PDA

View Full Version : Hibs memorial, flags and scarves etc in Queens Park

lyonhibs
19-01-2023, 05:22 PM
On one of the trees a wee bit past and opposite the pond there is bunches of flowers, a Hibs flag and scarves tied round a tree. Seems to have popped up in the last few days.

I guess it's for a loved one, but tied to a tree in the middle of the park seems like an odd location. Anyone know anything about it?

Bridge hibs
19-01-2023, 05:26 PM
On one of the trees a wee bit past and opposite the pond there is bunches of flowers, a Hibs flag and scarves tied round a tree. Seems to have popped up in the last few days.

I guess it's for a loved one, but tied to a tree in the middle of the park seems like an odd location. Anyone know anything about it?
Think there was recently a passing of a friend of a couple of folk on here, a hibs fan sadly

There are also a lot of scarves and flags in Gilmerton just up from the Miners club for the young hibs fan who took his own life

Itsnoteasy
19-01-2023, 11:45 PM

It was for one of my best friends Robert Corner who sadly took his own life 27 Dec.

R. I . P My Bonnie Laddie

JimBHibees
20-01-2023, 05:39 AM
It was for one of my best friends Robert Corner who sadly took his own life 27 Dec.

Sorry to hear that. RIP

lyonhibs
20-01-2023, 07:56 AM

Ah ****. Really sorry to hear that

Keith_M
20-01-2023, 10:02 AM

Sorry to hear that, mate.

If it's OK, I'll drop off a wee bunch of flowers on my way past this afternoon.

Itsnoteasy
20-01-2023, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear that, mate.

If it's OK, I'll drop off a wee bunch of flowers on my way past this afternoon.

That is very thoughtful of you.

Keith_M
20-01-2023, 06:08 PM
That is very thoughtful of you.

:aok:

We're all the Hibs family, got to stick together.

He's here!
21-01-2023, 10:12 AM
Are we talking Queen's Park in Glasgow?

Scouse Hibee
21-01-2023, 10:20 AM
Are we talking Queen's Park in Glasgow?

No, Edinburgh.

He's here!
21-01-2023, 11:06 AM
No, Edinburgh.

Ah, OK cheers. Staying on Glasgow's south side this weekend so might have taken a wander by had it been there. Used to be quite a big Glasgow/West of Scotland Hibs supporters branch IIRC.

The Harp
21-01-2023, 11:35 AM

Sorry to hear about your friend. Through the park is one of my fav walks, so will look out for it.
I always refer to the park as Holy Rood (or Holyrood) Park. Now that Charlie is the monarch, the royal title will have changed to King's Park.