PDA

View Full Version : Ok Hibs, you have known these transfers would happen, what is the plan now ?

zero-seven
26-01-2023, 05:43 PM
So very tired of this BS. Mr Kensell WTF is happening to my club ? You have known this may happen for months now, with no strategy to counter these movements.

2 important players out and for gods sake no more journeymen in to fill gaps, your last transfer window...how did that work for you ?

get it sorted, where's Rod ?

Smartie
26-01-2023, 05:44 PM
The next week will tell us a lot about where Hibs are at right now.

makaveli1875
26-01-2023, 05:45 PM
Couple of loans from the English lower leagues should soften the blow

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2023, 05:50 PM
Ron Gordon's message to the fans.
https://www.facebook.com/Coffee.Expert.Secrets/videos/3190732401166000

26-01-2023, 05:53 PM
So very tired of this BS. Mr Kensell WTF is happening to my club ? You have known this may happen for months now, with no strategy to counter these movements.

2 important players out and for gods sake no more journeymen in to fill gaps, your last transfer window...how did that work for you ?

get it sorted, where's Rod ?

What's you're source?

Spike Mandela
26-01-2023, 05:58 PM
Lee Johnson said he'd rather get rid of 10 average players and sign one quality player.

He wd obviously rather have kept Porteous and Nisbet but we might see one or two decent players in.

BoomtownHibees
26-01-2023, 06:05 PM
where's Rod ?

At the SFA

26-01-2023, 06:11 PM
Lee Johnson said he'd rather get rid of 10 average players and sign one quality player.

He wd obviously rather have kept Porteous and Nisbet but we might see one or two decent players in.

:agree:

He said that's what he wanted to do and now we're in course of doing it and some people's @rses are collapsing at not even fringe players like Mitchell being moved on.

ErinGoBraghHFC
26-01-2023, 06:20 PM

He said that's what he wanted to do and now we're in course of doing it and some people's @rses are collapsing at not even fringe players like Mitchell being moved on.

Thing is, Mitchell isn’t a bad player. He’s just an ******** by all accounts. If he could have stayed fit we could’ve been doing with him this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stubbsy90+2
26-01-2023, 06:21 PM

Or they’re collapsing at the thought of Porteous and Nisbet leaving.

I’m sure you don’t actually need to be told that though.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2023, 06:32 PM
Survive until the summer, appoint a Director of Football and pray he's a miracle worker.

lyonhibs
26-01-2023, 07:30 PM
The notion that there's a plan in place to scout and do the legwork in advance on vaguely adequate replacements for Porto and Nesbit is giving the Sommelier and his shower of charlatans more credit than they're due.

The annual game of desperately scrabbling around for 6 month loans is, I fear, probably upon us

Leith Green
26-01-2023, 07:33 PM
Scary when you actually realise that there are still a good 6 or 7 players in that first team squad we need to move on if we are going to improve

B.H.F.C
26-01-2023, 07:34 PM

I don’t think anybody really expected we’d be selling Nisbet in this window. That changes a hell of a lot IMO.

26-01-2023, 07:39 PM
Or they’re collapsing at the thought of Porteous and Nisbet leaving.

I’m sure you don’t actually need to be told that though.

I'm talking about posts like Mitchell going being the final straw and us moving on players being panic cost cutting.

One Day Soon
26-01-2023, 07:41 PM
I don’t think anybody really expected we’d be selling Nisbet in this window. That changes a hell of a lot IMO.

I did and received at least one smart arsed comment for posting the suggestion a week or two ago. I suspect we are again into the game our Execs like to play which is the football squad building equivalent of putting on a blindfold and trying to drive a car.

26-01-2023, 07:51 PM

I get that but it's hardly a surprise. He's scored 7 in 7 so that's obviously caught other clubs' attention and we know he wants a move. I just think insisting he stays if he's dead set on going would be a mistake.

I get the concern about bringing enough quality, I'm not confident we will either.

Big_Franck
26-01-2023, 07:55 PM
There's absolutely no chance we've been properly scouting appropriate replacements for these key players that we had a fair chance (at least) of losing in January. Our recruitment is pathetic.

They'll be scrambling around, *****ing themselves and we'll sign absolute duds. We all know it.

Green_one
26-01-2023, 08:07 PM
As Captain Blackadder would say

There's a plan????

