PDA

View Full Version : Lennon

JCHibby
22-01-2023, 05:57 PM
Please get him in, get rid of this DoF nonsense and absolute smoke and mirrors nonsense.

Desperately need passion and drive, a manager that knows the game here and a manager that controls the signings!!

Jones28
22-01-2023, 05:57 PM
No no no no no no no no.

BroxburnHibee
22-01-2023, 05:59 PM
Please get him in, get rid of this DoF nonsense and absolute smoke and mirrors nonsense.

Desperately need passion and drive, a manager that knows the game here and a manager that controls the signings!!

I don't think he's the answer but he did get one thing spot on. Hibs are an absolute boyband.

Scottie
This could get messy. I'm in though. Come on Lenny. Popcorn at the ready

Alex Trager

Come on mate. We need a structure in place with a person who know what they’re doing so we can get continuity in the building.

Lennon could well be the manager under the dof (Whether he’d be a good one is another debate) but getting rid of the DOF and not bringing in another suitable one is why we’ve plummeted like a cannon in 1.5 years.

S4uzee
22-01-2023, 06:00 PM
He wouldn’t work for those clowns in charge

hibee_girl
Lennon is not the answer.

HappyAsHellas
Lennon? Jesus man, step away from the bottle

Colr

Sticking plaster

ErinGoBraghHFC
22-01-2023, 06:02 PM

No more beer son, bed time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcfly
22-01-2023, 06:04 PM
Lennon? Jesus man, step away from the bottle

Why? Would he be worse?

Season is over. We prob won’t get relegated but we are bottom 6 or we might scrape in top 6 but that’s not good enough.

We are miles behind hearts, not only in finance but attitude.

They expect to beat us , we just hope to win.

Until we sort that out we will achieve nothing.

SON OF PADDY
22-01-2023, 06:13 PM
Lennon is not the answer.

Don't get me wrong,he done a brilliant job in his first season.

But when things go wrong he hides blames everyone but himself, done it at Hibs and Celtic.

It's a definite no from me.

Glory Lurker
22-01-2023, 06:15 PM
We've got folk saying being back Lennon, Stubbs and Ross. Ken it's been a brutal day but, come on.

Since452
22-01-2023, 06:15 PM
Lennon wouldn't be inheriting the Scottish Cup holders with one of the best midfields in Scotland. It would be an utter car crash if he became our manager now. Do you not remember the run of form he was on when it ended?

Northernhibee
22-01-2023, 06:16 PM

But when things go wrong he hides blames everyone but himself, done it at Hibs and Celtic.

Correct. The club turned into Lennon FC when he was here, endless Celtic questions at pressers, embarrassing touchline behaviour, and he signed some utter dross. He was very fortunate to take over the best midfield in Scotland.

Left us in a worse state than he found us, and considering how bad we are now it’d be unthinkable for that to happen again.

Libby Hibby
22-01-2023, 06:17 PM
Yes, yes, yes.

Get him in.

I’ve said it for ages now, a better, more passionate manager gets a tune out of this squad. Johnson is almost entering imposter status if he’s not there already.

CMac1988
22-01-2023, 06:18 PM
When things are going well then someone like Lennon who will always strive for more is a great thing to have. He'd never be able to get a tune out of this lot though... No one would. For a spell when he was in charge I've probably never been more confident in a Hibs side in all my life. My most enjoyable period as a Hibs supported outside our cup wins. But again I just can't see it working out. He's his own worst enemy at times.

Iain G
22-01-2023, 06:19 PM
Lennon? More chance of McCartney and Ringo getting a tune out of us! Let it be man!

Since452
22-01-2023, 06:20 PM
I don't think he's the answer but he did get one thing spot on. Hibs are an absolute boyband.

What does that even mean and why is it spot on?

CMac1988
22-01-2023, 06:21 PM

Weak, soft, bottle merchants... blah blah blah. List goes on. Even when we've got the better team we still struggle. That's what he means as 'boyband'. Was a common term used to describe Hibs long before Lennon used it.

Real Emerald
22-01-2023, 06:22 PM
Come on mate. We need a structure in place with a person who know what they’re doing so we can get continuity in the building.

Lennon could well be the manager under the dof (Whether he’d be a good one is another debate) but getting rid of the DOF and not bringing in another suitable one is why we’ve plummeted like a cannon in 1.5 years.

I’ve no idea if Lennon coming back would be good but I worry that whoever is manager or DOF will be doing the job set out by Ron Gordon. Not allowed to speak out, go with his policies, agree to not speak out and continue the spin that all is ok. I’ve no faith that whoever comes in, be it DOF or manager that much will change. He’s simply not given me any trust over his tenure that things will improve. I really hope I’m wrong.

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2023, 06:23 PM
He's the one who got us back to losing regularly to them.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-01-2023, 06:23 PM
No no no no no no no no.

.....There's no limits?

Since452
22-01-2023, 06:25 PM
Weak, soft, bottle merchants... blah blah blah. List goes on. Even when we've got the better team we still struggle. That's what he means as 'boyband'. Was a common term used to descrive Hibs liong before Lennon used it.

Depends what boy band. New Kids On The Block were hard as ****. Wore leather jackets the lot 😉 I thought it was first used to describe Brown, Thomson, Riordan's etc hairstyles at the time. Lennon's definition of it doesn't make any sense.

hibeerealist
22-01-2023, 06:26 PM

Fine with this, last team I enjoyed watching was under Lennon.

Amazinsauzee
22-01-2023, 06:28 PM
Lennon can GTF

Boss_Nass
22-01-2023, 06:35 PM
Johnson should be emptied now and Lennon brought in ASAP. He is first and foremost a winner and a leader. He would galvanise the squad. I would suggest a deal until the end of the season and then seen what happens thereafter. We are out both cups (Johnson special) and only have a European spot to play for - Lennon would get us up that table whilst Johnson is leading us to oblivion. The bed wetting about Lennon is misconceived nonsense from zoomers who idolise Jack Ross. Lennon had two good solid years with us and the final six months was poor but that was in large part to ***** recruitment which Dumpster didn’t resolve. The rest is a disgraceful mess.

Since452
22-01-2023, 06:35 PM
L
L
D
D
D
W
W
D
L
D
L
L
D
L

Lennon's last 14 games with a much better squad. Let's get him back. Out of the frying pan in to the fire.

CMac1988
22-01-2023, 06:36 PM
Depends what boy band. New Kids On The Block were hard as ****. Wore leather jackets the lot 😉 I thought it was first used to describe Brown, Thomson, Riordan's etc hairstyles at the time. Lennon's definition of it doesn't make any sense.

