PDA

View Full Version : Kenneh

Pages : [1] 2

AgentDaleCooper
08-01-2023, 03:46 PM
Why has he been out if the team? I've only been to one game this year, but he absolutely bossed it, and from what i gather, we're lacking bit in the middle of the park.

Willis1875
08-01-2023, 03:48 PM
Decent enough player without the ball and wins his fair of duels,on the ball he’s cumbersome

yerauldda
08-01-2023, 03:49 PM
It’s his ability when he has the ball that’s his issue.
That said, I think you need a player like him in your team in this league.
The only time we’ve got away without one was when we had McGinn, McGeouch & Allan who were all very dynamic and ridiculously comfortable with the ball. We don’t have that luxury now so I’d rather have Kenneh in the team.

Unseen work
08-01-2023, 03:52 PM
He would have been perfect for the second half of that game.

I get Johnson’s thinking with playing Henderson, but I think if he could go back and change it Kenneh or Hanlon would have came on

supermcginn
08-01-2023, 03:55 PM
He's clearly well out of favour, if he can't get on in front on Henderson there's not much point in him being here. Wouldn't be totally shocked if he's away this month.

wookie70
08-01-2023, 04:02 PM
He's clearly well out of favour, if he can't get on in front on Henderson there's not much point in him being here. Wouldn't be totally shocked if he's away this month.

To be honest I kind of agree with that reasoning. However, for his age he has shown a bit of promise. I have a feeling he may be decent next season after a year of seeing the pace and physicality of the game up here. I wouldn't be rushing to get him out the door yet. Henderson would really annoy me if I played along side him. He is very lazy, shirks 70/30s in his favour and often gives the ball away in promising positions. He does have a fairly good first touch but he has had plenty chance to get used to the Scottish game and for me he is at best a luxury player in a Championship game. I suspect it was insider knowledge(doing a mate a favour) that made us sign him and Maloney has much to answer for if it was him that brought him in.

LaMotta
08-01-2023, 04:03 PM
Kenneh struggled in our League Cup group against lower league oppostion. Had a couple of poor games in the league where he cost us, also a couple of 7/10 performances where he looked decent.

Pretty clear the management team dont fancy him as they would rather play Porto in cm than him. I'm struggling to understand the clamour for some for him to play. He may come good but he's not ready just now to play every week. Or he may just not be good enough. Time will tell.

Based on what weve seen so far though a 3 year contract looks ill advised.

JohnM1875
08-01-2023, 04:04 PM
Let's be honest, there's absolutely no chance in hell he's leaving Hibs this window. Rightly so in my opinion. Think there's a real player in there.

HendoDelivered
08-01-2023, 04:04 PM
Not good enough. Simple as that.

Iain G
08-01-2023, 04:06 PM
Not good enough. Simple as that.

It's not that simple at all!

Hibees1973
08-01-2023, 04:07 PM
Like numerous players we have. Not ready for the 1st team.

He's in serious bother if Henderson gets on before him.

The Spaceman
08-01-2023, 04:11 PM
Like numerous players we have. Not ready for the 1st team.

He's in serious bother if Henderson gets on before him.

Very different types of player. Kenneh has a lot more potential IMO.

JohnM1875
08-01-2023, 04:14 PM
Could be talking pish, but doesn't Kenneh have one of the highest tackle percentages per minutes played in the league? That's what he's in the team to do. Break up play and move it on.

Allant1981
08-01-2023, 04:15 PM
Just isn't good enough, he might be in 2 or 3 years time but at the minute not what we need

HendoDelivered
08-01-2023, 04:15 PM
It's not that simple at all!

It is because if he was good enough he would be playing every week?

Unseen work
08-01-2023, 04:17 PM
I like him. Really good defensively but lacks a bit on the ball, most noticeably against Celtic when he was really poor.

He’s unlucky to find himself out the team as the others aren’t creating enough so Porteous has had to step in and show them how to create a chance from midfield and there’s no room for both of them.

I get Johnson’s thinking for Henderson coming on with the view of getting his foot on the ball and controlling the game. Unfortunately he never done that once.

I think if he could do it again he’d have brought on Kenneh or Hanlon

supermcginn
08-01-2023, 04:22 PM
Let's be honest, there's absolutely no chance in hell he's leaving Hibs this window. Rightly so in my opinion. Think there's a real player in there.

The coaching team clearly disagree.

loanheadhibby
08-01-2023, 04:24 PM

You're kidding.
If he can't get into this Hibs team he's never going to make it.

CapitalGreen
08-01-2023, 04:25 PM
The coaching team clearly disagree.

Do we consider the coaching team really good judges of a player now?

JohnM1875
08-01-2023, 04:26 PM
You're kidding.
If he can't get into this Hibs team he's never going to make it.

The boys 19.

theonlywayisup
08-01-2023, 04:29 PM
Is this what we've become! We've just won a game of football, only our third win in eleven games, yet some can't stop themselves being critical of a player who did nothing wrong today. Give it a rest!

Brightside
08-01-2023, 04:31 PM
We don’t lose as many games when he plays but LJ believes in some sort of higher plane high IQ football that appears to not bother with much in the way of defence.

bigwheel
08-01-2023, 04:34 PM
The boys 19.

Think that is a good point to remember . He wasn’t helped by the type of fanfare around a “coup” etc in his signing . He was positioned as a first team starter on arriving . Don’t think he has shown much of that . Tbh , I think he’s pretty poor on the ball . But he is young and lots of time to grow

greenlex
08-01-2023, 04:38 PM
We don’t lose as many games when he plays but LJ believes in some sort of higher plane high IQ football that appears to not bother with much in the way of defence.
:greengrin Heard that. What a pile of absolute dung.

Up-the-slope
08-01-2023, 04:41 PM
The boys 19.

Exactly and has still had many better games than some of the more senior players. Has all the attributes to be a great player. Out of possession he is probably the best player we have (which is why he intercepts so many balls and why when he plays the CH's have a far easier time and look less vulnerable) He does have a way to go when in possession - but im sure that will come if he is managed and nurtured

Bronson
08-01-2023, 04:53 PM
I must watch a different sport to some folk on here. One of the worst players I’ve ever seen absolutely rank rotten. Slow, soft, doesn’t track back well (see livi and celtic away for example), technically abysmal, the list goes on.

I know he’s only 19 but he’s not even shown a glimmer of promise imo. He’d be very near the top of my list to empty as soon as possible.

Iain G
08-01-2023, 04:53 PM
I must watch a different sport to some folk on here. One of the worst players I’ve ever seen absolutely rank rotten. Slow, soft, doesn’t track back well (see livi and celtic away for example), technically abysmal, the list goes on.

I know he’s only 19 but he’s not even shown a glimmer of promise imo. He’d be very near the top of my list to empty as soon as possible.

Is that you Ian Gordon? 🤣

LaMotta
08-01-2023, 05:16 PM

Before today we had lost more games with Kenneh featuring than we'd won with him making an appearance.

LaMotta
08-01-2023, 05:18 PM
Is this what we've become! We've just won a game of football, only our third win in eleven games, yet some can't stop themselves being critical of a player who did nothing wrong today. Give it a rest!

Well no not really. Someone asked for peoples opinions about why he hasn't been playing and this has generated some discussion.

Fergos
08-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Exactly and has still had many better games than some of the more senior players. Has all the attributes to be a great player. Out of possession he is probably the best player we have (which is why he intercepts so many balls and why when he plays the CH's have a far easier time and look less vulnerable) He does have a way to go when in possession - but im sure that will come if he is managed and nurtured

Agreed. Unlucky in that he’s been signed alongside so many other project type signings, he’s maybe being tarred with the same brush. Think he could be a decent player with the correct coaching.

GGTTH

jacomo
08-01-2023, 05:35 PM
Kenneh struggled in our League Cup group against lower league oppostion. Had a couple of poor games in the league where he cost us, also a couple of 7/10 performances where he looked decent.

Pretty clear the management team dont fancy him as they would rather play Porto in cm than him. I'm struggling to understand the clamour for some for him to play. He may come good but he's not ready just now to play every week. Or he may just not be good enough. Time will tell.

Based on what weve seen so far though a 3 year contract looks ill advised.

You don’t offer a 19 yr old with no real first team experience a 3 year contract and then write him off after half a season. Or maybe you do if you’re Hibs.

I said at the time that it would be too much to expect him to slot right in and play every week, but surely this isn’t another transfer fail from us? He came with a good reputation.

LaMotta
08-01-2023, 05:41 PM
You don’t offer a 19 yr old with no real first team experience a 3 year contract and then write him off after half a season. Or maybe you do if you’re Hibs.

I said at the time that it would be too much to expect him to slot right in and play every week, but surely this isn’t another transfer fail from us? He came with a good reputation.

Yes he came with a good reputation, but as you point out he had zero first team experience, so what was that reputation realistically built on?

Henderson and Cabraja are also on a three year contracts. Can't say they look like great decisions either.

Callum_62
08-01-2023, 06:01 PM
Kenneh has shown in some games alot of promise

He obviously has some decent potential

I'm actually surpised he hasn't been used more

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
08-01-2023, 06:03 PM
I rate him. We could do with an experienced defensive mid for him to learn from like Doig had with Lewis though.

Since452
08-01-2023, 06:07 PM
Kenneh is a player I really rate and think he has a huge future.

Hibby Bairn
08-01-2023, 06:21 PM
The boys 19.

This site is mental. Writing off players when they are 19 years old. Living away from home.

loanheadhibby
08-01-2023, 06:41 PM

Genuine question, if he’s so good, how come he’s barely started for weeks? And when he has played, he often gets subbed off?

Maybe one to go out on loan? He’s currently way out of the picture with LJ.

bigwheel
08-01-2023, 06:44 PM
Genuine question, if he’s so good, how come he’s barely started for weeks? And when he has played, he often gets subbed off?

Genuine question…when you’ve made your point in all number of ways that you don’t rate the boy…why do you keep trying to find other ways to reinforce it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

loanheadhibby
08-01-2023, 06:46 PM
Genuine question…when you’ve made your point in all number of ways that you don’t rate the boy…why do you keep trying to find other ways to reinforce it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geez I was only asking a question. How about providing some thoughts rather than attack me?

