PDA

View Full Version : Porto

dp00
22-01-2023, 03:17 PM
Hope he goes, cost first goal with a silly challenge resulting in free kick, then spent game punting it up field aimlessly

No where near as good as he thinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
22-01-2023, 03:18 PM
Normally I'd agree but we'll just replace him with a 17 year old from Boavista or something.

yerauldda
22-01-2023, 03:19 PM
Total loser. Rocky consistently better than him this season.

Northernhibee
If he was half the player he thought he was he’d be at Man City.

BoyledEgg
All he had to do was knock it out the park, instead he think he’s better than what he is and tries something daft resulting in a free kick. Brutal.

Mon Dieu4
22-01-2023, 03:22 PM
Will go on to have a class career as he's a class player, hope Hibs are in the process of telling him that he's not being sold in this window now Rocky looks to be ****ed

cameronw-hfc
22-01-2023, 03:23 PM
Been slated for saying he's been crap, but he's been crap this season for the most part. Few nice passes and everyone forgets his consistent bombscare moments, needless fouls and shocking dives.

Northernhibee
22-01-2023, 03:23 PM
When he moves to a bigger club he’s going to have a hell of a shock if he goes in with the same attitude.

Since452
22-01-2023, 03:24 PM
You can see why he's never won a derby.

neil7908
22-01-2023, 03:25 PM
He's still maddeningly inconsistent. I think moving is right for him but he could he got us soon money at least.

He'll need to cope with being a small fish in a big pond, the opposite of here. We'll see if he has the mentality for that. Players and managers in Italy won't be putting up with some of the pish he gets up to.

Swedish hibee
22-01-2023, 03:26 PM
Let's not turn on our own.

CMac1988
22-01-2023, 03:28 PM
He's got all the right attributes but still makes the same mistakes. Woefully inconsistent and on the balance of play has cost us more this season in points against contribtuions. More talented than the opposition centre halves but they were solid and made less misatkes combined than he made alone. Replaceable... just not by our management/recruitment team.

He'll go on to have a good career and a fresh start will probably do him wonders.

yerauldda
22-01-2023, 03:35 PM

I don’t think it’s turning on our own. Nowhere near as good as is often made out.

Been in the first team for 5/6 years and hasn’t won a derby. Dreadful today.

Since452
22-01-2023, 03:38 PM

One of our own that doesn't want to be here ? **** him. Hope he's out the club tomorrow.

neil7908
22-01-2023, 03:39 PM

If he was our own he would have signed a new contract with the club. He can't have it both ways.

Smartie
22-01-2023, 03:41 PM
You can see why he's never won a derby.

:agree:

He lacks the most important attributes, the type that are the difference between the teams on days like today.

There are a few such characters in our team right now.

Carheenlea
22-01-2023, 03:43 PM
If Rocky’s injury proves to be a bad one then Porto might have to be told all bids will now be off. He can bide his time till sumner.

Smartie
22-01-2023, 03:45 PM
He's got all the right attributes but still makes the same mistakes. Woefully inconsistent and on the balance of play has cost us more this season in points against contribtuions. More talented than the opposition centre halves but they were solid and made less misatkes combined than he made alone. Replaceable... just not by our management/recruitment team.

He'll go on to have a good career and a fresh start will probably do him wonders.

He doesn't have the ability to concentrate under pressure for 90 minutes.

That's essential in his position.

See the players on the other side today who were playing in his position.

I don't think this Hibs team improves until he's gone and we've got over thinking he's some sort of indispensable superstar rather than a talented but error prone dafty.

He's actually a pretty deficient footballer between the ears imo.

Hibiza
22-01-2023, 03:45 PM
Porto ! :bye:

Iain G
22-01-2023, 03:46 PM
He doesn't have the ability to concentrate under pressure for 90 minutes.

That's essential in his position.

See the players on the other side today who were playing in his position.

I don't think this Hibs team improves until he's gone and we've got over thinking he's some sort of indispensable superstar rather than a talented but error prone dafty.

He's actually a pretty deficient footballer between the ears imo.