:greengrin

You might be right actually. Least those players were somewhat succsseful. The current squad is more akin to One True Voice... :wink:

HendoDelivered
22-01-2023, 06:37 PM
Lennon wouldn’t work under these clowns

A Hi-Bee
22-01-2023, 06:37 PM

Hear, hear, dont know what the wait is for.
:cb

thebausburst
22-01-2023, 06:38 PM
Lennons record as a manager is in a different stratosphere to Lee Johnson, under Lennon you went into big games with belief we could do something, under Johnson I don’t even feel like that going into the Shan games.

hfc-1875
22-01-2023, 06:38 PM
Davie martindale for me, does some job with livi with one of the lowest budgets in the league.

Since452
22-01-2023, 06:39 PM
Davie martindale for me, does some job with livi with one of the lowest budgets in the league.

Changed my mind. Lennon in.

CMac1988
22-01-2023, 06:39 PM
...Lennon's last 14 games. Let's get him back. Out of the frying pan in to the fire.

12 points in 14 games? LJ it is then with the mighty 13 in 14. :na na:

Joking aside I agree. Not what we need.

Not In The Know
22-01-2023, 06:40 PM
With all due respect anyone who thinks Lennon is the answer I’m afraid to say you don’t know what you are talking about.

hfc-1875
22-01-2023, 06:41 PM
Changed my mind. Lennon in.

Why?

timewilltell
22-01-2023, 06:45 PM
Make no difference. Players are garbage

Diclonius
22-01-2023, 06:58 PM
It's Groundhog Day!

Jones28
22-01-2023, 06:59 PM
It's Groundhog Day!

Again?

Iain G
22-01-2023, 07:09 PM
Johnson should be emptied now and Lennon brought in ASAP. He is first and foremost a winner and a leader. He would galvanise the squad. I would suggest a deal until the end of the season and then seen what happens thereafter. We are out both cups (Johnson special) and only have a European spot to play for - Lennon would get us up that table whilst Johnson is leading us to oblivion. The bed wetting about Lennon is misconceived nonsense from zoomers who idolise Jack Ross. Lennon had two good solid years with us and the final six months was poor but that was in large part to ***** recruitment which Dumpster didn’t resolve. The rest is a disgraceful mess.

Lennon is a loser, and a bad one at that!

Donegal Hibby
22-01-2023, 07:09 PM
Lennons record as a manager is in a different stratosphere to Lee Johnson, under Lennon you went into big games with belief we could do something, under Johnson I don’t even feel like that going into the Shan games.
Lennon managed Celtic who are the top team in there league , Johnson managed Oldham, Barnsley etc , hardly fair making comparisons to there managerial record when one has had it easier than the other . Will make one wee comparison between them though one has either been pushed , sacked or left in bad terms at every club they have been at though.

#2 Double Tap
22-01-2023, 07:19 PM
:nlgwa

Not In The Know
22-01-2023, 07:20 PM

He’s a **** manager. Take John Mcginn out his hibs team and we prob wouldn’t have made it out the championship.

Is It On....
22-01-2023, 07:42 PM
Lennon? More chance of McCartney and Ringo getting a tune out of us! Let it be man!

Help!

Lendo
22-01-2023, 08:02 PM
L
L
D
D
D
W
W
D
L
D
L
L
D
L

Lennon's last 14 games with a much better squad. Let's get him back. Out of the frying pan in to the fire.

It’s wild that people think going back to Lennon would be the solution. I don’t know what the answer is but these result show me that it’s not Lennon.

Nutmegged
22-01-2023, 08:02 PM
Lennon will be at Aberdeen before the end of the season.

Is It On....
22-01-2023, 08:03 PM

Help!

SON OF PADDY
22-01-2023, 08:32 PM
Correct. The club turned into Lennon FC when he was here, endless Celtic questions at pressers, embarrassing touchline behaviour, and he signed some utter dross. He was very fortunate to take over the best midfield in Scotland.

Left us in a worse state than he found us, and considering how bad we are now it’d be unthinkable for that to happen again.

I for the life of me cannot see the Lennon love in, he yesterdays man.

AgentDaleCooper
22-01-2023, 10:03 PM
His stats at Celtic are something to behold, even if things fell apart at the end. The impression i get is that he's great until things go awry. I think him and the board probably not very 'compatible', shall we say.

One thing about Lennon that sets him spart from other managers we've had - he saw our problem, that we're soft as ***** and always have been - and had zero time for it. He set higher standards than any other manager in my lifetime, and for a while it was really getting us somewhere.

He's not the answer just now, but we need someone roughly in his mould IMO - someone capable of inspiring real grit and a seige mentality.

vuefrom1875
22-01-2023, 10:22 PM

Eh...naw nae time for pushers.

wookie70
22-01-2023, 10:34 PM
He would make a bad situation much worse.

Willis1875
22-01-2023, 10:38 PM
Probably wouldn’t work under a DOF unless it was one of his pals
No thanks

WhileTheChief..
22-01-2023, 10:40 PM
Would be the best move we could make, I'd absolutely love it.

The worst times under NL were still better than the best under Maloney or LJ.

I really, really hope we at least approach him. We'll regret to if he ends up at Aberdeen.

WhileTheChief..
22-01-2023, 10:43 PM

That was years ago.

He did ok in Cyprus since then and is maybe a better manager now.

Learnt from his past mistakes and all that. The rest of us learn with experience, maybe he has too?

CallumLaidlaw
22-01-2023, 10:53 PM
That was years ago.

He did ok in Cyprus since then and is maybe a better manager now.

Learnt from his past mistakes and all that. The rest of us learn with experience, maybe he has too?

Did he? He was sacked after 29 games.

WhileTheChief..
22-01-2023, 10:54 PM
From Xmas 2017 to the end of the season...

W
D
D
W
L
W
W
W
D
W
D
W
W
D
W
W
D
L
D

giving us our record points total.

I like to focus on the positives :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
22-01-2023, 10:56 PM
Did he? He was sacked after 29 games.

Basket case owners apparently :wink:

His team played well in Europe.

Glory Lurker
22-01-2023, 11:00 PM
Great four months with Kamberi and McLaren, but chucked the toys at the end when we were in with a chance of second.

Almost won hearts the cup and gave Sevco their only league win, just being the one that stopped 10 in a row.

Let it go, people.

Mcbizz1998
22-01-2023, 11:00 PM
Everyone saying no to Lennon at this point is just ****ing clueless, tbh.

This club is incapable of making obvious signings when they are available, and for some reason would rather persevere with a useless fat jambo than appoint one of our best, and most exciting managers in years.

Get a good DOF in, and give it to Lenny until the end of the season - it simply can NOT be any worse and I’m willing to bet it will be a lot, lot better!!

CallumLaidlaw
22-01-2023, 11:01 PM

This club is incapable of making obvious signings when they are available, and for some reason would rather persevere with a useless fat jambo than appoint one of our best, and most exciting managers in years.

Get a good DOF in, and give it to Lenny until the end of the season - it simply can NOT be any worse and I’m willing to bet it will be a lot, lot better!!

