PDA

View Full Version : 7 days of the window - what does a positive outcome look like?

Jones28
25-01-2023, 06:47 AM
Anyone?

Frankly I don’t know anymore.

Stubbsy90+2
25-01-2023, 06:52 AM
Centre half that’ll start every game, 2 if Porteous goes
Centre mid that’ll start every game

No chance of it happening though. No doubt in my mind we’ve wrote this season off.

thebausburst
25-01-2023, 06:53 AM
Anything other than keeping Nisbet is a complete disaster let’s be honest.

Unseen work
25-01-2023, 06:56 AM
Rocky not being injured
Nisbet not being sold
Porteous adequately replaced (accepted the fact he’ll go)
Attacking midfielder
Striker

Mikey_1875
25-01-2023, 06:56 AM
Realistically mines would be keeping Nisbet, Signing a centre half and also someone who can affect the game in attacking areas (any position).

Can see the first two happening but maybe not the latter. Longer term there is obviously a lot more that needs changed but with a week to go I think that’s achievable.

McGruber
25-01-2023, 07:15 AM
Nisbet stays
Centre Half - x2 if Porteous goes
Solid box to box or attacking mid
Players coming in being experienced leader types
Good news on Rocky injury
DOF in
Most importantly LJ gone

bingo70
25-01-2023, 07:19 AM
1 x centre half, 2 if Porto is sold.

1 x attacking midfielder, a really good, skillfull one that offers a goal threat. More Latapy than Keenan.

1 x winger that offers a goal threat.

1 x striker to replace Nisbet if he’s sold.

Chances of getting all of the above, slim to none.

#2 Double Tap
25-01-2023, 08:11 AM
rb, cb(left footed), lb, cm, st (target man type) and if Porto goes another cb, and nisbet goes another striker.

Torto7062
25-01-2023, 08:24 AM
Fk me where do I start

Right Back
Left Back
2 x C Half's
1 C Midfielder
2 xStrikers

1 x Motivational Coach
1 x Physiological Coach
1 x Director of Football

1 x C..E.O

Stadium corners filled in
Announce 90/91 style tops

Announce affiliation with Man City for players
Announce Stadium Expansion with a closed roof for Concerts and Boxing events.

Apart from that then it's a disaster 😉🤣

#2 Double Tap
25-01-2023, 08:37 AM
Fk me where do I start

Right Back
Left Back
2 x C Half's
1 C Midfielder
2 xStrikers

1 x Motivational Coach
1 x Physiological Coach
1 x Director of Football

1 x C..E.O

You missed the new manager, how the actual f.

25-01-2023, 08:40 AM

He is the current manager. 🤔

GreenCastle
25-01-2023, 08:42 AM
Rocky getting injured (any latest here?) was the last thing we needed.

We basically need x2 CB’s minimum - if Porto leaves then being left with Hanlon and Fish gives me the fear.

Right back is an issue.

Left back also an issue.

Centre Midfield - well Jeggo was a bit of desperation before the derby but we need more in midfield.

If Nisbet goes or gets injured we are in trouble too.

What a total mess - we may just have to start playing younger players like the Williamson days and hope they develop over time.

One Day Soon
25-01-2023, 08:50 AM
A manager who looks and sounds like he knows what he's doing, gives a ****, radiates energy and enthusiasm and gives leadership to both the squad and the fans. I want someone who within weeks can give the players we've got (no matter how good or bad they are) a degree of swagger and intent. When our team steps off the bus they need to look like they are here to **** you up one way or another and they need to be thinking that in their own heads.

Signings that fix the spine of the team or indicate that we have started to do so. A CB, a midfield playmaker, another striker.

Offload more of the squad we currently have.

Signings that bring in more pace, more dig and build a stronger mental resilience.

Sign a captain. Sign a captain. Sign a captain. Did I mention that we need to sign a captain?

