PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron cashing in…

Slim Shady
25-01-2023, 05:00 PM
Has Ron had enough?

With Ben taking the toy out his laddies hands has Ron pulled the plug.

We need two CHs and a goal scoring striker in the next six days. January is always a tough window.

Can’t see us getting the quality to challenge for top 6 never mind Europe.

Europe was the aim along with cup success. Pumped out both cups at first hurdle.

Doesn’t look too good.

RossScott1991
25-01-2023, 05:03 PM
Hopefully.

green day
25-01-2023, 05:06 PM
Has Ron had enough?

With Ben taking the toy out his laddies hands has Ron pulled the plug..

You do realise that in order to appoint a DoF, BK had to persuade RG that this was the way to go?

RG could have said No - he owns the club.

hibee-boys
25-01-2023, 05:07 PM
That’s right, we’ve all of a sudden become a selling club during Ron Gordon’s tenure. Nisbet wants away, downed tools after we blocked his last move. It would take a reoccurrence of his injury or drop in form to us not making any money on the only remaining player in the squad that has the ability to generate us some much needed revenue for the re-build clearly needed in the summer.

Steve Austin
25-01-2023, 05:08 PM
Hopefully.

Ron has taken eye off the ball in regards what’s happening on the pitch !!.
All fancy screens and hospitality etc…
The surface is rubbish at Easter Rd ..Alas the product which brings fans in the ground is poor ..We have made horrible decisions in regards players ..
Ron and Ben come out and give us optimism??….
El Sackico on Saturday…..

Slim Shady
You do realise that in order to appoint a DoF, BK had to persuade RG that this was the way to go?

RG could have said No - he owns the club.

Maybe Ben told him he wants / need a DoF (which everyone can see) and he wants Ian removed from any involvement in transfers.

Stuart93
That’s right, we’ve all of a sudden become a selling club during Ron Gordon’s tenure. Nisbet wants away, downed tools after we blocked his last move and it would take a reoccurrence of his injury or drop in form to us not making any money on the only remaining player in the squad that has the ability to generate us some much needed revenue for the re-build clearly needed in the summer.

What about the rebuild we’re needing this month

Blaster
25-01-2023, 05:09 PM
Selling our assets is always going to happen.

The problem is we replace them with utter pish

Waxy
25-01-2023, 05:17 PM
Almost every club is a sellling club.
Rantic are minnows on the big stage.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2023, 05:30 PM
I'm waiting on someone trying to give Ian Gordon credit for identifying Nisbet and allowing us to sell him for profit.

Vault Boy
25-01-2023, 05:35 PM
This does have a different feel to it IMO.

We’ve rejected offers plenty of times in the recent past, yet this window we seem to be trying to shift any saleable assets we have, having only signed a single player so far to replace them.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Ron has had enough of the (deserved) criticism and is now trying to rapidly reduce expenses. We’re out of both cups, languishing in the league, and instead of looking at bolstering the squad, we’ve torn it apart.

Clearly we have a hell of a lot of deadwood, but Porteous and Nisbet ain’t it. The manager, however…

Jones28
25-01-2023, 05:41 PM
This does have a different feel to it IMO.

We’ve rejected offers plenty of times in the recent past, yet this window we seem to be trying to shift any saleable assets we have, having only signed a single player so far to replace them.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Ron has had enough of the (deserved) criticism and is now trying to rapidly reduce expenses. We’re out of both cups, languishing in the league, and instead of looking at bolstering the squad, we’ve torn it apart.

Clearly we have a hell of a lot of deadwood, but Porteous and Nisbet ain’t it. The manager, however…

I don’t think he’s trying to cash in.

Selling Nisbet is hopefully just an attempt to avoid what happened last time a bit for him knocked back.

However this is the first time I’ve really started to wonder what is actually going on here.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2023, 05:43 PM

Selling Nisbet is hopefully just an attempt to avoid what happened last time a bit for him knocked back.

However this is the first time I’ve really started to wonder what is actually going on here.

Welcome to the club.

It used to be a lonely place but interest has been growing in recent weeks😅

Northernhibee
25-01-2023, 05:44 PM
It’s perfectly plausible that this is all another exhibit to add to the evidence that nobody has a ****ing scooby how to run a football club and there’s no further or deeper meaning than that.

Jones28
25-01-2023, 05:46 PM
Welcome to the club.

It used to be a lonely place but interest has been growing in recent weeks😅

I’m not worried, I hear you’re leading the campaign to buy the club 😂

Waxy
25-01-2023, 05:47 PM
All footballers nowadays are in it for the money.
They’re all in it for the money.
Only the fans really care.

One Day Soon
25-01-2023, 05:48 PM
I'm waiting on someone trying to give Ian Gordon credit for identifying Nisbet and allowing us to sell him for profit.

It's a stick on that someone will punt that line sooner or later. Probably unattributed from club 'sources'.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2023, 05:48 PM
I’m not worried, I hear you’re leading the campaign to buy the club 😂

I think the best I could achieve would be to almost make Ron Gordon look competent.

snedzuk
25-01-2023, 06:01 PM
Ive been dipping into the sheep fans forum today to see if theres any Goodwin news and its quite interesting the threads on there about ownership and their DoF experience - heres a taster

"The Owner, DOF and scouting is as shambolic as ever. Cormack can't stay out of the limelight, can't help himself from speaking or tweeting, has to be seen as a saviour - he's toxic for the club in that regard. I respect his business/financial sense, but for a football club he's all wrong and his appointments for the senior team have been a disaster.
Gunn, he may be in an internal logistics guru for the inner runnings of a football club, but once his role encompassed supporting the manager in constructing a football club it's been exposed hugely."