So many things wrong with this post 😂😂😂

Mcbizz1998
22-01-2023, 11:03 PM
So many things wrong with this post [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

LOL [emoji23] [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

A rebuttal?! Nah just emojis.

buktapurple79
22-01-2023, 11:04 PM

Absolute no brainer. Many a single malt has been had since that mare, but just get him in on a temporary basis and things will NOT get worse

WhileTheChief..
22-01-2023, 11:04 PM
Great four months with Kamberi and McLaren, but chucked the toys at the end when we were in with a chance of second.

Almost won hearts the cup and gave Sevco their only league win, just being the one that stopped 10 in a row.

Let it go, people.

It's all i've got.

The faint hope that RG might send a wee txt to see if he's interested is the only positive I can think of right now.

Give me something else......

WhileTheChief..
22-01-2023, 11:05 PM
So many things wrong with this post 😂😂😂

Nah, he's 100% spot on with every word :na na::na na::na na:

Glory Lurker
22-01-2023, 11:06 PM
It's all i've got.

The faint hope that RG might send a wee txt to see if he's interested is the only positive I can think of right now.

The days are getting longer?

WhileTheChief..
22-01-2023, 11:10 PM
Is that it? I'm reduced to being thankful for the rotational properties of the solar system?!

Thing is, there is literally nothing to be positive about Hibs just now. Nothing.

A Lennon rumour would at least give some of the fanbase a lift and he really couldn't do any wore than LJ. Nobody could do any worse than LJ.

Glory Lurker
22-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Is that it? I'm reduced to being thankful for the rotational properties of the solar system?!

Thing is, there is literally nothing to be positive about Hibs just now. Nothing.

A Lennon rumour would at least give some of the fanbase a lift and he really couldn't do any wore than LJ. Nobody could do any worse than LJ.

In fairness the rotational properties of the solar system have served us pretty well over the piece!

22-01-2023, 11:17 PM
LOL [emoji23] [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

A rebuttal?! Nah just emojis.

To be fair your case for getting Lennon back in was that it cannot be any worse so his reply was probably commensurate with it.

wookie70
22-01-2023, 11:30 PM

It can be worse. Imagine those players with a manager berating them and blaming them in the press. I think he would be worse than what we have. He is great at getting a tune out of players who don't need managing. Other than that he is a poor manager

Mcbizz1998
22-01-2023, 11:41 PM
It can be worse. Imagine those players with a manager berating them and blaming them in the press. I think he would be worse than what we have. He is great at getting a tune out of players who don't need managing. Other than that he is a poor manager

Whatever mate. I don’t remember Lennon getting us pumped 6-0 in the space of 3 weeks by Hearts. I don’t remember him taking us to Glasgow to get ****ged 6-1 either.

These players need a ****ing wake up call and to say Lennon would be worse than the utter clown we currently have is at the helm is laughable. The only reason Lennon maybe wouldn’t work is because he wouldn’t stand for the losers mentality from our board, our ****bag players and from fans like you.

LaMotta
22-01-2023, 11:42 PM

We've already got a manager who berates the players and blames them in the press, but also cant get results or sign players of quality.

22-01-2023, 11:45 PM

The reason he was sacked from Omonia is unclear. I'm not buying the 4 defeats in the 1st 7 games line from the club (they were 7th in the table). However an ex-player suggests there's more to it. It's a bit cryptic, partly I think due to the translation, but it does say he "burned" a player. It all sounds a bit like the Kamberi situation and how it ended with us.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/neil-lennon-handed-scathing-omonia-25304585

Maguire
23-01-2023, 12:14 AM
I've no doubt getting Lennon back will give the team a bit of a bounce, but does anyone really believe it would be something to work out longer term? and do we really think he'd agree to working under this cluster of clowns? For me Lennon isn't the answer, who is i have no idea, lets just hope we make a good DOF appointment and things start to turn from there.

JammyDoidger
23-01-2023, 12:20 AM
This clubs a mess, support divided between the good guys(happy clappers) and the bad guys(folk that won't accept being second best ), the next generation of hibs fans I hope aren't as soft as the current and past or we will never go anywhere. Accept defeat, bend over and take it, that's the hibs way as it stands.

23-01-2023, 12:35 AM
This clubs a mess, support divided between the good guys(happy clappers) and the bad guys(folk that won't accept being second best ), the next generation of hibs fans I hope aren't as soft as the current and past or we will never go anywhere. Accept defeat, bend over and take it, that's the hibs way as it stands.

So apart from complaining online, what have you done that puts you as one that won't accept second best?

JammyDoidger
23-01-2023, 12:36 AM
So apart from complaining online, what have you done that puts you as one that won't accept second best?

Complain to the club and vote with my feet, I won't go back until things change.

23-01-2023, 12:41 AM
Complain to the club and vote with my feet, I won't go back until things change.

So nothing so far?

Stuart93
23-01-2023, 12:44 AM
So nothing so far?

He has stated his intentions moving forward in fairness to him.

It’ll probably be a lot more than many will do.

Not that the club will take much notice

silverhibee
23-01-2023, 12:47 AM
It's all i've got.

Roy Keane

WeeRussell
23-01-2023, 01:33 AM

Surely our absolute best move we could make just now can’t be to get Lennon who MIGHT have improved, MAY have learned from mistakes, and just can’t be worse than LJ?!

DJ HIBBY
23-01-2023, 06:49 AM
Arguably our decline can be traced back to Lennon, it’s when our structure of George Craig / Graeme Mathie identifying the players ultimately ended and we ended up with a random signing policy. Lennon works with lot of agents and signed players he wanted to work with. We then had Hecky and Ross who signed largely players they wanted to, which has now left us with a weak squad.

The Modfather
23-01-2023, 07:01 AM

Think it means the type of performances we regularly put in at Tynecastle under Lennon.

WestStandWillie
23-01-2023, 07:03 AM
The weekly Lennon comfort blanket post.

Naw.

Northernhibee
23-01-2023, 07:20 AM
We've already got a manager who berates the players and blames them in the press, but also cant get results or sign players of quality.
Yep, and it’s not working.

Last Minute
23-01-2023, 10:54 AM
Get Lennon in until end of season, then let the DOF sort a long term manager out. Lennon he is dong nowt just now and he will sort the boys form the men out. :nlgwa

ThisIsTheYear
23-01-2023, 11:21 AM
We need Lennons grit and determination, especially in derbies. He couldn’t do any worse… get him in

WhileTheChief..
23-01-2023, 11:49 AM
We need Lennons grit and determination, especially in derbies. He couldn’t do any worse… get him in

:top marksHow anyone can equate Lennon to LJs time here is beyond me.

There's no chance we would continue in such gash form with Lennon as manager.

jakeshibs
23-01-2023, 11:53 AM

Not for me

He had us playing brutal, we were struggling in the league and engineered his own departure from hibs

WhileTheChief..
23-01-2023, 11:59 AM
Roy Keane

Instead of LJ? Definitely.