Oh and buy us at least one proper player. Not necessarily a 'marquee' signing but a proper player. The kind you have to really sell the club and city to in order to get them to even think about it, the kind who it hurts the wallet to have on board, the kind that makes other teams think '****, how did they get him?'.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2023, 09:00 AM
In an ideal world

Keep Porteous until the end of the season
Keep Nisbet
New RB
New CB
New CM
New manager

In reality:

New CB
Keep Nisbet

The former could actually see us looking upwards if the quality was right. The latter should see us avoid getting dragged into any trouble but would be an admission the season is a write off.

Alfred E Newman
25-01-2023, 09:04 AM
I can't say I am bothered one way or another.

heid the baw
25-01-2023, 09:07 AM
Keep Nisbit to avoid getting dragged down to the relegation part the league
As for the rest, wait til the end of season when we have a DoF and possibly a new manager. I don't trust this lot to buy anyone half decent and most of the availability in Jan window is not great

jeffers
25-01-2023, 09:10 AM
The clown in charge sacked.

GreenCastle
25-01-2023, 09:12 AM
A manager who looks and sounds like he knows what he's doing, gives a ****, radiates energy and enthusiasm and gives leadership to both the squad and the fans. I want someone who within weeks can give the players we've got (no matter how good or bad they are) a degree of swagger and intent. When our team steps off the bus they need to look like they are here to **** you up one way or another and they need to be thinking that in their own heads.

Signings that fix the spine of the team or indicate that we have started to do so. A CB, a midfield playmaker, another striker.

Signings that bring in more pace, more dig and build a stronger mental resilience.

Sign a captain. Sign a captain. Sign a captain. Did I mention that we need to sign a captain?

Oh and buy us at least one proper player. Not necessarily a 'marquee' signing but a proper player. The kind you have to really sell the club and city to in order to get them to even think about it, the kind who it hurts the wallet to have on board, the kind that makes other teams think '****, how did they get him?'.

Exactly.

Said for few seasons we don’t have a proper captain.

Hopefully the recruitment team have the stats for leadership qualities !!!

darwenhibby
25-01-2023, 09:16 AM

Which clown ??
There’s 4 of them and possibly a senior clown in America

Is It On....
25-01-2023, 09:18 AM
Anyone?

Pep in, Johnson out 👍

Back in the real world, success at this point in the season is not getting dragged into a relegation fight. With the current squad that means we need to keep Nisbet and hope he stays fit. On a longer term note, sometime in the first quarter we need to appoint a Director of Football that can drive a change in the recruitment strategy. An early hire means he has time to assess what needs to be changed by the summer.

Basildon Hibs
25-01-2023, 09:20 AM

This-plus a couple of skilful, hard *******s in midfield.

Ship out the dross, too.

Northernhibee
25-01-2023, 09:24 AM
Johnson, Ian Gordon, and Ben Kensell resigning and Ron Gordon announcing that the club is up for sale.

tonyrougier123
25-01-2023, 09:26 AM

Hurts the wallet initially but pays for himself in the longer term.👍🏻

loanheadhibby
25-01-2023, 09:30 AM
I can't say I am bothered one way or another.

Same here. Our business should have been done before last weekend irrespective of when the window closes.

We're out the cup and can pretty much write off the season other than a late push for Europe.

RossScott1991
25-01-2023, 09:34 AM
Do we really want to scramble about panic signing players just for another new manager to come in to these guys? Might just need to promote 3/4 young lads and go with what we’ve got. Hit reset button in the summer.

We are in no state to be trusting club to sign anyone decent. I will be happy if our only new signings are a manager and a DOF leading into the summer

bingo70
25-01-2023, 09:37 AM
Same here. Our business should have been done before last weekend irrespective of when the window closes.

We're out the cup and can pretty much write off the season other than a late push for Europe.

We’re absolutely not clear of relegation yet so the seasons not written off just yet.

In terms of who we bring in, I think the market we’re shopping in, the best players won’t be available as nobody is out of contract this month. I’m just going to say it but my gut feeling is anybody we bring in will be bang average at best.

