. We won’t know until the game is played, let’s hope they don’t win [emoji106]I hope they never win another game at any level, ever.

Hibees1973
05-03-2023, 06:23 PM
I still think we are a bit behind Hearts overall.

My opinion would change though if we managed to beat The Hun and The Yam in our games against them at Easter Road in the next few weeks.

CB Hibs 68
05-03-2023, 06:47 PM
I still think we are a bit behind Hearts overall.

My opinion would change though if we managed to beat The Hun and The Yam in our games against them at Easter Road in the next few weeks.

Bit behind them in what regard? They have more stability .There recruitment is better.Just watched their game against St J and frankly how they won 3 - 0 is a mystery. We are definitely behind them in terms of luck.Can’t wait to play them at E R

PHeffernan
05-03-2023, 06:50 PM
Hibs need to beat all the duffers and Aberdeen plus take at least 4 points out of the 6 available in the remaining two derbies to have any chance of taking 3rd.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-03-2023, 06:55 PM
Lets see where we are after next two games before getting carried away, if we haven't been overtaken, and haven't lost any ground on Hearts then it will certainly be a possibility.

JohnM1875
05-03-2023, 07:39 PM
Honestly think if we take 0 points out of the next two then third is gone.

05-03-2023, 07:45 PM
Honestly think if we take 0 points out of the next two then third is gone.

Nah.

JohnM1875
05-03-2023, 09:24 PM
Nah.

Well, three out of our next three then.

If we lose both games against the uglies we need to beat Motherwell at home and then probably win one and draw one of the remaining two derbies.

I'd be chuffed with fourth if I'm honest. Didn't think Europe was even on the cards a while back.

JamesHFC
01-04-2023, 05:22 PM

Yet another defeat at Killie & Aberdeen. Missed opportunity today but at least we come out of the last 3 games still within 5 points of 3rd. Big game next week.

LewysGot2
01-04-2023, 05:24 PM
Aberdeen are going to finish third...

Trinity Hibee
01-04-2023, 05:43 PM
3rd is over for us. 8 games left (6 if you discount OF games). We had to win to have a chance and we didn’t. Can only hope Aberdeen beat hearts to 3rd now

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-04-2023, 05:47 PM
It's there for which ever team wants it. The Sheep still have to play the Huns pre split, however both Hibs and Hearts are making the best of ballsing it up.

Smartie
01-04-2023, 06:35 PM
As pish as we were today, we’ve still got the odd good performance in us.

We’d be a nightmare side to be betting on or against as we’re capable of almost anything against anyone.

Talk of 3rd was probably ott but getting 4th from a season when we’ve been as poor as we’ve been on so many occasions would be a decent outcome.

Wheat Hound
01-04-2023, 06:43 PM
I dont see us accruing 5 more points than the sheep or 6 more than Hearts in the 8 games left. At best we get 5th and one or maybe 2 Euro games but even in a top 6 with 2 games V the OF, trips to Pittodrie and Tynecastle, I struggle to see us getting many points. Today was utterly grim and dents my confidence in this team profoundly.

Tyler Durden
01-04-2023, 06:48 PM
We’ll look back on todays game and home games vs Ross County, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd, where we’ve taken 1 point overall.

That’s what has cost us. Win 2 of those games and we’d be sitting third

Players that collectively lack bottle and genuine will to win.

B.H.F.C
01-04-2023, 06:48 PM
Points wise, it’s still possible.

But we’re not good enough. The fact we are still in with some kind of chance says more about the overall quality of the league than it does us.

Frustrating as it’s a transformational amount of money, although the current lot would likely waste it all anyway. And forgetting that, it would just be brilliant having a run of European games to look forward to.

B.H.F.C
01-04-2023, 06:50 PM
We’ll look back on todays game and home games vs Ross County, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd, where we’ve taken 1 point overall.

It’s just a bit of a nothing team. Lack of ability but also a lack of character. Too many bang average players who probably know we’ll be the best they do in their career.

Trinity Hibee
01-04-2023, 06:56 PM

Bang on. Too many games against poor teams where points have been dropped.

GreenGray
01-04-2023, 08:31 PM
The only thing that gives me any hope is how inconsistent the teams around us are, it’s clear how quickly you can go from challenging for 3rd to not in the conversation (we have shown that)

We will need to go on a winning run to be in contention though and quite frankly I don’t see that happening

Jim44
02-04-2023, 12:03 AM
We don’t have the remotest chance of anything better than 6th place. And if we manage that we are cannon fodder. Simply not good enough.

matty_f
02-04-2023, 12:09 AM
I thought if we could get to the split within a couple of points of third, which we’d have done with a win v Motherwell, we’d have a chance.

That’s still possible but it’s out of the question if we pay like that again. The performance didn’t warrant a top six finish, never mind third.

WhileTheChief..
02-04-2023, 07:44 AM
We don’t have the remotest chance of anything better than 6th place. And if we manage that we are cannon fodder. Simply not good enough.

