PDA

View Full Version : Implode

zitelli62
25-01-2023, 10:32 PM
Not Itk or anything like that but is our club imploding, what is going on not a word from anyone senior at hibs to let us know what is happening not a word from anyone even attached to the club this seems to be a shambles what is happening this is getting serious.
Think I will go and wash my hands of hibs t shirt might need it soon.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2023, 10:45 PM
What does implode mean for football club?

zitelli62
25-01-2023, 10:48 PM

Think it means the club is f****d.

Vault Boy
25-01-2023, 10:50 PM
Think it means the club is f****d.

Succinct, I like it.

25-01-2023, 10:50 PM
Not Itk or anything like that but is our club imploding, what is going on not a word from anyone senior at hibs to let us know what is happening not a word from anyone even attached to the club this seems to be a shambles what is happening this is getting serious.
Think I will go and wash my hands of hibs t shirt might need it soon.

We got something 2 weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/_5NSrEmU61E

JohnM1875
25-01-2023, 10:59 PM
The OP will probably get a bit of stick from a few for this kind of thread, but what kind of threads are folk expecting right now? Since finishing third we've been on a constant decline.

Poor recruitment on field (take your pick) and off field (Ian Gordan et al) and a whole host of just bizarre at best decisions. We've been described as a 'basket case' club by a few recently, that seems generous!

Aye, I'm sure RG is a great businessman and has considerable wealth, that doesn't mean you're a good football club owner. Just look at Ashley for that evidence.

We're a ****ing shambles right now and think an implosion sums it up well, destruction from within.

zitelli62
25-01-2023, 11:05 PM
The OP will probably get a bit of stick from a few for this kind of thread, but what kind of threads are folk expecting right now? Since finishing third we've been on a constant decline.

Poor recruitment on field (take your pick) and off field (Ian Gordan et al) and a whole host of just bizarre at best decisions. We've been described as a 'basket case' club by a few recently, that seems generous!

Aye, I'm sure RG is a great businessman and has considerable wealth, that doesn't mean you're a good football club owner. Just look at Ashley for that evidence.

We're a ****ing shambles right now and think an implosion sums it up well, destruction from within.

Cheers for that I'm only concerned for my our club everything seems to be going up in the air and not a word from the club are we in the s**t or is something happening behind the scenes that we don't know about please let us know.

Gatecrasher
26-01-2023, 06:05 AM
I think there's a fair few folk wondering the same thing tbh, the club is in turmoil and with an absent owner and an inept chief executive we aren't getting any answers or reassurance.

ehf
26-01-2023, 06:09 AM

An insolvency event.

NC1875
26-01-2023, 06:25 AM
We are a shambles and the fans are being taken for mugs.

We have a terrible squad and are selling our 2 best players.
We’re over 3 weeks into the transfer window and we’ve brought in one player.
No one has heard a peep from our owner for months, the same owner who spun us a load of ***** about being the 3rd force in Scottish football.

Maybe he meant the 3rd worst.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2023, 06:30 AM
An insolvency event.

I see.

Well, we're not going to see one at Hibs.

ehf
26-01-2023, 06:58 AM
I see.

Well, we're not going to see one at Hibs.

That’s where we’re heading as things currently stand, imo.

CropleyWasGod
26-01-2023, 07:04 AM

What makes you think that?

Pretty Boy
26-01-2023, 07:26 AM
Like so many others this thread will split into two camps, those who place the blame for the current situation at the door of the owner and those he appointed and those who don't.

There are a few posts drawing parallels between the situation at Hibs with that at Aberdeen. There are certainly similarities, the big difference seems to be the position of the fans. I have a lot of Aberdeen supporting friends from my time living up there and that group are unanimously 'Cormack out'. There is now a coordinated campaign starting among some of their supporters clubs to start boycotting games (away games initially I believe) and you'll be hard pushed to find any online presence from someone defending Cormack. I don't get that impression at Hibs. For all the noise that would suggest otherwise my impression is there is still a clear majority of Hibs fans who either absolutely buy into Gordon or at the very least don't want to/see the point in actively criticising him.

I accept that the announcement of a Director of Football is a broadly positive step, in theory. The reality is that the same people who dismantled the previous, modern football structure and replaced it with an outdated CEO and manager led model, the same people who appointed Maloney and the same people who appointed Johnson will be doing the appointing of a DoF. When all is said and done a DoF is an employee, they are in place to implement a strategy rather than to create one. If we insist on persisting with the current strategy in place then we may well unearth another couple of players who make us a bit money but we will be stuck in this perpetual cycle of mediocrity or worse whilst lacking any real balance or identity. The aforementioned Aberdeen fans went through a similar process not so long ago when their football department was 'restructured' and new bodies were put in place. It didn't change much (although I suppose making you even worse is a change of sorts).