Couple of solid centre backs who love to just defend please 🤞

the_ginger_hibee
22-01-2023, 03:48 PM

Stormed down the tunnel and threw his top away. Played for himself as usual. Be glad to see him gone if only we had any kind of competency in the transfer market to replace, but we don't.

madhatter
22-01-2023, 03:50 PM
Hope he gets sold pronto. He's got talent but his ego is a big problem, in his game and in his attitude generally.

Needs to go to a club where he's not a guaranteed starter every week regardless of how he plays.

Greencore
22-01-2023, 03:50 PM

Not a hibs fan, no true hibs fan would leave for nothing. Even Jason Cummings signed a deal to get us cash, Let Blackburn deal with his Billy big baws attitude. Guys attitude around the team is shocking.

DH1875
22-01-2023, 03:54 PM
Will be going nowhere is window IF Rocky has broken his leg.

truehibernian
22-01-2023, 03:55 PM
Played for himself today, wanted too much time on the ball, caught out of position and in possession, Rocky bailed him out time and time again. Thought Rocky was excellent today. Much better prospect than Porteous let me tell you.

LewysGot2
22-01-2023, 03:55 PM
So, if Rocky is injured and Hanlons bum is oot the windae...does he even get to go, now?

Iain G
22-01-2023, 03:56 PM
So, if Rocky is injured and Hanlons bum is oot the windae...does he even get to go, now?

Probably best if he goes, as long as we get in two new centre backs.

Bronson
22-01-2023, 03:56 PM
One of the few at the club who can actually play football, i dread to think what we’ll look like without him 2nd half of the season

Diclonius
22-01-2023, 03:57 PM
Not a hibs fan, no true hibs fan would leave for nothing. Even Jason Cummings signed a deal to get us cash, Let Blackburn deal with his Billy big baws attitude. Guys attitude around the team is shocking.

Cummings is a Hibs legend. Porteous doesn't come close.

Iain G
22-01-2023, 03:57 PM
One of the few at the club who can actually play football, i dread to think what we’ll look like without him 2nd half of the season

We might let in less goals and give away less stupid freekicks!

LewysGot2
22-01-2023, 03:58 PM
Probably best if he goes, as long as we get into net centre backs.

10 days till the window closes...where are these likely recruits? A completely new defence is a gamble.

Our recruitment over the last 3 years has left us with no sense of who we are as a team. Ultimately it is recruitment on the park we've got very, very badly wrong

I wonder if they'll think twice about letting him go now. Let's hope Rocky is okay

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-01-2023, 04:01 PM
Cost us once, luckily it was only once. Wants all day on the ball or hits the deck at first sign of contact

Really infuriating as he has plenty talent

Heisenberg
22-01-2023, 04:01 PM
Sell him.

LaMotta
22-01-2023, 04:02 PM
John Collins on the radio today saying Porto played well. At the end of the day though a mistake from him has cost us yet again and he leaves us having never won a derby.

EGL2000
22-01-2023, 04:02 PM
Was really poor today, seemed to take an age to play any pass or turn back into trouble constantly.

Iain G
22-01-2023, 04:03 PM
10 days till the window closes...where are these likely recruits? A completely new defence is a gamble.

Our recruitment over the last 3 years has left us with no sense of who we are as a team. Ultimately it is recruitment on the park we've got very, very badly wrong

I wonder if they'll think twice about letting him go now. Let's hope Rocky is okay

We gambled on a new forward line in this window a few years back and MacLaren and Kamberi helped proppel our season forward, so it is possible!

Bronson
22-01-2023, 04:05 PM
We might let in less goals and give away less stupid freekicks!

With will fish in the team? Hanlon? He’s the best cb we’ve had for years, be careful what you wish for

Waxy
22-01-2023, 04:07 PM
Get rid of everyone who doesnt want to be here.
Our problems are all at the back at the moment

BoyledEgg
22-01-2023, 04:07 PM
John Collins on the radio saying he was outstanding today, especially he first half.

LewysGot2
22-01-2023, 04:15 PM
We gambled on a new forward line in this window a few years back and MacLaren and Kamberi helped proppel our season forward, so it is possible!

What about our recent recruitment makes you think we can find not one, but two centre halves of decent quality in the January window?

The recruitment team are not delivering and have not delivered, on the whole, for a few years. If we get this DoF, maybe things will change, but not in the next 10 days, I'd think

Iain G
22-01-2023, 04:17 PM
What about our recent recruitment makes you think we can find not one, but two centre halves of decent quality in the January window?

