PDA

View Full Version : (If you can) Please, just buy the ticket

Crutch
19-01-2023, 09:26 PM
First of all, fully appreciate there will be those amongst us that cannot afford to buy themselves, their son/daughter, other half etc. a ticket for Sunday. Times are harder than ever and we’ve all got to do what we can to get by…

That being said, I know there’s a fair few choosing not to buy a ticket for Sunday for a multitude of reasons. The manager, the owner, the lack of new signings, the thought of another embarrassment. And I get it - I feel the exact same.

For me, going on Sunday is a non negotiable because I can’t bear the thought of missing out (no matter how slim our chances are right now) on the feeling of celebrating a win at Easter Road. The good times are few and far between supporting Hibs, that’s what makes the highs feel as good as they do when they come around. And they always do, sometimes when you least expect it. Some of the best memories I have in life involve being with my family and my mates watching Hibs - regardless of whether we ultimately win or lose. We’ll have a laugh if we’re brutal, we’ll go mental if we win, we’ll talk about things that are going on at work, at home, everything. Like we all know, supporting Hibs and going to the game is way more than just the 90+ minutes of football.

Life’s short, and we’ll all have had someone in our lives that we’d love to be at the game with on Sunday that isn’t with us anymore. They’d want you to be there. And for those that we’re lucky enough to still have with us - drop them a text, give them a call, have a catch up at the game and see what happens. It might not be the result we all want, but sometimes it not all about that anyway, really.

So if you can, please… just buy the ticket.

WeeRussell
19-01-2023, 09:32 PM
Opened this thinking is there any need for a new thread given the back and forth already existing.

But that’s a very good post and deserves the thread of its own.

I’ve been, and always am, defending everyone’s right not to go to any game as their business only. But your appeal is very well put.

yerauldda
19-01-2023, 09:34 PM
Will be buying me and my old man one tomorrow, couldn’t miss it.

MelbourneHibees
19-01-2023, 09:34 PM
The best games and memories are always in matches where your expectations are so low.

California-Hibs
19-01-2023, 09:47 PM
The best games and memories are always in matches where your expectations are so low.

100% this! Honestly won't be entirely shocked if we end up winning 3-1 on Sunday. It's happened many times before when we're brutal and on a bad run, poor squad etc. Up pops a 0-3 win away at Ibrox (Miller, Rankin, Dickoh) or a 0-1 win away at Tynie (Riordan).

It's the games of the season not to be missed.

JimBHibees
20-01-2023, 05:41 AM
First of all, fully appreciate there will be those amongst us that cannot afford to buy themselves, their son/daughter, other half etc. a ticket for Sunday. Times are harder than ever and we’ve all got to do what we can to get by…

That being said, I know there’s a fair few choosing not to buy a ticket for Sunday for a multitude of reasons. The manager, the owner, the lack of new signings, the thought of another embarrassment. And I get it - I feel the exact same.

For me, going on Sunday is a non negotiable because I can’t bear the thought of missing out (no matter how slim our chances are right now) on the feeling of celebrating a win at Easter Road. The good times are few and far between supporting Hibs, that’s what makes the highs feel as good as they do when they come around. And they always do, sometimes when you least expect it. Some of the best memories I have in life involve being with my family and my mates watching Hibs - regardless of whether we ultimately win or lose. We’ll have a laugh if we’re brutal, we’ll go mental if we win, we’ll talk about things that are going on at work, at home, everything. Like we all know, supporting Hibs and going to the game is way more than just the 90+ minutes of football.

Life’s short, and we’ll all have had someone in our lives that we’d love to be at the game with on Sunday that isn’t with us anymore. They’d want you to be there. And for those that we’re lucky enough to still have with us - drop them a text, give them a call, have a catch up at the game and see what happens. It might not be the result we all want, but sometimes it not all about that anyway, really.

Brilliant post. :hibees

hibee_girl
20-01-2023, 10:44 AM

:agree:

Spike Mandela
20-01-2023, 10:58 AM
Nice sentiment but people will go if they want to go, it’s as simple as that.

Not sure why people expend so much energy worrying about what other people are doing. You’re going, I’m going and plenty others are going as well. If others don’t want to, for whatever reason, I don’t give a ****.