Or do you simply not have any thoughts on Kenneh?

hibsbollah
08-01-2023, 06:52 PM
I like Kenneh. It might be better for his development to get more time at a lower level than we can give him at the moment. I thought our midfield three looked a lot better today, I think Kenneh is more effective as a CDM in a different system to what we use at the moment.

loanheadhibby
08-01-2023, 07:02 PM
I like Kenneh. It might be better for his development to get more time at a lower level than we can give him at the moment. I thought our midfield three looked a lot better today, I think Kenneh is more effective as a CDM in a different system to what we use at the moment.

I agree. Maybe 6 months playing at championship level will do his confidence a bit of good. The lad needs to be playing and with the position we have been in, can’t see him getting many minutes with us. Possibly the odd sub appearance.

LaMotta
08-01-2023, 07:02 PM

We are also more likely to score with him not playing.

Up-the-slope
08-01-2023, 08:55 PM

I think thats all part of managing and nurturing him - if he was the finished article we would have had no chance of signing him from an EPL team.

also a reflection on his needing to do more with the ball and that Magennis got back from injury giving different options in midfield.

but i do think when we have players like Cadden (and Cabraja when he was playing well) who are better going forward we need a holding player who covers for them and he often did that.

Lack of stability in whos available and manager not working out best formation for players available has all contributed.

Its a shame we have no reserve league like the old days where there was scope to work on some of these things and not have to do it in the heat of compedative games only

PHeffernan
08-01-2023, 09:39 PM
Kenneh is only 19 and has played 19 games for Hibs
Currently Josh Campbell at going on 23 is the youngest regular player in the Hibs team so Kenneh is doing just fine.
The coaching staff will be working on his weaknesses.
Remember both Campbell and Bushiri have only just come of age this season so it takes time.

RIP
08-01-2023, 11:21 PM
Currently Josh Campbell at going on 23 is the youngest regular player in the Hibs team so Kenneh is doing just fine.
Remember both Campbell and Bushiri have only just come of age this season so it takes time.

This.

A young, raw, promising player training daily with the first team squad whilst learning all the time.

The coaching is already paying off with Bushiri and Youan. When Kenneh breaks back into the matches again, it will be because his football brain and judgement will be on par with his impressive stature and physical prowess.

wookie70
09-01-2023, 01:23 AM
With kids that young I think you need to see signs to they will get there. He already looks like he can handle it physically and that is very hard in that position. He looks very decent defensively when he has something in his sights to chase. When he has to the ball it is different as there is more to think about and very little time in Scotland. He may get better on the ball through training and familiarity but he could concentrate on his strengths like Marvin B did. He is a good way away from a first 11 start in a team chasing Europe but he has a decent chance and plenty of time. If Henderson was 18 or 19 I may say the same but he looks to have reached maximum potential after 2 seasons or so of having an opportunity to mark his place as a top league player. Potential is what signings are usually made on and there is plenty to achieve for Kenneh

wookie70
09-01-2023, 01:26 AM

I think Josh is still 22 and Bushiri just turned 23. Both have shown pretty steady progress albeit with the occasional hiccup. Kenneh reminds me of Josh at the start of his run of games. A few too many loose passes but energy, heart and strength

Libby Hibby
09-01-2023, 02:17 AM
Kenneh is Rolls Royce imo.

I’m struggling to think what game he’s played so badly in to be dropped so far out of the picture.

Bronson
09-01-2023, 12:37 PM

I’m struggling to think what game he’s played so badly in to be dropped so far out of the picture.

A rolls royce have you been drinking? He was calamitous against livi and celtic away and at fault for goals in both games. Terrible against county at home and dundee utd away and unsurprisingly hooked at HT in both games.

I haven’t even seen a tiny glimmer of promise where i’ve thought there might be a player in there. If this is the standard accepted at hibs we’re going down

keep the faith
09-01-2023, 12:44 PM

Ooosh! I'm all for him staying and hopefully developing with us, but cant think of any point in any match he has looked like a Rolls Royce of a player!!

If anything a bit slow with a lack of concentration.

Only 19 though and I'm hopeful he learns and improves with us.

Brightside
09-01-2023, 12:47 PM
When we won 4 in the trot he started each game. Just for some balance.

LaMotta
09-01-2023, 01:04 PM
When we won 4 in the trot he started each game. Just for some balance.

For further balance we only took the lead in 2 of those games after he was subbed off.

CapitalGreen
09-01-2023, 01:07 PM
For further balance we only took the lead in 2 of those games after he was subbed off.

For even further balance, the substitutions occurred not long after the opposition went down to 10 men.

CapitalGreen
09-01-2023, 01:10 PM
League Performance:
Kenneh Starting: 6W 1D 6L = 1.46ppg
Win 46% Loss 46%
Kenneh not starting: 2W 1D 5L = 0.88ppg
Win 25% Loss 63%

Defensive Record:
Kenneh on pitch:: 16 goals conceded in 1,001 mins or 1 goal per 63 mins.
Kenneh off pitch:: 19 goals conceded in 889 mins or 1 goal per 47 mins

Short Pass Completion - Central Midfielders
Newell - 83%
Kenneh - 82%
Magennis - 81%
Campbell - 77%
Henderson - 76%

Loss of possession due to poor touch or dispossessed by opponent
Newell - 1 per 46 mins
Campbell - 1 per 40 mins
Kenneh - 1 per 36 mins
Magennis - 1 per 32 mins
Henderson - 1 per 24 mins

We score 1 goal per 91 minutes while Kenneh is on the pitch and 1 goal per 56 minutes he is off the pitch.

We have played 300 minutes against 10 men. Kenneh has played 144 of these minutes (14% of his total minutes) and we played the other 156 minutes without Kenneh (18% of total minutes without).

Brightside
09-01-2023, 01:45 PM
League Performance:
Win 46% Loss 46%
Win 25% Loss 63%

Defensive Record:

Newell - 83%
Kenneh - 82%
Magennis - 81%
Campbell - 77%
Henderson - 76%

Newell - 1 per 46 mins
Campbell - 1 per 40 mins
Kenneh - 1 per 36 mins
Magennis - 1 per 32 mins

We score 1 goal per 91 minutes while Kenneh is on the pitch and 1 goal per 56 minutes he is off the pitch.

We have played 300 minutes against 10 men. Kenneh has played 144 of these minutes (14% of his total minutes) and we played the other 156 minutes without Kenneh (18% of total minutes without).

Great stats - do you have an interception comparison.

MrRobot
09-01-2023, 01:47 PM
Kenneh is absolutely fine and will develop into a really good player. Think it’s a bit strange he isn’t getting much game time and would definitely not be one i want to see leave.

CapitalGreen
09-01-2023, 01:58 PM
Great stats - do you have an interception comparison.

Interceptions per 90mins - Central Midfielders

Kenneh - 1.8
Magennis - 1.2
Campbell - 0.8
Newell - 0.7
Henderson - 0.4

jacomo
09-01-2023, 02:10 PM
Yes he came with a good reputation, but as you point out he had zero first team experience, so what was that reputation realistically built on?

Henderson and Cabraja are also on a three year contracts. Can't say they look like great decisions either.

Well… obviously his performances in his age group etc. he’s seen as a young player with great potential. Same as anyone else.

cameronw-hfc
09-01-2023, 02:14 PM
League Performance:
Win 46% Loss 46%
Win 25% Loss 63%

Defensive Record:

Newell - 83%
Kenneh - 82%
Magennis - 81%
Campbell - 77%
Henderson - 76%

Newell - 1 per 46 mins
Campbell - 1 per 40 mins
Kenneh - 1 per 36 mins
Magennis - 1 per 32 mins

Where do you get these from btw? Big stats geek myself but struggle to find stats like this on the Scottish leagues.

Brightside
09-01-2023, 02:20 PM
Interceptions per 90mins - Central Midfielders

Kenneh - 1.8
Magennis - 1.2
Campbell - 0.8
Newell - 0.7
Henderson - 0.4

Which is why I think we need him. BUT at the moment its not the way that LJ wants to play. Hence why he is being dropped for less obvious DM players.

LaMotta
09-01-2023, 05:00 PM
The most telling stats from those stats are that:

JohnM1875
09-01-2023, 05:22 PM

Surely that's more down to having Nisbet and a few other players back fit?

CapitalGreen
09-01-2023, 05:24 PM

Considering Kenneh is a defensive midfielder it’s really not. The biggest cause of difference in that stat is down to Nisbet returning while Kenneh has been out the team. Prior to the Nisbet’s return the difference was 1 goal per 88 mins compared to 1 goal per 72 mins. It wasn’t Kenneh’s fault our attackers have the worst shot conversion rate in the league, unless you think Nisbet has came in as a direct replacement for a defensive midfielder?

Tyler Durden
09-01-2023, 05:27 PM

You don’t like him, we get it

LaMotta
09-01-2023, 05:47 PM
Surely that's more down to having Nisbet and a few other players back fit?

Considering Kenneh is a defensive midfielder it’s really not. The biggest cause of difference in that stat is down to Nisbet returning while Kenneh has been out the team. Prior to the Nisbet’s return the difference was 1 goal per 88 mins compared to 1 goal per 72 mins. It wasn’t Kenneh’s fault our attackers have the worst shot conversion rate in the league, unless you think Nisbet has came in as a direct replacement for a defensive midfielder?

And for balance, do you not think Boyle getting injured has had any impact on the team? Or Myko?

B.H.F.C
09-01-2023, 05:49 PM
Kenneh had two back to back performances that killed him a bit IMO.

He was horrendous up at Dundee Utd and hooked at half time. Then we played Celtic the following weekend and, even allowing for the opposition, he was even worse. There were a few of our team, IMO, who never recovered from that game and he was one of them.

He obviously has some good defensive attributes but he needs to sharpen up on the ball quickly.

LaMotta
09-01-2023, 05:56 PM
You don’t like him, we get it

No you don't get it, because actually I don't mind him.

What I don't like is players getting hyped up early doors into something they aren't or people being mystified as to why a player isnt playing when theyve done little to justify those accolades. Eg describing Kenneh as a Rolls Royce player or people claiming he will go right to the very top as on other threads. It sets unrealistic expectations for a player, we saw similar with Slivka after signing from Juventus when people were calling him a baller after a few average games. I think the big club link sets people off. Also, conversely some of the criticism of him on this thread is OTT for me.

