PDA

View Full Version : Loser is sacked

Torto7062
25-01-2023, 08:21 PM
Would it be fair to say whoever loses at Easter Road this weekend will punt their manager ?

Very surprised Goodwin has survived after Darvel result

Leith Green
25-01-2023, 08:23 PM
Would it be fair to say whoever loses at Easter Road this weekend will punt their manager ?

If johnson was going anywhere then he would have been emptied by now. We are stuck with him for the foreseeable

kentao
25-01-2023, 08:23 PM
We will end up sacking Johnson and paying compensation for Goodwin :faf:,

Think We will stick with Johnson till the summer though.

Alfred E Newman
25-01-2023, 09:05 PM
Looking forward to hearing both teams booed onto the park. Should be a classic.

scoopyboy
25-01-2023, 09:07 PM
If the losing team's manager gets sacked there could be a world record number of own goals

Silky
25-01-2023, 09:10 PM
Looking forward to hearing both teams booed onto the park. Should be a classic.

Excellent way of getting behind the team. I've seen many, many worse Hibs teams than this over the past 30 odd years and never booed one on to the park. Ridiculous thing to do.

Nicho87
25-01-2023, 09:10 PM
Boo here
Boo there
Boo everywhere

cabbageandribs1875
25-01-2023, 09:45 PM
Booooooooo

Waxy
25-01-2023, 09:58 PM
It’s one thing losing to Darvel but not beating us?
Underperforming as a club seems to be the state we revert to after short promising bursts.
Why?

Kano Kirsty
25-01-2023, 10:02 PM
Not sure either club can afford it otherwise it would have happened by now?

JohnM1875
25-01-2023, 10:04 PM
Think LJ is a bit of a helmet, but the more stuff like selling Nisbet happens the less I actually think it's his fault. Inherited a pretty dreadful team coupled with a horrific transfer window, we probably are where we should be in the league.

Hope we annihilate Aberdeen on Saturday and that prick Goodwin get's punted.

Hibernia&Alba
25-01-2023, 10:06 PM

It's very possible. The same was said about Lampard and Moyes last weekend and it was proven correct. I have to say, if Aberdeen had any pride, they would have sacked Goodwin before their bus left Darvel. It's just unforgivable.

Heedersnvolleys
25-01-2023, 10:11 PM
If the losing team's manager gets sacked there could be a world record number of own goals

I am surprised no one has taken you up on this scoopyboy

Onion
25-01-2023, 10:24 PM
It's very possible. The same was said about Lampard and Moyes last weekend and it was proven correct. I have to say, if Aberdeen had any pride, they would have sacked Goodwin before their bus left Darvel. It's just unforgivable.

Frankly, they should both be sacked irrespective of the result - as they will inevitably be in the not too distant.

Hibs beating a team that's just be Nationally humiliated (and then beaten by Darvel) is no benchmark for success. And Goodwin beating Hibs is simply delaying the inevitable sacking of a a below average manager who was promoted beyond his abilities. In both cases, the Owners / Board have seriously ****ed up with their crap recruitment.

It's really not LJ & Goodwin's fault. It's 100% down to those that appointed them. Incompetent tools.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2023, 10:24 PM
If it’s a draw, they’ll maybe toss a coin to see who gets sacked/who stays.

If Johnson wins the toss I’m wanting best of three.

leith lynx
25-01-2023, 10:31 PM
If it’s a draw, they’ll maybe toss a coin to see who gets sacked/who stays.

If Johnson wins the toss I’m wanting best of three.

I'd go for a wrestling showdown in the centre circle

Liberal Hibby
25-01-2023, 10:34 PM
0-0 draw incoming then.

Hibernia&Alba
25-01-2023, 10:41 PM
Frankly, they should both be sacked irrespective of the result - as they will inevitably be in the not too distant.

Hibs beating a team that's just be Nationally humiliated (and then beaten by Darvel) is no benchmark for success. And Goodwin beating Hibs is simply delaying the inevitable sacking of a a below average manager who was promoted beyond his abilities. In both cases, the Owners / Board have seriously ****ed up with their crap recruitment.

It's really not LJ & Goodwin's fault. It's 100% down to those that appointed them. Incompetent tools.

Agreed, it would be very surprising if either manager is still in post much longer. At least Johnson can point to a couple of decent league results recently; Goodwin still being there seems bizarre. There is no recovering from losing a cup tie to a sixth tier club, and that's after some very poor league form.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2023, 10:43 PM
El Sackio

(as someone already said)

ScottB
25-01-2023, 10:45 PM
At this point we’re either waiting for the DoF, to see where we are at the split or both.