Instead of Lennon? Nah.

Since452
23-01-2023, 12:00 PM

What about the derbies Lennon lost? The one where he embarrassingly threw himself to the ground holding his face? The one where he threatened to walk away from the club or the one when he disappeared for days left his assistant to face the music? Lennon likes joining teams that are doing pretty well and as soon as they start to struggle he can't handle it and self destructs. If he took over this team he could at least try and get us out the Championship again.

LaMotta
23-01-2023, 12:02 PM
Yep, and it’s not working.

Exactly, difference was Lennon proved he could get results and sign decent players and have us high in the table. And beat Hearts Rangers and Celtic.

It seems if you go on a bad run as a manager (which lets face it is inevitable) then all the good stuff before it must just be ignored. The solution is seemingly to get rid of guys like Lennon and Ross and then replace them with people who only go on bad runs:aok:

jakeshibs
23-01-2023, 12:03 PM

Why is it happy clappers and then the others being folk that won't accept being second best? wonder which impartial side you are on ?

What is the plan for those folk that wont accept anything else? how are they funding all their ambitions? funding buying the club, buying a new manager or buying new players as not heard a decent business plan yet, this new generation want everything given to them, they want a billionaire to come in and splash his cash on your dreams, they moan and whinge cause they have not got their way and it was not gift wrapped for them

If you are not going to contribute any decent ideas and only want to cause divide amongst the hibs supporters best stay off social media or vote with your feet. I love Hibs and everything Hibs, have endured far worse that what I saw yesterday, so man up and get behind the lads, raise money make a difference for the good.

rant over

LaMotta
23-01-2023, 12:06 PM
What about the derbies Lennon lost? The one where he embarrassingly threw himself to the ground holding his face? The one where he threatened to walk away from the club or the one when he disappeared for days left his assistant to face the music? Lennon likes joining teams that are doing pretty well and as soon as they start to struggle he can't handle it and self destructs. If he took over this team he could at least try and get us out the Championship again.

Stubbs, McLeish, Mixu and Lennon are the only managers to not get dominated in Edinburgh derbies overall since the 1970's so I dont think we can be overly critical of how he fared in derbies.

WhileTheChief..
23-01-2023, 12:06 PM

Other than when he left us, when did he do this?

it gets mentioned a lot on here but Celtic were a mess when Mowbray got sacked. It was Lennon who turned them around. Who else has he walked out on? Bolton maybe?

It's easy to focus on a few negatives. You could probably find some during LJs time here but you choose to ignore them!

What about going to Glasgow and winning at Ibrox or thumping Celtic at ER. You must have enjoyed those days?

Jim44
23-01-2023, 12:12 PM
Firstly, I don’t doubt that Lennon, could give us a kick up the behind and get us playing with more grit, direction and determination, but I can never forget his decline with us when his behaviour raised eyebrows and seemed to be actively working his ticket to get away from us. It would be a crazy gamble to turn the clock back.

SickBoy32
23-01-2023, 12:15 PM
Would absolutely improve us, no sure how that can even be up for debate tbh

bingo70
23-01-2023, 12:23 PM
I don’t think it’s as black and white as Lennon good or Lennon bad. I think he has some positive attributes as a manager and some negatives.

IMO the positives he would bring would be his enthusiasm, passion and he would simplify everything away from stats, cliches and nonsense jargon, he would get the players who LJ has hung out to dry feeling good about themselves again. I think in the short term the players would respond to that and I think for a short spell he would arrest the slide and improve the atmosphere about the place.

Longer term, history tells us what happens after a while with Lennon and it would be naive to think he is the long term answer.

I wasn’t a fan of Lennon at all towards the end of his time at Hibs so I’m definitely not a fan boy of his, i do think if he would consider a short term job until the end of the season it would be huge improvement on LJ.

I would want the new DoF to have his own man in place for next season though.

OsiersHibs
23-01-2023, 12:24 PM
Get Lennon in now!

23-01-2023, 12:34 PM
Lennon as Director of Football!

https://i.ibb.co/t3VdmrC/4054908e4c9b0a60c821150af79fe0d7.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

Donegal Hibby
23-01-2023, 01:37 PM
The fact of the matter is I don't think even if LJ goes that Lennon will be considered for the Hibs job now or in the future basically because of serious poor form towards the end of his reign at us but more importantly in his behaviour before he left which was nothing less than disgraceful imo .

WhileTheChief..
23-01-2023, 02:28 PM
I don’t think it’s as black and white as Lennon good or Lennon bad. I think he has some positive attributes as a manager and some negatives.

IMO the positives he would bring would be his enthusiasm, passion and he would simplify everything away from stats, cliches and nonsense jargon, he would get the players who LJ has hung out to dry feeling good about themselves again. I think in the short term the players would respond to that and I think for a short spell he would arrest the slide and improve the atmosphere about the place.

Longer term, history tells us what happens after a while with Lennon and it would be naive to think he is the long term answer.

I wasn’t a fan of Lennon at all towards the end of his time at Hibs so I’m definitely not a fan boy of his, i do think if he would consider a short term job until the end of the season it would be huge improvement on LJ.

I would want the new DoF to have his own man in place for next season though.

That would do me.

And, if the new director of football, after a long and painstaking search for a new manager, discovered the best man was already at the club....

If it's good enough for Budge :greengrin

Since452
23-01-2023, 02:31 PM

it gets mentioned a lot on here but Celtic were a mess when Mowbray got sacked. It was Lennon who turned them around. Who else has he walked out on? Bolton maybe?

It's easy to focus on a few negatives. You could probably find some during LJs time here but you choose to ignore them!

What about going to Glasgow and winning at Ibrox or thumping Celtic at ER. You must have enjoyed those days?

He turned Brendan Rodgers invincibles into a team that gave The Rangers their first ever league win.

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2023, 02:35 PM

Colin Calderwood won 3-0 at Ibrox. Fenlon beat Celtic at Easter road.

Lennon done well for a couple years here. Really well. But his failings were very obvious and he totally lost it when the side Stubbs built left. Why can't you admit that? He lost 3 of his last 5 derbies to a dreadful hearts side.

GreenGray
23-01-2023, 02:40 PM

Lennon done well for a couple years here. Really well. But his failings were very obvious and he totally lost it when the side Stubbs built left. Why can't you admit that? He lost 3 of his last 5 derbies to a dreadful hearts side.

Exactly! Baffles me more people can't see this. I think they just keep their heads in the sand and ignore what his final season was like.

WhileTheChief..
23-01-2023, 03:53 PM

I've never been asked but if I had been I'd gladly 'admit' it.

Look, I see all the same failings and problems as you and others do. Despite what you might think, I'm not daft!!

I still think he's be a huge improvement on LJ though, and personally, Lennon's time at ER was the most enjoyable I can remember, warts n all.

I want some excitement again.

