PDA

View Full Version : Millwall for Nizzy then…Deal off?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Torto7062
24-01-2023, 05:13 PM
Get the contract extension signed now then

LaMotta
24-01-2023, 05:15 PM
£1million+

Joke of a fee

Its just a bid. And it will be laughed at like Dr Evil when he tried to hold the world to ransom for 1 milllion dollars.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-01-2023, 05:17 PM
Lol, beat it 😄

Percy Vere
24-01-2023, 05:21 PM
£1million+

Joke of a fee
Just started a thread same time. Saying the same thing.
That’s a joke if true. Plus Dunfermline will be getting their percentage.
Any hope we had of a Euro place (slim anyway) will be out the door along with Nisbet. Also speaks volumes about the clubs overall aspirations.
Unless he wants away and this is the beginning of getting interest in him.

Percy Vere
24-01-2023, 05:21 PM
Its just a bid. And it will be laughed at like Dr Evil when he tried to hold the world to ransom for 1 milllion dollars.

Hope you are right

Torto7062
24-01-2023, 05:23 PM

He ain't signing a new deal so Hibs will cash in mate

HarpOnHibee
24-01-2023, 05:24 PM

We'll all be laughing (the fans). But will Mr American Moneybags be laughing with us? Wish I could say I was sure.

Torto7062
24-01-2023, 05:25 PM
If he does go you got to wonder who we bring in

LaMotta
24-01-2023, 05:26 PM
Hope you are right

As unimpressed as I've been with board decisions at Hibs over the last 13 months, they cannot be stupid enough to entertain a bid like that.

Would be a good move for Nisbet, (team chasing promotion to the EPL, living in London, great wage) but not until the summer, and not at that price.

LaMotta
24-01-2023, 05:28 PM
He ain't signing a new deal so Hibs will cash in mate

We'll all be laughing (the fans). But will Mr American Moneybags be laughing with us? Wish I could say I was sure.

Of course we will cash in, but it wont be in this window and not for that price. If it happens ill be utterly amazed.

LunasBoots
24-01-2023, 05:31 PM

At this rate, nobody

24-01-2023, 05:36 PM

Doidge (as long as LJ hasn't got him earmarked for centre-back after reading the thread on here).

CB Hibs 68
24-01-2023, 05:37 PM
That is a joke fee if true.What is it with English clubs when buying Scottish players.A million down there doesn’t get you a school boy but up here it is all a Scottish internationalist who is scoring goals is worth.Hibs better not let him go this window or folk who think our season is over better think again as a relegation battle is looming.And by the way does anyone know how Rocky is doing?

Billy Whizz
24-01-2023, 05:38 PM
Doidge (as long as LJ hasn't got him earmarked for centre-back after reading the thread on here).

Do we have an option to bring him back in this window?
The fact we allowed him to play in the Scottish cup, may suggest otherwise

Torto7062
24-01-2023, 05:40 PM
Do we have an option to bring him back in this window?
The fact we allowed him to play in the Scottish cup, may suggest otherwise

Has he scored while in loan ?

LunasBoots
24-01-2023, 05:42 PM
Maybe hibs and Nisbet have an agreement in place after not allowing him to leave for Birminham.

Springbank
24-01-2023, 05:42 PM
It says we have held a conversation

This is an example of a conversation

Millwall - we bid £1m

Us - we talk at £3.2m but thanks,for the call

Phone down

A conversation has taken place

Daniel 1875
24-01-2023, 05:45 PM
Evening news reporting the bid is set to be rejected

Jones28
24-01-2023, 05:47 PM

What? It hasnt already been knocked back?

I reckon we need a run up to give it booting it deserves.

Mrimbetween
24-01-2023, 05:58 PM
Say they offer is upped to around around £ 2million and accepted , who the **** will replace Nisbet ??

Northernhibee
24-01-2023, 05:59 PM
Say they offer is upped to around around £ 2million and accepted , who the **** will replace Nisbet ??
Some sixteen year old from the Latvian fourth division reserves with amazing stats, bro.

timewilltell
24-01-2023, 06:03 PM
It says we have held a conversation

This is an example of a conversation

Millwall - we bid £1m

Us - we talk at £3.2m but thanks,for the call

Phone down

A conversation has taken place

No way we are getting £3.2 million. Nowhere near.

thebausburst
24-01-2023, 06:08 PM

Why not, full international on fire with a year and a half left on his contract, not 6 months! Easy worth 3m all day long.

tamig
24-01-2023, 06:09 PM

Think is was hypothetical 🙄

bingo70
24-01-2023, 06:14 PM

Add ons are the money maker for a club like us selling Nisbet down south. There’s every chance we’ll get £3.2m for him, it just won’t be all up front and unconditional.

Scotty Leither
24-01-2023, 06:19 PM
IF he goes this window, it kind of tells you Gordon is wanting out, for me, and if he does go then Gordon, and nobody else, needs to front up to the media and tell us what the **** is going on at our club.

Nae puff piece from Kensell on Hibs TV, an interview on national media from the organ grinder.

Bronson
24-01-2023, 06:21 PM
I’d sell him this window but the price is £3-4m. He still has 18 months on his contract thats not insignificant so we’re not under any pressure to take the cash and run. £1m is an absolute insult.

We’d get through till end of the season with big myk, mckirdy and would give laidlaw and o’connor a chance. Season is pretty much a write off anyway.

Iain G
24-01-2023, 06:26 PM
I’d sell him this window but the price is £3-4m. He still has 18 months on his contract thats not insignificant so we’re not under any pressure to take the cash and run. £1m is an absolute insult.

We’d get through till end of the season with big myk, mckirdy and would give laidlaw and o’connor a chance. Season is pretty much a write off anyway.

Would really need to sign someone if he goes!!

Pretty Boy
24-01-2023, 06:28 PM
If he goes for as little as £1M we must be absolutely desperate for cash.

Can't see it happening, £2.5M+ and I think we'd bite someone's hand off though.

Rumble de Thump
24-01-2023, 06:31 PM

Are you talking about the Peruvian?

hibee-boys
24-01-2023, 06:34 PM
I think Hibs might do business at £2million plus, we simplify cannot afford to have another Porteous situation next season. Depends on whether we cash in now or not, his stock is high, he could pick up another injury or lose form between now and the summer.

Scotty Leither
24-01-2023, 06:35 PM
If he goes for as little as £1M we must be absolutely desperate for cash.

Can't see it happening, £2.5M+ and I think we'd bite someone's hand off though.

I reckon we are skint, but selling for £1m would be crazy as it consigns us to a relegation battle.

Anything north of £2m and we will sell, with the DoF appointment following soon after in an attempt to deflect flak, with promises of “players to be brought in”, etc. with one week of the window to go.

Just what is going on at Hibernian Football Club?

greenlex
24-01-2023, 06:36 PM
Going nowhere till the Summer.

Tyler Durden
24-01-2023, 06:36 PM

I agree.

He’s not here long term anyway, we know we need a massive rebuild in the summer so if we can maximise the fee now, do it.

If it’s £1.5-£2m then keep him for now

Broxburn Greens
24-01-2023, 06:43 PM
If it is a measly £1m then BK really needs to be telling his counterpart at Milwall that it’s not only a derisory offer but an absolute insult to the club and that no further communications will be had on the subject until an offer worthy of being called one is made.

