PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere

HendoDelivered
22-01-2023, 11:14 PM
Thought it was poor from us today, pretty flat (before 2-0). Pains me to say I thought those tramps made more noise than we did. Mind you, I don’t think our “singing section” could be in a worse place. Down the front of the East was where it was best… not tucked away at the side.

Glory Lurker
22-01-2023, 11:17 PM
Thought it was poor from us today, pretty flat (before 2-0). Pains me to say I thought those tramps made more noise than we did. Mind you, I don’t think our “singing section” could be in a worse place. Down the front of the East was where it was best… not tucked away at the side.

Barely heard a song out of them.

LaMotta
22-01-2023, 11:18 PM

An early goal from the oppositon in a derby always likely to silence the home team. Look at Tynie after Drey Wright put us ahead last season - first half was silence from the home end, of course their team got them back in it and things changed. We dont have the quality on the park to get the fans going again unfortuneately.

Mcbizz1998
22-01-2023, 11:18 PM
Whatever. The fans should be lauded for bothering at all. We are a complete disgrace.

CMac1988
22-01-2023, 11:19 PM
When all is even the away team always tends to make more noise in Derby's. It's the same for us when we're at Tynecastle. Easy to make noise when you're the team winning also. It is what it is.

Agree that moving the signing seciton and trying to grow it would be beneficial. Poeple have been saying the same thing for years though and it's only this year that the club has shown a willingness to accomodate.

LunasBoots
22-01-2023, 11:27 PM
Was much the same in the pubs around the ground aswell, normally very vocal but there seemed to be a real nervousness about what was going to happen today, heard many people writing us off before the match even began.

LaMotta
22-01-2023, 11:32 PM
Was much the same in the pubs around the ground aswell, normally very vocal but there seemed to be a real nervousness about what was going to happen today, heard many people writing us off before the match even began.

They were correct to write us off.

ThisIsTheYear
22-01-2023, 11:55 PM
Away team is always louder- add an early goal and it was always going to be the case….

JammyDoidger
23-01-2023, 12:25 AM
Are you taking the pies? Seriously..atmosphere was flat? I wonder why..

JammyDoidger
23-01-2023, 12:26 AM
Away team is always louder- add an early goal and it was always going to be the case….

Away team is always louder? Are you listening to yourself man? It was t under Stubbs or Lennon when we actually won Derby's wake up man. Wtf

The Captain....
23-01-2023, 06:24 AM
Surprised anyone is still turning up to watch that *****.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

HairyMM
23-01-2023, 06:26 AM
Surprised anyone is still turning up to watch that *****.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk
Fans turned up in numbers and got behind Team, unfortunately the players yet again failed to do the basics in both boxes ….you need two to tango GGTTH

Mikey_1875
23-01-2023, 06:28 AM
I actually thought the first ten the place was right up for it. The goal against the run of play took the wind out of everyones sails. When there was something on the pitch to respond to the fans did.

GreenCastle
23-01-2023, 06:34 AM
Away team is always louder? Are you listening to yourself man? It was t under Stubbs or Lennon when we actually won Derby's wake up man. Wtf

Exactly. Been to many derbies when the Hearts fans have been silent.

Full credit to the Hibs fans attending yesterday- they deserve better.

Move block 7 to FF lower next season - just a better place for noise.

Vini1875
23-01-2023, 10:06 AM
Not sure it makes any difference where the Block 7 guys are. If the team can't compete the fans have nothing to get behind. The few times we look like doing something the noise goes up and the singing section could spark into life, but let's be real it takes a wee bit coke to excited about this team at the moment.

hibsbollah
23-01-2023, 10:10 AM
I normally think they are a quiet, pathetic fan base. Away and at home. Even when they were dominating us on the pitch in the past they had quiet fans. Yesterday was the loudest Id heard them. Not at the levels the Glasgow teams make but yeah, they were noisy.

Bobby's Cinema
23-01-2023, 10:17 AM
Thought the atmosphere was decent yesterday considering. At 0-2 the belief is sucked out of the place, even with decent time left to play.

Pretty Boy
23-01-2023, 10:18 AM
I normally think they are a quiet, pathetic fan base. Away and at home. Even when they were dominating us on the pitch in the past they had quiet fans. Yesterday was the loudest Id heard them. Not at the levels the Glasgow teams make but yeah, they were noisy.

They do seem to have got themselves organised as a fanbase in the last couple of years. Post 2016 you barely heard them at derbies for a good long while but they were loud for long spells yesterday. The song to the tune of 'Oh What a Night' had their end absolutely bouncing, as galling as that is to admit.

It's something Hibs seem to have fallen behind a bit with in the last year or so. Outwith Celtic and Rangers we were up there with the best for a fair few years. I'm not sure that's the case now. No criticism of the guys who are trying to do something about it intended, they are trying whilst I'm sitting on my erse moaning about it.

nickwhibs
23-01-2023, 10:41 AM
As others have mentioned, it was the perfect opportunity to properly trial FFL as a singing section. Yes of course there’s were factors yesterday (form of both teams, early goal etc) but there are things that can be done off the pitch to help.

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2023, 10:46 AM
I actually thought the first ten the place was right up for it. The goal against the run of play took the wind out of everyones sails. When there was something on the pitch to respond to the fans did.

