PDA

View Full Version : Ron and Ian Gordon

Diclonius
22-01-2023, 03:05 PM
Go.

Since452
22-01-2023, 03:06 PM
Would be happy if the Gordon's, Kensell and LJ left to be honest. How we have got to this stage from the position we were in (3rd place and Europe and Hearts in the Championship) is mindboggling. All on Ron Gordon's watch. Shameful to be honest. Mismanagement of the highest order. At least the food is decent in the restaurant though...

neil7908
22-01-2023, 03:07 PM
Remember when we used to take the piss out of Hearts for all their 'successful business woman' stuff about Anne Budge?

Well they have fan ownership and we have a guy who knows nothing about football and hires his son in one of the most important backroom jobs for the bants.

Vault Boy
22-01-2023, 03:08 PM
Just **** off already, you nepotistic gang of charlatans. Before the club is drained of all of its identity.

Hibs90
Just **** off already, you nepotistic gang of charlatans. Before the club is drained of all of its identity.

:aok:

Greencore
Ron, please sell up or sell to the fans, you are ruining our club

Callum_62
22-01-2023, 03:09 PM
Go? What, resign?

He's the owner, he's not going anywhere anytime soon

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

hibsforeurope
Well past time they left.
Give us our club back!

Northernhibee
Couldn’t put it better. Not ashamed to say I can’t stand them.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2023, 03:10 PM
:bye:

Pretty Boy
22-01-2023, 03:12 PM
Get them to ****. Remote owners playing football manager whilst deluding themselves their daft transfer strategy and a few tarted up hospitality areas are going to make us a force and them a profit. Couple of utter *****.

No doubt their acolytes will be getting fed their social media lines to turn attention elsewhere but it shouldn't be allowed to work. They have caused this.

Since452
22-01-2023, 03:13 PM
The gig just isn't for them. No clue how to run a football club. Get a winning team on the park THEN concentrate on hospitality and sponsorship etc.

SickBoy32
22-01-2023, 03:13 PM
Get these clowns out, along with BK pronto

Regressed the club scary fast

We are now peak cathro / Levein hearts in the early budge years

Greencore
22-01-2023, 03:14 PM
I would like to hear from STF and the lies he was told by the Gordon's, "oh by the way Tom, I'm planning on placing my son with no football experience as head of recruitment" aye nae bother.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-01-2023, 03:14 PM
GTF...please 🤞

Nicho87
22-01-2023, 03:15 PM
The goals looked good on the big screens. Enhancing the match day experience is what it’s all about

JamesHFC
It's time for us fans to act. Protest's need to begin.

loanheadhibby
He’s a pound shop Romanov but unfortunately we’re lumbered with him.

chippy
22-01-2023, 03:16 PM
Remember when we used to take the piss out of Hearts for all their 'successful business woman' stuff about Anne Budge?

Well they have fan ownership and we have a guy who knows nothing about football and hires his son in one of the most important backroom jobs for the bants.
Where are all the guys against fan ownership now when we are saddled with useless, nepotistic capitalist owners who know nothing about running a professional football club? At least fans will pick people with the right intentions and experience to run the football and the business side. Ron should have facilitated HSL buying more shares as we’d have been in a better position to buy him out

SteveHFC
22-01-2023, 03:17 PM
Bye you bunch of clueless *****.

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2023, 03:17 PM
Red flags were clear from day 1. Utterly clueless owner. Just get the **** out of our club.

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2023, 03:18 PM
Just GTF, we've all seen this movie before, where we spend way too much time in the lower division with teams no worse than we are.

GreenGray
22-01-2023, 03:19 PM
Problem is who would buy us and who else would put as much money in as he has?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve20
22-01-2023, 03:19 PM
They’ve destroyed this club. But you can’t just tell an owner to go. Unless there’s someone to buy the club, the clown stays.

madhatter
22-01-2023, 03:20 PM
Why tell the owner to gtf? He isn't going to donate the club to the fans so unless we have billionaire Hibs fans or a consortium...

Hibs90
22-01-2023, 03:21 PM
Why tell the owner to gtf? He isn't going to donate the club to the fans so unless we have billionaire Hibs fans or a consortium...

