PDA

View Full Version : Johnson Out

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2023, 04:03 PM
It’s time.

Recruitment is only part of the problem here.

Wee Brent couldn’t get a tune out of a full orchestra.

Bring in someone a bit more hardline than that cliche spouting wideboy. Enough is enough.

Hibs90
14-01-2023, 04:04 PM
Full agreement here.

He is just as culpable as the rest of them.

Torto7
14-01-2023, 04:05 PM
It’s time.

Recruitment is only part of the problem here.

Wee Brent couldn’t get a tune out of a full orchestra.

Bring in someone a bit more hardline than that cliche spouting wideboy. Enough is enough.

:top marks

LunasBoots
14-01-2023, 04:07 PM
Unless he and the club are bringing players in to fix the problems in the next few days then he can go otherwise, defenders in midfield, midfielders in defence...
No thanks

hhibs
14-01-2023, 04:08 PM
He is clueless,get him to falkari !

SteveHFC
14-01-2023, 04:09 PM
Bye 👋

chippy
14-01-2023, 04:10 PM
Unless he and the club are bringing players in to fix the problems in the next few days then he can go otherwise, defenders in midfield, midfielders in defence...
No thanks
Do we want him signing players though? McKirdy his pick and some others

Iain G
14-01-2023, 04:10 PM
Johnson out, get your Johnson out!

Callum_62
14-01-2023, 04:11 PM
Unbeaten in 2 in the league

That's improvement isn't it?

4 points from 6

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2023, 04:11 PM
Do we want him signing players though? McKirdy his pick and some others

That wee punk strutting about laughing when we are 2v1 down. Get a proper ****ing haircut young man, get your head down and start performing like a professional footballer.

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2023, 04:12 PM
Come on lads, we are only 4 points behind Livi and 8 behind the gimps, it's all to play for.

RIP
Pishing the breeks again!

Pedantic_Hibee
Come on lads, we are only 4 points behind Livi and 8 behind the gimps, it's all to play for.

I hope you typed that whilst grinning cheekily 😂😂

SChibs
14-01-2023, 04:13 PM
That wee punk strutting about laughing when we are 2v1 down. Get a proper ****ing haircut young man, get your head down and start performing like a professional footballer.

What's someone's haircut ever had anything to do with their ability to play football?

jeffers
14-01-2023, 04:13 PM
C’mon now. None of this is his fault. Needs at least 3 transfer windows to get in his own players and ideas across. We can’t keep sacking managers.

GreenGray
14-01-2023, 04:14 PM

4 points from 6

Deary me, look who we were playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2023, 04:14 PM
What's someone's haircut ever had anything to do with their ability to play football?

I spend more time looking at that ****-show on his head than I do watching him with the ball at his feet.

bringbackbenny
14-01-2023, 04:15 PM

Yup, the panty wetting is strong lol

LunasBoots
14-01-2023, 04:15 PM

Need to be able to beat teams above us, been not much sign of that all season

neil7908
14-01-2023, 04:16 PM
He was done after the derby.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2023, 04:16 PM
Yup, the panty wetting is strong lol

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But watching that poncey wordsworth talking about football IQ when he’s playing defenders in midfield and midfielders in defence makes me want to glass myself clean in the puss.

HendoDelivered
14-01-2023, 04:17 PM
He’ll get the derby next week IMO. Lose that and I think it’s Ta-Ta!

PaulSmith
14-01-2023, 04:18 PM
The line up today was indefensible.

One Day Soon

4 points from 6

Yeah, no.

The Captain....
I don't think I can remember a manager who talks so much embarrassing *****. We are a total laughing stock thanks to him and Ron & Son.

We got a point despite him today. Nisbet is keeping him in a job with individual brilliance.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

NC1875
14-01-2023, 04:19 PM
Defenders in midfield
Midfielders in defence
Throwing striker after striker on chasing a game as usual.

He is a clueless idiot. Get rid

Callum_62
Deary me, look who we were playing

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI think most would've taken 4/6 considering the run we were on

Dundee utd have also improved quite a bit recently

5 goals scored and 4 conceded in 2 games - that's entertainment!

None of this dull 1-0 J Ross borefests!

Iain G

Will Johnson get the Bobbit treatment?

Johnny_Leith
14-01-2023, 04:20 PM
Dead man walking. The season, performances and results have led us to a point where, barring a miracle run of form where we knock out Hearts and win 3/4 on the bounce, it's only a matter of time until he gets the sack. It feels like the fans have turned against him.

I feel for him, the squad isn't anywhere near good enough and the hierarchy at the club seems to not have a clue. Is he a good manager, who knows really, I doubt any manager could get these guys concentrated and organised for 90 minutes.

neil7908
14-01-2023, 04:20 PM

Were you at the game today? Were you happy with the performance?

Unseen work
14-01-2023, 04:21 PM
Don’t think we can sack him right now.

Since coming back we’ve lost to the top 3 teams in the league and then beat Livi convincingly 4-0, beat Motherwell 3-2 and now drew to United who are actually a decent side and improved massively.

We’re so far behind the top 3 that we need to take points off those around us and he’s done that.

It’s not good though, nowhere near it.

We need players in immediately

Mitchell not in the squad today so I imagine he’s leaving imminently

Hibernia&Alba
14-01-2023, 04:22 PM

Correct. We snatched a point at the death, but I have lost faith in the manager to get it right going forward. I felt the same after we won our previous game, too. It feels like it's just a matter time now. I think the derby fiasco finished me.

Pedantic_Hibee
If Mitchell’s got room in his car he can take a few others with him. Another shyster not fit to wear the shirt. Literally.

tamig

4 points from 6

A bizarre thread.

GreenGray
14-01-2023, 04:23 PM
I think most would've taken 4/6 considering the run we were on

Dundee utd have also improved quite a bit recently

5 goals scored and 4 conceded in 2 games - that's entertainment!

None of this dull 1-0 J Ross borefests!

You’re commitment to defending him is commendable. But no I think most wouldn’t have taken 4/6 against two of the bottom three but if that’s what we were hoping for then that shows where we are under Johnson.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2023, 04:23 PM
A bizarre thread.

Did you watch the game?

Vault Boy
14-01-2023, 04:24 PM
Sick of the sight of him. Oot.

Leith Green
Best centre half playing midfield.. Centre halves at right back , centre midfielders at right back .. enough is enough, he has to go

Vault Boy
A bizarre thread.

We’ve played more than 2 league games, so it really isn’t.

MagicSwirlingShip
14-01-2023, 04:25 PM
He’s proven he’s just not a very good manager.

I’d say 95% of games he has to chance tactics as he got the setup wrong. Think he’s smarter than he is.

Time to go.

Leith Green
14-01-2023, 04:25 PM

Was absolutely bonkers

Callum_62
14-01-2023, 04:26 PM
You’re commitment to defending him is commendable. But no I think most wouldn’t have taken 4/6 against two of the bottom three but if that’s what we were hoping for then that shows where we are under Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'm not sure he's the right man or not but I can't see us sacking him when we are unbeaten in 2 must not lose games

Today's game was always gonna be a tough one after utd have improved dramatically

4/6 points is a pass and I'd be very surprised if we sack him after that

Iain G
Sick of the sight of him. Oot.

Maybe don't look at him?

GreenGray
He thinks he’s better than he is, get him out and let Gray lead the team for the derby, we might actually have a chance that way.

loanheadhibby
14-01-2023, 04:27 PM

Fair point but do you seeing LJ turning things around given time?

GreenGray
I'm not sure he's the right man or not but I can't see us sacking him when we are unbeaten in 2 must not lose games

Today's game was always gonna be a tough one after utd have improved dramatically

We’ll get pumped next week if we play like we did today. No ideas, no game plan. Murder.

AL-Qaholik
That line up was tantamount to a resignation letter.
I hope.

Vault Boy
Maybe don't look at him?

I’ll certainly do that when he’s back managing in the EFL.

tamig
Did you watch the game?

I was there aye. After that there’s no way I’d have been starting a pathetic thread like this. Utterly pathetic attention seeking pish. Having a go at McKirdy’s haircut. Get a grip man ffs.

One Day Soon
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But watching that poncey wordsworth talking about football IQ when he’s playing defenders in midfield and midfielders in defence makes me want to glass myself clean in the puss.

C'mon now PH, we're all feeling very confident about our chances in the cup and the prospects of qualifying for Europe. The team is a on a great run, playing a cracking brand of football and our squad is rippling with talented players fiercely competing for first team places. Our defence is watertight, we're going to hold on to our best player and sign more first team starters in this window.

*pauses to draw on crack pipe*

It's a sell out crowd every home match, the owner and manager have the fans right behind the team, Easter Road is a fortress, the club is expecting record season ticket sales next season, all the right players are locked into long term contracts and we have our city rivals strongly under the thumb.

