PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland Forum

hibeemikey21
23-01-2023, 05:21 PM
An interesting thread posted on their forum today….

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/bolton-6-0-safc.1598639/

In short, 1 year ago they were in a very bad place under Johnson. Johnson then replaced. Fast forward one year later, they’re pushing for successive promotions with largely the same squad.

Pretty Boy
23-01-2023, 05:30 PM
Just think. This time next year there will be some other poor *******s enduring the Lee Johnson experience looking at a thread on here and wishing they would sack him.

Hopefully we find our Mowbray soon.

Liberal Hibby
23-01-2023, 05:36 PM
This comment absolutely sums it up: 2-0 down at half time and still Johnson didn’t change it.

GreenGray
23-01-2023, 05:43 PM
Thanks for reinforcing my opinion he should be gone even more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfred E Newman
23-01-2023, 05:46 PM
This comment absolutely sums it up: 2-0 down at half time and still Johnson didn’t change it.

Did you have a look at the bench? We would have been as well picking half a dozen punters out of the West Lower.

EGL2000
23-01-2023, 05:51 PM

In short, 1 year ago they were in a very bad place under Johnson. Johnson then replaced. Fast forward one year later, they’re pushing for successive promotions with largely the same squad.

Largely the same team? Have you even looked at the squads. In his last game compared with sunderlands win at the weekend only 4 players in the starting 11 were the same.

Donegal Hibby
23-01-2023, 05:54 PM

Do you consider 3rd place and 2 points of the top as being in a bad place ?

GreenGray
23-01-2023, 05:55 PM

Doesn’t matter if it was or not, they’ve improved since then and seems like all their fans would agree.

hibeesjoe
23-01-2023, 06:00 PM
He's a total donkey. He won't turn around our fortunes, just be hanging on for a pay off.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

random sub
23-01-2023, 06:02 PM
I wonder how close we were to getting Mowbray as manager, or Jon Dal T…sigh

bigwheel
23-01-2023, 06:03 PM
I wonder how close we were to getting Mowbray as manager, or Jon Dal T…sigh

Not close at all to either ..Mowbray made it clear he wasn’t interested..JDT always too expensive

hibeesjoe
23-01-2023, 06:04 PM
I wonder how close we were to getting Mowbray as manager, or Jon Dal T…sighAh but remember he totally nailed the 6hr zoom call with the board [emoji57]

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Donegal Hibby
23-01-2023, 06:08 PM
Doesn’t matter if it was or not, they’ve improved since then and seems like all their fans would agree.

That first part of your post makes absolutely no sense at all btw . The poster who started this thread stated that Sunderland were in a very bad way under Johnson I merely asked did he consider 3rd place and 2 points of the top being in a very bad place ? Classic case of if the questions awkward just say it doesn't matter :rolleyes:

500miles
23-01-2023, 06:08 PM
Largely the same team? Have you even looked at the squads. In his last game compared with sunderlands win at the weekend only 4 players in the starting 11 were the same.

To be fair, this post addresses that.

I genuinely have no idea how good this team is because I'm pretty sure LJ only makes things harder for them.

LunasBoots
23-01-2023, 06:09 PM
Not close at all to either ..Mowbray made it clear he wasn’t interested..JDT always too expensive

JDT wanted to much control for our owners liking.

bigwheel
23-01-2023, 06:18 PM

We could never afford him ..

zitelli62
23-01-2023, 06:19 PM

Spot on didn't want to work under Ian Gordon.

Callum_62
23-01-2023, 06:22 PM
I wonder how close we were to getting Mowbray as manager, or Jon Dal T…sighJon Dahl T isn't exactky revered by Blackburn fans

Might be able to get him next time [emoji23]

Sound familiar?

JDT*doesn't escape criticism from me, but I think he is merely a cog in the Venky machine. He might not be a great manager, he*might be a bad manager. But get rid of him and nothing really changes, we will try to find another 'head coach' who is going to 'play the game'

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Donegal Hibby
23-01-2023, 06:23 PM
A lot of Hibs fans hail mowbray as one of there favourite manager's and yes he was good and had us playing nice football though it could also be said he got the job at a good time with the golden generation , don't remember him doing all that well at Celtic and wonder how he'd do with a poorer Hibs team?

Mikey_1875
23-01-2023, 06:29 PM
Makes me wonder what our rockbottom will be under LJ. Feeling pretty low as it is.