I'll be surprised if we make the top 6.

Other than an extra few quid for finishing higher, it makes no difference. We'd be out of Europe in the blink of an eye anyways.

It's been a crap season, and whether we finish 4th or 7th won't disguise that.

Expecting more of the same next season.

danhibees1875
02-04-2023, 08:11 AM
No.
Can’t see where the next point will come from.

Saturday, along with 2 more. :aok:

Brightside
02-04-2023, 08:17 AM
Top 6 will be a result.

Donegal Hibby
02-04-2023, 08:30 AM
I thought if we could get to the split within a couple of points of third, which we’d have done with a win v Motherwell, we’d have a chance.

That’s still possible but it’s out of the question if we pay like that again. The performance didn’t warrant a top six finish, never mind third.
I didn't think third place was on though your right if we had won yesterday we would have been in a good position. It was a absolutely shocking performance , you'd never think that was the same team that went to parkhead a couple of weeks ago!.

If we play like that again we won't make top six though I'm hoping we see a positive reaction against Dundee Utd and Youan will be back as well who we badly missed yesterday. We have 3 games left before the split that we have to win now Dundee Utd (a) , hertz (h) , st Johnstone (a) easier said than done though if we can it would put us back into the mix again.

Keith_M
02-04-2023, 08:41 AM
We still have a chance of finishing fourth, but only if we up our game and Hearts continue on their losing streak.

It's ridiculous, considering their 5-0 and 6-0 defeats, that Aberdeen now look a good bet to finish above both Hearts and Hibs.

Trinity Hibee
02-04-2023, 09:04 AM
We still have a chance of finishing fourth, bu only if we up our game and Hearts continue on their losing streak.

It's ridiculous, considering their 5-0 and 6-0 defeats, that Aberdeen now look a good bet to finish above both Hearts and Hibs.

It is. What does it say about the worth of a manager? Barry Robson hasn’t managed before as far as I know yet has galvanised Aberdeen who hardly have a fantastic squad to overtake us and come within a point of hearts. It’s almost as if you get a team to do the basics well you’ll do pretty well in this league. I’m still not convinced LJ knows how to play this league.

marinello59
02-04-2023, 09:15 AM
Saturday, along with 2 more. :aok:

That would be great. And if we can get another three on the Sunday we will be right back in it. :greengrin

Eyrie
02-04-2023, 09:20 AM
That would great. And if we can get another three on the Sunday we will be right back in it. :greengrin

Does that make the Dundee United game a six pointer?

:wink:

Stuart93
02-04-2023, 09:47 AM
Hearts will be rubbing their hands at playing us in a couple weeks time for a wee ego boost whilst we roll over to them again

MWHIBBIES
02-04-2023, 09:48 AM
Hearts will be rubbing their hands at playing us in a couple weeks time for a wee ego boost whilst we roll over to them again

Indeed. On a cracking run themselves. I'm terrified.

Stuart93
02-04-2023, 10:02 AM

Well, based on previous games this season, I’m not exactly looking forward to it.

I am looking forward though to the replies saying “when do you ever look forward to a game”…in which my response would then be, rarely

JohnM1875
02-04-2023, 10:22 AM
Absolutely no chance of third now. No way are we bettering both Hearts and Aberdeen's results over the remaining games. Have to play them both away if we make top six as well.

Yesterday's result totally ****ed us. Really really poor performance.

One Day Soon
02-04-2023, 10:23 AM
Well, based on previous games this season, I’m not exactly looking forward to it.

I am looking forward though to the replies saying “when do you ever look forward to a game”…in which my response would then be, rarely

Indeed. We can rarely, if ever, go into a derby full of confidence and it's certainly hard to see why we should be confident about this one after yesterday's performance. They always seem way more up for it than us and given our last two games against them I would be entirely unsurprised to lose this one too, even at home. We carry so many journeymen players and what little even remotely high quality we have is spread paper thin in this weak as **** squad.

Is It On....
02-04-2023, 10:51 AM
It is. What does it say about the worth of a manager? Barry Robson hasn’t managed before as far as I know yet has galvanised Aberdeen who hardly have a fantastic squad to overtake us and come within a point of hearts. It’s almost as if you get a team to do the basics well you’ll do pretty well in this league. I’m still not convinced LJ knows how to play this league.

Top 6 would give us money to pay for LJs summer exit as he is someone who, in my opinion, isn't good enough.

Lago
02-04-2023, 11:00 AM

Other than an extra few quid for finishing higher, it makes no difference. We'd be out of Europe in the blink of an eye anyways.

Pretty much describes my thoughts, shame really as you always hope and expect better.

He's here!
02-04-2023, 11:07 AM

Missing out on the top six would also spare us a trip to Tynecastle. Hearts are hardly showing themselves to be anything other than woeful, but facing Hibs tends to give them a lift.