ER has been crap the last few seasons and I want to look forward to going again. Lennon would do that for me, that's all. No biggy, but I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head that I'd rather have.

Let me at least enjoy the thought for a day or two?

shetlandhibee
23-01-2023, 04:02 PM
Would absolutely improve us, no sure how that can even be up for debate tbh
absolutely 👍 I think we missed a trick not getting him in before the cup final ( as I said at the time which I stand by obviously) despite anything that happened before I find it astonishing a lot of people think we would be where we are now if he had been manager this last yr and a half, always thought you had a chance going to Glasgow with him as boss, distant memories now unfortunately if he’s ever considered in the future it’s a big yes from me 🤞

23-01-2023, 04:14 PM

Look, I see all the same failings and problems as you and others do. Despite what you might think, I'm not daft!!

I still think he's be a huge improvement on LJ though, and personally, Lennon's time at ER was the most enjoyable I can remember, warts n all.

ER has been crap the last few seasons and I want to look forward to going again. Lennon would do that for me, that's all. No biggy, but I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head that I'd rather have.

Don't blame you for that and wouldn't begrudge you the daydream. Not sure my ticker could handle the Lennon rollercoaster again though.

Skol
23-01-2023, 04:15 PM
I would welcome Mowbray or Stubbs back. But Lennon would be a big no.

JamesHFC
23-01-2023, 04:44 PM

Tbh since Mcleish our record against Hearts hasn't been great with almost every manager. Stubbs the only manager to win the majority of games he played against the. Under Ross, we lost 3-1 at home to their relegation side a couple of weeks before lockdown, we also lost to their championship side who hardly played a competitive game for about 6 months.

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2023, 04:46 PM

He might be an improvement but honestly, he could be much worse.

Northernhibee
23-01-2023, 04:55 PM
He turned Brendan Rodgers invincibles into a team that gave The Rangers their first ever league win.
And the best midfield in Scotland to Mallan and Slivka.

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2023, 05:01 PM

Tbh, Lennon's best midfield signing was probably Steven Whittaker. Slivka was actually alright too, always seemed to get injured as he was finding form. Mallan started well too.

His real problems were always the forwards. He could never get it to work for long.

Donegal Hibby
23-01-2023, 05:13 PM
I would welcome Mowbray or Stubbs back. But Lennon would be a big no.
I'd be the same would rather mowbray or Stubbs and I'd even have Ross back as well before Lennon . Lennon wouldn't Unite the Hibs fans as a lot like myself I'd imagine wouldn't want him , I really didn't enjoy his pre-match slavering about Celtic when he was Hibs boss either . I still hope LJ can somehow turn things around but if he were to go I'd try if possible Graham Arnold or Liam manning who is out of work at the moment .

Doh Rae Me
23-01-2023, 05:56 PM

Couldn't agree more.
I'm a walk up, an since Lennon's departure I've gradually been doing it less and less.
I've no idea of the attendances while he was our manager but I don't think there were spare tickets available on derby day.
I think bringing him back also attracts players who want to improve knowing what the manager expects.

Go on Ron, bring him home an possibly throw in a couple of million for him to spend.
Cheers

Nutmegged
24-01-2023, 06:37 AM
Lennon will be at Aberdeen before the end of the season.

I should've said before the end of the week...

easty
24-01-2023, 06:42 AM
Couldn't agree more.
I'm a walk up, an since Lennon's departure I've gradually been doing it less and less.
I've no idea of the attendances while he was our manager but I don't think there were spare tickets available on derby day.
I think bringing him back also attracts players who want to improve knowing what the manager expects.

Go on Ron, bring him home an possibly throw in a couple of million for him to spend.
Cheers

A couple of million for him to spend 😂

lyonhibs
24-01-2023, 06:50 AM
To put it euphemistically, I don't think the current squad and Neil Lennon are a good match for each other and hiring him wouldn't end well

Nicho87
24-01-2023, 06:51 AM

That’s not really his fault though was it, mcginn was always going to get his move deservedly.

Dylan bizarrely turned down his offer of a new contract.

Lennon signed Allan on loan then made it permanent only after Celtic as per were a bunch of petulant school boys and wouldn’t release him in the jan window and had to rot in the reserves for 6 months.

But don’t let facts get in the way.

Nutmegged
24-01-2023, 06:51 AM
I'd be the same would rather mowbray or Stubbs and I'd even have Ross back as well before Lennon . Lennon wouldn't Unite the Hibs fans as a lot like myself I'd imagine wouldn't want him , I really didn't enjoy his pre-match slavering about Celtic when he was Hibs boss either . I still hope LJ can somehow turn things around but if he were to go I'd try if possible Graham Arnold or Liam manning who is out of work at the moment .

He was a Celtic icon, he was hardly going to be cold about them, I doubt he set out to talk about them but the press being the press that's often all they wanted to talk to him about, results against them, when they were quite comfortably the best team in the country by a distance were excellent, we were probably their hardest game in Lennon's time.

easty
24-01-2023, 06:54 AM
If Ross or Johnson has inherited a Hibs side with McGinn, McGeough, Allan (when he was fit), Bartley, Cummings, and the Gray/McGregor/Stevenson’s of 5 years ago…I’m sure they’d have done a lot better too.

I’m not convinced Lennon could get a tune out of this squad, I’m not sure there’s many who could.

Recruitment is key here. I’d far rather overhaul that side and keep the manager, than vice versa

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2023, 06:57 AM
Should still be the manager if we had held our nerve after his little poor run and not sided with that Hun Kamberi who stabbed us in the back. Kamberi has been unable to hold down a club since.

OldEast
24-01-2023, 06:58 AM
To put it euphemistically, I don't think the current squad and Neil Lennon are a good match for each other and hiring him wouldn't end well

The current owner and NL would be an even worse match.

easty
24-01-2023, 07:01 AM
Should still be the manager if we had held our nerve after his little poor run and not sided with that Hun Kamberi who stabbed us in the back. Kamberi has been unable to hold down a club since.

Neither has Lennon

lyonhibs
24-01-2023, 07:10 AM
The current owner and NL would be an even worse match.

That also

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2023, 07:12 AM
Neither has Lennon

Not comparable - a player FK’s age should be playing week in, week out.

Iain G
24-01-2023, 07:24 AM

I love revisionist history!

Smartie
24-01-2023, 07:53 AM

I think the rest of our club upstairs from the manager from Neil Lennon would be an even worse fit than he would be with the players.

Safe to say, I’m not in favour of the idea.

bigwheel
24-01-2023, 08:00 AM
I think the rest of our club upstairs from the manager from Neil Lennon would be an even worse fit than he would be with the players.

Safe to say, I’m not in favour of the idea.

I think if we were winning more games, any manager would get on with the owners of the club …

Mainstandman
24-01-2023, 08:03 AM
Imagine if Goodwin goes and he get the aberdeen job for saturday!