I think there’s good young players we could get on loan from down south but that’s not the market we’re looking at and I understand why as they come with a big risk.

The idea we could transition from a bloated squad, get rid of the deadwood and replace it with high quality is the manager day dreaming. It’s not going to happen mid season and instead of hoping to make wholesale changes this month we should have focused on getting more out of the players currently in the squad by playing people in their right positions, not writing them off as deadwood and calling out their lack of football intelligence.

Trinity Hibee
25-01-2023, 09:43 AM
Do we really want to scramble about panic signing players just for another new manager to come in to these guys? Might just need to promote 3/4 young lads and go with what we’ve got. Hit reset button in the summer.

We are in no state to be trusting club to sign anyone decent. I will be happy if our only new signings are a manager and a DOF leading into the summer

Agree. We can’t be signing anyone permanently until the summer otherwise all of this just continues on. Unless some real quality was to become available that we could get (in the mould of mcginn, nisbet) then there should be no permanent signings. As others have said January typically isn’t the month quality is available in our price range

Keyser Sauzee
25-01-2023, 09:46 AM
I said on another thread that we only have to get a maximum of 9 points, probably less, in the next 16 games to avoid the playoffs and I think we’ll get that even if we lose Nisbet and Porto. With that being said if we can get £2m+ for Nisbet and a good sell on for Porto then I wouldn’t be that bothered if they went. I don’t want the club to let the recruitment team to waste any more cash on their ***** signings so I’m content to write off this season as I don’t think there’s any way we’re realistically getting 4th. Once the DoF comes in we can hopefully use the money received for Nisbet and the money saved on not signing more pish in January for a complete overhaul. Feel so much apathy towards us right now.

sauzeelegod
25-01-2023, 09:51 AM
2 CB’s
2 CM’s

Onceinawhile
25-01-2023, 09:57 AM
Cabraja and cadden out.

Megwa and mcintyre in.

New LCB
New Central midfielder who can chip in with goals and assists.

LunasBoots
25-01-2023, 10:04 AM
I'd be surprised if we signed more than 1 player in all honesty, multiple positions need filled but can't see it until the summer.

hibee-boys
25-01-2023, 10:07 AM
I said on another thread that we only have to get a maximum of 9 points, probably less, in the next 16 games to avoid the playoffs and I think we’ll get that even if we lose Nisbet and Porto. With that being said if we can get £2m+ for Nisbet and a good sell on for Porto then I wouldn’t be that bothered if they went. I don’t want the club to let the recruitment team to waste any more cash on their ***** signings so I’m content to write off this season as I don’t think there’s any way we’re realistically getting 4th. Once the DoF comes in we can hopefully use the money received for Nisbet and the money saved on not signing more pish in January for a complete overhaul. Feel so much apathy towards us right now.

I get what you’re saying but irrespective of how sxxxx we’ve played 4th is still very much up for grabs. On that basis, unless a ridiculous offer for Nisbet comes in, we sell him early in the summer.

loanheadhibby
25-01-2023, 10:33 AM
We’re absolutely not clear of relegation yet so the seasons not written off just yet.

In terms of who we bring in, I think the market we’re shopping in, the best players won’t be available as nobody is out of contract this month. I’m just going to say it but my gut feeling is anybody we bring in will be bang average at best.

I think there’s good young players we could get on loan from down south but that’s not the market we’re looking at and I understand why as they come with a big risk.

The idea we could transition from a bloated squad, get rid of the deadwood and replace it with high quality is the manager day dreaming. It’s not going to happen mid season and instead of hoping to make wholesale changes this month we should have focused on getting more out of the players currently in the squad by playing people in their right positions, not writing them off as deadwood and calling out their lack of football intelligence.

I did not really want to mention relegation as I have a slight reputation on here as being overly negative. I agree that is a possible scenario (for the 2nd season in a row I hasten to add).