Sadly we are about to confirm that on Saturday ,

Allyg69
26-01-2023, 08:08 PM
We are losing 2 decent scottish players that are far from irreplaceable. For the money we are bringing in it opens up the possibility of getting good replacements who have a bit experience and are up for the fight. I may be wrong but surely there is some sort of plan in place

Alfred E Newman
26-01-2023, 08:10 PM
Where’s Baldrick when you need him?

lyonhibs
26-01-2023, 08:15 PM
There's absolutely no chance we've been properly scouting appropriate replacements for these key players that we had a fair chance (at least) of losing in January. Our recruitment is pathetic.

They'll be scrambling around, *****ing themselves and we'll sign absolute duds. We all know it.

Your last paragraph could apply to nearly every January since the window was introduced tbf. As has been said various times, the root problems at Hibs are repeating, not uniquely linked to the current shower.

Just_Jimmy
26-01-2023, 08:17 PM
We are losing 2 decent scottish players that are far from irreplaceable. For the money we are bringing in it opens up the possibility of getting good replacements who have a bit experience and are up for the fight. I may be wrong but surely there is some sort of plan in placeWe've had more competent people in charge before and we've tried and failed to bring in replacements for good players almost everytime.

Why do you think that we'd succeed with this gang of impostors in charge?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Allyg69
26-01-2023, 08:17 PM

He's feeding Graham the slug.

Hibees1973
26-01-2023, 08:24 PM

He's in hospitality making the coffee.

CB Hibs 68
26-01-2023, 08:30 PM
The notion that there's a plan in place to scout and do the legwork in advance on vaguely adequate replacements for Porto and Nesbit is giving the Sommelier and his shower of charlatans more credit than they're due.

The annual game of desperately scrabbling around for 6 month loans is, I fear, probably upon us.Yup on the nail,.At the moment we are just reacting to stuff that should have been foreseen.I will be gobsmacked if we have a plan .Seriously worried about Hibs.

James70
26-01-2023, 08:40 PM
I think we are planning on spending big for a serious challenge on winning the Championship next season😕

McGruber
26-01-2023, 08:41 PM

Lee Johnson also said Nohan Kenneh was one of the most promising young players in the UK and a real coup. He said Jair Tavares was not only a real coup that we were very lucky to get and would be one of the top players in the league. He said Demitri Mitchell was exactly the type of player we need and wants to bring to the club, razor sharp.
He said Ian Gordon Jnr is one of the best in the business.

And of course also said we would come out of the transfer window stronger.

It might just be Lee Johnson talks a lot of *****

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2023, 09:58 PM
I'm not suggesting that now is the best time to be losing Porteous or Nisbet. But we have played half the season without Nizzy already and Porteous for all his promise has been part of a defence that has been shipping goals like they were going out of fashion and that's a fact.

As for Mitchell, Exeter must have signed him to give their physios some real life practice, I can't believe we even got a fee for him :faf:

If reports are accurate we will get 2.4 million for Nisbet and 400K for Porteous, chuck in 50K for Mitchell and that's a fair wedge. I see another report is on the go that Doig is now a target for several clubs and 9 million is being talked about, what would that give us, another 400K or something? If he is sold of course.

We now have three options:

1) Try to use some of that money now and bring in a centre half and a striker ... where from F knows and time is getting short.

2) Take a punt that the likes of Fish, Hanlon and even McGregor along with McKirdy and Laidlaw can see us finish the season no lower than 10th and see where we are when the summer window opens, in the hope that at the very least Laidlaw will come good and make the need for signing more than one striker less urgent and we have Boyle, Magennis and Rocky back in training along with a decent war chest to sign the sort of players we should have been signing before this season started.

3) Do sod all and use the money to negate a loss in ST revenue and a season without a cup run or European football and plug the gaps with yet more punts and loan players.

Sign a couple of players the fans approve of under option one and folk might be ok with it. Try option two and get away with it and you might have a chance of three or 4 players in the summer the fans might actually get a bit excited about to add to Boyle and we sell more ST's than we thought on the back of it. Option three will be a massive sign of a club utterly out of steam and an owner who needs to sell up as soon as possible.

Interesting times ... for all the wrong reasons unfortunately.