Just_Jimmy
25-01-2023, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the club.

It used to be a lonely place but interest has been growing in recent weeks[emoji28]I've always had a foot in the camp.

I liken him to Mike Ashley. I've no doubt this is the start of him cashing in whatever he can get.

Nisbit is our last saleable asset.

Hibs are a **** show.

GTF Ron Gordon

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Stubbsy90+2
25-01-2023, 06:33 PM
If it means him getting to **** then I hope so.

Tyler Durden
25-01-2023, 06:33 PM
All this “cashing in” chat is very Paul Kane/Simon Pia esque

We’ve enough to moan about without this baseless p*sh

hibsforeurope
25-01-2023, 06:36 PM
He’s hellbent on making a profit out of Hibs, that’s unlikely to be through the sale of the club to another party. We do, however, have valuable assets he can sell off and not just players.

greenpaper55
Does Ron own the training ground or is it a separate unit that is untouchable,

Tyler Durden
He’s hellbent on making a profit out of Hibs, that’s unlikely to be through the sale. We do, however, have valuable assets he can sell off and not just players.

Is he aye?

greenlex
25-01-2023, 06:37 PM
All this “cashing in” chat is very Paul Kane/Simon Pia esque

We’ve enough to moan about without this baseless p*sh
If you’re looking for chat and debate without baseless pish you are definitely in the wrong place. You’ll never get it anywhere but here it’s gone nuclear.

CropleyWasGod

No.

To be clear, he doesn't own any of "our" assets.

Tyler Durden

I’m sure there’s loads of profit to be made out of this plum site in the middle of nowhere

Ged
25-01-2023, 06:39 PM
If he's cashing in, why sign Jeggo?

Clarence
25-01-2023, 06:44 PM

I’m in it for the pies and the pints.

Waxy
25-01-2023, 06:49 PM

I love pain

chippy
25-01-2023, 06:52 PM
If he's cashing in, why sign Jeggo?

Cheapo buys him a bit of time before selling up

leith lynx
25-01-2023, 06:53 PM

Used to be the macaroon bars and spearmint chewing gum for me!

Tyler Durden
25-01-2023, 06:55 PM

No flies on you chippy

CropleyWasGod
25-01-2023, 06:58 PM
He’s hellbent on making a profit out of Hibs, that’s unlikely to be through the sale of the club to another party. We do, however, have valuable assets he can sell off and not just players.

Do you think that money would go into his back pocket?

The Wireless
25-01-2023, 07:00 PM
Hibs supporters absolutely getting the arse ripped out of them just now. For the life of me we have seen our club go from bad to worse with the caretakers taking NO responsibility of the poor football decisions under their awful stewardship.It is time for change Mr Gordon.

LeithMike
25-01-2023, 07:00 PM
I don’t think it’s cashing in but it certainly looks like downgrading / cost-cutting. Big earners out and lesser ones in? Doesn’t look like we are aiming for 3rd or 4th now but saving costs and survival. Certainly looks like any signings we’ll make will be short-term which tells me the manager is a lame duck.

Will there be another investment in the playing staff in the summer under new management? Who knows? Pretty poor if we are writing off our objectives for the league half-way through the season though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
25-01-2023, 07:01 PM
Cashing out more like. He’ll never make money from Hibs and neither has the money or the fanatical will to spend and lose more money. His tenure is a mystery and a complete football failure.

Hibiza
25-01-2023, 07:12 PM
He'll wait for a McGinn payday.

donno
25-01-2023, 07:12 PM
No.

To be clear, he doesn't own any of "our" assets.You are right, he doesn't own any of our assets.
Unfortunately, he owns roughly 83% of Hibernian FC, which means Easter Road, EM and anything else. He can basically do what the hell he wants with it!

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Tyler Durden
25-01-2023, 07:15 PM
I don’t think it’s cashing in but it certainly looks like downgrading / cost-cutting. Big earners out and lesser ones in? Doesn’t look like we are aiming for 3rd or 4th now but saving costs and survival. Certainly looks like any signings we’ll make will be short-term which tells me the manager is a lame duck.

Will there be another investment in the playing staff in the summer under new management? Who knows? Pretty poor if we are writing off our objectives for the league half-way through the season though.

Well Porto and Nisbet aren’t near the highest earners are they? We’re selling to maximise their value.

What we do about replacements remains to be seen but not sure there’s any indication we’re going for cheaper options.

CropleyWasGod
25-01-2023, 07:16 PM
You are right, he doesn't own any of our assets.
Unfortunately, he owns roughly 83% of Hibernian FC, which means Easter Road, EM and anything else. He can basically do what the hell he wants with it!

It's 67% :greengrin

My point, though, is that the proceeds of any sale, players or otherwise, don't go into his pocket, which is what some seem to be suggesting. If he does want out, he will likely make more from selling us as a going concern, rather than selling off the assets separately.

Tyler Durden
25-01-2023, 07:16 PM
You are right, he doesn't own any of our assets.

