Dundee United = 0
Ross County = 0
Aberdeen = -1
Kilmarnock = -2
Celtic = -3
St Mirren = -4
Hibernian = -5

*One club not conced

And VAR was meant to make things fairer? Even the ****ing computers know the funny handshake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
19-01-2023, 09:03 PM
Would he interested to see stats for the amount of pens we get when Boyle plays compared to when he doesn’t.

Even though he’s not involved in every single one it seems he is always on the pitch when we get one.

Since he left last January and been out injured this season I can’t recall any pens we’ve had.

Alfred E Newman
19-01-2023, 09:16 PM
Apologies if already posted.

2022-23 SPFL Penalty Differential Table:

*Rangers = +5
Hearts = +4
Livingstone = +2
Motherwell = +2
St Johnstone = +2
Dundee United = 0
Ross County = 0
Aberdeen = -1
Kilmarnock = -2
Celtic = -3
St Mirren = -4
Hibernian = -5

*One club not conceded

I thought the pundits accused us of playing to win penalties and were the worst offenders for diving.
We are obviously not very good at it.

Nutmegged
19-01-2023, 09:22 PM
And VAR was meant to make things fairer? Even the ****ing computers know the funny handshake

😂

The Edinburgh and Glasgow dark sides definitely find them very fair

Donegal Hibby
19-01-2023, 09:31 PM
Someone mentioned to me that Sevco have went 28 games or so without a penalty given against them , surely this isn't true ? . Amazing if it is .

HarpOnHibee
19-01-2023, 09:44 PM
Interesting? More like entirely predictable.

They even themselves out though... :faf:

Eyrie
19-01-2023, 09:51 PM
Interesting? More like entirely predictable.

They even themselves out though... :faf:

Of course they even out.

The refs are very careful to ensure that for every dodgy decision given in favour of an Ugly Sister there is an equally dodgy decision given against their opponent.

Torto7
19-01-2023, 10:01 PM
I remember Gordon Smith the hun one always claiming the old firm got more penalties due to attacking more back in the day and knowing deep down that was pish. Then you look at this with Hibs bottom(yes we are pish) but Celtic being third bottom and the funny handshake brigade predictably being top two and it lays it all out beautifully. A corrupt silly wee bigoted country who allowed a sectarian bigot to stay in charge of referees because he was only having a laugh.

Torto7
19-01-2023, 10:03 PM
Of course they even out.

The refs are very careful to ensure that for every dodgy decision given in favour of an Ugly Sister there is an equally dodgy decision given against their opponent.

Rangers not Celtic. Celtic have had so many dodgy VARs against them recently its almost comical.

Sir David Gray
19-01-2023, 10:06 PM
Rangers not Celtic. Celtic have had so many dodgy VARs against them recently its almost comical.

They had one very big VAR call go for them last weekend.

Nutmegged
19-01-2023, 10:11 PM

The refs have ruined VAR up here already with the way they've done Celtic dirty at the start, it's been way more leniant since the World Cup but we haven't been officially told this so you can see why they were going bonkers looking for things rhat they were punished for.

That said it was quite comical, the fact they are so much better than Rangers meant the decisions have become more comical though, if it allowed them to overtake them the place would be in meltdown and a big light shining on why them and Hearts get so many decisions in comparison to the others.

ChilliEater
19-01-2023, 10:42 PM
Would be interesting to see a table of penalty claims NOT given too - like St Mirren at Tynie last week, Goldson's handballs etc - as well as other decisions, like red cards. It's unusual for a ref to give a clearly wrong decision, but the "borderline" ones - like Lundstram's red against us, if you try to view it neutrally, you can see why he gave it at the time, as it looked really bad, but you can also see why it was over-turned on appeal, as it was more of a trip than a stamp, even if you agree or disagree with the call - when fans say they want consistency, they don't mean consistently favouring the same teams in these situations :wink:

After almost 50 years of watching Scottish football, I always thought Rangers and Celtic benefitted the most from refereeing "interpretations", followed by Hearts and Aberdeen. I've been surprised to see Celtic suffering at the hands of VAR this season - I know Killie should have had the penalty in the semi, but, on balance, I'd say Celtic have had more go against them than for them. Just how much Hearts have benefitted has also surprised me. It's almost as if the authorities are trying to make it up to them after their "demotion".

ErinGoBraghHFC
19-01-2023, 10:47 PM
Would be interesting to see a table of penalty claims NOT given too - like St Mirren at Tynie last week, Goldson's handballs etc - as well as other decisions, like red cards. It's unusual for a ref to give a clearly wrong decision, but the "borderline" ones - like Lundstram's red against us, if you try to view it neutrally, you can see why he gave it at the time, as it looked really bad, but you can also see why it was over-turned on appeal, as it was more of a trip than a stamp, even if you agree or disagree with the call - when fans say they want consistency, they don't mean consistently favouring the same teams in these situations :wink:

After almost 50 years of watching Scottish football, I always thought Rangers and Celtic benefitted the most from refereeing "interpretations", followed by Hearts and Aberdeen. I've been surprised to see Celtic suffering at the hands of VAR this season - I know Killie should have had the penalty in the semi, but, on balance, I'd say Celtic have had more go against them than for them. Just how much Hearts have benefitted has also surprised me. It's almost as if the authorities are trying to make it up to them after their "demotion".

They’re not trying to make up sod all, without sounding like some conspiracy theorist… there’s no coincidence Der Hun and Der Diät Hun are the top two in tables like this. I’d wager in the table you propose they’d be bottom of that. Evens itself out though, obviously [emoji1666]

The Harp Awakes
19-01-2023, 11:22 PM

When the Rangers won the league a few years back, did they not almost go through the entire season hardly conceding a penalty and/or red card? I think they may have eventually conceded at the point the league was in the bag?

Torto7
19-01-2023, 11:29 PM
When the Rangers won the league a few years back, did they not almost go through the entire season hardly conceding a penalty and/or red card? I think they may have eventually conceded at the point the league was in the bag?

Yeah it was along those lines. It's stinking in Scotland and barely anybody mentions it(Celtic get accused of paranoia), this is the club who along with their diet pals used financial doping to win. Stevie G's team had unbelievable 'fitness' levels as well for a team full of 30 somethings. Remember the back to back extra times and how they seemed to get fresher. In a completely unrelated note Stevie G's daughter in dating the son of Daniel Kinahan's right hand man.:wink:

I'm Spartacus
20-01-2023, 12:50 PM
Someone mentioned to me that Sevco have went 28 games or so without a penalty given against them , surely this isn't true ? . Amazing if it is .

I'm sure they've gone 35 games without conceding and before that it was a run of 44 games. HUNbelieveable.

Greenbeard
20-01-2023, 12:58 PM
So if these things even out over the season we can look forward to a barrage of penalty decisions coming our way. I'll take the first of these on Sunday at 90+5 please when level at 0-0, preferably a really contentious one which takes 5 mins for VAR to award.

HarpOnHibee
20-01-2023, 01:00 PM
So if these things even out over the season we can look forward to a barrage of penalty decisions coming our way. I'll take the first of these on Sunday at 90+5 please when level at 0-0, preferably a really contentious one which takes 5 mins for VAR to award.

It'll be a blatantly obvious one and the ref will simply wave away VAR.

Shrekko
20-01-2023, 01:16 PM

It's now past 38 games - effectively a full season and counting.

wookie70
20-01-2023, 01:25 PM
Is it possible to bet on these tables. A sure thing rarely exists but I think this would be the closest you would get