I'm at a loss as to where we are headed. I don't particularly fear any kind of insolvency but I do fear complete disdain or disinterest from the owner. I'm not sure he has the desire, or indeed the means, to pump any serious money into Hibs and it must surely be dawning on him by now that he isn't the exception to the rule that making money from Scottish football (by honest means) doesn't happen. I would say strap yourself in for the ride but a roller coaster suggests excitement, I think we are in for a continuation of bland, soulless mediocrity.

GreenPJ
26-01-2023, 07:54 AM
Like so many others this thread will split into two camps, those who place the blame for the current situation at the door of the owner and those he appointed and those who don't.

There are a few posts drawing parallels between the situation at Hibs with that at Aberdeen. There are certainly similarities, the big difference seems to be the position of the fans. I have a lot of Aberdeen supporting friends from my time living up there and that group are unanimously 'Cormack out'. There is now a coordinated campaign starting among some of their supporters clubs to start boycotting games (away games initially I believe) and you'll be hard pushed to find any online presence from someone defending Cormack. I don't get that impression at Hibs. For all the noise that would suggest otherwise my impression is there is still a clear majority of Hibs fans who either absolutely buy into Gordon or at the very least don't want to/see the point in actively criticising him.

I accept that the announcement of a Director of Football is a broadly positive step, in theory. The reality is that the same people who dismantled the previous, modern football structure and replaced it with an outdated CEO and manager led model, the same people who appointed Maloney and the same people who appointed Johnson will be doing the appointing of a DoF. When all is said and done a DoF is an employee, they are in place to implement a strategy rather than to create one. If we insist on persisting with the current strategy in place then we may well unearth another couple of players who make us a bit money but we will be stuck in this perpetual cycle of mediocrity or worse whilst lacking any real balance or identity. The aforementioned Aberdeen fans went through a similar process not so long ago when their football department was 'restructured' and new bodies were put in place. It didn't change much (although I suppose making you even worse is a change of sorts).

I'm at a loss as to where we are headed. I don't particularly fear any kind of insolvency but I do fear complete disdain or disinterest from the owner. I'm not sure he has the desire, or indeed the means, to pump any serious money into Hibs and it must surely be dawning on him by now that he isn't the exception to the rule that making money from Scottish football (by honest means) doesn't happen. I would say strap yourself in for the ride but a roller coaster suggests excitement, I think we are in for a continuation of bland, soulless mediocrity.

This is pretty much where we have been for 40 years. I think Ron had/has a vision of us having better quality players to deliver more consistency on the park (with the aim to be a regular in the top 4). Does he know how to implement that vision on the park am not sure but I think the DoF will help and I honestly think that BK will be happy to give the DoF a lot of free reign to determine the operating strategy, if for no other reason there is someone else to blame if it doesn't work out. I am also sure that BK will be similar to the players that when an opportunity of a job at a bigger club comes along he will take it.

Two seasons ago we finished as high in the league as we had done for 40 years - things have gone south since then as we have tried a different approach (and its not worked). You learn by making mistakes. I agree that we need to stop making as many mistakes but I think the DoF will be key and they need to be given an opportunity to deliver. As for the likes of Nisbet leaving, I personally would bank the money until the summer (a far better window to transact) and we go with McKirdy, Laidlaw, O'Connor and Myko when he is fit. We only play one up front anyway assuming McGeady and Youan continue to play so plenty scope to rotate between those 4.

Saint Hibee
26-01-2023, 07:54 AM

Well that cheered me up no end! Unfortunately, I think your prognosis is probably right.

Jones28
26-01-2023, 08:12 AM

There's zero evidence for that.

There absolutely is evidence for poor ownership, poor appointments in key areas, poor use of available finance and really ****ty management of the on-the-pitch areas of the football club.

You can have one without the other. Someone mentioned Newcastle and that is good comparison here, very badly managed under Ashley but in no way risking financial ruin.

Diclonius
26-01-2023, 08:16 AM
One of Front Line Assembly's better albums IMO.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-01-2023, 05:25 PM
The implosion or whatever anyone wants to call it is already well under way, still in relatively early stages & will get much worse. My 44 years of watching Hibs have been a rollercoaster of ups, downs & mainly mediocrity. But other than the period 90-91 this is the one which gives me greatest concern for the future of the club. Even more so than the relegations we suffered under Farmer/Petrie. Absentee owners & utter incompetence are not a recipe for success, the panic cost cutting apparent in the current window merely rings a few more alarm bells.