The recruitment team are not delivering and have not delivered, on the whole, for a few years. If we get this DoF, maybe things will change, but not in the next 10 days, I'd think

My naturally optimistic outlook 😁

LewysGot2
22-01-2023, 04:18 PM
My naturally optimistic outlook 😁

Can you bottle some and sell it, please.

Looking on here, predictably, there's a lot of gloom.

judas
22-01-2023, 04:19 PM
Thanks for your service Porto.

But your potential - at Hibs - has eluded you.

No derby wins. Tssk.

Roxyhibee
22-01-2023, 04:24 PM
With all due respect to John Collins, I have no idea what game he was watching. Porteous’ performance today was poor - panicky distribution with little pressure on him and slow and careless with the ball at his feet.

I know the guy has ability and when he’s on his game, he can be superb - but he just doesn’t play at that level anything like as consistent to be considered a top player. I’d much rather just have a consistent, braver centre back who clears his lines.

Fuzzywuzzy
22-01-2023, 04:27 PM
Did he give a farewell or straight down the tunnel? Likely his last outing in a Hibs shirt?

Hibiza
22-01-2023, 04:29 PM

C'mon Sur, he's ( Porto) a decent player - nothing more.

Stubbsy90+2
22-01-2023, 04:31 PM
Been slated for saying he's been crap, but he's been crap this season for the most part. Few nice passes and everyone forgets his consistent bombscare moments, needless fouls and shocking dives.

He’s not been any better than decent since he broke through.

I don’t see the loss that others are seeing.

LaMotta
22-01-2023, 04:31 PM
Did he give a farewell or straight down the tunnel? Likely his last outing in a Hibs shirt?

He'd have had a hard job waving at most people who were halfway down St Clair St by the time the full time whistle went.

LaMotta
22-01-2023, 04:33 PM
He’s not been any better than decent since he broke through.

I don’t see the loss that others are seeing.

He's got qualities no doubt, but mistake after mistake has been glossed over in the last few years by some fans because people like his personality. I can't say that I'll miss him that much.

Scottie
22-01-2023, 05:10 PM
He's got qualities no doubt, but mistake after mistake has been glossed over in the last few years by some fans because people like his personality. I can't say that I'll miss him that much.
:agree: Making too many mistakes season after season. Never kicked on like I think he should have thats why he hasn't gone for any money.

Ozyhibby
22-01-2023, 05:13 PM
I think if he goes then we’ll go down.

hibee_girl
22-01-2023, 05:17 PM

He went straight down the tunnel.

jeffers
22-01-2023, 05:21 PM
Top player who isn’t progressing with us. Showed in his international debut what he’s capable of but for his own good he needs to move on.

lyonhibs
22-01-2023, 05:21 PM
Thinks he's Beckenbauer and is woefully short of that yardstick.

Still makes the same genre of mistakes he did as an 18 year old, it's time for him to go (but by the sounds of it that is likely to not be allowed to happen)

where'stheslope
22-01-2023, 05:22 PM
Tho Porto tries hard to be Billy Big Baws, but he makes a mistake and blames whoever is nearest to him?
Again today, goes down holding his face then jumps up when no whistle blows???
I'm sorry, but again today the pundits called him out for feigning injury during the game, also alluded to the Aberdeen penalty when he dived in the Hertz box??
He could be such a good player, but I think he makes himself a target with his stupid antics!!!!

madhatter
22-01-2023, 05:24 PM
Thinks he's Beckenbauer and is woefully short of that yardstick.

Still makes the same genre of mistakes he did as an 18 year old, it's time for him to go (but by the sounds of it that is likely to not be allowed to happen)

He need to go now. May as well get money. Season is over.

Fratelli
22-01-2023, 05:29 PM
Really hoped his inclusion in Scotland squads would improve his attitude and but sadly not.

From early on today, it was clear he was playing as if it was his swan-song and not for the team, dallying on the ball, clutching his head and going down after challenges and giving away stupid free-kicks, one leading to the first goal and giving away an almost identical one in the same position soon after.

Wherever you end up Ryan, just cut out the nonsense and concentrate on your game and your career will be better for it.

BoomtownHibees
22-01-2023, 05:31 PM
He need to go now. May as well get money. Season is over.

