PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Attendance

Torto7062
20-01-2023, 08:03 AM
Anyone else getting dogs abuse from Jambo cnts about lack of interest in the Derby from Hibbys ?

I get things have been on a downward slope for a while and I personally fear what could happen on Sunday But I've got my ticket and my daughter a ticket...it's a Derby ffs get behind the team...they would and Do

green day
20-01-2023, 08:11 AM
Another thread about our support on Sunday.

Hurray !

BS44
20-01-2023, 08:12 AM
Anyone else getting dogs abuse from Jambo cnts about lack of interest in the Derby from Hibbys ?

I get things have been on a downward slope for a while and I personally fear what could happen on Sunday But I've got my ticket and my daughter a ticket...it's a Derby ffs get behind the team...they would and Do

Just lob in a wee comment about us not being charity thieves. Works a treat every time.

Carheenlea
20-01-2023, 08:49 AM

It’s a no for me.

Since452
20-01-2023, 08:55 AM
We'll still probably have a bigger crowd on Sunday than the total capacity of their stadium

lyonhibs
20-01-2023, 09:16 AM
Sunday's attendance will be what it will be.

It's Sunday's performance that matters

Torto7062
20-01-2023, 09:19 AM
We'll still probably have a bigger crowd on Sunday than the total capacity of their stadium

🤣🤣🤣👏👏

HendoDelivered
20-01-2023, 09:56 AM
Dunno why attendance is made out to be such a big issue. It doesn’t decide how the game goes. If folk want to go, they will and if they don’t they wont, simple as that really.

flash
20-01-2023, 09:59 AM
Dunno why attendance is made out to be such a big issue. It doesn’t decide how the game goes. If folk want to go, they will and if they don’t they wont, simple as that really.

To suggest it doesn't have any effect is pushing it a bit.

brydekirk
20-01-2023, 10:21 AM
Sunday's attendance will be what it will be.

It's Sunday's performance that matters

This

hibsbollah
20-01-2023, 10:23 AM
Just lob in a wee comment about us not being charity thieves. Works a treat every time.

I’m a fan of this.
Bumping charities, bigger stadiums are harder to fill than wee stadiums also works.
Or just slip a laxative in their tea.

Since452
20-01-2023, 10:30 AM
There was only 12k odd in Easter Road when we beat them 6-2. Appreciate Hearts had a small turnout that night but there will still be more Hibs fans there on Sunday than the total attendance back then. Get stuck in about them from the start and the fans will respond.

Pretty Boy
20-01-2023, 10:31 AM
I don't fraternise with Hearts fans therefore I don't hear their pish.

A simple solution that has stood me in good stead for years.

OstKurve Hibs
20-01-2023, 10:33 AM

Lol, think you need to stop lettin them get in your head mate.

No supporter of a club that went into admin and bumped businesses out of money and employed known sex offenders on more than one occasion can take the high ground over anyone.
Just remind them of that when they start they're cringey pish.

leith lynx
20-01-2023, 10:35 AM

Highly recommended approach to life.

Keith_M
20-01-2023, 10:35 AM
I don't have any Jambo mates.

I made a new year's resolution in 1990 to give them up

Spike Mandela
20-01-2023, 10:39 AM
I can’t remember what the attendances were in 1973 or 2000 but I know we won 0-7 and 6-2.

basehibby
20-01-2023, 11:05 AM

Obviously the players on the pitch are the biggest influence on the outcome but the crowd absolutely DOES have an influence.

Will never forget going to the ill-fated semi at Hampden back in 2006 - the teams came out to see a packed Hearts end faced by a Hibs support split by a big gap right behind the goals. Straight away their gas was at a peep while the Hibs support was subdued.

Players are forever telling us how much a voluble enthusiastic support can give them an edge - so do you think they're just making it up?

Zambernardi1875
20-01-2023, 11:08 AM
Obviously the players on the pitch are the biggest influence on the outcome but the crowd absolutely DOES have an influence.

Will never forget going to the ill-fated semi at Hampden back in 2006 - the teams came out to see a packed Hearts end faced by a Hibs support split by a big gap right behind the goals. Straight away their gas was at a peep while the Hibs support was subdued.

Players are forever telling us how much a voluble enthusiastic support can give them an edge - so do you think they're just making it up?

That theory surprisingly doesn’t seem to make a difference to other smaller supported teams at hampden against us.

20-01-2023, 11:22 AM

First time for a while the derby crowd hasn't been over 20k at Easter Road. Ask them why they never manage to get crowds even close to 20k in their 20k+ seater stadium when there's a full away end. (And closing off small sections where the home and away fans are next to each other doesn't cover the shortfall).

If they do admit it's only a c19k seater then they could maybe explain what happened to 1000 seats, given Budge and Robbie alway talk about 20k. (Unlike Hearts to fudge the figures 🤔)

yonder1875
20-01-2023, 11:48 AM
I couldn’t consider something that I do not care about to be dogs abuse, so no I’ve not had anything come my way.