Yes they did, at 0 - 1 and even for a while at 0 -2 until it was obvious the game was lost the crowd responded massively to any positive play from Hibs trying to roar the players on.

I agree there was a lack of songs the crowd could join in with, but it did happen a couple of times.

I don't get what the OP is trying to prove really, since time immemorial the away fans have the upper hand in games where they are on the up and yesterday was no different, it happens near enough all over the world. In the 2013 cup final and near the end when we lost in the playoffs to Der Hun at ER are two examples I can recall of the Hibs support singing and cheering for the team as time ran out and we knew we had lost, both occasions were memorable because it's not something you see too often. As I recall there were folk on here at the time criticising fans at that cup final for their misplaced show of support for a well beaten team ... ye cannae win.

I do massively agree it's time to get the singing section into the FF lower .... said it before numerous times, we must be the only club in Europe who put the away fans front and centre and stick our own 'ultras' for want of a better word up in a corner out of the way and out of sight of the away fans, it's time it stopped.

Not In The Know
23-01-2023, 10:47 AM
Thought the atmosphere was decent yesterday considering. At 0-2 the belief is sucked out of the place, even with decent time left to play.

yeah. Considering in the three matches against them this season we have only spent 40 mins in total not getting beat. That’s a disgrace we ain’t getting much served up to get excited with.

hibsbollah
23-01-2023, 10:52 AM
They do seem to have got themselves organised as a fanbase in the last couple of years. Post 2016 you barely heard them at derbies for a good long while but they were loud for long spells yesterday. The song to the tune of 'Oh What a Night' had their end absolutely bouncing, as galling as that is to admit.

It's something Hibs seem to have fallen behind a bit with in the last year or so. Outwith Celtic and Rangers we were up there with the best for a fair few years. I'm not sure that's the case now. No criticism of the guys who are trying to do something about it intended, they are trying whilst I'm sitting on my erse moaning about it.

Obviously some of it depends on where you sit. My son was in with our Ultras in that corner and he thought we were bouncing and really loud yesterday. I was across in the West in line with the halfway line with my prawn sandwiches and blanket over the knees.

I just think its blatantly obvious that we need them in the Famous Five to create an atmosphere near the goalmouth, and stop this fantasy notion that a family section in there is relevant to the modern age.

Lago
23-01-2023, 11:43 AM
Not unexpected

LaMotta
23-01-2023, 11:49 AM
Obviously some of it depends on where you sit. My son was in with our Ultras in that corner and he thought we were bouncing and really loud yesterday. I was across in the West in line with the halfway line with my prawn sandwiches and blanket over the knees.

I just think its blatantly obvious that we need them in the Famous Five to create an atmosphere near the goalmouth, and stop this fantasy notion that a family section in there is relevant to the modern age.

100% correct. Given what Kieran Power said last year I was fully expecting some news at some point about safe standing and or singing section in FF lower. Hopefully that will still come.

Helensburghhibs
23-01-2023, 11:50 AM
Will get easier to accommodate as attendances and ST sales drop

Since452
23-01-2023, 11:52 AM
The team don't deserve the numbers that turned up yesterday. Outstanding from the fans under the circumstances. Most of us knew we were going to be well beaten and still turned up in numbers.

h1bs4life
23-01-2023, 12:05 PM

Definitely time for the Ultras to go into the famous five lower.
I thought Clark looked a bit dodgy for them 1st half especially with crosses not sure what he would be like with noisy home fans behind him for the 2nd half.
Not seen any highlights as at the game I take it the famous five had empty spaces

OsiersHibs
23-01-2023, 12:33 PM
Did anyone else notice Porteous giving it the "Cmon" and gesturing to the fans to raise the atmosphere when we were 2-0 down and 8 minutes of added time were announced? Where was the fight long before we were 2-0 down?
The mentality has to be so much stronger.

Leith Green
23-01-2023, 01:24 PM
Club a mess , manager questionable, owners a joke..
But thats right lets have a go at the supporters..

We need to stick together and help force the change required

weecounty hibby
23-01-2023, 01:29 PM
The one ring that isn't wrong with the club right now is the fans. The backing we are giving right now is fantastic all things considered. On our way home on Saturday everyone of the folk on our bus said they were going next week when asked. No one said no, no one said **** it, we all realise where we are and we can't just give up. We can't get into a Butcher season situation so the club needs us and we never let them down. If only the players would stand up and stop letting the fans down!!

Shrekko
23-01-2023, 01:37 PM

For a couple of years Hibs were vibrant and new songs were being created which always seems to happen when teams are doing well. Big away supports are when these start to catch on.

Hearts recent rise and subsequent Euro journeys seem to have galvanised their fan base and they’ve come up with some new songs after a long period of time when they only had 2/3.

They easily outdid us yesterday but it wasn’t a huge surprise - they’re cock a hoop whereas we’re in the doldrums.

7Hero
23-01-2023, 01:38 PM
Think the fans deserve immense credit for still turning up. Absolutely shocking to watch right now and it's not looking like it's getting any better any time soon. For the lack of success we have had over the years the support the club gets is phenomenal . Don't know how anyone can complain about it to be honest. We all deserve medals.