PDA

View Full Version : Embarassing

dastardly8
22-01-2023, 03:03 PM
That does it for me , changes required from the top down , team is awful , management is awful , ownership is awful , just not good enough , feel sorry for our fans watching this , thank god I’m in Denmark and can hide from all the flak

Hibs90
22-01-2023, 03:05 PM
Agreed.

Sick of this ****. People paying money to watch this guff.

It's time we took action and stopped rolling over and accepting this pish that this club is serving us.

heretoday
22-01-2023, 03:08 PM
Awful what Hibs have turned into.
A selling club with a merry-go-round of B-list coaches and players.

Nicho87
22-01-2023, 03:18 PM
Had no expectations today at all.

Sadly hibs are very Consistant these days both as a business and the footballing aspect

All talk not much doing

Hibernia&Alba
22-01-2023, 03:29 PM

Sadly hibs are very Consistant these days both as a business and the footballing aspect

All talk not much doing

Same here. A cup game at home against Hearts, expecting nothing but a bad defeat. A very sad state of affairs.

basehibby
22-01-2023, 03:37 PM
Immensely disappointing but to be fair we murdered them 0-3! Played some good stuff with McGeady and Youan in particular terrorising their fullbacks.
Absolute epic bad luck though - hitting the post twice, with Youan fouled I thought in the lead up to their second while the ref waves play on with Rocky poleaxed (eventually to be stretchered off) for their third! How many times have we seen play stopped in recent weeks with Hibs on the attack because a defender has gone down?!? Same rules just do not apply for Hibs - everything against us as usual!

tonyrougier123
22-01-2023, 03:45 PM
We had next to nothing on the bench it was plan A or nothing today.
Teams a state folk can praise rocky and porto but the goals we are shipping is awful.
The tactics are not working,we can’t grab a lead and if we do will we even keep it?
It’s dire in there,I’m in agreement we can’t keep chopping and changing but this squad is badly needing beefed up.

Out with the experiments and sign some heavy hitters to bully this league and let the players around them play.

JamesHFC
22-01-2023, 03:47 PM
I'm genuinely fed up of paying money to be disappointed over and over again. The people running the Scottish game are also an absolute embarrassment.

TheCabbage
22-01-2023, 04:04 PM
We had next to nothing on the bench it was plan A or nothing today.
Teams a state folk can praise rocky and porto but the goals we are shipping is awful.
The tactics are not working,we can’t grab a lead and if we do will we even keep it?
It’s dire in there,I’m in agreement we can’t keep chopping and changing but this squad is badly needing beefed up.

Out with the experiments and sign some heavy hitters to bully this league and let the players around them play.

Wow we have a plan A??

Fuzzywuzzy
22-01-2023, 04:06 PM
I would guess the crowd against Aberdeen will be pretty poor

eastmainsmsh
22-01-2023, 04:07 PM
Something has to change support are being short changed by Gordon’s

It’s alright with screens and new fancy hospitality but it’s on the park it matters

GreenCastle
22-01-2023, 04:23 PM

All talk not much doing

Sadly this is the way it's been recently.

No expectations - club standards are low. Losing is accepted and players often aren't dropped as they are comfortable and will never play at a higher level.

The social media, the adverts, the lack of connection with fans. I didn't expect things to get as bad as this but I am genuinely so fed up with the circus we have become.

The inconsistency of performances and outcomes (results). Today wasn't about playing well - it's a game you win by any means possible.

As I said during the week - we deserve everything we get due to the mismanagement of the club such as recruitment etc. Today didn't surprise me - the sooner we make changes the better as we will continue to decline.

GreenCastle
22-01-2023, 04:28 PM
Shouldn’t be embarrassed.
Hearts are building on a third position last season which guaranteed a hefty income to add to their benefactor monies.
We are trying to rebuild after the sacking of Jack Ross.
We tried Maloney, which was a wrong appointment in my opinion and we hung him out to dry. Wrong person at the wrong time.
We have Johnson and I suspect he will have identified by now what he needs to get Hibs competing with Hearts, whether there is funding to achieve that is another matter.

We were unlucky today, hit the goalpost, denied a var check for a penalty, Martin Boyle out.