Enjoy the day and FTH.:flag:

snedzuk
20-01-2023, 10:59 AM

Someone should print this out and pin it to the dressing room wall

Superfurry72
20-01-2023, 10:59 AM
Personally speaking, I would never skip a derby intentionally no matter how we are playing. It's the game I look forward to most (and also dread at the same time). I just have to be there. Due to family commitments, I missed the first home game against Hearts in August and I was gutted. And even though the last game at Tynie sickened me to the point where I am still raging about it, not coming on Sunday was never an option for me.

I travel from Glasgow, and the whole day can cost a few quid, so I pick and choose my games because I can't afford to go to them all. I have a young family and times are tricky. So I totally understand the economic situation for some people. But these are the games I live for... yes, we're underdogs, yes, there are a lot of things to be unhappy about if you're a Hibs supporter right now. But if we get behind the team on Sunday and they pull it off, which is not as inconceivable as some are making out, then things will seem a lot rosier. If you can make it, buy a ticket. You never know.

Groathillgrump
20-01-2023, 11:04 AM

:top marks

Well said. Best post I've read on here for ages.

jakeshibs
20-01-2023, 11:13 AM

outstanding post mon the cabbage

hibee-boys
20-01-2023, 11:18 AM

Lump in throat after reading that🙈😂

FitbaFolkKen
20-01-2023, 11:18 AM
My youngest daughter has started to show a bit of interest in football, she bought the cabbage away kit with her Xmas money which surprised,and pleased me.

She has been to a couple of games a few years back, but I'm taking her Sunday, partly because she is showing an interest and because I've no sitters :greengrin Could be the start of something glorious, or it could all end before it has even begun!

Crutch
20-01-2023, 11:23 AM
Nice sentiment but people will go if they want to go, it’s as simple as that.

Not sure why people expend so much energy worying about what other people are doing. You’re going, I’m going and plenty others are going as well. If others don’t want to, for whatever reason, I don’t give a ****.

Enjoy the day and FTH.:flag:

Fair enough, mate. Some might benefit from a slightly different perspective given how poor the actual football’s been this season. I don’t care what the attendance is on Sunday, I care that someone who might be feeling a bit low right now might miss out on a day that they remember for years irrelevant of how the game ends.

scottish_sleepy
20-01-2023, 12:09 PM
If we can't sell the tickets I'd rather the club had given them away to local schools than have the famous five looking 3/4 empty.

Libby Hibby
20-01-2023, 12:12 PM
Mon the Hibs

scoopyboy
20-01-2023, 12:27 PM
If we can't sell the tickets I'd rather the club had given them away to local schools than have the famous five looking 3/4 empty.

The famous five will not be 3/4 empty though

BegbieHSC
20-01-2023, 12:39 PM
I can see this being a wee bit like the semi against the Huns last year.
Ticket sales aren’t the best they could be, but the fans that go are incredible, and we go out and give the ****bags a scudding, and those who didn’t go cause they’re resigned to defeat are ****ing gutted!

Buzzing for this one tbh. Mon Hibs !!

scottish_sleepy
20-01-2023, 12:51 PM
The famous five will not be 3/4 empty though

It's still looking pretty bad though mate. I'm in the bottom left section looking at it and it looks like I can nearly have the whole section to myself. Still two days to go though I guess 🇳🇬🇳🇬

scoopyboy
20-01-2023, 01:16 PM
It's still looking pretty bad though mate. I'm in the bottom left section looking at it and it looks like I can nearly have the whole section to myself. Still two days to go though I guess 🇳🇬🇳🇬

Someone did a count and reckoned it was 65% sold or roughly 1300 left.

Hopefully the small number of east and west will be sold soon which means the FF is the only option left.

The end ones in the lower tier are always the last ones to sell.

Phil MaGlass
20-01-2023, 01:58 PM
Even us playing bad, I cant believe people wont go because they think they will lose, just what the actual !@#$. The clubs more than a game as the boy mentioned its a way of life, meeting yir mates, like I will, when Im across for the Dons game next week, its not as if its the game thats the attraction, its everything that comes with it, the build up with the travelling, meeting up with auld mates, the stories, the news yi missed, the Belhaven Best yiv missed, the atmosphere walkin tae the game after a few pints, gettin a wee bit hyped up (as much as yi kin fir the dons game) gettin intae the stadium meetin mair auld mates, havin a scream at the ref, buyin probably the worst pies in the SPFL, win lose or draw its the whole day. Yi just cannae beat matchday. I envy every one of you that goes tae the Cup game. Wish I was there, win lose or draw.

marinello59
20-01-2023, 02:03 PM
There’s a coach going from Aberdeen on Sunday with over 30 Hibees on it. Pick ups in Aberdeen, Laurencekirk,Montrose and Dundee. Still some spaces if anybody from up that way is swithering because of transport.
:hibees:hibees

LewysGot2
20-01-2023, 02:35 PM
An eloquently put version of 'just grow a pair and back your team'.

