PDA

View Full Version : Time to be honest

21sMay
04-01-2023, 10:43 PM
Unfortunately the time has come that we have to be very honest about who is good enough for our club .

Hanlon
Campbell
Mitchell
Doidge
Henderson

All definitely not good enough for this club .

Newell
Cadden
Stevenson
Kenneh
Cabraja

All good enough squad players I think.

Marshall
Rocky
Nisbit
Mcgennis
Youanne
Mcgeady

I'd definitely keep .

Melkerson
Taveres

I'd have out on loan .

3/4 maybe 5 starter needed in this side . Scary thought but unfortunately it's the reality

wookie70
04-01-2023, 10:53 PM
Some bizarre choices there for me. Tavares, Henderson, Cabraja, Bojang, Youan and Doidge would be 6 that I would try and lose. I wouldn't be bothered if Mitchell, Magennis and McGeady joined then purely for how often they are injured. The rest I would probably be ok keeping but not necessarily as first 11 players.

Real Emerald
04-01-2023, 10:56 PM
Unfortunately the time has come that we have to be very honest about who is good enough for our club .

Hanlon
Campbell
Mitchell
Doidge
Henderson

Newell
Cadden
Stevenson
Kenneh
Cabraja

Marshall
Rocky
Nisbit
Mcgennis
Youanne
Mcgeady

I'd definitely keep .

Melkerson
Taveres

I'd have out on loan .

3/4 maybe 5 starter needed in this side . Scary thought but unfortunately it's the reality

The problem is you can’t get rid of players like Hanlon until you have some sort of replacement. That is a problem throughout the team and although we need to trim the squad we have to be sure we have a good 1st team on the pitch first. Apart from that I agree but it’s a huge mess we’re in with this atrocious recruitment policy and the people responsible for it.

21sMay
04-01-2023, 10:56 PM
Some bizarre choices there for me. Tavares, Henderson, Cabraja, Bojang, Youan and Doidge would be 6 that I would try and lose. I wouldn't be bothered if Mitchell, Magennis and McGeady joined then purely for how often they are injured. The rest I would probably be ok keeping but not necessarily as first 11 players.

Funny how opinions differ . Youane had been our best player the 3 games . Mcgennis seems to have actually got fit and is doing well overall . Cabraja hasn't been a bad signig at all , maybe just a tad attacking for this league so far

21sMay
04-01-2023, 10:57 PM
The problem is you can’t get rid of players like Hanlon until you have some sort of replacement. That is a problem throughout the team and although we need to trim the squad we have to be sure we have a good 1st team on the pitch first. Apart from that I agree but it’s a huge mess we’re in with this atrocious recruitment policy and the people responsible for it.

Yep , spot on . Easy for me to sit and say who shouldn't go but as you say we need better replacements ehish isn't easy

PHeffernan
04-01-2023, 11:05 PM

Hanlon
Campbell
Mitchell
Doidge
Henderson

Newell
Cadden
Stevenson
Kenneh
Cabraja

Marshall
Rocky
Nisbit
Mcgennis
Youanne
Mcgeady

I'd definitely keep .

Melkerson
Taveres

I'd have out on loan .

You have chosen to definitely keep 6 players but have only been able to spell 3 of their names correctly.
I can see one other player in your long list whose name is also wrongly spelt.
Can you spot it?

Vini1875
04-01-2023, 11:06 PM

Hanlon
Campbell
Mitchell
Doidge
Henderson

Newell
Cadden
Stevenson
Kenneh
Cabraja

Marshall
Rocky
Nisbit
Mcgennis
Youanne
Mcgeady

I'd definitely keep .

Melkerson
Taveres

I'd have out on loan .

Sorry but the second group I would lump into the first. Youane, McGennis and McGeady would be squad players. I rate McGeady, but the one from 3 or four seasons ago, our one is a bit player, 20 minutes here and there.

I worry if our young players are not better than Melkerson and Taveres, who both look out of their depth and I'm not sure a loan spell would help. Or is it that management are too afraid to take a chance on youth.

From your list only Nesbit, Rocky and Marshall get in my starting 11. You can sign me the other 8 or get some of the young team in.

Someone told me Josh O'Connor was in the Harp and Castle, watching McKirdy running around at tynie. As raw as that boy might be right now I'm sure he would have given us more than McKirdy, who has so far only given us an undeserved song.

PHeffernan
04-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Sorry but the second group I would lump into the first. Youane, McGennis and McGeady would be squad players. I rate McGeady, but the one from 3 or four seasons ago, our one is a bit player, 20 minutes here and there.

I worry if our young players are not better than Melkerson and Taveres, who both look out of their depth and I'm not sure a loan spell would help. Or is it that management are too afraid to take a chance on youth.

From your list only Nesbit, Rocky and Marshall get in my starting 11. You can sign me the other 8 or get some of the young team in.

Someone told me Josh O'Connor was in the Harp and Castle, watching McKirdy running around at tynie. As raw as that boy might be right now I'm sure he would have given us more than McKirdy, who has so far only given us an undeserved song.

Must be a record.
5 Hibs players names spelled wrongly in an 8 line post.
How many can you spot?

wookie70
04-01-2023, 11:23 PM
Funny how opinions differ . Youane had been our best player the 3 games . Mcgennis seems to have actually got fit and is doing well overall . Cabraja hasn't been a bad signig at all , maybe just a tad attacking for this league so far Cabraja has been poor for me, Youan better of late but despite so many good positions doesn't look threatening and Magennis is doing ok but for how long. I can't believe you chose Melkerson and Tavares as the only two you would definitely keep. Neither has done a thing this season and both rarely get into a side which struggles to score

OldEast
05-01-2023, 01:38 AM
Must be a record.
5 Hibs players names spelled wrongly in an 8 line post.
How many can you spot?