I just dont think the management should get criticism for not starting him every week based on what we've seen so far. I'm hoping there is more to come from him though:aok:

Brightside
09-01-2023, 06:10 PM

He is there to defend. I know LJ doesn’t like that side of the game but it does help some times.

Tyler Durden
09-01-2023, 06:18 PM
No you don't get it, because actually I don't mind him.

What I don't like is players getting hyped up early doors into something they aren't or people being mystified as to why a player isnt playing when theyve done little to justify those accolades. Eg describing Kenneh as a Rolls Royce player or people claiming he will go right to the very top as on other threads. It sets unrealistic expectations for a player, we saw similar with Slivka after signing from Juventus when people were calling him a baller after a few average games. I think the big club link sets people off. Also, conversely some of the criticism of him on this thread is OTT for me.

I just dont think the management should get criticism for not starting him every week based on what we've seen so far. I'm hoping there is more to come from him though:aok:

Fair play 👍🏻

I think he can develop into a good player for us

LaMotta
09-01-2023, 06:19 PM
He is there to defend. I know LJ doesn’t like that side of the game but it does help some times.

:aok:

Fair play 👍🏻

I think he can develop into a good player for us

:aok:

hibsbollah
13-01-2023, 09:28 AM
Now out on loan to Ross County. I’m surprised, but hopefully more first team experience is exactly what he needs, he kicks on and he has a future with us.

Brightside
13-01-2023, 09:30 AM
Now out on loan to Ross County. I’m surprised, but hopefully more first team experience is exactly what he needs, he kicks on and he has a future with us.

He will be back once LJ is gone.

Since452
13-01-2023, 09:31 AM

Wasn't expecting that. Glad it's to another premiership team though. Lad has huge potential.

Since452
13-01-2023, 09:31 AM
He will be back once LJ is gone.

Where is LJ going?

Onceinawhile
13-01-2023, 09:45 AM

Didn't see that coming tbh.

I like him, but hopefully getting him out the door let's hs get someone in.

wookie70
13-01-2023, 09:55 AM
My only reservation would be is they may be one of our competitors if we end up getting dragged into a relegation battle. I think that is unlikely though so hopefully Kenneh will help RC take a few points off team further off the league and help us out as we climbed up the table. He definitely needs to play regular football and I don't think he is good enough, at the moment, for where we want to be as a club. It only works though if he is getting game time of RC are picking up a decent chunk of teh wage bill

BILLYHIBS
13-01-2023, 10:01 AM
Kenneh had two back to back performances that killed him a bit IMO.

He was horrendous up at Dundee Utd and hooked at half time. Then we played Celtic the following weekend and, even allowing for the opposition, he was even worse. There were a few of our team, IMO, who never recovered from that game and he was one of them.

He obviously has some good defensive attributes but he needs to sharpen up on the ball quickly.
:agree:

Agree with this good at winning the ball back but gives it away needlessly and carelessly twice against Celtic was Amateur Hour and embarrassingly bad for our level

Needs to covet possession it is precious and needs to eliminate the slackness from his play

Happy for him to make his mistakes and sharpen up elsewhere

Prospect

Haste ye back better

Bronson
13-01-2023, 10:04 AM
Who’d have thought we’d let the rolls royce out on loan??

We’ve done well to find someone to take him, shame it’s not a permanent move but i won’t be greedy

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2023, 10:29 AM

Agree with this good at winning the ball back but gives it away needlessly and carelessly twice against Celtic was Amateur Hour and embarrassingly bad for our level

Needs to covet possession it is precious and needs to eliminate the slackness from his play

Happy for him to make his mistakes and sharpen up elsewhere

Prospect

Haste ye back better

Thing is, teammates need to help him. Lewis is fairly weak in possession, but McGeouch knew this and always took it off him. Lewis hasnt been as good without Dylan.

Marv was the same as Kenneh, couldn't pass the length of himself. But has good players to make up for that weakness, as he did theirs.

Kenneh playing every week in a settled midfield will be excellent I think. Im not sure about letting him go on loan, but certainly hope he's in our plans next season.

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2023, 10:30 AM
Who’d have thought we’d let the rolls royce out on loan??

We’ve done well to find someone to take him, shame it’s not a permanent move but i won’t be greedy

You know he's 19 right? Ridiculous post.

CapitalGreen
13-01-2023, 10:34 AM
We 100% need someone to sit in front of the defence to offer them protection. We can’t continue to conceding 2 goals a game and expect to move up the league.

wookie70
13-01-2023, 10:35 AM
Thing is, teammates need to help him. Lewis is fairly weak in possession, but McGeouch knew this and always took it off him. Lewis hasnt been as good without Dylan.

Marv was the same as Kenneh, couldn't pass the length of himself. But has good players to make up for that weakness, as he did theirs.

Kenneh playing every week in a settled midfield will be excellent I think. Im not sure about letting him go on loan, but certainly hope he's in our plans next season.

Lewis might not be that creative in possession but he is one of teh best in the team at keeping the ball and playing simple passes, he also has one of the best first touches. Big Daz would be a player who I would say was poor in possession but similar to Kenneh he was excellent when we didn't have the ball. Marv was nowhere near as bad on the ball as made out by some but like Lewis he wasn't very creative. He kept it simple and gave it to the more forward thinking players. Room for different types of players in all teams. Kenneh was careless on the ball a number of times and it cost us goals. There seemed to be a lack of awareness and I think the move, if he gets game time, will be good for him, RC and us.

The Spaceman
13-01-2023, 10:36 AM
A similar move for Melkersen would be good as well.

I rate both him and Kenneh as young players with lots of potential, but we aren’t the most conducive environment for their growth at the moment.

Smartie
13-01-2023, 10:41 AM
We 100% need someone to sit in front of the defence to offer them protection. We can’t continue to conceding 2 goals a game and expect to move up the league.

If we play a back 4 we 100% do.

The need isn’t so great when you play a back 3/5.

Bronson
13-01-2023, 10:45 AM

Actually he’s 20, is that old enough for me to decide if i think he’s good at football? You don’t get a free pass just because you’re u23

hibsbollah
13-01-2023, 10:55 AM
Actually he’s 20, is that old enough for me to decide if i think he’s good at football? You don’t get a free pass just because you’re u23

What did you think of Rocky after his 15 appearances prior to him signing in the summer? Most of .net were in collective uproar about us giving him a deal. Now we’ve all been proved wrong.

(IMO most of that negativity was down to a single error on a pass back in the derby and how visible that was, similar to Kennehs mistake in the Celtic game). The truth is with a young player you don’t always know if he’ll come good.

eastmainsmsh
13-01-2023, 11:01 AM
Seemingly a stand out for Leeds reserves at centre half as well

Bronson
13-01-2023, 11:01 AM
What did you think of Rocky after his 15 appearances prior to him signing in the summer? Most of .net were in collective uproar about us giving him a deal. Now we’ve all been proved wrong.

(IMO most of that negativity was down to a single error on a pass back in the derby and how visible that was, similar to Kennehs mistake in the Celtic game). The truth is with a young player you don’t always know if he’ll come good.

I thought rocky started well, looked good away at motherwell but after the tynecastle derby i didn’t rate him. He at least showed something, kenneh has shown absolutely nothing not even a glimmer of promise. I can’t even think of a standout tackle, pass etc never mind a good game he’s had. Plenty of poor ones spring to mind tho.

For the record, he’s done okay this season rocky, much better than last season, but still not good enough imo. People are desperate for him to do well because they feel guilty that he asked ben kensell why we all hated him in summer

CraigHibee
13-01-2023, 11:03 AM
Hopefully more game time and experience will do him good, don't think he should be written off yet, still relatively young

SickBoy32
13-01-2023, 11:03 AM

Rocky has improved from last season, but to be honest that's a low bar

I'm still not convinced he's the answer, our best run defensively came when he wasn't playing earlier in the season

He did however play regularly in the LC debacle, and is now a mainstay in a defence with the highest goals against tally in the league (for the previous two seasons, a centre half pairing of Hanlon and Porto gave us the best defensive record outside the OF - appreciate there has been some changes at full back in that period)

hibsbollah
13-01-2023, 11:08 AM
I thought rocky started well, looked good away at motherwell but after the tynecastle derby i didn’t rate him. He at least showed something, kenneh has shown absolutely nothing not even a glimmer of promise. I can’t even think of a standout tackle, pass etc never mind a good game he’s had. Plenty of poor ones spring to mind tho.

For the record, he’s done okay this season rocky, much better than last season, but still not good enough imo. People are desperate for him to do well because they feel guilty that he asked ben kensell why we all hated him in summer

You think we’re imagining that Rocky is playing well because we’re wracked with mass guilt? :faf: I don’t really buy it but I suppose anything’s possible.

Brightside
13-01-2023, 11:08 AM
Newell is also out for the Hearts games, highly likely Porto will be too. Moving Kenneh on right now is just daft.

JimBHibees
13-01-2023, 11:10 AM
Newell is also out for the Hearts games, highly likely Porto will be too. Moving Kenneh on right now is just daft.

Tend to agree the timing is strange unless someone coming in the door. Newell and possibly Kyle out for Derby we are very light in there

churchie16
13-01-2023, 11:15 AM
All for the loan if there’s plans for him being a big player in the future but if your telling me Johnson doesn’t rate him but still have guys like Euan Henderson at the club that has done Jack all for a year now then that’s slightly worrying, all the best to him hope he goes does well and comes back more experience and moves guys out the door that are already far worse than him.

coldingham hibs
13-01-2023, 11:30 AM
Can’t believe we loan a player to a club we will be battling against in the bottom 6 and possible relegation battle. Whilst he’s generally been poor with us he might click and be a standout for them.

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2023, 11:36 AM
Lewis might not be that creative in possession but he is one of teh best in the team at keeping the ball and playing simple passes, he also has one of the best first touches. Big Daz would be a player who I would say was poor in possession but similar to Kenneh he was excellent when we didn't have the ball. Marv was nowhere near as bad on the ball as made out by some but like Lewis he wasn't very creative. He kept it simple and gave it to the more forward thinking players. Room for different types of players in all teams. Kenneh was careless on the ball a number of times and it cost us goals. There seemed to be a lack of awareness and I think the move, if he gets game time, will be good for him, RC and us.