Hibs fans love excuses.

Can we just not look at it simply - we aren't progressing or winning many games let alone derbies - that's 9 and counting until something drastically changes soon.

LewysGot2
22-01-2023, 04:28 PM
Frustrated. Yes.
Disappointed. Yes.
Angry. About some things, Yes.
Concerned. Yes.

Embarrassed? Never.

There's always a way forward. We just need the right leadership and recruitment moving forward. Easy said, I know. But I just don't understand anyone being personally embarrassed by something they don't control themselves.

Mikey_1875
22-01-2023, 04:31 PM
Place was rocking first ten and I really thought we were on to a good thing. So frustrating on so many levels and it does leave you with a bit of soul searching after a game like that. We’ll be back at some point though.

Roxyhibee
22-01-2023, 04:35 PM
Beaten 3-0 twice in a matter of weeks by an average Hearts side that our teams from 2015 - 2019 would have crushed tells you all you need to know about how far and how quickly we have absailed as a club from recruitment to coaching. Alarming doesn’t even begin to describe our current situation.

Yes, it is embarrassing.

keep the faith
22-01-2023, 04:35 PM
Hearts are building on a third position last season which guaranteed a hefty income to add to their benefactor monies.
We tried Maloney, which was a wrong appointment in my opinion and we hung him out to dry. Wrong person at the wrong time.
We have Johnson and I suspect he will have identified by now what he needs to get Hibs competing with Hearts, whether there is funding to achieve that is another matter.

We were unlucky today, hit the goalpost, denied a var check for a penalty, Martin Boyle out.

100% this. We were good today. Just lacked the final ball and missing a good forward thinking midfielder. New guy did well in a game its very hard to come into cold. New centre half from Sunderland is a leader by all accounts.
I am firmly of the view we hold our nerve here and let LJ build with a DOF replacing the current grossly unsuitable ian gordon stats based recruitment model.

Talking of which, I listened to JC on the radio on the way home and he was excellent. He was strongly of the view we were by far the better team but being let down by poor decision making in final third. His point on Youan was spot on. In that he has great quick feet but delays his cross or shot so much that teammates can't make the right run as they don't know whats coming and when.
JC has been very hibs focused recently and I do wonder if he is fancying the DOF role.

GreenCastle
22-01-2023, 04:36 PM
You say excuses, I say reasons.
You can ignore them, absolutely you can.

Sorry wasn't a dig at you.

Was more general - few folk saying we played good football and deserved more etc.

Honestly don't care - it's about winning and wasn't embarrassed today but just frustrated the club have let themselves get to this state when only few years back we were doing very well.

lyonhibs
22-01-2023, 04:36 PM
I'm genuinely fed up of paying money to be disappointed over and over again. The people running the Scottish game are also an absolute embarrassment.

I'm not a fan of the blazers, but how does the blame for an umpteenth toothless performance in a Derby remotely lie at their door?

ShetlandHibby
22-01-2023, 04:39 PM
Immensely disappointing but to be fair we murdered them 0-3! Played some good stuff with McGeady and Youan in particular terrorising their fullbacks.
Absolute epic bad luck though - hitting the post twice, with Youan fouled I thought in the lead up to their second while the ref waves play on with Rocky poleaxed (eventually to be stretchered off) for their third! How many times have we seen play stopped in recent weeks with Hibs on the attack because a defender has gone down?!? Same rules just do not apply for Hibs - everything against us as usual!

To be fair we played on whilst Rocky was down and they broke away and scored.

Maguire
22-01-2023, 04:42 PM
100% this. We were good today. Just lacked the final ball and missing a good forward thinking midfielder. New guy did well in a game its very hard to come into cold. New centre half from Sunderland is a leader by all accounts.
I am firmly of the view we hold our nerve here and let LJ build with a DOF replacing the current glossy unsuitable ian gordon stats based recruitment model.

Talking of which, I listened to JC on the radio on the way home and he was excellent. He was strongly of the view we were by far the better team but being let down by poor decision making in final third. His point on Youan was spot on. In that he has great quick feet but delays his cross or shot so much that teammates can't make the right run as they don't know whats coming and when.
JC has been very hibs focused recently and I do wonder if he is fancying the DOF role.