It really is time Scottish clubs in general developed some collective bolx and told these English clubs to get lost.

We used to have this with the OF all the time until the other clubs especially Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen rounded on them and told them to get stuffed.

Smartie
24-01-2023, 06:47 PM
If it is a measly £1m then BK really needs to be telling his counterpart at Milwall that it’s not only a derisory offer but an absolute insult to the club and that no further communications will be had on the subject until an offer worthy of being called one is made.

It really is time Scottish clubs in general developed some collective bolx and told these English clubs to get lost.

We used to have this with the OF all the time until the other clubs especially Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen rounded on them and told them to get stuffed.

I thought Mathie had the right idea in this regard.

Not sure what Hibs raison d’etre is under the Gordons though. Hard to figure out what we’re all about but it certainly doesn’t appear to me to have sporting success at the top of the agenda.

BoomtownHibees
24-01-2023, 06:52 PM
Season is pretty much a write off anyway.

No sure where folk keep getting this from

LaMotta
24-01-2023, 06:53 PM
We got 3 million for Doig, why do people not think we could get similar for Nisbet? The remaining time left on a players contract doesnt matter too much unless you are in the final year. A players ability doesnt change if he has 3 years left on a contract compared to 18 months left, still the same player for a paying club.

We'd be mad to sell him on the cheap.

eastmainsmsh
24-01-2023, 06:56 PM
They bid 3 million for Lyndon Dykes so anything less is madness

Dr_Regal
24-01-2023, 07:09 PM
2.5m plus sizeable sell on, and he'll be offski.

One of the championship teams will be all over that before next week im sure. Lad hates us and will be desperate to go. Would not surprise me if he sits out the weekend too.

GreenPJ
24-01-2023, 07:12 PM

One of the championship teams will over that before next week im sure. Lad hates us and will be desperate to go. Would not surprise me if he sits out the weekend too.

If that's true, his attitude since he returned from injury is even more amazing. Would have been very easy to not put yourself about as much coming back from serious injury but he has been the complete opposite and has been playing with a smile on his face. I think everyone is resigned to losing him in the summer but lets enjoy and support him while we have him.

24-01-2023, 07:13 PM
Add ons are the money maker for a club like us selling Nisbet down south. There’s every chance we’ll get £3.2m for him, it just won’t be all up front and unconditional.

Yep and I'd say worth negotiating a better sell on clause at the expense of a few extra 100k up front.

24-01-2023, 07:17 PM

Plus the price should go up daily as it'll be harder to get a replacement.

chrisski33
24-01-2023, 07:19 PM

One of the championship teams will over that before next week im sure. Lad hates us and will be desperate to go. Would not surprise me if he sits out the weekend too.
Where's it states that he hates Hibs?

Bronson
24-01-2023, 07:27 PM

Out both cups at the earliest possible exit and no chance of catching hearts in 3rd. Best we could play for is a 4th place finish. Not really getting the juices flowing for me that

greenlex
24-01-2023, 07:31 PM
Out both cups at the earliest possible exit and no chance of catching hearts in 3rd. Best we could play for is a 4th place finish. Not really getting the juices flowing for me that
Not up for European football then?:confused:

wallpaperman
24-01-2023, 07:34 PM
Where's it states that he hates Hibs?

It’s a well known fact over the Atlantic in New Hampshire. It’s the talk of every tavern in town. :greengrin

ErinGoBraghHFC
24-01-2023, 07:35 PM

With this squad and manager it’s just an extra four games to fit into the schedule, waste of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waxy
24-01-2023, 07:35 PM
Take 2Mill plus and raid another Scottish striker.

ErinGoBraghHFC
24-01-2023, 07:38 PM

Who? There’s nobody that’ll fill the gap Nizzy would leave except maybe Shankland, and realistically hearts aren’t going to sell anyone to us never mind the elephant man. I like that wee **** Duk from Aberdeen, but again are they going to sell their (I think) top scorer to us when they’re in the **** themselves?

Bronson
24-01-2023, 07:41 PM

Would I turn down a good bid for nisbet purely to give us a better chance of finishing 4th, which is far from a sure thing? No chance. The key phrase is good bid though.

24-01-2023, 07:44 PM

Which one? This one? 🤔
https://i.ibb.co/Xx3c3MV/Simon-Murray-profile-Sept22.jpg (https://ibb.co/zV7q7DN)

He probably wouldn't want to come.

loanheadhibby
24-01-2023, 07:45 PM
Who? There’s nobody that’ll fill the gap Nizzy would leave except maybe Shankland, and realistically hearts aren’t going to sell anyone to us never mind the elephant man. I like that wee **** Duk from Aberdeen, but again are they going to sell their (I think) top scorer to us when they’re in the **** themselves?

I said it on Greggs thread but why not Ginnelly? Out of contract in summer, pace to burn and can score a goal. Him though middle with Youhan & Boyle up beside him. We should show some intent.

ErinGoBraghHFC
24-01-2023, 07:47 PM
I said it on Greggs thread but why not Ginnelly? Out of contract in summer, pace to burn and can score a goal. Him though middle with Youhan & Boyle up beside him. We should show some intent.

Ginnelly is a good player but he’s not a striker I don’t think?

Heisenberg
24-01-2023, 07:48 PM

Few issues with that. He’s a winger not a central striker. He won’t be leaving Hearts for us. His goal record is nowhere near good enough to replace what Nisbet brings.

greenlex
24-01-2023, 07:50 PM
With this squad and manager it’s just an extra four games to fit into the schedule, waste of time

That’s the spirit. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2023, 07:53 PM
£1m - £2m -£3m, to be perfectly honest, i dont give a toss anymore.

ErinGoBraghHFC
24-01-2023, 07:54 PM
That’s the spirit. :rolleyes:

Realistic, these jokers couldn’t get out of the group stages of the league cup, they aren’t making the group stage of the conference league

greenlex
24-01-2023, 07:56 PM
Realistic, these jokers couldn’t get out of the group stages of the league cup, they aren’t making the group stage of the conference league

You do realise that’ll be next season aye?

StevieHendo
24-01-2023, 07:56 PM

Whats to play for? 5th?

loanheadhibby
24-01-2023, 07:57 PM
Ginnelly is a good player but he’s not a striker I don’t think?

He was a menace on Sunday peeling away from our defenders. The tarts gave not even started contract negotiations yet. I think he’d be worth a punt.

LunasBoots
24-01-2023, 07:59 PM

I seriously doubt he'd come here, he'll have far better options.

ErinGoBraghHFC
24-01-2023, 07:59 PM

Aye, you do realise it’ll be the same fuds signing players for next season aye?

loanheadhibby
24-01-2023, 08:00 PM
Few issues with that. He’s a winger not a central striker. He won’t be leaving Hearts for us. His goal record is nowhere near good enough to replace what Nisbet brings.

There’s a good chance he’ll be leaving Hearts. Why not to us? Got the attributes to play through the middle. Possibly won’t bring as many goals as Nisbet.

The difficulty will be is finding another Nisbet type player from lower leagues. Or we give McKirdy a chance to shine.

