PDA

View Full Version : Kyle McLelland

TheCabbage
23-01-2023, 09:15 PM
Option to recall from Cove?
Would rather have him than Fish as at least he’s a signed player rather than a loaner.

Hibs90
23-01-2023, 09:34 PM
He’s crap

brianmc
23-01-2023, 09:36 PM
Shortest thread ever?

ErinGoBraghHFC
He’s crap

He’s definitely not, looked one of our best players in the league cup ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
He’s struggling to get in the Cove Team. Think back to the Falkirk game, he was brutal.

ErinGoBraghHFC
Shortest thread ever?

[emoji1787]

H18 SFR
23-01-2023, 09:39 PM

He played a total of 106 mins out of 360, he’s was brutal.

TheCabbage
23-01-2023, 09:39 PM
He’s struggling to get in the Cove Team. Think back to the Falkirk game, he was brutal.

He was but if comes down to him or will fish as backup who is would your choice be?

offshorehibby
23-01-2023, 09:40 PM

Struggling to get in the Cove team because he's been out injured, only been back the last couple of games. Although i think he would be better there getting game time.

H18 SFR
23-01-2023, 09:42 PM
He was but if comes down to him or will fish as backup who is would your choice be?

McGregor

Tambo
23-01-2023, 10:04 PM
McGregor

Bring him in for the rest of the season I say, would be best played in a back 3 for me though.

1875Sean
23-01-2023, 11:25 PM
Can see him leaving at the end of the season, another b team player not good enough

Unseen work
24-01-2023, 12:09 AM
He was injured for the majority of the first half of the season hence the lack of games, think he tends to play when fit.

I think he’s a good player who needs to become a more aggressive defender and used to dealing with long balls etc, hopefully he’ll get that experience at Cove and come back a better player

Forza Fred
24-01-2023, 12:17 AM
Haven’t seem
much of him but we are in a mess already because we play relatively unproven players and hope they are the answer.

Doesn’t make much sense to me to keep doing the same thing.

When he shows he has EARNED a place in the first team, I will welcome him, but not until then.

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2023, 04:19 AM

He was dreadful away at Falkirk.

Jones28
24-01-2023, 06:36 AM
McGregor

McGregor who hasn’t kicked a ball in 2 years and looked gubbed last time he did?

Love him but he’s not the answer.

Smartie
24-01-2023, 07:02 AM
He was dreadful away at Falkirk.

He was. Absolutely terrible, pretty worryingly so.

Although he looked much better in all his other games for us. I’m not totally against the idea, but I’m not sure we’re the right environment to be throwing an inexperienced young CB in at the deep end. Could be a disaster.

OldEast
24-01-2023, 07:10 AM
He was. Absolutely terrible, pretty worryingly so.

Although he looked much better in all his other games for us. I’m not totally against the idea, but I’m not sure we’re the right environment to be throwing an inexperienced young CB in at the deep end. Could be a disaster.

What is the right environment to give him and others the chance. If we're on a winning run folks will probably rightly say don't mess with a winning team. Nothing going right for us like now and especially defensively, folk say too inexperienced.

HIBS NUTS
24-01-2023, 07:20 AM
I’ve seen him play a few times, i wasent impressed at all.
I would play Jacob Blaney ahead of him.

Smartie
24-01-2023, 07:46 AM
What is the right environment to give him and others the chance. If we're on a winning run folks will probably rightly say don't mess with a winning team. Nothing going right for us like now and especially defensively, folk say too inexperienced.

Probably a team in better form than us with a slightly more settled team and him coming into the side via an enforced change. That would be ideal.

We’d have an iffy midfield in front of him, Rocky’s out, Porto’s maybe off, Hanlon is carrying an injury (?), none of our fullbacks have been covering themselves with glory defensively.

This would be chucking him in at the deep end but if we have no choice then we have no choice and some players would thrive in that environment. It just feels similar to the environment in which he struggled at Falkirk rather than the ones where he did a bit better.

S4uzee
24-01-2023, 07:47 AM
Again, another bizarre signing. I remember folk saying he was the answer after 45 minutes against a very poor Clyde team

supermcginn
24-01-2023, 08:26 AM

He was absolutely all over the shop against a 3rd tier team. He won't be seen here again, away at the end of the season I'd guess.

Heisenberg
24-01-2023, 08:36 AM
He’ll never make it at Hibs. Another to add to the list from our summer recruitment drive.

Forza Fred
24-01-2023, 08:51 AM

When he has shown he has earned it?