Nicho87
23-01-2023, 06:34 PM
A lot of Hibs fans hail mowbray as one of there favourite manager's and yes he was good and had us playing nice football though it could also be said he got the job at a good time with the golden generation , don't remember him doing all that well at Celtic and wonder how he'd do with a poorer Hibs team?

Ridiculously harsh on Mowbray. You can only coach and train what you have coming through the academy at any club

His signings were fantastic, yes a konte and a few dodgy keepers but

Boozy, Jones, Murphy, Sproule, Shiels plus more, more than made up for it.

I’ve said it before, for me Mowbray era was exciting and great football 80% of the time regardless win lose or draw, that’s the difference.

GreenGray
23-01-2023, 06:37 PM
That first part of your post makes absolutely no sense at all btw . The poster who started this thread stated that Sunderland were in a very bad way under Johnson I merely asked did he consider 3rd place and 2 points of the top being in a very bad place ? Classic case of if the questions awkward just say it doesn't matter :rolleyes:

You’re in a bad place if your manager isn’t making the most of the squad he has, and it seems like that was the case at Sunderland.

This was proven to be right and it seems like all their fans agree.

Heisenberg
23-01-2023, 06:38 PM

Mowbray would do better than Lee Johnson with this Hibs squad and that is a guarantee. Also, don’t try and downplay what Mowbray did at Hibs, he didn’t get lucky with the golden generation. He did a tremendous job. Something Johnson can only dream of at this club.

Pretty Boy
23-01-2023, 06:41 PM
Ridiculously harsh on Mowbray. You can only coach and train what you have coming through the academy at any club

His signings were fantastic, yes a konte and a few dodgy keepers but

Boozy, Jones, Murphy, Sproule, Shiels plus more, more than made up for it.

I’ve said it before, for me Mowbray era was exciting and great football 80% of the time regardless win lose or draw, that’s the difference.

The Mowbray era is the only time I can remember leaving a Hibs game absolutely buzzing after we lost. The Leeds friendly and Killie league game both spring to mind.

It was so obvious we were on to a good thing and headed in the right direction. There was no desperately scrambling about for positives because the positives were front and centre.

Nicho87
23-01-2023, 06:43 PM
The Mowbray era is the only time I can remember leaving a Hibs game absolutely buzzing after we lost. The Leeds friendly and Killie league game both spring to mind.

It was so obvious we were on to a good thing and headed in the right direction. There was no desperately scrambling about for positives because the positives were front and centre.

Correct

I might be wrong but I was at the Leeds friendly also and we got beat 3-0 or 3-1 and boozy made his debut and he just absolutely oozed class.

And with Kilmarnock fatty Boyd scored a deflected free kick and we battered them. But yes the point is bang on everyone was not happy with the results but we were more than satisfied as you could tell the foundations were getting set and set quickly.

Memories…

Lago
23-01-2023, 06:52 PM
Both wanted to be with the big boys down south and that's one of the problems attracting real talent.

Donegal Hibby
23-01-2023, 07:18 PM
Mowbray would do better than Lee Johnson with this Hibs squad and that is a guarantee. Also, don’t try and downplay what Mowbray did at Hibs, he didn’t get lucky with the golden generation. He did a tremendous job. Something Johnson can only dream of at this club.
Maybe he would do better than Johnson and I wasn't trying to downplay anything mowbray done at Hibs so don't be making out I am ! The fact of the matter is mowbray did become Hibs manager at the right time and was lucky in a way that we had a excellent crop of young players coming through at the time , probably the best I've seen .And your right Johnson probably can only dream about having a crop of young talented players like that to help him do as well when he became Hibs . It's a pity mowbray didn't have them at Middlesbrough, Coventry and Celtic in all .

Hibbyradge
23-01-2023, 07:21 PM

He told me that as well.

theonlywayisup
23-01-2023, 07:26 PM
I think sacking LJ will have zero impact on our fortunes. We need a major clear out of players and that ain't going to happen anytime soon.