LunasBoots
24-01-2023, 08:00 PM

4 or 5 windows before we see proper improvement, will just be extra games even if we miraculously got there.

loanheadhibby
24-01-2023, 08:02 PM
I seriously doubt he'd come here, he'll have far better options.

Come on Luna, there is no such thing as a better option than Hibs. I’d be asking the question anyway.

bingo70
24-01-2023, 08:02 PM

Neither do i.

If anything I’d sell him for £500k to watch how mental folk go on here.

It’s all monopoly money anyway and we’re not likely to see much benefit in real terms on the pitch if we get more money. Not like we will go out and spent the money received on a big transfer fee.

WestStandMoaner
24-01-2023, 08:04 PM
To be honest I’m your camp over 30 years as a season ticket holder selling Nisbet in this window would probably push me over the edge. Sell yes at the end of the season. We won’t replace him with someone better in this window so another backward step by complete idiots who run and own our club .

BoomtownHibees
Whats to play for? 5th?

Currently 4 points off 4th. Also need to make sure nothing silly happens with the teams below us as well.

So plenty to play for and madness to think about selling our best/only striker at this stage of the season

blackpoolhibs
Neither do i.

It’s all monopoly money anyway and we’re not likely to see much benefit in real terms on the pitch if we get more money. Not like we will go out and spent the money received on a big transfer fee.

Hibs have sucked the life out of me, i get no pleasure at all now with anything to do with the club.

BoomtownHibees
24-01-2023, 08:05 PM

Great idea

bingo70
24-01-2023, 08:09 PM
Hibs have sucked the life out of me, i get no pleasure at all now with anything to do with the club.

I thoroughly enjoyed my pre-match pints on Sunday, does that count?

vahibbie
24-01-2023, 08:51 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed my pre-match pints on Sunday, does that count?

I also thoroughly enjoyed my pre-match pints.
I eventually also enjoyed my post-match pints😁

Maguire
24-01-2023, 09:12 PM
There’s a good chance he’ll be leaving Hearts. Why not to us? Got the attributes to play through the middle. Possibly won’t bring as many goals as Nisbet.

The difficulty will be is finding another Nisbet type player from lower leagues. Or we give McKirdy a chance to shine.

Honestly, why on earth would he want to leave Hearts to sign for us, let's get real here.. As things stand it'd a big step down for him. If he were to leave hearts he'd have much much better options and for more money too.

loanheadhibby
24-01-2023, 09:14 PM
Honestly, why on earth would he want to leave Hearts to sign for us, let's get real here.. As things stand it'd a big step down for him. If he were to leave hearts he'd have much much better options and for more money too.

To be the main man? The no 9? He was not getting game for Hearts earlier in season. Was behind Shankland, Boyce & McKay. Not been offered a new deal.

Just_Jimmy
24-01-2023, 09:15 PM

We used to have this with the OF all the time until the other clubs especially Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen rounded on them and told them to get stuffed.Correct. We got 2m from the original hun for Kenny Miller.

It's time fees went up here like they have everywhere else.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Just_Jimmy
24-01-2023, 09:19 PM
Hibs have sucked the life out of me, i get no pleasure at all now with anything to do with the club.That's how I feel. They're not my club anymore. I don't recognise them

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
24-01-2023, 09:24 PM
Going nowhere till the Summer.

Yes

chrisski33
24-01-2023, 09:28 PM
To be the main man? The no 9? He was not getting game for Hearts earlier in season. Was behind Shankland, Boyce & McKay. Not been offered a new deal.

Not gonna happen!

Lago
24-01-2023, 09:34 PM
To be honest I'm still in shock that Hibs sold Colin Stein to Rangers, so I think I can handle a guy going to Millwall 😕

Maguire
24-01-2023, 09:43 PM

He's been starting and scoring goals for them lately, heard Neilson mention they'll be talking to him about a new deal, and it looks like they are going to get Europe again next season unfortunately

killie-hibby
24-01-2023, 10:41 PM
To be honest I'm still in shock that Hibs sold Colin Stein to Rangers, so I think I can handle a guy going to Millwall 😕

Days later Joe McBride scored a hat trick in his first game for us which should have reduced your level of shock.If Nizzy goes where can we find a McBride clone.

Leithenhibby
24-01-2023, 11:41 PM

Well it won't be the stay away fans that's for sure...

It's the crazy window time methinks.

ErinGoBraghHFC
24-01-2023, 11:45 PM

Momodou Bojang probably

24-01-2023, 11:55 PM
Momodou Bojang probably

🔥
🌝

ErinGoBraghHFC
25-01-2023, 12:08 AM
[emoji91]
[emoji275]

[emoji1787]

HoboHarry
25-01-2023, 01:19 AM
🔥
🌝

:top marks:faf::faf:

Rob
25-01-2023, 01:49 AM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-open-talks-with-josh-ginnelly-over-a-new-contract-3997989

WeeRussell
25-01-2023, 04:12 AM

He’s still not a centre forward, any more than Youan or Boyle.

I think he’s a good player but there’s absolutely no chance he’s a replacement for Nisbet.

Dmas
25-01-2023, 04:45 AM

I think he’s a good player but there’s absolutely no chance he’s a replacement for Nisbet.

Shouldn’t even be considered he’s barely made a mark for them till recently and his contract just coincidently is running out, we shouldn't be looking at anyone playing or played first team football for them it’s embarrassing the amount of dross that’s turned up here in recent times that have links to that lot.

Yorkshire HFC
25-01-2023, 05:10 AM

Why isn't there someone from the reserve team (or whatever it's called) who's been trained to play just like Nisbet ready to come in straight away?

The same for Porteous. And Boyle.

I really don't know what goes on at the training centre - how many coaches and trainers are there and what do they do? What is the point of it if it doesn't produce new players for the first team? Surely the fact that we keep making random signings and loans from previously unheard of places means it's failing? Throwing young players into the team isn't the answer but surely there is a plan for the players - surely it's not sign them at 16 - train them for 5 years then let them go to East Fife? What do Hibs get out of that - it seems that we have to go through a lot of churn just to get one first team player.

Springbank
25-01-2023, 05:46 AM

Millwall paid similar for a guy from the Netherlands in the summer & they'll sell the Dutch lad for £15m this week or in the summer.

£1m is an insult

£3.2m is market value for a goalscorer who has netted internationally v Holland & scored 6 in 6

Unseen work
25-01-2023, 06:17 AM
Why isn't there someone from the reserve team (or whatever it's called) who's been trained to play just like Nisbet ready to come in straight away?

I really don't know what goes on at the training centre - how many coaches and trainers are there and what do they do? What is the point of it if it doesn't produce new players for the first team? Surely the fact that we keep making random signings and loans from previously unheard of places means it's failing? Throwing young players into the team isn't the answer but surely there is a plan for the players - surely it's not sign them at 16 - train them for 5 years then let them go to East Fife? What do Hibs get out of that - it seems that we have to go through a lot of churn just to get one first team player.

What you on about?

We’ve got McLellend, Hauge and Melkersen.

3 direct replacements from the development team.