What exactly do you think he’s going to do?

Tyler Durden
25-01-2023, 07:18 PM
Cashing out more like. He’ll never make money from Hibs and neither has the money or the fanatical will to spend and lose more money. His tenure is a mystery and a complete football failure.

His tenure is pretty much on par with Hibs performance for the last 30 years.

Not sure it’s his fault that players like Porto and Nisbet couldn’t win a cup in the COVID season.

Since then he’s made some bad football decisions, which the club are now trying to rectify.

WhileTheChief..
25-01-2023, 07:19 PM
I think RG wants what’s best for us but just doesn’t know how to go about doing it yet.

Hopefully the dof will help.

B.H.F.C
25-01-2023, 07:27 PM
I think RG wants what’s best for us but just doesn’t know how to go about doing it yet.

Hopefully the dof will help.

Agree.

Real Emerald
25-01-2023, 07:30 PM
His tenure is pretty much on par with Hibs performance for the last 30 years.

Not sure it’s his fault that players like Porto and Nisbet couldn’t win a cup in the COVID season.

Since then he’s made some bad football decisions, which the club are now trying to rectify.

Phew thank goodness for that, here’s me thinking things had got a lot worse as well. I’ll sleep tonight now.

SMAXXA
25-01-2023, 07:32 PM
The answer to the question is no. I also believe he’s personally leading the recruitment of the new DOF what that says about BK is another matter.

donno
25-01-2023, 07:33 PM
It's 67% :greengrin

My point, though, is that the proceeds of any sale, players or otherwise, don't go into his pocket, which is what some seem to be suggesting. If he does want out, he will likely make more from selling us as a going concern, rather than selling off the assets separately.He's probably got £5/6m invested in Hibs. There's nothing to stop him doing a Chris Robinson and selling the stadium to Cala homes, and moving to murrayfield. A quick Google shows that a sale for £20m was agreed in 2004. I bet Easter Road is worth much more than that 19 years later[emoji22]

Onion
25-01-2023, 07:33 PM

Nisbet has just been supported through a year of injury and it looks like first time of asking he's wanting away. It is Lee Johnson's job to convince him and the Board that Nisbet is invaluable to Hibs at least for the next 6 months, and that by maintaining his form, more Scotland caps will come along with better offers in the summer. That's what a decent manager would be expected to do - irrespective of the players instincts.

Cashing in on Nisbet now would need proper explaining by the Board, Owner and Manager.

Tyler Durden
25-01-2023, 07:34 PM
Phew thank goodness for that, here’s me thinking things had got a lot worse as well. I’ll sleep tonight now.

Happy to be of service

heid the baw
25-01-2023, 07:37 PM

Professional players have always been in it for the money. Back in the old days their contracts were held in perpetuity by clubs and there were maximum wage structures ect.
Once that archaic system was dismantled, they were free to optimize their earnings like any other employees.
You go where the money is, you'd be daft not to

paddy1875
25-01-2023, 07:37 PM
Maybe the chat about Johnson not getting compensation if he doesn’t make the top six is true.

Maybe Johnson won’t walk and the club are now looking to move him on without the payday.

Onion
25-01-2023, 07:40 PM

No one can just rock up, dig a bit of debt and liquidate the assets of a football club. If RG thinks Hibs are ripe for a fire sale, he's in for a ruddy great shock.

25-01-2023, 07:41 PM
He's probably got £5/6m invested in Hibs. There's nothing to stop him doing a Chris Robinson and selling the stadium to Cala homes, and moving to murrayfield. A quick Google shows that a sale for £20m was agreed in 2004. I bet Easter Road is worth much more than that 19 years later[emoji22]

About 60 posts in 15 years then pops up out of nowhere, a couple of days after a derby defeat, with the line about Ron selling ER for flats that Hearts fans have been peddling ever since he arrived. 🤔

cameronw-hfc
25-01-2023, 07:43 PM
He'll wait for a McGinn payday.

That pay day will most likely never come.

Ged
25-01-2023, 07:45 PM

Why does he need to buy time? What would have happened if Jeggo wasn't signed?

Real Emerald
25-01-2023, 07:49 PM
Happy to be of service

😁👍

I just don’t get it though. He doesn’t have enough money to bankroll a club like Hibs and take them to the Champions League and mega silverware, he surely doesn’t think he can make a major profit out of a Scottish football club like Hibs and he has absolutely no fanatical drive as a born and bread Hibs fan with money trying the impossible. I really just don’t, never have and never will get what possessed him to buy Hibs. He has the potential to just disappear and cut his losses.

leith lynx
25-01-2023, 07:50 PM
Maybe the chat about Johnson not getting compensation if he doesn’t make the top six is true.

Maybe Johnson won’t walk and the club are now looking to move him on without the payday.

This.

MWHIBBIES
25-01-2023, 07:57 PM
****ing hope so.

SteveHFC
25-01-2023, 07:57 PM
****ing hope so.

This.

CropleyWasGod
25-01-2023, 08:01 PM
He's probably got £5/6m invested in Hibs. There's nothing to stop him doing a Chris Robinson and selling the stadium to Cala homes, and moving to murrayfield. A quick Google shows that a sale for £20m was agreed in 2004. I bet Easter Road is worth much more than that 19 years later[emoji22]

Again. He doesn't get that money.