Lewis has 2 moves. Hoof forward or back to Hanlon. He's always done better when midfield helps him.

loanheadhibby
13-01-2023, 11:38 AM

They must have something lined up on player/s coming in. If we don’t strengthen, then it’s insanity letting him go.

Part of me sees this as a positive that LJ does not think this guy is good enough. Maybe Lee is getting his way with players coming in and going out.

6 months playing every week for Ross County will let LJ gauge if he has a future at Hibs.

Stubbsy90+2
13-01-2023, 12:05 PM
Tend to agree the timing is strange unless someone coming in the door. Newell and possibly Kyle out for Derby we are very light in there

Have I missed something? Is Magennis injured again?

jeffers
13-01-2023, 12:06 PM
Would have kept him, raw but has promise in the role he’s been asked to perform. The money we are paying players who aren’t getting a game is absolutely mental.

Smartie
13-01-2023, 12:37 PM
Lewis has 2 moves. Hoof forward or back to Hanlon. He's always done better when midfield helps him.

His biggest weakness for me is that he's never backed himself when taking a man on, when I think he's had the capability to do it (from time to time).

As you say, that's left him with the options of lump up the park or turn back and give it to Hanlon when the midfield haven't been interested, capable or in position to help him out. Which - to be perfectly honest - has been a bit too often during his time with us.

He's actually very good in possession when he's got enough going on around him and has looked at his best in our best teams.

Smartie
13-01-2023, 12:38 PM
Can’t believe we loan a player to a club we will be battling against in the bottom 6 and possible relegation battle. Whilst he’s generally been poor with us he might click and be a standout for them.

I can only imagine that this departure is integral to being able to bring in a player / players who Johnson would want to put straight into the team.

Makes no sense otherwise.

LaMotta
13-01-2023, 12:39 PM
His biggest weakness for me is that he's never backed himself when taking a man on, when I think he's had the capability to do it (from time to time).

As you say, that's left him with the options of lump up the park or turn back and give it to Hanlon when the midfield haven't been interested, capable or in position to help him out. Which - to be perfectly honest - has been a bit too often during his time with us.

He's actually very good in possession when he's got enough going on around him and has looked at his best in our best teams.

He's also quite good at finding a strikers feet with the ball on the ground from left back/left mid position.

SickBoy32
13-01-2023, 12:40 PM
Would have kept him, raw but has promise in the role he’s been asked to perform. The money we are paying players who aren’t getting a game is absolutely mental.

Interesting comment - are you at liberty to put some names against this ?

Would be frightening to see I imagine

LaMotta
13-01-2023, 12:41 PM

Or we free up some wages and spend them on someone who will be better than generally poor?

Spike Mandela
13-01-2023, 12:51 PM
Clubs loan out young players all the time to help their development. Plenty of time left in his Hibs contract to make an impact in our first team. Patience.

Brightside
13-01-2023, 12:57 PM
Or we free up some wages and spend them on someone who will be better than generally poor?

Lets hope we do have someone coming in, otherwise we are now criminally short in the DM area but I'm sure LJ will just keep playing Centre Backs in there instead.

jeffers
13-01-2023, 12:57 PM
Interesting comment - are you at liberty to put some names against this ?

Would be frightening to see I imagine

I’ve posted before I won’t come on a MB and say a specific wage that someone is on, I wouldn’t like it if my wages were spread across the internet. Figures I have heard though for guys like Kenneh (and has previously been mentioned Tavares) are a lot in our terms. Then when you take into consideration the impact they are making, or more accurately the lack of impact, it is indeed frightening. I’m not surprised we are looking to move players on, even if just on loan.

LunasBoots
13-01-2023, 12:59 PM
Slowly going back to the last midfield that got the last 2 managers the sack, good times returning again 🙄

LunasBoots
13-01-2023, 01:01 PM
I can only imagine that this departure is integral to being able to bring in a player / players who Johnson would want to put straight into the team.

Makes no sense otherwise.

Well let's hope so, big game this weekend and then a chance to put Hearts out next weekend, I'm hoping business is done before that and these players are people who can go straight in, instead of righting of next week before it's began.

LaMotta
13-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Lets hope we do have someone coming in, otherwise we are now criminally short in the DM area but I'm sure LJ will just keep playing Centre Backs in there instead.

It's a sign of how little the Mgmt team rated Kenneh. Given that Porto is all but away, there has to be a plan to get someone in.

SickBoy32
13-01-2023, 01:04 PM
I’ve posted before I won’t come on a MB and say a specific wage that someone is on, I wouldn’t like it if my wages were spread across the internet. Figures I have heard though for guys like Kenneh (and has previously been mentioned Tavares) are a lot in our terms. Then when you take into consideration the impact they are making, or more accurately the lack of impact, it is indeed frightening. I’m not surprised we are looking to move players on, even if just on loan.

Appreciate that mate - wasn't after specific figures was just to get a feel for the players you were maybe referring to

I did think it may have been the likes of Tavares, Kenneh, Melkersen etc - who as you say are all offering next to nothing

Scary stuff that our execs thought this was the way to go

DH1875
13-01-2023, 02:02 PM
Didn't see that coming as defo thing there is a player in there. That aside, Ross County is a surprise as would have thought he would have gone down south with so many clubs being after him when we signed him.

The_Exile
13-01-2023, 02:16 PM

Remember when we had the golden generation coming through? Ian Murray was 18 when he made his debut, took him a while to get going but he got consistent minutes (as in, full games and not 10-15 minutes here and there with absolutely no hope to have an influence on the game) and it helped him. The abuse he got from our own fans though was an utter disgrace.

We have always had a problem with sections of the support turning against our own at a very young age. See if it was me coming through now? I would have a decision to make on where to play football if I had options and Hibs were one of them, unless I was allowed to go out on loan for 2 or 3 years. Not every young guy will have thick enough skin to cope with being written off as a teenager by their own clubs fans.

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Slowly going back to the last midfield that got the last 2 managers the sack, good times returning again 🙄

You think Shaun Maloney got sacked because of our midfield? Good lord.

JimBHibees
13-01-2023, 03:16 PM
Have I missed something? Is Magennis injured again?

Not been confirmed some chat that we had a few niggles from Motherwell and he seemed to be one who came off against them limping. Hopefully he is fine tomorrow

BILLYHIBS
13-01-2023, 03:36 PM

Kenneh had fifty pence feet Marv was better on the ball in tight situations than given credit for Marv was also an experienced pro and knew when to lean on opposition players Kenneh couldn’t lean on a door needs to toughen up and fast or see himself tumble down the leagues

Interesting that you do not think that the current midfield did not get two Managers the sack I would say they are going for a hat-trick

Happy New Year :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2023, 03:57 PM
Kenneh had fifty pence feet Marv was better on the ball in tight situations than given credit for Marv was also an experienced pro and knew when to lean on opposition players Kenneh couldn’t lean on a door needs to toughen up and fast or see himself tumble down the leagues

Interesting that you do not think that the current midfield did not get two Managers the sack I would say they are going for a hat-trick

Needs to toughen up :faf:

BILLYHIBS
13-01-2023, 04:03 PM
Needs to toughen up :faf:

Just getting brushed aside in the SPFL his passing against United and Celtic was horrendous almost looked as though he was nervous

Does he have the mental toughness as well as physical for our level ?

There must be a reason why he was hooked never to be seen again

I like the boy he has potential maybe a case of too much too soon

I will ask you again do you actually watch the games ?

Since452
13-01-2023, 04:04 PM

Don't think there's any chance of Kenneh tumbling down the leagues. He has the potential to be way better than Bartley was. I was initially surprised to hear we'd loaned him out but it does make sense. People forget he's only 19. Best way for him to learn is by playing regularly and I'm delighted it's at another Premiership club. Will bring him on massively.

BILLYHIBS
13-01-2023, 04:10 PM
Don't think there's any chance of Kenneh tumbling down the leagues. He has the potential to be way better than Bartley was. I was initially surprised to hear we'd loaned him out but it does make sense. People forget he's only 19. Best way for him to learn is by playing regularly and I'm delighted it's at another Premiership club. Will bring him on massively.

Already said I like him and happy to see him progress elsewhere

As it stands just now Bartley was the better player passer physicality and career.

He played for Burnley ffs

Probably the reason Porto got moved into midfield

supermcginn
13-01-2023, 04:46 PM

If he has as good a career as Bartley I'll be very surprised. Played loads of games for decent Bournemouth and Burnley sides under Eddie Howe and won a cup here with an excellent derby record too.

Hibs90
13-01-2023, 05:03 PM
It's a loan to get him games.

He will be back next season with hopefully more experience under his belt and ready to go.

CapitalGreen
13-01-2023, 05:14 PM
If he has as good a career as Bartley I'll be very surprised. Played loads of games for decent Bournemouth and Burnley sides under Eddie Howe and won a cup here with an excellent derby record too.

When Bartley was Kenneh’s age he was playing in the 6th tier of English Football (Conference South Region) for the team that finished 20th of 22.

Lancs Harp
13-01-2023, 05:19 PM

Its how I described him a little tongue in cheek to a mate who supports the Staggies "he's a sh11t Marvin Bartley" .. time for the lad to kick on but not impressed to date. Breaks play up well enough but a bit of a liability once hes got the ball. Think the game is too fast for him in Scotland.

supermcginn
13-01-2023, 05:25 PM
When Bartley was Kenneh’s age he was playing in the 6th tier of English Football (Conference South Region) for the team that finished 20th of 22.

And I'll still be amazed if kenneh has a better career. He's miles off it.

basehibby
13-01-2023, 05:49 PM
Incredible how short sighted some are on here - he's just turned 20 and has lots of time to improve. Already has a bunch of SPL games under his belt - in many of which he has played well and helped us pick up points. OK he has struggled in a couple of games - particularly vs Celtic - but lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

He will improve with experience and hopefully he will build some of that up in the next 4 or 5 months with RC.