Totally agree about the bloated squad reduction as well. It's the one chink of light that I think maybe LJ should be given to the end of the season. He can obviously see the current squad is not good enough and slowly but surely he is shipping them out. Whether he can do it quickly enough to save his own job, I am not so sure.

I honestly don't think we will do much business this window as the club are caught between backing or sacking LJ. I can see a scenario of LJ staying in place until DoF is in place, see if they can work together towards end of season.

SickBoy32
25-01-2023, 10:54 AM
Retain Porto and Nisbet

Bin Kensell

Finish the season as strongly as possible, keep as many STs as we can, and go into next season armed with a competent football structure and a reasonable transfer kitty from the aforementioned STs (+ a fee for KN)

bingo70
25-01-2023, 10:59 AM
I did not really want to mention relegation as I have a slight reputation on here as being overly negative. I agree that is a possible scenario (for the 2nd season in a row I hasten to add).

Totally agree about the bloated squad reduction as well. It's the one chink of light that I think maybe LJ should be given to the end of the season. He can obviously see the current squad is not good enough and slowly but surely he is shipping them out. Whether he can do it quickly enough to save his own job, I am not so sure.

I honestly don't think we will do much business this window as the club are caught between backing or sacking LJ. I can see a scenario of LJ staying in place until DoF is in place, see if they can work together towards end of season.

Agree with all of that.

LJ clearly not being sacked this week, that doesn’t mean his job is safe forever though. We’ve got 3 really difficult fixtures coming up, he’ll need at least a win in one of those and I don’t see that as a given.

I can understand the club being reluctant to replace him but this can’t go indefinitely.

JohnM1875
25-01-2023, 11:03 AM
I'd be surprised if we signed more than 1 player in all honesty, multiple positions need filled but can't see it until the summer.

Think the same. Been raging all window about lack of transfer activity and now I'm so done with it.

Clear we're going what what we have and will get one CB in, probably on loan.

Steve20
25-01-2023, 11:14 AM
Sign a decent right back, left back, 2 centre halves, 2 midfielders and a striker (2 if Nisbet goes)

Replace the manager with someone who isn't useless

And find someone to buy the club from Ron Gordon.

What we'll probably get - a loan signing from Middlesbrough and a fringe player from Colchester.

Stonewall
25-01-2023, 11:16 AM
Fk me where do I start

Right Back
Left Back
2 x C Half's
1 C Midfielder
2 xStrikers

1 x Motivational Coach
1 x Physiological Coach
1 x Director of Football

1 x C..E.O

You missed out counselling for supporters.

Hibs3-2
25-01-2023, 11:19 AM
Provided rockys finished for the season and nisbet/porto are sold:

2 CBs
1 CM
1 ST

Myko still to come back

Marshall
Cadden CB CB stevenson/cabreja
Youan Jeggo CM mcgeady
Myko ST

If we keep porto and nisbet then obv they go into the 11

Still think we should offload a few too

Greenworld
25-01-2023, 11:19 AM
Rocky getting injured (any latest here?) was the last thing we needed.

We basically need x2 CB’s minimum - if Porto leaves then being left with Hanlon and Fish gives me the fear.

Right back is an issue.

Left back also an issue.

Centre Midfield - well Jeggo was a bit of desperation before the derby but we need more in midfield.

If Nisbet goes or gets injured we are in trouble too.

What a total mess - we may just have to start playing younger players like the Williamson days and hope they develop over time.Yes on Rocky, the hospital know but have told hibs they will tell them what's wrong when Hibs tell the fans wtf is going on

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Hibs3-2
25-01-2023, 11:20 AM
Then over next few months appoint a proper DOF, have his manager ready to go for next season (provided its not LJ). Have transfer policy in place and begin looking for recruits

Don Giovanni
25-01-2023, 11:38 AM
A dream window would look something like:
Keep Porto
Keep Nisbet
(we'll not bring in better so we'll be weaker without them)

Add CB
Add RB
Add LB
Add CM
(These are all still priorities - we are so poor and lack depth across the back line and in need of quality in midfield)

Get Kukarhevych back from injury and available for the squad.
(I think he looked decent and we need some sort of goal threat to compete with Kevin)

Sadly, I don't think our transfer business will look anything like like the above

I'm Spartacus
25-01-2023, 11:41 AM
Shift Porto for £100k
Sell Nisbet for £3.5M

And spend every single penny on the first team, yes we lose Kevin's goals but these goals mean nothing if we are leaking like a sinking ship at the back, and Nisbet we can see will leave for nothing.