*calls dealer, lights giant spliff, downs 12th absinthe of the day, sees Ron Gordon shaped floating green and white pandas in the air, starts feeling first intimations of serious munchies onset*

We have the bigliest tv screens, bestest recruitment set up....

Colr
I don’t see the point in churning managers. Improvement will take a while. Just going to have to live with it. We’re not the kind of club to be able to buy success. We just have to develop to get it.

Its frustrating but there we are.

Iain G
I’ll certainly do that when he’s back managing in the EFL.

Could we swap him for Hecky?

silverhibee
14-01-2023, 04:28 PM
Plain & simple, he need’s relieved of his duties pronto.

We are not improving under him and his football IQ is pish.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2023, 04:30 PM
I was there aye. After that there’s no way I’d have been starting a pathetic thread like this. Utterly pathetic attention seeking pish. Having a go at McKirdy’s haircut. Get a grip man ffs.

I’m looking at the bigger picture here. Not just today.

I’m having a go at McKirdy for grinning when we’re 2v1 down. He’s not had much of a chance to show what he can do, but in the time
he has had, he’s done ****all. He’s emblematic of the majority of the squad. I can’t think of a more unlikeable Hibs in my 40 years on this planet.

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2023, 04:31 PM
Best centre half playing midfield.. Centre halves at right back , centre midfielders at right back .. enough is enough, he has to go

Thats it for me too, complicates an easy game too many times.

Plus he's an ex gimp, get him tae ****

hibbydog
C'mon now PH, we're all feeling very confident about our chances in the cup and the prospects of qualifying for Europe. The team is a on a great run, playing a cracking brand of football and our squad is rippling with talented players fiercely competing for first team places. Our defence is watertight, we're going to hold on to our best player and sign more first team starters in this window.

*pauses to draw on crack pipe*

It's a sell out crowd every home match, the owner and manager have the fans right behind the team, Easter Road is a fortress, the club is expecting record season ticket sales next season, all the right players are locked into long term contracts and we have our city rivals strongly under the thumb.

*calls dealer, lights giant spliff, downs 12th absinthe of the day, sees Ron Gordon shaped floating green and white pandas in the air, starts feeling first intimations of serious munchies onset*

We have the bigliest tv screens, bestest recruitment set up....

There’s nae need for humour. This is Hibs.net remember 😂

One Day Soon
I'm not sure he's the right man or not but I can't see us sacking him when we are unbeaten in 2 must not lose games

'unbeaten in 2'

:faf:

No really, we need to learn to stay in our 5hitty lane.

Callum_62
14-01-2023, 04:33 PM
'unbeaten in 2'

:faf:

No really, we need to learn to stay in our 5hitty lane.

Did we lose in the last 2?

I thought we won 3-2 and drew 2-2?

Golden Bear
14-01-2023, 04:33 PM
It's one of these "I heard that" stories but apparently if Johnson doesn't secure a top 6 finish then there is a clause in his contract which allows the Club to dismiss him without compensation.

One Day Soon
14-01-2023, 04:34 PM
I don’t see the point in churning managers. Improvement will take a while. Just going to have to live with it. We’re not the kind of club to be able to buy success. We just have to develop to get it.

Its frustrating but there we are.

We've turned that into an art form by attempting to become the kind of club that buys failure, which is innovative to say the least.

Since452
14-01-2023, 04:35 PM
That late goal papered over the cracks a bit. Even still, a draw at home against Dundee United isn't good enough. I'm torn between accepting the manager needs time and being pissed off at performances like that. I've been a supporter of LJ from the start but right now I wouldn't be arsed if he stays or goes. I'll probably think differently in the cold light of day but that was ***** today.

tamig
14-01-2023, 04:35 PM

I’m having a go at McKirdy for grinning when we’re 2v1 down. He’s not had much of a chance to show what he can do, but in the time
he has had, he’s done ****all. He’s emblematic of the majority of the squad. I can’t think of a more unlikeable Hibs in my 40 years on this planet.

McKirdy made a decent contribution when he came on today. Josh Campbell did well wide right - was that one of your digs about a midfielder playing in defence? Despite McKirdy’s on the ball performance his card is marked by you because he dared to grin? Not sure what you mean by a more unlikeable Hibs. I’ve seen plenty more Hibs teams in the past 40 years that were more unlikeable to watch than the current team.

One Day Soon
14-01-2023, 04:36 PM

You're right, everything is super. Don't know what we're all complaining about really.

Zambernardi1875
14-01-2023, 04:37 PM
It's one of these "I heard that" stories but apparently if Johnson doesn't secure a top 6 finish then there is a clause in his contract which allows the Club to dismiss him without compensation.

That’s a great clause to put in a Hibs managers contract

GreenGray
14-01-2023, 04:37 PM
You're right, everything is super. Don't know what we're all complaining about really.

Yes, we’re unbeaten in 2! Ignore the fact we drew 1 and they were against 2 of the bottom 3!

Jim44
14-01-2023, 04:38 PM

That’s another week he’ll get, for what? We have no chance of getting something out of that game. He should have been offski weeks ago when it was clear he hasn’t a clue. Ooh, matron where are the incontinence pants. :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
14-01-2023, 04:38 PM
Usual trolls all over this thread.

I doubt there's anything that could happen this season that will stop them. It's tiresome.

keep the faith
14-01-2023, 04:40 PM
Thats it for me too, complicates an easy game too many times.

Plus he's an ex gimp, get him tae ****

Classy

GreenGray
14-01-2023, 04:40 PM

I doubt there's anything that could happen this season that will stop them. It's tiresome.

Define the world “trolls” please.

TheCabbage
14-01-2023, 04:41 PM
Without Nisbet where would be be?
Keeping him in a job

Yorkshire HFC
14-01-2023, 04:42 PM
Full agreement here.

He is just as culpable as the rest of them.

The only person who's opinion matters on this is the owner - I hope he has a long term plan with LJ. And I hope it works for Hibs.

Stokesy's on fire
I think people are forgetting Ron Gordon's involvement in this. It's heat of the moment stuff blaming LJ.

Callum_62
You're right, everything is super. Don't know what we're all complaining about really.Yeah that's what I said about everything being super

Fact is we have stopped the shocking run of losses we were on, which was imperative to stop us getting dragged right into a relegation battle (which I don't think we are fully away from yet)

I can't see us sacking a manager who has 4/6 points after sticking by him after a really poor run

We deserved a draw today, I know folk are gagging to pile on about how ***** we are (and we are far from great) but we easily deserved to draw the game as utd done nothing but time waste the whole 2nd half

Infact I think there best effort at goal in tye 2nd period came from our own centre half

Torto7062
14-01-2023, 04:43 PM

100% agree 👍

One Day Soon
14-01-2023, 04:44 PM
I think people are forgetting Ron Gordon's involvement in this. It's heat of the moment stuff blaming LJ.

You do realise it's possible to blame more than one person at the same time?

Ta, ta Johnson, the sommelier, Kensall and most of the squad.

tamig
14-01-2023, 04:44 PM
Without Nisbet where would be be?
Keeping him in a job

What a daft comment. If Nisbet had been available all season who knows where we’d have been? Works both ways.

Hibernia&Alba
14-01-2023, 04:46 PM

That's unfair. There is no denying that a good proportion of the support has lost faith in Johnson. Of course, many fans still support the manager, as is their right, but it isn't trolling to say his time is up. It's hardly a fringe opinion.

Iain G
14-01-2023, 04:46 PM
Define the world “trolls” please.

People who are miserable for miserables sake

Callum_62
14-01-2023, 04:47 PM
That's unfair. There is no denying that a good proportion of the support has lost faith in Johnson. Of course, many fans still support the manager, as is their right, but it isn't trolling to say his time is up. It's hardly a fringe opinion.I'm not 100 percent sure but I think that poster is on the Johnson out side

If so, his trolls will be anyone that doesn't scream shiiiite!

ScottB
14-01-2023, 04:47 PM
Given we’re hiring a Director of Football, I imagine Johnson will be around till then, allowing the DoF to bring in his own man.

raeburnhibs
14-01-2023, 04:49 PM
McKirdy made a decent contribution when he came on today. Josh Campbell did well wide right - was that one of your digs about a midfielder playing in defence? Despite McKirdy’s on the ball performance his card is marked by you because he dared to grin? Not sure what you mean by a more unlikeable Hibs. I’ve seen plenty more Hibs teams in the past 40 years that were more unlikeable to watch than the current team.

It is indefensible playing Campbell in defence; he is a much better midfielder and was involved in the equaliser as a midfielder about a minute after the boos started when he made a mistake as a RB. The manager gave DU the initiative with that team and invited them to attack us

tamig
14-01-2023, 04:49 PM
Given we’re hiring a Director of Football, I imagine Johnson will be around till then, allowing the DoF to bring in his own man.