Bostonhibby
26-01-2023, 05:34 PM

I'm at a loss as to where we are headed. I don't particularly fear any kind of insolvency but I do fear complete disdain or disinterest from the owner. I'm not sure he has the desire, or indeed the means, to pump any serious money into Hibs and it must surely be dawning on him by now that he isn't the exception to the rule that making money from Scottish football (by honest means) doesn't happen. I would say strap yourself in for the ride but a roller coaster suggests excitement, I think we are in for a continuation of bland, soulless mediocrity.Some very good observations here and you may not be far off the mark PB, unfortunately.

I think there's a reasonable amount of long standing traditional style Hibs fans who just haven't been persuaded by the commercial/marketing led approach, possibly because of who is leading it and how they are doing it in tandem with an awful on the pitch "offering".

What's the point in creating all that extra money if its invested by the folk that got us to where we are today?

It hurts to say it but something's not right and theres not a lot we fans can do to change it just now that doesn't hurt the club, our club.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

26-01-2023, 05:35 PM
The implosion or whatever anyone wants to call it is already well under way, still in relatively early stages & will get much worse. My 44 years of watching Hibs have been a rollercoaster of ups, downs & mainly mediocrity. But other than the period 90-91 this is the one which gives me greatest concern for the future of the club. Even more so than the relegations we suffered under Farmer/Petrie. Absentee owners & utter incompetence are not a recipe for success, the panic cost cutting apparent in the current window merely rings a few more alarm bells.

How is moving on players, like we said we needed to do due to the bloated squad, panic cost cutting? Plus we knew Porteous wasn't signing a contract so we're getting some money for him and Nisbet insisting on going as well is hardly a surprise so there's sense in getting cash for him now and a sell-on clause.

You're not another one who's been tipped over the edge by Mitchell going are you?

LunasBoots
26-01-2023, 05:40 PM
The absence of our owner is alarming, thr lack of leadership or response is also alarming, be nice to know what's going n.

HarpOnHibee
26-01-2023, 05:40 PM
How is moving on players, like we said we needed to do due to the bloated squad, panic cost cutting? Plus we knew Porteous wasn't signing a contract so we're getting some money for him and Nisbet insisting on going as well is hardly a surprise so there's sense in getting cash for him now and a sell-on clause.

You're not another one who's been tipped over the edge by Mitchell going are you?

Have you looked at our squad as it currently stands? Unless we make some signings before Saturday, we'll likely be looking at 3 under 18s on our bench. That's with a starting 11 that doesn't exactly scream quality.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-01-2023, 05:43 PM

🤣
Id rather he'd never been here in the first place.

The 'bloated squad' isn't something that just 'happened', it was by design, the players didn't sign themselves. Presumably there's now a recognition that paying all these individuals is rather costly, hence rush to get them off the books.

ehf
26-01-2023, 06:08 PM
What makes you think that?

In general terms, because that's how it usually ends when charlatans/nepotists/nutters gain control of a football club.

Specific to the present situation, the mismanagement has been mind-blowingly bad. We thought we had hit the nadir last spring, when we went into the derby at the PBS with our slim hopes pinned on Drey Wright, then the SC semi with even slimmer hopes pinned on James Scott. It seemed inconceivable that we would end the summer transfer window with a weaker squad, but we did. But that degradation pales in comparison to the utter shambles of a state we are in now, with no sellable assets (other than the injured Boyle), a team of disinterested losers that would struggle in League 2, an incompetent and disliked manager that we can't afford to pay off and a hugely alienated fanbase. The Porteous and Nisbet money will barely scrape the surface of the scale of investment required to fund the necessary root-and-branch rebuilding of the playing, managerial, coaching and academy functions and the prospects of this being funded by the current owners seem vanishingly small.

loanheadhibby
26-01-2023, 06:14 PM
The absence of our owner is alarming, thr lack of leadership or response is also alarming, be nice to know what's going n.

Our owner has been largely absent since he purchased club. It’s nothing new for Ron.

I’m fairly relaxed about the whole thing and enjoying seeing the dross getting emptied.

Fingers crossed they are working on some master class behind closed doors.