Seat counting is such a weird Hearts thing — who actually cares?

Frazerbob
20-01-2023, 11:56 AM
There's still a decent chance that there will be more Hibs on Sunday than Hearts fans at Tynie a couple of weeks ago. That's with us being pish.

LunasBoots
20-01-2023, 11:57 AM
To suggest it doesn't have any effect is pushing it a bit.

Used to be a time when we thought Hibs didn't play in front of large crowds not so long ago.....

Libby Hibby
20-01-2023, 12:03 PM

Are you now, is it now, interesting.

NAE NOOKIE
20-01-2023, 12:23 PM
I've had my say ....... at length :greengrin .... on the folk who are giving this one a miss because, boo hoo hoo, we might lose.

Now we are getting to the stage where it isn't what the crowd is, but what the team do. In the end it doesn't matter if the stadium is packed or half empty because it's a players job to go out there and do his absolute best to get a result for the club who pay his wages and the people who support it, they aren't playing for the folk who haven't turned up, they are playing for the folk who have.

I watched a team full of character, guts and personality pull back a 2 - 0 deficit at Tynecastle back in 2016 .... if the current lot can raise themselves to even two thirds of the attitude of that team they can win this game, at 2pm on Sunday it's up to them and only them to win a game that can absolutely save our season.

Shrekko
20-01-2023, 12:30 PM
Seat counting is such a weird Hearts thing — who actually cares?

It's not a Hearts thing- we used to have dot counts all the time when were getting bigger crowds.

We also make a huge deal of it when we get a bigger crowd than them, or when they've failed to sell their allocation for a game.

Some people even make a big deal of us having a bigger capacity as a bragging point.

There's a lot of people spending a lot of time saying how little it matters....

HibbyAndy
20-01-2023, 12:32 PM

Just remind them they bottled a 2-0 lead and we went on to win the cup and killed 99% of their songbook

MKHIBEE
20-01-2023, 12:35 PM
I can’t remember what the attendances were in 1973 or 2000 but I know we won 0-7 and 6-2.

Those are the figures that matter

Leith Green
20-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Looking like 19k plus for the game come sunday , thats an excellent effort all things considered.. Also probably a normal hibs or hearts home derby crowd when u factor in that all ticket sales will pretty much definitely be there. Only difference is the empty seats arent dotted around as would be normal

Since452
20-01-2023, 12:48 PM
The fans have tuned up in incredible numbers in the past and been let down. If there are fans wanting to give this one a miss i fully understand it. Time for the team to step up and give us something to celebrate for a change.

I'm Spartacus
20-01-2023, 01:03 PM
I'm refusing to give my answer to this thread.

I choose to wait until the next plum starts an attendance thread and I will get involved there.

7 threads are not enough. Can people not read a message board?

Jones28
20-01-2023, 01:05 PM
I'm refusing to give my answer to this thread.

I choose to wait until the next plum starts an attendance thread and I will get involved there.

7 threads are not enough. Can people not read a message board?

Good answer.

:greengrin

hibsbollah
20-01-2023, 01:07 PM
It's not a Hearts thing- we used to have dot counts all the time when were getting bigger crowds.

We also make a huge deal of it when we get a bigger crowd than them, or when they've failed to sell their allocation for a game.

Some people even make a big deal of us having a bigger capacity as a bragging point.

There's a lot of people spending a lot of time saying how little it matters....

I thought 'dot counts' were a deliberately self mocking way of people wasting time while they were at work...I dont recall anyone seriously losing their lunch over them. If you haven't read 'wee team couldnae sell their tickets' jibes from jambos in your life then good for you, but they are deeply deeply obsessed about it.

They are just different.

TAHibby
20-01-2023, 01:22 PM

Just say "we're absolute ***** so I'm not surprised people don't want to go". Simple

hibee-boys
20-01-2023, 01:27 PM
It’s not the size of the crowd that matters…….it’s what you do with it😏

LaMotta
20-01-2023, 01:39 PM
Hibs have had 8 attendances over 20k at Easter Road in derbies in the last 8 years.

Hearts haven't had a 20k plus attendance at their stadium for a derby in nearly 30 years.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-01-2023, 01:41 PM

Works for me too. 👏

Leith Green
20-01-2023, 04:52 PM
Starting to actually look forward to this now 😁💚

Brooster
20-01-2023, 05:23 PM

Aye nae bother pal, the crowd will be just fine on Sunday. Off you trot.

California-Hibs
20-01-2023, 05:33 PM
We'll have more fans in the stadium than their shi**y small stadium even can hold.

California-Hibs
20-01-2023, 05:34 PM

Nice try. Trott on. Just remember Neilson has NEVER won at Easter Road neither as a player or manager.