B.H.F.C
02-04-2023, 11:28 AM
Missing out on the top six would also spare us a trip to Tynecastle. Hearts are hardly showing themselves to be anything other than woeful, but facing Hibs tends to give them a lift.

Is finishing bottom six preferable to you than having to go to Tynecastle?

Hibernia&Alba
02-04-2023, 11:40 AM

The difference is they always seem to want to win the derby more than we do. Not matter how pish they are, come derby day they are ready.

JamesHFC
02-04-2023, 11:43 AM
Top 6 will be a result.

Beat Dundee Utd next week and top 6 should be in the bag. Livi are in abysmal form.

He's here!
02-04-2023, 11:46 AM
Beat Dundee Utd next week and top 6 should be in the bag. Livi are in abysmal form.

We seem to have reverted to abysmal form too.

He's here!
02-04-2023, 11:49 AM
Is finishing bottom six preferable to you than having to go to Tynecastle?

We would almost certainly lose there so yeh, I could live without it.

TBH I've always hated the split. I see no need for it and the difference between finishing 6th or 7th seems inconsequential. It's a forgettable season either way.

JamesHFC
02-04-2023, 11:52 AM
We seem to have reverted to abysmal form too.

We lost against the two best sides in the league, albeit yesterday was bad. Still confident we will gain more points than both Livi & St Mirren in the next 3 games.

B.H.F.C
02-04-2023, 12:04 PM
We would almost certainly lose there so yeh, I could live without it.

TBH I've always hated the split. I see no need for it and the difference between finishing 6th or 7th seems inconsequential. It's a forgettable season either way.

Finishing as low as fifth gets you Europe.

I don’t think we’re a good side whatsoever. But I’d rather not be a good side finishing in a European place than not be a good side finishing in a non-European place.

There is still loads to play for and I’d rather we end up slightly less ***** than the rest of the *****. Chuck in the fact finishing in the top six will make us a few extra quid then I don’t really see how finishing outside of it can be in any way more positive (although given your posting history I wouldn’t expect you to say much differently to what you have.).

He's here!
02-04-2023, 12:24 PM
We lost against the two best sides in the league, albeit yesterday was bad. Still confident we will gain more points than both Livi & St Mirren in the next 3 games.

What do you base that confidence on? Our form so far this season indicates that when we revert to abysmal we stay there for a good few games. It would hardly be a shock if we succumb to a grim 1-0 defeat at Tannadice then lose the derby.

Hopefully you're right tho.

WhileTheChief..
02-04-2023, 12:30 PM
There's been decent crowds at ER most games this season, that used to count as the fans backing the team. Now that's not good enough?

You think belting out "Ooh to be a Hibby" as we get skelped at home by another bottom 6 side is going to turn things around? Really??

Northernhibee
02-04-2023, 12:30 PM
It’s on, but we can’t afford any mistakes from here.

Ronniekirk
04-04-2023, 02:40 PM
We Need to win the next three games before the split and Hope other results go for us At that point we will get a better idea if it’s still possible But play like we did on Saturday and we have no chance

Stubbsy90+2
04-04-2023, 03:26 PM
We Need to win the next three games before the split and Hope other results go for us At that point we will get a better idea if it’s still possible But play like we did on Saturday and we have no chance

I reckon it’s a complete lottery for top 6 now. St Mirren have the hardest fixtures but they have the advantage already, Livi have the easiest fixtures but they’ve got the most chasing to do and we’re in the middle. I think everyone’s got as good a chance as each other.

bingo70
04-04-2023, 04:02 PM
I reckon it’s a complete lottery for top 6 now. St Mirren have the hardest fixtures but they have the advantage already, Livi have the easiest fixtures but they’ve got the most chasing to do and we’re in the middle. I think everyone’s got as good a chance as each other.

St Mirren also have the easiest fixture on the last game before the split. You’d assume they will beat Killie at home so we have the next two games to overtake them really for fifth place.

We really need to be winning on Sunday.

Tambo
04-04-2023, 04:07 PM

The only thing going in other teams favours is both aberdeen and St Mirren both have to play the Huns.

This weekend and next weeks Derby will be the key dates, aberdeen look to be in good from and I think they will beat Kilmarnock and Hearts should win but they ain't in very good form and St mirren very capable of a result.

Anyway in other words we just need to win our last 3 remaining games 😃

Salisbury Hibby
04-04-2023, 06:47 PM
We don’t have the remotest chance of anything better than 6th place. And if we manage that we are cannon fodder. Simply not good enough.That's the spirit.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Salisbury Hibby
04-04-2023, 06:48 PM
Hearts will be rubbing their hands at playing us in a couple weeks time for a wee ego boost whilst we roll over to them againSod Hearts.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
07-04-2023, 08:33 PM
Reading the article on Hibs website -

Hoppe says..

“Everyone wants to move forwards with the common goal of finishing in the top six; that’s the main goal.

What is this all about ? No wonder we didn’t turn up last week when it mattered.