The_Exile
13-01-2023, 06:02 PM
Incredible how short sighted some are on here - he's just turned 20 and has lots of time to improve. Already has a bunch of SPL games under his belt - in many of which he has played well and helped us pick up points. OK he has struggled in a couple of games - particularly vs Celtic - but lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

He will improve with experience and hopefully he will build some of that up in the next 4 or 5 months with RC.

You're pissing against the wind mate, some of our fans would have jobcentres full of teenagers because they're not Real Madrid ready within the year.

Here's a problem for the fans who cannot see past the need for instant gratification. One player, 19 years old, same coaches, same amount of game time, same amount and type of training. Only difference is one is encouraged when the form dips, and one is berated and told he's no good. Which one goes on to become the better player and worth more money to the club?

I dunno why I'm even bothering.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-01-2023, 06:11 PM
You're pissing against the wind mate, some of our fans would have jobcentres full of teenagers because they're not Real Madrid ready within the year.

Here's a problem for the fans who cannot see past the need for instant gratification. One player, 19 years old, same coaches, same amount of game time, same amount and type of training. Only difference is one is encouraged when the form dips, and one is berated and told he's no good. Which one goes on to become the better player and worth more money to the club?

Ah so its all down to us :rolleyes:

The_Exile
13-01-2023, 06:23 PM
Ah so its all down to us :rolleyes:

I'm not really referring to the fans, I'm referring to the entire football club. The fans are only 'heard' for 2 hours every week, and I'm going to assume players are sensible enough to steer clear of places like this.

I know we've spent a lot of money on the working environment for our players over the last 15 - 20 years though and there's been major failings on the only thing that matters, the football team on the park. But it's not as easy as going out and spending a million on transfers and wages and expecting things to be fixed. That's not how it works at our level and it never has. There's only two clubs in Scotland that can scratch that particular itch. We need to nurture our own and when we've got threads like this writing off a clearly promising football player for the club when they are (in my opinion) not getting enough game time to develop, on top of the fact the laddie is 19 years old, is absolutely beyond a joke.

gbhibby
13-01-2023, 06:28 PM
Would have preferred to let Henderson go before Kenneh

Nakedmanoncrack
13-01-2023, 06:35 PM
I'm not really referring to the fans, I'm referring to the entire football club. The fans are only 'heard' for 2 hours every week, and I'm going to assume players are sensible enough to steer clear of places like this.

I know we've spent a lot of money on the working environment for our players over the last 15 - 20 years though and there's been major failings on the only thing that matters, the football team on the park. But it's not as easy as going out and spending a million on transfers and wages and expecting things to be fixed. That's not how it works at our level and it never has. There's only two clubs in Scotland that can scratch that particular itch. We need to nurture our own and when we've got threads like this writing off a clearly promising football player for the club when they are (in my opinion) not getting enough game time to develop, on top of the fact the laddie is 19 years old, is absolutely beyond a joke.

You may rate him higher than others do, but whatever is said on here will have zero impact on his ability to carve out a career.
We indeed need to nurture promising players, we are all entitled to a view on whether any particular individual has shown promise.
Though, this one has certainly been one of the better/least bad of the recruits, the club has been pushing his 'stats' as one of the top midfielders in the country, but it turns out he is one of those being moved out, whether that becomes permanent or not remains to be seen. Would be great to have faith in those making these decisions, but that is something that needs to be earned, because those in charge of ins and outs currently have zero credibility in my view.

LaMotta
13-01-2023, 06:45 PM
Already said I like him and happy to see him progress elsewhere

As it stands just now Bartley was the better player passer physicality and career.

He played for Burnley ffs

Probably the reason Porto got moved into midfield

I'm in agreement with both of you based on what we have seen. He is young and there is a chance he could come good but if I had to put money on it I'd agree with you both.

Why do you have to be so condescending about people who have a different view from you? You are making out that anyone that doesnt think Kenneh will go into flourish at a high level in the game is totally clueless. There's every chance you two could be in the wrong here.

Not every footballer is going to make it to the heights of the game, of course if you've been at Leeds then you have potential, but Colin Murdoch at Man U & SLivka at Juventus prove that can mean very little in the grand scheme of things. I hope he does make it at Hibs but its hardly cut and dried at this stage that will be case.

bod
13-01-2023, 07:00 PM

Maybe Henderson doesn’t want to out on loan

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2023, 07:08 PM
Just getting brushed aside in the SPFL his passing against United and Celtic was horrendous almost looked as though he was nervous

Does he have the mental toughness as well as physical for our level ?

There must be a reason why he was hooked never to be seen again

I like the boy he has potential maybe a case of too much too soon

I will ask you again do you actually watch the games ?

I certainly do yes. Nothing wrong with Kenneh physically.

Ronniekirk
13-01-2023, 07:13 PM

Not sure he (Henderson)has done enough for another club to want him to be honest . He will be on a decent wage to, so our best.bet might a loan somewhere till the end of the season .
L J has started to bring him on more ,but still don’t see enough to suggest he is improving to the point he is an automatic starter.

BILLYHIBS
13-01-2023, 07:14 PM
I certainly do yes. Nothing wrong with Kenneh physically.

OK try this

Passing the ball twice to Celtic forwards on our 18 yard line at Parkhead is soccer suicide

Probably best to take him out of the group for a wee while

Not better than Bartley in my book but still hope for him

Ronniekirk
13-01-2023, 07:19 PM
Maybe Henderson doesn’t want to out on loan
He might not want to ,but have to assume if L J would rather he moved on he would have that conversation with him direct
He was stuck at Celtic for years hardly getting game time so it’s not in his career interests to be just getting on now and again as a sub

The_Exile
13-01-2023, 08:09 PM
You are making out that anyone that doesnt think Kenneh will go into flourish at a high level in the game is totally clueless.

That's absolutely not what I'm making out and not sure how you reached that conclusion? I don't know more about football than anybody else on this board and there will be a vast number of folk on here that know much more about coaching and development that I ever will. My frustration is purely down to fans that will not give players, with an emphasis on young players, any time whatsoever to develop and work on their weaknesses whilst playing first team football.

I have no clue if Kenneh will go on to be a great player at a higher level or an absolute bomb scare at amateur level, nobody can know that apart from the coaches that work with him every day and are tracking his development on a detailed level, I certainly have no idea if any of our young player will be any good at all. I'm not really focussing on Kenneh here, I would be saying the same for Melkerson, Youan, McKirdy, all the young guys that have come in to a new club, needing to settle into the area and a new routine, new training, new manager, new team mates, new everything, on top of not enough game time for any of them in my opinion. It's tough for all these young guys to come in and make an instant impact. They need to be managed properly and encouraged, not written off after a few months, although thankfully I see no evidence of the coaches doing that with, and sending Kenneh on loan to another premiership team is exactly what I would've done too.

Same with youth players that have been with us for a while. Remember Riordan, Brown, Thompson, O'Connor, Murray, Whittaker, Fletcher, they played first team football because we had no choice, remember how ropey that period was before Mowbray came in? And how much stick that team were getting from the stands? We finished 8th that season and we would've been dragged into a relegation battle if not for a good run of half a dozen games without defeat towards the end of that season. But then, what was the result of good management and a consistent run of games for all these talented but inconsistent players in a system they all felt comfrotable in after Mowabray came in? We ended up playing some of the best fitba any of us have seen from a Hibs team in god knows how long.

In relation to Kenneh, do you think 16 starts and 3 sub appearances (9 wins in his 19 appearances too by the way so I don't accept he's a liability like some are making out) in half a season for a 19/20 year old is enough time to say "not good enough, punt him"? What would've happened in 2004-05 season, and the next few seasons after that if we'd done that to the above mentioned players? I don't think 19 appearances is enough to know either way if the player is going to progress and become an asset, but IMO it's nowhere near enough time to write a player off, especially at that age.

I'm not trying to patronise anybody and none of this is revolutionary stuff that only the select few think about. I'm just absolutely fed up of every single player that comes through the door being written off before they've had a run of games, and I'm just especially fed up watching young players getting ripped up for arse paper.

TL/DR: None of us know what we're talking about, including me.

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2023, 08:44 PM
OK try this

Passing the ball twice to Celtic forwards on our 18 yard line at Parkhead is soccer suicide

That's much more reasonable.

No one said he was better than Marv btw.

cameronw-hfc
13-01-2023, 08:55 PM

Think folk forget just how limited a footballer Marv was, he was older and knew how to use the ability he did have, ie, win the ball and give it to the better players. Kenneh is a similar level footballer, just nowhere near intelligent /experienced. He'll be a fine ball winner as he progresses.

Is It On....
13-01-2023, 09:27 PM
I would have said he has been one of the better recent signing's with 19 appearances and 16 starts. Would have preferred us to loan Henderson to Ross County.

*just seen somebody posted something similar

PaulSmith
13-01-2023, 09:35 PM

Whilst probably not as scathing as that assessment there’s loads in there that I agree with.

Since452
13-01-2023, 09:35 PM
Think folk forget just how limited a footballer Marv was, he was older and knew how to use the ability he did have, ie, win the ball and give it to the better players. Kenneh is a similar level footballer, just nowhere near intelligent /experienced. He'll be a fine ball winner as he progresses.

Bartley has become a better player since he retired. He was a handy player to have in the side when we were trying to stop teams playing. When we were trying to force the issue it was a waste of time playing him. That's why he wanted to leave us because he wasn't getting enough game time.

WeeRussell
13-01-2023, 09:42 PM
Bartley has become a better player since he retired. He was a handy player to have in the side when we were trying to stop teams playing. When we were trying to force the issue it was a waste of time playing him. That's why he wanted to leave us because he wasn't getting enough game time.

I think we got rid too early and have never had anyone as good at his role in the team since.

I hadn’t remembered it being him wanting to leave due to lack of game time, but if that was the case it was a mistake. Another one by Lennon in favouring Mark Milligan maybe?

Brightside
13-01-2023, 10:20 PM
Our style of play doesn’t suit Kenneh. He’d have been great in a JR or Hecky team. The public get what the public want. Unfortunately that’s going to be 3-2 wins and 6-1 defeats.

BILLYHIBS
13-01-2023, 10:56 PM

‘You said ‘ Marv couldn’t pass the length of himself ‘ which I found to be a tad harsh

Underrated imho

I can still see the look of disappointment on Marv’s face as he was hooked to be replaced by a more
‘ gifted ‘ player knowing within himself he still had something more to offer and the looks of dread on the faces of all the jambos as he warmed up to come on

Usually always dropped for tactical reasons ???

