PDA

View Full Version : Biggest home defeat to Hearts since 1997

Diclonius
22-01-2023, 04:04 PM
Hit the post twice though.

Since452
22-01-2023, 04:06 PM
Nothing between the teams. Just three goals and one extra player.

SickBoy32
22-01-2023, 04:07 PM
Don’t see how the manager can survive 3nil home an away

BK an co need to follow

Nicho87
22-01-2023, 04:07 PM
Only 6 - 0 on aggregate on the last two games

We hit the post twice too.

Details

One Day Soon
22-01-2023, 04:10 PM
Only 6 - 0 on aggregate on the last two games

We hit the post twice too.

Details

And one of their goals today was on their first 'box entry'. Still, I'm sure our stats and levels must have beaten theirs. When exactly is the next round of the performance statistics cup?

Maguire
22-01-2023, 04:15 PM
Really sunk in today that we're falling so far behind them as a club, in every aspect. My fear is that they'll continue to kick on and qualify for europe raking in millions taking them to a completely different level while we're left battling it out with teams like Motherwell and Livingston.

The alarming thing for me today was the bench. just about all of hearts subs apart from the keeper would walk into our squad, not to mention the injuries they still have (Boyce, Halkitt, Beningme, Gordon etc). The sooner we appoint a DOF the better, season is a write off now and we should concentrate on shaping the squad for next season and try trim the dross. We MUST making Nisbett an offer that makes him our highest paid player, if we don't sell him this window we're going to have another Porto situation on our hands

Waxy
22-01-2023, 04:18 PM
We’ll stats still matter.
It’s about time hearts we’re drawn on the same side of the draw as Celtic in this cup.
Shankland will be sold soon and they’ll go back to losing against Brora again.

HarpOnHibee
22-01-2023, 04:21 PM
Well stats still matter.

They really really don't.

One Day Soon
22-01-2023, 04:21 PM
Really sunk in today that we're falling so far behind them as a club, in every aspect. My fear is that they'll continue to kick on and qualify for europe raking in millions taking them to a completely different level while we're left battling it out with teams like Motherwell and Livingston.

The alarming thing for me today was the bench. just about all of hearts subs apart from the keeper would walk into our squad, not to mention the injuries they still have (Boyce, Halkitt, Beningme, Gordon etc). The sooner we appoint a DOF the better, season is a write off now and we should concentrate on shaping the squad for next season and try trim the dross. We MUST making Nisbett an offer that makes him our highest paid player, if we don't sell him this window we're going to have another Porto situation on our hands

There is absolutely no chance Nisbet signs a new contract. None.

It is actually very difficult to overstate just how spectacular a mess has been made of the signings we've chosen, the players we have given long term contracts and the players we have failed to tie in with a view to future sales.

Internally - catering facilities and revenues from those aside - we have been a clown-car of a club for quite some time.

Maguire
22-01-2023, 04:26 PM

It is actually very difficult to overstate just how spectacular a mess has been made of the signings we've chosen, the players we have given long term contracts and the players we have failed to tie in with a view to future sales.

Internally - catering facilities and revenues from those aside - we have been a clown-car of a club for quite some time.

You're probably right, more just wishful thinking on my part. And to put yourself in his shoes, why the hell would he want to extend his contract under this absolute circus. I'm desperate for Lee to give some of the younger lads a shot, can't be any worse and we've always had a good record with strikers breaking through

Diclonius
22-01-2023, 04:27 PM
It’s about time hearts we’re drawn on the same side of the draw as Celtic in this cup.