WestStandMoaner
26-01-2023, 06:17 PM

I can here your happy clapping from 100 miles away. Get real the squad is poor and losing Nisbet and Porteous at the same time weakens us even further. This is why Ron the con can think he can do what he wants because guys like you can’t see what is happening at our club and accept it.

JimboHibs
26-01-2023, 06:17 PM
Have you looked at our squad as it currently stands? Unless we make some signings before Saturday, we'll likely be looking at 3 under 18s on our bench. That's with a starting 11 that doesn't exactly scream quality.

Neither does Ross County,Killie,Motherwell,Aberdeen starting 11 scream quality either , have you had a look at the form of a majority of other clubs its equally as pish as ours if not worse.

26-01-2023, 06:24 PM

I'm not denying we need players and I'm not saying I'm confident of the quality we'll bring in. I'm just surprised at the panic over us moving fringe players on when that's what we said we'd do. I understand the concern at losing Nesbit, he obviously wasn't one LJ was referring to when talking about reducing the squad size, but surely nobody here is surprised he wants to leave. I get some thing it's wrong to let him go given our current situation but I don't want us to keep him if he doesn't want to be at Hibs. Get good money for him and hopefully a sell-on %age.

marinello59
26-01-2023, 06:27 PM
Neither does Ross County,Killie,Motherwell,Aberdeen starting 11 scream quality either , have you had a look at the form of a majority of other clubs its equally as pish as ours if not worse.

We should be much better then Ross County and Killie and given the state of the sheep just now, better then them as well.

superfurryhibby
26-01-2023, 06:29 PM
I'm saving my hysteria for when it might be actually needed.

ErinGoBraghHFC
26-01-2023, 06:30 PM
We should be much better then Ross County and Killie and given the state of the sheep just now, better then them as well.

Agreed, we are a much larger club than both those mentioned. However, state of the sheep? State of hibs ffs! We’re a mess and the buck stops at the Gordon family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddoc
26-01-2023, 06:42 PM
I think there is a feeling of malaise around all things pertaining to Hibs at the moment and it is difficult to see at this time what is going to pull us out of it.
I will class this season as a success if we manage to stay out of the relegation play-off spot.
The next 2 games, like every other recent game this season it seems, are going to be crucial for the club, and at this time I have no confidence in us getting a single point from either game.
I truly hope I am wrong and we manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat and get at least 3 points.

26-01-2023, 06:49 PM
🤣
Id rather he'd never been here in the first place.

The 'bloated squad' isn't something that just 'happened', it was by design, the players didn't sign themselves. Presumably there's now a recognition that paying all these individuals is rather costly, hence rush to get them off the books.

🤣
The bloated squad was a mistake, I don't think anyone has said it just 'happened'. The recognition is that we've got too many players that aren't good enough and yes, it is costly to have numerous players that are not contributing. Doesn't mean that we are in a panic to cut costs though. LJ said he wants to reduce the quantity and bring in quality. If you want to bring in better quality then chances are you'll have to pay them higher wages hence why more going out than coming in. E.g. if he can release up to 10 lesser players then it frees up enough in the budget to get say 3 quality players (Note: Nisbet and Porteous are a separate matter). I don't see it as a cost cutting exercise, it's keeping the budget balanced so the "rush to get them off the books" is because the January window is only a month so not much time to get the outs done and then the ins.

Colr
26-01-2023, 06:56 PM

How much would it take to buy Gordon out, then?

ErinGoBraghHFC
26-01-2023, 07:06 PM
How much would it take to buy Gordon out, then?

Probably about £10m

26-01-2023, 07:08 PM
I can here your happy clapping from 100 miles away. Get real the squad is poor and losing Nisbet and Porteous at the same time weakens us even further. This is why Ron the con can think he can do what he wants because guys like you can’t see what is happening at our club and accept it.

Better than being a dementor and looking for the negative in every situation. I'm not denying the squad is poor or that losing Nisbet and Porteous weakens it. I'm just saying that all the other players who have been released is part of a necessary process to address the poor squad. Nisbet and Porteous going is an additional matter which needs to dealt with too and I'm not saying I think we'll do a good job of it. Though I think letting players go who don't want to be here is the right thing to do.

marinello59
26-01-2023, 07:43 PM
Agreed, we are a much larger club than both those mentioned. However, state of the sheep? State of hibs ffs! We’re a mess and the buck stops at the Gordon family

I agree, we are a state as well. Talk about a missed opportunity to put some ground between us and them.

