PDA

View Full Version : Death in Hospitality today - thoughts go out to friends and family.

BlackSheep
14-01-2023, 06:21 PM
Such a tragic day for one fan and his family and friends today.

Prematch The Pioneers suite was evacuated to allow medical staff and paramedics attend a fan who had collapsed from a suspected heart attack. The gent had fallen backwards and hit his head on the table behind.

Unfortunately the news on his condition is not good, and that he passed away.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends, especially his son who witnessed the tragedy. Also to all who witnessed this while in the suite today as well.

Mikey_1875
14-01-2023, 06:23 PM
That’s absolutely awful. Condolences to the friends and family.

CyberSauzee
14-01-2023, 06:25 PM
That puts things into perspective. Thoughts go out to friends and family.

hibee_girl
14-01-2023, 06:29 PM
That’s awful. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

HH81
14-01-2023, 06:31 PM
That's a shocker. Sad news for his friends and family.

Trinity Hibee
14-01-2023, 06:32 PM
Horrific. Thoughts with the family and friends.

darwenhibby
14-01-2023, 06:32 PM
Terrible news
Condolences to his family

Mcbizz1998
14-01-2023, 06:43 PM
Terrible news. So sorry to hear, my sincere condolences.

Billy Whizz
14-01-2023, 06:47 PM
I saw the ambulance outside the side of the West stand just before 2pm
My heart goes out to the family, such a tragic situation

Diclonius
14-01-2023, 06:49 PM
Sorry to hear this.

Rattler
14-01-2023, 07:00 PM
I got a text about an hour ago to say that someone that I used to work beside had tragically passed away at hospitality today. I thought I’d leave it as I couldn’t see anything to confirm.

Don’t want to mention any names, but I knew him as Stan. I appreciate that’s a nickname, but those who knew him from his place of work would call him the same.

RIP Stan

GloryGlory
14-01-2023, 07:14 PM
Such a tragic day for one fan and his family and friends today.

Prematch The Pioneers suite was evacuated to allow medical staff and paramedics attend a fan who had collapsed from a suspected heart attack. The gent had fallen backwards and hit his head on the table behind.

Unfortunately the news on his condition is not good, and that he passed away.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends, especially his son who witnessed the tragedy. Also to all who witnessed this while in the suite today as well.

That's terrible news. My thoughts go to his family and friends.

RIP.

HendoDelivered
14-01-2023, 07:14 PM
That is awful. RIP 💚

CMac1988
14-01-2023, 07:16 PM
I got a text about an hour ago to say that someone that I used to work beside had tragically passed away at hospitality today. I thought I’d leave it as I couldn’t see anything to confirm.

Don’t want to mention any names, but I knew him as Stan. I appreciate that’s a nickname, but those who knew him from his place of work would call him the same.

RIP Stan

Sorry to hear that. Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

RiP.

Aldo
14-01-2023, 07:36 PM

RIP Stan

If it’s who I think it is, I knew him and worked with him in the late 90’s early 2000’s.

True gent

Thoughts with the family!

RIP Stan

MWHIBBIES
14-01-2023, 07:38 PM
Absolutely horrible news. RIP.

Auckland Hibs
14-01-2023, 07:56 PM
Terrible news - RIP

14-01-2023, 08:00 PM
Awful news, thoughts go out to all the persons friends and family.

RIP

O'Rourke3
14-01-2023, 08:25 PM
That's awful. Condolences to the family.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
14-01-2023, 08:28 PM
Terribly sad news to hear about. Condolences to his family.

PaulSmith
15-01-2023, 06:26 AM
Very sad and at 61 it’s no age at all.

flash
15-01-2023, 07:11 AM
This is so sad to hear.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends at such a difficult time.

Jamesie
15-01-2023, 08:45 AM
Condolences to all of the family and 61 is no age at all.

gbhibby
15-01-2023, 08:57 AM

RIP Stan
RIP Stan. Knew a guy in the early 80s known as Stan which was his knickname and the same age as me,condolences to all his family.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2023, 09:26 AM
The phrase 'it puts football into perspective' is a well worn cliche. There are also times when it's perfectly apt and this is one of them. We are moaning away about the performance yesterday and someone's family and friends are having to face up to the fact that someone they loved went out to the football and didn't come home. That's tragic.

RIP Stan. My prayers are with him and his family and friends.