He's the owner. He's ultimately responsible for this utter shambles.

Diclonius
22-01-2023, 03:23 PM
Gordon's derby record:
1-2
2-0
1-3
1-2
0-0
0-0
1-3
1-2
1-1
0-3
0-3

One Day Soon
22-01-2023, 03:24 PM
Gordon's derby record:
1-2
2-0
1-3
1-2
0-0
0-0
1-3
1-2
1-1
0-3
0-3

Jesus. That is appalling.

berwickhibee
22-01-2023, 03:24 PM
Worst thing to happen to the club, American ownership🤬

Team comes first always and to appoint your son as head of recruitment is a sick joke.

Smartie
22-01-2023, 03:25 PM
The head of the snake.

Clueless *****.

Hibs cannot and will not succeed as long as they are in charge of the club.

The Captain....
22-01-2023, 03:26 PM
Get them to ****. Remote owners playing football manager whilst deluding themselves their daft transfer strategy and a few tarted up hospitality areas are going to make us a force and them a profit. Couple of utter *****.

No doubt their acolytes will be getting fed their social media lines to turn attention elsewhere but it shouldn't be allowed to work. They have caused this.Exactly time to go before it's starts to get really nasty.

They are completely clueless.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2023, 03:26 PM
Problem is who would buy us and who else would put as much money in as he has?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't care if the owner puts money in. I care if they are competent and can high competent people.

madhatter
22-01-2023, 03:27 PM
He's the owner. He's ultimately responsible for this utter shambles.

Protest against him or ask him to explain but telling an owner to leave is going to achieve nothing.

Do you think he's just going to donate the club to Hibernian Community and then just leave?

Diclonius
22-01-2023, 03:28 PM
Protest against him or ask him to explain but telling an owner to leave is going to achieve nothing.

Do you think he's just going to donate the club to Hibernian Community and then just leave?

He can start by announcing the club is up for sale.

WhileTheChief..
22-01-2023, 03:28 PM

Prob get the club for £10m ish :confused:

Use our ST money next year and save up? We only need 15,000 or so others to do likewise!

madhatter
22-01-2023, 03:29 PM
He can start by announcing the club is up for sale.

Happy for that if we get a better owner.

mixusman
22-01-2023, 03:30 PM
Go? What, resign?

He's the owner, he's not going anywhere anytime soon

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

unfortunately no matter what we all say this hits the nail right on the head, there will only be change IF THEY WANT IT , not us 🙁

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-01-2023, 03:31 PM
They have no idea on how to run a football club. Its what happens ON the pitch that matters. A football team that doesn't get results is a failed business. Forget big screens, fancy hospitality and opera singers on the pitch pre match and get a winning team on the park otherwise there won't be enough fans to fill those hospitality suites next season.

Springbank
22-01-2023, 03:32 PM
This is on the board - not the manager

Want to know what a failure of management looks like in Edinburgh football?

It's going into a cup Derby 2 years running, with different men in the dugout but the same lack of good players on the pitch

For Hearts see 2016 & 2017

For us, see 2022 & 2023

Stevenson in midfield both times (not his fault & he tried manfully both times) but a Recruitment Team who simply cannot identify & sign one good midfielder...over 4 transfer windows

The Recruitment team & strategy is our doenfall here & that carries the,surname Gordon

Golden Bear
22-01-2023, 03:34 PM
So if he goes- what happens next ? HSL?

Since452
22-01-2023, 03:34 PM
The lowest point since Butchers relegation for me. On Ronald Gordon's watch. Shambles.

1875Sean
22-01-2023, 03:36 PM
Ron isn’t going to go unless he makes a profit, can’t see anyone looking to buy Hibs anytime soon

Hibernia&Alba
A lot of big talk from the owner, but we are going backwards. Unacceptable.

Scotty Leither
Prob get the club for £10m ish :confused:

Use our ST money next year and save up? We only need 15,000 or so others to do likewise!

He bought the club for £5m. All the hospitality upgrades plus the big screens is financed by secured borrowings.

He has not put a solitary ha’penny of his own money into the club, and he blanks the second biggest shareholder, i.e. the HSL fan group that we put money into for reasons best known to himself.