Forgot Brora have more wins against Hearts than we do this decade. Thanks for the reminder.

wookie70
22-01-2023, 04:30 PM

We could have not signed Jair and Henderson and added all that to Porteous salary and possibly have kept him. Do the same for McGeady and McKirdy for Nisbet and fill those position with under 19s and would would be in better shape. Now we have players who will never make it but have ridiculously long contracts. Meanwhile one of our assets will leave cheaply in the next few days and Nisbet will be away in the summer. It is not that long ago Simon Murray and Oli Shaw were making us six figures and now I recon we would create gridlock in the streets of Edinburgh if Henderson, Taveres etc said they would leave if they could get a lift. The problem with betting long odds all the time is you usually end up chasing your bets and teh wins never feel that good as they are so few and far between.

It makes it all the worse when our neighbours seem to be doing now what we were under Leeann and we have regressed to a green version of them under Cathro

Hermit Crab
22-01-2023, 04:31 PM
Hit the post twice though.

Whats that? 6 defeats and 3 draws since we last beat them? Unacceptable.

The 6 goals shipped to them in 3 weeks without reply is even less acceptable.

Just go Johnson before you get us relegated. Out both cups at the first time of asking as well. Absolute clown

ShetlandHibby
22-01-2023, 04:44 PM
The worrying thing I keep hearing is how bad hearts are or that they’re an average team at best. If that’s true just how bad are we? Cos they’ve pumped us 3-0 twice in 3 weeks.

lyonhibs
22-01-2023, 04:46 PM
Deserved better tbf. Just needed our goals to be a bit smaller and theirs a bit bigger and their chances to be a wee bit ****ter

brokenglass
22-01-2023, 04:47 PM

This isn’t even going to be a quick fix. It’s going to take at least a couple of seasons to get rid of the dead wood and that’s if anyone wants to buy them. The loan signings will be off and we have a few aging players that will need to be replaced soon. The better players will be sold and hopefully the money will go towards recruitment. The new DOF is going to have one hell of a job and needs to hit the ground running.

Tyler Durden
22-01-2023, 05:21 PM
You're probably right, more just wishful thinking on my part. And to put yourself in his shoes, why the hell would he want to extend his contract under this absolute circus. I'm desperate for Lee to give some of the younger lads a shot, can't be any worse and we've always had a good record with strikers breaking through

Nisbet is part of the problem. Happy for him to leave whenever he wants tbh

Another derby that passed him by

Hibees1973
22-01-2023, 05:26 PM
Nisbet is part of the problem. Happy for him to leave whenever he wants tbh

Another derby that passed him by

What a ridiculous comment.

Once Porteous leaves he is the only one we have anywhere near the Scotland squad. The only one we have worth a significant amount of money.

As the earlier poster said there is no danger he will sign another contract. The same as Porteous I would not blame him if he wants to leave, given the dross signed and who he has to play with.

Tyler Durden
22-01-2023, 05:28 PM
What a ridiculous comment.

Once Porteous leaves he is the only one we have anywhere near the Scotland squad. The only one we have worth a significant amount of money.

As the earlier poster said there is no danger he will sign another contract. The same as Porteous I would not blame him if he wants to leave, given the dross signed and who he has to play with.

Nisbet is nothing special. If we get a decent fee, let him go now. The season is over anyway

He’s no interest in Hibs as he’s shown when he downs tools when it suits him.

Easily bullied by decent defenders again today

Jones28
22-01-2023, 05:30 PM
Nisbet is nothing special. If we get a decent fee, let him go now. The season is over anyway

He looked like he was injured in the first half.

HarpOnHibee
22-01-2023, 05:33 PM
Deserved better tbf. Just needed our goals to be a bit smaller and theirs a bit bigger and their chances to be a wee bit ****ter

We'll just make our goals a bit smaller and theirs a bit bigger for the next derby then. Problem solved. :agree:

Alfred E Newman
22-01-2023, 05:36 PM

Far fro being bullied I thought he won most of his duels but with McGeady on one touchline and Youan on the other it didn't make a bit of difference.

brokenglass
22-01-2023, 05:53 PM

This isn’t even going to be a quick fix. It’s going to take at least a couple of seasons to get rid of the dead wood and that’s if anyone wants to buy them. The loan signings will be off and we have a few aging players that will need to be replaced soon. The better players will be sold and hopefully the money will go towards recruitment. The new DOF is going to have one hell of a job and needs to hit the ground running.