…🤣🤣

thebausburst
25-01-2023, 07:00 AM
Don’t worry I have it on good authority that Hibs are in discussions with the Gambian under 23 B international reserve striker on a 7 year deal :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
25-01-2023, 07:55 AM
It’s an insult of a bid and has rightly been thrown out Pure Chancers If Clubs think hibs are desparate fir money this is what happens At present his gosls to us are priceless as he is only person scoring
He is 26 So if he moves and stays with next club for three years no guarantee he would then go for big money So I would be looking for big up front payment snd smaller sell on clause

basehibby
25-01-2023, 08:07 AM

I should think so - a paltry insult of an offer. In any case I would not sell Nissy at any price right now.

easty
25-01-2023, 08:42 AM

There’s probably more to it than that like.

where'stheslope
25-01-2023, 10:07 AM
Do Dumfermline have a sell on deal with any Nisbet transfer?
If so we'll need to cover that amount as well?

scoopyboy
25-01-2023, 10:21 AM

Was told on Monday evening it's one of their top priorities to get him to sign a deal, it will happen.

Onion
25-01-2023, 11:24 AM
It’s an insult of a bid and has rightly been thrown out Pure Chancers If Clubs think hibs are desparate fir money this is what happens At present his gosls to us are priceless as he is only person scoring
He is 26 So if he moves and stays with next club for three years no guarantee he would then go for big money So I would be looking for big up front payment snd smaller sell on clause

IMO Nisbet is not going to Watford. What's will more likely happen is, if Hibs show weakness at say £1.5 - 2M, Celtic or Sevco will come in with a matching bid and Hibs will find it hard not to sell. The OF are vultures. They're not big enough to try agree a sensible price for any Hibs player as they know Hibs will deal tough and might make them look a bit silly when they walk away - just as they did with SJM all those years ago. OF are much more likely to get others to do the hard bit and then step in.

thebausburst
25-01-2023, 11:33 AM
BBC now reporting new bid from Millwall is 2.3m.

hibsbollah
25-01-2023, 11:35 AM

Wow. So what were they doing taking the piss with their initial offer? It’s like a bad The Apprentice contestant.

Lee Marvin
25-01-2023, 11:37 AM

Bye Bye, Kevin.

Our squad is going to be laughably bad by the end of this window.

Since452
25-01-2023, 11:42 AM

Take it

The dalmeny
25-01-2023, 11:44 AM
Interesting to see if he plays at the weekend

Chorley Hibee
25-01-2023, 11:45 AM
I should think so - a paltry insult of an offer. In any case I would not sell Nissy at any price right now.

I get that train of thought given our circumstances, but I worry Nisbet would just down tools again and he'd be of no use to us for the rest of the season.

Club might be forced to cash in whilst the money is on the table.

It's a mighty big gamble though.

Sean1875
25-01-2023, 11:45 AM

20-25% sell-on to Dunfermline is the rumoured amount I’ve heard

fairafarhib
25-01-2023, 11:46 AM
Doidge

Since452
25-01-2023, 11:46 AM
It's ok. All McKirdy needs is a run of games apparently.

Gmack7
25-01-2023, 11:48 AM
20-25% sell-on to Dunfermline is the rumoured amount I’ve heard

I heard there is a large % sell on as well,
This surprises me as we paid a reported 350- 400k at the time

JimBHibees
25-01-2023, 11:48 AM

Minimum should be 3m preferably more

Lago
25-01-2023, 11:50 AM
Days later Joe McBride scored a hat trick in his first game for us which should have reduced your level of shock.If Nizzy goes where can we find a McBride clone.
But I then had to watch Stein on his return to ER scoring for fun, as to a McBride clone the days of Hibs attracting those sort of players long gone I'm afraid.

Is It On....
25-01-2023, 11:50 AM
I heard there is a large % sell on as well,
This surprises me as we paid a reported 350- 400k at the time

BBC saying £250k...and we signed him in 2021 🙄.

No Nisbet, no goalscorer 😬

Lago
25-01-2023, 11:55 AM
Take it
Yip decent offer and can't deny the boy that kind of opportunity

flash
25-01-2023, 11:58 AM
Take it

Nah hang on and see if anyone else bids.

Tambo
25-01-2023, 11:59 AM
If this bid is accepted today or tomorrow then it could well be McKirdy leading the line Saturday vs Aberdeen.

Was actually hoping to see what Nisbet and Myko could of done together with Nisbet coming deep at times like he did with Doidge in the past.

MelbourneHibees
25-01-2023, 12:04 PM
Hold out for 3.

Stonewall
25-01-2023, 12:07 PM

Jamie Gullan played well against the Rose last night.

WhileTheChief..
25-01-2023, 12:08 PM
With the atmosphere around the club just now I think it would be madness to sell him.

No way we bring anyone else in who will score the same number of goals between now and the end of the season.

Also no way LJ would be happy about it, so if it happens, where does that leave him?

I think, and hope, he's with us until the end of the season.

HH81
25-01-2023, 12:11 PM
With the atmosphere around the club just now I think it would be madness to sell him.

No way we bring anyone else in who will score the same number of goals between now and the end of the season.

Also no way LJ would be happy about it, so if it happens, where does that leave him?

Given we're losing Porto for free at the end of the season, they need some funds to re-build the squad?

JimBHibees
25-01-2023, 12:13 PM

Agree with all of that. Absolutely should not be getting sold this window.

McGruber
25-01-2023, 12:17 PM
Would hate to lose Nisbet and obviously 1 million was nonesense. Hope the club don't deal at 2.3 as sounds like loads of add ons. Everyone has a price though and if Millwall or any other come in at 3 I think we would have to go with it.

We would get 2 million in the summer so there is that to consider plus the likelihood of being dragged into a dogfight as we aren't well clear and have no other goalscorer

HoboHarry
25-01-2023, 12:17 PM

Since when could a club of our size stop a player leaving for a substantial pay raise and still keep him happy? He had his head turned before and the same would happen again and I wouldn't blame him frankly.

Winston Ingram
25-01-2023, 12:18 PM

They offered £3m for Lyndon Dykes last week so they've obviously got a bit of wriggle room to increase their offer.

I can't think of 2 more different types of striker.

LaMotta
25-01-2023, 12:20 PM
Since when could a club of our size stop a player leaving for a substantial pay raise and still keep him happy? He had his head turned before and the same would happen again and I wouldn't blame him frankly.

Scott Brown 2006/07. He knew he would get his move sooner rather than later. Nisbet the same.

Dalianwanda
25-01-2023, 12:21 PM
Apart from the money and perhaps living in London is there any attraction to signing for Millwall? surely if he went to the championship it would be to a team that has a chance of getting promoted.

HoboHarry
25-01-2023, 12:23 PM
Scott Brown 2006/07. He knew he would get his move sooner rather than later. Nisbet the same.
Nisbet wants to go though, completely different.

DIXIHIBS
Hibs have to be careful with this one. Reject the offer to appease the fans and obviously keep our main goalscorer but end up with a totally unmotivated player. Sell him and dont get a decent replacement in time and the rest of the season looks even tougher.

CropleyWasGod
Apart from the money and perhaps living in London is there any attraction to signing for Millwall? surely if he went to the championship it would be to a team that has a chance of getting promoted.

They're 2 points off 3rd, with a game in hand.