Season definitely isn’t over

H18 SFR
22-01-2023, 05:37 PM
John Collins on the radio was an interesting one today. He relentlessly talked the performance up and even more so Lee Johnson. Just a hunch but he came across to me as someone with a vested interest in something - more than just a punditry opinion. He’s been interviewed for the DoF role in my humble opinion.
Blue

truehibernian
22-01-2023, 05:42 PM
Tho Porto tries hard to be Billy Big Baws, but he makes a mistake and blames whoever is nearest to him?
Again today, goes down holding his face then jumps up when no whistle blows???
I'm sorry, but again today the pundits called him out for feigning injury during the game, also alluded to the Aberdeen penalty when he dived in the Hertz box??
He could be such a good player, but I think he makes himself a target with his stupid antics!!!!

I agree but Hearts did exactly the same twice second half to slow play or cause it to stop. Gamesmanship- not that I like seeing it.

The problem I have with Ryan is his overall attitude and thinking he’s better than he actually is. He’s been really really poor this season, and he doesn’t command the box as a really good centre half should. Played for himself today, not the team - I think that’s one of the main reasons our defence has no synergy or collective spirit. He’s the issue in my eyes.

CL0762
22-01-2023, 05:44 PM
He could’ve done a million and one things with he had all the time
In the world, decided to be a smart arse and somehow ended up conceding a free kick.

I don’t buy the ‘he’s not as good as he thinks he is’ but I certainly don’t think he’s anywhere near good as some on here think he is.

Another *****bag performance in a derby, goodbye.

I'm Spartacus
22-01-2023, 05:47 PM
Well I'm glad we never broke the bank to keep him, absolute charlatan.

gaz1875
22-01-2023, 05:47 PM
He could’ve done a million and one things with he had all the time
In the world, decided to be a smart arse and somehow ended up conceding a free kick.

I don’t buy the ‘he’s not as good as he thinks he is’ but I certainly don’t think he’s anywhere near good as some on here think he is.

Another *****bag performance in a derby, goodbye.

I haven't seen the goal again but remember shouting leave it, as I thought it was going out for our throw in?

CL0762
22-01-2023, 05:58 PM
I haven't seen the goal again but remember shouting leave it, as I thought it was going out for our throw in?

Aye it was. He could’ve shielded out for a throw yet swings his left leg at it, completely miss-hits it and ends up fouling Ginnelly. Absolutely brutal ‘defending’.

Ray Donovan
22-01-2023, 06:04 PM
It's been a horrible day all round to be a Hibs supporter. Porto is one us and although he is leaving I don't get hate.

He obviously wants to move his career on elsewhere but I'd like to think if you've seen the picture of him as a young Hibs fan you'll understand that he knows what it means.

Jones28
22-01-2023, 06:16 PM
It's been a horrible day all round to be a Hibs supporter. Porto is one us and although he is leaving I don't get hate.

He obviously wants to move his career on elsewhere but I'd like to think if you've seen the picture of him as a young Hibs fan you'll understand that he knows what it means.

Nobody hates, most are indifferent to him moving.

He’s been a good servant, but he was offered a new deal and turned it down. Jason Cummings the jambo signed a new deal to ensure the club got a cut of his worth when he left.

RCNG
22-01-2023, 06:33 PM

Let's. That's part of the problem

Ray Donovan
22-01-2023, 06:42 PM

He’s been a good servant, but he was offered a new deal and turned it down. Jason Cummings the jambo signed a new deal to ensure the club got a cut of his worth when he left.

This thread alone made me feel like the knives were out for him. I'm not even his biggest supporter but I think people going in on him on this thread wasn't necessary.

Jason Cummings has nothing to do with it. If he never met Lennon in Paris then he may have left. He did a year later anyway.

dp00
22-01-2023, 06:47 PM
This thread alone made me feel like the knives were out for him. I'm not even his biggest supporter but I think people going in on him on this thread wasn't necessary.

Jason Cummings has nothing to do with it. If he never met Lennon in Paris then he may have left. He did a year later anyway.