He needs to find a buyer at basically cost neutral, or even bear a loss because if he thinks he’ll turn a profit on his “soccer franchise investment” then he’s deluding himself.

Torto7
22-01-2023, 03:37 PM
Was Ron playing? Hes dipped into his pocket and has been let down for it.

Northernhibee
22-01-2023, 03:37 PM
Ron isn’t going to go unless he makes a profit, can’t see anyone looking to buy Hibs anytime soon
In that case I won’t be back until he goes. If my money contributes to the current stewardship remaining, I won’t be a part of it.

Torto7
22-01-2023, 03:38 PM
He bought the club for £5m. All the hospitality upgrades plus the big screens is financed by secured borrowings.

He has not put a solitary ha’penny of his own money into the club, and he blanks the second biggest shareholder, i.e. the HSL fan group that we put money into for reasons best known to himself.

He needs to find a buyer at basically cost neutral, or even bear a loss because if he thinks he’ll turn a profit on his “soccer franchise investment” then he’s deluding himself.

Utter tripe.

neil7908
22-01-2023, 03:38 PM

You are Ron Gordon and I claim my £5

Scotty Leither
22-01-2023, 03:39 PM
Utter tripe.

Really? £5m was the ticket price for Hibernian FC. That’s what he paid.

Cropley10
Would be happy if the Gordon's, Kensell and LJ left to be honest. How we have got to this stage from the position we were in (3rd place and Europe and Hearts in the Championship) is mindboggling. All on Ron Gordon's watch. Shameful to be honest. Mismanagement of the highest order. At least the food is decent in the restaurant though...

Wrong Gordon knows absolutely nothing about Scottish football. Not a thing. Kensell knows absolutely nothing about Scottish Football. Not a thing. Ian Gordon knows absolutely nothing about football.

Greencore

Used the mcginn and doig money******, what do season tickets pay for ?

WhileTheChief..
22-01-2023, 03:40 PM
RG came out of nowhere, none of us saw him coming I don't think?

We might be surprised and find out he is selling, with someone more competent coming in. Ok, it's wishful thinking, but it's not entirely impossible in the next year or so.

MWHIBBIES

Cause he's hired ****ing idiots. It's 100% his fault.

marinello59
Go.

He’s eviscerated our club. Sell now.

Since452
22-01-2023, 03:42 PM
He sacked the manager that got us 3rd place, Europe and consecutive cup finals and replaced him with Shaun Maloney. Utterly clueless.

Bostonhibby
22-01-2023, 03:43 PM
RG came out of nowhere, none of us saw him coming I don't think?

We might be surprised and find out he is selling, with someone more competent coming in. Ok, it's wishful thinking, but it's not entirely impossible in the next year or so.As far as it can be done, Farmer & Petrie did due diligence on the new owner and certainly said in glowing terms he had their confidence, right set of hands etc blah blah.......

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

wills
Would Sir Tom come back?

One Day Soon
Cause he's hired ****ing idiots. It's 100% his fault.

His decisions have caused the problem and his decisions could provide the solution. We need serious people inside this club who know what they are doing to run the football side. And they need to not be impeded by others who either don't know what they are doing or who have a level of informal authority which corrodes everything else.

Iain G
22-01-2023, 03:44 PM
Would Sir Tom come back?

He was hardly universally loved either!

Ringothedog
22-01-2023, 03:48 PM
He sacked the manager that got us 3rd place, Europe and consecutive cup finals and replaced him with Shaun Maloney. Utterly clueless.

The fans sacked Jack Ross,

j'adorehibs
22-01-2023, 03:49 PM

this.

One Day Soon
22-01-2023, 03:50 PM

Did we? I must have missed that meeting. However if you're right I think we should meet again soon and take some decisions about our signing policy and some of our current employees...

Jamesie
Would Sir Tom come back?

I’ve asked myself the same question recently.

Ringothedog
Would Sir Tom come back?

Tom Farmer is not a well man, no danger he would put up with the poison that comes with owning Hibs.

Bridge hibs
22-01-2023, 03:52 PM
I’ve asked myself the same question recently.
What answer did you give yourself ? 😀

Smartie

No they didn't.

