PDA

View Full Version : Owners

zitelli62
20-01-2023, 07:54 PM
Does anyone else think Ron Gordon has lost all interest in hibs ,there are people on here saying he's not been well lately and if that's the case then that might be the reason but if not then it looks like he's got bored with hibs,if that's the case and there were someone daft enough to buy us (wishful thinking) do you think he would sell?, I really hope he hasn't got bored as he has done a lot of good things at the club apart from the obvious the team but either way something has to be resolved soon as it looks like this can't go on much longer as this is going to turn sour in the not to distant future, though saying that a win on Sunday eases the pressure but for how long?

bingo70
20-01-2023, 08:12 PM
Does anyone else think Ron Gordon has lost all interest in hibs ,there are people on here saying he's not been well lately and if that's the case then that might be the reason but if not then it looks like he's got bored with hibs,if that's the case and there were someone daft enough to buy us (wishful thinking) do you think he would sell?, I really hope he hasn't got bored as he has done a lot of good things at the club apart from the obvious the team but either way something has to be resolved soon as it looks like this can't go on much longer as this is going to turn sour in the not to distant future, though saying that a win on Sunday eases the pressure but for how long?

I don’t think he’s just got bored as he’s got a lot of money riding on it.

I am a bit concerned he’s not prepared to invest any more though and he’s effectively cut us off financially and we’re having to just live within our means now.

Starting to look a bit like that IMO.

Henderson2Del
20-01-2023, 08:14 PM
I don’t think he’s just got bored as he’s got a lot of money riding on it.

I am a bit concerned he’s not prepared to invest any more though and he’s effectively cut us off financially and we’re having to just live within our means now.

Starting to look a bit like that IMO.

What money has he invested other than buying us?

bingo70
20-01-2023, 08:17 PM

I’m not one for looking at the accounts and stuff so I’ll happily be corrected on this if I’m wrong but did he not have to top up our funds during covid?

The money spent buying us also can’t be dismissed either.

Potty78
20-01-2023, 08:19 PM

Corporate side? We've also spent a few quid on signings🤷*♂️

chippy
20-01-2023, 08:25 PM
Corporate side? We've also spent a few quid on signings🤷*♂️
Is that his money or ours though he’s spent ? If he’s stopped spending now looks like he’s used our season ticket money and Doigs 3 mill or a portion of it

zitelli62
20-01-2023, 08:27 PM
I started this post not to have a go at ron gordon as if he did sell I think we are in a better position than we were when he bought us but I do honestly think he has lost a bit of interest and that is his right and if so I hope he is actively looking to sell us.

marinello59
20-01-2023, 08:29 PM
I started this post not to have a go at ron gordon as if he did sell I think we are in a better position than we were when he bought us but I do honestly think he has lost a bit of interest and that is his right and if so I hope he is actively looking to sell us.

I think he has taken us backwards.

ehf
20-01-2023, 08:44 PM
I think he has taken us backwards.

The stewardship of the Club has been calamitous under his watch.

Pretty Boy
20-01-2023, 08:53 PM
The stewardship of the Club has been calamitous under his watch.

I'd hesitate to say calamitous purely because there are areas that needed addressed commercially that he seems to have tried to do.

I think it should be remembered that he inherited a club in a really good position though. In the early 1990s we had just survived a hostile takeover attempt, went back to the brink of receivership again only a short time later, had a stadium that was a relic from the 1940s and led a nomadic existence when it came to training. The much maligned previous regime resolved all of that and left a club in a strong position to grow. Look at Aberdeen trying to beg, steal and borrow to fund a new stadium to see where we could have been. There was also a functioning football structure in place that needed tweaked rather than the reckless destruction of it we have witnessed. The fact we are returning to something broadly similar to what we had previously says it all.

The ongoing low level smear campaign against the previous owners and executives is actually quite galling imo. There was and is room for improvement but the painting off them as feckless morons stumbling about in the dark is inherently unfair. For many years Rod Petrie was torn apart for being too focussed on off field issues at the expense of the team on the park (not without merit on occasion). Now the same argument has almost flipped and a revamp of hospitality and a few sponsors is some kind of mitigation for the shambles on the park; such an argument is often put forward by the same people who didn't see a new stadium or training centre as good reason for on field struggles.

Ron Gordon has to do better. He had a solid platform to build from and thus far it seems there is an air of disarray around the club with no real focus on where we are going, particularly on the park.

Forza Fred
20-01-2023, 09:10 PM

I’m hoping he hasn’t.

The club has been improved off the field but not on it by any means.

However, there are not too many people around with the money and commitment to fund a football club, so as the saying goes..we should be careful what we wish for.

He’s made mistakes…hopefully he’s learned from them.

zitelli62
20-01-2023, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry if I came across as saying the previous regime were a shambles nothing could be further from the truth in fact I think there should be a statue of sir Tom farmer as he was the man that saved us and built the stadium, all I was saying in the original post was that from a buying point of view we may be attractive due to the infrastructure we have ie hospitality and sponsors.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-01-2023, 09:20 PM

None as far as I'm aware, the purchase price to Farmer and the subsequent share dilution are his only outlays. To be fair he's never claimed to be a benefactor, it's our money that has been frittered away.

ehf
20-01-2023, 09:20 PM
I'd hesitate to say calamitous purely because there are areas that needed addressed commercially that he seems to have tried to do.