I see 5. Amazing how fans can't spell their team's players names correctly even after seeing them written down hundreds, maybe thousands of times.

PHeffernan
05-01-2023, 01:59 AM
I see 5. Amazing how fans can't spell their team's players names correctly even after seeing them written down hundreds, maybe thousands of times.

In a thread entitled "To Be Honest" I had to be honest about our supporters inability to spell our players names, as you say, despite seeing them written down a gazillion times.

WeeRussell
05-01-2023, 04:48 AM
In a thread entitled "To Be Honest" I had to be honest about our supporters inability to spell our players names, as you say, despite seeing them written down a gazillion times.

You must have seen apostrophes written down a gazillion times?

Torto7062
05-01-2023, 05:40 AM

Hanlon
Campbell
Mitchell
Doidge
Henderson

Newell
Cadden
Stevenson
Kenneh
Cabraja

Marshall
Rocky
Nisbit
Mcgennis
Youanne
Mcgeady

I'd definitely keep .

Melkerson
Taveres

I'd have out on loan .

I don't think I'm being too harsh here but you've got that list all wrong mate.

For me only 3 should be kept

Marshall
Nisbet
Rocky

As far as I'm concerned the rest are either past it,injury prone,very average or are just plain ****.

But it's all about opinions eh

loanheadhibby
05-01-2023, 11:11 AM
Funny how opinions differ . Youane had been our best player the 3 games . Mcgennis seems to have actually got fit and is doing well overall . Cabraja hasn't been a bad signig at all , maybe just a tad attacking for this league so far

Do you feel Magennis has got himself fit.
Did our manager not indicate he didn't start on Monday as he wouldn't have got through 90 mins.

CockneyRebel
05-01-2023, 11:13 AM

Does it really matter? Really?

hibsbollah
05-01-2023, 11:14 AM
Youanne. :dunno:

Is this a Budge reference?

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2023, 11:17 AM

Maybe the spelling mistakes are down to not really giving a toss who these players are?

I certainly couldnt care less if they all left bar a few ok ones, as i've taken little notice of most of them or how their names are spelt since they all signed.

j'adorehibs
05-01-2023, 11:26 AM

Welcome to the internet! Anything to get some kind of one up man-ship but fail, with the apostrophes. Ever thought the guy could be dyslexic or you know what, just not a good speller ? Get over yourself .

As for the list I'd agree with pretty much everything there bar Tavares, he can go too.

OldEast
05-01-2023, 11:30 AM
Maybe the spelling mistakes are down to not really giving a toss who these players are?

I certainly couldnt care less if they all left bar a few ok ones, as i've taken little notice of most of them or how their names are spelt since they all signed.

Maybe you're right. I understand some might say it really doesn't matter but I just find it a bit weird. Was going to say people I know never spelt our players names wrongly but of course with no internet there was very seldom the need to write the names down.

cameronw-hfc
05-01-2023, 11:45 AM

You're coming across horribly here. Maybe it's down to something more than just not being able to spell, ever considered they might be dyslexic? Or even just someone that struggles with spelling. Not everyone is good at the same things, to be mocked for spelling from another adult is plain pathetic, especially seen as you won't shut up about it. Have a look at yourself

lyonhibs
05-01-2023, 11:52 AM
You're coming across horribly here. Maybe it's down to something more than just not being able to spell, ever considered they might be dyslexic? Or even just someone that struggles with spelling. Not everyone is good at the same things, to be mocked for spelling from another adult is plain pathetic, especially seen as you won't shut up about it. Have a look at yourself

*Seeing 😅

But agreed, precisely how the names are spelt is somewhat immaterial given that most of them aren't good enough

superfurryhibby
05-01-2023, 12:10 PM
Pointless thread, given that it’s being discussed to death on about twenty others.

With regard to spelling our players names right, dyslexia or whatever, can people not just check if they’re not sure?

JammyDoidger
05-01-2023, 03:16 PM
I'd keep

Marshall
Cadden
Rocky
Newell
Magennis
Campbell
Boyle
Nisbet
Big myk
Melkersen(believe he will come good if he gets games under his belt, perhaps a loan)
McKirdy(because he's not had a fair chance)
Youan

The rest I couldn't care if they left tomorrow, id be actively trying to move them on.

allezsauzee
05-01-2023, 04:19 PM
It's not realistic to get rid of all the humpty players at once sadly. But ultimately the players that I think are ready to play for a team challenging for the top 4 are Nesbitt, Marshal, Caddon, Busheri, Maginnis, Boil and Kukharevich. Melkersson Keneh and Cambell , I'd keep as having the potential to improve. Hopefully that is a new record for misspelling at the very least.

Vini1875
05-01-2023, 10:50 PM
Welcome to the internet! Anything to get some kind of one up man-ship but fail, with the apostrophes. Ever thought the guy could be dyslexic or you know what, just not a good speller ? Get over yourself .

As for the list I'd agree with pretty much everything there bar Tavares, he can go too.

Not dyselxic, maybe not too bright to be sure, but I am more down the route of BlackpoolHibs and just find it hard to care about them. Fact remians, I will have very little sadness about many of these players going and I speak as a guy who attends maybe 80-90% of our games home and away.