Would take JC as DOF in a heartbeat. Top level expierience and gets Hibs. Whether or not he'd get along with Ron and friends is another matter though.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-01-2023, 04:57 PM

All good then, can't wait til Sat 🤣

GreenArmy1875
22-01-2023, 05:00 PM
Would take JC as DOF in a heartbeat. Top level expierience and gets Hibs. Whether or not he'd get along with Ron and friends is another matter though.

The fact he isn't working or hasn't really worked at a top level tells me all we need to know and why we shouldn't want JC

GonzoReturns
22-01-2023, 05:03 PM
Tried to be supportive of the management team but Scottish cup one of game two nil down (even at one nil down) to not gamble/make changes that’s it for me. From top to bottom out.

ErinGoBraghHFC
22-01-2023, 05:05 PM
I’m just home and sat down with a beer, I’m going to say this and then I’m putting the phone down for the night and spending time with my wife and the cat.

Heads need to roll. It’s not good enough and it’s not been good enough for a while now. Porteous is one of the few football players in that team but it’s time for him to move on, I say that as a big fan of the guy. Jeggo looked okay. Youan looked bright but end product is weak, hopefully that can be improved. McGeady again looks a bright spark in the team but that front three can’t do it all on their own. Cadden needs to be moved on imo, Campbell is an alright squad player but should never be a guaranteed starter. I’m ****ing angry, I’m hurting, I’m fed up. I don’t have all of the answers, I probably don’t have any. But why is it we’re now looking at what’ll be our third rebuild in as many seasons to have something resembling a competitive football team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
22-01-2023, 05:21 PM
Left the ground thinking Hibs were the better team hit the post twice and totally dominated the game and felt robbed

Looking back Hibs dominated possession with nothing to show for it lucky if Big Zander made one decent save

Hearts dug in were really always in control within themselves and were clinical

At 0-1 we really needed to score next and paid the price of wasted chances and hopeless hopeful balls into the box

Shankland looked as though he couldn’t believe his luck as he buried the ball beyond Marshall for what was effectively the winner

Not the best Hearts team I have seen by a long chalk but good enough to bury our team of journeymen and players well past their sell by date

justlikebrazil
22-01-2023, 05:25 PM
We are rotten to the core!!! The Gordon's have not a clue!!!

Jones28
22-01-2023, 05:27 PM
Frustrated. Yes.
Disappointed. Yes.
Angry. About some things, Yes.
Concerned. Yes.

Embarrassed? Never.

There's always a way forward. We just need the right leadership and recruitment moving forward. Easy said, I know. But I just don't understand anyone being personally embarrassed by something they don't control themselves.

Under rated post 👍🏻👍🏻

Bostonhibby
22-01-2023, 05:31 PM
I’m just home and sat down with a beer, I’m going to say this and then I’m putting the phone down for the night and spending time with my wife and the cat.

Heads need to roll. It’s not good enough and it’s not been good enough for a while now. Porteous is one of the few football players in that team but it’s time for him to move on, I say that as a big fan of the guy. Jeggo looked okay. Youan looked bright but end product is weak, hopefully that can be improved. McGeady again looks a bright spark in the team but that front three can’t do it all on their own. Cadden needs to be moved on imo, Campbell is an alright squad player but should never be a guaranteed starter. I’m ****ing angry, I’m hurting, I’m fed up. I don’t have all of the answers, I probably don’t have any. But why is it we’re now looking at what’ll be our third rebuild in as many seasons to have something resembling a competitive football team?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkFeel your pain, not much I disagree with, would only add that this is the product of transfer policies that seem driven by a complete inability to get first team ready players in as soon as the windows open, combined with the disastrous gamble of buying too many poorly scouted players that we might make a few quid of sometime or never.

If they are nowhere near the first team standard quickly then the profit is unlikely to cover the losses we will get thanks to days like today.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

stalbanshibby
22-01-2023, 05:31 PM
I am firmly of the view we hold our nerve here and let LJ build with a DOF replacing the current grossly unsuitable ian gordon stats based recruitment model.

