PDA

View Full Version : Millwall in talks for Nisbet

Percy Vere
24-01-2023, 05:17 PM
Can Hibs possibly allow Nisbet to go for a pittance £1m according to reports. Surely not! Why would you want to go to Millwall other than for a pay rise which he should be getting offered anyway from Hibs.
Surely he’s worth £3-£4m with 18 months on his contract.

Jim44
24-01-2023, 05:26 PM
I sense a real problem coming up for us with this one. After his disappointment a while back in not getting a move, I think we could have a seriously disillusioned player on our hands. If KN fancied a move away from ER, and the present shambles we are in suggests he will, I think we’ll have no other option, other than to let him go for as much as we can get.

Smartie
24-01-2023, 05:34 PM
I sense a real problem coming up for us with this one. After his disappointment a while back in not getting a move, I think we could have a seriously disillusioned player on our hands. If KN fancied a move away from ER, and the present shambles we are in suggests he will, I think we’ll have no other option, other than to let him go for as much as we can get.

I agree.

We’re not in a strong position here.

I’m not likely to give Hibs too much of a kicking if the outcome isn’t too much to our liking.

In all likelihood Nisbet will have had his agent alerting clubs to the fact that we are in a relatively vulnerable position and open to being lowballed.

Mcbizz1998
24-01-2023, 05:37 PM
Can Hibs possibly allow Nisbet to go for a pittance £1m according to reports. Surely not! Why would you want to go to Millwall other than for a pay rise which he should be getting offered anyway from Hibs.

Why not? More money, gets to live in London, Millwall doing well in the Championship. He won’t get many better offers than that.

Colr
24-01-2023, 05:39 PM
Why not? More money, gets to live in London, Millwall doing well in the Championship. He won’t get many better offers than that.

Living in London’s great but playing for Millwall?

Hibs90
24-01-2023, 05:39 PM

Rubbish. Journalist on the wind up.

Mcbizz1998
24-01-2023, 05:40 PM
Living in London’s great but playing for Millwall?

What’s wrong with Millwall? Not the biggest club but pushing for play off in the championship - Nisbet isn’t that good, he won’t get much better than that at this stage.

McGruber
24-01-2023, 06:07 PM

If the offer is a million - we get a million for him easy in the summer so there would be no point. Would have to be a decent bid to take him now

Percy Vere
24-01-2023, 06:57 PM
If the offer is a million - we get a million for him easy in the summer so there would be no point. Would have to be a decent bid to take him now

Apparently knocked back. But possibly this is just the start.
If he’s agitating for a move we can maybe get decent money now and a sell on clause. Reuse some if it to bring a decent frontman in.

Alfred E Newman
24-01-2023, 07:36 PM
Apparently knocked back. But possibly this is just the start.
If he’s agitating for a move we can maybe get decent money now and a sell on clause. Reuse some if it to bring a decent frontman in.
The trouble is the frontman we bring in will be a fraction of the value and quality of Nisbet and so the downward spiral continues.

Colr
24-01-2023, 07:37 PM

Has RG got a track record for asset-stripping his acquisitions?

Basildon Hibs
24-01-2023, 07:38 PM

Who the **** would want to live in London !!??

GreenPJ
24-01-2023, 07:40 PM
Has RG got a track record for asset-stripping his acquisitions?

Definitely and he always sells them on the cheap. :rolleyes:

Colr
24-01-2023, 07:42 PM
What’s wrong with Millwall? Not the biggest club but pushing for play off in the championship - Nisbet isn’t that good, he won’t get much better than that at this stage.

******s. That’s was wrong with them.

ErinGoBraghHFC
24-01-2023, 07:45 PM
Who the **** would want to live in London !!??

True, ****hole. I’d rather live in the Helmand Province than London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leith Green
24-01-2023, 07:53 PM
This all reminds me of us losing stokes and bamba back in 2010-11 .. I think we lost them over 2 different windows , but it really does feel similar circumstances.. Both our only sellable assets, and pretty much our only players of any real quality . Both of whom are running out of contract and showing no willingness to renew.

Was it darryl duffy and david stephens (possibly wrong) who replaced them?
I really hope we aren’t going to end up losing quality and making do with replacements of a similar ilk..