Joking apart I thought Big Marv was totally outstanding in the 2016 League Cup Final driving us on and will forever be a Scottish Cup winning legend

As others have said if Kenneh has as good a career as Big Marv he has done well

I hope he does better in a Hibs shirt

We all want the same we want every player pulling on the green and white to do well

Going back to physicality why do you think LJ replaced him in midfield with Porto ?

Carheenlea
13-01-2023, 11:05 PM
Maybe Henderson is proving to be harder to move on if perhaps the main aim is to move him on in a permanent deal?

Kenneh may have moved to Ross Co on loan with assurances that he is very much in the longer term plan and this loan will be a good chance to get further experience under his belt.

Just guesswork, but I do still remain optimistic that Kenneh will grow into a pretty useful defensive midfielder for us.

BILLYHIBS
13-01-2023, 11:24 PM

Kenneh reminds me of Omeonga with his ability to nick the ball from the opposition

Gloucester Hibs
14-01-2023, 12:40 AM
Maybe Henderson is proving to be harder to move on if perhaps the main aim is to move him on in a permanent deal?

Kenneh may have moved to Ross Co on loan with assurances that he is very much in the longer term plan and this loan will be a good chance to get further experience under his belt.

Just guesswork, but I do still remain optimistic that Kenneh will grow into a pretty useful defensive midfielder for us.

A decent shout. There will be the list of players we are looking to move on or loan out, and we could all order them in terms of “pish/get rid” to “could do with a a loan spell” but the actual order they depart won’t be up to Hibs. Amazingly, the actual pish players may be trickier to get shot of

LaMotta
14-01-2023, 01:26 AM
That's absolutely not what I'm making out and not sure how you reached that conclusion? I don't know more about football than anybody else on this board and there will be a vast number of folk on here that know much more about coaching and development that I ever will. My frustration is purely down to fans that will not give players, with an emphasis on young players, any time whatsoever to develop and work on their weaknesses whilst playing first team football.

I have no clue if Kenneh will go on to be a great player at a higher level or an absolute bomb scare at amateur level, nobody can know that apart from the coaches that work with him every day and are tracking his development on a detailed level, I certainly have no idea if any of our young player will be any good at all. I'm not really focussing on Kenneh here, I would be saying the same for Melkerson, Youan, McKirdy, all the young guys that have come in to a new club, needing to settle into the area and a new routine, new training, new manager, new team mates, new everything, on top of not enough game time for any of them in my opinion. It's tough for all these young guys to come in and make an instant impact. They need to be managed properly and encouraged, not written off after a few months, although thankfully I see no evidence of the coaches doing that with, and sending Kenneh on loan to another premiership team is exactly what I would've done too.

Same with youth players that have been with us for a while. Remember Riordan, Brown, Thompson, O'Connor, Murray, Whittaker, Fletcher, they played first team football because we had no choice, remember how ropey that period was before Mowbray came in? And how much stick that team were getting from the stands? We finished 8th that season and we would've been dragged into a relegation battle if not for a good run of half a dozen games without defeat towards the end of that season. But then, what was the result of good management and a consistent run of games for all these talented but inconsistent players in a system they all felt comfrotable in after Mowabray came in? We ended up playing some of the best fitba any of us have seen from a Hibs team in god knows how long.

In relation to Kenneh, do you think 16 starts and 3 sub appearances (9 wins in his 19 appearances too by the way so I don't accept he's a liability like some are making out) in half a season for a 19/20 year old is enough time to say "not good enough, punt him"? What would've happened in 2004-05 season, and the next few seasons after that if we'd done that to the above mentioned players? I don't think 19 appearances is enough to know either way if the player is going to progress and become an asset, but IMO it's nowhere near enough time to write a player off, especially at that age.

I'm not trying to patronise anybody and none of this is revolutionary stuff that only the select few think about. I'm just absolutely fed up of every single player that comes through the door being written off before they've had a run of games, and I'm just especially fed up watching young players getting ripped up for arse paper.

TL/DR: None of us know what we're talking about, including me.

The two posts I quoted are quite extreme IMO in having a go at fans who dont particularly rate Kenneh based on evidence so far. Stand by that.

That said your post above is entirely fair and I can't disagree with that mate.:aok:

LaMotta
14-01-2023, 01:38 AM
I think we got rid too early and have never had anyone as good at his role in the team since.

I hadn’t remembered it being him wanting to leave due to lack of game time, but if that was the case it was a mistake. Another one by Lennon in favouring Mark Milligan maybe?

Some serious underrating of Marvin Clement Bartley from some people on this thread IMO. Absolutely phenomenal in derbies. And a decent passer too.

hibsbollah
14-01-2023, 06:48 AM
A decent shout. There will be the list of players we are looking to move on or loan out, and we could all order them in terms of “pish/get rid” to “could do with a a loan spell” but the actual order they depart won’t be up to Hibs. Amazingly, the actual pish players may be trickier to get shot of

:agree: What other team is going to want to put Henderson into their lineup on current form? Even scouts from small clubs far more knowledgeable than folk on here will have looked him up and down. A lightweight, undersized, timid midfielder with a lack of drive who doesnt score goals or keep possession well, with his confidence clearly shot, in January, on loan, as the pitches deteriorate? I just cant see it.

Brightside
14-01-2023, 07:07 AM
OK try this

Like what moreles did? 😂. Ffs we have players giving the ball away about 10 times a game in our squad and they still play every week. Good to see that Bartley is now being held up as some DM masterclass just coz he had a couple of good derbies. Kenneh is the best we have for winning the ball back on midfield. That isn’t up for debate. LJ doesn’t see that as important so if we let in 3 tomorrow don’t blame the players. The system is poor.

Heisenberg
14-01-2023, 07:16 AM
Like what moreles did? 😂. Ffs we have players giving the ball away about 10 times a game in our squad and they still play every week. Good to see that Bartley is now being held up as some DM masterclass just coz he had a couple of good derbies. Kenneh is the best we have for winning the ball back on midfield. That isn’t up for debate. LJ doesn’t see that as important so if we let in 3 tomorrow don’t blame the players. The system is poor.

We let in four at Aberdeen with Kenneh in the midfield…

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2023, 07:23 AM
Like what moreles did? ��. Ffs we have players giving the ball away about 10 times a game in our squad and they still play every week. Good to see that Bartley is now being held up as some DM masterclass just coz he had a couple of good derbies. Kenneh is the best we have for winning the ball back on midfield. That isn’t up for debate. LJ doesn’t see that as important so if we let in 3 tomorrow don’t blame the players. The system is poor.

LJ sees the players day in day out we have to trust his judgment

How many times was Kenneh hooked for playing poorly ?

Bartley’s career doesn’t stand up to scrutiny

Usually subbed for tactical reasons

I cannot remember the Bartman having a bad game

No doubting his desire commitment and professionalism

The worst recent example of Hibs giving the ball away was the recent 0-4 v Celtic

F#+king embarrassing Celtic were winning the ball back within seconds

I posted recently that Joe Newell gave the ball away 17 times at home v St Johnstone

Unacceptable

Amateur Hour

Allant1981
14-01-2023, 07:24 AM

kenneh isn't as good as you seem to think he is and this has been proven many times by either being dropped or subbed off early due to being poor on the park, if he was as good as you seem to think(best signing we have made in the summer was your thinking) then this loan signing wouldn't have happened

Allant1981
14-01-2023, 07:26 AM

You are fighting a losing battle with some posters, kenneh at this moment in time is not good enough to improve us but some can't seem to see this

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2023, 07:31 AM
You are fighting a losing battle with some posters, kenneh at this moment in time is not good enough to improve us but some can't seem to see this

Thanks pal !

I repeat I like him

Still a bit raw has potential

Needs nurturing

Allant1981
14-01-2023, 07:42 AM
Thanks pal !

I repeat I like him

Still a bit raw has potential

Needs nurturing

Yip he definitely has potential but we need experience in that position just now, hopefully gets a run of games at County and comes back ready to improve our midfield

supermcginn
14-01-2023, 07:43 AM

You are just extremely defensive about Kenneh because you told everyone on here your mates at the training centre couldn't believe we managed to sign him and you said he would be player of the season. You never liked Bartley, 2 decent derbies is more than some of the squad, even ones that have been here for years. At least he managed to win some!

Brightside
14-01-2023, 07:43 AM
kenneh isn't as good as you seem to think he is and this has been proven many times by either being dropped or subbed off early due to being poor on the park, if he was as good as you seem to think(best signing we have made in the summer was your thinking) then this loan signing wouldn't have happened

Personally I think our management team are clueless. But if we replace him with better I’ll be happy. As we surely aren’t going to go the rest of the season without any defensive midfielders.

Bridge hibs
14-01-2023, 07:44 AM
Personally I think our management team are clueless. But if we replace him with better I’ll be happy. As we surely aren’t going to go the rest of the season without any defensive midfielders.

Probably play JDH in there

Brightside
14-01-2023, 07:46 AM
You do know it is possible to debate a player without being personal about the poster? It just make .net a bit more approachable. “My mates at the training centre”. What even is this pish.

supermcginn
14-01-2023, 07:46 AM
You do know it is possible to debate a player without being personal about the poster? It just make .net a bit more approachable. “My mates at the training centre”. What even is this pish.

Sounds like the truth hurts. You forever call people on here stupid or that they nothing about football. Take some of your own medicine.

Brightside
14-01-2023, 07:47 AM
Sounds like the truth hurts.

It sounds like you debate like a 12 year old boy.

Since452
14-01-2023, 07:47 AM

Marv definitely forced the move. Didn't want to stay.

Allant1981
14-01-2023, 07:59 AM

You can have your opinion on them but they are more qualified than anyone on this board including you or i, they see him every day in training and games and have seen what many fans have seen, that he simply isn't good enough to make us better. He may well have had 2 or 3 decent games but for me and people I've been talking to about him we all agree it's been the correct decision to loan him out

tamig
14-01-2023, 08:27 AM

The worst recent example of Hibs giving the ball away was the recent 0-4 v Celtic

F#+king embarrassing Celtic were winning the ball back within seconds

I posted recently that Joe Newell gave the ball away 17 times at home v St Johnstone

Unacceptable

Amateur Hour
I liked big Marv. He had some absolute shockers though. Especially towards the end of his time with us. Maybe you missed all those games though.