I think it should be remembered that he inherited a club in a really good position though. In the early 1990s we had just survived a hostile takeover attempt, went back to the brink of receivership again only a short time later, had a stadium that was a relic from the 1940s and led a nomadic existence when it came to training. The much maligned previous regime resolved all of that and left a club in a strong position to grow. Look at Aberdeen trying to beg, steal and borrow to fund a new stadium to see where we could have been. There was also a functioning football structure in place that needed tweaked rather than the reckless destruction of it we have witnessed. The fact we are returning to something broadly similar to what we had previously says it all.

The ongoing low level smear campaign against the previous owners and executives is actually quite galling imo. There was and is room for improvement but the painting off them as feckless morons stumbling about in the dark is inherently unfair. For many years Rod Petrie was torn apart for being too focussed on off field issues at the expense of the team on the park (not without merit on occasion). Now the same argument has almost flipped and a revamp of hospitality and a few sponsors is some kind of mitigation for the shambles on the park; such an argument is often put forward by the same people who didn't see a new stadium or training centre as good reason for on field struggles.

Ron Gordon has to do better. He had a solid platform to build from and thus far it seems there is an air of disarray around the club with no real focus on where we are going, particularly on the park.

That’s essentially my point. If you think where we were in 2016 - 19 in “on the park” terms, it seems staggering that we are where we are now.

ancient hibee
20-01-2023, 09:42 PM

Could you giver an example of the smear campaign.

ancient hibee
20-01-2023, 09:45 PM
None as far as I'm aware, the purchase price to Farmer and the subsequent share dilution are his only outlays. To be fair he's never claimed to be a benefactor, it's our money that has been frittered away.
He also paid off the mortgage-£500,000.

ionahibby
20-01-2023, 10:13 PM

I take it you lot are bored over on fudback

7Hero
20-01-2023, 10:43 PM
Can't be bothered with all the grief he and his son gets, he is ill but will be back. Harder job than he thought (the football side) and will sell at the right price.

I

zitelli62
21-01-2023, 12:01 AM
I take it you lot are bored over on fudback

Funny enough I was waiting for that type of remark all I will say is I've been involved very heavily in hands of hibs campaign I was a big fine away from going down but luckily people had a whipround to pay my fine so call me a yam all you want I was only asking a genuine question but feel free to have a go I was only sounding my concerns.
🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

21-01-2023, 12:08 AM
Funny enough I was waiting for that type of remark all I will say is I've been involved very heavily in hands of hibs campaign I was a big fine away from going down but luckily people had a whipround to pay my fine so call me a yam all you want I was only asking a genuine question but feel free to have a go I was only sounding my concerns.
🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Here's a genuine question. What makes you think he's lost all interest and is bored?

zitelli62
21-01-2023, 12:16 AM
Here's a genuine question. What makes you think he's lost all interest and is bored?

If you read my post I said if he has lost interest then maybe he will sell but I believe he has been ill which is entirely different hope that clears that up.
By the way I like a lot of the stuff he has done for the club.

21-01-2023, 12:44 AM
If you read my post I said if he has lost interest then maybe he will sell but I believe he has been ill which is entirely different hope that clears that up.
By the way I like a lot of the stuff he has done for the club.

Maybe you should read your own post back. This bit:
"Does anyone else think Ron Gordon has lost all interest in hibs ,there are people on here saying he's not been well lately and if that's the case then that might be the reason but if not then it looks like he's got bored with hibs"

You asked if we think he's lost all interest in Hibs said it may be because of illness but if it isn't then it looks like he's got bored with Hibs. So what is it that he's either done or not done that is due to illness or being bored with Hibs?

Greencore
21-01-2023, 12:58 AM
Didn't Ron say it was a team effort to get hibs in a good position? Meaning he would invest but the fans would need to do their bit too. Are we doing our bit? I wish I could do mine but as a father of a toddler and a baby I simply can't afford a season ticket or even get to the odd game. I still make sure I buy my girls their hibs kit and renew them as hibs kids.

zitelli62
21-01-2023, 01:13 AM
Maybe you should read your own post back. This bit:
"Does anyone else think Ron Gordon has lost all interest in hibs ,there are people on here saying he's not been well lately and if that's the case then that might be the reason but if not then it looks like he's got bored with hibs"

You asked if we think he's lost all interest in Hibs said it may be because of illness but if it isn't then it looks like he's got bored with Hibs. So what is it that he's either done or not done that is due to illness or being bored with Hibs?

I don't know the answer maybe he has maybe he hasn't I don't know I wish I did unfortunately I'm not related to him I don't want to argue with anyone as I don't know the answer was just asking a question which I don't know the answer to.

