PDA

View Full Version : Decision Making and Incompetence

JCHibby
05-01-2023, 04:43 PM
So after taking in the shambles at the weekend my expectation was that we would either see:

a. A search for a new manger (not my preference)
b. Immediate moves in the transfer market addressing the obvious areas at central defence and central midfield.

To date we have seen nothing, now with the World Cup being played this surely gave our recruitment team the time to get the list prepped, get moving and ready to strike for targets as soon as this window opens.

Celtic, they do their business right at the start, every player they are bringing in can get in the first 11, no squad or bench player standard.

Hearts appear to have got a striker on loan from Newcastle, again acting early.

We can’t continue managing the club like this, get on the front foot improve this squad with leadership and character, otherwise this is going to be a very depressing season.

Hibernianrus
05-01-2023, 05:48 PM
It would be great if we could get the business done early , my feeling is we need to get a few out the building before we bring any more in. Johnson has quoted 10 which if we can get rid of this amount will surely free up a massive amount of cash . Scary to think what our wage bill must be at the moment . I’m sure we have a list but January is notoriously bad for getting quality in the door as if the players are decent then why would their current club let them leave. Best chance would be the ones that’s contracts are due to finish and we may get them for a nominal fee if they were already planning on signing under freedom of contract. We have such a bloated squad due to the fact we have changed managers so much in the last 18 months.

where'stheslope
06-01-2023, 02:40 PM
It would be great if we could get the business done early , my feeling is we need to get a few out the building before we bring any more in. Johnson has quoted 10 which if in the door as if the play we can get rid of this amount will surely free up a massive amount of cash . Scary to think what our wage bill must be at the moment . I’m sure we have a list but January is notoriously bad for getting qualityers are decent then why would their current club let them leave. Best chance would be the ones that’s contracts are due to finish and we may get them for a nominal fee if they were already planning on signing under freedom of contract. We have such a bloated squad due to the fact we have changed managers so much in the last 18 months.
I don't like to hear this kind of thing, last time it was Butcher who told players "your on the move!", and we relegated at the end of that season!!!!
Get rid of players if you will, but don't broadcast it, as it only causes unrest within the team!!!!

Steve Austin
06-01-2023, 02:45 PM
I don't like to hear this kind of thing, last time it was Butcher who told players "your on the move!", and we relegated at the end of that season!!!!
Get rid of players if you will, but don't broadcast it, as it only causes unrest within the team!!!!

I personally don’t like the publicity re ten players out and they ain’t good enough?
but if we rewind to when Kenneh,bojang,jair etc we’re bought Lee said they were his players and scouted and he knew off them .,,
now they are no good ?…
The minute you start the blame game on players and board etc your on a shoogly nail..

MWHIBBIES
06-01-2023, 02:46 PM
The speed of our business has never been a problem. Its always been the quality. We've signed plenty of rubbish players quickly in the window who were deemed ''exactly what we need''.

Key West
06-01-2023, 03:40 PM
With a better choice of selection things will automatically improve, the return of players, consistency and certain others taking more responsibility. If we cannot bring in 1 or 2 that can make a real difference then we shouldn't opt for signings that are not any better than what we have.