Golden Bear
25-01-2023, 08:11 PM
I'm not surprised but the vitriol expressed on this site towards the Club hierarchy has been way over top and not something I'd ever want to be associated with.

I'm out.

MWHIBBIES
25-01-2023, 08:20 PM
I'm not surprised but the vitriol expressed on this site towards the Club hierarchy has been way over top and not something I'd ever want to be associated with.

I'm out.

They thoroughly deserve it. Running the club into the ground.

percy veer
25-01-2023, 08:36 PM

Hardly running it into the ground, loads of fans asking for ross to be sacked which with the run he was on probably a decision made at the time looked correct, took a gamble on maloney now when I first seen this looked quite good but it was horrible and he needed punted . Biggest mistake was johnson and some terrible signing s but what board has not made some terrible signings , sold boyle and brought him back and far from running the stadium down he has improved this and still making upgrades . Think with a new director of football and a manager he chooses to work with we will be in better shape.

Trinity Hibee
25-01-2023, 08:37 PM

I'm out.

You’ve got to be joking eh? Happy to watch this club run into the ground as you don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings?

LunasBoots
25-01-2023, 08:46 PM

Any other club there would be fans protesting about what's happening, we are far to passive these days as a fan base.

green day
25-01-2023, 08:51 PM
Any other club there would be fans protesting about what's happening, we are far to passive these days as a fan base.

Like the massive (IE non existent) protests by Aberdeen fans after the most humiliating result in Scottish Cup history?

chippy
25-01-2023, 08:52 PM

I'm out.

You on the board or a family member?

LunasBoots
25-01-2023, 09:03 PM
Like the massive (IE non existent) protests by Aberdeen fans after the most humiliating result in Scottish Cup history?

Banners outside the training complex and plan on protesting at ER and future games by not attending.

I'm Spartacus
25-01-2023, 09:10 PM

I'm out.

Hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha ha

"I'm out" I hope you're Ben K or Ronnie.

I bet you're posting in the next 24 hours, 100% cannot stop.

1875Sean
25-01-2023, 09:19 PM
Be interested to know the financial results for the year, when is the agm? Have a feeling we will announce a big loss

25-01-2023, 09:23 PM
Be interested to know the financial results for the year, when is the agm? Have a feeling we will announce a big loss

Based on what?

#2 Double Tap
25-01-2023, 09:36 PM

No chance, we’ve sold too many players in the recent past to be losing money.

Stubbsy90+2
25-01-2023, 09:40 PM

I'm out.

That’s some take.

NAE NOOKIE
25-01-2023, 09:45 PM

I'm out.

Jeez mate, have you forgotten that this is fitba. This is exactly what happens when things go tits up, when it gets bad enough for long enough the last stop on the line for the 'vitriol' express is the board and the owner.

Last season we finished 8th and lost in the Scottish cup semis to Hearts.

This season we were knocked out of the league cup in a group where the next strongest team were Greenock Morton, are currently on a horrendous run of form and have just been knocked out of the Scottish cup at home 3 - 0 to Hearts. We are about to lose one of the few player in our team with a set of baws .. IE Ryan Porteous ... for nothing and just to put the tin lid on it it looks like we are about to lose the only player in our team capable of putting the ball in the net.

Its a very lucky owner indeed who doesn't end up carrying the can for a record like that.... STF got an easy ride because he saved the club and didn't make any pretence of being involved in the day to day running of it. Ron Gordon is entirely different .... On the field, the only place it really matters, we are an f'ing shambles and 3 managers in the owner and board become the common denominator.

#2 Double Tap
25-01-2023, 09:49 PM
Jeez mate, have you forgotten that this is fitba. This is exactly what happens when things go tits up, when it gets bad enough for long enough the last stop on the line for the 'vitriol' express is the board and the owner.

This season we were knocked out of the league cup in a group where the next strongest team were Greenock Morton, are currently on a horrendous run of form and have just been knocked out of the Scottish cup at home 3 - 0 to Hearts. We are about to lose one of the few player in our team with a set of baws .. IE Ryan Porteous ... for nothing and just to put the tin lid on it it looks like we are about to lose the only player in our team capable of putting the ball in the net.

Its a very lucky owner indeed who doesn't end up carrying the can for a record like that.... STF got an easy ride because he saved the club and didn't make any pretence of being involved in the day to day running of it. Ron Gordon is entirely different .... On the field, the only place it really matters, we are an f'ing shambles and 3 managers in the owner and board become the common denominator.

You are good at this.
Top marks for that reply.

GreenPJ
25-01-2023, 09:54 PM

So if we finish 6th or higher this season that is progress from last season despite losing 2 of our key players?

On the field is where it matters but the reality is that would not get any better without improving the cashflows into the club - the off field stuff had to happen, the issue is it should have been done in tandem with strengthening on the field. That hasn't happened (yet) - for me the DoF and the Summer window will tell us whether Ron believes his sustained progress and competitiveness is beyond him or not.

leith lynx
25-01-2023, 09:57 PM
Forthcoming AGM will be a tough one for Ben & co I would imagine.

25-01-2023, 09:58 PM
Forthcoming AGM will be a tough one for Ben & co I would imagine.

When is it?

truehibernian
25-01-2023, 09:59 PM
I want to know from Ron Gordon who the people were that wanted to buy the club from him - sure he said on record he’s turned away offers or rebuffed potential buyers.