JCHibby
26-01-2023, 07:54 PM
My take, the owners know LJ is a joke, they will not trust him with any signings. LJ knows his time is up, wants a pay off, Hibs won’t want that. Game of who blinks first - Ben K has to go also absolutely useless

wookie70
26-01-2023, 07:56 PM
🤣
The bloated squad was a mistake, I don't think anyone has said it just 'happened'. The recognition is that we've got too many players that aren't good enough and yes, it is costly to have numerous players that are not contributing. Doesn't mean that we are in a panic to cut costs though. LJ said he wants to reduce the quantity and bring in quality. If you want to bring in better quality then chances are you'll have to pay them higher wages hence why more going out than coming in. E.g. if he can release up to 10 lesser players then it frees up enough in the budget to get say 3 quality players (Note: Nisbet and Porteous are a separate matter). I don't see it as a cost cutting exercise, it's keeping the budget balanced so the "rush to get them off the books" is because the January window is only a month so not much time to get the outs done and then the ins.

Is the bloated squad a mistake at Hearts. Before we started emptying players the squads were pretty much the same size. It is a quality not quantity issue for me. Hearts are bringing Scottish internationalists of the bench and we are struggling to get a full bench without our U19s. I think the likes of Tavares could easily be replaced by players we had or have on load. Bradley looks streets ahead of him or Henderson and McKay at least as good. It is difficult to see why we purchased many of teh players who are now gone or are not trusted to play. Henderson is possibly teh most bizarre as there was so much evidence he had no chance of being a success.

I think the squad pre cull was 26 or 27 players. If we emptied 10 and brought in 3 we would be struggling with the injuries we already have not to mention any we would get. Emptying the players is fine if we bring in better but there is little sign of that

Hibees1973
26-01-2023, 08:14 PM
As our owner, Ron has an obligation to run the club properly and hand it over to his successor in decent shape.

Sir Tom did a fine job of dragging the club out of the gutter. Tom was no Hibs fanatic, but aside the odd relegation, he relinquished ownership of the club to Ron in arguably the best state it was in, in over 40 years. it seems now that Sir Tom and Rod miscalculated Ron's credentials to own Hibs.

Word is that Ron is not well just now. My biggest fear is that his long-term goal is to hand ownership of the club to his son. How would that go down on hibs.net My gut feeling is that Ron, his son and Ben are never going to get it right. How many mistakes do they have to make before they admit their failings. It seems just now it is one disaster after another. How much money has been burned signing duds then moving them on, some within the same season.

Their incompetence has seeped throughout the whole club and now it seems to the playing squad. I'm not totally ITK but have heard various rumours about player unrest. There must be a fair bit of confusion about all the players coming in and moving out. No one here cannot blame Porteous & Nisbet for not signing new contracts and appear to be leaving.

While Sir Tom had his critics one thing that is true is that he was trusted.

I have zero trust in Ron, his son & Ben.

theonlywayisup
26-01-2023, 08:57 PM
Funny how we used to laugh at Vlad and all his antics at Tiny. Sacking Burley after he had won eight successive league games. Signing a "top class manager" to replace Burley! The World Cup stars! The win the Champions League statement! The signing of loads of Lithuanians! The boxing match! The gang of three highlighting "significant unrest in the Hearts dressing room". The employment of his son, Roman. Vlad losing interest. The fax machine! The paying wages only after selling players! The slow decline to administration!

Oh how we laughed! Called them spineless for accepting it!

Tables have turned a bit! Not saying that we're in a similar state to them during the Vlad reign, but we are a shambles right now!

HarpOnHibee
26-01-2023, 09:41 PM

You'd think the general pishiness of the league this season would be reason to press on and look to take advantage of it, rather than using it as an excuse to be every bit as pish.

Kano Kirsty
26-01-2023, 11:00 PM
As our owner, Ron has an obligation to run the club properly and hand it over to his successor in decent shape.

Sir Tom did a fine job of dragging the club out of the gutter. Tom was no Hibs fanatic, but aside the odd relegation, he relinquished ownership of the club to Ron in arguably the best state it was in, in over 40 years. it seems now that Sir Tom and Rod miscalculated Ron's credentials to own Hibs.

Word is that Ron is not well just now. My biggest fear is that his long-term goal is to hand ownership of the club to his son. How would that go down on hibs.net My gut feeling is that Ron, his son and Ben are never going to get it right. How many mistakes do they have to make before they admit their failings. It seems just now it is one disaster after another. How much money has been burned signing duds then moving them on, some within the same season.

Their incompetence has seeped throughout the whole club and now it seems to the playing squad. I'm not totally ITK but have heard various rumours about player unrest. There must be a fair bit of confusion about all the players coming in and moving out. No one here cannot blame Porteous & Nisbet for not signing new contracts and appear to be leaving.