Chorley Hibee
25-01-2023, 12:24 PM

If they win their game in hand then they go third in the Championship. They're very much in the frame to be promoted, and wouldn't be the first small side to get promotion either (Blackpool, Barnsley, Bradford and more have managed it before).

Winston Ingram
25-01-2023, 12:29 PM

Last time we turned down an offer for Nisbet he downed tools. Brown didn't.

Is It On....
25-01-2023, 12:32 PM

Apart from the money - he could get a basic pay increase to £10k per week - there is also the chance that next year he plays in the English Premier League with a worst case that he plays in the English Championship with Millwall. I would say that was quite compelling tbh.

SickBoy32
25-01-2023, 12:34 PM

He told you that aye?

Brooster
25-01-2023, 12:34 PM

Dunfermline get 30%

SickBoy32
25-01-2023, 12:35 PM
If the club sell Porto and Nisbet they deserve every bit of stick they will rightly receive

An abomination of a season if that transpires

Is It On....
25-01-2023, 12:36 PM
Dunfermline get 30%

If only Mathie and his Recruitment Department hadn't got him signed, then we wouldn't have to pay Dunfermline anything. No wonder we got rid of Mathie !!

LaMotta
25-01-2023, 12:40 PM

You think Scott Brown didnt want to go? He submitted a written transfer request ffs.

Last time we turned down an offer for Nisbet he downed tools. Brown didn't.

Dont agree. Nisbet went through a poorer run of form but the whole team was pathetic at that point. If he stays Its in his interest to play as well as possible to secure himself the best move in the summer.

HoboHarry
25-01-2023, 12:45 PM
He told you that aye?
Behave yourself. If Hibs accept an offer he'll be off down the road and I wouldn't blame him one bit for that. Who doesn't want to earn more money?

snedzuk
25-01-2023, 12:48 PM
I think we just might see supporters going through a medical as they enter the ground for the Aberdeen game.
Take your boots with you.

My Mrs has had both knees done - she'll need to be in defence.

KeithTheHibby
25-01-2023, 12:51 PM
If, and it's a bit if, Porto and Nisbet leave in the window I really fear for us staying up.

Realistically the only players who have scored this season are Boyle,Nisbet and Kuka. 2 of them will be very unlikely to play at all this season and one may potentially leave.

Who is going to score our goals? No-one has stepped up nor looks likely.
Given the track record of our recruitment department does anyone have any faith that they can get the right kind of replacements in to avoid relegation? I for sure don't.

I guess losing Nisbet alone we could handle, not having the services of Boyle and Kuka make this a horrendous decision for the board.

SickBoy32
25-01-2023, 12:53 PM
Behave yourself. If Hibs accept an offer he'll be off down the road and I wouldn't blame him one bit for that. Who doesn't want to earn more money?

Probably best not to imply that he wants to leave then - going by your logic every player wants to leave, because as you rightly say all pro players will go where the cash is

And I wouldn't blame the player if he goes, the club however wow - football suicide

basehibby
25-01-2023, 12:55 PM
If, and it's a bit if, Porto and Nisbet leave in the window I really fear for us staying up.

Realistically the only players who have scored this season are Boyle,Nisbet and Kuka. 2 of them will be very unlikely to play at all this season and one may potentially leave.

Who is going to score our goals? No-one has stepped up nor looks likely.
Given the track record of our recruitment department does anyone have any faith that they can get the right kind of replacements in to avoid relegation? I for sure don't.

I guess losing Nisbet alone we could handle, not having the services of Boyle and Kuka make this a horrendous decision for the board.

Selling Nisbet for 1M with 18 months on his deal would be a horrendous decision PERIOD. Its a sheight offer and should be treated with utter derision. Can't believe so many on here are treating it seriously.

KeithTheHibby
25-01-2023, 12:56 PM
Selling Nisbet for 1M with 18 months on his deal would be a horrendous decision PERIOD. Its a sheight offer and should be treated with utter derision. Can't believe so many on here are treating it seriously.

The bid has been upped to 2m with addons. A total game changing bid for all.

AllyRae
25-01-2023, 12:58 PM
Probably best not to imply that he wants to leave then - going by your logic every player wants to leave, because as you rightly say all pro players will go where the cash is

And I wouldn't blame the player if he goes, the club however wow - football suicide

Been told its an absolute shambles behind the scenes with in house fighting, manager not interested in talking to players and youths all wanting away. Nisbet is def leaving this transfer window and its his decision. £1.4m removed from youth team to balance spending and owners wanting to get rid of manager but he's wanting full pay off upfront.

GreenPJ
25-01-2023, 01:00 PM

According to that so-called journalist McLauchlin it would be a life-changing move for Nisbet. Am not sure how many times he ever writes that for other transfers involving other clubs.

bingo70
25-01-2023, 01:01 PM
Hibs have got many many faults just now however undervaluing players isn’t one of them. I’d we decide to sell Nisbet I suspect it will be for an amount of money that we just can’t say no to just now. With him being out of contract in 18 months and seeing what’s happening with Porto just now I back the club completely if we decide to sell him.

How well we replace him is another matter altogether though.

basehibby
25-01-2023, 01:01 PM
The bid has been upped to 2m with addons. A total game changing bid for all.

Just caught up on that - at least its a serious offer this time rather than a piss take. I'd still reject it though. Let Nissy know we'll definitely listen to offers in the summer.

Hibiza
25-01-2023, 01:02 PM
Sell him for the best price or he'll " down tools " like he did the last time. I would think . Only turns it on when a transfer window on offer.

Unseen work
25-01-2023, 01:02 PM
Been told its an absolute shambles behind the scenes with in house fighting, manager not interested in talking to players and youths all wanting away. Nisbet is def leaving this transfer window and its his decision. £1.4m removed from youth team to balance spending and owners wanting to get rid of manager but he's wanting full pay off upfront.

1,4 million removed from the youth team?! How much did we have invested in them to begin with?

AllyRae
25-01-2023, 01:05 PM
1,4 million removed from the youth team?! How much did we have invested in them to begin with?

No idea mate, this is all from an ex player who has said the majority of the youths want away now including Laidlaw and O'Connor. Said its toxic down at HTC

Brightside
25-01-2023, 01:05 PM

yeh I dont get that - how can there be 1.4m to save in that team? Its all wee boys earning pennies.

Torto7
25-01-2023, 01:08 PM

:greengrin If you're going to b.s as least make it plausible. 1.4 million on the youth team.:faf:

AllyRae
25-01-2023, 01:09 PM
yeh I dont get that - how can there be 1.4m to save in that team? Its all wee boys earning pennies.

They were due to invest £1.4m into the academy where they were going to be playing big clubs from here and down south but this has been withdrawn to balance spending.

AllyRae
25-01-2023, 01:10 PM
"Been told" by who ?

Ex player whose son is still in the youths

Willis1875
25-01-2023, 01:11 PM

Ah that’s the credibility shot to pieces then

LunasBoots
No idea mate, this is all from an ex player who has said the majority of the youths want away now including Laidlaw and O'Connor. Said its toxic down at HTC

Heard this aswell, aswell as bullying of young players to get them off contracts

Dunbar Hibee

If it's Garry O'Connor, I wouldn't be taking too much of that seriously.

killie-hibby
25-01-2023, 01:12 PM

Thanks,seems a valid source.