Defo not got knifes out for him, just think he has been to blame for plenty this year despite his moaning at others

Today we were on top of the game , he could have put ball out let everyone get back into position but decides to try be fancy , fouls the player then we lose goal from resulting free kick

He believes his own hype , will be found out at a club where he is a small fish in a big pond. He has been no better than Hanlon this year yet Hanlon is constantly slaughtered

DH1875
22-01-2023, 06:49 PM
Should of had a penalty in 2nd half. Surprised nothings been said about it.

A Hi-Bee
22-01-2023, 06:50 PM
Good luck to the big guy, he is a very fine football player, but prone to the occasional mishap, yes he should even have just belted the ball into the stands and no foul would have happened. he is still young as far as centre halfs go and he will just get better and better, no sure how we can afford to replace him.

Bristolhibby
22-01-2023, 06:53 PM
All he had to do was knock it out the park, instead he think he’s better than what he is and tries something daft resulting in a free kick. Brutal.

Did that not happen at Tynecastle earlier on this season? A carbon copy.

If in doubt, put it out.

J

Saint Hibee
22-01-2023, 06:54 PM
Get a grip. Porto is a born and bred Hibby, one of the best players we’ve had in recent years, and for what it’s worth, that was never a free kick! (Or if you think it was, then the one against Youan just before Shankland’s goal was too).

Ray Donovan
22-01-2023, 06:56 PM
Defo not got knifes out for him, just think he has been to blame for plenty this year despite his moaning at others

Today we were on top of the game , he could have put ball out let everyone get back into position but decides to try be fancy , fouls the player then we lose goal from resulting free kick

He believes his own hype , will be found out at a club where he is a small fish in a big pond. He has been no better than Hanlon this year yet Hanlon is constantly slaughtered

I don't disagree with most of what you have said. I think abuse of Hanlon is also not on - considering what he hes given to Hibs.

Porteous made a stupid foul, a mistake. However,we still need to defend it. I've not watched it back but it was the first time they were in our half all game and we concede.

As I said earlier after reading this thread and watching the game I thought it was a bit too far considering he's a Hibby.

allmodcons
22-01-2023, 06:57 PM

Agree 100%.

He has a large number of suitors because he's a good player.

There is no way we will replace him with a better player.

Incredible how so many on these boards turn on our best players.

Porto is not the problem at Hibs.

Bristolhibby
22-01-2023, 06:58 PM

Turning down a deal means more money for you personally as a signing on bonus.

These players aren’t the super rich Premiership players.

I would be looking to maximise pounds in my pocket.

I don’t get this about football fans. If I left my work, I would T be buying a thousand pound coffee machine for the office.

J

Since90+2
22-01-2023, 06:59 PM
Porteous leaving will make us significantly weaker.

He's one of our best players, he does make the odd error but in general he's one of our most important players.

If anyone thinks him leaving is a good thing then they seriously are watching a different team to me.

May21/05/16
22-01-2023, 07:11 PM
This post is absolutely mental

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

May21/05/16
22-01-2023, 07:15 PM

He's one of our best players, he does make the odd error but in general he's one of our most important players.

If anyone thinks him leaving is a good thing then they seriously are watching a different team to me.Agree

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

AdidasHibernian
22-01-2023, 07:18 PM
Said for long enough hes average. Sooner he goes the better. Let's just hope the funds for him get used by a new manager.

Stubbsy90+2
22-01-2023, 07:18 PM

If anyone thinks him leaving is a good thing then they seriously are watching a different team to me.

Not for me.

A player who makes a hell of a lot of mistakes in positions you can’t really be making them at the rate he does.

Greenworld
22-01-2023, 07:22 PM
Watford tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Since90+2
22-01-2023, 07:26 PM
Not for me.

A player who makes a hell of a lot of mistakes in positions you can’t really be making them at the rate he does.

He's undoubtedly one of our best players. Without being rude, I'm amazed that anyone who's watched us over the last 2 years doesn't see that.

Saint Hibee
22-01-2023, 07:28 PM
This is a true car crash of a thread.

Jones28
22-01-2023, 07:28 PM
Turning down a deal means more money for you personally as a signing on bonus.

These players aren’t the super rich Premiership players.

I would be looking to maximise pounds in my pocket.

I don’t get this about football fans. If I left my work, I would T be buying a thousand pound coffee machine for the office.

J

He could have signed a deal that would have pushed him to the top of our wage structure and earned the club more money?