Or working closely with him to take the club forward.

GreenGray
14-01-2023, 04:50 PM

Thing is can we afford to take that risk?

TheCabbage
14-01-2023, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=tamig;7231086]What a daft comment. If Nisbet had been available all season who knows where we’d have been? Works both ways.[/QUOTE

So am daft for voicing an opinion?
Nisbet is papering over the crack for sure.

One Day Soon
14-01-2023, 04:52 PM
Yeah that's what I said about everything being super

Fact is we have stopped the shocking run of losses we were on, which was imperative to stop us getting dragged right into a relegation battle (which I don't think we are fully away from yet)

I can't see us sacking a manager who has 4/6 points after sticking by him after a really poor run

We deserved a draw today, I know folk are gagging to pile on about how ***** we are (and we are far from great) but we easily deserved to draw the game as utd done nothing but time waste the whole 2nd half

Infact I think there best effort at goal in tye 2nd period came from our own centre half

We are utterly pi5h. We are showing no signs of improvement. The manager appears to pick the team using a tombola. The owners seem to think there's no urgent need for new signings. The players are largely phoning in their performances. A man who was party to a large chunk of signings and who talked about how we would see his style after the first tranche of games has signally failed to have us playing the high paced and high press game that he said this squad was capable of. We are going absolutely nowhere in a hurry with this manager, squad and executive team.

tamig
14-01-2023, 04:53 PM
It is indefensible playing Campbell in defence; he is a much better midfielder and was involved in the equaliser as a midfielder about a minute after the boos started when he made a mistake as a RB. The manager gave DU the initiative with that team and invited them to attack us

LJ changed the shape of the team several times today - which was good to see. As you’ve highlighted, Campbell never played the full game at right back. He’s a versatile boy and I don’t think Fish looks great there, Miller is on the way back, Megwa still untried. So who else at right back?

Callum_62
14-01-2023, 04:53 PM
We are utterly pi5h. We are showing no signs of improvement. The manager appears to pick the team using a tombola. The owners seem to think there's no urgent need for new signings. The players are largely phoning in their performances. A man who was party to a large chunk of signings and who talked about how we would see his style after the first tranche of games has signally failed to have us playing the high paced and high press game that he said this squad was capable of. We are going absolutely nowhere in a hurry with this manager, squad and executive team.I'd still be very surprised if the club chose to sack him after our very short uptick in points

tamig
14-01-2023, 04:54 PM
Thing is can we afford to take that risk?

What risk?

Bridge hibs
14-01-2023, 04:54 PM

Hibs player grins during game ! Ive read some utter desperate tosh in the years as a hibs fan but that tops the lot 🤣

GreenGray
14-01-2023, 04:55 PM
What risk?

Going into that game with this manager?

Iain G
14-01-2023, 04:55 PM
What risk?

Frostbite, it's cold outside and we should not expose our Johnson right now

Heisenberg
14-01-2023, 04:58 PM
He’s finished i think. No chance we beat Hearts next weekend playing like that.

One Day Soon
14-01-2023, 05:00 PM
I'd still be very surprised if the club chose to sack him after our very short uptick in points

I think it's transparently obvious that their tactic at this point is to take the path of least expenditure. In terms of investing any further to save this season they have already written that option off. It is a spectacularly short-sighted judgment which will see us even further away from competing seriously for either 3rd or 4th in the coming seasons as we help to usher Hearts and Aberdeen toward lucrative European money.

They don't trust their manager, they can't trust their own internal recruitment process and they don't know what to do to rectify things in this window or this season in the absence of spending money. Their strategy is therefore to sit tight and hope something, somehow, turns up.

We are going to continue to put in terrible performances, fail to develop the team/squad and yo-yo between awful and barely adequate results for the remainder of this season.

tamig
14-01-2023, 05:00 PM
So am daft for voicing an opinion?
Nisbet is papering over the crack for sure.

You’re using it as an excuse to suit your position. We’ve been creating chances in most of our games this season. Even on the bad run. Crying out for a finisher. Now Nisbet is getting on the end of these chances. That to me is hardly papering over the cracks. If Nisbet had been available since the start of the season, been banging them in and we’d been a few more points better off in the top four, would you still have been saying he was keeping LJ in a job?

I_Love_Latapy
14-01-2023, 05:01 PM

Absolutely this. LJ got tactics & defence wrong. Outnumbered & missed Cambell in midfield. Was better when we went to 3 at back.

neil7908
14-01-2023, 05:03 PM
Can't wait till we get another doing against Hearts. I'm sure all the happy clappers will be out calling everyone else bed wetters.

loanheadhibby
14-01-2023, 05:04 PM
You’re using it as an excuse to suit your position. We’ve been creating chances in most of our games this season. Even on the bad run. Crying out for a finisher. Now Nisbet is getting on the end of these chances. That to me is hardly papering over the cracks. If Nisbet had been available since the start of the season, been banging them in and we’d been a few more points better off in the top four, would you still have been saying he was keeping LJ in a job?
Nisbet is most certainly pampering over the cracks.
I admire you're positive slant on things but find it hard to see us progressing under LJ.
Big outsiders next week but you never know.

Iain G
Can't wait till we get another doing against Hearts. I'm sure all the happy clappers will be out calling everyone else bed wetters.

You know we could beat them!

eastmainsmsh
If he Goes it’s just new manager with same ****show ex Prem Manager in charge of development does he have a say in signings

Willis1875
Don’t understand what he’s trying to do,McGeady and Youan done their best work at Fir Park on the left and right respectively yet start today on opposite sides.
Chops and changes every week if he’s going to turn to McKirdy or Melkersen to salvage something.

Ryan91
Yes, let's sack yet another manager after 6 months in charge.

Lack of stability at manager is a sure fire way to see us relegated.

LunasBoots
14-01-2023, 05:05 PM

Well it'll take something for Johnson to win his first big game

Iain G
14-01-2023, 05:07 PM
Well it'll take something for Johnson to win his first big game

More goals than them? 🤣

Nizzy's on fire!!

Keep the faith

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2023, 05:08 PM
Hibs player grins during game ! Ive read some utter desperate tosh in the years as a hibs fan but that tops the lot 🤣

Unless he was laughing at how bad we are in which case he has my full support 🙃

GreenCastle
14-01-2023, 05:10 PM
That last minute equaliser has saved him from some serious criticism.

It’s not great to watch and the goals we concede are so soft at times.

The worrying thing is lack of depth to this squad and worryingly lose Ryan and back line gets even worse.

basehibby
NO - board need to show some nerve and not piss their pants at 1st sign of pressure. I remember the bed wetter protesting about Fenlon and he walked. We got Butcher and we all know how that worked out.
Support Johnson this window and let's see if we can push on. No more f-in perpetual transitions!

MGmick
Frostbite, it's cold outside and we should not expose our Johnson right now

Third time lucky?

Nah!

Big_Franck
14-01-2023, 05:11 PM
I think it's transparently obvious that their tactic at this point is to take the path of least expenditure. In terms of investing any further to save this season they have already written that option off. It is a spectacularly short-sighted judgment which will see us even further away from competing seriously for either 3rd or 4th in the coming seasons as we help to usher Hearts and Aberdeen toward lucrative European money.

They don't trust their manager, they can't trust their own internal recruitment process and they don't know what to do to rectify things in this window or this season in the absence of spending money. Their strategy is therefore to sit tight and hope something, somehow, turns up.

We are going to continue to put in terrible performances, fail to develop the team/squad and yo-yo between awful and barely adequate results for the remainder of this season.

This, unfortunately, is a very good assessment of things as they stand. With the way our club is being run, and with the European money up for grabs over the next 2/3 years, we could see both Aberdeen and them pull away from us.

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2023, 05:11 PM
I’d be shocked if the Newcastle Aussie doesn’t score against us at least once. They are no great shakes and should be their for the taking from an average Hibs side.

Unfortunately this is a terrible one.

Waxy
14-01-2023, 05:13 PM
Remember the clamour to get Jack Ross out on here when we were in a cup final and had just finished third.
Sack the manager sack the board and sack a big percentage of opinions in this place.

Bridge hibs
14-01-2023, 05:13 PM
Unless he was laughing at how bad we are in which case he has my full support 🙃Oh come on Man, you are a good poster on here and I enjoy your posts in amongst the garbage but grinning ffs 🤣

Scotty Leither
14-01-2023, 05:15 PM

Campbell gets unfair stick. I’ve no clue what goes through the manager’s head with selections, but it strikes me he goes with players he can rely on, even to the point of playing them out of position, such as Josh and Ryan.