AllyRae
25-01-2023, 01:12 PM
If it's Garry O'Connor, I wouldn't be taking too much of that seriously.

Ah right, is he known for B.S. then? I apologise if this is common knowledge haha. Just going on what he told me last week

Dunbar Hibee
25-01-2023, 01:13 PM
Ah right, is he known for B.S. then? I apologise if this is common knowledge haha. Just going on what he told me last week

Certainly known to 'embellish' stories, shall we say :greengrin

Smartie
25-01-2023, 01:17 PM
If the club sell Porto and Nisbet they deserve every bit of stick they will rightly receive

An abomination of a season if that transpires

It's an abomination of a season anyway and the pair of them were always going to leave.

We haven't adequately prepared for their departure but that's a different story.

1875Sean
25-01-2023, 01:20 PM
New offer over £2m I can see him going sadly

sleeping giant
25-01-2023, 01:21 PM

The last bit about the pay off is bs.
You can replace manager and just keep paying him. Doesnt need to be upfront.

silverhibee
25-01-2023, 01:23 PM
Hibs have to be careful with this one. Reject the offer to appease the fans and obviously keep our main goalscorer but end up with a totally unmotivated player. Sell him and dont get a decent replacement in time and the rest of the season looks even tougher.

Nah, he will still want to move in the summer so downing the tools would be a stupid move from him, tell him he can leave in the summer and I’m sure he will get on with the job in hand, scoring goals for Hibs.

Springbank
25-01-2023, 01:24 PM

If we still had Leeann Dempster here, the whole ballpark would look different - even in light of the same bids.

So Millwall (not the only club in the world who might want KN) have bid £1.1m on 24 Jan, with a full week to bump the price skywards in a competition

On 25 Jan, Millwall have returned with a doubled-their-money offer of £2.3m, with still 6 days of the window to go

That, to most football administrators, is the perfect start to a bidding war that ends significantly above £2.7m upfront plus add-ons

Sadly, I have little faith in the present custodians, but hopefully they'll prove me wrong here (I'd love to be wrong in this case)

JimBHibees
25-01-2023, 01:25 PM
Nah, he will still want to move in the summer so downing the tools would be a stupid move from him, tell him he can leave in the summer and I’m sure he will get on with the job in hand, scoring goals for Hibs.

He will want to be in the Scottish squad wont happen if not in form

JimBHibees
25-01-2023, 01:26 PM
If we still had Leeann Dempster here, the whole ballpark would look different - even in light of the same bids.

So Millwall (not the only club in the world who might want KN) have bid £1.1m on 24 Jan, with a full week to bump the price skywards in a competition

On 25 Jan, Millwall have returned with a doubled-their-money offer of £2.3m, with still 6 days of the window to go

That, to most football administrators, is the perfect start to a bidding war that ends significantly above £2.7m upfront plus add-ons

Sadly, I have little faith in the present custodians, but hopefully they'll prove me wrong here (I'd love to be wrong in this case)

Spot on

silverhibee
25-01-2023, 01:30 PM

He is but doesn’t mean everything he says is BS.

Dunbar Hibee
25-01-2023, 01:32 PM
He is but doesn’t mean everything he says is BS.

Didn't say it was, just taking it with a pinch of salt. :aok:

Smartie
25-01-2023, 01:34 PM

No reason to doubt your info but does this not fly a bit in the face of what we've believed to be true for a while?

By that I mean that this is Steve Kean's department and the general perception seemed to be that he was on top of things, doing a decent job with the young lads.

The team is getting decent results on their European run and a few of the young lads are getting onto the bench (albeit through necessity rather than choice it would seem).

Don't get me wrong - I'm open to the idea that any number of things are wrong at the club, I'm just a bit surprised at this being mentioned.

You'd expect there to be "dressing room issues" at first team level when you've got a team underperforming, players not getting bonuses they might have thought the team would have been capable of earning etc, but the youth set up being a problem seems a bit at odds with what we might have expected?

Hermit Crab
25-01-2023, 01:38 PM
Nisbet has asked BK to leave on the Monday after the Dundee Utd game just past. When Hibs refused to let him go to Birmingham previously he downed tools.

Onion
25-01-2023, 01:51 PM

He was always likely to leave Hibs for cash at some point, but I can't imagine a more desperate time for Hibs to do it. We've 2 or 3 sellable assets on the books plus a load of flotsam that's not worth paying money to watch. Fail to replace him (and Porto) with more substandard players and Hibs will be hot relegation candidates.

Going into it, this felt like a horrible season in the making and it's living up to expectations.

HoboHarry
25-01-2023, 01:57 PM
When he remembers his own name at least. :agree:

Not In The Know
25-01-2023, 02:08 PM

Yup those guys all stayed around a bit longer as it was a decent place to be and the team were in with a chance of doing well…

Unseen work
25-01-2023, 02:09 PM
No reason to doubt your info but does this not fly a bit in the face of what we've believed to be true for a while?

By that I mean that this is Steve Kean's department and the general perception seemed to be that he was on top of things, doing a decent job with the young lads.

The team is getting decent results on their European run and a few of the young lads are getting onto the bench (albeit through necessity rather than choice it would seem).

Don't get me wrong - I'm open to the idea that any number of things are wrong at the club, I'm just a bit surprised at this being mentioned.

You'd expect there to be "dressing room issues" at first team level when you've got a team underperforming, players not getting bonuses they might have thought the team would have been capable of earning etc, but the youth set up being a problem seems a bit at odds with what we might have expected?

Probably the younger players and Kean himself expecting them to get more first team minutes.

However in defence of Hibs, Laidlaw, O’Connor etc are still very very young. Laidlaw just turned 18 this month.

There is still loads of developing to do, whilst they are clearly performing really well I’d be surprised if Johnson never gave them a shot on the bench ahead of Tavares for example if he thought they were better

Stonewall
25-01-2023, 02:10 PM
The last bit about the pay off is bs.
You can replace manager and just keep paying him. Doesn't need to be upfront.

Depends what his contract says I imagine.

LaMotta
25-01-2023, 02:12 PM
Yup those guys all stayed around a bit longer as it was a decent place to be and the team were in with a chance of doing well…

Yes we had a LC semi to look forward to but half the players were all miserable under Collins, cant really say it was too different from now in terms of morale.

When players get in the Scotland squad its always likely to be the start of the end for a player at Hibs as they start to mix with guys at bigger clubs on bigger wages. Why would a player not want something similar?

Steve20
25-01-2023, 02:15 PM
He doesn't want to be at Hibs and hasn't since he took the huff when he didn't get his Birmingham move. Then went off form until his injury.

So since he signed, he's wanted to be here for half a season max. We'll be even worse up front obviously, but he's clearly wanting out so best to just best price for him now.

Torto7
25-01-2023, 02:15 PM

LD didn't deal with transfers. The negotiations weren't done by her. More misty eyed pish about that period.

Torto7
25-01-2023, 02:17 PM
Nisbet has asked BK to leave on the Monday after the Dundee Utd game just past. When Hibs refused to let him go to Birmingham previously he downed tools.

:agree: He also refused to discuss an extension and has changed agents. His conditioning has improved as well. he's obviously prepared to work harder for his prospective new employers. The boys a grade A fud imo. KM is the same a wee ned chancer.