Come on, surely you can see that?

Stubbsy90+2
22-01-2023, 07:29 PM
He's undoubtedly one of our best players. Without being rude, I'm amazed that anyone who's watched us over the last 2 years doesn't see that.

I’ve watched a guy that’s spent about 10 games suspended last season. I’ve watched a guy make more mistakes than anybody else in our defence in the last couple of seasons,

Imo he’s nowhere near undoubtedly one of our best players. He’s every bit as big a part of the problem as the rest of them imo.

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2023, 07:31 PM
Really don't think he was that bad today. Played some excellent passes.

He really is an excellent player. Its the same rubbish we used to read about Bamba who went on to play in an international tournament final and have a brilliant career.

allmodcons
22-01-2023, 07:32 PM
I’ve watched a guy that’s spent about 10 games suspended last season. I’ve watched a guy make more mistakes than anybody else in our defence in the last couple of seasons,

Imo he’s nowhere near undoubtedly one of our best players. He’s every bit as big a part of the problem as the rest of them imo.

If he's bad as you think, why has he made the Scotland squad and why is he being pursued by numerous other Clubs/Managers.

churchie16
22-01-2023, 07:33 PM
The best of a very very bad bunch of defenders, wish him all the best in his future and wherever he goes I hope he takes Chris Cadden down with him to clean his boots, absolute imposter that second goal genuinely is Sunday league football, embarrassing

ivan03
22-01-2023, 07:38 PM
Can’t actually believe what I’m reading here. We will need to recruit very well to replace Porteous. His use of the ball, playing out from the back, his pure passion for Hibs is second to none. He’ll be missed a lot when he goes and hard to replace. Yes he makes mistakes, and sometimes his emotions get the better of him but he cares and that can’t ever be questioned.

BoomtownHibees
22-01-2023, 07:38 PM
We won’t sign a better centre half than the one we lose

TheCabbage
22-01-2023, 08:07 PM
Maybe 1 that defends first rather than fannying about
Always quick to berate other mistakes but doesn’t seem to mind when he screws up.
Club made him an offer. He chose not to accept so was always likely to be moving this month as I think he would down tools

McD
22-01-2023, 08:17 PM
Can’t actually believe what I’m reading here. We will need to recruit very well to replace Porteous. His use of the ball, playing out from the back, his pure passion for Hibs is second to none. He’ll be missed a lot when he goes and hard to replace. Yes he makes mistakes, and sometimes his emotions get the better of him but he cares and that can’t ever be questioned.

aye, so much so he’s prepared to leave making sure Hibs get heehaw

DJ HIBBY
22-01-2023, 08:19 PM
First goal today was embarrassing, he should’ve been in complete control of the ball but spent too much time watching his man and not the ball. Happened fair few times. He’s a good player but hasn’t matured since he came into the team.

Vault Boy
22-01-2023, 08:21 PM
We’ll miss him desperately, perhaps more than a few in here believe.

Carheenlea
22-01-2023, 08:22 PM
Is there a chance he stays out for now and looks at his suitors again in summer? Maybe nothing being offered that’s jumping out for him right now?

Stubbsy90+2
22-01-2023, 08:24 PM
If he's bad as you think, why has he made the Scotland squad and why is he being pursued by numerous other Clubs/Managers.

You can say that for just about anyone though.

St Mirren fans could have pointed to JDH and the fact a bigger team like Hibs wanted him. Others potentially wanted him to. Just cause other teams want you it doesn’t mean you’re anything special.

Nobody seemed all that keen on Porteous before he became (almost) free, did they? Maybe these teams see him as worth a small punt but nothing more, it’s hardly a ringing endorsement.

As for the international appearances he made 1 appearance. Hundreds of players have made an appearance for Scotland and then vanished never to be seen again.

HendoDelivered
22-01-2023, 08:24 PM

Facts

Potty78
22-01-2023, 08:25 PM
Head it out for a throw in,that simple.

Stubbsy90+2
22-01-2023, 08:26 PM

We signed one in the summer who’s been our best centre half this season. I’m not sure it’s that far fetched that we could do the same again.

madhatter
22-01-2023, 08:30 PM

Life goes on...

Porteous is a decent defender but his strength is passing. His defending isn't great. Finding a better CB to do the core aspect of defending will not be that difficult. His passing will be hard to replace. We need a solid defence first and foremost though.