10/10 agree

Steve20
22-01-2023, 05:34 PM
If you thought Hibs were good and the better team, you need to look again at how you view football. That was absolute garbage. Having more of the ball doesn’t mean you’re better. It’s what you do with it. They scored three goals and we were pathetic in front of goal

If you genuinely thought that performance was acceptable then you’re part of the problem of the acceptable of underperforming at this club. That was a disgrace today.

Scotty Leither
22-01-2023, 05:35 PM
I think the best players started.

So do I hence the shoehorning of Stevenson into midfield and the woeful Cabraja coming in at LB in his place...also the personnel on the bench once again tells you all about recruitment at this club.

Must say I found the Nisbet/Henderson change utterly bizarre, though.

LewysGot2
22-01-2023, 05:35 PM

The available players seriously limited options.

No Newell we knew. No Magennis (again).

The bench highlighted the problems when we also have our "marquee signing player" out for the season.

Percy Vere
22-01-2023, 05:37 PM
That does it for me , changes required from the top down , team is awful , management is awful , ownership is awful , just not good enough , feel sorry for our fans watching this , thank god I’m in Denmark and can hide from all the flak

Not embarrassing at all. Did you watch the game?
I was there scratching my head at half time and full time.
We were dominant for much of the game but lacked killer touch from our 21 shots to 9. Defensive frailties appear again and I include Porto in that statement. Lacking killer touch and Nisbet marked out the match.
But really committed and impressive at times.
No Newell no Magennis or Boyle in midfield.
The score lines confounding but not an embarrassing performance imo.
We operate in a really tough marketplace where our best players have to be sold to make ends meet. Nisbet will be next.
But that’s always been the case. Nothing new to Hibs.
Really don’t know what some people expect.
If you want lots of money, top results, Europe, then support Celtic or Man C.
This is Hibs and part of the excitement of being a Hibs fan is the twists and turns, the ups and the downs.
We need to stick with LJ for another couple of windows. Can’t keep chopping and changing.
Clubs bringing in a DoF so changes are being made but I’m sure nothing will change some peoples views.
Sorry for the long reply but although I’m as frustrated as anyone else, I’ve been around long enough to know I’ve been here… god knows how many times.
There will be good times again, but for now we will be going through the pain.

where'stheslope
22-01-2023, 05:45 PM
We were dominant for much of the game but lacked killer touch from our 21 shots to 9. Defensive frailties appear again and I include Porto in that statement. Lacking killer touch and Nisbet marked out the match.
We operate in a really tough marketplace where our best players have to be sold to make ends meet. Nisbet will be next.
This is Hibs and part of the excitement of being a Hibs fan is the twists and turns, the ups and the downs.
We need to stick with LJ for another couple of windows. Can’t keep chopping and changing.
Clubs bringing in a DoF so changes are being made but I’m sure nothing will change some peoples views.
Sorry for the long reply but although I’m as frustrated as anyone else, I’ve been around long enough to know I’ve been here… god knows how many times.
Sorry mate but I think you've been drinking in your namesake pub?
Our best chance came when they went down to 10 men, what happens we go Gung Ho and their centre half who had already tried his luck, run 80 yards up the pitch and strokes the ball past Marshall?
We were on top for most of the game, but never looked like we would win it???

Pretty Boy
22-01-2023, 05:47 PM
We are ****ing amateur hour.

We should ask The Stand if they fancy sponsoring us, a joke of a football club run by a trio of clowns.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-01-2023, 05:48 PM

Utter nonsense, but if it makes you feel better.

Not In The Know
22-01-2023, 05:56 PM

I get what you saying but unfortunately it’s not true. We could have played for another 4 hours and not scored. Every time they went up the pitch they would score (as they did) and it would have been 5/6 nil.

The two games against them are embarrassing. Simple as that - embarrassing. The fact that since kensell and co have been in charge we haven’t played sunshine on leith after a match says it all.

GonzoReturns
22-01-2023, 06:04 PM

Agreed but he had to do something make some kind of change. But saying that looking at the bench what could he have done. 😞😞

GRA
22-01-2023, 06:08 PM
Never a 3-0 game. But they knew if they kept Nisbet quiet and blocked us out in the middle then they could afford to give us possession and slow the play down after the early goal.