I’m sure he said in a fans forum he’d had offers - if so, from who ? Were they serious and credible ?

Utterly silent, no comment about our predicament, absent landlord - the apathy around Ron Gordon is astonishing in my eyes. He simply has to be removed somehow.

leith lynx
25-01-2023, 10:00 PM
When is it?

No date, but must be due very soon.

HendoDelivered
25-01-2023, 10:01 PM
The answer to the question is no. I also believe he’s personally leading the recruitment of the new DOF what that says about BK is another matter.

That’s terrifying tbh

NAE NOOKIE
25-01-2023, 10:07 PM
So if we finish 6th or higher this season that is progress from last season despite losing 2 of our key players?

On the field is where it matters but the reality is that would not get any better without improving the cashflows into the club - the off field stuff had to happen, the issue is it should have been done in tandem with strengthening on the field. That hasn't happened (yet) - for me the DoF and the Summer window will tell us whether Ron believes his sustained progress and competitiveness is beyond him or not.

The point I was making was on the back of the poster's seeming shock at the owner getting it tight on the back of the mess we are currently in on the park. I was merely pointing out to them that this is what happens at practically every football club on earth when things start going south and if you ask me there should be a FIFA rule that anyone wanting to buy a football club should sign a document acknowledging they are fully aware that when all other targets are exhausted they will be IT.

25-01-2023, 10:08 PM

Maybe delaying it as long as possible in the hope of results picking up and/or DoF is appointed.

leith lynx
25-01-2023, 10:08 PM
I want to know from Ron Gordon who the people were that wanted to buy the club from him - sure he said on record he’s turned away offers or rebuffed potential buyers.

I’m sure he said in a fans forum he’d had offers - if so, from who ? Were they serious and credible ?

Utterly silent, no comment about our predicament, absent landlord - the apathy around Ron Gordon is astonishing in my eyes. He simply has to be removed somehow.

Fair comments but we also have to be aware that Ron Gordon's health may not be the best, hopefully he is ok, but yes, a club statement would help to clear the air a bit.

Scotty Leither
25-01-2023, 10:14 PM

I'm out.

They could maybe start by not treating the fans like half wits. The interview by Kensell after the first 3-0 reverse to them anent a new DoF was painful to watch and listen to.

Utter deflection and nothing more than that.

Nae new DoF as yet with six days of the window left, and one defensive midfield player brought in, and not a whisper about any prospective signings, all on top of a predictable cup knockout to our entitled, sneering neighbours - what are they expecting, exactly?

truehibernian
25-01-2023, 10:16 PM
The point I was making was on the back of the poster's seeming shock at the owner getting it tight on the back of the mess we are currently in on the park. I was merely pointing out to them that this is what happens at practically every football club on earth when things start going south and if you ask me there should be a FIFA rule that anyone wanting to buy a football club should sign a document acknowledging they are fully aware that when all other targets are exhausted they will be IT.

Paul McGinn, released, resigned, then sold in days
Playing an ineligible player in a national cup
Rocky signing because of a contract clause
Out the LC in the group stage
Bojang nonsense
McKirdy and Kenneh social media posts
Out the SC
Humped off Hearts twice in 2 weeks
Announcing a recruitment restructure halfway through a season
Selling two main assets before guaranteeing League safety

That kind of thing doesn’t happen at many professional clubs in half a season mate. believe me.

leith lynx
25-01-2023, 10:20 PM
Bojang nonsense
Out the SC

That kind of thing doesn’t happen at many professional clubs in half a season mate. believe me.

Could add giving Steven Bradley to Livi for nowt, never gave the boy a chance.

1875Sean
25-01-2023, 10:23 PM
No chance, we’ve sold too many players in the recent past to be losing money.

Who did we sell in the last year, Boyle? But we got him back so we didn’t really make that much money, spent money on rocky McKirdy etc, massive squad on a lot of wages, season tickets down, no real cup runs or European money, where the profit coming from?

Callum_62
25-01-2023, 10:31 PM
Who did we sell in the last year, Boyle? But we got him back so we didn’t really make that much money, spent money on rocky McKirdy etc, massive squad on a lot of wages, season tickets down, no real cup runs or European money, where the profit coming from?Doig

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Callum_62
25-01-2023, 10:32 PM
Do other clubs owners speak alot btw?

Its not something I've paid attention to but certainly never noticed either (barring a spell of A Budge statements)

25-01-2023, 10:38 PM
Who did we sell in the last year, Boyle? But we got him back so we didn’t really make that much money, spent money on rocky McKirdy etc, massive squad on a lot of wages, season tickets down, no real cup runs or European money, where the profit coming from?

We reportedly spent a lot less to buy Boyle back than we sold him for so made a healthy profit on what was effectively a 6 month loan deal. Plus the sale and buy back happened in different financial years. McKirdy and the current squad's salaries for this season won't be included in the next set of accounts. It will be the salaries for last season.

truehibernian
25-01-2023, 10:39 PM
Do other clubs owners speak alot btw?

Its not something I've paid attention to but certainly never noticed either (barring a spell of A Budge statements)

Why shouldn’t he speak ? This season isn’t over yet and it’s been yet another shambles - of course he should speak out and be a figurehead ! The very fact he’s silent contributes to the anger and malaise and doesn’t inform fans about any direction the club is going.