There was a noisy minority who were on Ross' back but most folk would accept that he had credit in the bank from his cup runs and league finish to continue a bit longer.

Ron Gordon sacked Jack Ross.

PaulSmith
I wish I’d kept the pair that was “Ian Gordon - completely inept” as it was true at the time (after a defeat from St Mirren) and it’s been evidenced a million times since.

Ron bought the club to allow his son to play football manager with OUR club. Even some of our own fans bought the PR that he was simply an administrator. That was almost as laughable as the appointment itself.

He was the one who sacked Jack Ross, it was his dad who got rid of Mathie, it was Ian who solely appointed Shaun Maloney and then went and bought several players.

Jones28
22-01-2023, 03:53 PM

No they didn’t. The club hung him out to dry with their terrible recruitment.

Ringothedog
Did we? I must have missed that meeting. However if you're right I think we should meet again soon and take some decisions about our signing policy and some of our current employees...

Stop being obtuse, the fans turned on Jack Ross as well you know. He got sacked by the club because of the results and the fans expressing their opinion. In my opinion we should never have sacked him

Diclonius

Ah yeah, I remember voting in the official fan poll sanctioned by the club to approve the sacking of Jack Ross.

If we sacked Ross then can we sack our useless owner? That'd be great, thanks.

SickBoy32
22-01-2023, 03:55 PM

I never sacked Jack Ross

Worst sacking in the history of HFC

Ringothedog
22-01-2023, 03:55 PM

Yess they did, the fans were pathetic and the anti Jack Ross chants in particular at Livingston contributed to hi sacking

madhatter
22-01-2023, 03:56 PM
Stop being obtuse, the fans turned on Jack Ross as well you know. He got sacked by the club because of the results and the fans expressing their opinion. In my opinion we should never have sacked him

He would've ended up sacked anyway. Our recruitment under him was largely stinking as well. If we don't get the infrastructure behind the manager right then it really doesn't matter who the manager is/was/will be.

Jones28
Yess they did, the fans were pathetic and the anti Jack Ross chants in particular at Livingston contributed to hi sacking

Pish. They needed a fall guy to deflect from just how badly they ****ed up in the summer. Mathie sacked, then Ross. Fans had **** all to do with it.

Ringothedog
I love the revisionist piss some of you spout on here.

Ringothedog
22-01-2023, 03:57 PM
Pish. They needed a fall guy to deflect from just how badly they ****ed up in the summer. Mathie sacked, then Ross. Fans had **** all to do with it.

Yes they ****ing did, Jack Ross GTF comes to mind

Jones28
22-01-2023, 03:58 PM

And you think the owner was watching and thought oooh dear well we better punt him then? You think the listen to the supporters?

Greencore
22-01-2023, 04:00 PM

If the fans had anything to do with JR'S sacking. Why the f*** are the board not acting now? Who sacks a manager a week before a national cup final 😂😂

Cropley10
22-01-2023, 04:01 PM

Wrong Gordon knows absolutely nothing about Scottish football. Not a thing. Kensell knows absolutely nothing about Scottish Football. Not a thing. Ian Gordon knows absolutely nothing about football.

Cropley10
22-01-2023, 04:03 PM
He would've ended up sacked anyway. Our recruitment under him was largely stinking as well. If we don't get the infrastructure behind the manager right then it really doesn't matter who the manager is/was/will be.

Infrastructure 0 - Heart of Midlothian 3

Ringothedog
22-01-2023, 04:03 PM
And you think the owner was watching and thought oooh dear well we better punt him then? You think the listen to the supporters?

I think the owner and CEO listened to the fans and looked at our results. Them sacked him. We have got rid of Ross and Maloney, Johnson will be next. We want rid of our owner with no idea who will take us over. When does this become a sensible way to run a football club? You don’t have a clue and are spouting pish

jakeshibs
22-01-2023, 04:04 PM
Go.

Replace them with who?