26-01-2023, 10:03 PM
I'm not suggesting that now is the best time to be losing Porteous or Nisbet. But we have played half the season without Nizzy already and Porteous for all his promise has been part of a defence that has been shipping goals like they were going out of fashion and that's a fact.

As for Mitchell, Exeter must have signed him to give their physios some real life practice, I can't believe we even got a fee for him :faf:

If reports are accurate we will get 2.4 million for Nisbet and 400K for Porteous, chuck in 50K for Mitchell and that's a fair wedge. I see another report is on the go that Doig is now a target for several clubs and 9 million is being talked about, what would that give us, another 400K or something? If he is sold of course.

1) Try to use some of that money now and bring in a centre half and a striker ... where from F knows and time is getting short.

2) Take a punt that the likes of Fish, Hanlon and even McGregor along with McKirdy and Laidlaw can see us finish the season no lower than 10th and see where we are when the summer window opens, in the hope that at the very least Laidlaw will come good and make the need for signing more than one striker less urgent and we have Boyle, Magennis and Rocky back in training along with a decent war chest to sign the sort of players we should have been signing before this season started.

3) Do sod all and use the money to negate a loss in ST revenue and a season without a cup run or European football and plug the gaps with yet more punts and loan players.

Sign a couple of players the fans approve of under option one and folk might be ok with it. Try option two and get away with it and you might have a chance of three or 4 players in the summer the fans might actually get a bit excited about to add to Boyle and we sell more ST's than we thought on the back of it. Option three will be a massive sign of a club utterly out of steam and an owner who needs to sell up as soon as possible.

Newspaper report I read said it would be a 7 figure sum we'd get for Doig. £400k is only 4.5%

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2023, 10:07 PM
Newspaper report I read said it would be a 7 figure sum we'd get for Doig. £400k is only 4.5%

I plucked my guess totally out of thin air mate just so I would have a figure to add to the others. A million quid plus would be great if that's what we're talking about. Of course none of that matters a rats arse unless the vast majority of whatever cash we bring in is spent on some 'decent' players.

McSwanky
26-01-2023, 10:08 PM

The annual game of desperately scrabbling around for 6 month loans is, I fear, probably upon usI've seen this 'Sommelier' chat a few times now, and I don't get it. Who/what does it refer to?

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

26-01-2023, 10:11 PM
I plucked my guess totally out of thin air mate just so I would have a figure to add to the others. A million quid plus would be great if that's what we're talking about. Of course none of that matters a rats arse unless the vast majority of whatever cash we bring in is spent on some 'decent' players.

Can't argue with that. Here's hoping.

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2023, 10:12 PM
I've seen this 'Sommelier' chat a few times now, and I don't get it. Who/what does it refer to?

AFAIK someone who buys and sells wine mate, which apparently was Ian Gordon's last gig and what makes him singularly ideal to identify outrageous footballing talent.

McSwanky
26-01-2023, 10:22 PM
AFAIK someone who buys and sells wine mate, which apparently was Ian Gordon's last gig and what makes him singularly ideal to identify outrageous footballing talent.Ah. OK. Cracking piece of banter, that [emoji52]

McGruber
26-01-2023, 10:29 PM

Main worry about Nisbet is yes he was out for half a season but in that time we had Boyle's goals. There's no reliable goalscorer now for the 1st time this season - unless of course we bring someone in

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2023, 11:00 PM
Main worry about Nisbet is yes he was out for half a season but in that time we had Boyle's goals. There's no reliable goalscorer now for the 1st time this season - unless of course we bring someone in

Dunno ..... I've never seen Ethan Laidlaw play that I can recall ( maybe a cameo in a friendly? ) but there's something about the guys name that floats my boat, it just sounds like a player from back in the day you hear older fans talk about with misty eyed fondness ... like Bobby Johnstone or Lawrie Reilly .... I can see wee kids in 40 years time glazing over as their grandads witter on again about Ethan bloody Laidlaw.

Last Minute Reilly ..... Lash it in Laidlaw.

Hows that for straw clutching :greengrin

Is It On....
26-01-2023, 11:13 PM
AFAIK someone who buys and sells wine mate, which apparently was Ian Gordon's last gig and what makes him singularly ideal to identify outrageous footballing talent.