👏

worcesterhibby
20-01-2023, 02:41 PM
Love this thread. :agree:

Jim Herriot
20-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Just bought the ticket. Not in Embra that often but can't miss a derby when I'm there. Usually in the East but looking forward to experiencing the FF upper for a change.

Basildon Hibs
20-01-2023, 03:34 PM
Someone should print this out and pin it to the dressing room wall

Do you really think our players would give a toss?🫤

scoopyboy
20-01-2023, 04:13 PM

Are you saying that Hibs players don't care?

AugustaHibs
20-01-2023, 04:14 PM
I’ll sell anyone who’s wanting one mine at half price

The Spaceman
20-01-2023, 04:18 PM
The Famous Five lower as usual looking sparse. We really need to move the family section away from there.

JimBHibees
20-01-2023, 04:24 PM
There’s a coach going from Aberdeen on Sunday with over 30 Hibees on it. Pick ups in Aberdeen, Laurencekirk,Montrose and Dundee. Still some spaces if anybody from up that way is swithering because of transport.
:hibees:hibees

Great to hear. :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
20-01-2023, 04:25 PM

Absolutely they would

Davidhibs1875
20-01-2023, 04:30 PM
East looks like it’s now sold out hopefully shift a few more

Hibby70
20-01-2023, 04:40 PM
Looks like we'll have a crowd bigger than the last derby at the tiny wee arena.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-01-2023, 04:42 PM
The Famous Five lower as usual looking sparse. We really need to move the family section away from there.

The solution to empty seats is to create more?

CL0762
20-01-2023, 05:57 PM
Picked mines up earlier, had to wait until payday.

Someone’s snagged my own seats 😂

Keith_M
20-01-2023, 06:12 PM
I can see this being a wee bit like the semi against the Huns last year.
Ticket sales aren’t the best they could be, but the fans that go are incredible, and we go out and give the ****bags a scudding, and those who didn’t go cause they’re resigned to defeat are ****ing gutted!

Buzzing for this one tbh. Mon Hibs !!

Funny but I was thinking the same.

I went to the game at Hampden with very little confidence but had a great day.

Hibeewilly
20-01-2023, 09:07 PM
Its embarrassing Spaceman......if any directors, fans reps or anybody with any influence at ER is reading this thread for goodness sake hand free tickets out to schools, BB's, Scouts, people who would normally go but cant afford it and anyone else deserving of a ticket. Its last minute but this should have been anticipated and monitored over the past few days. Just giving the Jambos more ammunition to taunt us with !!

marinello59
20-01-2023, 09:21 PM
Its embarrassing Spaceman......if any directors, fans reps or anybody with any influence at ER is reading this thread for goodness sake hand free tickets out to schools, BB's, Scouts, people who would normally go but cant afford it and anyone else deserving of a ticket. Its last minute but this should have been anticipated and monitored over the past few days. Just giving the Jambos more ammunition to taunt us with !!

At full time on Sunday the only thing that will matter is the score. Nobody will give a thought about what the attendance was.

green day
20-01-2023, 09:23 PM

Drivel

Not In The Know
20-01-2023, 09:30 PM
East looks like it’s now sold out hopefully shift a few more

Good news.

Ringothedog
20-01-2023, 09:35 PM

Who pays for it? It’s a cup tie and gate receipts will be split. I am sure Hearts would be delighted if we were giving tickets away for eff all- Not!

And just to add the attendance will be close to 19000 of which 15000 will be Hibs supporters

Hibeewilly
20-01-2023, 10:25 PM
Who pays for it? It’s a cup tie and gate receipts will be split. I am sure Hearts would be delighted if we were giving tickets away for eff all- Not!

And just to add the attendance will be close to 19000 of which 15000 will be Hibs supporters
I'd forgotten about the gate receipts split Ringo.... fair point....

Criswell
21-01-2023, 12:11 AM
I'm going. We're probably massive underdogs, but you never know!