While Sir Tom had his critics one thing that is true is that he was trusted.

I have zero trust in Ron, his son & Ben.

Ron the Con has absolutely no obligation to run the club properly at all! On the contrary, he could sell all our major assets tomorrow as he seems to be doing with the players. Will LJ see any of it? I doubt it!

Kano Kirsty
26-01-2023, 11:03 PM
Funny how we used to laugh at Vlad and all his antics at Tiny. Sacking Burley after he had won eight successive league games. Signing a "top class manager" to replace Burley! The World Cup stars! The win the Champions League statement! The signing of loads of Lithuanians! The boxing match! The gang of three highlighting "significant unrest in the Hearts dressing room". The employment of his son, Roman. Vlad losing interest. The fax machine! The paying wages only after selling players! The slow decline to administration!

Oh how we laughed! Called them spineless for accepting it!

Tables have turned a bit! Not saying that we're in a similar state to them during the Vlad reign, but we are a shambles right now!

I’m a bit young to remember most of that, but my Hearts supporting friends like to reinforce the apparent similarities.

HoboHarry
26-01-2023, 11:10 PM
Ron the Con has absolutely no obligation to run the club properly at all! On the contrary, he could sell all our major assets tomorrow as he seems to be doing with the players. Will LJ see any of it? I doubt it!
:doh:

26-01-2023, 11:44 PM

Is thay what we're calling him now? Don't recall any Hibs fans say that on here, no matter how p***ed off. Thought it was just Hearts fans.🤔

Forza Fred
27-01-2023, 02:25 AM
Is thay what we're calling him now? Don't recall any Hibs fans say that on here, no matter how p***ed off. Thought it was just Hearts fans.🤔

I think you are right.... definitely Yam Talk and when it comes from someone with a relatively low post count you do wonder if.....

Iain G
27-01-2023, 06:16 AM
I’m a bit young to remember most of that, but my Hearts supporting friends like to reinforce the apparent similarities.

Do they now, interesting 🤔

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2023, 07:01 AM

No obligation other than the law and commercial reality.

Bostonhibby
27-01-2023, 07:50 AM
Do they now, interesting [emoji848]It's not a great time for us,but I'll start drawing comparisons with Hearts when we are at the stage where we have to admit, on our very own creditors list that we thieved money from the Lady Haig poppy fund and our own club charities.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

CockneyRebel
27-01-2023, 08:18 AM
🤣

Sanity enters the debate - you will now pelters.

:top marks

KWJ
27-01-2023, 09:26 AM

I disagree with that PB. I'm happy to give more time to RG and, to a lesser extent BK, and am a long way away from digging out my pitchfork. That doesn't mean to say they aren't at fault for our current position. I think we've been unlucky on the pitch (as discussed in the recent xG threads) and we've been unfortunate with injuries, but there's no doubt that they've made some bad decisions.

They've owned up to a lot of these mistakes and have said they will learn from them. It's RG's first sports team, mistakes are going to be made but (apart from his voice being a little but Trumpy) pretty much everything I've seen him do or say suggests to me that he wants the best for the club. Yes, he wants to make money out of Hibs but from us being successful.

We face the ups and downs every week and when there are more downs folk get restless and it has to be directed somewhere, but it seems overblown to me at the moment. Any changes from the top will take time to arrive on the pitch, look at Chelsea, Man U and Newcastle for different extremes of that. It's ridiculous to think that RG is going to come out after every couple of good or bad results to acknowledge them and give the same message that they are working on it. When have Hibs owners every done this, or any other club's? It's the manager that fronts results and the CEO comes out when they choose to punt the manager, the owner rarely speaks at all but RG seems to get that stick because he's taken the unusual but positive step of coming out and talking to media and fans in the past.

And, have we ever spent so much on transfer signings over a few windows before? Obviously they've not had a great hit rate but Doidge, Nisbet, Magennis, MacKay, Mueller, Melkerson, Hauge, Tait, Bushiri, Mitchell, Miller, Tavares, McAllister, Cabraja, McKirdy and bringing back Boyle has got to be some outlay.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2023, 09:42 AM

:faf:

Cool story, Bro, as they say on poppythieves.com.

hibeerealist
27-01-2023, 02:54 PM
Probably about £10m

Doubt that figure.

That would be a huge profit on what he has spent.

In addition where has he increased the value of HFC other than the tellies and hospitality suites?