CallumHibs07
14-01-2023, 08:32 AM
Kenneh is worse on the ball than Alex Gogic, says it all

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2023, 08:52 AM
I liked big Marv. He had some absolute shockers though. Especially towards the end of his time with us. Maybe you missed all those games though.
Possibly

Lenny didn’t fancy him that is for sure

Big Marv obviously thought he should be playing and that is why he left

Hat is off to him could have sat tight picked up the big bucks only playing against the Hearts

It is a short career

I liked him and a few posters on here agree

Not as good as the all time master in that role Matty Jack

When it comes to passing a ball the best I have seen is Alex Edwards

Absolutely outstanding beyond compare

Edit :

In his last eleven appearances Big Marv came on as a sub 10 times probably tells a story

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2023, 09:06 AM
I would have said he has been one of the better recent signing's with 19 appearances and 16 starts. Would have preferred us to loan Henderson to Ross County.

*just seen somebody posted something similar
Slight problem that i can see there, why would any team who are struggling at the bottom of the league and fighting for survival want to sign Henderson?

LaMotta
14-01-2023, 09:13 AM

You just laughed at another person's post, then mocked an accurate post highlighting Bartleys' excellent performances in derbies, and then made another statement and said that nobody can debate against that point.

Beyond parody.

Brightside
14-01-2023, 09:26 AM
You just laughed at another person's post, then mocked an accurate post highlighting Bartleys' excellent performances in derbies, and then made another statement and said that nobody can debate against that point.

Beyond parody.

No bother. I’m out.

Hibbyradge
14-01-2023, 09:34 AM
It sounds like you debate like a 12 year old boy.

"Is it possible to debate without getting personal?"

Brightside
14-01-2023, 09:36 AM
"Is it possible to debate without getting personal?"

Yes poor of me to get dragged down to the level. I’ll leave others to it.

HNA11
14-01-2023, 11:31 AM
If we could try and keep this civil it would be much appreciated. We're all adults so let's try and avoid getting involved in name calling and the like.

It would also be appreciated if people avoided unveiling people's 'real' identities if it's not something they want made public.

Scotty Leither
14-01-2023, 12:04 PM
Ron Gordon and Johhson both spoke about the need to sign a "Number 6".

The recruitment team then served us up a raw laddie who had never played first team football for that role, probably because he was cheap.

He's drifted out the first team and is now on loan, with no sign of a replacement being brought in, and the CEO talking about this window being all about the "outs".

I do wish the club would stop taking the piss, it's beginning to grate.

DH1875
14-01-2023, 12:24 PM

The recruitment team then served us up a raw laddie who had never played first team football for that role, probably because he was cheap.

He's drifted out the first team and is now on loan, with no sign of a replacement being brought in, and the CEO talking about this window being all about the "outs".

Was he cheap? Given we are supposed to have signed him ahead of a load of clubs I'm guessing we've signed him on a decent wage.

Iain G
14-01-2023, 12:29 PM

You are misquoting Ben for your own ends, he didn't say this window being all about the outs at all.

Smartie
14-01-2023, 12:33 PM
Was he cheap? Given we are supposed to have signed him ahead of a load of clubs I'm guessing we've signed him on a decent wage.

He arrived with decent pedigree (if not experience) and I’d be amazed if he wasn’t at the very top of our wage structure.

I had no problem with the signing. The “Players falling just short of breaking through at a very high level” market is somewhere I’m happy to see Hibs chance their arm tbh although yes, we’ll need a few hairy arsed old pro types to play alongside them.

Iain G
14-01-2023, 12:40 PM
He arrived with decent pedigree (if not experience) and I’d be amazed if he wasn’t at the very top of our wage structure.

I had no problem with the signing. The “Players falling just short of breaking through at a very high level” market is somewhere I’m happy to see Hibs chance their arm tbh although yes, we’ll need a few hairy arsed old pro types to play alongside them.

Trust Hibs to have a plan for the players, he is raw and not experienced playing at this level but there is a player there who will grow with game time, and maybe being away from the critical eye of the Hibs support will help his confidence.

Scotty Leither
14-01-2023, 12:43 PM
You are misquoting Ben for your own ends, he didn't say this window being all about the outs at all.

From Kensell's statement on the 10th of January:

"As the Manager has stated publicly, we have to trim our squad, so we’re focused on outs."

Iain G
14-01-2023, 12:49 PM
From Kensell's statement on the 10th of January:

"As the Manager has stated publicly, we have to trim our squad, so we’re focused on outs."

You should watch the interview with him then as that wasn't all he said.

Is It On....
14-01-2023, 12:54 PM
Slight problem that i can see there, why would any team who are struggling at the bottom of the league and fighting for survival want to sign Henderson?

That was indeed the "slight flaw" in my arguement 😂😂

Scotty Leither
14-01-2023, 12:59 PM
You should watch the interview with him then as that wasn't all he said.

Go on then, enlighten me...as so far his actions have backed up his words (in whatever medium he expressed them) as all we've had is "outs".

Meantime our opponents in this fortcoming cup tie have brought in players in areas where they're short, and as usual are gearing up for this game in a manner we never do.

Iain G
14-01-2023, 01:09 PM
Go on then, enlighten me...as so far his actions have backed up his words (in whatever medium he expressed them) as all we've had is "outs".

Meantime our opponents in this fortcoming cup tie have brought in players in areas where they're short, and as usual are gearing up for this game in a manner we never do.

You could just watch the thing! I'm not your mother 🤣

https://youtu.be/_5NSrEmU61E

Scotty Leither
14-01-2023, 01:14 PM
You could just watch the thing! I'm not your mother 🤣

Nah i'll not bother, thanks pal.

You could Just look at the "quality" of our bench today in between your hilarious comebacks, or writing deluded homages to our CEO.

Or you could just keep your heid in the sand.

Iain G
14-01-2023, 01:17 PM
Nah i'll not bother, thanks pal.

You could Just look at the "quality" of our bench today in between your hilarious comebacks, or writing deluded homages to our CEO.

Or you could just keep your heid in the sand.

Or you can keep your head in the sand to support your negative pish and not bother to give Hibs a fair shot. It's pathetic.

And am no big fan of Ben the Spiv but am willing to actually listen to and understand what he is saying.

HendoDelivered
14-01-2023, 01:17 PM
Starts on the bench today for RC

Scotty Leither
14-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Or you can keep your head in the sand to support your negative pish and not bother to give Hibs a fair shot. It's pathetic.

OOOH touchy...

Really? 22 players brought in and the usual tombola selection with players dropping in and out of the squad and a subs' bench today that is frankly laughable.

Not me with my heid in the sand, pal.

HNA8
14-01-2023, 01:23 PM
Can we cut out the personal insults please?

Iain G
14-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Starts on the bench today for RC

Good! I hope he does well.

Callum_62
14-01-2023, 01:33 PM
OOOH touchy...

Really? 22 players brought in and the usual tombola selection with players dropping in and out of the squad and a subs' bench today that is frankly laughable.

Not me with my heid in the sand, pal.Who dropped in and out unexpectedly?

The names I see are pretty much what I'd expect?

Scotty Leither
14-01-2023, 01:56 PM
Who dropped in and out unexpectedly?

The names I see are pretty much what I'd expect?

Fish. JDH, on the brink of a transfer last week, now back in squad.

Callum_62
14-01-2023, 01:57 PM
Fish. JDH, on the brink of a transfer last week, now back in squad.Hasnt fish been in most squads?

Yep, JDH transfer fell through and he's a reasonable midfielder (would've easily been in our squad outwith injury)

No idea why any of them are a surprise?

Heisenberg
21-01-2023, 06:18 PM
Taken off at half time today. Unsure if he was injured or just not very good.

Tyler Durden
21-01-2023, 07:11 PM
Taken off at half time today. Unsure if he was injured or just not very good.

Or they realised they shouldn’t need a defensive midfielder against the worst team in the Championship

LaMotta
23-01-2023, 01:24 PM
Liking Hearts team line ups on Twitter and their celebrations as well. Well if there was any doubt before, we can safely say he'll never play for the club again.

Which can only be a good thing given how poor a player he is. Absolute shambles we have signed a guy like that on a 3 year deal.

There was someone on this thread adamant he'll go right to the top - I look forward to his career inevitably plumetting down the footballing pyramid.

DarrenSQH
23-01-2023, 01:42 PM
What goes through his mind to sit and like tweets of hearts celebrating yesterday.

Hopefully county keep him

McGruber
23-01-2023, 01:44 PM
What goes through his mind to sit and like tweets of hearts celebrating yesterday.

Hopefully county keep him

Hacked account apparently

CL0762
23-01-2023, 01:45 PM
Hacked yet still managed to like loads of Arsenal stuff in amongst 2 tweets from Hearts, 1 celebrating their win.

Complete loser.

Vault Boy
23-01-2023, 01:50 PM
Pretty sure Twitter will email you if there’s login from a new device, or indeed from an unusual location. So that should be nice and simple for Nohan to prove. Providing that it’s actually true.

SickBoy32
23-01-2023, 01:50 PM

Awfy coincidental timing for a no mark to be getting hacked :rolleyes:

***** anyway, bin

SaulGoodman
23-01-2023, 01:54 PM

“Hello, I’m a jambo and want to cause some trouble today, think I might hack into a Hibs players twitter..

Now who do I go for? Ahh let’s choose this obscure 20 year old that’s played 15 games for them and is out on loan at Ross county, should I send out a tweet? Nah I’m going to like two Hearts tweets, time to log out and grab a coffee”

Stuart93
23-01-2023, 01:59 PM
Get him ****ing binned

Hacked my arse

The majority of these group of players just don’t get it

Hibernian Verse
23-01-2023, 02:03 PM
Get him ****ing binned

Hacked my arse

The majority of these group of players just don’t get it

It's his own career he's toying with. Stupid wee laddie.

23-01-2023, 02:06 PM
“Hello, I’m a jambo and want to cause some trouble today, think I might hack into a Hibs players twitter..