BlackSheep
24-01-2023, 08:12 AM
I think those who doubt Lennon’s potential relationship with our owner and ceo are a bit short sighted.

Lennon’s character is exactly the type of person they’d appreciate, no nonsense, taskmaster who has the experience and winning mentality to make the team dig in and lose this boyband tag that’s followed us around for too long… in fact since Lennon left us last time!

We have an owner that’s shown he will provide backing for managers and a ceo that loves to hype up anything… appointing a manager like Lennon plays to both their egos.

The fact that Lennon didn’t see eye to eye with our previous ceo and owner speaks volumes towards how much he would be a fit for the current era.

I can imagine the 3 of them enjoying a wee drink together, toasting their success!

Since452
24-01-2023, 08:13 AM
Imagine if Goodwin goes and he get the aberdeen job for saturday!

Does he have the same agent as Roberto Martinez?

offshorehibby
24-01-2023, 02:35 PM
Lennons a prick and apart from celtic where even I could put a team together, he's done absolutely nowt anywhere.

Hibiza
24-01-2023, 02:37 PM
Bring back Lenny.

JamesHFC
24-01-2023, 02:37 PM
Lennons a prick and apart from celtic where even I could put a team together, he's done absolutely nowt anywhere.

Got us promoted and the most points in the top flight we've had for decades 🤷*♂️

Since452
24-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Got us promoted and the most points in the top flight we've had for decades ��*♂️

Getting Hibs promoted isn't an achievement. It might have been with Rangers and Hearts in the same league. Sure he got us promoted with the same points we got in the previous two seasons. Much weaker league though.

Season back was great but we ultimately finished 4th. Beaten by Jack Ross.

offshorehibby
24-01-2023, 02:49 PM
Got us promoted and the most points in the top flight we've had for decades 🤷*♂️

Oh that'll right near the top of his crap CV.

24-01-2023, 03:34 PM

The architect that drew up the plans for HTC is to blame for Lennon getting the sack. 😀 If the dressing room door wasn't 5 feet straight across the corridor from the cafeteria entrance then Leeann would never have heard Lennon giving Kamberi the Martindale treatment whilst she was tucking into her veggie spag bol. 🤔

MrRobot
24-01-2023, 03:42 PM
Does anybody know the actual story of what happened between Lennon and Kamberi? Always been pretty intrigued but it’s pretty vague that he ‘went mental’ at him.

wills
24-01-2023, 03:43 PM
Lennon is a no from me, that ship has sailed. Can’t remember any quality player he brought in.

Ray_
24-01-2023, 03:52 PM
Lennon is a no from me, that ship has sailed. Can’t remember any quality player he brought in.

Offi & Efe were pretty decent, as was Scott Allan, Chris Commons & Anthony Stokes. Like it or not, Florian Kamberi & Jamie Maclaren, brought that bit extra, when they came in.

The Harp Awakes
24-01-2023, 04:05 PM
LS has played under a shed load of Hibs Managers and he rated Lennon very highly.

Lenny knows the club and I'm pretty sure he would get rid of the soft, half hearted attitude pretty quickly.

His problem of course is not just the poor attitude of the players but also the cr@p quality, which would take longer to fix.

I'm for jumping on the roller-coaster again. Hibs are in need of major surgery but if we can start getting some excitement back that would do for me. Go get Lenny in.

Nutmegged
24-01-2023, 04:12 PM

That's no really true, he kept a terrible Bolton up in his fiest season against all the odds, so much so that he was touted for a gig at Leicester City, he won us the Championship comfortably, and then got us our highest ever
top flight points total, then he won the Cypriot National Associstion Cup with Omonia.

If you don't fancy Lennon that's fine but making things up to suit a narrative doesn't do the conversation any justice what so ever.

Nutmegged
24-01-2023, 04:16 PM

We wouldn't have got anywhere near that record points total in 2017-18 if he didn't being in Kamberi, MacLaren and Allan

WhileTheChief..
24-01-2023, 04:32 PM

:top marksTotally agree.

LD picked the wrong side in that fight, leading to where we are now!

Jones28
24-01-2023, 05:55 PM

Hahahahaha

Oh jeez people agree with this nonsense!

Absolutely hilarious

BlackSheep
24-01-2023, 06:09 PM
Hahahahaha

Oh jeez people agree with this nonsense!

Absolutely hilarious

It’s pretty close to the truth tho… at the time the fan base had a love in with Kamberi from his previous season with us and Lenny had made a few public comments that irked a lot of fans… next the two fall out and the vocal public sided with Kamberi, as did Dempster…. Next thing we know Lennon is gone and so begins the downloaded spiral…

Northernhibee
24-01-2023, 06:14 PM
It’s pretty close to the truth tho… at the time the fan base had a love in with Kamberi from his previous season with us and Lenny had made a few public comments that irked a lot of fans… next the two fall out and the vocal public sided with Kamberi, as did Dempster…. Next thing we know Lennon is gone and so begins the downloaded spiral…

Our form was horrific before he was sacked, got more than enough opportunity to turn it around, and team selections were arguably as bad as LJs in the end.

Heisenberg
24-01-2023, 06:19 PM
Our form was horrific before he was sacked, got more than enough opportunity to turn it around, and team selections were arguably as bad as LJs in the end.

It’s like some people have had that completely wiped from their memories. The team he put out at Kilmarnock is as bad as anything LJ has done this season.

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2023, 06:24 PM
It’s like some people have had that completely wiped from their memories. The team he put out at Kilmarnock is as bad as anything LJ has done this season.

Na, it was Kamberis fault :faf:

Jack Ross actually achieved more at Hibs, after Neil Lennon, in less time. There is just no argument that sacking Lennon was what lead us to this point (I don't especially think sacking Ross was, but its certainly more related than Lennon)

Nutmegged
24-01-2023, 06:34 PM

Our form was brutal by the time he left but he'd built up enough money in the bank to be given time, so many things went against us, we were never going to replace McGinn/McGeouch/Allan in one window, MacLaren took forever to sign back up, by the time he did his fitness was miles behind the rest of the squad too then Kamberi started phoning it in because he didn't feel like he didn't like being criticised.

We just came off a record points total, the Huns went all in on Gerrard so they were strengthening while we were severely weakening, we should've took a step back, put plans in place for summer targets and just rode out the rest of the season, I think we would've been in a far better place as a club if we showed that patience with someone who had already served us very well, if by the following January things hadn't improved then you can cut ties with him but at least we would've gave ourselves a fighting chance with a manager who's achieved more things than any other manager we'd likely ever to be able to attract.

Chorley Hibee
24-01-2023, 06:36 PM
We wouldn't have got anywhere near that record points total in 2017-18 if he didn't being in Kamberi, MacLaren and Allan

Add Marciano and Efe to that list too.

greenlex
24-01-2023, 06:40 PM
Our form was brutal by the time he left but he'd built up enough money in the bank to be given time, so many things went against us, we were never going to replace McGinn/McGeouch/Allan in one window, MacLaren took forever to sign back up, by the time he did his fitness was miles behind the rest of the squad too then Kamberi started phoning it in because he didn't feel like he didn't like being criticised.