Ange summed it up in a recent press conference when he answered a question along similar lines and that was his answer…when he has shown that he has earned it…..

He said he wasn’t in the business of giving first team jerseys to players for the sake of it……but only when they have earned the jersey.

I agree with that.

I haven’t seem McLleland play since the pre season games, but I haven’t heard of any reports since that suggest he has earned a run in the first team.

j'adorehibs
24-01-2023, 08:56 AM
we need to sign 2 experienced center half's , suggest we need 1 this window and another come summer putting hanlon as a squad player and leaving rocky and the new signings to battle for slots if a back 4

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2023, 09:20 AM

No he didn't, he was pish.id rather we muddled through with a half fit Darren McGregor

Forza Fred
24-01-2023, 10:25 AM

Ange summed it up in a recent press conference when he answered a question along similar lines and that was his answer…when he has shown that he has earned it…..

He said he wasn’t in the business of giving first team jerseys to players for the sake of it……but only when they have earned the jersey.

I agree with that.

I haven’t seem McLleland play since the pre season games, but I haven’t heard of any reports since that suggest he has earned a run in the first team.

OldEast
24-01-2023, 10:51 AM

I agree with that.

I said him AND OTHERS. Laidlaw, Aiken, Megwa, McIntyre for example. When is it ever going to be the right time?

wookie70
24-01-2023, 11:11 AM
Cove have conceded 11 goals in the two and a half games he has been back since injury. He is there to develop and to me that is where he should stay. Make a decision at the end of his loan

Smartie
24-01-2023, 12:24 PM

I agree with that.

Could you argue he has earned it simply by virtue of possibly being the best option out of the players we have registered and fit to play (assuming Porto goes, Rocky's out for a while, Hanlon's realistically injured even if he's prepared to play through it, Stevenson and others are realistically better in other positions etc etc)?

Doesn't suggest he's earned it by virtue of a high performance level but by being the last man standing?

Forza Fred
24-01-2023, 11:28 PM
Could you argue he has earned it simply by virtue of possibly being the best option out of the players we have registered and fit to play (assuming Porto goes, Rocky's out for a while, Hanlon's realistically injured even if he's prepared to play through it, Stevenson and others are realistically better in other positions etc etc)?

Doesn't suggest he's earned it by virtue of a high performance level but by being the last man standing?

The Steven Bradbury principle!

Worked once at the Olympics for us down here.

theonlywayisup
27-01-2023, 09:54 PM
Option to recall from Cove?
Would rather have him than Fish as at least he’s a signed player rather than a loaner.

Withdrawn at half time in tonight's 5-0 defeat at home to Ayr United (it was 1-0 at half-time). The first goal came after Kyle McClelland misjudged a Josh Mullin free-kick.

Maybe not ready for the SPFL.

Onceinawhile
27-01-2023, 10:13 PM
Withdrawn at half time in tonight's 5-0 defeat at home to Ayr United (it was 1-0 at half-time). The first goal came after Kyle McClelland misjudged a Josh Mullin free-kick.

Maybe not ready for the SPFL.

He also made an arse of the clearance that resulted in the goal from the free kick

HIBS NUTS
27-01-2023, 10:19 PM
He’s another player who is just not very good

Brightside
27-01-2023, 10:26 PM
A daft signing for the vanity project.

SMAXXA
27-01-2023, 11:48 PM
Another young lad put to the sword and minds made up by some experts on here. The Falkirk game keeps getting mentioned he’s just in the door and had a poor game happens to all of them. Keeps getting trotted out like this is the reason he’s no good enough, I genuinely despair at times how harsh so called fans are with players especially young players who can develop into better players you know.

Give the kid a break

HoboHarry
28-01-2023, 12:01 AM
Another young lad put to the sword and minds made up by some experts on here. The Falkirk game keeps getting mentioned he’s just in the door and had a poor game happens to all of them. Keeps getting trotted out like this is the reason he’s no good enough, I genuinely despair at times how harsh so called fans are with players especially young players who can develop into better players you know.

Give the kid a break
Well said mate. :agree:

greenlex
28-01-2023, 02:09 AM

Give the kid a break
Not unlike Fish. One mistake whilst being played out of position at Tynecastle and he’s deemed not good enough.

Iain G
28-01-2023, 06:33 AM
A daft signing for the vanity project.