We scouted the world to replace Mathie and, as the farsighted club we are, didn't restrict it to people with actual experience of doing the job 👍

zero-seven
26-01-2023, 11:24 PM
Lee Johnson also said Nohan Kenneh was one of the most promising young players in the UK and a real coup. He said Jair Tavares was not only a real coup that we were very lucky to get and would be one of the top players in the league. He said Demitri Mitchell was exactly the type of player we need and wants to bring to the club, razor sharp.
He said Ian Gordon Jnr is one of the best in the business.

And of course also said we would come out of the transfer window stronger.

It might just be Lee Johnson talks a lot of *****

i concur, aint got a scooby

26-01-2023, 11:31 PM
Dunno ..... I've never seen Ethan Laidlaw play that I can recall ( maybe a cameo in a friendly? ) but there's something about the guys name that floats my boat, it just sounds like a player from back in the day you hear older fans talk about with misty eyed fondness ... like Bobby Johnstone or Lawrie Reilly .... I can see wee kids in 40 years time glazing over as their grandads witter on again about Ethan bloody Laidlaw.

Straw Clutching? What position does he play? 😀

McGruber
27-01-2023, 03:24 AM

It's pretty good to be fair... okay, I'm in 😃

xyz23jc
27-01-2023, 08:38 AM

Injured again! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2023, 09:03 AM
I'm talking about posts like Mitchell going being the final straw and us moving on players being panic cost cutting.

I think you were 100% wooshed there matey.:greengrin

27-01-2023, 02:47 PM
I think you were 100% wooshed there matey.:greengrin

Yeah, maybe. A bit of pretend "toys oot the pram" hidden in amongst the real stuff. 😀

aberhibsfc
27-01-2023, 04:00 PM
Think we jumped the gun moving Melkerson out.

greenlex
27-01-2023, 04:17 PM
I suspect the recruitment team have been sitting on their ***** doing nothing just waiting for the window to shut so they can do even less and maybe get a wee holiday in.

Iain G
27-01-2023, 04:24 PM
I suspect the recruitment team have been sitting on their ***** doing nothing just waiting for the window to shut so they can do even less and maybe get a wee holiday in.

Uh huh, of course they are :na na:

H18 SFR
27-01-2023, 07:38 PM
Really hoping all this is going to be a blessing in disguise and we blood in 4 or 5 youngsters that flourish.

LewysGot2
27-01-2023, 07:42 PM
Does the window "slam shut" on Tuesday night? Could be interesting with us playing a game at the time Jim White is slavering pish...

lyonhibs
27-01-2023, 09:09 PM
Really hoping all this is going to be a blessing in disguise and we blood in 4 or 5 youngsters that flourish.

Ditto. Youth team are doing really well, could it be time to party like it's 02/03 and trust in youth?

JimBHibees
27-01-2023, 09:10 PM
Ah. OK. Cracking piece of banter, that [emoji52]

:greengrin

Hibees1973
27-01-2023, 09:18 PM
Ditto. Youth team are doing really well, could it be time to party like it's 02/03 and trust in youth?

100%.

Much as things are a complete shambles a few duds have been shipped out, which is a positive.

Going to be a struggle tomorrow, but that is no different to the whole season so far.

I abhor the Gordon's and what they have done to the club. However, I feel a bit refreshed if the likes of Laidlaw and a few other of our young players are involved tomorrow.

I'm happy to cut these guys a bit slack compared to some of the other imposters signed by Ron's son.

Allant1981
28-01-2023, 07:13 AM

A sommelier doesn't really sell wine, they are wine experts!

WeeRussell
28-01-2023, 08:03 AM

Ron the Con, and Ian the Connoisseur?

Oscar T Grouch
28-01-2023, 08:09 AM

Yep you’d find a sommelier in a restaurant recommending a good wine to go with the food you ordered. If you deal in or sell wine you’d be a vintner.

heid the baw
28-01-2023, 08:13 AM
Think we jumped the gun moving Melkerson out.

Definitely, it will be very interesting to see how he does in Rotterdam.
I liked him as a player. Decent movement off the ball with very little service

Since452
28-01-2023, 08:36 AM
I know it's different circumstances but this reminds me of when Bobby Williamson had to move on the high earnerners and was left with kids. They went on to do fairly well! Obviously not saying our young players now are as good as the golden generation but it certainly gives a few of them an opportunity to feature more in the first team.