Utter shambles behind the scenes, well known internally and out with the club - the fans deserve answers, do you not think ?

hibee19
25-01-2023, 10:39 PM
No

25-01-2023, 10:52 PM
Why shouldn’t he speak ? This season isn’t over yet and it’s been yet another shambles - of course he should speak out and be a figurehead ! The very fact he’s silent contributes to the anger and malaise and doesn’t inform fans about any direction the club is going.

Utter shambles behind the scenes, well known internally and out with the club - the fans deserve answers, do you not think ?

We got something 2 weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/_5NSrEmU61E

truehibernian
25-01-2023, 11:00 PM
We got something 2 weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/_5NSrEmU61E

From the CEO, not the owner - Kensall is a yes man, I want to hear from Ron Gordon - the owner !

Forza Fred
25-01-2023, 11:05 PM

I too couldn't understand why Ron didn't address us punters at a time of looking for leadership and a plan to take us forward, I thought he would have.

I read on another thread that he may be ill, and while I don't know if that is true, it would perhaps explain his silence.

I wish someone would come out and reassure us that the club isn't skint...that would at least be a start.

25-01-2023, 11:24 PM
From the CEO, not the owner - Kensall is a yes man, I want to hear from Ron Gordon - the owner !

Turn off the volume, put on the subtitles and imagine it in a Peruvian/American accent.

What difference does it make which of them says it?

You are p****d off, which is fair enough, and all that would happen is you'd dissect whatever Ron said and get p*****d off all over again because it'll be nothing different to what BK has said.

loanheadhibby
26-01-2023, 12:24 AM

I'm out.

It's not been over the top.

LunasBoots
26-01-2023, 12:39 AM

Same, for a man who had been pretty vocal for such a time he's gone awfully quiet. With the AGM coming up soon I'm sure we will soon know if somethings up if Ron doesn't show up.

Stuart93
26-01-2023, 04:23 AM
It's not been over the top.

Correct.

It’s not been over the top at all.

They are being rightly criticised for doing a terrible job

chippy
26-01-2023, 04:55 AM

Can they delay it? Or even cancel it? We’re not a PLC so I think they can

Jones28
26-01-2023, 08:23 AM
Bojang nonsense
Out the SC

I'd add the now bizarre policies we seem to have gone through regarding signings.

First it was sign youngsters, develop and sell at a profit; which now seems to be sign youngsters and loan them out with zero explanation as to why.
Then it was the numbers thing that Johnson talked about in the summer; that seems to have been shunned.
Now its cutting the squad down, getting rid of dead wood and having a clear out; we're throwing the baby out with the bath water here - where the **** are goals coming from?

We'll be left with 3 strikers at the club, two under the age of 20 and one over 20 who have a combined total of 1 goal for the club.

I'm at a complete loss as to whats going on here.

Brightside
26-01-2023, 08:32 AM
Biggest ever turnover. Reducing the wage bill at pace in the last few weeks. Suddenly makes us more attractive as a business on paper. Just not very good at football.

LunasBoots
26-01-2023, 08:35 AM
I'd add the now bizarre policies we seem to have gone through regarding signings.

First it was sign youngsters, develop and sell at a profit; which now seems to be sign youngsters and loan them out with zero explanation as to why.
Then it was the numbers thing that Johnson talked about in the summer; that seems to have been shunned.
Now its cutting the squad down, getting rid of dead wood and having a clear out; we're throwing the baby out with the bath water here - where the **** are goals coming from?

We'll be left with 3 strikers at the club, two under the age of 20 and one over 20 who have a combined total of 1 goal for the club.

I'm at a complete loss as to whats going on here.

Getting rid halfway through a season for the massive summer rebuild....they've made enough mistakes at Hibs, this is probably another in a very long list.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2023, 08:40 AM
Biggest ever turnover. Reducing the wage bill at pace in the last few weeks. Suddenly makes us more attractive as a business on paper. Just not very good at football.

Would anyone be that upset if it was an exit strategy? Nothing dodgy, just an attempt to make the business look more attractive to prospective buyers.

The obvious answer is 'it depends who we got' of course but hypothetically. I don't see Gordon chucking much more money at us, something like income from hospitality is fixed for a defined period now and the football job is bigger than it has been in the best part of a decade.

I think I'd be quite happy to write this off as a bit of bizarre period in our history, acknowledge the good things achieved in some off field areas and move on.

Brightside
26-01-2023, 08:42 AM
Would anyone be that upset if it was an exit strategy? Nothing dodgy, just an attempt to make the business look more attractive to prospective buyers.

The obvious answer is 'it depends who we got' of course but hypothetically. I don't see Gordon chucking much more money at us, something like income from hospitality is fixed for a defined period now and the football job is bigger than it has been in the best part of a decade.

I think I'd be quite happy to write this off as a bit of bizarre period in our history, acknowledge the good things achieved in some off field areas and move on.

Agreed. My worry is finding a buyer. I don't think he is a well man and I think he'd be happy to sell up now.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2023, 08:43 AM

Is it true?

Hibbyradge
26-01-2023, 08:45 AM
Agreed. My worry is finding a buyer. I don't think he is a well man and I think he'd be happy to sell up now.

What makes you think he'd be happy to sell?