Trust me, I'd be happy for him to be sacked, but don't think it's going to happen.

hibeemikey21
23-01-2023, 07:27 PM

All it takes is a read through that thread and you’ll see that Sunderland fans are pretty much unanimously of the view that they were not in a good place:

“One of the darkest days in the history of the club”
“One of the best decisions (getting rid of LJ)”
“This was the game where the club hit rock bottom”
“Biggest bull*****ter ever to grace the game. Complete fraud and conman”

I see they’ve now also noticed it’s on .net and are hoping we have a similar turnaround in fortunes if/when LJ is moved on….

paddy1875
23-01-2023, 07:44 PM

Looking in from afar it might seem like it’s not bad.

But to read through the comments to realise the fans were not in a good place. Their team weren’t in a good place and they wanted change. The change worked out for them.

If you look at us for instance, we’re around mid table, with not many points keeping us from 4th place. But he is not doing a good job Donegal.

The odd results sprinkled in here and there with some terrible results in between.

He’s failed at the first hurdle in both domestic cup competitions, these are our most likely chance at any Success. His scatter gun approach to team selections and his utter drivel after every defeat is now becoming very tiresome.

Hearts yesterday are the 3rd best team in Scotland just now. But 2 3 nil doings in the space of a month is unacceptable. He deserves absolutely nothing from hibs and he needs to be shown the door.

Cardinal G
23-01-2023, 07:46 PM

As a sunderland season ticket holder also I totally agree with you, however Alex Neil came in after LJ was sacked and with no additions as transfer window had closed lost his 1st game then went on a unbeaten run to Wembley and took us up.
I'm seeing the same mistakes he made at Sunderland being made with us now. Ask Bristol City fans and they will tell you the same. He talks a good game but has absolutely no idea how to change things in games when we went behind.

Donegal Hibby
23-01-2023, 07:52 PM
All it takes is a read through that thread and you’ll see that Sunderland fans were pretty much unanimously of the view that they were not in a good place:

“One of the darkest days in the history of the club”
“One of the best decisions (getting rid of LJ)”
“This was the game where the club hit rock bottom”
“Biggest bull*****ter ever to grace the game. Complete fraud and conman”

I see they’ve now also noticed it’s on .net and are hoping we have a similar turnaround in fortunes if/when LJ is moved on….
They were 8th when he joined and 3rd ,2 points of top spot and won a trophy when he was dismissed which if that's a very bad place to be in then Sunderland's standards certainly must be higher than every other clubs , they were also a complete basket case of a club for years and went thru a few managers in that time . Also I don't believe everything I read or am told , like the first derby when it was revealed on here he was out the night before the derby partying like a wild thing till all hours , I do remember him getting abuse about that on here yet what was it all about " his family had come up and he went for a meal and went home at 9:45 . Capital punishment crime that 😂 . Anyhow personally I think there's bigger problems at Hibs than Lee Johnson and I would gave him to the end of the season though most of the football experts have decided he has to go (which is fair enough ) though what they want to replace him with isn't any better and in a lot of cases much worse than Lee Johnson . As the saying goes " be careful what you wish for "

hibeemikey21
23-01-2023, 08:01 PM
They were 8th when he joined and 3rd ,2 points of top spot and won a trophy when he was dismissed which if that's a very bad place to be in then Sunderland's standards certainly must be higher than every other clubs , they were also a complete basket case of a club for years and went thru a few managers in that time . Also I don't believe everything I read or am told , like the first derby when it was revealed on here he was out the night before the derby partying like a wild thing till all hours , I do remember him getting abuse about that on here yet what was it all about " his family had come up and he went for a meal and went home at 9:45 . Capital punishment crime that 😂 . Anyhow personally I think there's bigger problems at Hibs than Lee Johnson and I would gave him to the end of the season though most of the football experts have decided he has to go (which is fair enough ) though what they want to replace him with isn't any better and in a lot of cases much worse than Lee Johnson . As the saying goes " be careful what you wish for "

I agree that hasty decisions are never good, but the parallels between what the Sunderland fans experienced and what we’re now seeing/thinking are stark.

Our “be careful what you wish for” moment in recent times was Ross getting the bullet.

One Day Soon
23-01-2023, 08:07 PM

Totally. Tony Mowbray led his team and our club effortlessly. When you get the chance in life to line up behind someone you want to follow without having to be persuaded you know they’ve got something special. We don’t get managers like that very often, but he was one of them.