We just came off a record points total, the Huns went all in on Gerrard so they were strengthening while we were severely weakening, we should've took a step back, put plans in place for summer targets and just rode out the rest of the season, I think we would've been in a far better place as a club if we showed that patience with someone who had already served us very well, if by the following January things hadn't improved then you can cut ties with him but at least we would've gave ourselves a fighting chance with a manager who's achieved more things than any other manager we'd likely ever to be able to attract.
You could just have about described his replacement rather than Lennon.

StirlingHibee
24-01-2023, 06:45 PM
With my rationale head on I'm not sure Lennon is the right answer, however, it was during his tenure that I last felt any sort of enthusiasm going to watch Hibs.

Since452
25-01-2023, 05:49 AM
This Hibs team would batter the one of Lennon's final 15 games.

SickBoy32
25-01-2023, 06:34 AM

Haha geez peace

thebausburst
25-01-2023, 06:52 AM
The difference with Lennon was the team, generally speaking, performed in the big games whereas LJ can’t win a big game or to be honest any game to save himself. In 9 months he’s failed to improve ANY aspect of the team with defence, midfield and attack all worse than when he came in. He’s failed to bring in any decent players from England which used to be the main benefit of a manager whose spent his career to date there. Now rumours are the players are unhapppy, don’t like him blah blah, what does he actually bring in terms of qualities that folk want to keep him?

ddoc
25-01-2023, 07:00 AM

This team would struggle to batter fish.

Stokesy's on fire
25-01-2023, 07:19 AM
With my rationale head on I'm not sure Lennon is the right answer, however, it was during his tenure that I last felt any sort of enthusiasm going to watch Hibs.

Odd as loved going to games when Lennon was about. I want him back

WhileTheChief..
25-01-2023, 07:35 AM

Are you still fully backing LJ?

I know you were delighted with his appointment and you’ve been consistent with your absolute belief he’s the right man this is getting silly now.

You’re only focussing on Lennon’s poor run of results. Why not try looking at LJs poor run of results and compare them?

To even try and suggest things were worse under Lennon than they are now is ridiculous.

Mcbizz1998
25-01-2023, 08:31 AM

[emoji23][emoji23]

No it absolutely would not.

Scottie
25-01-2023, 08:33 AM
:faf:

flash
25-01-2023, 08:33 AM

That's a bit harsh. He's only 19 and doing his best.

#2 Double Tap
25-01-2023, 08:38 AM
That's a bit harsh. He's only 19 and doing his best.

Where there’s a will there’s a way Eh

AgentDaleCooper
25-01-2023, 09:48 AM
One telling thing about Lennon's time here is that our home record in derbies was better than anyone else I can remember - won 3, lost 1

He really knew how to get across to the team that you just don't lose at home to your biggest rivals.

Donegal Hibby
25-01-2023, 09:51 AM
When Johnson became Hibs manager he took over a team that was in decline for at least over a year before he was appointed with players signed by the previous manager's on long contracts that simply aren't good enough and a really poor recruitment team that are responsible for signing poor quality players. Facts are it was always going to be a hard Job for LJ or any other manager as well . Taking over Hibs when he did wasn't the best of times imo.

When Lennon took over he had a pretty good team already built for him plus the fact it was on a high after winning the cup . With Hibs being in the championship there was only one way we could go and that was up ! .The following year was certainly enjoyable though again Lennon had a pretty good team built for him and confidence, moral still high after both our cup win and winning the league . After that it was all downhill with some bad results and a horrible row that lead to Lennon leaving.

Johnson is said to be a slaver and yet I often remember Lennon pre -match going on about Celtic and thinking your Hibs manager , why are you talking about Celtic? . That always had me wondering about the spat he had at Hibs , did it suit him to have it so he could get back to parkhead .His first stint at Celtic was successful though they have only one other team to beat. After that he's left Bolton by mutual consent, suspended and left us went back to Celtic and Done terrible , basically pushed out the door and sacked at Omonia . Not a great record.

If Johnson were to go I just don't see him as someone that's capable of sorting us out and building a team .What I would say is I'd have him back before McInnes, Keane , martindale or Kevin Thomson as he would be much better than these . Though I'd rather none of them and rather see us appoint someone different if LJ goes .

AgentDaleCooper
25-01-2023, 10:00 AM
When Johnson became Hibs manager he took over a team that was in decline for at least over a year before he was appointed with players signed by the previous manager's on long contracts that simply aren't good enough and a really poor recruitment team that are responsible for signing poor quality players. Facts are it was always going to be a hard Job for LJ or any other manager as well . Taking over Hibs when he did wasn't the best of times imo.

When Lennon took over he had a pretty good team already built for him plus the fact it was on a high after winning the cup . With Hibs being in the championship there was only one way we could go and that was up ! .The following year was certainly enjoyable though again Lennon had a pretty good team built for him and confidence, moral still high after both our cup win and winning the league . After that it was all downhill with some bad results and a horrible row that lead to Lennon leaving.

Johnson is said to be a slaver and yet I often remember Lennon pre -match going on about Celtic and thinking your Hibs manager , why are you talking about Celtic? . That always had me wondering about the spat he had at Hibs , did it suit him to have it so he could get back to parkhead .His first stint at Celtic was successful though they have only one other team to beat. After that he's left Bolton by mutual consent, suspended and left us went back to Celtic and Done terrible , basically pushed out the door and sacked at Omonia . Not a great record.

If Johnson were to go I just don't see him as someone that's capable of sorting us out and building a team .What I would say is I'd have him back before McInnes, Keane , martindale or Kevin Thomson as he would be much better than these . Though I'd rather none of them and rather see us appoint someone different if LJ goes .

his win % in the second stint was basically the same as the first - 70.05 % v 70%

he lost 10 in a row, which was bad, but it looks worse than it actually is IMO.

Donegal Hibby
25-01-2023, 10:10 AM
his win % in the second stint was basically the same as the first - 70.05 % v 70%

he lost 10 in a row, which was bad, but it looks worse than it actually is IMO.
That is actually interesting I wouldn't have thought it would have been as close as that specially when it felt like Celtic had really declined in his 2nd stint . Losing the 10 in a row was a shock as one time they looked so far ahead of the Huns , just goes to show how quickly things can change at a football club too.

easty
25-01-2023, 10:12 AM
One telling thing about Lennon's time here is that our home record in derbies was better than anyone else I can remember - won 3, lost 1

He really knew how to get across to the team that you just don't lose at home to your biggest rivals.

1 of his last games was a home defeat to hearts, and that was the 5th game in a row we’d failed to beat them.