Hibbyradge
26-01-2023, 08:46 AM

Why would he want to buy time?

GreenCastle
26-01-2023, 08:47 AM
Bojang nonsense
Out the SC

Someone should read this out at the AGM.

Add in league cup getting beat by x2 part time teams.
Celtic losses 6-0 and 4-0
Getting beat by every team in the league
Hibs kids section next to the Dundee Utd fans recently

Constant mismanagement and surely someone is accountable ?

CropleyWasGod
26-01-2023, 08:49 AM
Why would he want to buy time?

FFS, get with it.

Buy it, give it some games, loan it out to Stenhousemuir, then sell it on to Udinese with a huge sell-on percentage.

Haven't you been listening?

Pretty Boy
26-01-2023, 08:49 AM
Is it true?

It depends if you believe the official line on when Ian Gordon started working recruitment for us. If you do then no, it's not true. If you think we were lied to then it might be true.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2023, 08:53 AM

I thought he had said the exact opposite of that.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2023, 09:00 AM
FFS, get with it.

Buy it, give it some games, loan it out to Stenhousemuir, then sell it on to Udinese with a huge sell-on percentage.

Haven't you been listening?

:greengrin

Hibbyradge
26-01-2023, 09:01 AM
It depends if you believe the official line on when Ian Gordon started working recruitment for us. If you do then no, it's not true. If you think we were lied to then it might be true.

I have no idea.

KWJ
26-01-2023, 09:11 AM
I don't understand this view that the owner of a club should be speaking regularly. It seems like folk want him to acknowledge that bad results were just that, why would he do that? It's the manager's job.

Gordon has probably come out and spoken to the media, and more importantly, to fans, about the same amount of times as STF did over 30 years. STF let Petrie do it who would pretty much only come out when he'd sacked a manager and eventually left it to Leeann which was a success but she was then criticised for not coming out more often if we lost 2 or 3 games in a row.

From when RG last came out, a few months ago, and what BK said 2 weeks ago they've put their hands up to things not working on the pitch and that they've made mistakes. They are going to change things and that includes bringing in a DoF who isn't in place yet. Okay, it'd obviously be good to have sorted that before this transfer window opened and it's a bit crap that we're approaching the end of the window and they aren't in place, especially when the Nisbet and Porteous offers need decisions.

But it's clear it's going to take months, a couple of transfer windows at least to see if they've made any improvement. In the meantime, it's a bit crap but, contrary to what you'd think reading the odd post on here, we aren't bottom of the league, and we are capable of winning a few games.

Bristolhibby
26-01-2023, 09:25 AM
This.

Then what?

J

Bristolhibby
26-01-2023, 09:29 AM
I don't understand this view that the owner of a club should be speaking regularly. It seems like folk want him to acknowledge that bad results were just that, why would he do that? It's the manager's job.

Gordon has probably come out and spoken to the media, and more importantly, to fans, about the same amount of times as STF did over 30 years. STF let Petrie do it who would pretty much only come out when he'd sacked a manager and eventually left it to Leeann which was a success but she was then criticised for not coming out more often if we lost 2 or 3 games in a row.

From when RG last came out, a few months ago, and what BK said 2 weeks ago they've put their hands up to things not working on the pitch and that they've made mistakes. They are going to change things and that includes bringing in a DoF who isn't in place yet. Okay, it'd obviously be good to have sorted that before this transfer window opened and it's a bit crap that we're approaching the end of the window and they aren't in place, especially when the Nisbet and Porteous offers need decisions.

But it's clear it's going to take months, a couple of transfer windows at least to see if they've made any improvement. In the meantime, it's a bit crap but, contrary to what you'd think reading the odd post on here, we aren't bottom of the league, and we are capable of winning a few games.

Was saying this to my old man this morning. As crap as it feels we still pop up with a number of results. Putting my neck out here, but don’t think we will be near relegation.

There’s no consistency in this league this season. 11 points off third, four off fourth.

Top six and we can all stop worrying. Most have us have been in worse scrapes than this and we are still here.

J

davhibby
26-01-2023, 09:38 AM
Someone should read this out at the AGM.

Add in league cup getting beat by x2 part time teams.
Celtic losses 6-0 and 4-0
Getting beat by every team in the league
Hibs kids section next to the Dundee Utd fans recently

Constant mismanagement and surely someone is accountable ?

I hope nobody reads yours out though. At least if you’re wanting to have a moan make it factual. On the hibs kids point that’s where it’s always been for about 20 years.

TheHarpy76
26-01-2023, 09:48 AM
That’s right, we’ve all of a sudden become a selling club during Ron Gordon’s tenure. Nisbet wants away, downed tools after we blocked his last move. It would take a reoccurrence of his injury or drop in form to us not making any money on the only remaining player in the squad that has the ability to generate us some much needed revenue for the re-build clearly needed in the summer.

To be fair, we’ve always been a selling club. Like the vast majority of teams all over the world, our players have always had their price.
What remains to be seen is if we start selling players for a price that is below their market value. I live in fear that Nisbet will be sold for a lot less than he’s worth.

26-01-2023, 10:03 AM

So you want him to breach confidentiality? Is that how you'd do it? Not a great way do conduct business, broadcast to the world who've you've turned down. Hardly going to help attract buyers when the time comes that he does want to sell will it?