Since452
If the fans had anything to do with JR'S sacking. Why the f*** are the board not acting now? Who sacks a manager a week before a national cup final 😂😂

Even if you've made your mind up that you're punting the manager you don't do it a week before a cup final and let a fairly new and inexperienced coach lead us out instead. Looking back it seems even more bizarre. Probably because at the time we thought Ron had a bigger plan for us. Seems he was just utterly clueless.

Ringothedog

The “fans” got him sacked

jakeshibs
22-01-2023, 04:05 PM
I think the owner and CEO listened to the fans and looked at our results. Them sacked him. We have got rid of Ross and Maloney, Johnson will be next. We want rid of our owner with no idea who will take us over. When does this become a sensible way to run a football club? You don’t have a clue and are spouting pish

Sensible post

Diclonius
Replace them with who?

Put the club up for sale and we'll take it from there.

Greencore
Replace them with who?

Someone who gives a **** or sell to the fans.

Ringothedog
Replace them with who?

They have no idea, just lashing out

Ringothedog
22-01-2023, 04:06 PM
Someone who gives a **** or sell to the fans.

But who gives a **** about Hibs that has loads of money to waste? Yup no ****

SickBoy32
22-01-2023, 04:06 PM

It’s pretty clear RG has no idea how to run a football club

It’s not unreasonable to want better

Greencore
22-01-2023, 04:07 PM
They have no idea, just lashing out

Nah, it's the famous hibs.net " I can't think of a valid point to defend him so I'll ask the replace with who answer blanket" happens with managers now happens with Ron, anyone who gives a ****, fan ownership. Hibs can't go on like this. The heart has been ript put this club and replaced by match day experience. Pish

Ringothedog
22-01-2023, 04:08 PM
It’s pretty clear RG has no idea how to run a football club

It’s not unreasonable to want better

Certainly not unreasonable. The problem is getting somebody who actually gives a ****

leith lynx
Should have given Jack Ross the rest of that season, knee jerk amateur decision, and look where we are now.

jakeshibs

Think all those fans chanting he must go, the constant social media saying he must go from our supporters did influence the decision and we as supporters need to take some responsibility for the mess we are in

All wanting instant success with no real idea how to get there

Greencore
22-01-2023, 04:09 PM
But who gives a **** about Hibs that has loads of money to waste? Yup no ****

Who says we need to have someone with loads of money to waste? A hands on owner or an owner who doesn't appoint his f*****g son ffs 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Diclonius
Certainly not unreasonable. The problem is getting somebody who actually gives a ****

Fan ownership is working pretty well for the Hertz. Would be nice if someone competent could come forward and set us down that route.

Iain G
Fan ownership is working pretty well for the Hertz. Would be nice if someone competent could come forward and set us down that route.

Only because Budge is still there and Benny Factor is pumping millions into them!

Ringothedog
22-01-2023, 04:10 PM
Nah, it's the famous hibs.net " I can't think of a valid point to defend him so I'll ask the replace with who answer blanket" happens with managers now happens with Ron, anyone who gives a ****, fan ownership. Hibs can't go on like this. The heart has been ript put this club and replaced by match day experience. Pish

So who the **** do you want to takeover? They are certainly not queuing up

Cropley10
22-01-2023, 04:10 PM

Infrastructure 0 - Heart of Midlothian 3

Diclonius
22-01-2023, 04:11 PM
Only because Budge is still there and Benny Factor is pumping millions into them!

Don't really care about the specifics - it is still working.

Baader
22-01-2023, 04:13 PM
Unfortunately they haven't got a clue

tonyrougier123
Think all those fans chanting he must go, the constant social media saying he must go from our supporters did influence the decision and we as supporters need to take some responsibility for the mess we are in

All wanting instant success with no real idea how to get there

The bottom line is they are trying to moneyball on the cheap,and what funds are being spent are being misused or directed to the wrong areas of the club.

We need a team. A competent and bullish gaffer.
And someone in the club that knows the transfer market and has contacts.

The Gordon’s have next to no knowledge of the football operation and they certainly don’t understand the required guile to play for hibs as a player. Lot of these boys just don’t have the heart to win in a hibs jersey.

blackpoolhibs
Replace them with who?

I've nae money, but i would give it a go.

Iain G
Don't really care about the specifics - it is still working.