Chorley Hibee
25-01-2023, 10:15 AM
That is actually interesting I wouldn't have thought it would have been as close as that specially when it felt like Celtic had really declined in his 2nd stint . Losing the 10 in a row was a shock as one time they looked so far ahead of the Huns , just goes to show how quickly things can change at a football club too.

I think it's difficult to judge that season for any club, as playing in front of no crowds brought a whole different dynamic to games.

AgentDaleCooper
25-01-2023, 10:22 AM
1 of his last games was a home defeat to hearts, and that was the 5th game in a row we’d failed to beat them.

for the sake of accuracy, it was the 4th game in a row...but i definitely agree that the wheels came tumbling off, which does seem to be a thing that happens with lennon - starts of great then falls apart.

i'm not saying he's the answer, but the more i think about it, getting him in until the end of the season doesn't seem like a bad idea, and in the long run, we need someone in his mould to set the tone at hibs and fundamentally change the club's mindset.

Jones28
25-01-2023, 10:37 AM

Lennons last derby:

3-4-1-2

Bogdan

Whittaker
Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Mackie

Slivka
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi
Shaw

Bench:
Gray
Bartley
Hyndman
Gullan
Allan
Campbell
Dabrowski

Sunday:

4-3-3

Marshall

Cadden
Bushiri
Porteous
Cabraja

Campbell
Jeggo
Stevenson

McGeady
Nisbet
Youan

Bench:

Miller
Hanlon
Tavares
Schofield
Henderson
McKirdy
Fish
MacIntyre
Laidlaw

To be honest I think I'd suggest Lennons team would beat the current lot, particularly in terms of goals conceded.

MWHIBBIES
25-01-2023, 11:16 AM
Lennons last derby:

3-4-1-2

Bogdan

Whittaker
Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Mackie

Slivka
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi
Shaw

Bench:
Gray
Bartley
Hyndman
Gullan
Allan
Campbell
Dabrowski

Sunday:

4-3-3

Marshall

Cadden
Bushiri
Porteous
Cabraja

Campbell
Jeggo
Stevenson

McGeady
Nisbet
Youan

Bench:

Miller
Hanlon
Tavares
Schofield
Henderson
McKirdy
Fish
MacIntyre
Laidlaw

To be honest I think I'd suggest Lennons team would beat the current lot, particularly in terms of goals conceded.

God, to think Lennon took the cup winning side and turned it into that.

Steve20
25-01-2023, 11:18 AM
Lennons last derby:

3-4-1-2

Bogdan

Whittaker
Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Mackie

Slivka
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi
Shaw

Bench:
Gray
Bartley
Hyndman
Gullan
Allan
Campbell
Dabrowski

Sunday:

4-3-3

Marshall

Cadden
Bushiri
Porteous
Cabraja

Campbell
Jeggo
Stevenson

McGeady
Nisbet
Youan

Bench:

Miller
Hanlon
Tavares
Schofield
Henderson
McKirdy
Fish
MacIntyre
Laidlaw

That Lennon team is an absolute state. But would easily beat this bunch of losers.

Donegal Hibby
25-01-2023, 11:23 AM
I think it's difficult to judge that season for any club, as playing in front of no crowds brought a whole different dynamic to games.
It certainly was a new thing for any football club to deal with though sadly sevco seemed to deal with it better which I think was down to them recruiting better players than Celtic. Lennon was much the same as Johnson that year in respect to signing poor players. I often wondered if Celtic's downfall that year was entirely Lennon's fault or ( like Hibs now ) just down to really bad recruitment?.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-spent-31m-transfer-fees-22972833

Donegal Hibby
25-01-2023, 11:26 AM
It could be said that was the start of our downfall to be honest.

AgentDaleCooper
25-01-2023, 12:26 PM

To be fair, he lost a stellar midfield trio in one window that was never going to be replaceable like-for-like

Jones28
25-01-2023, 01:52 PM

Things Lennon did in his last few months:

2 wins in 14.
7 defenders on the pitch against Kilmarnock - a game we lost 3-0.
Stopped doing press conferences.
Hung Kamberi out to dry numerous times - it's no wonder he wanted out.
Bumped the average age of the squad up to about 30.

The downward spiral started long before NL left the club.

Stubbsy90+2
25-01-2023, 02:41 PM
That Lennon team is an absolute state. But would easily beat this bunch of losers.

Without breaking sweat.

Logie
25-01-2023, 02:42 PM
Get him in we could be doing with another CM

Nakedmanoncrack
25-01-2023, 02:52 PM

What about his away record in derbies?

AgentDaleCooper
25-01-2023, 02:56 PM

2 wins in 14.

it started the summer that we lost SJM, McGeouch and Allan, as well as failing to keep McLaren, who had formed a good partnership with Kamberi.

AgentDaleCooper
25-01-2023, 02:56 PM
What about his away record in derbies?

pretty much the same as every other recent hibs manager - only Ross, Hecky and Fenlon have won at Tynie in the last 10 years.

loanheadhibby
25-01-2023, 02:58 PM

This Hibs team couldn't batter anyone.
Do you actually attend any games?

The Modfather
25-01-2023, 03:03 PM
pretty much the same as every other recent hibs manager

Ross and Heckingbottom both won at Tynecastle. Levein had Lennons number when we went there.

AgentDaleCooper
25-01-2023, 03:42 PM
Ross and Heckingbottom both won at Tynecastle. Levein had Lennons number when we went there.

True - Heckingbottom only actually had one game at Tynecaste, so in a sense he had a perfect record :wink:

I think it's slightly unfair to say Levein had Lennon's number - his record includes 3 draws, which isn't that bad.

Since452
25-01-2023, 03:45 PM
This Hibs team couldn't batter anyone.
Do you actually attend any games?

Hibs 4 Livingston 0

Northernhibee
25-01-2023, 04:22 PM

2 wins in 14.

A lot of the things LJ is slated for was also similar under Lennons last few months at the club. Questionable tactics, bizarre team selections, awful recruitment, taking credit when going well and throwing players under the bus when not (Kamberi a prime example). Capable of talking utter pish as well.

It goes to show you how much credit he had in the bank for that good half season, because that last run of games was as bad as anything we’ve seen under LJ.

SickBoy32
25-01-2023, 04:26 PM
It goes to show you how much credit he had in the bank for that good half season, because that last run of games was as bad as anything we’ve seen under LJ.

Lennon didn’t get pumped home an away by the tramps for starters

Jones28
25-01-2023, 05:37 PM
Lennon didn’t get pumped home an away by the tramps for starters

He still lost home and away to them. With an infinitely better team at his disposal. In the cup as well.

Northernhibee
25-01-2023, 05:38 PM
He still lost home and away to them. With an infinitely better team at his disposal. In the cup as well.
Wasn’t Cathro and then Levein manager for them at the time too?

Jones28
25-01-2023, 05:39 PM
Wasn’t Cathro and then Levein manager for them at the time too?

Yeah I think you’re right, Levein certainly was.