21-01-2023, 01:40 AM
I don't know the answer maybe he has maybe he hasn't I don't know I wish I did unfortunately I'm not related to him I don't want to argue with anyone as I don't know the answer was just asking a question which I don't know the answer to.

You've totally lost me now. You started a thread and said it looks like Ron's got bored with Hibs but you're basing that on absolutely nothing at all.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2023, 05:17 AM
:agree: The club spun us a load of sheite since Ron took over, but most of the fans are wakening up to it now. :blah::blah::blah::grr:

jakeshibs
21-01-2023, 05:43 AM

Gordon has made more money available than ever before to purchase players, he paid it all through the pandemic and has alslo spent fortune on hte business side so dont let facts get in the way.
The side has not been good enough but he employs people to take care of that side on his behalf, the playing squad needs to be reduced but he made the money available to have all those players in the team, we know they are not good enough.

Personally in have faith in the long term plan as have endured this for 50 years and the future and hope is what keeps me going.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2023, 06:18 AM
Gordon has made more money available than ever before to purchase players, he paid it all through the pandemic and has alslo spent fortune on hte business side so dont let facts get in the way.
The side has not been good enough but he employs people to take care of that side on his behalf, the playing squad needs to be reduced but he made the money available to have all those players in the team, we know they are not good enough.

Personally in have faith in the long term plan as have endured this for 50 years and the future and hope is what keeps me going.

I used to think that and i could be wrong, but has he actually spent any of his own money, or is he spending what the club has earnt through better sponsorship and more income through the new bars and the likes?

I am asking this as i really dont know, and i suppose we should find out at the AGM?

Obviously he spent money buying us.

Greenworld
21-01-2023, 06:28 AM
I used to think that and i could be wrong, but has he actually spent any of his own money, or is he spending what the club has earnt through better sponsorship and more income through the new bars and the likes?

I am asking this as i really dont know, and i suppose we should find out at the AGM?

Obviously he spent money buying us.I think your right I suspect if someone gave him 5 million or whatever he paid for hibs he would walk away without having spent much of his own money if any

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2023, 06:36 AM
I think your right I suspect if someone gave him 5 million or whatever he paid for hibs he would walk away without having spent much of his own money if any

I really dont know the answer, but the AGM should give us a few answers.

FilipinoHibs
21-01-2023, 07:43 AM
I think your right I suspect if someone gave him 5 million or whatever he paid for hibs he would walk away without having spent much of his own money if any

I was working on a business valuation in LA for a client in the late spring of last year. The client had Ron lined up as investor and told me Ron was interested in selling Hibs.

flash
21-01-2023, 07:56 AM
I was working on a business valuation in LA for a client in the late spring of last year. The client had Ron lined up as investor and told me Ron was interested in selling Hibs.

Sure you did.:fibber:

Alex Trager
21-01-2023, 08:01 AM
‘If we win, would I want to stay on and see it through? It’s out of my hands because Ben Kensell has made it quite clear, he wants to cash in during this window’ Porteous continues.

flash
21-01-2023, 08:07 AM
‘If we win, would I want to stay on and see it through? It’s out of my hands because Ben Kensell has made it quite clear, he wants to cash in during this window’ Porteous continues.

In the interests of balance he does then go on to say that this would be the right thing for the club to do whilst also mentioning that it should never have got to this point.

He is right.

McD
21-01-2023, 08:17 AM

same folk that keep telling you (for about 2 years) that Anderson is imminently going bust and won’t be funding Hearts anymore?

sleeping giant
21-01-2023, 01:57 PM

🤣

CapitalGreen
21-01-2023, 02:09 PM
That’s essentially my point. If you think where we were in 2016 - 19 in “on the park” terms, it seems staggering that we are where we are now.

After the same number of games in 2018/19 we were further down the league than we are now.

HendoDelivered
21-01-2023, 02:13 PM
When is the AGM anyone know?

Jones28
21-01-2023, 02:40 PM

Hell of a coincidence that - did you not think to mention it at the time? Seems like kind of big news no?

overdrive
21-01-2023, 03:47 PM
Hell of a coincidence that - did you not think to mention it at the time? Seems like kind of big news no?

To be fair, I think he has mentioned this before.

Whether it is true or not is another matter.

hibsforeurope
21-01-2023, 03:48 PM
When is the AGM anyone know?

Was the 3rd of March last year, so can’t be far off announcing The accounts.

Will be interesting to see what the level of investment is from outside the club. Last accounts was £300k from HSL and 300k from board members.

JimBHibees
21-01-2023, 03:59 PM
Sure you did.:fibber:

Absolutely jeezo some folk

jakeshibs
21-01-2023, 08:21 PM
I’m hoping he hasn’t.

The club has been improved off the field but not on it by any means.

However, there are not too many people around with the money and commitment to fund a football club, so as the saying goes..we should be careful what we wish for.

He’s made mistakes…hopefully he’s learned from them.

I am of a similar opinion

Nakedmanoncrack
21-01-2023, 11:03 PM
He also paid off the mortgage-£500,000.

As far as I’m aware, from what was reported at the time the mortgage was cleared as part of the deal with Tom Farmer at purchase.