No coincidence we keep getting into good positions and not scoring. Been the story of the season.

NAE NOOKIE
22-01-2023, 06:09 PM
Which thread to pick to have your say about us eh? ... This one will do I suppose.

Anybody who says we played pretty well is correct, there is no way, none, that we deserved to lose that game 0 - 3 in fact it wouldn't have been anything like lucky if we had won it .... and I for one certainly didn't see a team that wasn't trying, they gave everything in fact.

But at this point I just don't care ..... I am sick, absolutely ****ing sick, of post mortem after post mortem following games with them, in the end it doesn't matter how good, bad, or indifferent the performance was if you can't win the f'ing game.

Since my first game in 1975 we have beaten them 37 times out of 163 attempts with 55 draws .... they have won 71 times IE nearly twice as many as us.

I don't care if it's good reasons, bad excuses or whatever to sugar coat this miserable record, it simply has to stop. I'm sick of this club having owners, no matter how well meaning, who since I've been going to games have been unable to get this club to assert a sustained period of dominance in this fixture, or even once to beat them in a big game at Hampden FFS.

It has to stop and this club has to get it's f'ing act together. If the current owner can't get his act together and make it happen then his one and only job should be to scour the earth for a new owner with deep pockets who will fly into a sodding rage if we lose to Hearts .... IMO Ron Gordon should start that search now .... today .... before this club has no bloody fans left.

Roxyhibee
22-01-2023, 06:13 PM

Horrendous, ill informed post and everything that’s wrong with the mediocre expectations of too many weak willed fans of our club.

You ‘really don’t know what people expect’ after being beaten 3-0 at home to an average Hearts team.?? and on the back of a 3-0 defeat just a few weeks before by the same team.?? You’re at the wind up. We expect to win a derby at home for a start - we showed we can recruit a number of quality players just a few years back, do well against our rivals and at the same time and get to Hampden fairly regularly. This should be your base expectation of a club like Hibs and when it’s as bad as it has been this season and today, you do not praise anyone at the club, but you demand improvement.

Just because a team has more of the ball and passes it around a bit, does not mean they deserve to win the game, so don’t keep scratching your head in naive confusion, I’ll sum it up for you - our recruitment has been terrible, our tactics are terrible, our strikers can’t score in big games and our defence is about as weak as I’ve seen. We are awful.

“Really committed and impressive”.. god save us from such low expectations.

A Hi-Bee
22-01-2023, 06:34 PM
We are a poor excuse of a football team just now, this was the worst result in some 25 years of games against the gunts at Easter Road.
Been saying the same for years now, we lack quality, quality players cost money, so why not bring through as many of the younger players as we can. The season is over and it is not even the end of January.
The distance between the support and the board and that impostor and his backroom team can only get worse.

Not In The Know
22-01-2023, 06:34 PM
We are relying on players that have been here prior to 5/6 transfer windows. If the full cost of the ***** that we have brought in since was revealed it would be instant dismal for Kensal and the transfer “committee”

What the **** has happened to Taveres? He’s on serious money for us and can’t even get into the match day squad. I could tell he wasn’t good enough after 30 mins in Portugal.

keep the faith
22-01-2023, 07:12 PM
We are relying on players that have been here prior to 5/6 transfer windows. If the full cost of the ***** that we have brought in since was revealed it would be instant dismal for Kensal and the transfer “committee”

What the **** has happened to Taveres? He’s on serious money for us and can’t even get into the match day squad. I could tell he wasn’t good enough after 30 mins in Portugal.

Hopefully means he is being lined up to leave in the window.

BoomtownHibees
22-01-2023, 07:14 PM

He was in the match day squad today and for the last few games

Northernhibee
22-01-2023, 07:20 PM
If you thought Hibs were good and the better team, you need to look again at how you view football. That was absolute garbage. Having more of the ball doesn’t mean you’re better. It’s what you do with it. They scored three goals and we were pathetic in front of goal

If you genuinely thought that performance was acceptable then you’re part of the problem of the acceptable of underperforming at this club. That was a disgrace today.
The defending for the second goal is awful even at Sunday league level. Genuinely would have been as effective putting out some training cones. Completely static when Shankland gets into the box, gets all the time to get a shot away under next to no pressure, goal.