Picking up a young player with potential who isn't getting a new deal with his current Scottish team... I guess us signing Josh Doig was part of some vanity project as well?

h1bs4life
28-01-2023, 06:49 AM

Give the kid a break

How you can judge anyone on that horrendous surface at Falkirk in what was a poor team performance all round is beyond me.
Like all youngsters he deserves a chance , same with Will Fish.
Would rather see them given a chance than watch some of the same old tired players making mistake after mistake and being stoutly defended on here.

KeithTheHibby
28-01-2023, 07:00 AM
Picking up a young player with potential who isn't getting a new deal with his current Scottish team... I guess us signing Josh Doig was part of some vanity project as well?

If it was just McClelland then I’d agree however there has been a raft of youngsters brought in since the summer either not good enough / ready for the first team.

Unseen work
28-01-2023, 07:01 AM
I had to rewatch the game recently for a project/course and he was really nowhere near as bad as some made out.

He actually started off well and pretty assured but a couple of incidents that looked bad was down to Dabrowski who on one occasion sprinted outside his box for a ball he had no right to come for which Falkirk almost scored from.

The balance of the team was all off;

……………Dabrowski…..

Miller….Rocky….McLellend…Stevenson…

Hauge…..JDH….Newell….McGeady….

…………………Campbell…..

……….………..Doidge…..

From rewatching it the lack of ‘out ball’ was crazy, we couldn’t get out of our half due to Doidge not being mobile. The centre mids were rarely getting on the ball and it ended up being the centre halves who were largely on the ball.

Rocky was playing similar to last season and Stevenson had a shocker too.

Hauge provided no cover to Miller.

If a player is not good enough then fine, but I refuse to form that opinion on McLellend going by his showings in a Hibs top to date and especially not from 45 minutes against Falkirk where the whole team was poor.

BlackSheep
28-01-2023, 07:15 AM
McLelland has been recalled from Cove….

Stubbsy90+2
28-01-2023, 07:20 AM

Aw naw

theonlywayisup
28-01-2023, 07:22 AM
I agree that the majority of our problems is poor ball retention in midfield. Not going to be solved anytime soon.

hibsbollah
28-01-2023, 07:22 AM
I had to rewatch the game recently for a project/course and he was really nowhere near as bad as some made out.

He actually started off well and pretty assured but a couple of incidents that looked bad was down to Dabrowski who on one occasion sprinted outside his box for a ball he had no right to come for which Falkirk almost scored from.

……………Dabrowski…..

…………………Campbell…..

……….………..Doidge…..

From rewatching it the lack of ‘out ball’ was crazy, we couldn’t get out of our half due to Doidge not being mobile. The centre mids were rarely getting on the ball and it ended up being the centre halves who were largely on the ball.

If a player is not good enough then fine, but I refuse to form that opinion on McLellend going by his showings in a Hibs top to date and especially not from 45 minutes against Falkirk where the whole team was poor.

Nice analysis, thanks.

The lads on longbangers made a good point about Fish as well; in amongst all the justified anger about the mess he made of the derby goal,he was otherwise decent enough in the game and was also blameless in the Dundee Utd game, in admittedly a terrible team performance. One awful moment aside there’s no evidence he’s as bad as made out.

NC1875
28-01-2023, 07:24 AM
Would rather give Kyle a run of games than let Hanlon make the same mistakes he’s made year after year.

Rangers were keen to keep him, there’s a player in there.

DunblaneHibby
28-01-2023, 07:31 AM

……………Dabrowski…..

…………………Campbell…..

……….………..Doidge…..

I was at the falkirk game too and never understood all the criticism Kyle got.
The whole team were poor that night and he was no worse than some of the others.

BlackSheep
28-01-2023, 08:59 AM
Aw naw

How positive of you 😂

easty
28-01-2023, 09:03 AM
Would rather give Kyle a run of games than let Hanlon make the same mistakes he’s made year after year.

Rangers were keen to keep him, there’s a player in there.

Rangers cannae have been that keen to keep him, or they’d have kept him.

degenerated
28-01-2023, 09:20 AM

Give the kid a breakGo back to 2014/15 and Martin Boyle was never going to be brilliant, would never make it in the premiership, we would be better keeping Alex Harris etc....

Some things never change.

Stubbsy90+2
28-01-2023, 09:24 AM
How positive of you 😂

:greengrin

I’m more just concerned that he could end up being either Rocky or Porteous’ replacement which simply wouldnt be anywhere near good enough!