The Harp Awakes
22-01-2023, 08:33 PM
The best of a very very bad bunch of defenders, wish him all the best in his future and wherever he goes I hope he takes Chris Cadden down with him to clean his boots, absolute imposter that second goal genuinely is Sunday league football, embarrassing

Bang on the money about Cadden's defending. Absolutely abysmal. He has no positional sense whatsoever and can't get close enough to his man to put in a tackle.

A massive weakness which is going to cost us time after time as it has done already.

Hibs3-2
22-01-2023, 08:36 PM
Porteous will have a better career than any hibs player we have this season.

Stubbsy90+2
22-01-2023, 08:37 PM

Will he? We’ve already got a squad with Scottish Cup Winners like Boyle who have achieved way more in the game, loads of international caps, helping his team qualify for the World Cup, we’ve got guys with EPL experience etc.

He won’t match them imo.

JimBHibees
22-01-2023, 08:38 PM

Tend to agree

CL0762
22-01-2023, 08:39 PM
Let’s keep Porteous because he is ‘pure passionate’ about Hibs.

All I see weekly is a defender who tries to do fancy stuff when simple stuff is required and points and moans at every **** else around him.

500miles
22-01-2023, 08:42 PM
aye, so much so he’s prepared to leave making sure Hibs get heehaw

Hibs have not supported Porto. We could have ruined his career when we played him through his dislocated knee. We did absolutely heehaw when it was open season in the press. We said nothing with the SFA added games to his ban because his name is Ryan Porteous.

He doesn't owe us a thing.

McD
22-01-2023, 08:44 PM

mcGeady and Marshall would both disagree, both massive amount of caps for their countries and won a lot in their time at celtic

thats before you consider Boyle and hanlon who’ve both won a trophy in Hibs colours, and Lewis who’s won 2.

SON OF PADDY
22-01-2023, 08:45 PM

He made a complete james hunt of it, his school boy error lead to their first goal.

McD
22-01-2023, 08:45 PM
Hibs have not supported Porto. We could have ruined his career when we played him through his dislocated knee. We did absolutely heehaw when it was open season in the press. We said nothing with the SFA added games to his ban because his name is Ryan Porteous.

He doesn't owe us a thing.

none of which has anything to do with his “pure passion for Hibs”

I’d also say RP has to take some ownership of some of those issues, Hibs had nothing to do with him throwing a glass, which led to poor press. He’s also been his own worst enemy with some of his red cards (not all of them). I do think the club should have spoken out about the additional game added when we appealed it.

cameronw-hfc
22-01-2023, 08:46 PM
Porto can be a great player, but too many are blinded by the fact he's got potential and is a Hibby. He's consistently at fault for goals, does things a player of his ability should never be doing, has ramped up the diving and such this season. He's going to go elsewhere and get a boot up the backside, but I feel like he's stalled massively at us. Isn't improving, keeps making the same mistakes.

I'm Spartacus
22-01-2023, 09:10 PM
Total loser. Rocky consistently better than him this season.

Aye yet Rockys season seems over, so, that changes things.

Rockys injury could cost us £200k as we will need to keep Porto now wont we?

KWJ
22-01-2023, 09:12 PM
Aye yet Rockys season seems over, so, that changes things.

Rockys injury could cost us £200k as we will need to keep Porto now wont we?

Think we're better off letting Porteous go and try and spend the money on a first choice centre defender for the next few years. Ideally, 2.

Wouldn't mind Jack Fitzwater.

Key West
22-01-2023, 09:13 PM
Porto can be a great player, but too many are blinded by the fact he's got potential and is a Hibby. He's consistently at fault for goals, does things a player of his ability should never be doing, has ramped up the diving and such this season. He's going to go elsewhere and get a boot up the backside, but I feel like he's stalled massively at us. Isn't improving, keeps making the same mistakes.

He isn’t improving with us because he is his own worst enemy.

loanheadhibby
22-01-2023, 09:53 PM

Don't agree.
Best for both parties he goes.
His career hasn't progressed and I still think Hibs is his level.
He had a wee purple week in which he got his cap but not convinced he can play at a higher level.
Hope I'm wrong as I wish him all the best.