It certainly won’t be appealing for a DoF if we recruit a new manager right before they join, so I doubt they’ll act. If things start to look dicey with relegation in the meantime, a caretaker till the end of the season is probably the best we’ll get.

Vault Boy
25-01-2023, 10:56 PM
The layoff playoff? The boot out shoot out? Dismissal derby? Will each half be referred to as a P45?

We need answers, damn it.

HarpOnHibee
25-01-2023, 11:02 PM
So the loser is the winner? :dunno:

25-01-2023, 11:04 PM
The layoff playoff? The boot out shoot out? Dismissal derby? Will each half be referred to as a P45?

We need answers, damn it.

The Sugar Tits Derby

https://i.ibb.co/S0N11Wg/download-3.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

CMac1988
25-01-2023, 11:44 PM
Agreed, it would be very surprising if either manager is still in post much longer. At least Johnson can point to a couple of decent league results recently; Goodwin still being there seems bizarre. There is no recovering from losing a cup tie to a sixth tier club, and that's after some very poor league form.

Despite that they're still ahead of us by 2 points... in 5th. It's pretty crazy that both clubs are still in with a shout of 4th considering the collosus **** show they've put on thus far. Livingston vs. Hearts on Sunday is a pretty big game for Martindale's lot. Win their game in hand at home and they'll be breathing down their necks for 3rd. As for us, a win at the weekend (getting beat is written in the stars given recent history) and a few decent signings might see us through to the Summer intact.

CB Hibs 68
25-01-2023, 11:49 PM
0-0 draw incoming then.

Hardly likely as that means Hibs keeping a clean sheet

25-01-2023, 11:50 PM
Despite that they're still ahead of us by 2 points... in 5th. It's pretty crazy that both clubs are still in with a shout of 4th considering the collosus **** show they've put on thus far. Livingston vs. Hearts on Sunday is a pretty big game for Martindale's lot. Win their game in hand at home and they'll be breathing down their necks for 3rd. As for us, a win at the weekend (getting beat is written in the stars given recent history) and a few decent signings might see us through to the Summer intact.

By being as bad as each other Goodwin and LJ have been keeping each other in a job.

Smartie
26-01-2023, 12:08 AM
So the loser is the winner? :dunno:

https://youtu.be/JyTzmhFQt2o

Bobby's Cinema
26-01-2023, 06:45 AM
Would be giving this a miss to be honest If it wasn't for the ST.

Major change in fortunes needed and fast if this season is not to now drift out slowly and without interest to a meaningless conclusion.

GreenCastle
26-01-2023, 06:51 AM
Could be a very weird atmosphere as both fans annoyed with how the team / club are performing.

Not quite sure how both managers are currently still in a job.

Steve20
26-01-2023, 07:29 AM
Excellent way of getting behind the team. I've seen many, many worse Hibs teams than this over the past 30 odd years and never booed one on to the park. Ridiculous thing to do.

I don't think it would be a serious suggestion to boo the team on to the park. What I will say is they don't react to being clapped and encouraged onto the pitch. (again, not saying boo them as that's ridiculous at the start of a game).

Having supported Hibs for the past 35 years, I don't think it's 'many many worse Hibs teams' either. There's been a couple when you compare the squads over the years, but this is definitely up there as one of the worst groups of players. Nothing will top Butcher's team in 2014 for being garbage though.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2023, 07:42 AM
Could be a very weird atmosphere as both fans annoyed with how the team / club are performing.

Not quite sure how both managers are currently still in a job.

I know Aberdeen fans who genuinely want us to beat them so Goodwin goes. One of these guys hasn't missed a game (home, away, Europe, friendly for 15 years) and he is 100% hoping they lose on Saturday. I used to work with this guy and he got sacked from his job in 2009 for going AWOL to attend a friendly against 1860 Munich in Germany.

Much as I'd like to see Johnson go (along with a few others) I can't imagine actively wanting us to lose a game. There's maybe the odd one you wish had went differently in hindsight (2-2 v Hearts to keep Duffy in a job perhaps) but never in the moment. The amazing thing is it's 5th v 6th; the mood around both clubs makes it feel like a relegation battle, the quality of football on show will probably make it feel the same I suppose.

I'm dreading it tbh. It has the potential to be really poisonous and I'm not sure that helps anyone in the short to medium term.

flash
26-01-2023, 07:48 AM
I will be in my usual seat praying for a miracle.

Will only have a go at the players if I feel they aren't giving their all which I certainly think they have been recently despite results.

The manager will get it tight if he picks a ridiculous team though I have some sympathy with him looking at the lack of options.