Deeply concerning how the basics are completely ignored.

Is It On....
22-01-2023, 07:24 PM
Which thread to pick to have your say about us eh? ... This one will do I suppose.

Anybody who says we played pretty well is correct, there is no way, none, that we deserved to lose that game 0 - 3 in fact it wouldn't have been anything like lucky if we had won it .... and I for one certainly didn't see a team that wasn't trying, they gave everything in fact.

But at this point I just don't care ..... I am sick, absolutely ****ing sick, of post mortem after post mortem following games with them, in the end it doesn't matter how good, bad, or indifferent the performance was if you can't win the f'ing game.

Since my first game in 1975 we have beaten them 37 times out of 163 attempts with 55 draws .... they have won 71 times IE nearly twice as many as us.

I don't care if it's good reasons, bad excuses or whatever to sugar coat this miserable record, it simply has to stop. I'm sick of this club having owners, no matter how well meaning, who since I've been going to games have been unable to get this club to assert a sustained period of dominance in this fixture, or even once to beat them in a big game at Hampden FFS.

It has to stop and this club has to get it's f'ing act together. If the current owner can't get his act together and make it happen then his one and only job should be to scour the earth for a new owner with deep pockets who will fly into a sodding rage if we lose to Hearts .... IMO Ron Gordon should start that search now .... today .... before this club has no bloody fans left.

My first game was 1979 so I guess my "derby" record is actually worse than yours. Today was bad as I felt resigned to defeat even before kickoff and haven't even had the usual post match banter with any of them as they expected to win. Sad days indeed.

Not In The Know
22-01-2023, 09:17 PM
He was in the match day squad today and for the last few games

sorry bud, DOH!!!!!

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1617141307704545280?s=46&t=6FKVxKrt24K9KldEJgwb7g

the_ginger_hibee
22-01-2023, 09:20 PM
sorry bud, don’t think he was.

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1617141307704545280?s=46&t=6FKVxKrt24K9KldEJgwb7g

10. Jair
On the bench

Hiber-nation
22-01-2023, 09:22 PM
sorry bud, don’t think he was.

Who's Jair then :greengrin

Nicho87
22-01-2023, 09:22 PM
Played well or not, hit the post twice, it’s totally irrelevant

Smashed twice in recent weeks by an average hearts team made out to be kings of Europe.

The fact they were average and still won by 3 goals must emphasise how far behind hibs have went.

Big screens and hospitality is the focus under this leadership

BILLYHIBS
22-01-2023, 09:25 PM
Hearts undefeated in nine games against local rivals Hibernian

BBC NEWS AT TEN

Embarrassing and unacceptable

I need a drink

Pagan Hibernia
22-01-2023, 09:28 PM
Hibs fans love excuses.

Can we just not look at it simply - we aren't progressing or winning many games let alone derbies - that's 10 and counting until something drastically changes soon.

not that it makes the slightest difference to your point but…

our winless run in derbies is currently standing at 9, not 10.

it’s painful enough without giving them more than they’ve actually got.

7Hero
23-01-2023, 06:37 AM
Something has to change support are being short changed by Gordon’s

It’s alright with screens and new fancy hospitality but it’s on the park it matters

Hibs don't own the screens, the media company does. .

WestStandWillie
23-01-2023, 06:49 AM
At a crossroads now.

Sack manager and these players who have let previous managers down get yet another reprieve.

Or

Trust the process and let LJ get to season end and try turn things around.

GreenCastle
23-01-2023, 07:03 AM
At a crossroads now.

Sack manager and these players who have let previous managers down get yet another reprieve.

Or

Trust the process and let LJ get to season end and try turn things around.

What’s the process ?

Let me guess ship out deadwood and hopefully find some 1st team players.

Wait for the DOF to magically make everything better ?

WestStandWillie
23-01-2023, 07:05 AM
What’s the process ?

Let me guess ship out deadwood and hopefully find some 1st team players.

Wait for the DOF to magically make everything better ?