Bostonhibby
15-01-2023, 09:31 AM
That's real sad news, so sorry for the man and his friends and family.

RIP.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

PHeffernan
15-01-2023, 07:23 PM
RIP Stan
Absolutely gutted to learn of your passing.
You truly were a good and gentle man.
Everyone that knew you will mourn your loss.

Bristolhibby
15-01-2023, 09:05 PM
RIP. Such a sudden and tragic way to go. And at 61. Jesus.

Condolences to his friends and family.

J

I'm Spartacus
16-01-2023, 09:34 AM
Terribly sad news :( RIP.

These bits of news do make you gulp.

FilipinoHibs
16-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Terrible news. I am still recovering from the suicide of Hibs fan I knew. These deaths put everything into perspective.

truehibernian
16-01-2023, 05:03 PM
Friends and ex colleagues are devastated at this awful news. A more humble, kind, gentle and honest man you couldn’t meet. My thoughts and those who knew him are with the family and friends of ‘Stan’. A real community man whose humility was matched by his kindness towards others throughout his career.

RIP big fella.

Wheat Hound
16-01-2023, 05:08 PM
Friends and ex colleagues are devastated at this awful news. A more humble, kind, gentle and honest man you couldn’t meet. My thoughts and those who knew him are with the family and friends of ‘Stan’. A real community man whose humility was matched by his kindness towards others throughout his career.

RIP big fella.

Great post and couldn't agree more.

A lovely man and I am truly gutted with the news.

PHeffernan
18-01-2023, 03:14 PM

RIP big fella.

You've made me greet again.
Stan was as you say the best of folk in every way.

Power
19-01-2023, 12:01 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/minutes-applause-planned-for-iain-matthews

On Sunday there will be a minute’s applause for Hibernian FC supporter Iain Matthews.

Everyone at Hibernian FC was devastated last weekend following the passing of Iain, aged 61, ahead of the Club’s cinch Premiership match against Dundee United.

As a mark of respect to his family, Hibernian FC would urge all supporters to join the Club in a minute’s applause on 61 minutes at Sunday’s Scottish Cup tie against Hearts at Easter Road.

As we remember Iain – a true Hibee – his son, Daniel, will join members of the Club’s Board in the Director’s Box on Sunday.

Beloved father, brother and uncle and lifelong Hibee. Gone but never forgotten.

RIP Iain Matthews.

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2023, 01:35 PM
Was out for lunch with two friends and ex colleagues of Stan yesterday. They spoke fondly of him and of how well respected he was by all he dealt with. So sad. RIP fellow Hibee.

truehibernian
19-01-2023, 05:59 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/minutes-applause-planned-for-iain-matthews

On Sunday there will be a minute’s applause for Hibernian FC supporter Iain Matthews.

Everyone at Hibernian FC was devastated last weekend following the passing of Iain, aged 61, ahead of the Club’s cinch Premiership match against Dundee United.

As a mark of respect to his family, Hibernian FC would urge all supporters to join the Club in a minute’s applause on 61 minutes at Sunday’s Scottish Cup tie against Hearts at Easter Road.

As we remember Iain – a true Hibee – his son, Daniel, will join members of the Club’s Board in the Director’s Box on Sunday.

RIP Iain Matthews.

That’s a very touching tribute and very kind gesture by the Club KP.

Funeral will be tinged with great sadness, emotion, but a fair few ‘war stories’ and funny tales from a long career where he made friends across all divides. Here’s hoping we can also talk about a cup win for his beloved Hibees.

A good many Jambos that knew him are shocked and will undoubtedly appreciate (and participate in) this gesture too.

I'm Spartacus
22-01-2023, 06:22 PM

RIP Iain Matthews.

Truly touching moment today :( Well done to all and RIP Iain.

truehibernian
22-01-2023, 06:27 PM
Truly touching moment today :( Well done to all and RIP Iain.

Hearts fans were excellent too has to be said 👍well done to the Jambos who respected it and indeed contributed too 👍

I'm Spartacus
22-01-2023, 06:45 PM
Hearts fans were excellent too has to be said 👍well done to the Jambos who respected it and indeed contributed too 👍

Agreed, full stadium standing, definitely a lump in the throat moment.

Pretty Boy
22-01-2023, 06:47 PM
Classy gesture from the Hearts fans with the green and maroon RIP banner. Credit where it is due.