Now who do I go for? Ahh let’s choose this obscure 20 year old that’s played 15 games for them and is out on loan at Ross county, should I send out a tweet? Nah I’m going to like two Hearts tweets, time to log out and grab a coffee”

Or "I'm a Jambo supporting player who doesn't want him in our squad so will have a laugh with his phone he's left lying about"

Since452
23-01-2023, 02:08 PM
If that's the case then maybe you can see why he was sent to Dingwall. All the blame has been placed on the manager up to this point. Maybe the player has an attitude problem?

hibsbollah
23-01-2023, 02:09 PM
Disrespectful bassa :grr:
Lets send him on loan as far away as possible, Dingwall or somewhere...

Wait...

HTD1875
23-01-2023, 02:09 PM
Or they realised they shouldn’t need a defensive midfielder against the worst team in the Championship

Was replaced by another defensive midfielder, he’s been found out up there already. Not surprised.

Stubbsy90+2
23-01-2023, 02:10 PM
Absolutely **** football player and absolutely **** guy.

LaMotta
23-01-2023, 02:12 PM
Was replaced by another defensive midfielder, he’s been found out up there already. Not surprised.

Struggling against the worst Hamilton Accies team in decades. Not an endorsement.

JimBHibees
23-01-2023, 02:17 PM
Or "I'm a Jambo supporting player who doesn't want him in our squad so will have a laugh with his phone he's left lying about"

Possible that happened a few jambos at Ross county

Logie
23-01-2023, 02:18 PM
Get him binned. Gross misconduct, unforgivable.

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2023, 02:28 PM
Absolutely unforgivable thing for a Hibs player to do.

23-01-2023, 02:29 PM
Absolutely unforgivable thing for a Hibs player to do.

If it was him that did it.

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2023, 02:32 PM
If it was him that did it.

Of course it was him. Absolute rubbish about being hacked. Easiest thing ever to prove.

23-01-2023, 02:37 PM
Of course it was him. Absolute rubbish about being hacked. Easiest thing ever to prove.

Not if someone's done it on your phone when you weren't there.

hibsbollah
23-01-2023, 02:38 PM

I’ve seen kids mucking about on other peoples phones. It’s possible, easy to fire off before we’ve heard the full story (Reverse Bojang situation maybe?). I don’t know what his motivation would be to do something like that, he’s not going to benefit from it is he?

SaulGoodman
23-01-2023, 02:42 PM

Why would one of his teammate’s do that? They’re professional footballers.. they would know the consequences of it.

23-01-2023, 02:43 PM
I’ve seen kids mucking about on other peoples phones. It’s possible, easy to fire off before we’ve heard the full story (Reverse Bojang situation maybe?). I don’t know what his motivation would be to do something like that, he’s not going to benefit from it is he?

And footballers can behave like kids. Dressing room banter. After the McKirdy situation, even if the club didn't specifically sit them all down (which they should have done) and warn them to be very careful with what they post and like on social media, the players will have been away with what happened so should know not to be so stupid. That said, leaving your phone where someone else could do it is almost as stupid.

JamesHFC
23-01-2023, 02:43 PM

I'd put money on his phone being password protected or face recognition etc. Not buying the 'hacked' nonsense to like a couple of Hearts tweets. **** him.

23-01-2023, 02:49 PM
Why would one of his teammate’s do that? They’re professional footballers.. they would know the consequences of it.

If they don't like someone coming in that might take their place in the team. If they support Hearts and hate Hibs. If the opportunity was there and they thought it'd be a laugh. Do you think all footballers always act professionally and think about what the consequences might be?

hibsbollah
23-01-2023, 02:52 PM

Because people are erseholes.

SaulGoodman
23-01-2023, 02:56 PM
So we’re assuming Kenneh left his phone unlocked (who does that?) in the changing room up at Ross county where some Hearts fan that also plays for them and feels his place in the team is being threatened by Kenneh finds it, immediately takes the phone, goes onto twitter and likes two Hearts tweets before putting it back?

Also that would’ve been easier to explain by Kenneh if that’s what happened but he specifically said his account was “hacked” and he had just recovered his account. That’s not how you would say “someone took my phone”

23-01-2023, 02:57 PM
Because people are erseholes.

I don't know many of the Ross County squad but do know of 1 Jambo ersehole there. Maybe plays a similar position too. Could be a coincidence I suppose.

hibsbollah
23-01-2023, 02:58 PM
So we’re assuming Kenneh left his phone unlocked (who does that?) in the changing room up at Ross county where some Hearts fan that also plays for them and feels his place in the team is being threatened by Kenneh finds it, immediately takes the phone, goes onto twitter and likes two Hearts tweets before putting it back?

Also that would’ve been easier to explain by Kenneh if that’s what happened but he specifically said his account was “hacked” and he had just recovered his account. That’s not how you would say “someone took my phone”

NOT making assumptions at all, that’s the whole point.

SaulGoodman
23-01-2023, 02:59 PM
NOT making assumptions at all, that’s the whole point.

So if we’re not making assumptions we’re taking Kenneh’s word that he was hacked by someone that’s sole purpose was to like a couple hearts tweets on his account?

HendoDelivered
23-01-2023, 03:00 PM
I’ll reserve my judgement on this for now.

Not In The Know
23-01-2023, 03:00 PM

He could have had twitter open on his laptop.

Hibby70
23-01-2023, 03:04 PM
I couldn't care less, he won't play for us again anyway.

hibsbollah
23-01-2023, 03:05 PM
So if we’re not making assumptions we’re taking Kenneh’s word that he was hacked by someone that’s sole purpose was to like a couple hearts tweets on his account?

Maybe he misspoke? Phone hacked/phone nicked?
At this point I just don’t find it all that interesting. Sounds like so many daft conversations schoolgirls have on the top deck of the bus at 4:30pm.

Since452
23-01-2023, 03:06 PM
Up there with "the dog ate my homework" in ***** excuses. His phone didn't get hacked lets be honest. He's in the huff that for whatever reason LJ has sent him up to Dingwall. Coming across as a daft wee laddie and he's putting his career at risk. He's young and we all make mistakes at that age so he needs to own it and man up a bit and come back better.

Diclonius
23-01-2023, 03:07 PM
That'll be his Hibs career over then. Bye!

23-01-2023, 03:13 PM

Wasn't assuming it, just said something like that was a possibility. Unless he was told someone had done it on his phone then he might not have thought of that and thought it must have been hacked.

I prefer not to automatically assume someone is guilty.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2023, 03:22 PM
Wasn't assuming it, just said something like that was a possibility. Unless he was told someone had done it on his phone then he might not have thought of that and thought it must have been hacked.

I prefer not to automatically assume someone is guilty.

I seem to be in a minority on Hibs net because I prefer to believe the best about our players.

WhileTheChief..
23-01-2023, 04:01 PM
Said at the time the loan to Ross Co was our way of getting rid.

Absolutely nothing to do with us trying to develop him. Another failure, but at least it's been recognised.

Shrekko
23-01-2023, 04:03 PM

I seem to be in a minority on Hibs net because I prefer to believe the best about our players.

I do too but this doesn’t look good at all.

Really can’t imagine his account being “hacked” for this purpose. Also don’t buy into the theory that a Jambo/disgruntled team-mate may have taken his phone etc- really massively doubt that. Too much potential trouble for somebody to be that stupid.

Anyone who believes an out of favour player quite often wants his club to lose is being naive - but keep it to yourself … and certainly don’t publicly show your delight at us losing a derby. Awful behaviour if that’s what he’s done.

Renfrew_Hibby
23-01-2023, 04:26 PM
Is this geezer going to be the 'Matt Doerty' figure of this current car crash period verses the 2010-14 car crash period?

Ron D Hibbie
23-01-2023, 04:34 PM
I don't know many of the Ross County squad but do know of 1 Jambo ersehole there. Maybe plays a similar position too. Could be a coincidence I suppose.

Callachan.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2023, 04:38 PM
I do too but this doesn’t look good at all.

Really can’t imagine his account being “hacked” for this purpose. Also don’t buy into the theory that a Jambo/disgruntled team-mate may have taken his phone etc- really massively doubt that. Too much potential trouble for somebody to be that stupid.

Anyone who believes an out of favour player quite often wants his club to lose is being naive - but keep it to yourself … and certainly don’t publicly show your delight at us losing a derby. Awful behaviour if that’s what he’s done.

I don't believe he did.

JimBHibees
23-01-2023, 04:38 PM
Callachan.

Jordan White, Connor Randall.

nickwhibs
23-01-2023, 04:41 PM
At this point I just don’t find it all that interesting. Sounds like so many daft conversations schoolgirls have on the top deck of the bus at 4:30pm.

Exactly

Hibbyradge
23-01-2023, 05:04 PM

Do you often eavesdrop schoolgirls' conversations on buses?

Tbh, I thought you'd usually still be working at 4.30pm through the week.

Lester B
23-01-2023, 05:09 PM
Get him binned. Gross misconduct, unforgivable.

This was said on another thread too. It’s not gross misconduct. It’s dumb in the extreme but it’s definitely not gross misconduct

hibsbollah
23-01-2023, 05:10 PM
Do you often eavesdrop schoolgirls' conversations on buses?

Tbh, I thought you'd usually still be working at 4.30pm through the week.

I am now concerned that you know what i do for a living:greengrin:nerd:
I like sitting on the top deck, you get a better view of the city. Its not really eavesdropping, its more like trying to shield your ears from their piercing shrieks to be honest.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2023, 05:11 PM
I am now concerned that you know what i do for a living:greengrin:nerd:
I like sitting on the top deck, you get a better view of the city. Its not really eavesdropping, its more like trying to shield your ears from their piercing shrieks to be honest.

Pfft

hibsbollah
23-01-2023, 05:12 PM
Pfft

yes, that happens on the top deck a fair bit too.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2023, 05:14 PM
yes, that happens on the top deck a fair bit too.

:greengrin

500miles
23-01-2023, 05:28 PM
Could Callachan have got a hold of his phone and been a bit naughty? Aye.

Could he be pissed off that he's been sent to the middle of nowhere after upping sticks from home in the belief he was going to a club in Edinburgh? Also aye.