I’d do the same in his position, as the alternatives Ian Gordon and co have given him are *****.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-01-2023, 05:17 PM
Oh come on Man, you are a good poster on here and I enjoy your posts in amongst the garbage but grinning ffs 🤣

I think it’s safe to say I’m a bit het up this evening. I’ll calm down when I’ve ate.

chrisski33
14-01-2023, 05:17 PM
Nisbet two goals papered over an unconvincing performance and LJs set up of team was bad. Not sure LJ can survive much longer. Results and performances havent been good enough. Yes we drew and won last week but its hardly a turning point.

Bridge hibs
14-01-2023, 05:18 PM
I’d be shocked if the Newcastle Aussie doesn’t score against us at least once. They are no great shakes and should be their for the taking from an average Hibs side.

Unfortunately this is a terrible one.He is class, at least a hat trick against us, heard he should have rattled in a few against St Mirren, Im absolutely ****ting it and have given my ticket away to a jambo to let her enjoy the experience

Bridge hibs
14-01-2023, 05:19 PM
I think it’s safe to say I’m a bit het up this evening. I’ll calm down when I’ve ate.Oi wait until the transfer deadline first 🤣

GreenCastle
14-01-2023, 05:19 PM
Remember the clamour to get Jack Ross out on here when we were in a cup final and had just finished third.
Sack the manager sack the board and sack a big percentage of opinions in this place.

Jack Ross, Maloney and LJ have all under performed against teams with less resources.

It’s not a great measure and all have some serious faults including not being able to sort a midfield.

NC1875
14-01-2023, 05:21 PM
You know we could beat them!

Aye ok then. I admire your optimism. We are pish, pish squad and a clueless pish manager. That’s before we start on the owner and his laddie.

Hibernia&Alba
14-01-2023, 05:22 PM
Yes, let's sack yet another manager after 6 months in charge.

Lack of stability at manager is a sure fire way to see us relegated.

There is merit in what you say in relation to constantly sacking managers. On the other hand, do we keep Johnson now because we've sacked so many mangers in the past? Questions need asking of board, regarding why their appointments have been so poor. Our problems don't begin and end with the manager, that's true.

chippy
14-01-2023, 05:25 PM

Yep, if you’re right in your analysis and I’m thinking similarly then they are wanting out.

Ryan91
14-01-2023, 05:29 PM
There is merit in what you say in relation to constantly sacking managers. On the other hand, do we keep Johnson now because we've sacked so many mangers in the past? Questions need asking of board, regarding why their appointments have been so poor. Our problems don't begin and end with the manager, that's true.

Keep him and actually give the manager time, more than 1 season and certainly more than 6 bloody months.

RossScott1991
14-01-2023, 05:29 PM
Useless board
Useless players
Useless manager

We are in a dire state.

Whilst us fans get to continue watching Campbell and Newell as our main midfielders. Yay.

Stokesy's on fire
14-01-2023, 05:30 PM
You do realise it's possible to blame more than one person at the same time?

Ta, ta Johnson, the sommelier, Kensall and most of the squad.

I get yi but the root cause of our clubs problems comes from the top. And for what it's worth I don't think he was the correct appointment but I wouldn't trust the Gordon's to hire another manager.

GreenArmy1875
14-01-2023, 05:32 PM
Anyone noticed a lack of consistency in substitutions. The Derby Mckirdy starts then doesn't get game time at all against Motherwell. Melkersen doesn't get game time in the Derby but thrown on ahead of Mckirdy in Motherwell. Today Mckirdy on before Melkersen. Same with Fish. No game time then thrown in against Hearts. We are then needing a player to play right back against Motherwell and he doesn't get on with Campbell and even Stevenson playing right back. Today thrown in. Henderson was the same.

The recruitment worries me but the team selection and substitutions seem baffling to me.

Smartie
14-01-2023, 05:32 PM
I’ve defended him and I have a great deal of sympathy for him having to try to form a functional unit out of the guff he has available but I think he lost me this afternoon.

That was a shambles, papered over only by the efforts of a very hot striker.

Team selection, tactical choices and the forced improvisation choices he’s made are often just baffling.

I’ve also heard a few rumours from a decent source that he doesn’t exactly enjoy the trust of the senior players, players who aren’t exactly known to be troublemakers.

NC1875
14-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Has he been on talking about football IQ yet ? Oh the irony when he starts that crap.

Smartie
Anyone noticed a lack of consistency in substitutions. The Derby Mckirdy starts then doesn't get game time at all against Motherwell. Melkersen doesn't get game time in the Derby but thrown on ahead of Mckirdy in Motherwell. Today Mckirdy on before Melkersen. Same with Fish. No game time then thrown in against Hearts. We are then needing a player to play right back against Motherwell and he doesn't get on with Campbell and even Stevenson playing right back. Today thrown in. Henderson was the same.

The recruitment worries me but the team selection and substitutions seem baffling to me.

He looks to me like a gambler frantically chasing losses.

Common sense and discipline went out the window long ago and it’s just more and more desperate rolling of the dice.

Willis1875

Yep said the same to a mate at the game,He’s all over the place and doesn’t have a scooby what to do

Alfred E Newman

No doubt you will be disappointed if we win.

Svengali
14-01-2023, 05:44 PM
Does he come across as a leader? No. He’s slavers p1sh
Should we have a enough to beat the likes of Ross County, St Johnstone & Dundee Utd at home? I’d say so.
Does his team selections and subs baffle you? They baffle me.
Does he know his best team? Nope
Is he on an awful run of form? Yes

The clubs that much a shambles, the only reason we don’t want to sack him is because what went before him.

Dreading next week with David Brent Jnr in charge.

18Craig75
14-01-2023, 05:45 PM
Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s just keeping the seat warm whilst we appoint a DOF and then he can pick his own man.

Strange team selection today. No tactics or game plan as far as I could see and 11 players that looked like they had never met. Even Marshall looked clueless. A really tough watch; reluctant to give him any praise at all, but at least Maloney had a system and a plan (just a shame it was total crap to watch and ineffectual) - I can’t see any evidence of that team being coached.

Callum_62
14-01-2023, 05:46 PM
Has he been on talking about football IQ yet ? Oh the irony when he starts that crap.Yeah he has

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/Bn3Ud9D4tKM

bingo70
14-01-2023, 05:47 PM

Common sense and discipline went out the window long ago and it’s just more and more desperate rolling of the dice.

I think that’s a good analogy.

I don’t think it’s impossible he could turn it around so I’m not completely in the LJ must go camp but there is definitely a sense of inevitability about it.

Team selections are all over the place, players are being chucked here there and everywhere hoping for the best and we’re heavily reliant on one or two players rather than being a good cohesive team.

I would be quite pleased if he was sacked now, if he is going tk stay we need tk back him in the transfer market as this team could well get us relegated.

Leith Green
14-01-2023, 05:47 PM

Playing our best centre half in midfield just epitomises his level of competency.. Got to play your best players where they are most effective, or you basically weaken 2 positions in one move. How he doesn’t see that is beyond weird ..

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-01-2023, 05:50 PM
Yeah he has

Enjoy

Same old crap, file under excuses ☹💩

neil7908
14-01-2023, 05:51 PM
No doubt you will be disappointed if we win.

No,I will be delighted and admit I was wrong.

If we lose will you do the same?

Happy to put £50 to a charity of your choice on the result.

Actually, let's go further. If Hibs win I'll give £200. If they lose you give £50. Deal?

bingo70
14-01-2023, 05:54 PM
Yeah he has

Enjoy

“Will Fish not having the confidence to speak?!”! What? I can’t believe he’s just said that about a first team professional.

Other than that, not got a huge issue with what he said to be honest.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-01-2023, 05:55 PM
No,I will be delighted and admit I was wrong.

If we lose will you do the same?

Happy to put £50 to a charity of your choice on the result.

Actually, let's go further. If Hibs win I'll give £200. If they lose you give £50. Deal?

A generous offer, hopefully it will be taken up, and hopefully £200 is going to a good cause next week.

Pretty Boy
14-01-2023, 05:55 PM
He's a dead man walking.

Everything between now and his inevitable departure is noise. I'd go as far as to say the decision has already been made, it's a timing issue as much as anything now.

Scotty Leither
14-01-2023, 05:57 PM
Yeah he has

Enjoy

It's a Hibs TV interview, so it's the usual anodyne, packaged *****. I'll venture the new signing (if one appears) will be an inexperienced loanee.

MUST win this game next week, no excuses.

Since452
14-01-2023, 05:58 PM
Can't see him going anywhere to be honest. Kensell won't want another managerial failure on his record so will be sitting tight hoping a DoF changes our fortunes next season. Kensell will be thinking about his own job now and turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

Carheenlea
I left the ground with a bit of a spring in the step pleased to have salvaged a point with the late equaliser. Relief more than anything, and while it was far from a good performance I felt the point was still well deserved.