🤣🤣 Aye just ignore the specifics! 🤣🤣

Scotty Leither
22-01-2023, 04:15 PM

We’ve got a decent fan group as a vehicle for putting money into the club, which with a wee bit of cooperation and input from the club could be a real force for good, instead they get routinely stonewalled by Mr Invisible and his lackeys.

Since452
22-01-2023, 04:15 PM

I might be wrong but I'm sure he mentioned in an interview that he's had offers to sell the club. I may have imagined it!

chrisski33
22-01-2023, 04:17 PM
Ron reminds me of the guy who bought the business of where I worked for 20 yrs and managed in the spqce of 2 yrs to fk it up and screw staff and customers and closed it at ny without notice. Conplete charlatan who didn't listen to those in the business. Yes put money in initially and even brought in 2 managers over 2 yrs who both didnt know what they were doing. So many similarities its scary.

KWJ
22-01-2023, 04:20 PM
I might be wrong but I'm sure he mentioned in an interview that he's had offers to sell the club. I may have imagined it!

He said he was open to selling if bids came in. None have and unlikely any will, and if they are it's another gamble that could be full charlatan.

I think RG wants good things for Hibs, realises he's made mistakes and is making changes such as DoF.

There's not a button click and we'll suddenly start winning all matches and derbies.

Stubbsy90+2
22-01-2023, 04:21 PM
🤣🤣 Aye just ignore the specifics! 🤣🤣

You don’t have a clue why it’s working though, so let’s not make out like your ‘specifics’ are facts.

Diclonius
He said he was open to selling if bids came in. None have and unlikely any will, and if they are it's another gamble that could be full charlatan.

I think RG wants good things for Hibs, realises he's made mistakes and is making changes such as DoF.

There's not a button click and we'll suddenly start winning all matches and derbies.

Winning one derby would be a start.

Stubbsy90+2
Get the Gordon’s to ****.

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2023, 04:22 PM

And yet, Hearts have done exactly that since their relegation. Cannot be that difficult.

Ringothedog
22-01-2023, 04:25 PM
We’ve got a decent fan group as a vehicle for putting money into the club, which with a wee bit of cooperation and input from the club could be a real force for good, instead they get routinely stonewalled by Mr Invisible and his lackeys.

A fan group that would put in about 15k a month, hardly ever likely be enough to ever fund a football club

Greencore
22-01-2023, 04:27 PM

😂😂😂😂 hubs .net comfort blanket. Anyone who has the cash, the business sense and won't appoint family clowns ans people with NO EXPERIANCE IN SCOTTISH FOOTBALL.

berwickhibee
22-01-2023, 04:27 PM
You don’t have a clue why it’s working though, so let’s not make out like your ‘specifics’ are facts.

They made a loss last season of over £3 million until sugar daddy wiped it off, it's a huge advantage over others.

Don't hide it now, it's in the accounts.

Jammie *******s

Hibiza
22-01-2023, 04:31 PM
Sell up , get out !

Stubbsy90+2
22-01-2023, 04:32 PM
They made a loss last season of over £3 million until sugar daddy wiped it off, it's a huge advantage over others.

Don't hide it now, it's in the accounts.

Jammie *******s

Is that why they’re winning? Nobody knows.

Maybe that extra money is being *****ed whilst their actual income is being spent wisely?

Real Emerald
22-01-2023, 04:33 PM
Just about every football decision they’ve made has been a disaster and sent us backwards. They came into the club with a platform to move us on, everything they’ve done has made us worse. I have no expectations that they can suddenly become good at running a football club. Really sad times.

Diclonius
22-01-2023, 04:34 PM
Is that why they’re winning? Nobody knows.

Maybe that extra money is being *****ed whilst their actual income is being spent wisely?

Oh good, another Hearts have no money conspiracy that we can use to comfort ourselves every time we get pasted.

CB Hibs 68
22-01-2023, 04:34 PM
In my opinion at least the pies at the Shareholders meeting are much better since Ron took over .Can’t wait for the next AG M .Think he has been great for us that like pies .Apart from that he can get tae

Iain G
22-01-2023, 04:35 PM

Having **** loads of money pumped into the club one to the very obvious reasons it works 🤣

neil7908
22-01-2023, 04:37 PM
Having **** loads of money pumped into the club one to the very obvious reasons it works 🤣

Money absolutely matters but you have to spend it right. How much bigger budget do we have than Livi? And yet they are 4 points ahead of us with a game in hand.