Tyler Durden
26-01-2023, 10:13 AM

Biggest ever turnover and biggest wage bill for last 20 years also. Incidentally we haven't really reduced that wage bill at pace - we've loaned some players out and released some young players. Porto and Nisbet have been acknowledged previously to not be amongst the highest earners so not a material shift when they go.

Plus we've brought one in and more to come.

So don't think your point stands up.

CockneyRebel
26-01-2023, 10:13 AM
To be fair, we’ve always been a selling club. Like the vast majority of teams all over the world, our players have always had their price.
What remains to be seen is if we start selling players for a price that is below their market value. I live in fear that Nisbet will be sold for a lot less than he’s worth.

Problem with Nisbet is that he has two values, One value for when he gives a s**t and another for when he doesn't. Nisbet staying till the end of the season with a petted lip will be as much use as he was after we vetoed the Birmingham move. Nisbet putting himself in the shop window sees a completely different character.
I know how much difference a Nisbet who is trying would be worth to us till the end of the season but which Nisbet will turn up?
Price for a good Nisbet £3m. Bad Nisbet ?
If it was my decision to make I would (very reluctantly) sell him now.

BroxburnHibee
26-01-2023, 10:21 AM
I thought he had said the exact opposite of that.

Yeah, I'm sure it was a reply to that twat McClauchlin he said that the club would always be for sale at the right price but as yet no one had offered.

I'm paraphrasing but it was along those lines.

7.40 minutes into this interview.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzK7HfKaFQs

Brightside
26-01-2023, 10:26 AM
Biggest ever turnover and biggest wage bill for last 20 years also. Incidentally we haven't really reduced that wage bill at pace - we've loaned some players out and released some young players. Porto and Nisbet have been acknowledged previously to not be amongst the highest earners so not a material shift when they go.

Plus we've brought one in and more to come.

So don't think your point stands up.

Loaning and releasing players does reduce the wage bill. Removing Greg McEwan reduces the wage bill. Compared to 2 months ago our wage bill will be a lot less.

He's gambled on bringing in a bunch of players on inflated wages. Its not worked. He's cleaning the decks.

I've no idea if he is selling but he is certainly looking to reduce previously reported outgoings. I'd also question why the DoF role was only talked about and not a urgent role to fill. Classic smoke and mirrors. I think we are a mess right now and the only thing they have got right is the hospitality and sponsorships.

Tyler Durden
26-01-2023, 10:33 AM
Loaning and releasing players does reduce the wage bill. Removing Greg McEwan reduces the wage bill. Compared to 2 months ago our wage bill will be a lot less.

He's gambled on bringing in a bunch of players on inflated wages. Its not worked. He's cleaning the decks.

I've no idea if he is selling but he is certainly looking to reduce previously reported outgoings. I'd also question why the DoF role was only talked about and not a urgent role to fill. Classic smoke and mirrors. I think we are a mess right now and the only thing they have got right is the hospitality and sponsorships.

Kenneh and Melkersen will be back with us in the summer, with several years left on their contracts.

Our wage bill will already be above the target ratio anyway. Surely anyone can see that, given the money spent in the last year. Does anyone disagree that we needed to reduce the squad?

None of that is related to trying to make us a more attractive option as a club to buy, as you had suggested.

I don't think anyone would dispute that things are a mess. Hence we need a DOF.

May21/05/16
26-01-2023, 10:52 AM

But it's clear it's going to take months, a couple of transfer windows at least to see if they've made any improvement. In the meantime, it's a bit crap but, contrary to what you'd think reading the odd post on here, we aren't bottom of the league, and we are capable of winning a few games.Agree

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

hibsforeurope
26-01-2023, 11:26 AM
I hope nobody reads yours out though. At least if you’re wanting to have a moan make it factual. On the hibs kids point that’s where it’s always been for about 20 years.

It can't have been, Ron only started up the Hibs Kids this season :greengrin

I'm Spartacus
26-01-2023, 12:15 PM
How can you search for all your old posts?

I'm asking as I referenced a conversation ages that Ron had with some very prominent fans about his plans to just make his money back from the club, that got slated and I'm sure I named the fans involved. One being a big Labour man who sponsored the Hibs Kids back in the day. I just want to see what I said and how true this has actually played out, I took absolute pelters.

Jones28
26-01-2023, 12:26 PM
How can you search for all your old posts?

I'm asking as I referenced a conversation ages that Ron had with some very prominent fans about his plans to just make his money back from the club, that got slated and I'm sure I named the fans involved. One being a big Labour man who sponsored the Hibs Kids back in the day. I just want to see what I said and how true this has actually played out, I took absolute pelters.

If you remember when it was you can go in to your profile and look for your old posts. Might take a while to scroll back.

I'm Spartacus
26-01-2023, 12:30 PM
If you remember when it was you can go in to your profile and look for your old posts. Might take a while to scroll back.

I can only go back to the 4th Jan 23 :(

MagicSwirlingShip
26-01-2023, 12:32 PM
Look back across the forum.

Most of us expected to see Porto & Nisbet leave. I’m surprised they have both stayed this long.

What’s disappointing is the lack of succession planning. This of course hasn’t been helped by the managerial changes and recruitment disaster.

We have publicly advertised the DOF role. We have lots of young promising youngsters coming through.

We’re miles off where we want to be. But I don’t see any evidence of RG wanting to cash out.