.Sean.
25-01-2023, 02:21 PM
He doesn't want to be at Hibs and hasn't since he took the huff when he didn't get his Birmingham move. Then went off form until his injury.

So since he signed, he's wanted to be here for half a season max. We'll be even worse up front obviously, but he's clearly wanting out so best to just best price for him now.
The boy comes across as a complete and utter roaster. Wanted to leave about 4 months into a long term deal he happily signed for the delights of the mighty Birmingham. Club have nursed him through numerous injuries. Been out the best part of a year and back for a few games and now wanting to Judas us and leave when we’re struggling. If that’s his attitude I’ll be happy to see the club punt him

Since90+2
25-01-2023, 02:22 PM
LD didn't deal with transfers. The negotiations weren't done by her. More misty eyed pish about that period.

Did she not fly to Switzerland to negotiate the Kamberi deal?

CropleyWasGod
25-01-2023, 02:24 PM
The boy comes across as a complete and utter roaster. Wanted to leave about 4 months into a long term deal he happily signed for the delights of the mighty Birmingham. Club have nursed him through numerous injuries. Been out the best part of a year and back for a few games and now wanting to Judas us and leave when we’re struggling. If that’s his attitude I’ll be happy to see the club punt him

Raith fans have a similar opinion of him, give the way he appeared to engineer a move to Dunfermline.

Their "lack of enthusiasm" for him in our friendly against them last season was telling. :greengrin

MelbourneHibees
25-01-2023, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=.Sean.;7250465]The boy comes across as a complete and utter roaster. Wanted to leave about 4 months into a long term deal he happily signed for the delights of the mighty Birmingham. Club have nursed him through numerous injuries. Been out the best part of a year and back for a few games and now wanting to Judas us and leave when we’re struggling. If that’s his attitude I’ll be happy to see the club punt him[/QUOTEmental attitude. How many points has he won for us recently? How much money is this move going to give us
to replace him co.pared to what we paid for him.

wills
25-01-2023, 02:30 PM
If/when Nisbet goes the offer needs to reflect on the fact that he has been capped for Scotland and must be more than the 3m Birmingham offered.

Think the whole HTC and ER environment is toxic just now, can understand players wishing to leave. Doesn’t help when LJ says 10 players need to go.

Torto7
25-01-2023, 02:32 PM

Nope. She was part of a delegation.

Phil MaGlass
25-01-2023, 02:39 PM
No need to sell Nisbet yet, 6 days to go. A player that was banging them in then got injured came back after 9 months and again banged them in, I reckon a few teams would be interested in him before the windae SLAMS shut. 2 millions peanuts.

hibsbollah
25-01-2023, 02:39 PM
Raith fans have a similar opinion of him, give the way he appeared to engineer a move to Dunfermline.

Their "lack of enthusiasm" for him in our friendly against them last season was telling. :greengrin

I posted when we signed him that a friend of mine played with him at Dunfermline, and said after signing for Hibs that he would be off to a bigger club the first chance he could. He wasn’t calling him a roaster, just saying he puts the A in ambitious. A ferocious trainer and just wants to reach the top at all costs.

WestStandWillie
25-01-2023, 02:41 PM
Doesnae wanna be here? Get rid but dae it now and not the last few minutes of the transfer window. Otherwise we’ll end up with another McKirdy or worse

Diclonius
25-01-2023, 02:44 PM
Doesnae wanna be here? Get rid but dae it now and not the last few minutes of the transfer window. Otherwise we’ll end up with another McKirdy or worse

McWorsedy

Scottie
25-01-2023, 02:59 PM
I posted when we signed him that a friend of mine played with him at Dunfermline, and said after signing for Hibs that he would be off to a bigger club the first chance he could. He wasn’t calling him a roaster, just saying he puts the A in ambitious. A ferocious trainer and just wants to reach the top at all costs.
Nothing wrong with that and I applaud him for that so hopefully he is gracious and goes when the time is right for not only him but for the club to maximise his value on his departure.

MelbourneHibees
25-01-2023, 03:08 PM

Bidding war? There is only 1 club bidding.

Chorley Hibee
25-01-2023, 03:18 PM

A good many of his performances have been anything but ferocious, down right bone idle if truth be told, and his attitude stinks for someone supposedly determined to reach the top.

I won't lose any sleep over him leaving.

The problem is I don't trust us to sign anyone to replace him either.

Since90+2
25-01-2023, 03:22 PM

She was obviously part of the negotiations, and probably a key part given her role, otherwise why would she have flew over?

WhileTheChief..
25-01-2023, 03:26 PM

If it was Milan then yeah, but Millwall??

I'm happy to give the lad credit that he would do just fine for us for the remainder of the season. He'l have a wider choice of clubs to go to then, and probably more money on offer.

HoboHarry
25-01-2023, 03:28 PM

I'm happy to give the lad credit that he would do just fine for us for the remainder of the season. He'l have a wider choice of clubs to go to then, and probably more money on offer.
Maybe. He might also get injured again, who knows what the future holds? He wants to earn as much as he can as quickly as he can and there's nothing wrong with that.

CropleyWasGod
25-01-2023, 03:29 PM

Why not Millwall? Possibly Premiership next season.

flash
25-01-2023, 03:30 PM

I'm happy to give the lad credit that he would do just fine for us for the remainder of the season.

Not sure I am.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2023, 03:32 PM

So how did she get there if she didn't fly?

Springbank
25-01-2023, 03:50 PM

Careful, you'll end up with misty eyes and pish (according to a Torto7)

Let's applaud the current board spending hundreds of thousands instead on Melkersen, Reuben McAllister & Harry McKirdy (zero league goals between them in a combined 24 months at Easter Road)

Since452
25-01-2023, 03:57 PM
I think we'll sell this time. He downed tools after we turned down the bid from Birmingham. Don't want that again. Cash in now.

Hermit Crab
25-01-2023, 03:59 PM
Careful, you'll end up with misty eyes and pish (according to a Torto7)

Let's applaud the current board spending hundreds of thousands instead on Melkersen, Reuben McAllister & Harry McKirdy (zero league goals between them in a combined 24 months at Easter Road)

Thats unfair on McCallister. He's not even played for the first team yet has he?

grunt
25-01-2023, 04:10 PM
So how did she get there if she didn't fly?
She did fly. I saw her at the airport.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2023, 04:13 PM
She did fly. I saw her at the airport.

Whoosh. :wink:

grunt
25-01-2023, 04:19 PM
Whoosh. :wink:
:rolleyes:

HarpOnHibee
25-01-2023, 04:34 PM
Whatever we get for him should go directly back into the team.

JamesHFC
25-01-2023, 04:49 PM
10 defeats in our last 14 games and we are losing our top goalscorer. It's really not looking good.

McGruber
25-01-2023, 04:58 PM
10 defeats in our last 14 games and we are losing our top goalscorer. It's really not looking good.

It'll be cool - we have a top manager

scoopyboy
25-01-2023, 05:00 PM

BOOM, you should have said that earlier

Northernhibee
25-01-2023, 05:00 PM
If we sell him and bring in another obscure no hoper like in the last few windows then we 100% deserve to be relegated.