Buy 3 huge defenders
A commanding ball winning midfielder
And a striker who can put himself about

5 players no younger than 29, all having at least 150 games under their belt

No development players, no wee boys like McKirdy.

I'm Spartacus
25-01-2023, 11:42 AM
A dream window would look something like:
Keep Porto
Keep Nisbet
(we'll not bring in better so we'll be weaker without them)

Add CB
Add RB
Add LB
Add CM
(These are all still priorities - we are so poor and lack depth across the back line and in need of quality in midfield)

Get Kukarhevych back from injury and available for the squad.
(I think he looked decent and we need some sort of goal threat to compete with Kevin)

Sadly, I don't think our transfer business will look anything like like the above

Shift Porto for £100k
Sell Nisbet for £3.5M

And spend every single penny on the first team, yes we lose Kevin's goals but these goals mean nothing if we are leaking like a sinking ship at the back, and Nisbet we can see will leave for nothing.

Buy 3 huge defenders

We've said the same but are going about it a totally different way!

I just don't see how we can afford to keep both and also bring in the quality and numbers we need.

chippy
25-01-2023, 11:43 AM
Provided rockys finished for the season and nisbet/porto are sold:

2 CBs
1 CM
1 ST

Myko still to come back

Marshall
Cadden CB CB stevenson/cabreja
Youan Jeggo CM mcgeady
Myko ST

If we keep porto and nisbet then obv they go into the 11

Still think we should offload a few too
I’d agree with young lads, Blaney, Laidlaw, O’Connor, Aitken, Megwa, Hamilton on the bench

MrRobot
25-01-2023, 11:48 AM
Sign 2 centre backs and an attack minded midfielder.

Bonus, get Myko on a permanent contract.

j'adorehibs
25-01-2023, 11:58 AM
2 center halfs - one left footed
a left back
a right back
2 midfileders - defensive and a baller
2 strikers if nisbet goes 1 if we can keep myko

a whole team basically

im keeping marshall youan and boyle

dont care about the rest

Torto7062
25-01-2023, 12:07 PM

Couldn't think who to replace him...maybe Basil Brush 🤣

Squealing pig
25-01-2023, 12:08 PM
Get martindale in asap

Torto7062
25-01-2023, 12:08 PM
You missed out counselling for supporters.

I think we're past counselling mate lol

One Day Soon
25-01-2023, 12:20 PM
Anyone?

At the moment I would have to say the answer to your 'what does a positive outcome look like?' is:

Not this

Don Giovanni
25-01-2023, 12:34 PM
We've said the same but are going about it a totally different way!

I just don't see how we can afford to keep both and also bring in the quality and numbers we need.

I wasn't taking wage / transfer budget into account! :greengrin:

Just want us to get better at football and it's hard to see how letting Porto and Nesbit move makes us any better on the pitch in the short term (appreciate re-investing the fees may allow us to bring in new players but not convince the last week of the January window is the best time to do this, especially in our current state)

ehf
25-01-2023, 12:51 PM
7 days of the window - what does a positive outcome look like?

#Announce Widlin Calixte: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widlin_Calixte

Dunbar Hibee
25-01-2023, 01:09 PM
Shift Porto for £100k
Sell Nisbet for £3.5M

Buy 3 huge defenders

100k?

I'm Spartacus
25-01-2023, 01:29 PM
100k?

What's his stock worth? He's about to sign a pre-contract if we don't move him on in the next 6 days, as each day passes our 'cash out' goes down.