Come on here after getting home and I’m surprised the mood is one of total doom and gloom. I’m getting the feeling that Nisbet’s late strike wasn’t the most welcomed goal Hibs have ever scored.

neil7908
A generous offer, hopefully it will be taken up, and hopefully £200 is going to a good cause next week.

Agreed. Mark this post.

CallumHibs07
14-01-2023, 05:59 PM
He sounds delighted with the draw

Absolute loser

Nakedmanoncrack
14-01-2023, 06:00 PM
He's a dead man walking.

Everything between now and his inevitable departure is noise. I'd go as far as to say the decision has already been made, it's a timing issue as much as anything now.

I concur, getting rid of him now and appointing someone else before the DOF comes in, probably doesn't make much sense. So it's either dismiss now & have a caretaker (Gray?) for a likely extended period, or hang fire for now whilst still a few points clear of relegation. Suspect he'll now be here for a bit unless things get perilously bad in the league, or a particularly heavy defeat next week forces the hand.

Callum_62
14-01-2023, 06:04 PM
It's a Hibs TV interview, so it's the usual anodyne, packaged *****. I'll venture the new signing (if one appears) will be an inexperienced loanee.

MUST win this game next week, no excuses.https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1614321775743205378?t=GvZyEnpjgptpkiB2dSly1A&s=19

Callum_62
14-01-2023, 06:05 PM
He sounds delighted with the draw

Absolute loserYou must not have listed to his interviews

He said they were proud they kept going until the last but the players are in there disappointed with the result, not celebrating the last minute goal

H18 SFR
I concur, getting rid of him now and appointing someone else before the DOF comes in, probably doesn't make much sense. So it's either dismiss now & have a caretaker (Gray?) for a likely extended period, or hang fire for now whilst still a few points clear of relegation. Suspect he'll now be here for a bit unless things get perilously bad in the league, or a particularly heavy defeat next week forces the hand.

Anyone on the coaching staff but David Gray, literally anyone!!

Mikey_1875
He is hampering what limited ability this squad has. Unable or unwilling to bring any youth through and a whole host of poor transfer signings (which he has claimed responsibility for).

Starting line ups costing us goals and no sign of any style or system. Has to go.

j'adorehibs
14-01-2023, 06:06 PM
im not sure who could get a tune out of our defence and midfield ....we seriously need a whole new back 3 or 4 and at least 2 other midfielders

if we dont replace porto if he leaves with a decent centre half and dont replace the campbells, newells, stevensons, hanlons, JDH then we will continue to have performances like we see today

its all fair and well getting rid of kenneh, mitchell, dabrowski etc, the squad is too big but the main problem is the starting 11 is poor.

i couldn't be happier with up top especially when boyle is back and if we keep kylo and secure nisbet for 2 more seasons...we need starting defenders and midfielders to improve

Jones28
14-01-2023, 06:08 PM
He's a dead man walking.

Pretty much this, the next defeat - in all likelihood in the cup - and I think the board will have little choice.

Which is a shame, and I think we need stability but I just can’t see him being the long term solution. His selections since the Celtic game have been bizarre and the fact that the Hibernian Team Selector Tombola is being pulled out in ****ing January says a lot.

bingo70
14-01-2023, 06:10 PM
im not sure who could get a tune out of our defence and midfield ....we seriously need a whole new back 3 or 4 and at least 2 other midfielders

if we dont replace porto if he leaves with a decent centre half and dont replace the campbells, newells, stevensons, hanlons, JDH then we will continue to have performances like we see today

its all fair and well getting rid of kenneh, mitchell, dabrowski etc, the squad is too big but the main problem is the starting 11 is poor.

i couldn't be happier with up top especially when boyle is back and if we keep kylo and secure nisbet for 2 more seasons...we need starting defenders and midfielders to improve

With regards to your first line, he played our best defender in midfield and a midfielder at right back despite having two right backs on the bench.

In terms of getting a tune out of our defence I would suggest that’s a decent starting point to look at.

B.H.F.C
14-01-2023, 06:15 PM
He is hampering what limited ability this squad has. Unable or unwilling to bring any youth through and a whole host of poor transfer signings (which he has claimed responsibility for).

Starting line ups costing us goals and no sign of any style or system. Has to go.

Megwa should have played and that would have allowed everyone else to play in a natural position. If he can’t get an opportunity in those circumstances, he never will. Must be pretty dispiriting for the young lads just now. No pathway to the first team, despite the first team being dreadful.

RIP
14-01-2023, 06:20 PM

Cowardly talk. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but a failure to back the players is the biggest cop put by so called supporters.

degenerated
With regards to your first line, he played our best defender in midfield and a midfielder at right back despite having two right backs on the bench.

In terms of getting a tune out of our defence I would suggest that’s a decent starting point to look at.That's the thing, if he played players in their actual positions and in a formation that actually played to their strengths we wouldn't be anywhere near as ***** as we currently are. For that reason alone he deserves the sack, I'm not one for wanting managers binned after a bad run, I don't care what nonsense they spout in interviews and I couldn't care less about him claiming responsibility or not for our less than stellar signings. As he is either too arrogant or stupid to see the obvious then he has to go, I'm afraid.

Davy Mac
He acts and talks like a consultant, explains what the club and players should be doing and once again, qoute "I'm holding my hands up" and "an important point come the end of the season".

LJ is playing a blinder with his deflection tactics, he should be a politician!

H18 SFR
14-01-2023, 06:21 PM
Don’t want to start a new threat…I just feel Dundee Utd seemed motivated to get a result today, dare I say it motivated to secure the points for the manager.

Our players didn’t. Given this is the third manager this is happened to, I think it’s fair to ask if the manager is really the problem here.

CallumHibs07
14-01-2023, 06:21 PM
You must not have listed to his interviews

He said they were proud they kept going until the last but the players are in there disappointed with the result, not celebrating the last minute goal

I did listen and he seems pretty content to me. Pleased they kept going, could be an important point, “keeps us in the mix for top 6” (is that the aim now??)

Hermit Crab
14-01-2023, 06:28 PM

Got lucky at Well and even luckier today. His line up, tactics and style of play are horrendous. Long balls in high winds. No bother.

Bronson
14-01-2023, 06:29 PM
Car crash tactics today. Campbell at right back when theres 2 natural right backs on the bench. Tried to be clever bringing will fish back in the team after his derby disaster. Miles off it, as bad a back 4 as i’ve ever seen at hibs. One of those ones you look back on in a few years and laugh at.

He’ll get the derby but it’ll be his last.

WeeRussell
14-01-2023, 06:30 PM

Dear lord. Grown-ups still use those terms?! Never mind both in the same sentence.

Dublin07
14-01-2023, 06:31 PM
In my opinion the person most wanting LJ sacked is himself. The bizarre selections of the last few weeks are not the actions of a manager it in for the long haul. That starting team and tactics today were mental. One players individual brilliance keeping him in his job. He is taking the pleasure out of my Saturday afternoons and his chat afterwards just rubs it in. Our squad is not good enough but a competent manager could get more out of the players we have. Teams with much poorer squads out play us on a regular basis.

LunasBoots
14-01-2023, 06:31 PM
He acts and talks like a consultant, explains what the club and players should be doing and once again, qoute "I'm holding my hands up" and "an important point come the end of the season".

LJ is playing a blinder with his deflection tactics, he should be a politician!

He's a yes man and it shows.

Yorkshire HFC
14-01-2023, 06:38 PM
In my opinion the person most wanting LJ sacked is himself. The bizarre selections of the last few weeks are not the actions of a manager it in for the long haul. That starting team and tactics today were mental. One players individual brilliance keeping him in his job. He is taking the pleasure out of my Saturday afternoons and his chat afterwards just rubs it in. Our squad is not good enough but a competent manager could get more out of the players we have. Teams with much poorer squads out play us on a regular basis.

Hibs are 6= in the league - is that not pretty much where we always are?

The internet has given fans a ridiculous sense of entitlement. It's not a well run club - it's not been well run for years. LJ shouldn't be critisised for not turning it around in a couple of months. Give him a chance - it's not an easy job being the manager.

cabbageandribs1875
14-01-2023, 06:43 PM
goals lost are important, the ten shipped against sellick doesn't help, we're 7th in the league

Hermit Crab
14-01-2023, 06:44 PM

The internet has given fans a ridiculous sense of entitlement. It's not a well run club - it's not been well run for years. LJ shouldn't be critisised for not turning it around in a couple of months. Give him a chance - it's not an easy job being the manager.

He should be criticised for his crap team selections, crap tactics, crap football and utterly bizarre interviews. He will not turn this around. We are relegation playoff material.