GreenGray
23-01-2023, 08:19 PM
They were 8th when he joined and 3rd ,2 points of top spot and won a trophy when he was dismissed which if that's a very bad place to be in then Sunderland's standards certainly must be higher than every other clubs , they were also a complete basket case of a club for years and went thru a few managers in that time . Also I don't believe everything I read or am told , like the first derby when it was revealed on here he was out the night before the derby partying like a wild thing till all hours , I do remember him getting abuse about that on here yet what was it all about " his family had come up and he went for a meal and went home at 9:45 . Capital punishment crime that [emoji23] . Anyhow personally I think there's bigger problems at Hibs than Lee Johnson and I would gave him to the end of the season though most of the football experts have decided he has to go (which is fair enough ) though what they want to replace him with isn't any better and in a lot of cases much worse than Lee Johnson . As the saying goes " be careful what you wish for "

“Be careful what you wish for” is applicable when you’re in a decent place as it is, we’ve been beat 3-0 by our rivals twice in the last month and have one of the worst form records in the league.

Pagan Hibernia
23-01-2023, 10:09 PM
Just think. This time next year there will be some other poor *******s enduring the Lee Johnson experience looking at a thread on here and wishing they would sack him.

Hopefully we find our Mowbray soon.

this time next year Hibs will most likely be on their second manager post Johnson

Donegal Hibby
23-01-2023, 10:34 PM
Looking in from afar it might seem like it’s not bad.

But to read through the comments to realise the fans were not in a good place. Their team weren’t in a good place and they wanted change. The change worked out for them.

If you look at us for instance, we’re around mid table, with not many points keeping us from 4th place. But he is not doing a good job Donegal.

The odd results sprinkled in here and there with some terrible results in between.

He’s failed at the first hurdle in both domestic cup competitions, these are our most likely chance at any Success. His scatter gun approach to team selections and his utter drivel after every defeat is now becoming very tiresome.

Hearts yesterday are the 3rd best team in Scotland just now. But 2 3 nil doings in the space of a month is unacceptable. He deserves absolutely nothing from hibs and he needs to be shown the door.

I do realize mate that things aren't good enough and managers have been sacked for less though any manager that goes into a football club that's been toiling for awhile like ours and has recruited as badly as ours in a few years is always going to struggle imo . The two derby defeats I'm not happy about either though both 3rd goals are a result of us pushing men forward and getting caught on the break. And the 2nd derby I thought we were much the better team despite the scoreline.

Sacking Johnson might be the answer though it still leaves us with the much bigger problems of people badly running our club . You have of course to appoint a new manager then and I'm genuinely concerned of some of the name's put forward on here ( not one has impressed me as a standout candidate) to take the club forward as well as been worried about the same people ( Ron & Ian Gordan & Ben kensell ) picking both a director of football and a new manager , who after the mistake of appointing Maloney and our recent recruitment , I wouldn't trust them to pick anything.

Personally as I've said I'd give Johnson till the end of the season as I don't see anyone else thats got me thinking they can come in and fix everything quickly . Johnson has made mistake's and is in no way blameless for what's happening though when you come into a club with the likes of Mitchell , Henderson and one of the poorest midfields we have had in years and get the injuries we have had I don't think he's got much of a chance anyhow.

I think you all will get your wish and see Johnson removed though I think any decent manager with half a brain will definitely see HIBERNIAN Football Club as a poisonous chalice with the way we are going through managers and we will probably end up with somebody poor , with the same people making mistakes at the top . Very much a rinse and repeat all over again.

Donegal Hibby
23-01-2023, 10:46 PM
I agree that hasty decisions are never good, but the parallels between what the Sunderland fans experienced and what we’re now seeing/thinking are stark.

Our “be careful what you wish for” moment in recent times was Ross getting the bullet.
Sunderland fans should have been happy with challenging for the league and a manager that had improved there league position from what it was before he took over imo .

paddy1875
23-01-2023, 10:57 PM
Sunderland fans should have been happy with challenging for the league and a manager that had improved there league position from what it was before he took over imo .

You are Lee Johnson eh [emoji23][emoji23]

Donegal Hibby
23-01-2023, 11:29 PM
You are Lee Johnson eh [emoji23][emoji23]

S**t , did I make it that obvious who I was ?😂😂😂

paddy1875
23-01-2023, 11:41 PM
S**t , did I make it that obvious who I was ?[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Your secrets safe with me!

tamig
24-01-2023, 12:11 AM

Fantasy stuff. Lies.