I would bring in the following, picking off some fellow SPL players:

Oblieye from Livi
Mugabi from Motherwell
I'd try and bring Gogic back
Fletcher from Dundee United
Levitt from Dundee United

3 big players at the back, a big goal scorer and a very talented midfielder to sit in that strong group to ply his magic with protection.

Jones28
25-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Looks like Nisbet could well be away.

This is a complete joke.

I'm Spartacus
25-01-2023, 01:41 PM
Looks like Nisbet could well be away.

This is a complete joke.

We do need the funds to sort the team out, if he's not signing a new contract then he has to go, or we have another Porto on our hands.

18 months to go, "Are you re-signing? No? Ok, we need to move you on and strengthen."

Jones28
25-01-2023, 01:44 PM
We do need the funds to sort the team out, if he's not signing a new contract then he has to go, or we have another Porto on our hands.

18 months to go, "Are you re-signing? No? Ok, we need to move you on and strengthen."

If he goes and we don't replace him we really are ****ed.

Seriously.

I'm Spartacus
25-01-2023, 01:48 PM
If he goes and we don't replace him we really are ****ed.

Seriously.

Ohhhh we absolutely have to bring in a top top loan replacement, we do not have the funds to buy a new Kevin Nisbett, we should be scouting the Premiership fringe players.

If we do not try to replace him then it's the final nail in the coffin of all the suit wearing fandangoes of Easter Road.

Hibernian Verse
25-01-2023, 02:00 PM
What's his stock worth? He's about to sign a pre-contract if we don't move him on in the next 6 days, as each day passes our 'cash out' goes down.

I would bring in the following, picking off some fellow SPL players:

Oblieye from Livi
Mugabi from Motherwell
I'd try and bring Gogic back
Fletcher from Dundee United
Levitt from Dundee United

3 big players at the back, a big goal scorer and a very talented midfielder to sit in that strong group to ply his magic with protection.

Lay off the ganj

SickBoy32
25-01-2023, 02:02 PM
Lay off the ganj

Sadly he'd improve our squad - and would likely have started at the weekend

Remarkable how badly the last 12 / 18 months have been in terms of squad management

Is It On....
25-01-2023, 02:04 PM
Retain Porto and Nisbet

Bin Kensell

Finish the season as strongly as possible, keep as many STs as we can, and go into next season armed with a competent football structure and a reasonable transfer kitty from the aforementioned STs (+ a fee for KN)

Our problems relate to the Football Recruitment Department. In my opinion, you can only really consider removing Kensell if you believe that he was responsible for replacing Mathie with Ian Gordon as Head of Recruitment which I find hard to believe.

We know to this is where our real problems lie and any credible DoF appointment will insist on their ability to manage changes as required. If the current Head of Recruitment is protected, we have real problems

I'm Spartacus
25-01-2023, 02:07 PM
Lay off the ganj

Honestly you should try it, it takes the real pain away!

I do think Gogic has improved at St Mirren and is also like an absolute battering ram.

Torto7
25-01-2023, 02:27 PM
Bin LJ asap. I'm not usually one for nostalgia but I'd be interested in a Stubbs return under a good DOF. If not Stubbs then McInnes. Say what you want about McInnes but he's had success before at our level and seeing the shambles after he left Pittodrie makes him seem even better.

Sell Nisbet and RP. Bin Mitchell, KM etc I'm sick of the constant injuries. Gut all the excess fat from the squad.

Sign a few players on loan, get to the end of the season implementing some of the yoof then go again in the summer.

lyonhibs
25-01-2023, 02:41 PM
A win against Aberdeen tbh. Some shabby last minute loan signings who'll play 3 games each is all we'll get if previous Jan windows are anything to go by

I'm Spartacus
25-01-2023, 08:35 PM
Shift Porto for £100k
Sell Nisbet for £3.5M

Buy 3 huge defenders

Well, i'm off to a bad start :( £1.1M-£1.5M down on my kitty for fixing this mess.