GreenCastle
14-01-2023, 06:48 PM

Hibs are 7th and St Mirren who are 6th have 2 games in hand over us.

Mcbizz1998
I don’t even think he is THAT bad but his team selections and subs are absolutely baffling. Players out of position and our best players on the bench.

Zambernardi1875

he promised high intensity high press loads of chances football the fans would enjoy watching. i cant see anything the players have worked on in training, corners, freekicks ,passages of play nothing. we cant even keep possession for 5mins. i see no progression in anything since the league cup games.

Leith Green
14-01-2023, 06:49 PM
Its all got the feeling of the calderwood , fenlon , butcher era. ***** players , clueless behind the scenes . And piss poor signings and team selections.. we all know how that ended , and more and more fans starting to see the same story being played out

bingo70
14-01-2023, 06:51 PM
I don’t even think he is THAT bad but his team selections and subs are absolutely baffling. Players out of position and our best players on the bench.

Who was our best players on the bench?

HendoDelivered
14-01-2023, 06:52 PM
Thinking about it, I’d rather wait until we appoint this DoF before parting ways with LJ. I’d be terrified letting the same clowns appoint another dud…. No thank you.

Diclonius
14-01-2023, 06:53 PM
That's it for me, said multiple times at the game that the performance reminded me of the slow slide to relegation under Butcher. Constantly changing lineup, bizarre substitutions, and most crucially - players that don't know what they're doing and don't have confidence in the manager.

The problem is that sacking him now, of all times, when we don't even have a recruitment head in place, would possibly be worse than keeping him.

We are a shockingly run football club and Gordon is about to find out next week what happens when we lose our patience. Barely anyone will be there and whoever's left after we inevitably lose will be protesting outside the West.

Yorkshire HFC
14-01-2023, 06:54 PM

How have results been when he's finally been able to play Nisbet and McGeady? What are the chances that things will get better when Boyle is available?

bingo70
14-01-2023, 06:57 PM
Thinking about it, I’d rather wait until we appoint this DoF before parting ways with LJ. I’d be terrified letting the same clowns appoint another dud…. No thank you.

Is it not a bit unfair on the new DoF to run with a dud just so he can sack him as soon as he’s appointed?

neil7908
14-01-2023, 07:02 PM
Dear lord. Grown-ups still use those terms?! Never mind both in the same sentence.

I was replying to a post using the term bed wetters. Why did you not comment on the one I replied to? I agree that language is dumb but other posters were using it first to criticise other supporters - why have you called out my post and not there's?

Stuart93
14-01-2023, 07:02 PM
His starting 11 is a lottery most weeks.

Incapable of any kind of motivation which shows in our performances.

truehibernian
14-01-2023, 07:03 PM

LJ needs two windows to get rid of players that shouldn’t be here anymore and ones who can’t develop. A new DoF is a positive step forward, but it’s crucial it’s the right appointment.

What I want to see though is some of our young talent promoted to the first team as I think it’s curbing development and enthusiasm if we don’t.

When you start playing players well out of position and you’ve players (youth) who are on a high and not being a sniff, that’s a huge problem for me. Reward them 👍

neil7908
14-01-2023, 07:06 PM
Cowardly talk. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but a failure to back the players is the biggest cop put by so called supporters.

Cowardly talk 😂😂😊.

You are having an absolute mare tonight and about 90% of the support disagree with you.

I back the players - not the manager. Or the owner.

I'll offer you the same bet I put out earlier.

If we beat Hearts I'll give £200 to a charity of your choice. If they win you only have to give £50.

Over to you. Or are you too cowardly?

Hermit Crab
14-01-2023, 07:08 PM

St Mirren are away to Celtic next Wednesday, Hearts are also at home to Aberdeen the same night. Kilmarnock play Rangers too.

The Baldmans Comb
14-01-2023, 07:13 PM
His arrogance is astounding and he knows nothing about Scottish football and doesn't even try to learn.

Today can be added to the disgraceful league cup team selections where he totally underestimated Falkirk and Morton or thinking he could overrun Celtic away from home or playing Fish and dropping MG v Hearts.

He doesn't understand that in Scottish football you must start a home match on the front foot and that the first 20 minutes are vital as the pace of the game will be intense.

Playing Porto as deep holding midfielder and Campbell as RB immediately takes the pace out of Hibs game notwithstanding the fact that Campbell isn't very good anyway as a right back a fact staring the wideo in the face from last weeks Motherwell game.

It was Dundee Utd at home not Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen or Hearts so a positive aggressive start is of searing importance so there was no need to be so negative.

Everything is wrong about this utter imposter from his tactics, his signings, his substitutions, his post match analysis but most of all his engrained lazy assumptions that Scottish football is just so crap so I can happily experiment as I go along.

He needs a dose of humble pie in the form of a quick sacking as he is now a dead man walking unwilling and unable to change and totally untrustworthy given his litany of duff signings.

LewysGot2
14-01-2023, 07:23 PM
His arrogance is astounding and he knows nothing about Scottish football and doesn't even try to learn.

Today can be added to the disgraceful league cup team selections where he totally underestimated Falkirk and Morton or thinking he could overrun Celtic away from home or playing Fish and dropping MG v Hearts.

He doesn't understand that in Scottish football you must start a home match on the front foot and that the first 20 minutes are vital as the pace of the game will be intense.

Playing Porto as deep holding midfielder and Campbell as RB immediately takes the pace out of Hibs game notwithstanding the fact that Campbell isn't very good anyway as a right back a fact staring the wideo in the face from last weeks Motherwell game.

It was Dundee Utd at home not Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen or Hearts so a positive aggressive start is of searing importance so there was no need to be so negative.

Everything is wrong about this utter imposter from his tactics, his signings, his substitutions, his post match analysis but most of all his engrained lazy assumptions that Scottish football is just so crap so I can happily experiment as I go along.

He needs a dose of humble pie in the form of a quick sacking as he is now a dead man walking unwilling and unable to change and totally untrustworthy given his litany of duff signings.

Don't sit on the fence, Sam 🤣

GreenCastle
14-01-2023, 07:26 PM
How have results been when he's finally been able to play Nisbet and McGeady? What are the chances that things will get better when Boyle is available?

Boyle won’t be back for a year.

Nisbet probably away sooner rather than later if this form continues.

McGeady every game getting closer to retiring.

Today we definitely didn’t see a high press - at times it felt like Dundee Utd were the home team.

MWHIBBIES
14-01-2023, 07:38 PM
Dreadful selection but he did fix it and made decent subs. Cannot start like that next week. Do so and he must go.

GreenCastle
14-01-2023, 07:40 PM
When was the last time we played well for 90 mins against 11 players and a decent team?

LewysGot2
14-01-2023, 07:42 PM
Dreadful selection but he did fix it and made decent subs. Cannot start like that next week. Do so and he must go.

Yup, selection and formation was not right. Good he fixed it but worrying he thought the original set up would work

Stuart93
14-01-2023, 07:43 PM

Dreadful selection? Did you not call a poster out for questioning the starting 11 then asked him what he would’ve done differently?

Jim44
14-01-2023, 07:49 PM

I agree with every word of this. He seems a decent guy, a bit like Heckingbottom, but he’s not got a clue about the game up here and is winging it. A quickie divorce would suit all parties.

bingo70
14-01-2023, 07:51 PM

He can’t make a dreadful team selection, change it 10 minutes in and then try to take the credit for it!

He also made an equally as bad a team selection in the derby a couple of weeks back, his determination to squeeze Fish into the team is looking like it’ll be his downfall.

Franck Le God
14-01-2023, 07:51 PM
I spend more time looking at that ****-show on his head than I do watching him with the ball at his feet.

Each to their own I suppose

Since452
14-01-2023, 07:53 PM

Saying he knows nothing about Scottish football is a lazy accusation. He clearly does and has a cup winners medal from his time in Scotland as a player. He's not from Gambia for goodness sake.

supersauzee
14-01-2023, 07:55 PM

Absolutely spot on, couldn't have said it better myself 👏

Is It On....
14-01-2023, 08:11 PM

Made me laugh when you described him as a "wideo". Haven't seen that used for years 😂

MWHIBBIES
14-01-2023, 08:15 PM
Dreadful selection? Did you not call a poster out for questioning the starting 11 then asked him what he would’ve done differently?

Yes, because I believed Fish would be right back, and Porteous centre back. Which I've already said. Which would've been fine, and when we changed to that, we were significantly better. Answer your stupid question?

jacomo
14-01-2023, 08:16 PM
C’mon now. None of this is his fault. Needs at least 3 transfer windows to get in his own players and ideas across. We can’t keep sacking managers.

Stuart93
14-01-2023, 08:17 PM
Yes, because I believed Fish would be right back, and Porteous centre back. Which I've already said. Which would've been fine, and when we changed to that, we were significantly better. Answer your stupid question?