HibsGW
25-01-2023, 05:02 PM
Thats unfair on McCallister. He's not even played for the first team yet has he?

I assume that’s partly the point being made that we’ve spent a lot of money on guys who aren’t anywhere near being ready for our first team when the first team should have been prioritised

Svengali
25-01-2023, 05:06 PM
It'll be cool - we have a top manager

😂😂😂😂

scoopyboy
25-01-2023, 05:07 PM
If we sell him and bring in another obscure no hoper like in the last few windows then we 100% deserve to be relegated.

What about if we bring in a known player and he turns out to be hopeless, is that better than the obscure no hoper?

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-01-2023, 05:11 PM
Whatever we get for him should go directly back into the team.

Whatever we get should be spent wisely. We seem to have overlooked this point up to now.

Northernhibee
25-01-2023, 05:25 PM
What about if we bring in a known player and he turns out to be hopeless, is that better than the obscure no hoper?
It’s maybe for the best that the recruitment department do their job and find us a good player. Got to get it right eventually.

Up-the-slope
25-01-2023, 05:35 PM

Its NOT an offer of £2 million.... it COULD total £2 million with unspecified add ons... so t depends how much is guaranteed / how much of that is cash (rather than paid in small instalments) and how likely the add ons are to become reality...

For instance if £250k is an add on IF Millwall get to EPL.... we would never see that. ... X number of appearances (you have to wait for that and hope he does not get injured ) X number of Scotland caps ... again wait and hope..

Cash is king when we need to get replacements in and any club we goto is going to think... they have just got £2 million..... up the price

cabbageandribs1875
25-01-2023, 05:36 PM
very difficult to get good players for a decent £££ in the january window :(

Jones28
25-01-2023, 05:39 PM
Is he away then?

Tully
25-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Is he away then?

Soon

Leithenhibby
25-01-2023, 05:51 PM
https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1618263553097535488

It's still some way short in my honest opinion...

HarpOnHibee
25-01-2023, 06:38 PM
Whatever we get should be spent wisely. We seem to have overlooked this point up to now.

It would be wise to spend it on the team.

Lago
25-01-2023, 07:19 PM
:greengrin

Ardenttwo
25-01-2023, 07:34 PM

Would we not be better spending any transfer money on nice hospitality suites and big screens round the stadium. O wait a minute though

McGruber
25-01-2023, 07:52 PM

Nah, be fine.

Look what we built with a whole summer window and 3 million for Doig. 2 million in 6 days a doddle

GreenGray
25-01-2023, 07:58 PM
So unless we invest the money this window, which with our history if we do it’ll be badly done it appears we’ve just decided this season is done?

sauzeelegod
25-01-2023, 07:58 PM
https://twitter.com/mcgowan_stephen/status/1618349169944715264?s=46&t=qR5YcYWhihqIGjrW4Dt_Qg

Fee agreed seemingly.
Medical in next 48 hours.

MWHIBBIES
25-01-2023, 08:00 PM
On loan to Aberdeen in 18 months.

Heisenberg
So unless we invest the money this window, which with our history if we do it’ll be badly done it appears we’ve just decided this season is done?

We’ll sign a couple of loans and hope that’s enough to see us through.

Hibees1973
Just catching up with this thread.

Surely there is no rush to sell him.

What about Ron's ambition that we are top 4 and in Europe every year.

If he goes the timing of this is shocking. He is the only major asset we have and I don't trust Ron's son to spend any money wisely.

Depressing state of affairs just now throughout the whole club.

25-01-2023, 08:03 PM

Can be done though. Jan 2018 we got rid of Stokes and Simon Murray and replaced them with Kamberi and Jamie McLaren, they worked out okay that season.

Stubbsy90+2
25-01-2023, 08:06 PM
Just catching up with this thread.

Surely there is no rush to sell him.

What about Ron's ambition that we are top 4 and in Europe every year.

If he goes the timing of this is shocking. He is the only major asset we have and I don't trust Ron's son to spend any money wisely.

Depressing state of affairs just now throughout the whole club.

Ron clearly has no ambition

Cropley10
25-01-2023, 08:08 PM

But, but big screens and hospitality

HarpOnHibee
25-01-2023, 08:09 PM
Would we not be better spending any transfer money on nice hospitality suites and big screens round the stadium. O wait a minute though

"Improving the match day experience"

Hibs4185
25-01-2023, 08:09 PM

Or he’s fed up with the negativity and vitriol aimed at his son. It would be easy to understand if he had lost the enthusiasm for the club

Cropley10
25-01-2023, 08:10 PM

Won’t it be spent on upgrading the infrastructure, or something like that?

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2023, 08:11 PM
Or he’s fed up with the negativity and vitriol aimed at his son. It would be easy to understand if he had lost the enthusiasm for the club

Well so ****in what, grow a set of balls and **** off then Ron.

Trinity Hibee
25-01-2023, 08:12 PM

Bang on. If he’s lost interest he can sell up. Absolutely ruined us in 3 years

Heisenberg
25-01-2023, 08:13 PM

He shouldn’t have made his son the head of recruitment at one of the biggest clubs in Scotland if he couldn’t handle the scrutiny and pressure. He was always going to get it in the neck when things went wrong because of the manner of his appointment and his clear lack of experience.

Hibby Kay-Yay
25-01-2023, 08:14 PM
£720k of that goes to Dunfermline, if his sell on was the rumoured 30%

LunasBoots
25-01-2023, 08:15 PM
Ahwell, full rebuild in the summer then.

Stubbsy90+2
25-01-2023, 08:16 PM

What age is he? 5?

1van Sprou7e
25-01-2023, 08:18 PM
As sheit as this is, if he really wants away I'd rather just sell him

I don't blame Nisbet if that's the case as it's a short career and he's already had a big scare with his injury, but I'd rather take 2 million than a player who doesn't want to be here

McGruber
25-01-2023, 08:18 PM
Ahwell, full rebuild in the summer then.

If there's no rebuild in the next 6 days the summer rebuild will be for the Championship

HoboHarry
25-01-2023, 08:19 PM

I don't blame Nisbet if that's the case as it's a short career and he's already had a big scare with his injury, but I'd rather take 2 million than a player who doesn't want to be here
:agree:

Hibees1973

Come on, he is an adult and apparently a hard nosed businessman.

Do you really think he is that thin skinned to be irked by a few jibes at his son (most of which though are justified given his son's incoherent transfer strategy).

Most will know on here I've had serious concerns about the Gordon's for ages.

If they sell Nisbet, which logically they cannot do just now, given the turmoil at the club this will turn even the most placid Hibee against them.

To sell Nisbet now is football suicide. Do the Gordon's want to relegate us?

flash

He didn't want to be here from the day he arrived.

Mcbizz1998
25-01-2023, 08:21 PM
We will go down if he isn’t replaced properly.

Hibees1973
25-01-2023, 08:25 PM

With all the rumours going about the dire morale at the club, then yes I don't blame Nisbet for wanting to go.

However, he is under contract just now and the club decides when and how much he goes for.

Now is not the time.

Alfred E Newman
25-01-2023, 08:26 PM

I don’t think he has ever really been fussed about being here.

Leith Green
25-01-2023, 08:27 PM

Exactly this ..