Bostonhibby
22-01-2023, 04:37 PM
I love the revisionist piss some of you spout on here.Not me, I'm a piss revisionist. Never have been any good at it.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
22-01-2023, 04:38 PM
In my opinion at least the pies at the Shareholders meeting are much better since Ron took over .Can’t wait for the next AG M .Think he has been great for us that like pies .Apart from that he can get tae

When is the next AGM?

Stuart93
22-01-2023, 04:39 PM

They’ve been pumping money for years. It’s only recently started working well because they now have people at the club who actually know what they’re doing. Unlike us.

Stubbsy90+2
22-01-2023, 04:39 PM
Money absolutely matters but you have to spend it right. How much bigger budget do we have than Livi? And yet they are 4 points ahead of us with a game in hand.

:agree:

Stubbsy90+2
22-01-2023, 04:40 PM

They’ve had the money for ages. If it’s as simple as ‘money in, football good’ then they wouldn’t have got relegated.

Stubbsy90+2
22-01-2023, 04:41 PM
Oh good, another Hearts have no money conspiracy that we can use to comfort ourselves every time we get pasted.

I’ve no idea what you’re on about, I never said they had no money.

Iain G
22-01-2023, 04:45 PM
They’ve had the money for ages. If it’s as simple as ‘money in, football good’ then they wouldn’t have got relegated.

Thought this was about fan ownership? They have Benny covering their huge losses by his handouts.

Hibees1973
22-01-2023, 04:55 PM
Seldom has there been such a lack of hope going into a home derby game as today.

Apart from the same obvious posters on here who back the Gordon's and still defend them, being a Hibs supporter now feels like any enthusiasm and hope has been torn out the vast majority of us.

I've been a major critic of the Gordon's for a long time and totally turned against them when Ron appointed his son (a wine seller) as Head of Recruitment. This is nepotism at it's very worse. I've been labelled a Yam and other offensive names for criticising the Gordon's, but I don't care.

One thing I do agree with some of the misguided on here, is that we are stuck with the Gordon's and Kensall until someone else buys Hibs. They won't be here forever, thankfully. Lower crowds and results such as today, will I expect, reduce the price Ron wants for the club then hopefully someone with an affinity with Hibs and Edinburgh will take over. As I've said the Gordon's won't be here forever, someone else with some acumen in appointing proper football people to key roles in the club will come in.

Ron took over the club when we were on a high and there was optimism surrounding the club. Ever since then the first team degenerated. Throw in the odd playing an ineligible player, turnover in managers and numerous ineffectual signings its really been a complete farce. I will not forget the way in which some good Hibs people I know, who volunteered their time, were told they were no longer needed. Some often just sent a text.

Another sad day for the club and yes, I want the Gordon's gone as soon as possible.

I will be a happy man when that day comes.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-01-2023, 04:59 PM
Gordon's derby record:
1-2
2-0
1-3
1-2
0-0
0-0
1-3
1-2
1-1
0-3
0-3

But, but, but.

jeffers
22-01-2023, 05:01 PM

Sure he said it at the AGM. The idea that there is no one out there interested in buying Hibs is not accurate. Who these individuals are I don’t know though.

jeffers
22-01-2023, 05:04 PM
Thought this was about fan ownership? They have Benny covering their huge losses by his handouts.

That line about their huge losses contintually gets trotted out but they aren’t doing so. They are spending in the knowledge that James Anderson has promised to put money in. If he stops that they will cut their spending accordingly.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-01-2023, 05:04 PM
Need a big big banner for Saturday a plane even 😏

Jones28
22-01-2023, 05:11 PM

I’ve said none of those things, I’m pointing out that the FANS DID NOT PULL THE TRIGGER. The owner and his hapless CEO did. Wind your neck in ffs. No need to be so antagonistic on a day like this.

Scotty Leither
22-01-2023, 05:14 PM
Were the Gordons even at the game today?