PDA

View Full Version : Unlikely but...

Liberal Hibby
06-01-2023, 07:58 PM
...with Leeds playing in the FA cup on Sunday at 2pm on ITV - are there going to be any pubs in and around York with the Hibs game on?

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-01-2023, 11:50 AM
I'm sure that The Windmill on Blossom Street has more than 1 box, might be worth giving them a shout, decent pub too.

Liberal Hibby
07-01-2023, 11:56 AM
I'm sure that The Windmill on Blossom Street has more than 1 box, might be worth giving them a shout, decent pub too.

Thanks will investigate...

Moulin Yarns
07-01-2023, 12:04 PM
Thanks will investigate...

Also worth trying the Priory on Micklegate, they have a few tellies.

Hibbyradge
07-01-2023, 12:18 PM
...with Leeds playing in the FA cup on Sunday at 2pm on ITV - are there going to be any pubs in and around York with the Hibs game on?

It'll almost definitely be on in a pub called The Micklegate at 127. I've watched several games in there, but worth giving them a call to confirm although they do have 3 Sky boxes.

It's very central and only a 5 minute walk from the station. The Leeds game is on ITV so there might be fewer people heading to the pubs to watch it.

Where are you staying in York?

son of haggart
07-01-2023, 01:52 PM
The White Horse in Bootham used to be the venue York Hearts watched games at - had 3 screens if I recall correctly

Get yourself up to Birnam next time you are up for a beer and a catch up

Liberal Hibby
07-01-2023, 06:34 PM
It'll almost definitely be on in a pub called The Micklegate at 127. I've watched several games in there, but worth giving them a call to confirm although they do have 3 Sky boxes.

It's very central and only a 5 minute walk from the station. The Leeds game is on ITV so there might be fewer people heading to the pubs to watch it.

Where are you staying in York?

Now live in Helmsley, but it looks like I don't have the car tomorrow so don't think I'll be able to make it into York. If I can bear it I may just do a day subscription to Sky Sports.

Liberal Hibby
07-01-2023, 06:41 PM
The White Horse in Bootham used to be the venue York Hearts watched games at - had 3 screens if I recall correctly

Get yourself up to Birnam next time you are up for a beer and a catch up

Will do!