B.H.F.C
28-01-2023, 09:28 AM
Go back to 2014/15 and Martin Boyle was never going to be brilliant, would never make it in the premiership, we would be better keeping Alex Harris etc....

Some things never change.

This is trotted out all the time. When Boyle came in he had some clear attributes but nobody ever thought he would get to the level he did. I don’t remember him being totally written off though, he was what he was at the time (a squad player) and most folk realised that. Even in the Scottish Cup run I don’t think he started a game but, again, he was a part of the squad and most folk realised that. We’re asking a lot more to solve our current issues at the moment who are either part of the problem or clearly not up to solving it. Totally different scenarios to that of Boyle when he came in.

H18 SFR
28-01-2023, 09:28 AM

After last nights game - holy ****!

Victor
28-01-2023, 09:30 AM

Give the kid a break

Agree, the comments by some on here are toxic. They must all be faultless in their given fields of expertise. I have never seen McLelland play and would be denied the chance, if the perfect ones amongst us had their way.

Scotty Leither
28-01-2023, 09:33 AM
He had a poor first half last night for the mighty Cove. He’s now been recalled, which presumably means there’s no CH coming in.

This club is being run down in front of our eyes, and young laddies like this are the symptoms of this failed project and they’re being hung out to dry as sorry, they’re just not good enough.

Just put us up for sale and be done it with Gordon.

erin go bragh
28-01-2023, 09:36 AM

Give the kid a break
Definitely bud.Some people have forgotten what being a supporter is.
Falkirk game apart and tbh, the starting 11 was honking against them.
I thought he looked quite composed on the ball

Heisenberg
28-01-2023, 09:51 AM
He had a poor first half last night for the mighty Cove. He’s now been recalled, which presumably means there’s no CH coming in.

This club is being run down in front of our eyes, and young laddies like this are the symptoms of this failed project and they’re being hung out to dry as sorry, they’re just not good enough.

We will 100% sign one if not two central defenders before the window closes. Their lack of forward planning is abysmal though, going into a big game with the squad we have is horrific. Hopefully Ben is brave enough to show his face in the Albion bar pre match to take the place inevitable questions.

Eyrie
28-01-2023, 10:06 AM
McLelland is our player so it makes sense to recall him when we are short of CHs.

Bring in one experienced CH before Tuesday and let Fish and McClelland compete to partner him until Hanlon is fully fit. That will give us a clearer idea on McClelland's future.

1875Sean
28-01-2023, 10:42 AM

Maybe Hartleys had enough and think he’s best to go

Iain G
28-01-2023, 10:45 AM
If it was just McClelland then I’d agree however there has been a raft of youngsters brought in since the summer either not good enough / ready for the first team.

He was never signed for the first team though! We have always picked up players from other Scottish teams who go into our development system.

Unseen work
28-01-2023, 10:49 AM
Where is the talk that we’ve recalled him coming from?

RMQ1967
28-01-2023, 10:49 AM
Definitely bud.Some people have forgotten what being a supporter is.
Falkirk game apart and tbh, the starting 11 was honking against them.
I thought he looked quite composed on the ball

Yes he looked very decent & composed on the ball on other occasions he played. As you say the whole team were poor that night - all over the place.

superfurryhibby
28-01-2023, 10:50 AM
After last nights game - holy ****!

He was very poor last night. Rusty after being out with injury perhaps, but he didn’t look good enough to be anywhere near our first team.

flash
28-01-2023, 11:20 AM
He was very poor last night. Rusty after being out with injury perhaps, but he didn’t look good enough to be anywhere near our first team.

To be fair to him they were 1 down when he came off and 5 down by the end.

H18 SFR
28-01-2023, 11:28 AM
To be fair to him they were 1 down when he came off and 5 down by the end.

I think to be equally fair to him, he was taken off for a reason, he looked so far out his depth notwithstanding any FT score.

flash
28-01-2023, 11:32 AM
I think to be equally fair to him, he was taken off for a reason, he looked so far out his depth notwithstanding any FT score.

Fair enough. Presumably whoever replaced him was even worse.

NC1875
28-01-2023, 11:33 AM
Rangers cannae have been that keen to keep him, or they’d have kept him.

Trust me, when Kyle first signed he stayed with a friend of the family in Tranent. Rangers wanted to keep him but we promised him a pathway to first team football that he wouldn’t get at Rangers.

He should be given a chance before some of the dross that’ll play today.

H18 SFR
28-01-2023, 11:39 AM
Fair enough. Presumably whoever replaced him was even worse.

Absolutely.