Percy Vere
26-01-2023, 07:58 AM
There’s a lot of factors involved in being a modern day manager, trained in the art of eloquence and effluent.
There’s a chance here for Lee to stick it right up them without Nizzy or Porto in the ranks. Bring in Ethan and co and sort them out. Personally think LJ is a decent manager hamstrung by dubious signings and injuries to key players. Please note currently Boyle Bushiri and Magennis all first team starts.
He had a very good record in Bristol and well liked by all accounts.
You can’t go from being good to being crap just like that.
It’s a moot point as I think he’s got the rest of the season and maybe the summer window to sort this out.
GGTTH

26-01-2023, 08:01 AM
I will be in my usual seat praying for a miracle.

Will only have a go at the players if I feel they aren't giving their all which I certainly think they have been recently despite results.

The manager will get it tight if he picks a ridiculous team though I have some sympathy with him looking at the lack of options.

I long for the day they dish out free pies too.🥧🥧

Hibernia&Alba
26-01-2023, 08:01 AM
I know Aberdeen fans who genuinely want us to beat them so Goodwin goes. One of these guys hasn't missed a game (home, away, Europe, friendly for 15 years) and he is 100% hoping they lose on Saturday. I used to work with this guy and he got sacked from his job in 2009 for going AWOL to attend a friendly against 1860 Munich in Germany.

Much as I'd like to see Johnson go (along with a few others) I can't imagine actively wanting us to lose a game. There's maybe the odd one you wish had went differently in hindsight (2-2 v Hearts to keep Duffy in a job perhaps) but never in the moment. The amazing thing is it's 5th v 6th; the mood around both clubs makes it feel like a relegation battle, the quality of football on show will probably make it feel the same I suppose.

I'm dreading it tbh. It has the potential to be really poisonous and I'm not sure that helps anyone in the short to medium term.

That is going beyond staunch and into the realms of madness. Lost his livelihood for the sake of a friendly in Germany. Incredible passion for his club.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2023, 08:10 AM
That is going beyond staunch and into the realms of madness. Lost his livelihood for the sake of a friendly in Germany. Incredible passion for his club.

He was some boy.

Basically lived for Aberdeen, Northern Soul and fashion. Never married unsurprisingly.

hibsbollah
26-01-2023, 08:24 AM
I don't think it would be a serious suggestion to boo the team on to the park. What I will say is they don't react to being clapped and encouraged onto the pitch. (again, not saying boo them as that's ridiculous at the start of a game).

Having supported Hibs for the past 35 years, I don't think it's 'many many worse Hibs teams' either. There's been a couple when you compare the squads over the years, but this is definitely up there as one of the worst groups of players. Nothing will top Butcher's team in 2014 for being garbage though.

What do you mean they don’t respond to being encouraged and clapped? They would be the only group of humans known to psychology not to respond to positivity if that was the case. Unless they are all psychopaths.

I’ll clap them on just like I always do.

GreenCastle
26-01-2023, 08:38 AM
It actually feels like it Hibs lose LJ won’t be sacked where as if Aberdeen lose Goodwin would sacked.

Seems LJ is here till the split.

Goodwin got to a semi final and knocked out by Darvel and is above Hibs currently.

LJ knocked out both cups at first attempt and below the Dons.

Is It On....
26-01-2023, 08:40 AM
The Sugar Tits Derby

https://i.ibb.co/S0N11Wg/download-3.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

After the game on Saturday, at least one of you will be fired...

Pretty Boy
26-01-2023, 08:45 AM
After the game on Saturday, at least one of you will be fired...

Might be a draw and we get the much teased but rarely seen double firing. That's usually reserved for when there is two major **** ups who need shifted.

Cometh the hour.......

Since452
26-01-2023, 12:08 PM
Fancy an Aberdeen win. We've just lost three of our better players from the team that lost 3-0 at the weekend. Aberdeen are poor but at least they have a full strength team.

hibee_girl
26-01-2023, 12:52 PM

I think it's a given it'll be poisonous tbh.

15 minutes into the first half with neither team creating anything and both sets of fans going mental. It'll be entertaining if nothing else! :greengrin

Ronniekirk
26-01-2023, 01:03 PM
So the teams will be running out to ABBA.
The Winner Takes It All

Jones28
26-01-2023, 01:03 PM
I genuinely don't think they will sack Johnson at any point this season.

I said he should be given the January window, not realising that all we had was a window that lets things out and doesn't let things in.

GreenCastle
26-01-2023, 01:06 PM
I genuinely don't think they will sack Johnson at any point this season.

I said he should be given the January window, not realising that all we had was a window that lets things out and doesn't let things in.

Oddly the players leaving has taken some heat off LJ as folk are now starting to feel sorry for him.

He had the World Cup break - heat off him.

DOF announcement - heat off him.

Nisbet and Porto leaving - heat off him.