CL0762
22-01-2023, 06:01 PM
Losers throughout the club from top to bottom.

At least we performed well in the second half at Tynie and today though eh.

Absolute *****.

Beating us is absolutely ****ing ingrained on them from the minute they walk in the door. That’s why even when they’re useless and ***** and we’re on the up, they’ll still sneak a win against us here and there.

I'm Spartacus
22-01-2023, 06:20 PM

"Same side of the draw as Celtic" What have you been smoking? It's not a World Cup wall chart FFS.

Malthibby
22-01-2023, 06:25 PM

We're all hurting but just think you are wrong. He's been scoring for fun since coming back - today he looked like he was carrying an injury & limped off at the end.
If he has no interest he would not have finished the match.
I think we will find he is very special.

A Hi-Bee
22-01-2023, 07:11 PM

Been saying the same for ages, Hibs really have not woke up and smelled the coffee yet, we are in real danger of them gunts getting so far ahead of us, that we may never catch up. can someone no just tell that sheite who invests in them to give his cash to the gorgie farm instead, then it would never be in fear of closing and that wee farm serves a far better purpose than the manky broon shower.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-01-2023, 09:25 PM
"Same side of the draw as Celtic" What have you been smoking? It's not a World Cup wall chart FFS.

:faf:

loanheadhibby
22-01-2023, 10:26 PM

At last a sensible and realistic post.

LaMotta
22-01-2023, 10:28 PM

It's not over - we will need his goals to ensure we stay up.

He didnt get many chances today, but thought his overall play was excellent in the first half particularly. He looks far stronger and sharper than before - and he was clearly nursing an injury with his leg heavily strapped.

B.H.F.C
22-01-2023, 10:35 PM
It's not over - we will need his goals to ensure we stay up.

He didnt get many chances today, but thought his overall play was excellent in the first half particularly. He looks far stronger and sharper than before - and he was clearly nursing an injury with his leg heavily strapped.

Nisbet won his share of the multiple balls that were shelled in his direction. Didn’t think he could have done much more today on that side of stuff.

Thought he should have played Campbell in rather than go himself when he got brought down outside the box in the first half though.

LaMotta
22-01-2023, 10:38 PM
Nisbet won his share of the multiple balls that were shelled in his direction. Didn’t think he could have done much more today on that side of stuff.

Thought he should have played Campbell in rather than go himself when he got brought down outside the box in the first half though.

Could he have played in Campbell to his left? I was too busy screaming at the ref after Cochrane walloped somebody off the ball just before for his booking so lost track a bit. And how Sibbick never got booked for that tackle on Nisbet is a mystery. Hibs management team were going mad at Beaton on the sidelines about that.

B.H.F.C
22-01-2023, 10:42 PM
Could he have played in Campbell to his left? I was too busy screaming at the ref after Cochrane walloped somebody off the ball just before for his booking so lost track a bit. And how Sibbick never got booked for that tackle on Nisbet is a mystery. Hibs management team were going mad at Beaton on the sidelines about that.

I’ve no seen it back but I thought he could have aye. I didn’t think Campbell made a good run initially but both the defenders went towards Nisbet and it seemed to open right up. Everyone around me shouted on him to pass just before he got taken out.

LaMotta
22-01-2023, 10:44 PM
I’ve no seen it back but I thought he could have aye. I didn’t think Campbell made a good run initially but both the defenders went towards Nisbet and it seemed to open right up. Everyone around me shouted on him to pass just before he got taken out.

Decision making in the final third proving a big problem.

lyonhibs
23-01-2023, 07:33 AM
We'll just make our goals a bit smaller and theirs a bit bigger for the next derby then. Problem solved. :agree:

That'll likely fix it...... 😅