Ah right so your assumption was wrong and the poster you were having a go at was correct to question the starting 11 then?

jacomo
14-01-2023, 08:18 PM
When was the last time we played well for 90 mins against 11 players and a decent team?

2017?

bingo70
The next manager should be on 6 month contract which will save on severance pay.
The players just now would not be able to put in a decent performance for any manager so the next will clearly be short term.
Then the next.
Then the next.
Then the next.
Then the next.

That’s just nonsense.

The players played in their right position would be able to put in a much better performance for their manager.

Also, in terms of the length of the managers reign, Ross was here for 2 and a half years, Maloney was 6 months and Johnson hasn’t been sacked yet.

MWHIBBIES
Ah right so your assumption was wrong and the poster you were having a go at was correct to question the starting 11 then?

Yes, absolutely. As I've already said.

I have absolutely no issue admitting I'm wrong when I am you know. Dunno how else you expected me to reply?

Onceinawhile
14-01-2023, 08:20 PM
Starting Campbell at right back today after the game on Sunday was a shambles. Especially with two right backs on the bench.

I'd like him to leave now.

Mcbizz1998
14-01-2023, 08:48 PM
Who was our best players on the bench?

I wasn’t just talking about today. McGeady and Magennis at Tynecastle.

paddy1875
14-01-2023, 09:05 PM
Can’t believe this guys still circling the drain…

jws1875
14-01-2023, 10:06 PM
Starting Campbell at right back today after the game on Sunday was a shambles. Especially with two right backs on the bench.

I'd like him to leave now.

Then to move him out of right back.. Have instant success with him on the wing. Then moved him back into right back and hung him out to dry with zero support on the wing infront of him.. Mental!

bingo70
14-01-2023, 10:09 PM
Then to move him out of right back.. Have instant success with him on the wing. Then moved him back into right back and hung him out to dry with zero support on the wing infront of him.. Mental!

What position was McGeady today?

I found our formation and positions of players really confusing. Whenever I thought I had it sussed, players would pop up where I wasn’t expecting them.

madhatter
14-01-2023, 10:15 PM
What position was McGeady today?

I found our formation and positions of players really confusing. Whenever I thought I had it sussed, players would pop up where I wasn’t expecting them.

Total football done badly.

dchibs
14-01-2023, 10:20 PM

I hope Henderson never plays another game for us again, if he plays him against Hearts then he can **** off.

matty_f
14-01-2023, 10:22 PM
Today was a joke. As soon as the team was announced you could tell we'd be in trouble. A defence playing its first game together but with a midfielder at right back and our best centre half in midfielder. With two right backs on the bench.

We were all over the place. Error after error, players running about with no clue what they're doing, poor choices in possession, worse out of possession.

Johnson is constantly rolling the dice, add never looks like he knows how they'll land. That can't be good for players and it's certainly not good to watch.

He needs to sort it out or go.

Silky
14-01-2023, 10:24 PM
That’s just nonsense.

The players played in their right position would be able to put in a much better performance for their manager.

Also, in terms of the length of the managers reign, Ross was here for 2 and a half years, Maloney was 6 months and Johnson hasn’t been sacked yet.

Ridiculous to have gone through as many managers in such a short time. Hibs. Forever in transition.

GreenCastle
14-01-2023, 10:24 PM
Today was a joke. As soon as the team was announced you could tell we'd be in trouble. A defence playing its first game together but with a midfielder at right back and our best centre half in midfielder. With two right backs on the bench.

We were all over the place. Error after error, players running about with no clue what they're doing, poor choices in possession, worse out of possession.

Johnson is constantly rolling the dice, add never looks like he knows how they'll land. That can't be good for players and it's certainly not good to watch.

I’ve got serious concerns about his Derby team. With what he will pick and the lack of players available who are considered decent.

Unseen work
14-01-2023, 10:25 PM
The one thing that really confused me today is Porteous in midfield.

He was brilliant at centre half last week.

You’re down a right back so surely you’d think the defence needs as little disruption as possible? Instead he plays Campbell right back and drafts in fish. 2 changes instead of 1 to the back line.

Agree re subs - it seems to chop and change with the only one not getting a chance Tavares.

WeeRussell
15-01-2023, 12:13 AM

You’re down a right back so surely you’d think the defence needs as little disruption as possible? Instead he plays Campbell right back and drafts in fish. 2 changes instead of 1 to the back line.

Agree re subs - it seems to chop and change with the only one not getting a chance Tavares.

I agree. Our midfield is crap whatever we do just now, why ruin our best chance having a solid day at the back by taking out our best centre half and playing him in a position that doesn’t improve us there!

He HAS to play his real position if still here come Sunday.

Stuart93
15-01-2023, 12:37 AM

Genuinely don’t think the guys got a clue.

He wooed Ron & friends in his interview with his car salesman like chat and they fell for it. Guys out his depth.

HerbDailly
15-01-2023, 12:48 AM
It's not that I want him out, I'm an optimist, and a supporter by default, but I just don't see any way back with the fans now. We're at the stage where even a derby win would surely just delay things.
It's too far gone I'm afraid.

CL0762
15-01-2023, 12:53 AM

Genuinely couldn’t believe he started Fish & Rocky up against Fletcher. One of the most experienced target men in the league against 2 players with barely 50 combined professional appearances between them.

Svengali
15-01-2023, 07:27 AM
Megwa should have played and that would have allowed everyone else to play in a natural position. If he can’t get an opportunity in those circumstances, he never will. Must be pretty dispiriting for the young lads just now. No pathway to the first team, despite the first team being dreadful.

Yep and if he’s not good enough, why is he even on the bench. Give the laddie a chance.

Only LJ can put a CH in midfield, a central midfielder to RB, change it all in 10 minutes, that sees the CH go back to defence, The midfielder back to midfield and the loan centre half to right back.

Meanwhile, two right backs sit on the bench.

But that’s high level management IQ for you….. what do we know

flash
15-01-2023, 07:34 AM
The biggest issue, as alluded to by several posters above, is the complete lack of consistency in team selection.

Yesterday's team should have been the same as the Motherwell game with either Miller or Megwa in at right back.

When the manager said he might need to "get creative" the alarm bells started ringing.

Instead of making one change which left everyone playing where they should we ended up starting the game with a complete dogs dinner of a line up.

Presuming he is still here next week, and he will be you would think, we can only hope he puts round pegs in round holes and at least gives us a fighting chance.

Scotty Leither
15-01-2023, 07:37 AM

He should roll the dice with the younger players, Matty, particularly giving either Mengwa (sp) a go on the right or Macintyre on the left.

At least they’ll give you their all and would be playing with a point to prove that they’re better than the current personnel who simply aren’t up to it.

The crowd would be more patient and encouraging with younger players too.

flash
15-01-2023, 07:39 AM
He should roll the dice with the younger players, Matty, particularly giving either Mengwa (sp) a go on the right or Macintyre on the left.

At least they’ll give you their all and would be playing with a point to prove that they’re better than the current personnel who simply aren’t up to it.

The crowd would be more patient and encouraging with younger players too.

It would have been difficult for the kids to be much worse than the two starting full backs yesterday.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2023, 07:41 AM
The biggest issue, as alluded to by several posters above, is the complete lack of consistency in team selection.

Yesterday's team should have been the same as the Motherwell game with either Miller or Megwa in at right back.

When the manager said he might need to "get creative" the alarm bells started ringing.

Instead of making one change which left everyone playing where they should we ended up starting the game with a complete dogs dinner of a line up.

Presuming he is still here next week, and he will be you would think, we can only hope he puts round pegs in round holes and at least gives us a fighting chance.

It really is this simple.

If Miller isn't ready to play 90 minutes then get as long as you can out of him and see where we are when the change needs made.

Rotating multiple players when only one change was necessary was just making things more confusing and more complicated than they needed to be. It also necessitated a change in shape mid way through the 1st half as the original choice was such a shambles.

Next week it has to be a case of playing the best available player in their correct position. That means Porteous at CB, McGeady wide and Campbell in midfield.

Scotty Leither
15-01-2023, 07:41 AM
It would have been difficult for the kids to be much worse than the two starting full backs yesterday.

From the limited time I’ve seen them, Macintyre while still slightly built plays with a bit of dig and desire, and the other laddie Mengwa is comfortable on the ball.

In short they’ve got attributes sadly lacking in that team at the moment.

Nicho87
15-01-2023, 07:46 AM
LJ would get more credit and make a point to the board by playing players in their correct position as best he can. But the trying to fix it with Campbell at right back etc just makes frustrated fans hit boiling point.