WestCoastHibby
26-01-2023, 01:14 PM
I was at the last home game v Aberdeen when Goodwin caused such a stooshy about Porteous.
I can see us getting another result v them but I’d never assume such

Alex Trager
26-01-2023, 01:15 PM
Oddly the players leaving has taken some heat off LJ as folk are now starting to feel sorry for him.

He had the World Cup break - heat off him.

DOF announcement - heat off him.

Nisbet and Porto leaving - heat off him.
Just wait til Saturday. He’ll relight the fire

Alfred E Newman
26-01-2023, 02:12 PM
I think it's a given it'll be poisonous tbh.

15 minutes into the first half with neither team creating anything and both sets of fans going mental. It'll be entertaining if nothing else! :greengrin

I heard Tesco were donating out of date fruit to be distributed to the fans pre match.

Jim44
26-01-2023, 02:16 PM
Whatever the result, I somehow don’t think LJ will get the heave. The Aberdeen support will be in in a real quandary on Saturday, clearly wanting a win but dreading the consequence of Goodwin getting off the hook. Meanwhile we’ll plod on, hoping for but not expecting a win, especially without the two players who would have been the likeliest to give us a result. Not a good time to be a Hibby.

26-01-2023, 08:48 PM
Whatever the result, I somehow don’t think LJ will get the heave. The Aberdeen support will be in in a real quandary on Saturday, clearly wanting a win but dreading the consequence of Goodwin getting off the hook. Meanwhile we’ll plod on, hoping for but not expecting a win, especially without the two players who would have been the likeliest to give us a result. Not a good time to be a Hibby.

Porteous might still play for us on Saturday, according to the EEN. Maybe he wants to go out on a high with a big GIRFUY to Goodwin.

Smartie
26-01-2023, 10:24 PM
I heard Tesco were donating out of date fruit to be distributed to the fans pre match.

Can out of date fruit play centre half?

pacorosssco
26-01-2023, 10:59 PM
Neither club has signed anyone as of yet since defeats. Suggests the wallet will only open if you get a win

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2023, 11:20 PM
What do you mean they don’t respond to being encouraged and clapped? They would be the only group of humans known to psychology not to respond to positivity if that was the case. Unless they are all psychopaths.

I’ll clap them on just like I always do.

:top marks

I can't believe anybody would seriously boo their own club onto the park, hell to be honest I never see the point of booing them off at half time or full time either.

The other thing is anybody saying they didn't try last Sunday is talking absolute bollox, I've had folk who watched the game and even a Jambo admit it was never a 0 - 3 game .... it was a failure to put the ball in the net and keep it out at the other end that lost us the game, it certainly was not a lack of effort at trying to do both.

HarpOnHibee
26-01-2023, 11:33 PM
it was a failure to put the ball in the net and keep it out at the other end that lost us the game

That tends to happen in football.

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2023, 11:43 AM
That tends to happen in football.

Aye, but ye ken what I meant :greengrin

jakeshibs
27-01-2023, 11:47 AM

The original poster is correct many many worse teams you have just not supported the club as long as some if us, we have endured much worse, we are a couple of wins of a possible fourth spot.

Greenworld
27-01-2023, 11:51 AM
When you look at the league and I include Hearts even though they think they are world beaters it actually seems ludicrous that only hibs and Aberdeen are talking of problems. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230127/f5b7c6ece62b77026ad5fd9e7c64ebf7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The Spaceman
27-01-2023, 12:17 PM

Totally agreed. We really aren’t that bad and current group of players and management are still much, much better than Butcher’s Boys…

Time to back the team. 4th is still achievable which is Europe - everyone below Hearts are there for the taking and, as weird as it feels saying this after losing 3-0 on Sunday, Hearts didn’t look great either.

He's here!
27-01-2023, 12:52 PM
Would be giving this a miss to be honest If it wasn't for the ST.

Major change in fortunes needed and fast if this season is not to now drift out slowly and without interest to a meaningless conclusion.

With the squad as it stands now there's every likelihood of a relegation battle to hold our interest.

st3vie
27-01-2023, 02:23 PM
draw written all over it

Jim44
27-01-2023, 02:25 PM
draw written all over it

Both sacked.:greengrin

loanheadhibby
27-01-2023, 02:30 PM
Totally agreed. We really aren’t that bad and current group of players and management are still much, much better than Butcher’s Boys…

Time to back the team. 4th is still achievable which is Europe - everyone below Hearts are there for the taking and, as weird as it feels saying this after losing 3-0 on Sunday, Hearts didn’t look great either.

Hearts didn't look great but beat us 3-0.
Says it all.
It's great and I'm being serious you think 4th is a achievable.