He said he wants to clear out those who aren’t buying into his idea. I’d like to see that happen in full.

I'm Spartacus
23-01-2023, 07:10 AM
The result was clearly gutting, but that's as good as we've played for a while. One concern I have is we cannot find that performance against the rest, we will be back to the lazy dross when the Dons come calling.

Forza Fred
23-01-2023, 07:11 AM
I see us at a crossroads.

We have already taken the wrong path by focusing on ‘hopeful developing players’ instead of on the first team.

It would be nice if Ron came out, accepted his original strategy was flawed, and tell us his plan
to put it right.

Since452
23-01-2023, 07:18 AM
Our derby record over the last few years makes me cringe. Its a total embarrassment. Couldn't even beat them at Hampden when they were in the league below. I don't care if we "played well". We lost 3-0...again. Pathetic. How many more embarrassing failures are we going to have on Ron Gordons watch? I don't think this is the last one.

flash
23-01-2023, 08:06 AM

We have already taken the wrong path by focusing on ‘hopeful developing players’ instead of on the first team.

It would be nice if Ron came out, accepted his original strategy was flawed, and tell us his plan
to put it right.
Have the club not just done that?

Hibernia&Alba
23-01-2023, 10:59 AM
Hearts undefeated in nine games against local rivals Hibernian

BBC NEWS AT TEN

Embarrassing and unacceptable

I need a drink

Terrible. They always seem to want it more than us. No wonder they mock our derby record.

Not In The Know
23-01-2023, 11:13 AM
Terrible. They always seem to want it more than us. No wonder they mock our derby record.

You could argue we wanted it more / ran more. The main difference is quality of players. They get one shot it goes in. We had multiple and miss the target or straight at the keeper.

Their defence make crucial blocks ours let players (Cadden) continue to waltz past them.

Blame for this shamble lies 100% with the clowns who have signed 22 players in the last two years.

Just_Jimmy
23-01-2023, 11:18 AM
He said he wants to clear out those who aren’t buying into his idea. I’d like to see that happen in full.That'll be about 75% of the support too then.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
23-01-2023, 11:22 AM
You could argue we wanted it more / ran more. The main difference is quality of players. They get one shot it goes in. We had multiple and miss the target or straight at the keeper.

Their defence make crucial blocks ours let players (Cadden) continue to waltz past them.

Blame for this shamble lies 100% with the clowns who have signed 22 players in the last two years.

Fair point, yesterday the players did put a shift in, unlike the previous derby - then still lost 0-3. It's disheartening times once again at Hibs.

Alfred E Newman
23-01-2023, 11:25 AM

to put it right.

More like a dead end.

OsiersHibs
23-01-2023, 12:22 PM
Worst home defeat in a Derby since 1997 and we know how that turned out. When did we last lose back to back derbies by 3 goals?

Objective of the season is to now stay up. There needs to be a clear out...every player,coach, manager, directors and owner. Time to be fan owned with a winning culture. We are far too soft as a club with players that gave been with us too long now.

Svengali
23-01-2023, 12:42 PM
We played ok yesterday but it’s still nowhere near good enough. Our defending is honking as is our finishing.

No way they deserved a 3-0 but when is the shoe ever on the other foot with them. Sick fed up of it, they’re p1sh.

What is is embarrassing is those gimps telling everyone they’ve got a 20 goal a season striker and being a well run club, something we haven’t been able to say in about 31 years…. The irony.

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2023, 01:24 PM
We played ok yesterday but it’s still nowhere near good enough. Our defending is honking as is our finishing.

No way they deserved a 3-0 but when is the shoe ever on the other foot with them. Sick fed up of it, they’re p1sh.

What is is embarrassing is those gimps telling everyone they’ve got a 20 goal a season striker and being a well run club, something we haven’t been able to say in about 31 years…. The irony.

Aye? Something else we haven't had for about 31 years is a fan willing to give us about 3 million quid a year for nothing in order to balance the books. Lets see how the well run fan owned club gets on when he has gone and there's a 5 million quid debt to pay, no owner to give or guarantee a loan and no decent player to cash in on. That day will come because it always does, then we'll see how the Hertz 'model' stands up.