The options on the bench are futile just now.

jeffers
15-01-2023, 07:48 AM

Posts like your one above are a damning indictment of him. Forget all the chat about the lack of quality, the squad being too big or him needing multiple windows. The starting selection alone should be enough to get him the sack. Yet unbelievably some want him to be given more time.

WhileTheChief..
15-01-2023, 08:02 AM

He wooed Ron & friends in his interview with his car salesman like chat and they fell for it. Guys out his depth.

Completely agree with this.

Worse than Maloney and Calderwood, and quickly approaching Duffy or Butcher levels of incompetence. It's amazing that we managed to find someone so bad out of all the people we could have gone for really.

Total fraud that shouldn't be anywhere near us.

He's done nothing, and I mean literally nothing, to improve us one bit from last season. He brings no value whatsoever to our club and is actively making us worse.

Can't get my head around why RG is allowing this to continue so long. He was right to bin Maloney quickly and should have done the same here.

jeffers
15-01-2023, 08:05 AM
Completely agree with this.

Worse than Maloney and Calderwood, and quickly approaching Duffy or Butcher levels of incompetence. It's amazing that we managed to find someone so bad out of all the people we could have gone for really.

Total fraud that shouldn't be anywhere near us.

He's done nothing, and I mean literally nothing, to improve us one bit from last season. He brings no value whatsoever to our club and is actively making us worse.

Can't get my head around why RG is allowing this to continue so long. He was right to bin Maloney quickly and should have done the same here.

I can only assume after the big deal they made of his appointment they don’t want to admit they F’d up again. It’s mental.

I wasn’t there again yesterday, but suggestions he was telling fans to GTF when we scored our first yesterday.

Heisenberg
15-01-2023, 08:08 AM
I can only assume after the big deal they made of his appointment they don’t want to admit they F’d up again. It’s mental.

I wasn’t there again yesterday, but suggestions he was telling fans to GTF when we scored our first yesterday.

He definitely was. Must’ve been getting some stick after they went ahead and we started so poorly.

hibsbollah
15-01-2023, 08:11 AM
He definitely was. Must’ve been getting some stick after they went ahead and we started so poorly.

All fans? A Specific fan who was abusing him? Or just a general shouty swear FU into the air which could have been a release of frustration/tension? (This is a lot more likely)

jeffers
15-01-2023, 08:12 AM

What an absolute prick he is. I know some will say if he’s getting stick then those giving it can have no complaints if they get some back in return, but that selection and our start yesterday what does he expect. Not seeing much evidence of his “football IQ”

marinello59
15-01-2023, 08:13 AM

I sit right behind the Home dug out. Apart from the usual odd shouted comment I wasn’t aware of any exceptional abuse being thrown at him. I didn’t see him giving the fans anything back after our goal either.

flash
15-01-2023, 08:22 AM
What an absolute prick he is. I know some will say if he’s getting stick then those giving it can have no complaints if they get some back in return, but that selection and our start yesterday what does he expect. Not seeing much evidence of his “football IQ”

It depends on the context for me.

If somebody is just giving him grief about the team selection he can't really bite back seeing as he saw fit to change it himself.

However if it's nasty personal stuff then he is perfectly entitled to react for my cash.

jeffers
15-01-2023, 08:24 AM
It depends on the context for me.

If somebody is just giving him grief about the team selection he can't really bite back seeing as he saw fit to change it himself.

However if it's nasty personal stuff then he is perfectly entitled to react for my cash.

Yeah fair point.

NC1875
15-01-2023, 08:29 AM

He has no football IQ, it’s so ironic it’s something he keeps mentioning. When as a player, he hardly set the heather alight anywhere. And same goes for him as a manager.

Another Kensell like wideboy who thinks he knows everything. Get them both out of this club.

RossScott1991
15-01-2023, 08:36 AM
Think the tide has turned against LJ. Anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt due to the recruitment / boardroom level problems have now switched.

Poor team selections, playing folk out of position. Constantly talking to the media and not taking any accountability

Starting to feel we have a dud and need a better pair of hands to spearhead what is a crucial time at club.

A comfortable hearts victory (which is likely) could and Probaly should see end of him.

GreenGray
15-01-2023, 08:47 AM
Think the tide has turned against LJ. Anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt due to the recruitment / boardroom level problems have now switched.

Poor team selections, playing folk out of position. Constantly talking to the media and not taking any accountability

Starting to feel we have a dud and need a better pair of hands to spearhead what is a crucial time at club.

A comfortable hearts victory (which is likely) could and Probaly should see end of him.

Definitely, unless he wins next week the fans feelings towards him will be too poisonous a new DOF won’t change ****.

If we decide to keep him the DOF will be facing an upwards battle from the start, we’d be as well starting fresh.

Jay
15-01-2023, 09:00 AM

I'm behind the dugouts and never saw him interact with the fans in any way.

Since452
15-01-2023, 09:01 AM

We put Porteous in midfield last week and immediately scored the winner from it.

Heisenberg
15-01-2023, 09:01 AM
I sit right behind the Home dug out. Apart from the usual odd shouted comment I wasn’t aware of any exceptional abuse being thrown at him. I didn’t see him giving the fans anything back after our goal either.

From the west upper it looked like he was getting very animated and giving a bit to someone when we scored. Might not have caught the full thing but from what I saw that’s how it seemed to me.

Since452
15-01-2023, 09:07 AM
Had a little look at Blackburns results to see how the other guy who was in the running for the Hibs job was getting on down there.

14 wins. 13 defeats. 0 draws!. Scudded 4-0 yesterday.

Unseen work
15-01-2023, 09:09 AM
How did everyone feel about his black leather gloves yesterday?

One to add to the camel jacket against Celtic and hands within his sleeves against hearts

hibsbollah
15-01-2023, 09:17 AM
How did everyone feel about his black leather gloves yesterday?

One to add to the camel jacket against Celtic and hands within his sleeves against hearts

Murderers gloves.

mcfly
15-01-2023, 09:22 AM
What fans have any confidence in this guy to turn it around.

I don’t. He talks a great game and I can see why he gets jobs as he must. Be great at interviews.

The club is a shambles right now and unless the board bring in a couple of quality players this week we won’t be beating anyone let alone hearts in the cup.

Another lost season at hibs - sad times

Jones28
15-01-2023, 09:23 AM
Murderers gloves.

Well he did murder the team selection.

Crunchie
15-01-2023, 09:30 AM

Out of his depth? have a word. He's been praised by the likes of Guardiola for his teams style of play when he was manager at Bristol City, he managed in the Championship for years and you say he's out his depth here? I suppose you know better right enough with your wealth of knowledge in the game.

hibsbollah
15-01-2023, 09:32 AM
Out of his depth? have a word. He's been praised by the likes of Guardiola for his teams style of play when he was manager at Bristol City, he managed in the Championship for years and you say he's out his depth here? I suppose you know better right enough with your wealth of knowledge in the game.

Pep was at Bristol City? I thought he was a Rovers man…

Crunchie
15-01-2023, 09:35 AM
Pep was at Bristol City? I thought he was a Rovers man…
I get the feeling you fancy yourself as a comedian.

hibsbollah
15-01-2023, 09:37 AM
I get the feeling you fancy yourself as a comedian.

I never know what’s sarcasm and what isn’t in these sad times.

Betty Boop
15-01-2023, 09:40 AM
I never know what’s sarcasm and what isn’t in these sad times.

Haha the lowest form of wit :greengrin

Callum_62
15-01-2023, 09:42 AM
Had a little look at Blackburns results to see how the other guy who was in the running for the Hibs job was getting on down there.

14 wins. 13 defeats. 0 draws!. Scudded 4-0 yesterday.That is quite incredible

27 games, no drawshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230115/6c040dd13d0df0d384ccd686d32a5820.jpg

Pretty Boy
15-01-2023, 09:48 AM
That is quite incredible

27 games, no drawshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230115/6c040dd13d0df0d384ccd686d32a5820.jpg

There were some mental stats about the Championship earlier this season. One of them was that the team who were bottom had lost fewer games than Blackburn who at the time were 3rd. Looking at it now Blackpool who are 2nd bottom have lost the same number of games as Blackburn, now 5th.

easty
15-01-2023, 09:49 AM

14 wins. 13 defeats. 0 draws!. Scudded 4-0 yesterday.

I saw a report on them a couple of weeks ago, about how they have far more points than the performances would have expected. They’ve scored a lot more goals than the xG stat thinks they would.

They have the lowest xG in the division, but actually sit in 5th place.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/Championship-Stats

McGruber
15-01-2023, 09:52 AM
The formation yesterday with Porteous in midfield, Campbell right back was actually genius. If you set it up wrong and go a goal behind you can swap it round and stand up infront of the camera and take credit for the inevitable improvement with a straight face. Having 2 right backs on the bench aswell - that's next level genius I can't compehend. Superb